PDA

View Full Version : McGee developing confidence in aerial attack

Doug Collins
04-25-2007, 08:56 AM
McGee developing confidence in aerial attackBy Tim Griffin
Special to ESPN.com

COLLEGE STATION, Texas -- It wasn't the kind of play that would make many fans at Kyle Field stop and take notice.

But Texas A&M quarterback Stephen McGee's 21-yard swing pass to running back Mike Goodson that started the spring game almost made coach Dennis Franchione turn cartwheels on the field.

Jamie Squire/Getty Images
Stephen McGee is focused on improving his passing in 2007."We had four verticals [deep passes] called and all of them were covered," Franchione said. "Stephen checked back down and made a nice gain. Those aren't the kind of plays that catch people's eyes or break things, but they do ours."

Such maturity might be the biggest key in boosting the Aggies into Big 12 title contention for the first time since Franchione took over. A&M still is a work in progress, but as McGee improves, his team should get better with him.

"When he pulls the ball down and moves around the pocket, last year he pretty much would have made his mind to go out and take the play," Franchione said. "But he's made some growth and as he's grown, we've all grown."

That spring development has been important as A&M attempts to build on last season's 9-4 record. The Aggies closed the 2006 regular season with a flourish, notching a 12-7 victory at Texas that knocked the Longhorns out of the Big 12 title game. The upset snapped a devastating six-game losing streak to their archrivals and was A&M's first victory in Austin since 1992.

A resounding 45-10 loss to California in the Holiday Bowl didn't diminish all of the good will produced by that victory -- even after a season that had earlier been marred by three conference losses by a combined margin of six points.

"I think we can play with anybody," Goodson said. "With the talent we've got, we don't think anybody can hang with us right now."

McGee's toughness and resiliency helped mark his team last season. Teammates remember his gutty leadership during a dramatic game-winning drive against Texas. Despite throwing up in the huddle because of unseasonably hot conditions, McGee directed a 16-play, 88-yard drive against what was then the nation's top statistical rush defense. The Aggies converted five third-down plays on the drive, including three on option runs by McGee.

Around The Big 12

Is Colorado on the road to recovery? Which quarterback will emerge at Nebraska, Kansas and Texas Tech? Can Baylor improve its running game? Our Big 12 notebook addresses those questions and much more. Big 12 notebook

As impressive as that drive was, McGee realizes that his passing skills will make or break the Aggies this season. That's why he accentuated developing confidence in the aerial game during the spring.

"My biggest emphasis this spring was just to trust my protection a little longer," McGee said. "I'm trying to get to the second progression and then the third and the fourth if I need it. I need to learn to shuffle up in the pocket and throw it rather than try to make something happen with just my legs."

To get to that point, the Aggies have worked extensively on development of a deep passing game this spring. The development of speedy receivers like Jamie McCoy, Earvin Taylor, Kerry Franks and Pierre Brown and big-play tight end Martellus Bennett will be critical in that progression.

"I thought we had a great spring," McGee said. "Our biggest emphasis was trying to work on the vertical game, and I thought we had a very productive spring trying to gear to that."

The Aggies again will depend heavily on a running game that ranked eighth nationally with an average of 206.9 yards per game and returns its top three rushers. Goodson emerged with team-leading totals of 847 rushing yards and a 6.7 yards-per-carry average as a freshman. Bullish 274-pound tailback Jorvorskie Lane chipped with 725 yards and a conference-leading 19 rushing touchdowns. And McGee ranked fifth nationally among all quarterbacks with 666 rushing yards.

Goodson's recovery from a sprained knee suffered in the Holiday Bowl is an especially welcome bit of news this spring. Despite initial fears his knee might have been hurt much worse, Goodson said he is primed for a big comeback.

"It was really scary when the trainers started talking about a torn ACL or a PCL," Goodson said. "It did scare me a little bit. But when I got back home, they told me it was just a sprain. And when I started working out, I feel like I can still do what I had done before."

