PDA

View Full Version : George Karl is a Wuss and so are all Nugget fans

Man of Steel
04-25-2007, 09:19 PM
Listening to this man whine and cry in his post-game press conference was so tough--give the man a box of hankies, a pacifier.

You fucking Nugget trolls who have been yapping your shit all week at us--you have the job of changing Karl's diaper--he shit all over himself.

The one things you pricks need to learn--

If you get beat--accept it and move on. Having your coach complain about the refs is so outdated--even the Zen Master hardly does it anymore and that asshole invented the shit.

I do admit--the Nuggets showed a lot of heart in battling back from a 17-point deficit.

It made it that much more fun to squash them in the balls the last minute.

In case you missed it--I am pissed off at the bullshit these fucking Denver assholes have been subjecting us to for the past few days.

SO let me be the first to say--

FUCK YOU, LOSERS!

E20
04-25-2007, 09:20 PM
What were the fart knockers exact words?

Phonzie20
04-25-2007, 09:22 PM
Listening to this man whine and cry in his post-game press conference was so tough--give the man a box of hankies, a pacifier.

You fucking Nugget trolls who have been yapping your shit all week at us--you have the job of changing Karl's diaper--he shit all over himself.

If you get beat--accept it and move on. Having your coach complain about the refs is so outdated--even the Zen Master hardly does it anymore and that asshole invented the shit.

I do admit--the Nuggets showed a lot of heart in battling back from a 17-point deficit.

In case you missed it--I am pissed off at the bullshit these fucking Denver assholes have been subjecting us to for the past few days.

FUCK YOU, LOSERS!

Damn. what is your problem?

drinking maybe?

Man of Steel
04-25-2007, 09:22 PM
I'll post the transcript when I find it--I heard him complain that AI does not get the same calls from the refs that Parker does--that Bruce Bowen was allowed to beat up Melo...etc.

Man of Steel
04-25-2007, 09:24 PM
Damn. what is your problem?

drinking maybe?

Drunk as hell and I love it...

Phonzie20
I'll post the transcript when I find it--I heard him complain that AI does not get the same calls from the refs that Parker does--that Bruce Bowen was allowed to beat up Melo...etc.

dude. don't even try that. you guys got the calls per usual tonight.

if I can count how many walks and other bad calls I saw in the spurs favor I'd have eleventy billion.

Phonzie20

i'm getting there ;)

Cara De Dedão
04-25-2007, 09:27 PM

FUCK YOU, LOSERS!

You have 99 posts on this board... Probably 20 of them posting teenage babbling crap like this...

You're still not one of the "us" on this board you said us "trolls" are offending...

Get a life, kid.

easjer
04-25-2007, 09:28 PM
Dude. Simmer down. It's only going to get worse if we win this series. The Nugget trolls are actually generally nice guys who at least contribute to many discussions and are willing to offer the alternate point of view.

Some of the best posters on this site started out as fans of opposing teams and trolls.

These guys are ok. Rag on Karl all you want, but otherwise, take a breath and learn to skim past the posts you don't like.

Cara De Dedão
04-25-2007, 09:28 PM

On what? Non fat milk? Go to your bed, kid... It's a school night.

Carrot Top
04-25-2007, 09:30 PM

:nerd

Phonzie20
04-25-2007, 09:30 PM
Dude. Simmer down. It's only going to get worse if we win this series. The Nugget trolls are actually generally nice guys who at least contribute to many discussions and are willing to offer the alternate point of view.

Some of the best posters on this site started out as fans of opposing teams and trolls.

These guys are ok. Rag on Karl all you want, but otherwise, take a breath and learn to skim past the posts you don't like.

Yeah I mean no ill will as most of us from NT. We all give the Spurs respect (have to). We are just here for some ribbing as we do round 1. that's all.

Phonzie20
04-25-2007, 09:31 PM
On what? Non fat milk? Go to your bed, kid... It's a school night.

I agree that Man of steel ~teehee~ is a bout 12

td4mvp21

if I can count how many walks and other bad calls I saw in the spurs favor I'd have eleventy billion.
Good, it's called home court advantage bitch. The Nuggets will get the same treatment too so don't get your panties in a wad.

ThomasGranger

This game can't be pinned on the officiating. And, for whatever it's worth, the Nuggets did get some key calls in those last few minutes. The ones that stand out to me are the foul that was called on Tony when he came back from the baseline
to knock the ball away from Blake. Then, when Manu chased down a steal from Blake on the other end he got elbowed out of bounds but there was no whistle.

And Nene clearly had his arms wrapped around Tim when he made that short turnaround bank shot towards the end (even Barkley called that one).

Cara De Dedão
04-25-2007, 09:33 PM
This game can't be pinned on the officiated. And, for whatever it's worth, the Nuggets did some key calls in those last few minutes. The ones that stand out to me are the foul that was called on Tony when he came back from the baseline
to knock the ball away from Blake. Then, when chased down a steal from Blake on the other end he got elbowed out of bounds but there was no whistle.

