PDA

View Full Version : Josh Howard interview

romad_20
04-25-2007, 05:19 PM
You buy the theory that some kind of conspiracy involving the referees cost the Mavericks the Finals last year?

I don't want to respond to that. I'll just say that everybody in the world knows we were supposed to be champions. Since I have been with this team we have never lost four games in a row.

link (http://myespn.go.com/blogs/truehoop/0-23-118/Josh-Howard-Will-be-Heard.html)

What balls!

dallaskd
04-25-2007, 05:23 PM
Since I have been with this team we have never lost four games in a row.

They started 0-4 :lol

dallaskd
04-25-2007, 05:23 PM
what t-mac said was better.

mullet
04-25-2007, 05:24 PM
the also never had to play dwade and shaq more than twice a season until last years finals

Amuseddaysleeper
04-25-2007, 05:25 PM

:lol :lol

Amuseddaysleeper
04-25-2007, 05:25 PM
what t-mac said was better.

what did t mac say?

thispego
04-25-2007, 05:26 PM
:lmao
have they lost 4 in a row other than at the beginning of this season since jho's been there/?

Carrot Top
04-25-2007, 05:26 PM
:dramaquee :dramaquee :dramaquee

monosylab1k
04-25-2007, 05:28 PM
he also said "we can only blame ourselves" regarding the Finals but that part was conveniently left out here, huh?

RonMexico
04-25-2007, 05:32 PM
Josh Howard needs to start checking his ego at the door... that's all I'm gonna say

Carrot Top
04-25-2007, 05:34 PM
He should blame dirk for choking at the free throw line.

Flopper
04-25-2007, 05:35 PM
sounds like the usually thing a mav will say.

mavsfan1000
04-25-2007, 05:41 PM
I agree with Josh Howard. The refs were horrible but he needs to get over it. He is just telling the truth though which was being blunt. lol

stretch
04-25-2007, 06:52 PM
what did t mac say?
that the finals seemed rigged.

DubMcDub
04-25-2007, 07:23 PM
what did t mac say?

He basically said the finals were rigged and implied that "everybody who watched saw it" and that only people who had a vested interest in rooting for Miami or against Dallas would claim otherwise.

Fillmoe
04-25-2007, 07:25 PM
so when the mavs get swept by the warriors is howard gonna say its another conspiracy against the mavpricks

DubMcDub
04-25-2007, 07:31 PM
so when the mavs get swept by the warriors is howard gonna say its another conspiracy against the mavpricks

No, but you can bet a fair amount that Josh will make a comment or two of the irony and irrelevance of a Kings fan talking playoff smack.

Marklar MM
04-25-2007, 07:49 PM
TMac...I personally like the "It's finally good to get out of the first round" quote from 2003, being up 3-1 on Detroit. The Tragic went on to lose 4 in a row. LOL.

LB7
04-25-2007, 07:53 PM
Josh Howard needs to start checking his ego at the door... that's all I'm gonna say
You're right, Josh's ego has prevented the Mavs from doing what they are capable of since he arrived:rolleyes...moron. So much hate and nothing to back it up.

Leetonidas
04-25-2007, 07:56 PM
Wow, Josh Howard is a complete tard. They fucking started 0-4 for God sakes.

Termanology
04-25-2007, 08:08 PM
Josh Coward sucks.

Findog
04-25-2007, 08:21 PM
All of you guys hating on him are the real idiots. That was a great interview. I hate to use the word articulate, because there are negative connotations and it's considered condescending and patronizing to use that term to describe a black man...but when I say he's smart and articulate, I mean he's smart and articulate compared to your average human being, not smart and articulate compared to your average black man.

As for the Finals comments he made, open your eyes. The Mavs didn't play their best, but if you want to argue that Wade earned those calls, be my guest. Plenty of people outside of Dallas and Detroit without a rooting interest have said much the same thing. Wade averaged 8 FTAs per game against the Bulls in the first round, 17 against Dallas in the Finals. He played the same way. Why is that? There's your damning indictment. Nine extra points per game in a series where Miami won three games by a grand total of 6 points.