Ronald Martinez/Getty Images
Mike Goodson rushed for 847 yards in '06.That injury capped a tempestuous freshman season for Goodson, who struggled with fumbling woes before a dramatic improvement as the season progressed. After averaging 5.7 yards per carry and 46.8 yards per game rushing in his first seven games last season, Goodson's averages skyrocketed to 86.8 rushing yards and 7.4 yards per carry over his final six games.

"Mike's September was bumpy last year and it wasn't until October when he came into his own," Franchione said. "He's going to be a much bigger cog of everything."

But the biggest question for the Aggies will be continued growth in a defense that made huge steps last season. New defensive coordinator Gary Darnell orchestrated a transformation that enabled the Aggies to improve from 107th nationally in total defense in 2005 to 46th last season. A&M also went from 117th to 44th in pass defense, 104th to 39th in pass efficiency defense and 94th to 44th in scoring defense.

Franchione has seen continued improvement in the Aggies' second season with Darnell's 4-2-5 defensive alignment.

"We're certainly much farther along," Franchione said. "One really outstanding thing that Coach Darnell did is that he would only let his game plan be a big as his players were confident in what they were doing. As a result, we didn't have big defensive game plans some weeks. Probably, there were some days when he would have liked to have a little bit more at his fingertips."

As more of the defense has been installed this spring, there have been some growing pains along the way. The two A&M defenses combined to allow 380 rushing yards at the spring game.

"It's a lot more complicated," A&M linebacker Mark Dodge said. "There's a lot more blitzes and a lot more zone stuff going in -- we're in and out of new stuff every other day. It's kind of hard to keep up, but it's based on the same packages we worked with last year."

The Aggies' gravitated to Darnell's new tweaks as spring practices progressed, Dodge said.

"You can see it a lot in our defensive backs," Dodge said. "They are jumping balls in practice. Last year, we might have tipped maybe one ball in practice. This year, we're tipping five or six in one practice and intercepting them. We've got so much confidence back there."

A rigorous schedule will test that growing trust in Darnell's scheme. A&M's road schedule is dotted with games against Miami, Texas Tech, Nebraska, Oklahoma and Missouri -- all 2006 bowl teams. The season will be capped by a rematch with the Longhorns at Kyle Field.

Last season's development has stressed to McGee how much will still is necessary to boost the Aggies back into contention for their first Big 12 title since 1998.

"We've got something going, but we remember that in the Cal game we were humiliated and we didn't play very good." McGee said. "We're not forgetting that and using it as some motivation going into the fall. We're close, but we're not there yet.

"We need to keep getting better. It's great to have momentum and a great win here and there for confidence, but we still have a long way to go to where we want to be."

Tim Griffin covers the Big 12 for the San Antonio Express-News.

link (http://sports.espn.go.com/ncf/news/story?id=2844294&lpos=spotlight&lid=tab5pos3)

I'm going to go out on a limb and predict 9-4 again. This is the same stuff we hear every spring from Fran and the A&M beat writers.

degenerate_gambler
04-25-2007, 09:19 AM
anyone realize how prolific a passer McGee was in high school? the guy winged it all over the field. then he goes to a&m and they turn him into an option qb.

9-4 sounds about right with losses to miami, nebraska, oklahoma and texas.

well, i forgot about tech....make that 8-5.

johngateswhiteley
04-25-2007, 09:35 AM
anyone realize how prolific a passer McGee was in high school? the guy winged it all over the field. then he goes to a&m and they turn him into an option qb.

its going to be fun owning t.u. again on the ground and nice to be starting a streak against them as well. no way t.u. wins at kyle field this year.

nice job of predicting, degenerate human being, A&M only gets 1-2 losses this year...nebraska being one and perhaps miami or ou the other...we'll see. i say 11-2.

degenerate_gambler
04-25-2007, 10:16 AM
nice job of predicting, degenerate human being, A&M only gets 1-2 losses this year...nebraska being one and perhaps miami or ou the other...we'll see. i say 11-2.

