PDA

View Full Version : I'm more pissed after this game 2 than game 1

Amuseddaysleeper
04-25-2007, 08:29 PM
EDIT: I'm aware the thread title is ludicrous but hear me out...

Pathetic Pathetic Pathetic

We looked so good for a stretch there, but so far Denver has been the team with far more poise down the stretch. This team really has been in a funk lately, and I think with a raunchy Denver crowd, these close 4th quarters could easily go Denver's way in games 3 & 4

Having said all this, I only take solace in the fact the Spurs have yet to bring their "A" game.

But they better bring it soon, because a split in denver is a do or die situation heading back to SA for game 5

ChumpDumper
04-25-2007, 08:31 PM
I am less pissed than after game 1.

Tek_XX
04-25-2007, 08:31 PM
A win is a win you stupid whore.

lrrr
04-25-2007, 08:32 PM
TD played a total of 32 minutes, Melo had 44.

T Park
04-25-2007, 08:33 PM
Yeah wins are worse than losses.

nkdlunch
04-25-2007, 08:34 PM
what a fuckin deuche....

MannyIsGod
WTF? They had one bad stretch in the fourth but otherwise played well.

Denver is not a pushover team, what the hell don't you understand about that???

Nikos
Screw that. All I wanted tonight was a freakin win. The Spurs got it. Now its all about getting a win in Game 3.

Amuseddaysleeper
A win is a win you stupid whore.

:dramaquee :rolleyes

yes, and it's great to get the W, but in this is the first round and we should be sending a message and kicking things up an extra gear. Was Denver expected to make a run? of course, but the 4th quarter play was beyond pathetic. There was absolutely no reason in the world denver should've been in that game no matter how hot AI got. It shouldn't have come down to that. Hopefully the Spurs sloppy play will cause Pop to light a fire under the team's ass (for the 80th time this season it seems) and they can actually play 4 solid quarters of basketball.

Tek_XX
I'm a firm believer that winning is better than losing.

Leetonidas
No offense Amused, but are you FUCKING RETARDED???

If you are more upset about this than Game 1, you need to get your head checked. The Big 3 played well and the defense was great. The Spurs were way more poised than Denver down the stretch seeing as how Denver got it to 3 but lost by 9. Iverson hit a couple tough, maybe even lucky, shots, and Melo hit a three or two. The Spurs played pretty damn good, much better than Sunday.

Duncanoypi
04-25-2007, 08:35 PM
ok you want a lost more than a win...?

td4mvp21
The game was great all the way until 5 minutes left in the fourth. I am not too happy about the defense during that stretch, but you have to give the Spurs credit for playing very good defense until that point. I still do not see the Spurs playing their "A" game-I think they have been playing below their potential so far, which is very disappointing. I'm glad it is tied 1-1. I know I wanted this team to blow them out like '05, but this team is not the '05 team. We have to realize that this Spurs team is going to have to grind out most wins they get in the playoffs.

Amuseddaysleeper
WTF? They had one bad stretch in the fourth but otherwise played well.

Denver is not a pushover team, what the hell don't you understand about that???

a bad stretch that nearly cost them the game.

yes, at the end of the day, it's awesome we got the win, but a bit unraveling that it came down to what it did.

There is absolutely no reason for this series to go 7, not for a team trying to win a championship. Hopefully we can end this in 6

JamStone
I don't get why some fans simply feel that once a team is down double digits in the fourth quarter, they are supposed to just lay down and roll over and give up. It's the fucking playoffs. And, Denver is fucking good. It's not just the Spurs not closing out strong. It might not be that at all. It might be that Denver is really good and they won't stop fighting until the game is over.

sprrs
04-25-2007, 08:36 PM

Most sane people feel the same way.

Amuseddaysleeper
04-25-2007, 08:37 PM
The game was great all the way until 5 minutes left in the fourth. I am not too happy about the defense during that stretch, but you have to give the Spurs credit for playing very good defense until that point. I still do not see the Spurs playing their "A" game-I think they have been playing below their potential so far, which is very disappointing. I'm glad it is tied 1-1. I know I wanted this team to blow them out like '05, but this team is not the '05 team. We have to realize that this Spurs team is going to have to grind out most wins they get in the playoffs.

