PDA

View Full Version : I don't like Kobe Bryant

Chris Childs
04-24-2007, 11:19 AM
Yes, it's true he is an incredible talent, and the most talented player in the league. But I don't think he is the best player in the league because he can't make the players around him better, and he is about the worst ball hog I have ever seen. He's like the guy in the pick-up game who hogs the ball, takes 90% of the shots, and tries to do everything instead of involving the other players. It kind of makes me sick.

Even though he is less talented, to me a guy like Nash is better because he makes the players around him better, and is un-selfish. Nash is kind of like Bird in this way. Bird could have scored 35 a game if he wanted, but he knew that his team wouldn't be as good if he did that. Nash could score 25 a game if he wanted, but his team wouldn't be as good. Bryant should learn from these guys how to be a leader, an then maybe he'll win a championship with out Shaq.

Islymore
04-24-2007, 11:22 AM
wow... i dont like Kobe either... but i disliked him since he came into the league... no matter how good a player he is, i give him his due credit... i just dont like him. wow... i agree with Chris Childs on something...

Flopper
04-24-2007, 11:28 AM
I like to hate him.

mardigan
04-24-2007, 11:37 AM
No shit

resistanze
04-24-2007, 11:47 AM
It's kind of ironic that you suggest that in order for Bryant to win another championship, he should learn from a player that has never won any.

Sportcamper
04-24-2007, 11:48 AM
I don’t like the Lakers PG’s... (Other than Farmar)...If the Lakers had some ball handlers Kobe would not have to be a Ball Hogg...

Testing
04-24-2007, 11:56 AM
It's kind of ironic that you suggest that in order for Bryant to win another championship, he should learn from a player that has never won any.

:lol :tu

At one point in the 4th quarter Sunday...Kobe ahd on the floor with him Kwame Brown, Sasha Vujic, Maurice Evans, and Smush Parker. Even Nash couldn't help these guys.

resistanze
04-24-2007, 12:23 PM
:lol :tu

At one point in the 4th quarter Sunday...Kobe ahd on the floor with him Kwame Brown, Sasha Vujic, Maurice Evans, and Smush Parker. Even Nash couldn't help these guys.

The supporting cast simply is not good enough. In the 4th quarter, Kobe went ice cold and started jacking up wild shots. But that was basically what he did in the first half and he made those shots, and no one was complaining. All of a sudden Kobe is supposed to have 100% confidence in his teammates in crunch time?

I mean I'm not saying he didn't make bad decisions, but the amount of criticism he gets is just comical.

I cringed at the amount of missed layups and putbacks the Lakers by the supporting cast in the 2nd half. LMAO @ someone saying Turiaf looked like a palm tree :lol

mavsfan1000
04-24-2007, 12:31 PM
I approve this thread. Chris Childs with a good thread?

Fillmoe
04-24-2007, 12:33 PM
kobe is prolly my favorite player in the league right now...... i never used to like him before this season.

resistanze
04-24-2007, 12:35 PM
I started liking him more and more after finding out the dumbass reasons why people hate him.

DDS4
04-24-2007, 12:35 PM
I don't like him either, but he is the best scorer in the game. Best player? That's debatable.

If you need a last second shot, there's nobody close to what Kobe can do.

And the criticism he gets is unfair. He has to walk an incredibly fine line every time he takes the court.

CamRon
04-24-2007, 12:37 PM
I'm always rocking my Laker jersey. NUMBER 8!

Trainwreck2100
04-24-2007, 12:38 PM
I liked him ever since he single handedly set the Lakers franchise back 5 year

Texas_Ranger
04-24-2007, 12:38 PM
We all know that you don't like him. You are Chris Childs.

Kobulingam
04-24-2007, 01:31 PM
Kobe is overrated. He's a got talent, but IQ is a bit low.

First half of Suns game he torched them by making tough shots. Second half he was bricking and bricking and couldn't USE THE FIRST HALF as a way to attract defenders and feed teammates. Don't tell me his teammates weren't working and looking for the balls. They try a few times then they stop trying when it doesn't work.

Example: I remember twice when Kobe was dominating the ball and over dribbling, Sasha Vujacic made a cut towards the baskets and was looking for the ball. On one occasional Sasha was open under the basket for a good 5 seconds and Kobe was looking in that direction but ALREADY HAD HIS MIND UP TO TRY TO AND SHOOT OVER HIS DEFENDER AFTER MAKING A FANCY DRIBBLING MOVE (brick!). After these two cuts Sasha made without getting the ball, do you think he's going to keep doing that? Those were easy baskets. If that was Nash, Sasha would have scored both times.

And Lamar Odom is no scrub, but Kobe makes him look like one many days. He has to pass the ball to him more.

04-24-2007, 01:59 PM
Even though he is less talented, to me a guy like Nash is better because he makes the players around him better, and is un-selfish.