i didn't realize lohan's tits were as big as they are.

anyway....keep drinking that franny kool-aid and convincing yourself you'll win roadies against miami, tech, nebraska and blowu. when's the last time aggy won in lubbock, lincoln or norman?

johngateswhiteley
04-25-2007, 10:19 AM
i didn't realize lohan's tits were as big as they are.

anyway....keep drinking that franny kool-aid and convincing yourself you'll win roadies against miami, tech, nebraska and blowu. when's the last time aggy won in lubbock, lincoln or norman?

didn't i just say we'd lose at nebraska? could a swore....anyway, we should win at miami, tekk, and norman. although, i am giving us a loss in probably one of those games giving us a record of 11-2.

fyi, lohan's tits are awesome...

IcemanCometh
04-25-2007, 10:23 AM
pooor aggy

Doug Collins
04-25-2007, 10:34 AM

McGee's arm strength, in my opinion, isn't that great and he tends to get rattled in passing situations, especially after throwing an interception. I love the guy's toughness and attitude, but the prolific passer he was in high school hasn't really shown up yet. Hopefully, he will be given some opportunities to show what he can do, instead of being forced into the single quick out, slant, or hook reads he's been forced into by the o-coord.

Maybe we will only give up 40 to tech instead of the requisite 50+ we usually give them in Lubbock.

Doug Collins
04-25-2007, 10:34 AM
didn't i just say we'd lose at nebraska? could a swore....anyway, we should win at miami, tekk, and norman. although, i am giving us a loss in probably one of those games giving us a record of 11-2.

Quite hypnotic...

Cant_Be_Faded
04-25-2007, 05:49 PM
McGee.

LOLOLOLOLOLOLLOLOLOLOLOLOLLOLOLOLOLOLOLLOLOLOLOLOL OLLOLOLOLOLOLOLLOLOLOLOLOLOLLOLOLOLOLOLOLLOLOLOLOL OLOLLOLOLOLOLOLOLLOLOLOLOLOLOLLOLOLOLOLOLOLLOLOLOL OLOLOLLOLOLOLOLOLOLLOLOLOLOLOLOLLOLOLOLOLOLOLLOLOL OLOLOLOLLOLOLOLOLOLOLLOLOLOLOLOLOLLOLOLOLOLOLOLLOL OLOLOLOLOLLOLOLOLOLOLOLLOLOLOLOLOLOLLOLOLOLOLOLOLL OLOLOLOLOLOLLOLOLOLOLOLOLLOLOLOLOLOLOL
stop dude
you're breaking my ribs

lol roflrofl

RonMexico
04-25-2007, 05:58 PM
Yeah, Colt McCoy's arm strength... can't top that.

Question: is Fran developing confidence in throwing the ball more than 5 yards?

beachbarbie948
04-25-2007, 11:13 PM
its going to be fun owning t.u. again on the ground and nice to be starting a streak against them as well. no way t.u. wins at kyle field this year.

are you sure we're talking about the same team?
i love A&M as much as anyone, but we're talking about fran coaching here

degenerate_gambler
04-26-2007, 04:32 PM
what's with all the decommits that past 2-3 weeks?

1-2 is understandable...but 6? that doesn't sound good.

Willinsa
04-27-2007, 12:51 PM

Ok you think aggy will win in Lubbock, damn franny has gotten raped the last 2 times they played there. Do not see a win, remember franny is not a good coach.

I honestly believe that they will lose to:

Thug U
Huskers
Tech
OU
Texas

Maybe

Mizzou- In Columbia

I think a 5 loss season and franny is out.

Also on a side not I was in LA about a month ago and caught a quick look at Lindsey Lohan leaving the Roosevelt Hotel, saw for pass by me with her security guards and her tits were niiiiice.

Ballcox
04-27-2007, 12:58 PM
what's with all the decommits that past 2-3 weeks?

