PDA

View Full Version : first time since 1998

td4mvp3
04-25-2007, 08:50 AM
i don't think we make it past the nuggets, and it looks like the heat aren't getting by chicago, so it struck me that this could be the first year that neither duncan or shaq has been in the finals since jordan was still running things.

bdictjames
04-25-2007, 08:52 AM
Good point. The 2 most dominant players today. Thank God for bringing them to the NBA.

EDIT: But I'm not giving up on the Spurs just yet. My bad I didnt read the whole thread. :lol

cherylsteele
04-25-2007, 08:53 AM
http://12feetunder.com/Pics/RedRock/Jesse-showing-up-the-locals.jpg

degenerate_gambler
04-25-2007, 08:54 AM
awww....

are you just a nostalgic, sensitive person

or

a quitter?

either way...shove this thread up your ass.

SRJ
04-25-2007, 08:59 AM
That would be weird, but you're wrong. Denver has won its last game of the 2007 Playoffs.

mardigan
04-25-2007, 09:03 AM
One game and your jumping ship. I guess that says a lot

td4mvp3
04-25-2007, 09:04 AM
awww....

are you just a nostalgic, sensitive person

or

a quitter?

either way...shove this thread up your ass.
yawn.

cheguevara
04-25-2007, 09:07 AM
pussy.

giving up after game 1. gimme a break :idiot

Extra Stout
04-25-2007, 09:07 AM
Why aren't the Spurs getting by the Nuggets?

DarrinS
04-25-2007, 09:18 AM
This thread sucks.

td4mvp3
04-25-2007, 09:18 AM
Why aren't the Spurs getting by the Nuggets?
thanks for at least asking instead of just insulting me. i was just really impressed by the nuggets and think nene is a bit too much. the spurs don't seem to have anyone to match up with him and i'm still not convinced we're as good defensively as everyone touts.

nkdlunch
04-25-2007, 09:20 AM
don't come back to post here if Spurs get through round 1. you are a weak fan.

Duncanoypi
04-25-2007, 09:20 AM
Yeah...this is not march madness....

td4mvp3
04-25-2007, 09:29 AM
don't come back to post here if Spurs get through round 1. you are a weak fan.
dude, seriously, what are you going to do if i post here from now until the day duncan dies? grow up, already.

Extra Stout
04-25-2007, 09:39 AM
thanks for at least asking instead of just insulting me. i was just really impressed by the nuggets and think nene is a bit too much. the spurs don't seem to have anyone to match up with him and i'm still not convinced we're as good defensively as everyone touts.
1) The Nuggets beat the Spurs by 6 in Game 1 in SA two years ago.
2) Nene played for the Nuggets then too.
3) It is unlikely that a mediocre defensive team like Denver is going to shut down the Big 3 for an entire playoff series. If that could be done, the Spurs would be the #6 seed, not the Nuggets.
4) The Nuggets are a hot-and-cold team.
5) The Spurs, like the Suns and Mavericks, showed visible signs of rust from taking the last three or four games off.
6) Parker probably isn't going to be the primary defender on AI again.

Dave McNulla
04-25-2007, 09:41 AM
i don't think we make it past the nuggets, and it looks like the heat aren't getting by chicago, so it struck me that this could be the first year that neither duncan or shaq has been in the finals since jordan was still running things.
watch out that you don't break your ankle jumping off the bandwagon.

DarrinS
04-25-2007, 09:55 AM
http://www.ebaumsworld.com/2006/07/gay15.jpg

nkdlunch
04-25-2007, 10:04 AM
dude, seriously, what are you going to do if i post here from now until the day duncan dies? grow up, already.

grow some nuts then. pussy

cornbread
04-25-2007, 10:28 AM
What the fuck is this crap? It's one loss.

Budkin
04-25-2007, 10:28 AM

Don't jump! I swear we're going to win the series!

degenerate_gambler
04-25-2007, 10:30 AM
Don't jump! I swear we're going to win the series!

Jumping is messy.

If he's got a towel, I've got a shower rod.

easjer
04-25-2007, 10:31 AM

Well, let's talk some more about Nene after someone tries to drive inside and forces him to do something about it. I'm not trying to discount him wholesale, but the Spurs were pretty weak and lacked their trademark aggression in getting inside and forcing shots in the paint. So I can't say how Nene will do if actually asked to defend in the paint. They packed the lanes with their bigs as a key of their defense, but I didn't really see the Spurs testing their defense much.