And Nene clearly had his arms wrapped around Tim when he made that short turnaround bank shot towards the end (even Barkley called that one).

Well that one should cancel out the clean-all-ball-block Nenê had on Timmay that they ruled a shooting foul ealier in the game.

Aggie Hoopsfan
04-25-2007, 09:34 PM

So what, it'd even out with the calls in game 1.

Quit your fucking crying. Or more aptly, Karl needs to quit his fucking crying.

Knowing how the NBA works though, you'll be in the two shot bonus about 3 minutes to game 3. Yay for crying.

nkdlunch
04-25-2007, 09:34 PM

FUCK YOU, LOSERS!

what did the fat fuck say?

that was all AI

ShoogarBear
04-25-2007, 09:36 PM
Hmm, not one peep from anybody about the officiating in game one.

But the Nuggies lose and suddenly the ref bitching starts.

Phonzie20
04-25-2007, 09:37 PM

Knowing how the NBA works though, you'll be in the two shot bonus about 3 minutes to game 3. Yay for crying.

Nah. I wouldn't cry about it. just making a statement. We lost. fact.

Phonzie20
04-25-2007, 09:38 PM
Good, it's called home court advantage bitch.

no we won't. It's the spurs.

Stern wants this.

mullet
04-25-2007, 09:39 PM
its been a well officiated series so far. especially this game. they let them play

Budkin
What did you guys expect... that's all Dough-boy Georgie does when he loses. It'll get a lot worse when we win in Denver, watch.

Phonzie20
Hmm, not one peep from anybody about the officiating in game one.

But the Nuggies lose and suddenly the ref bitching starts.

dude. I agree a few calls went our way in game 1 but we one because of shots falling.

This one was a bit diff. Oh why am I arguing on an enemy board? You guys won.

1-1

Let's do sat ;)

my2sons
04-25-2007, 09:40 PM
i'm getting there ;)
22 free throws to 17 free throws
game 1 25 free throw for the thuggets to 10 in our house ....don't bring that weak whine here

Phonzie20
04-25-2007, 09:40 PM
What did you guys expect... that's all Dough-boy Georgie does when he loses. It'll get a lot worse when we win in Denver, watch.

You have issues.

Should I talk about Pop's pot-face?

Phonzie20
04-25-2007, 09:41 PM
22 free throws to 17 free throws
game 1 25 free throw for the thuggets to 10 in our house ....don't bring that weak whine here

I never understood why we got the Thugget label. If anything you got the greatest thugget in Eason.

cornbread
04-25-2007, 09:46 PM

Stern wants this.

Stern always wants the notoriously boring and low ratings producing team to win the series. It's good for business.

I hope you're being sarcastic. I am.

SpursWoman
04-25-2007, 09:50 PM
What does any of Karl's yapping have to do with Nugget fans? :wtf

ThomasGranger
04-25-2007, 09:50 PM

Stern wants this.

Now that's rich. I'm sure Stern is just drooling over the prospect of a "dull" small market team like the Spurs hogging up all that TV time in the playoffs.

T Park
04-25-2007, 09:53 PM
What exactly did he say, does anyone have the darn transcripts?

Phonzie20
04-25-2007, 09:55 PM
What exactly did he say, does anyone have the darn transcripts?

Hell even I don't know but I bet it is being blown out of proportion by a drunk ST member.

T Park
04-25-2007, 09:56 PM
no down here on the postgame show apparently he was whining about the crying and whining.

Apparently it was some hardcore bitching.

Phonzie20
04-25-2007, 09:56 PM
Now that's rich. I'm sure Stern is just drooling over the prospect of a "dull" small market team like the Spurs hogging up all that TV time in the playoffs.

ok touche.

not buying that though. sorry. I don't think stern like the 'cornrow' look. Too thuggish.

Phonzie20
04-25-2007, 09:57 PM
no down here on the postgame show apparently he was whining about the crying and whining.

I didn't see it.

T Park
04-25-2007, 09:58 PM
Apparently he whined that AI isn't getting any calls.

If thats true, where are the friggen fouls for beating up on Tim Duncan?

Nene is allowed to manhandle the fuck out of Tim and theres NOTHING.

Tek_XX
04-25-2007, 10:05 PM
We all knew that George Karl is a whiner, nothing new here.

Phonzie20
04-25-2007, 10:07 PM
Apparently he whined that AI isn't getting any calls.

If thats true, where are the friggen fouls for beating up on Tim Duncan?

Nene is allowed to manhandle the fuck out of Tim and theres NOTHING.

Ok T I am going to have to disagree with you here. We must be wearing diff glasses.

We got robbed as the flopper(s) got their calls today.