I'm glad it's tied 1-1 but I kinda wish we woulda gone for the kill is all I'm saying.

At the end of the day we got the win, but if I'm in that SA locker room, i hope it is somewhat mellow in there, b/c there is no way they can play the way they are and expect to even get one game over there let alone two

VaSpursFan
this thread is retarded. denver is a very athletic team with two good scorers. there won't be any blowouts this series.

WalterBenitez
:dramaquee

Oh a not deserved win is not a win :sleep

T Park
04-25-2007, 08:38 PM
There is absolutely no reason for this series to go 7,

Why?

The fuckin Nuggets are one friggen damn good team.

AI and Melo together are tough mother fuckers.

Its a made matchp on top of it with their front line and our shitty ass centers.

tlongII
The Nuggets are damn good. They have 2 superstars in AI amd Melo, 2 very good bigs in Camby and Nene', a steady, if unspectacular PG in Blake, and serviceable bench players in Najera and J.R. Smith. I've been expecting them to play like this since they acquired AI and it's finally happening. They are going to be a tough out.

Leetonidas
I'm glad it's tied 1-1 but I kinda wish we woulda gone for the kill is all I'm saying.

At the end of the day we got the win, but if I'm in that SA locker room, i hope it is somewhat mellow in there, b/c there is no way they can play the way they are and expect to even get one game over there let alone two
I'm sure it is "mellow" in the locker room. The Spurs know it's just one win and they have 3 more to win. The Spurs are a playoff team, and they know they got business.

td4mvp21
04-25-2007, 08:39 PM

Well, just be happy that it is tied. I am. We had one bad stretch, which is pretty damn good for a playoff game. This Denver team is much better than it was two years ago; I definitely underestimated them.

Amuseddaysleeper
04-25-2007, 08:40 PM
Why?

The fuckin Nuggets are one friggen damn good team.

AI and Melo together are tough mother fuckers.

Its a made matchp on top of it with their front line and our shitty ass centers.

the nuggets are a team that deserves their playoff spot

but the problem is this. like kenny smith said perfectly before the game...

"SA needs to win big, if it gets close in the 4th quarter, then Denver feels like they can definitely cause an upset, SA needs to win big to send a message"

It was something along those lines nd he hit the nail on the head.

Look, I will take the win any way we can get them, but the way the Spurs are playing on their own floor doesn't worry you then I'd hate to think what happens when we get to Denver. We've been a fairly solid road team this year, so here's to hoping we come away with a split at the least.

SpursWoman
04-25-2007, 08:41 PM

:tu

You'd think. :lol

Amuseddaysleeper
04-25-2007, 08:41 PM
Well, just be happy that it is tied. I am. We had one bad stretch, which is pretty damn good for a playoff game. This Denver team is much better than it was two years ago; I definitely underestimated them.

you and me both

but then again, if SA played like SA should, I'm thinking these games wouldn't be nearly as close.....though in fairness to denver they played fairly poorly in game 2 and yet were still in it......much like SA in game 1

jmard5
04-25-2007, 08:42 PM
I will still take this win.

nkdlunch
04-25-2007, 08:42 PM
what a fucking deuche

E20
04-25-2007, 08:43 PM
I'm happy with the win. I just wanted the win, like Kenny was saying earlier, to be DEMORALIZING, blow those fuckers away by 40 points.

What I don't want to see happen is the same 1-2 minute stretch at the end of the game where the Spurs have a 17 point lead in Games 3 and 4. Because there is a good chance that in Denver the Spurs might not maintain that lead and lose.

Amuseddaysleeper
04-25-2007, 08:43 PM
what a fucking deuche

it's spelled "douche" dumb fuck

at least spell it right if you're gonna call people names

01Snake
04-25-2007, 08:44 PM
Go Warriors! :lol

Amuseddaysleeper
04-25-2007, 08:44 PM
I will still take this win.