1-2 is understandable...but 6? that doesn't sound good.

Yep, 6 de-commits in the past month or so, not looking good for ag recruiting with the '08 class.

In fact, what most recruit writers consider ag's best '08 recruit, DJ Dravannti (LB/DE) just decommited from the ags and is now a UT commit! Good decision by him all around.

As for jgw, you don't see it now, but that whole what comes around goes around thing? It's coming full circle this November at your house, we will OWN your sorry ass.

Let the UT dominance continue my brothers!

Kevin Blackistone
04-27-2007, 01:37 PM
The only way Aggie wins again against Texas is if McCoy is injured and off stride going into the game like last year. If Texas can get a yard with the RB against KState they probably end up in the BCS bowl games and finish with a much nicer season. Just goes to show - 1 play changes your season.

Pugglekicker_21
04-27-2007, 01:54 PM
Personally i think that the aggs were going to give Cal afight in the holiday and wound up getting their asses kicked.

stephen mcgee is from burnet, correct?

he was pretty bad ass there through the air, but its nice to see him use his legs too.

Cant_Be_Faded
04-27-2007, 07:10 PM
Dude hearing this guy's name seriously makes me laugh as hard as Cartman did when he saw that midget

He's so good that he doesn't have to win his bowl games. roflrofvkkkplllllwnt.

mookie2001
04-27-2007, 08:07 PM
mcgee is good, he leads the agcriculturers well, all aggys trust him, love him, just like Bush

he cant throw though
and hes better than Colt McCoy in the same way Reggie McNeal was better than Vince Young

(for those who cant remember that long ago, for 3 years aggys thought this, theyve since stopped saying that, online and in person)

he beat texas, which makes him a legend
they better pray Colt suffers severe nerve damage

Cant_Be_Faded
04-27-2007, 08:59 PM
Severe Nerve Damage is the only chance the aggies have at making it to a bowl they're not qualified for, THEN getting destroyed by their opponent.

That aggie/cal game was a certified blood smegma fest. L O LLLLLLLLLLLLLL :smokin :pctoss

:wakeup

Cant_Be_Faded
04-27-2007, 09:01 PM
jesus christ lindsay lohan's freckled body is hideous

RonMexico
04-29-2007, 07:57 PM
Dude hearing this guy's name seriously makes me laugh as hard as Cartman did when he saw that midget

He's so good that he doesn't have to win his bowl games. roflrofvkkkplllllwnt.

Just like the story of Colt McCoy almost drowning that guy makes me laugh.

Dingle Barry
05-07-2007, 03:19 PM
McGee had the legendary Jordan Shipley to throw to at Burnet. Now he has a bunch of scrubs who Frantastic primarily recruits to block.

Also, I honestly think Stephen spends more time practicing his post-concussion taunts than he does throwing the ball.

To whomever above said that aggy is going to "start a streak against tu," really, that is hilarious. You should check out your recruiting classes the past few years. Outside of RB (Goodson and that kid from the valley), it is not pretty.

Doug Collins
05-08-2007, 04:20 PM
McGee had the legendary Jordan Shipley to throw to at Burnet. Now he has a bunch of scrubs who Frantastic primarily recruits to block.

Also, I honestly think Stephen spends more time practicing his post-concussion taunts than he does throwing the ball.

To whomever above said that aggy is going to "start a streak against tu," really, that is hilarious. You should check out your recruiting classes the past few years. Outside of RB (Goodson and that kid from the valley), it is not pretty.

Feel free to ignore JGW's posts, everyone does. Welcome to the college forum!YAY!!!

btw Capt. Mike = douchebag

Cant_Be_Faded
05-08-2007, 06:03 PM
Dude stop bumping this thread every time i see the word McGee i laugh so hard my eyes tear up and my contacts pop out.

Seriously.

Goodson is a hell of a fucking back, I knew he'd bust a huge one against us last year, then again i didn't expect us to put in that disgrace Henry Melton for a 4th and goal either.