Phonzie20
04-25-2007, 10:08 PM

we DID get robbed of some calls.

nkdlunch
04-25-2007, 10:09 PM

I am not surprised. comeon. it's fucking george karl.

nkdlunch
04-25-2007, 10:10 PM
yup, even barkley was saying, where are the fould on DUncan...

"they gonna have to break his neck for him to get a foul call..."

Phonzie20
I am not surprised. comeon. it's fucking george karl.

why are you guys so concerned about what a coach says? Doesn't it go down on the court?

mullet
duncan is getting fouled A LOT. but im willing to overlook that cause they are letting them play aggressively. i'd rather have it that way, as long as its on both sides

jackiel1219
04-25-2007, 10:11 PM
Karl said that it was incredible that AI took 25 shoots and didn't go to the line

Phonzie20
04-25-2007, 10:12 PM
yup, even barkley was saying, where are the fould on DUncan...

"they gonna have to break his neck for him to get a foul call..."

gimme a break

Phonzie20
Karl said that it was incredible that AI took 25 shoots and didn't go to the line

well it's true.

nkdlunch
gimme a break

for what?

Barkley was right.

you gimme a break.

Phonzie20
04-25-2007, 10:14 PM
for what?

Barkley was right.

you gimme a break.

You listen to Chuck? lol

cambrad
04-25-2007, 10:16 PM
Every coach in the league complains about officiating. Most every player complains about officiating. If you don't understand the political part of the NBA you're an idiot.

Quiet Strength
04-25-2007, 10:16 PM
The refs let both teams play hard and there were alot of missed calls both ways. So far its been a good series with each team deserving their win. No excuses... denver deserved their win for game 1 and the spurs deserved theirs for game 2. If Karl wants to complain about the refs then let him... thats his problem. There are alot of people that dont know how to lose and think that crying will change it.

planaria
04-25-2007, 10:17 PM

Well, I cant remember a single image from Pop in this game where he wasnt whining about something with the refs.

So, we´re tied here. ;)

That said, you played better than us tonight and deserved the win. I really cant understand the attacks to the fans... :toast

Phonzie20
04-25-2007, 10:18 PM
touche guys. touche.

FromWayDowntown
04-25-2007, 10:19 PM
I think anyone who complains about officiating and is willing to blame a loss on officiating is out of line.

With that said, I didn't notice that the calls were excessively in favor of either team tonight. The Nuggets got several favorable no calls -- for instance, the call on Parker for denying Blake access to the ball in the 4th on a fast break was called against the Spurs, while a similar play when Ginobili knocked the ball away and was blocked out by Blake a few possessions later wasn't called against Denver; virtually identical plays, but the better whistle went to the Nuggets, I thought. Tim got some calls, but so did Melo and Iverson, particularly in the 3rd quarter. Several times, Anthony got his forearm or elbow into Bowen, but Bowen was called for blocks.

It all evened out.

cambrad
04-25-2007, 10:21 PM
duncan is getting fouled A LOT. but im willing to overlook that cause they are letting them play aggressively. i'd rather have it that way, as long as its on both sides

FYI, it's not a foul if Duncan tries to post up Nene and is unable to gain any ground. It just means that Nene is one of the stronger post defenders that Duncan has met.

Phonzie20
04-25-2007, 10:22 PM
The refs let both teams play hard and there were alot of missed calls both ways. So far its been a good series with each team deserving their win. No excuses... denver deserved their win for game 1 and the spurs deserved theirs for game 2. If Karl wants to complain about the refs then let him... thats his problem. There are alot of people that dont know how to lose and think that crying will change it.

alot more in game 2 than 1 man

nkdlunch
04-25-2007, 10:24 PM
Well, I cant remember a single image from Pop in this game where he wasnt whining about something with the refs.

the difference is, fat ass Karl whines in the post game conference.

Pop doesn't. I dare you to show me where Pop whined in the post game conference.

that's right!

cornbread
04-25-2007, 10:25 PM
Have you tried ginko biloba? I've heard good things.

planaria
What about the Crawford game?

Rogbok
Let me see here, this game had a 19 to 16 fouls and 23 to 17 fta for the nuggets versus the Spurs respectively where as game 1 was 13 to 20 and 25 to 10 fta. You also have to take into account in both games, there were a couple of intentional fouls down the stretch so game 2 was likely very close to be even where as game 1 was not.

No Karl's biggest statement was that he cannot see how AI can shoot 25 times and not get a free throw. Game 1 Manu had 15 shots and no FTA, duncan had 17 shots and 2 FTA, and Parker had 20 shots and only 4 FTA. He stated that AI does not get that bump foul driving to the lane that so many players get like Parker for instance along with Kevin Martin. He may have mentioned a player or 2 more, I do not remember right. He also said that we were very physical with Anthony, though he did have 9 FTA.

Now, if Karl really pays attention, then he would know that parker often does not get calls. He only averages 4.5 FTA this past season and for as often as he is in the lane, you would think it would be higher than that with the way Karl was talking.

