PDA

View Full Version : Buford banned by FIBA...

ploto
04-25-2007, 01:39 PM
Rodney Buford- that is. :)

Former NBA player Rodney Buford was banned for three months by the international basketball federation on Wednesday for testing positive for cannabis, and already has served nearly all of that suspension.
Buford, who plays for Israeli team Maccabi Tel Aviv, had been temporarily banned since Feb. 2 and will be eligible to return next Wednesday.

FIBA officials said cannabis was discovered in Buford's doping sample after a Euroleague game against Cibona Zagreb last November.

Buford, who attended Creighton, played for the Miami Heat, Philadelphia 76ers, Memphis Grizzlies, Sacramento Kings and New Jersey Nets. He also has played for teams in Greece, Italy and Ukraine.

http://www.usatoday.com/sports/basketball/europe/2007-04-25-doping-buford_N.htm

Kori Ellis
04-25-2007, 01:41 PM
He never stops smoking weed. That's why he's not in the NBA.

DarrinS
04-25-2007, 01:44 PM
He never stops smoking weed. That's why he's not in the NBA.

They still let Phil Jackson coach.

Kori Ellis
04-25-2007, 01:44 PM
Coaches don't get drug tested. Hmm.. maybe they should :)

Cry Havoc
04-25-2007, 01:46 PM
Coaches don't get drug tested. Hmm.. maybe they should :)

Oooo. 90 posts away from 50,000. :hat

Kori Ellis
04-25-2007, 01:46 PM
Oooo. 90 posts away from 50,000. :hat

True, I feel like I should retire at that point :)

baseline bum
04-25-2007, 01:56 PM
True, I feel like I should retire at that point :)

Nah. The retirements of Marcus Bryant, FunkTiger, and f7 have already hurt this team too much. We can't lose any more of the core. :hat

Kori Ellis
04-25-2007, 01:58 PM
Nah. The retirements of Marcus Bryant, FunkTiger, and f7 have already hurt this team too much. We can't lose any more of the core. :hat
:lol

You mean, Ghost Writer, not Marcus Bryant, right?

MB still posts (just not as himself).

I talked to Ghost Writer via email the other day. He's busy with work, wife, and baby, but he promised he's going to come post a little bit soon.

FunkTiger is someone who I thought would never stick to his retirement from SR back in the day, but he did.

baseline bum
04-25-2007, 02:10 PM
:lol

You mean, Ghost Writer, not Marcus Bryant, right?

MB still posts (just not as himself).

I talked to Ghost Writer via email the other day. He's busy with work, wife, and baby, but he promised he's going to come post a little bit soon.

FunkTiger is someone who I thought would never stick to his retirement from SR back in the day, but he did.

Yeah , I know... but MB retires so often it still has an effect. Casper's missed too, but I think he's just gone into hiding after Tony Parker made 2 all-star teams and Gary Payton turned into Chris Whitney.

RobinsontoDuncan
04-25-2007, 02:17 PM
so who is MB now? How come he doesnt use his old handle?

angel_luv
04-25-2007, 02:33 PM
:lol at the thread title...intrigued me. :)