I will too, but I'm just bringin up another view

nkdlunch
04-25-2007, 08:45 PM
it's spelled "douche" dumb fuck

at least spell it right if you're gonna call people names

you stupid piece of shit, at least I don't start these kind of threads. you stupid dumbfuck. is that spelled correctly?

Amuseddaysleeper
Go Warriors! :lol

now those guys would def. make my night if they go up 2-0 :lol

Amuseddaysleeper
you stupid piece of shit, at least I don't start these kind of threads. you stupid dumbfuck. is that spelled correctly?

rofl

kill yourself

SpursWoman
I don't get why some fans simply feel that once a team is down double digits in the fourth quarter, they are supposed to just lay down and roll over and give up. It's the fucking playoffs. And, Denver is fucking good. It's not just the Spurs not closing out strong. It might not be that at all. It might be that Denver is really good and they won't stop fighting until the game is over.

My thoughts exactly ... Denver is a damn good team.

nkdlunch
04-25-2007, 08:46 PM
rofl

kill yourself

ok, whatever you say. it won't change the fact that you a dumb asshole

easjer
04-25-2007, 08:47 PM
Look - if they play smart and well and keep their senses about them, a bad stretch in Denver still won't equal a win. They played a lot better, the series is tied up, and they've still got room for improvement. We'll see that improvement in Denver. I'm happy.

Budkin
I know you are pessimistic Amused, but come on....

Amuseddaysleeper
ok, whatever you say. it won't change the fact that you a dumb asshole

and it won't change the fact that you still can't speak english

and yeah, i guess i am under estimating this team, but this is round 1

what happens when we/if we get to dallas? or should i say golden state :)

hater

We looked so good for a stretch there, but so far Denver has been the team with far more poise down the stretch. This team really has been in a funk lately, and I think with a raunchy Denver crowd, these close 4th quarters could easily go Denver's way in games 3 & 4

Having said all this, I only take solace in the fact the Spurs have yet to bring their "A" game.

But they better bring it soon, because a split in denver is a do or die situation heading back to SA for game 5

Denver, no... AI made some crazy shots... what in the hells is you talking about?

Spurs have been the team that has not lost their cool and they will not lose their cool.

Amuseddaysleeper
04-25-2007, 08:48 PM
I know you are pessimistic Amused, but come on....

hey, i said i'd take the win, and maybe the thread title is ridiculous, but you can't tell me you're not concerned with how the team is playing at home. the road is gonna be much tougher, but like i said before, at least they tend to focus more on the road

nkdlunch
04-25-2007, 08:49 PM
and it won't change the fact that you still can't speak english

and yeah, i guess i am under estimating this team, but this is round 1

what happens when we/if we get to dallas? or should i say golden state :)

ok. I read your post again, but I still think, Spurs were the team that did keep it cool tonight. You cannot blame them for the crazy shots that AI made.

yeah, it was the thread title that pissed me off :D

Snake
I'm definitely more pissed after this game than Game 1

Aggie Hoopsfan
Yeah wins are worse than losses.

Sincerely, mr. turnovers > jump shots.

T Park
04-25-2007, 08:50 PM
Sincerely, mr. turnovers > jump shots

Way to take what I said the wrong way as usual Wooden :tu

Lakerhater1
04-25-2007, 08:50 PM
I'll take the win. But I agree with Amuse to the extent that Spurs are known for close out defense, especially at end of quarters and specifically in last quarter.

But... I honestly believe that Spurs will play better in Denver.

Amuseddaysleeper
04-25-2007, 08:51 PM
ok. I read your post again, but I still think, Spurs were the team that did keep it cool tonight. You cannot blame them for the crazy shots that AI made.

yeah, it was the thread title that pissed me off :D

haha fair enough

and to be honest, the more i read it, the more stupid i realize it is

i was just wanting a huge W tonight, but maybe this is type of win was good so it still keeps the team grounded.

and Snake
:lol

RuffnReadyOzStyle
04-25-2007, 08:53 PM

Can't agree. Nuggets had to get hot at some stage after shooting poorly for much of the game, and that's what happened. We made a couple of poor decisions, then steadied the ship and took the win. That's exactly what a good team does when their lead is whittled by a hot streak. Do you play ball? The secret is not to panic when they make their run.