So what he said was not really all that over board, but he does have the rep of calling the ref card, especially in the playoffs. I personally wish that he and all other coaches and players would just leave the ref card out of it unless it is so obvious, which in this game it was not as there was easily blown calls on both sides and for the most part the refs just let them play.

In the end, it is just Karl trying to play the refs and try and get some potential questionable calls to go his way in future games. In some respects, I wonder if the league will determine that Karl should be fined for in essence calling out the refs in the media.

planaria
04-25-2007, 10:27 PM
Have you tried ginko biloba? I've heard good things.

Ginko Biloba r0x!

Phonzie20
04-25-2007, 10:30 PM
the difference is, fat ass Karl whines in the post game conference.

Pop doesn't. I dare you to show me where Pop whined in the post game conference.

that's right!

and that affects the game how?

get over it pussy

FromWayDowntown
04-25-2007, 10:32 PM
and that affects the game how?

get over it pussy

Well, it affects the game in terms of which coach leaves it on the floor and which coach is willing to call officials out in the media. I still think it's unseemly to complain about officiating in the media.

And Popovich never, ever, ever does that.

Phonzie20
04-25-2007, 10:34 PM
Well, it affects the game in terms of which coach leaves it on the floor and which coach is willing to call officials out in the media. I still think it's unseemly to complain about officiating in the media.

And Popovich never, ever, ever does that.

I really don't see it as that much an issue but whatever makes you fans sleep better.

FromWayDowntown
04-25-2007, 10:35 PM
I really don't see it as that much an issue but whatever makes you fans sleep better.

I'm sure you don't. I personally think it's weak to complain about officiating. You might not. Furious George obviously disagrees with me as well. Perhaps it's a Denver thing.

I'm just glad that the coach of my team never complains publicly about officiating.

Phonzie20
04-25-2007, 10:36 PM
and what the fuck is that AV anyway nkdlunch ?

and what is that screen name as well?

fucking gay to me.

Phonzie20
04-25-2007, 10:37 PM
I'm sure you don't. I personally think it's weak to complain about officiating. You might not. Furious George obviously disagrees with me as well. Perhaps it's a Denver thing.

I'm just glad that the coach of my team never complains publicly about officiating.

It's just talk man. Game is played on the court. Don't read too much into it like nkdlunch. wtf screen?

florige
04-25-2007, 10:37 PM

lol!!! :drunk

Phonzie20
04-25-2007, 10:38 PM
lol!!! :drunk

never liked that show. too hick for me. :av:

FromWayDowntown
04-25-2007, 10:39 PM
It's just talk man. Game is played on the court. Don't read too much into it like nkdlunch. wtf screen?

It's just talk; but it disrespects the opponent and the game, I think.

Trying to work officials between games is bullshit.

Win it on the court or don't.

Phonzie20
04-25-2007, 10:40 PM
It's just talk; but it disrespects the opponent and the game, I think.

Trying to work officials between games is bullshit.

Win it on the court or don't.

Officials are already in your back pocket. Don't worry :o

Rogbok
04-25-2007, 10:40 PM

Well, it may just be talk, but the talk about officiating to the media is something the NBA (Stern) does not want. Thus the various fines for players and coaches who have done it in the past. I do not know if this would go to the level that the league would do anything about, but it is possible.

It is also not meant to effect this game, it is meant to try and sway the officials in future games.

Also, if you really do not know where the term thuggets came from, then you must not remember the thuggish tactics used back in 2005.

FromWayDowntown
04-25-2007, 10:41 PM
Officials are already in your back pocket. Don't worry :o

Yeah, 25-10 in Game 1 definitely proved that.

Good call.

Phonzie20
04-25-2007, 10:42 PM
Well, it may just be talk, but the talk about officiating to the media is something the NBA (Stern) does not want. Thus the various fines for players and coaches who have done it in the past. I do not know if this would go to the level that the league would do anything about, but it is possible.

It is also not meant to effect this game, it is meant to try and sway the officials in future games.

Also, if you really do not know where the term thuggets came from, then you must not remember the thuggish tactics used back in 2005.

Nope. i don't believe that. Stern wants us to fail.

florige
04-25-2007, 10:43 PM
never liked that show. too hick for me. :av:

Aw C'mon Man.. King of the Hill, Simpsons, Family Guy... My favorite show is 24, I just couldn't find a Jack Bauer avatar small enough. I live in Baltimore by the way, so the Avatar is not a hometown thing. lol

Phonzie20
04-25-2007, 10:43 PM
Yeah, 25-10 in Game 1 definitely proved that.

Good call.

we got one. You think we are going to advance without their help?

Phonzie20
04-25-2007, 10:44 PM
Aw C'mon Man.. King of the Hill, Simpsons, Family Guy... My favorite show is 24, I just couldn't find a Jack Bauer avatar small enough.