How the hell did Fran get goodson anyways? He has the exact characteristics of a player that UT tries to get, and gets wooed over to OU. I guess he really likes the Dixie Chicken.

Doug Collins
05-08-2007, 07:50 PM
Dude stop bumping this thread every time i see the word McGee i laugh so hard my eyes tear up and my contacts pop out.

Seriously.

Goodson is a hell of a fucking back, I knew he'd bust a huge one against us last year, then again i didn't expect us to put in that disgrace Henry Melton for a 4th and goal either.

How the hell did Fran get goodson anyways? He has the exact characteristics of a player that UT tries to get, and gets wooed over to OU. I guess he really likes the Dixie Chicken.

Fran offered him a part time job at the local toyota dealership paying $5k an hour.

johngateswhiteley
05-09-2007, 12:32 AM

he was committed to USC and then went to A&M. he didn't even consider that shit hole in austin.

johngateswhiteley
05-09-2007, 12:34 AM

i guess so, the fact that A&M will be better this year than last, and the game will be in Kyle Field...really shouldn't matter. oh wait, never mind....

:rolleyes

RonMexico
05-09-2007, 01:44 AM

We all know what recruiting classes mean.

Absolutely nothing.

Signed,

Boise State Broncos

LaMarcus Bryant
05-09-2007, 05:37 PM
LOL Aggies will have to make it past Baylor for the 2nd year in a row if they want a chance at being seriously considered about being serious.

LaMarcus Bryant
05-09-2007, 08:12 PM
Jarvorrvskie Lane will be the next Mike Goodson

johngateswhiteley
05-09-2007, 08:57 PM
Jarvorrvskie Lane will be the next Mike Goodson

i wonder how many yards they will run for against t.u. this year? my guess is 125 each...

LaMarcus Bryant
05-09-2007, 09:24 PM
LOL too bad fat asses in college station is the norm else jorvorrrvskie would get like 4 touchdowns in the first quarter alone.

johngateswhiteley
05-09-2007, 09:39 PM
LOL too bad fat asses in college station is the norm else jorvorrrvskie would get like 4 touchdowns in the first quarter alone.

Lane led the Big 12 in touchdowns, genius.

LaMarcus Bryant
05-09-2007, 09:42 PM
I knew that, so does everyone else moderately into CFB. All I am saying that is if goodson turns out to be half as good as Courtney Lewis, then A&M most likely will beat tech and baylor.

johngateswhiteley
05-09-2007, 09:46 PM
I knew that, so does everyone else moderately into CFB. All I am saying that is if goodson turns out to be half as good as Courtney Lewis, then A&M most likely will beat tech and baylor.

i don't follow...Goodson is already better than Lewis.

LaMarcus Bryant
05-09-2007, 09:57 PM
Exactly :smokin

RonMexico
05-10-2007, 01:21 AM
LOL Aggies will have to make it past Baylor for the 2nd year in a row if they want a chance at being seriously considered about being serious.

Wow - very deep, buddy... it would be the 3rd year in a row.

I guess the previous 18 straight vs. Baylor wasn't enough.

Maybe if you guys can get past KSU, we'll talk

degenerate_gambler
05-10-2007, 08:35 AM
...then A&M most likely will beat tech

naaaaahhhhh... :lol :lol

LaMarcus Bryant
05-10-2007, 05:33 PM
Wow - very deep, buddy... it would be the 3rd year in a row.

I guess the previous 18 straight vs. Baylor wasn't enough.

Maybe if you guys can get past KSU, we'll talk

You can't be taken seriously, unless you are trying to troll, then i can take you serious, because even a strong hater would realize Jevean Snead in that game was easily the biggest debauchery since Chris Simms the year he usurped Major Applewhite because of his 'pedigree'.