We played pretty well and won. Get over it.

SpursWoman
04-25-2007, 08:53 PM
I'm definitely more pissed after this game than Game 1

Sorry. :makeout :lol

mattyc
04-25-2007, 08:54 PM
I'd personally be more pissed if we lost, but hey - that's just me.

E20
04-25-2007, 08:56 PM
Can't we all get along? It's teh playoffs, gotta stay as a unit. Fuck the fuggets they suck.

T Park
04-25-2007, 08:57 PM
I see where amused is coming from, in losing the lead and letting it get down to I think 4.

But, you have to remember, when youve got a dynamic offense like Denver, and AI and Melo, that shits gonna happen.

Just pray they dont have another game 1 the next three games.

Amuseddaysleeper
04-25-2007, 08:58 PM
I see where amused is coming from, in losing the lead and letting it get down to I think 4.

But, you have to remember, when youve got a dynamic offense like Denver, and AI and Melo, that shits gonna happen.

thank you T Park, I think I just worded this topic very poorly.

And you were right, a lot of us thought it would be over in 5, but you kept warning us not to take the Nuggs too lightly.

ATXSPUR
04-25-2007, 08:59 PM
I thought we won?

Phonzie20
04-25-2007, 08:59 PM
we made a push. It was possible. You staved by good shots (timmy).

I wouldn't exactly be pissed if I was a Spur fan unless you are disrespecting us as a competitor. Is that what's going on?

Phonzie20
04-25-2007, 09:00 PM

thank you T.

Amuseddaysleeper
04-25-2007, 09:00 PM
we made a push. It was possible. You staved by good shots (timmy).

I wouldn't exactly be pissed if I was a Spur fan unless you are disrespecting us as a competitor. Is that what's going on?

maybe
:oops

yeah i guess "pissed" was too strong of a word

Phonzie20
04-25-2007, 09:03 PM
maybe
:oops

yeah i guess "pissed" was too strong of a word

you guys have quite a track record when it comes to winning so I can understand such a thought BUT... You guys aren't exactly young pups anymore. remember that.

easjer
04-25-2007, 09:05 PM
Well, one would hope that the Spurs would stop their slide sometime before 6 points down. Somewhere around 10 points up is where I got really nervous because they were clearly not making their shots. I'm glad they stayed calm- I was fucking losing it. Way too close for comfort.

But that's something I trust they can fix.

Can't fix AI's crazy shots or many of Melo's 3s. Can fix whether or not we let them get them for free or whether we answer on our end. Hopefully that moves a lot better in Denver.

ShoogarBear
04-25-2007, 09:07 PM
Denver is a good team, but the take-home message from games 1 and 2 is that unless BOTH Carmelo and AI are having great games, they're going to be in trouble.

Amuseddaysleeper
04-25-2007, 09:08 PM
Denver is a good team, but the take-home message from games 1 and 2 is that unless BOTH Carmelo and AI are having great games, they're going to be in trouble.

good point, they're great players, but they both need to score 30+ on a nightly basis to stay a step ahead

T Park
Thats the thing about a veteran laden team.

A younger team in that situation would've gone to shit.

Props to the Spurs for holding it together.

This isn't IMO one of those games were you say "Man this is a setback"

Cause the playoffs are sucha different animal.

IMO, the Spurs are gonna have to win the next three, like they did today. Grit, friggen toughness.

It would be nice if Duncan brought some more points, especially more rebounds.

Im of the opinion, win this series, get the hell out of it, and get to a series easier on the damn heart with Phoenix.

There you can run an offense perfect, not worry about defensive pressure, and just worry about putting a hand in the defenders face and forcing bad shots :lol

Budkin
hey, i said i'd take the win, and maybe the thread title is ridiculous, but you can't tell me you're not concerned with how the team is playing at home. the road is gonna be much tougher, but like i said before, at least they tend to focus more on the road

Yes I'm actually much more confident in this team on the road. I think we've got a decent chance of taking both in Denver.