Jack and Nadia... I wear a nadia Av on NT

Kevin Blackistone
dude. I agree a few calls went our way in game 1 but we one because of shots falling.

This one was a bit diff. Oh why am I arguing on an enemy board? You guys won.

1-1

Let's do sat ;)

Are you blind? The calls were as even as I've seen in an NBA game in a while. Both teams were allowed a little contact at the rim, as it should be. If touch fouls were called like you want - TD, TP, and many other Spurs would have deserved a ton more free throws as well. For what it's worth, the officiating in game 1 was very good as well. It's been well done this series, and these zebras deserve a lot of credit. Karl is just a whiny bitch, he is trying to take a job well done by the officials and tarnish it. That's wrong.

T Park
:lol

WTF?

FromWayDowntown
04-25-2007, 10:45 PM
we got one. You think we are going to advance without their help?

Wait -- I thought you just said the Spurs have the officials in their back pocket. Now you're saying the Nuggets have no chance to advance unless the officials help them out, which would suggest that the Nuggets aren't good enough to win without a bit of extra help from the officials.

Which is it?

T Park
04-25-2007, 10:45 PM
I can't believe Nugget fan is playin the ref card....

florige
04-25-2007, 10:47 PM
Jack and Nadia... I wear a nadia Av on NT

Oh my goodness that woman is freakin hot!! Don't worry her and Doyle will be an item before it's all said and done. (ooops wrong board for that) lol

Phonzie20
04-25-2007, 10:48 PM
Are you blind?
nope sorry. we got raped. you got the calls all game

Phonzie20
04-25-2007, 10:49 PM
I can't believe Nugget fan is playin the ref card....

I saw a manu flop and I KNOw you have heard of this phenomena before.

I saw it.

FromWayDowntown
04-25-2007, 10:51 PM

I saw it.

I saw Iverson flop on meaningless contact in the early 3rd and somehow, he was able to pick up a foul on a guy who has more MVP's than he does.

Kevin Blackistone
04-25-2007, 10:51 PM
nope sorry. we got raped. you got the calls all game

You're nothing but a troll and as such have lost any of my respect. Your posts are nothing more than trash and should/will be ignored.

Phonzie20
04-25-2007, 10:52 PM
I saw Iverson flop on meaningless contact in the early 3rd and somehow, he was able to pick up a foul on a guy who has more MVP's than he does.

with the same frequency? I saw him get robbed most part of the game. But anything SA. that's a foul.

Not buying.

Quiet Strength
04-25-2007, 10:53 PM
Yeah Iverson likes to jerk his head back to get a foul called.. alot of players do that actually

Phonzie20
04-25-2007, 10:53 PM
You're nothing but a troll and as such have lost any of my respect. Your posts are nothing more than trash and should/will be ignored.

you can say what you want man. I have now ignored you.

Good luck in game 3.

FromWayDowntown
04-25-2007, 10:55 PM
with the same frequency? I saw him get robbed most part of the game. But anything SA. that's a foul.

Not buying.

Manu might have drawn a foul on a flop once tonight -- though the replay seemed to show that he got fouled.

You'd have thought Duncan shot Iverson dead on the spot with the way AI reacted to meaningless contact.

Fortunately, even if Denver is able to get Game 1 treatment all over again in Game 3, Pop won't say anything about it. It's one of the things that I love about Gregg Popovich -- he actually respects the opponent and the game.

Phonzie20
04-25-2007, 10:55 PM
Yeah Iverson likes to jerk his head back to get a foul called.. alot of players do that actually

not as bad as Manu

Phonzie20
04-25-2007, 10:56 PM
Manu might have drawn a foul on a flop once tonight -- though the replay seemed to show that he got fouled.

You'd have thought Duncan shot Iverson dead on the spot with the way AI reacted to meaningless contact.

Fortunately, even if Denver is able to get Game 1 treatment all over again in Game 3, Pop won't say anything about it. It's one of the things that I love about Gregg Popovich -- he actually respects the opponent and the game.

i never bagged on Pop but the bias was apparent.

Quiet Strength
Manu doing that is old news.. maybe he does that every once in a while but he doesnt really do that anymore. Iverson does it like 15 times a game.

ThomasGranger

Who hasn't? That's all Karl could talk about during the 05 series. But just out of curiosity, which play are you talking about--the one where Manu got popped in the face while driving to the basket?

planaria

http://us.i1.yimg.com/us.yimg.com/p/sp/getty/28/fullj.getty-73920285rm020_denver_nugget_10_32_44_pm.jpg

PRIIIIIIIIIIIIIII...oh wait!

FromWayDowntown
04-25-2007, 10:57 PM
i never bagged on Pop but the bias was apparent.

And in Game 1?