Colt would have picked KSU apart and you know it so please. He marched down the field in like 1 minute on the opening drive. WITH EASE.

johngateswhiteley
05-10-2007, 07:29 PM
You can't be taken seriously, unless you are trying to troll, then i can take you serious, because even a strong hater would realize Jevean Snead in that game was easily the biggest debauchery since Chris Simms the year he usurped Major Applewhite because of his 'pedigree'.

Colt would have picked KSU apart and you know it so please. He marched down the field in like 1 minute on the opening drive. WITH EASE.

colt mccoy reminds me of.....me, when i was in junior high. please, t.u. was overrated all of last year until after the loss to A&M.

...this will be the best team Fran has had yet, i expect them to get 10 wins minimum.

LaMarcus Bryant
05-10-2007, 09:01 PM
JGW since you are by far my most formidable opponent I trust you will engage in friendly spurstalk college sports forum wagers with me when the time comes around.

:smokin :smchode:

johngateswhiteley
05-10-2007, 09:46 PM
JGW since you are by far my most formidable opponent I trust you will engage in friendly spurstalk college sports forum wagers with me when the time comes around.

:smokin :smchode:

where were you last year, i was making bets almost every week...? anyway, this year should be fun, i think t.u. will be better than last year as should A&M.

Willinsa
05-11-2007, 01:41 AM
Only a dumbass ass cocksuker like JGW would call austin a shit hole, then what is BCS a bigger shit hole with nothing to do?

Holmes_Fans
05-11-2007, 02:03 AM

Jevan still put up 40 points, it was the shitty defense that screwed texas all year.

This will be A&Ms last year at a chance for real success. The 07 class sucked, and the 08 class is falling apart real fast.

RonMexico
05-11-2007, 04:43 AM

Whatever fuckbag, maybe if you realized that they already had beat Baylor twice in a row before you tried to make any kind of disparaging argument against A&M.

I countered your attempt to make fun of A&M losing to an inferior opponent (Baylor) by making fun of your team blowing their shit against KSU. Then you try to make a "but... if Colt played" argument that Spurs fans have blasted us Suns fans for saying about Nash and the bloody nose.

Typical UT/Spurs fan douchebag.

leemajors
05-11-2007, 09:09 AM
Major Applewhite was the most overhyped qb of all time. dude was bound for the bench as soon as someone without a noddle for an arm came along. as a result of Applewhite, we are stuck with G. Davis' offense for an indeterminate number of years.

johngateswhiteley
05-11-2007, 09:27 AM
Major Applewhite was the most overhyped qb of all time. dude was bound for the bench as soon as someone without a noddle for an arm came along. as a result of Applewhite, we are stuck with G. Davis' offense for an indeterminate number of years.

are you out of your mind?

leemajors
05-11-2007, 09:44 AM
are you out of your mind?

no, i am just in the very small minority that thinks applewhite blew.

johngateswhiteley
05-11-2007, 09:47 AM
no, i am just in the very small minority that thinks applewhite blew.

dude was a gamer...his leadership, heart, and intelligence easily put him as one the best t.u. QBs ever.

degenerate_gambler
05-11-2007, 10:03 AM

you're a moron if you think he's the reason why Davis is still Brown's OC.

leemajors
05-11-2007, 10:16 AM
you're a moron if you think he's the reason why Davis is still Brown's OC.

i just think they got stuck in a rut with an offense i'm not particularly fond of. of course it's not the only reason, i was exaggerating. i do think that simms would have done a lot better had they tailored the offense to suit his strengths.

leemajors
05-11-2007, 10:17 AM
dude was a gamer...his leadership, heart, and intelligence easily put him as one the best t.u. QBs ever.

i'll take gardere over the applewhite any day.

degenerate_gambler
05-11-2007, 10:27 AM
i do think that simms would have done a lot better had they tailored the offense to suit his strengths.

that I do agree with. Greg Davis will never be accused of being creative.