Budkin
04-25-2007, 09:09 PM
Thats the thing about a veteran laden team.

A younger team in that situation would've gone to shit.

Props to the Spurs for holding it together.

This isn't IMO one of those games were you say "Man this is a setback"

Cause the playoffs are sucha different animal.

IMO, the Spurs are gonna have to win the next three, like they did today. Grit, friggen toughness.

It would be nice if Duncan brought some more points, especially more rebounds.

Im of the opinion, win this series, get the hell out of it, and get to a series easier on the damn heart with Phoenix.

There you can run an offense perfect, not worry about defensive pressure, and just worry about putting a hand in the defenders face and forcing bad shots :lol

:lol So true about Phoenix T-Park.

Phonzie20
04-25-2007, 09:09 PM

oh I wouldn't say that. LK and JR has shown to blow up 'IF' they get hot before.

eddie sucked today but he's usually consistent for us. Nene didn't really have a great game for us tonight either.

Basically we sucked across the board tonight.

easjer
04-25-2007, 09:13 PM
So much word about Pheonix and easier on the heart. I thought I'd go work out after the game, but between my racing heart and my up and down and pacing, I think I'm good.

ManuTim_best of Fwiendz
04-25-2007, 09:30 PM
I know the Spurs can play even better than today, so I'm happy with the win today.

L.I.T
04-25-2007, 09:30 PM
Gawdammit, lets just give the Nuggets some credit, they've improved enough since 2005 to give the Spurs some major push, good for them. At least when the Nuggets go home at the end of the series they can hold their heads up high, unlike last time.

The fact is, though, the Spurs still haven't come out and thrown their best punch for 48 minutes. We saw tonight, in spurts, what happens when they play somewhere close to their ceiling.

Phonzie20
04-25-2007, 09:34 PM
Gawdammit, lets just give the Nuggets some credit, they've improved enough since 2005 to give the Spurs some major push, good for them. At least when the Nuggets go home at the end of the series they can hold their heads up high, unlike last time.

The fact is, though, the Spurs still haven't come out and thrown their best punch for 48 minutes. We saw tonight, in spurts, what happens when they play somewhere close to their ceiling.

thank you. I feel we are over matched but have the ability to upset.

we haven't played our best either. don't talk about Game 1's AI/Melo 61 pts wither. Our bench was non-existent. We saw in reg season that JR/LK and blake can go off. Just hasn't happened yet.

Here's to a fun series.

tlongII
04-25-2007, 09:38 PM

I disagree. Neither one played particularly well tonight and they were in the game at the end. The Nuggets just missed waaaay too many layups in the first 3 quarters. I don't see a blowout happening in any game of this series.

tlongII
04-25-2007, 09:41 PM
The problem the Nuggets present is that they can shut down the Spurs inside game. Duncan is not going to dominate this series. That puts a lot of pressure on SA's perimeter players to knock down shots.

ManuTim_best of Fwiendz
04-25-2007, 09:46 PM
I disagree. Neither one played particularly well tonight and they were in the game at the end. The Nuggets just missed waaaay too many layups in the first 3 quarters. I don't see a blowout happening in any game of this series.
We played good D, simple as that. Anyway the blown lead was more the Spurs slacking off in a stretch in the fourth ,and AI doing his one man heroics..

that said, Shoogarbear is right, the fact that we played so Shitty in game 1 from our big three, and were still RIGHT there, negates whatever you're pointing out.

AI and Melo will get there's as long as they're blowing the rest of their teammates shots in the process, because of the Spurs D, then I feel good about this being a well-controlled series, a very hard one, but a confident one.

ShoogarBear
04-25-2007, 09:47 PM
I disagree. Neither one played particularly well tonight and they were in the game at the end. The Nuggets just missed waaaay too many layups in the first 3 quarters. I don't see a blowout happening in any game of this series.Uh, the only reason they were in the game at the end was because AI and Carmelo went crazy in the fourth.