FromWayDowntown
04-25-2007, 10:57 PM
http://us.i1.yimg.com/us.yimg.com/p/sp/getty/28/fullj.getty-73920285rm020_denver_nugget_10_32_44_pm.jpg

PRIIIIIIIIIIIIIII...oh wait!

So a shooter leaning into a defender shoud be entitled to a call?

I guess the Principle of Verticality is dead.

Phonzie20
04-25-2007, 10:58 PM
And in Game 1?

we sunk our shots. i didn't saw few bad calls. see? you are doing what I'm doing.

planaria
04-25-2007, 10:59 PM
So a shooter leaning into a defender shoud be entitled to a call?

I guess the Principle of Verticality is dead.

The Principle of Verticality lifes when you are on the floor.

FromWayDowntown
04-25-2007, 11:00 PM
we sunk our shots. i didn't saw few bad calls. see? you are doing what I'm doing.

I'm not. The Spurs lost game 1 because they didn't make shots. But if you're going to complain about officiating in Game 2 going in favor of the Spurs, I'm not sure that you can do so consistently without admitting that the officiating in Game 1 went in the Nuggets favor.

Of course, I'm not the one defending my team's coach bitching about officiating in a public forum, either.

FromWayDowntown
04-25-2007, 11:01 PM

So a shooter who leaves the floor and leans into a defender is entitled to a call?

Kevin Blackistone
04-25-2007, 11:01 PM

No, it doesn't. It also applies to jumping - as long as you stay vertical and do not initiate contact you cannot commit a foul.

planaria
04-25-2007, 11:02 PM
Hey guy, you´re playing the "Karl is a whiner" card!

FromWayDowntown
04-25-2007, 11:02 PM
Hey guy, you´re playing the "Karl is a whiner" card!

I'm not the one complaining that Iverson was entitled to a call for leaning into Parker.

Phonzie20
04-25-2007, 11:03 PM
I'm not. The Spurs lost game 1 because they didn't make shots. But if you're going to complain about officiating in Game 2 going in favor of the Spurs, I'm not sure that you can do so consistently without admitting that the officiating in Game 1 went in the Nuggets favor.

Of course, I'm not the one defending my team's coach bitching about officiating in a public forum, either.

the officiating sealed our fate. but I will admit we could sink shit.

Spurs16212
04-25-2007, 11:03 PM
If we got all the calls.... then I guess the refs were blind when Carmelo and AI were using their forearms all night to create space for their shots. They missed numerous travels as well... Don't complain to us about the officiating...

FromWayDowntown
04-25-2007, 11:04 PM
the officiating sealed our fate. but I will admit we could sink shit.

It's good to know that the Spurs had nothing whatsoever do to with the Nuggets fate tonight.

Phonzie20
04-25-2007, 11:04 PM
If we got all the calls.... then I guess the refs were blind when Carmelo and AI were using their forearms all night to create space for their shots. They missed numerous travels as well... Don't complain to us about the officiating...

I called a manu travel of 6 steps by manu tonight?

Didn't get called.

jaespur21
04-25-2007, 11:05 PM
:king WORD~

Phonzie20
04-25-2007, 11:05 PM
It's good to know that the Spurs had nothing whatsoever do to with the Nuggets fate tonight.

It really wasn't. It was our fault. Just saying the ref's are starting to play. and that's not good.

FromWayDowntown
04-25-2007, 11:06 PM
It really wasn't. It was our fault. Just saying the ref's are starting to play. and that's not good.

:tu. Scapegoating is a solid strategy.

jaespur21
04-25-2007, 11:07 PM
:stfu
I called a manu travel of 6 steps by manu tonight?

Didn't get called.

planaria
04-25-2007, 11:08 PM
So a shooter who leaves the floor and leans into a defender is entitled to a call?

2. Guarding an Opponent
In all guarding situations, a player is entitled to any spot on the court he desires, provided he legally gets to that spot first and without contact with an opponent. If a defensive or offensive player has established a position on the floor and his opponent initiates contact that results in the dislodging of the opponent, a foul should be called IMMEDIATELY.

During all throw-ins, the defensive player(s) must be allowed to take a position between his man and the basket.

A player may continue to move after gaining a guarding position in the path of an opponent provided he is not moving directly or obliquely toward his opponent when contact occurs. A player is never permitted to move into the path of an opponent after the opponent has jumped into the air.

A player who extends a hand, forearm, shoulder, hip or leg into the path of an opponent and thereby causes contact is not considered to have a legal position in the path of an opponent.

A player is entitled to a vertical position even to the extent of holding his arms above his shoulders, as in post play or when double-teaming in pressing tactics.

Any player who conforms to the above is absolved from responsibility for any contact by an opponent which may dislodge or tend to dislodge such player from the position which he has attained and is maintaining legally. If contact occurs, the official must decide whether the contact is incidental or a foul has been committed.

http://www.nba.com/analysis/rules_a.html?nav=ArticleList

planaria
04-25-2007, 11:09 PM
I'm not the one complaining that Iverson was entitled to a call for leaning into Parker.