And honestly, 6 points. Down by 2 with a minute left. You can't tell me that the difference of one or two of the seventeen things that were bad and wrong about the Spurs play don't equal a clear win. Lots of stuff to fix, and only a little ways to go to win. If they play even average tonight, I think they win handily enough to cover the spread. If they play well, I think it's lights out tonight.

Tonight should tell us more about this team and where they are.

DarrinS
04-25-2007, 10:39 AM
Well, let's talk some more about Nene after someone tries to drive inside and forces him to do something about it. I'm not trying to discount him wholesale, but the Spurs were pretty weak and lacked their trademark aggression in getting inside and forcing shots in the paint.

:clap :clap :clap

Thank you. Someone gets it.

The_Worlds_finest
04-25-2007, 10:46 AM
all my bookie money says, the naysayers are back on after tonights game

Jimcs50
04-25-2007, 10:51 AM
I too feel that the Nuggets are going to win the series.

These are not your daddy's Nuggets. They have it all, speed, ghreat outside shooting, great penetrators, great defenders in the post, great rebounders.

It was a nice 10 yr run, but alas, all great Empires fall sooner or later. We need to sit TD, and TP down all next year, and get the 1st pick in the draft....we do that every 10 yrs when we start to get old and mediocre.

td4mvp3
04-25-2007, 11:06 AM
i really wish people would chill out. one person mentions the possibility that the spurs may actually lose a series and suddenly the world is crumbling. and yeah, the spurs weren't playing their best, but neither were the nuggets. ai and carmelo can score a whole bunch and bruce hasn't been the stopper of old this year and parker isn't likely to hold off ai. the idea that the spurs get beat isn't too far-fetched. but all this defensiveness just really seems to point to how uneasy some supposedly hardline fans are.

td4mvp3
04-25-2007, 11:07 AM
grow some nuts then. pussy
i am what i eat. and the tough guy rhetoric loses something when it's some guy at his computer getting huffy puffy about a b-ball team of millionaires.

Jimcs50
04-25-2007, 11:13 AM
How does being realistic and having a basketball IQ make one a "pussy"? Denver has been one of the best teams the last month and I think they can win the West. We have no answer for The Answer, TD has his hands full against Camby and Nene in the middle. TP and Manu have problems finishing at the basket because of the shot blockers waiting for them, our outside shooting has been suspect lately, it all adds up to losing the series.

DarrinS
04-25-2007, 11:25 AM
How does being realistic and having a basketball IQ make one a "pussy"? Denver has been one of the best teams the last month and I think they can win the West. We have no answer for The Answer, TD has his hands full against Camby and Nene in the middle. TP and Manu have problems finishing at the basket because of the shot blockers waiting for them, our outside shooting has been suspect lately, it all adds up to losing the series.

Damn, Jim. How do you think game 1 would've gone if the big three didn't put up these incredible shooting numbers in the first half?

Tim 2 of 11
Tony 2 of 10
Manu 4 of 15

That's a whopping 8 of 36 (That's 22% by my math).

I may not have the highest basketball IQ, but I think the game would have been closer than 6 points, if not an outright Spurs win.

thispego
04-25-2007, 11:33 AM
hahaha, this is a funny thread.
denver beats us once and all of a sudden we're outmatched? no way... denver was just hyped for game 1. tonight i have a feeling we will see some major domination by the spurs.

Jimcs50
04-25-2007, 11:40 AM
Damn, Jim. How do you think game 1 would've gone if the big three didn't put up these incredible shooting numbers in the first half?

Tim 2 of 11
Tony 2 of 10
Manu 4 of 15

That's a whopping 8 of 36 (That's 22% by my math).

I may not have the highest basketball IQ, but I think the game would have been closer than 6 points, if not an outright Spurs win.

Ok, I feel better...I knew you would make me feel better, Darrin. Thanks man.

:)

Cry Havoc
04-25-2007, 11:43 AM

QfB.

Quoted for Bandwaggoning.

Cry Havoc
04-25-2007, 11:47 AM

You have no right to celebrate when/if we win a championship this year. Disgraceful.

Rummpd
04-25-2007, 02:17 PM
I predict right now, both move on. Heat in 7 and Spurs in 6. Never discount the heart of champions or the power of true skilled big men.