PDA

View Full Version : Lakers and Suns put on a clinic last night

DarrinS
04-25-2007, 07:05 AM
of how NOT to play defense.

Complete incompetence.

Watching Kwame makes me feel ok about our bigs. And why can't anyone swat away Nash's bounce passes? They are completely obvious, IMO.

bdictjames
04-25-2007, 08:54 AM
Nash's bounce passes arent easy enough to intercept. The guy's too unpredictable.

He has that quick step move which allows to shoot a jumpshot (which, unlike Kidd's, is very reliable) and the offense just is so explosive that he has too many options for the assist.

Sportcamper
04-25-2007, 09:22 AM
Steve Nash zinging a pass through Kwame Brown's legs for an Amare Stoudemire dunk... Leandro Barbosa ripping through the Lakers' obedient defense, again and again and again. ..Phoenix Suns owner Robert Sarver standing in his courtside seat, euphorically waving a foam No. 1 finger in the air...

The Zen Man has the Suns right where he wants them -- overconfident and so full of themselves that they're ripe for the picking... :elephant

nkdlunch
04-25-2007, 09:23 AM
Lakers will take next 2. IF they play their best defense, which they were able to play at some points during the season.

:lmao D'antoni said in the press conference that Suns played great defense

Crookshanks
04-25-2007, 09:45 AM
And just think - with a little effort on the part of the Spurs and a little less interference from Joey Crawford, we could be playing these "powerhouse" Lakers instead of the Nuggets. :bang

LilMissSPURfect
04-25-2007, 10:05 AM
it is what it is

Sportcamper
04-25-2007, 10:14 AM
http://us.news2.yimg.com/us.yimg.com/p/ap/20070425/capt.64b07379547f42c9bda0a6e88ba5b710.lakers_suns_ basketball_pnu123.jpg

If only Kobe would not choke & get his 64 points! We would be 2-0!!!! :dramaquee

da_suns_fan__
04-25-2007, 10:14 AM
Wow...jealousy really showing its ugly face around here.

Yeah....the Suns held the Lakers to 41% shooting, out-rebounded the Lakers, forced 15 turnovers and held one of the games greatest scorers of all time to only 15 points.

They played crappy defense, huh?

Good luck trying to avoid catastrophe tonight.

Sportcamper
04-25-2007, 10:23 AM
I was not making fun of Phoenix...They appear to have more talent than the Lakers.... :toast

DarrinS
04-25-2007, 10:43 AM

Yeah....the Suns held the Lakers to 41% shooting, out-rebounded the Lakers, forced 15 turnovers and held one of the games greatest scorers of all time to only 15 points.

Fuck the Suns.

Raja and Marion play D. The rest of the team? Not so much.

da_suns_fan__
04-25-2007, 10:46 AM
Fuck the Suns.

Don't be jealous cuz OUR team isn't boring.

nkdlunch
04-25-2007, 10:47 AM
LMAO at Suns celebrating 2 wins over the sorry Lakers.

mathbzh
04-25-2007, 10:47 AM
Fuck the Suns.

Maybe but yesterday, as a team, they played good defense.
It doesn't make the Suns a great defensive team

mathbzh
04-25-2007, 10:49 AM
And yes it would have been much easier to play the lakers in the 1st round.

da_suns_fan__
04-25-2007, 10:52 AM
LMAO at Suns celebrating 2 wins over the sorry Lakers.

LMAO at Spurs fans are talking shit while they're team is LOSING to the sorry Nuggets.

cheguevara
04-25-2007, 10:55 AM
sun fans are fucking stupid. They even cheered and celebrated when Kobe went down with the ankle last night.

they always celebrate when opposing players get injured. Even the tnt commentators said that is really wrong of Sun fans and that they should STFU.

Fuck the motherfucking suns, I will celebrate once they are eliminated from the playoffs.

LakerLanny
04-25-2007, 11:23 AM
The Lakers defense and coaching is non-existent.

Can you imagine being paid $10 million a year to do what Jackson has done (nothing) this season?

Only in America

Testing
04-25-2007, 11:26 AM
Lakers may get sweeped...first time for a phil jackson team?

DarrinS
04-25-2007, 11:29 AM
Don't be jealous cuz OUR team isn't boring.

Back when you guys had a great low-post player and a great half-court offense (i.e. a "boring" team), you actually made it to the finals. But, you probably weren't a Suns fan that long ago.