Nash is unselfish and he does make the players around him better. Keep in mind however, that it is easy for Steve to be unselfish when he is surrounded by players like Shawn Marion (an All-Star well before Nash came back to PHX) and Amare Stoudemire (Rookie of the Year honors while playing alongside Stephon Mebury), a MIP in Boris Diaw and a 6th Man winner in Barbosa, not to mention established veterans like Bell, Thomas and James Jones.

I have no issue conceding that Kobe is the best individual player in the NBA. I dislike the Lakers with every fiber of my being, but there is no denying Kobe's talent. With the exception of the enigma that is Lamar Odom, Kobe has nothing to work with. 3 of his starting 5 starting couldn’t even crack the end of the Suns bench...yet the Lakers are the in playoffs and have a punchers chance at winning.

All that said, I am happy that Kobe is on the Lakers, and Steve is with the Suns. I wouldn’t trade players or circumstances.

mardigan
04-24-2007, 02:05 PM
Nash is a fucking point guard, his job is to pass. Kobe is a shooting guard, his job is to shoot. I guess CHilds doesnt understand the basic principles of basketball. Being a Knick fan, that really doesnt surprise me

mavsfan1000
04-24-2007, 02:07 PM
Mardigan always feels like he has to defend Kobe.

SoCalSpursFan
04-24-2007, 02:08 PM
Yes, it's true he is an incredible talent, and the most talented player in the league. But I don't think he is the best player in the league because he can't make the players around him better, and he is about the worst ball hog I have ever seen. He's like the guy in the pick-up game who hogs the ball, takes 90% of the shots, and tries to do everything instead of involving the other players. It kind of makes me sick.

Even though he is less talented, to me a guy like Nash is better because he makes the players around him better, and is un-selfish. Nash is kind of like Bird in this way. Bird could have scored 35 a game if he wanted, but he knew that his team wouldn't be as good if he did that. Nash could score 25 a game if he wanted, but his team wouldn't be as good. Bryant should learn from these guys how to be a leader, an then maybe he'll win a championship with out Shaq.

tell me one person that can make Kwame, Smush, and Farmar "better". Do NOT say Nash, because Nash makes GOOD players GREAT. Marion/Stat/Barbosa/Bell >>>>>>>>>>>>>>> Kwame, Smush, Farmar, Odom

mardigan
04-24-2007, 02:08 PM
Mardigan always feels like he has to defend Kobe.
So are you having a hard time understanding the difference between a point and shooting guard?

mavsfan1000
04-24-2007, 02:09 PM
So are you having a hard time understanding the difference between a point and shooting guard?
No but you are always the first one to respond anytime Kobe is mentioned.

baseline bum
04-24-2007, 02:12 PM
The supporting cast simply is not good enough. In the 4th quarter, Kobe went ice cold and started jacking up wild shots. But that was basically what he did in the first half and he made those shots, and no one was complaining. All of a sudden Kobe is supposed to have 100% confidence in his teammates in crunch time?

I mean I'm not saying he didn't make bad decisions, but the amount of criticism he gets is just comical.

I cringed at the amount of missed layups and putbacks the Lakers by the supporting cast in the 2nd half. LMAO @ someone saying Turiaf looked like a palm tree :lol

Kobe's the best player in the league, but he screwed up bigtime in game 1. It's one thing to throw up a couple of bad shots as heat checks, but to go 1-10 in the fourth while putting the crap Kobe threw up is inexcusable. Odom was killing Phoenix when he put the ball on the floor. BTW, Smush Parker is garbage. He's pulling one of those Rodman quit on his team acts, and it's disgusting to see.

mardigan
04-24-2007, 02:14 PM
Yao>>>>Odom, Vlad, Brown, Walton
Bottom line is T-mac held a shit team together and got them top 50 wins while Kobe barely got his team 40 wins

I only defend him when someone makes a stupid argument, like Nash makes his team better while Kobe doesnt. Well, of course, Nash is a point guard its the nature of the position to make your teamates better. Deron, Paul, Kidd, almost any decent starting point will make their team better. Meanwhile Richardson, Carter, Allen, Redd, all shoot and dont really make their teamates better, its the nature of the position. Im not really defending Kobe as much as pointing out how stupid Childs argument is

Testing
04-24-2007, 02:48 PM
Wait until Kobe has that one game this series that makes you scratch your head and say how'd he do that? And grab the phone and call your friends to tell them to tune in.

He's the only player in the league...at least since Jordan, who's game has that affect on fans.

johngateswhiteley
04-24-2007, 04:48 PM
kobe is the worst ball hog i have ever seen...in the nba. yes. and it is painful to watch him play.

mullet
04-24-2007, 04:50 PM
kobe takes the pussy

degenerate_gambler
04-24-2007, 04:53 PM
Wait until Kobe has that one game this series that makes you scratch your head and say how'd he do that? And grab the phone and call your friends to tell them to tune in.

He's the only player in the league...at least since Jordan, who's game has that affect on fans.

whatever...speak for yourself.

the only time i ever did that was last year in the phx/la series, game 7 when kobe quit trying and gave up in the second half.

schadenfreude52
04-24-2007, 05:00 PM
Agree 100%