Did I create a topic to do it?

FromWayDowntown
04-25-2007, 11:10 PM
http://www.nba.com/analysis/rules_a.html?nav=ArticleList

So Parker, leaning backwards while Iverson leaned into him, should have been called for a foul? Curious that I didn't see that in the rule you posted.

It must be the Allen Iverson codicil to the rule -- if a player contests Iverson's shot, Iverson has been fouled and should go to the line, even if the defender has clearly not invaded Iverson's vertical space.

easjer
04-25-2007, 11:10 PM
Dude, Phonzie, you must be pretty spoiled if you thought our game was called like shit. I thought it was mostly consistent and fair, as I thought the first game was. A couple of missed calls and a couple of bad calls in both games, but that happens every game, because refs are only human. Fair and consistent overall.

You want to see a truly badly called game, watch SportsCenter tonight for a recap of the GS/Dallas game. The reffing there is a fucking travesty. Dallas is certainly playing better and more aggressively than the last game, but the refs seem to have ensured that Dallas evens the series up. Terrible, terrible officiating there.

Ought to make you feel a lot better about our last two games.

FromWayDowntown
04-25-2007, 11:12 PM
Did I create a topic to do it?

Perhaps not. But neither did I. And, again, I'm not the one here complaining about the officiating.

Perhaps that's where we're different, though. You're cool with bitching about officials; I'm not.

Phonzie20
04-25-2007, 11:13 PM
Dude, Phonzie, you must be pretty spoiled if you thought our game was called like shit. I thought it was mostly consistent and fair, as I thought the first game was. A couple of missed calls and a couple of bad calls in both games, but that happens every game, because refs are only human. Fair and consistent overall.

You want to see a truly badly called game, watch SportsCenter tonight for a recap of the GS/Dallas game. The reffing there is a fucking travesty. Dallas is certainly playing better and more aggressively than the last game, but the refs seem to have ensured that Dallas evens the series up. Terrible, terrible officiating there.

Ought to make you feel a lot better about our last two games.

sorry babe. you gurls got their calls.

ManuMagic
04-25-2007, 11:16 PM
Where did this Phonzie kid come from? As if this forum needed another dense jackass to pollute the boards.

planaria
04-25-2007, 11:17 PM
So Parker, leaning backwards while Iverson leaned into him, should have been called for a foul? Curious that I didn't see that in the rule you posted.

It must be the Allen Iverson codicil to the rule -- if a player contests Iverson's shot, Iverson has been fouled and should go to the line, even if the defender has clearly not invaded Iverson's vertical space.

The rule is simply, the defender cant make a body contact in the air.

That is because when you fake your defender with sucess, you should try to jump in his direction.

That said, I really cant understand this discussion. I really dont think the refs were a big factor tonight. I´m okay if Karl complained about one or other call, it´s normal. Im also not complaining that Popovich should have got a TF...

Spurs deserved the win. Period.

4001 STEREO SPUR
Yo Phonzie

Ya Fuckin' lost

Get over it

FromWayDowntown
For whatever it's worth, I'm withholding judgment on Nuggets fans, who have generally been pretty good posters around here.

I don't, however, disagree with the original assessment of Georgie Porgie.

Phonzie20
04-25-2007, 11:18 PM
Yo Phonzie

Ya Fuckin' lost

Get over it

not yet baby

FromWayDowntown
04-25-2007, 11:19 PM

That is because when you fake your defender with sucess, you should try to jump in his direction.

That said, I really cant understand this discussion. I really dont think the refs were a big factor tonight. I´m okay if Karl complained about one or other call, it´s normal. Im also not complaining that Popovich should have got a TF...

But that's not the rule. If an offensive player leans into a defensive player, it's not a defensive foul -- it's either a no-call or it's an offensive foul. I have no idea how Parker can be leaning backwards and still somehow be responsible for fouling Iverson, who is clearly leaning forward an initiating the contact.

Phonzie20
04-25-2007, 11:20 PM
But that's not the rule. If an offensive player leans into a defensive player, it's not a defensive foul -- it's either a no-call or it's an offensive foul. I have no idea how Parker can be leaning backwards and still somehow be responsible for fouling Iverson, who is clearly leaning forward an initiating the contact.

no if it hurts it's a foul

ManuMagic
04-25-2007, 11:22 PM

In the play in question - Parker didn't make contact. Iverson made (i.e. initiated) contact.

FromWayDowntown
04-25-2007, 11:22 PM
no if it hurts it's a foul

What if it hurts the defender?

Phonzie20
04-25-2007, 11:25 PM
What if it hurts the defender?

no the slap.

:manu:

judaspriestess
04-25-2007, 11:28 PM
I never understood why we got the Thugget label. If anything you got the greatest thugget in Eason.
no kidding, I like the Denver NOUGATS better.