I don't believe for a second that the league actively tries to screw certain teams at the expense of others in regards to the officiating, or because they want marketable players to win rings at the expense of less marketable guys. If that were the case, Detroit wouldn't have beaten the Lakers three years ago. What I think is that the League wants every series to go as long as possible, they want the games to be close and tight, and the more close, competitve games and the longer a series goes, the better the ratings, the better the advertising revenue. After the first two games in Dallas, the Heat were totally outclassed and didn't appear to have a prayer of staying with the Mavericks. Give credit to Wade for stepping his game up and playing lights out, but he also got a handicap from the refs. Period.

So how do they go about trying to get a competitive series? They assign bad refs to games where they want the home team to win. Bad refs tend to get swayed by the crowd and don't have the stones to make calls against the home team. Game Five was just atrocious, even before the phantom call at the end of overtime. I think in the case of Miami-Dallas, they just got carried away. There wasn't a conscious effort to screw the Mavs, if the Heat had jumped out to a 2-0 lead, we might have seen Dallas get the benefit of some questionable calls. It would be interesting to see if GS gets raped on the calls tonite -- if they go back to Oakland up 2-0, I don't see Dallas winning four out of five and two at the Oracle. If the series is tied 1-1, then it's a series.

romad_20
04-25-2007, 08:43 PM
he also said "we can only blame ourselves" regarding the Finals but that part was conveniently left out here, huh?

I didn't see that following that quote. That was his complete answer to that question in the interview. This is what followed:

If stuff like that does happen, what can you do about it?

If stuff like that really does happen, all you can do about it is pray to God

And on the issue of the interview, the rest was pretty good. I just thougt this line would send Heat fans and D-Wade through the fucking roof

Carrot Top
04-25-2007, 09:19 PM
what the hell does Mcgrady know about the finals he has never been. :wtf

dirk4mvp
04-25-2007, 09:24 PM
what the hell does Mcgrady know about the finals he has never been. :wtf

Gee, I'm sure he has a tv to watch to come to his conclusion.

Don't you have some bogus ass phone commercials to be making?

picnroll
04-25-2007, 09:37 PM
He basically said the finals were rigged and implied that "everybody who watched saw it" and that only people who had a vested interest in rooting for Miami or against Dallas would claim otherwise.
Why didn't he mention that the Western semi-finals were rigged?

BUMP
04-25-2007, 10:03 PM
TMac...I personally like the "It's finally good to get out of the first round" quote from 2003, being up 3-1 on Detroit. The Tragic went on to lose 4 in a row. LOL.

wouldnt that be three in a row? :wtf

dallaskd
04-25-2007, 10:20 PM
Josh Coward sucks.

creative.

monosylab1k
04-26-2007, 01:10 AM
i think he just said that everyone in the nba likes to smoke pot.

that's probably the most factual thing in the entire article.

ponky
04-26-2007, 01:11 AM
i LOOOOOOOOOOVE jho.....LOOOOOOOOOOOOVE him

RonMexico
04-26-2007, 01:13 AM
Who is Josh Howard?... never heard of this kid.

mavsfan1000
04-26-2007, 02:07 AM
Who is Josh Howard?... never heard of this kid.
He's the guy that owned your team in last years playoffs. :p:

gtownspur
04-26-2007, 02:23 AM
Don't worry, if it makes you better MavFan Inc. The mavs played defense, went to the line and were treated fairly by the refs on my TV during the Finals,....and won.

sprrs
04-26-2007, 02:33 AM
DAMN some of you Mavs fans complain about the finals a lot.....whether it indeed was rigged or not, there's nothing you can do about it, suck it up.

Duncanoypi
04-26-2007, 06:36 AM
prrrrrrrrttt...."TIMEOUT!!!!!"

TonyParkerSux
04-26-2007, 10:30 AM
Why didn't he mention that the Western semi-finals were rigged?

he would have if you Spurms had gotten the calls in that series that you normally do. LMFAO at any Spurms fan who thinks that the Mavs get more favorable officiating than SA. You guys are the kings of getting BS calls and non-calls on Timmy. Duncan would have to break a players neck to get called for a foul while he only need to be breathed upon for an opponent to be whistled....