And that's most likely the only way they're ever going to win.

T Park
04-25-2007, 09:48 PM
LK and JR has shown to blow up 'IF' they get hot before

I speak on behalf of the Spurs by saying

Please, let those two take shots from Melo and AI.

NBA Junkie
04-25-2007, 09:51 PM

No different than the many lay-ups the Spurs missed in game 1.

The Nugget's late push will only make the Spurs all that more focused headed to Denver. It wouldn't surprise me if the Spurs win two tough games in Denver. They seem to play that way when it isn't expected.

One more thing- Spurswoman is friggin' hot!

picnroll
04-25-2007, 09:54 PM
Manu has to pick it up or it's anybody's series. Coming out of the West is going to be a bitch.

florige
04-25-2007, 09:55 PM
a bad stretch that nearly cost them the game.

yes, at the end of the day, it's awesome we got the win, but a bit unraveling that it came down to what it did.

There is absolutely no reason for this series to go 7, not for a team trying to win a championship. Hopefully we can end this in 6

I would probably agree with you if Iverson weren't there. Denver is ALOT better than their record indicates. Now if it were LA or something I would be like c'mon guys, this is really only a one man team, but Denver if in the East would more than likely be a 2 seed. While I don't share your same sentiment on being more pissed than in game 1, I do always wonder how we manage to squander even the biggest leads. But like I said, with the savvyness of Iverson, and the 2nd leading scorer in Anthony I'm not surprised that they are able to put up quick numbers, If anything I am dissapointed in our total lack of offensive execution during those periods. Oh yeah and PS: that play with Duncan matched up one on one with Nene was priceless!! Once I saw that great move which should have been a and 1, I was like yeah, this game is ours.

Amuseddaysleeper
04-25-2007, 09:56 PM
I would probably agree with you if Iverson weren't there. Denver is ALOT better than their record indicates. Now if it were LA or something I would be like c'mon guys, this is really only a one man team, but Denver if in the East would more than likely be a 2 seed. While I don't share your same sentiment on being more pissed than in game 1, I do always wonder how we manage to squander even the biggest leads. But like I said, with the savvyness of Iverson, and the 2nd leading scorer in Anthony I'm not surprised that they are able to put up quick numbers, If anything I am dissapointed in our total lack of offensive execution during those periods. Oh yeah and PS: that play with Duncan matched up one on one with Nene was priceless!! Once I saw that great move which should have been a and 1, I was like yeah, this game is ours.

good post

florige
04-25-2007, 09:59 PM
oh I wouldn't say that. LK and JR has shown to blow up 'IF' they get hot before.

eddie sucked today but he's usually consistent for us. Nene didn't really have a great game for us tonight either.

Basically we sucked across the board tonight.

Did Nene have like 17 points and 10 boards??

Phonzie20
04-25-2007, 10:01 PM
Did Nene have like 17 points and 10 boards??

really? wow.

but even so. after the fact.

T Park
04-25-2007, 10:02 PM
Nene tonight had 15 and 7.

Phonzie20
04-25-2007, 10:02 PM
I speak on behalf of the Spurs by saying

Please, let those two take shots from Melo and AI.

be careful man.

florige
04-25-2007, 10:06 PM
really? wow.

but even so. after the fact.

I think someone else said 15 and 7, thats still good numbers by him though. We have got to do a better job containing him.

Phonzie20
04-25-2007, 10:13 PM
I think someone else said 15 and 7, thats still good numbers by him though. We have got to do a better job containing him.

yeah good numbers. I didn't know he did that good.

tlongII
04-25-2007, 10:43 PM
Uh, the only reason they were in the game at the end was because AI and Carmelo went crazy in the fourth.

And that's most likely the only way they're ever going to win.

Dude, they were a combined 17 for 46 for the game. 37%. If that's a good game I would hate to see what you consider a bad game.

Phonzie20
04-25-2007, 10:46 PM
Dude, they were a combined 17 for 46 for the game. 37%. If that's a good game I would hate to see what you consider a bad game.

wErf!