DarrinS
04-25-2007, 11:32 AM
sun fans are fucking stupid. They even cheered and celebrated when Kobe went down with the ankle last night.

they always celebrate when opposing players get injured. Even the tnt commentators said that is really wrong of Sun fans and that they should STFU.

Fuck the motherfucking suns, I will celebrate once they are eliminated from the playoffs.

Their fans kept chanting all sorts of things, but I couldn't make out what they were saying. I did hear a lot of "Kobe sucks. Kobe sucks". Isn't that kind of lame when your team is up by 30 points? Those guys are a real class act. NOT

Crookshanks
04-25-2007, 11:44 AM
LMAO at Spurs fans are talking shit while they're team is LOSING to the sorry Nuggets.
"Sorry nuggets"? Where have you been the last few weeks? The nuggets have been one of the hottest teams going into the playoffs - whereas the Lakers have been in a steady decline since the All Star break.

You'd probably be singing a very different tune if the Spurs and Suns seeding were reversed! Idiot!

wildbill2u
04-25-2007, 12:04 PM
of how NOT to play defense.

Complete incompetence. And why can't anyone swat away Nash's bounce passes? They are completely obvious, IMO.
Did you ever play? A quick and unexpected pass of any kind that is made from very close to the defending player is exceptionally hard to defend because of the reaction time necessary for the eye to communicate with the brain and then get the body/arms, hands and legs to respond.

A bounce pass down low is even harder to defend than a pass at chest level because these tall guys then need to bend as well as move their arms.

It must not be terribly obvious or easy to defend, because he's doing it past some of the best athletes in the world on his way to perhaps a third straight MVP year.

Nashfan
04-25-2007, 12:06 PM

Co-sign!!

Nashfan
04-25-2007, 12:10 PM
"Sorry nuggets"? Where have you been the last few weeks? The nuggets have been one of the hottest teams going into the playoffs - whereas the Lakers have been in a steady decline since the All Star break.

You'd probably be singing a very different tune if the Spurs and Suns seeding were reversed! Idiot!
:cry Guess the Spurs should have tried harder in the regular season. Are you that afraid of playing Denver??

DarrinS
04-25-2007, 01:08 PM
Did you ever play? A quick and unexpected pass of any kind that is made from very close to the defending player is exceptionally hard to defend because of the reaction time necessary for the eye to communicate with the brain and then get the body/arms, hands and legs to respond.

A bounce pass down low is even harder to defend than a pass at chest level because these tall guys then need to bend as well as move their arms.

It must not be terribly obvious or easy to defend, because he's doing it past some of the best athletes in the world on his way to perhaps a third straight MVP year.

Well, if not swat the passes at least cut off his passing lanes. Lakers made things way to easy for the Suns. Hell, and while we're at it, let's give all 6 foot guards a clear lane to the basket for a layup. I agree with what Barkley said last night, "someone's got to knock him on his ass" (or something to that effect).

da_suns_fan__
04-25-2007, 01:28 PM
Back when you guys had a great low-post player and a great half-court offense (i.e. a "boring" team), you actually made it to the finals. But, you probably weren't a Suns fan that long ago.

LMAO at this douche bag who compared the Spurs to the 92-93 Phoenix Suns.

Hey dumbass, that team averaged more points per game that this current Suns squad.

They also were in the second most watched finals in NBA History (compared to the Spurs who were in the first and second least watched finals in NBA History).

But really smart analogy. :rolleyes

Btw - Amare is a low post scorer. I don't know if I've ever read a dumber post in my life.

hater
04-25-2007, 01:32 PM
sun fans cheering at injuries. that is the lowest class of fan possible. maggots have more class than sun fans

DarrinS
04-25-2007, 01:33 PM
Hey dumbass, that team averaged more points per game that this current Suns squad.

Well, when the Suns (this season) play teams like the Spurs, it tends to lower their average.

They also were in the second most watched finals in NBA History (compared to the Spurs who were in the first and second least watched finals in NBA History).

That's because everyone loves Michael Jordan. But I'll take the 7 game 2005 Series over that 4-2 series any day.

Btw - Amare is a low post scorer. I don't know if I've ever read a dumber post in my life.

He doesn't really play with his back to the basket like Barkley did. But, whatever makes you feel better.