Unfortunately, it doesn't look like it's going to change anytime soon.

http://www.statesman.com/sports/content/sports/stories/longhorns/03/28/28bohls.html

LaMarcus Bryant
05-11-2007, 06:12 PM

WHOA

ladies and gents this is the first positive thing about UT that JGW has ever said in his spurstalk history!!!

johngateswhiteley
05-11-2007, 06:51 PM
WHOA

ladies and gents this is the first positive thing about UT that JGW has ever said in his spurstalk history!!!

perhaps.

RonMexico
05-12-2007, 04:37 AM
i just think they got stuck in a rut with an offense i'm not particularly fond of. of course it's not the only reason, i was exaggerating. i do think that simms would have done a lot better had they tailored the offense to suit his strengths.

Those strengths were what? Throwing into double coverage? Overthrowing receivers? Throwing the ball too low? Having zero mobility? A complete lack of leadership skills?

They could tailor it by making him hand off the ball all game, I suppose... he might be able to pull that one off.

And if you're trying to say he's proved what he can do in the pros, then I guess you didn't watch him completely blow the game against the Redskins two years ago. Simmba was so upset with his own performance that he ruptured his spleen the following year as an excuse.

leemajors
05-12-2007, 08:22 AM
Those strengths were what? Throwing into double coverage? Overthrowing receivers? Throwing the ball too low? Having zero mobility? A complete lack of leadership skills?

They could tailor it by making him hand off the ball all game, I suppose... he might be able to pull that one off.

And if you're trying to say he's proved what he can do in the pros, then I guess you didn't watch him completely blow the game against the Redskins two years ago. Simmba was so upset with his own performance that he ruptured his spleen the following year as an excuse.

shouldn't you be posting in Capt. Mike's OSU village thread?

mookie2001
05-12-2007, 09:18 AM
i wont defend sims as a qb, but against the redskins his receiver dropped a perfect pass in the endzone that could have tied the game on the bucs last drive, it bounced off the guys palms

RonMexico
05-12-2007, 06:23 PM
i wont defend sims as a qb, but against the redskins his receiver dropped a perfect pass in the endzone that could have tied the game on the bucs last drive, it bounced off the guys palms

Yeah that was his best throw of the game... wasted by Michael Clayton? Can't remember what receiver it was, but he was pretty decent.

RonMexico
05-12-2007, 06:25 PM
shouldn't you be posting in Capt. Mike's OSU village thread?

Capt. Mike is old news. That pussy is played.

Shouldn't you be in the 6 million dollar man thread?

MajorMike
05-14-2007, 11:35 AM
http://i135.photobucket.com/albums/q147/NCAAFBALLROX/Texas%20Football/aggyPotential.jpg

Just because its funny, that's why.

degenerate_gambler
05-14-2007, 02:18 PM
http://i8.photobucket.com/albums/a40/dgnerate_gamblr/fran.jpg

dmac
05-14-2007, 03:48 PM
The only way Aggie wins again against Texas is if McCoy is injured and off stride going into the game like last year. If Texas can get a yard with the RB against KState they probably end up in the BCS bowl games and finish with a much nicer season. Just goes to show - 1 play changes your season.

if...

MajorMike
05-14-2007, 04:25 PM
http://youtube.com/watch?v=5-llw6OeptA

Extra Stout
05-15-2007, 11:26 PM
With the exception of accuracy, toughness, poise, intelligence, and the ability to read defenses, Simms was a great quarterback.

johngateswhiteley
05-16-2007, 09:50 AM
With the exception of accuracy, toughness, poise, intelligence, and the ability to read defenses, Simms was a great quarterback.

exactly.

johngateswhiteley
05-16-2007, 09:51 AM
http://youtube.com/watch?v=5-llw6OeptA

the hit on McCoy was fair...Colt should have had his head on a swivel.

MajorMike
05-16-2007, 11:37 AM

I wonder exactly how much he is getting paid to be on an NFL roster.

RonMexico
05-18-2007, 12:21 AM
I wonder exactly how much he is getting paid to be on an NFL roster.

I thought he just signed a new contract last year... at least 3/4 years before the spleen injury.