Phonzie20
04-25-2007, 11:29 PM

~teehee~

http://forums.offtopic.com/images/smilies/ky.gif

ManuMagic
04-25-2007, 11:30 PM

Damn Niggits

Phonzie20
04-25-2007, 11:31 PM
Damn Niggits

judaspriestess
04-25-2007, 11:31 PM
oh my god, you are disgusting!! :drunk

Phonzie20
04-25-2007, 11:32 PM
oh my god, you are disgusting!! :drunk

what's wrong with buttsex?

ManuMagic
04-25-2007, 11:32 PM

nice

JustSpurs
04-25-2007, 11:33 PM
This message is hidden because Phonzie20 is on your ignore list.

Phonzie20
04-25-2007, 11:33 PM
This message is hidden because Phonzie20 is on your ignore list.

you know you wanna

Phonzie20
04-25-2007, 11:34 PM
http://forums.offtopic.com/images/smilies/op.gif

picnroll
04-25-2007, 11:35 PM
AI clears out all the time but he's AI so he gets a pass on it. Sam with Kobe. Just the way it is. AI gets pissed, along with his fans, when he doen't get the FT on the clear out.

Phonzie20
04-25-2007, 11:38 PM
AI clears out all the time but he's AI so he gets a pass on it. Sam with Kobe. Just the way it is. AI gets pissed, along with his fans, when he doen't get the FT on the clear out.

don't get gay on us

http://forums.offtopic.com/images/smilies/bukkake.gif

SequSpur
04-25-2007, 11:40 PM
Phonzie, take your shit to the troll forum...

Phonzie20
04-25-2007, 11:41 PM
Phonzie, take your shit to the troll forum...

sorry tool. no.

judaspriestess
04-25-2007, 11:48 PM
don't get gay on us

http://forums.offtopic.com/images/smilies/bukkake.gif

the emoticons you post are funny but combining them with a pic of your daughter is quite grotesque and to be quite honest perverted.

Aggie Hoopsfan
04-25-2007, 11:49 PM
Wow, they just showed post-game comments on TNT, even AI was crying that he usually gets ten free throws a game, and didn't get to the line at all tonight. I expected this from Karl, but AI?

Texas_Ranger
04-26-2007, 12:00 AM
George sound like shit.

Phonzie20
04-26-2007, 12:19 AM
that his daughter. :nope :nope

thnx man.

this has NOTHING to do with Gabriela.

Carrot Top
04-26-2007, 12:21 AM
thnx man.

this has NOTHING to do with Gabriela.

not insulting your kid just suprised you would make those type of emoticons.

phyzik
04-26-2007, 01:27 AM
Things I learned in this thread.

Nuggets Suck

Spurs Won

Karl Cries

Denver Fans defend crying to the refs

Some Denver fans are OK

Phonzie20 likes fucked up emoticons

Spurs will win in 5

T-Pain
04-26-2007, 01:33 AM
George Karl is a Pussy and so are all Nugget fans[/B]

:lol amen to that!

Phonzie20
04-26-2007, 02:10 AM
Things I learned in this thread.

Nuggets Suck

Spurs Won

Karl Cries

Denver Fans defend crying to the refs

Some Denver fans are OK

Phonzie20 likes fucked up emoticons

Spurs will win in 5

things.....

Phonzie20
04-26-2007, 02:35 AM
you believe in the dead?

popshark86
04-26-2007, 02:58 AM
phonzie

get this in your stupid little brain

spurs won because there the best team in the NBA

and the chicken nuggets aint shit

:toast

ShoogarBear
04-26-2007, 04:46 AM
Every coach in the league complains about officiating. Most every player complains about officiating. If you don't understand the political part of the NBA you're an idiot.Show us where Pop complained after game one, then tell us again who's the idiot.

NuGGeTs-FaN
04-26-2007, 05:29 AM
why would he complain after game 1? he knows it was fair, even if the fans don't :smokin

GrandeDavid
04-26-2007, 06:12 AM

The Spurs went to the line only 10 freaking times in Game 1!! Are you kidding me, Crawford!? Seriously, and last night's game was even in fouls called. Overall Denver has an advantage in free throws.

GrandeDavid
04-26-2007, 06:17 AM
Kleiza sucks, you should put in Demarr Johnson to wet it up.

DJ is from my alma mater, Cincinnati, yo! Go DJ!

GrandeDavid
04-26-2007, 06:19 AM
You listen to Chuck? lol

Evidently LOTS of people listen to Chuck. You checked that TNT shows ratings lately?

smeagol
04-26-2007, 07:25 AM
Whinning about the refs is fucking weak.

Taco
04-26-2007, 07:55 AM
http://img178.imageshack.us/img178/3286/pacifierlv0.jpg

RuffnReadyOzStyle
04-26-2007, 08:07 AM
Okay, whining coaches are annoying, and Karl is up there with the worst, but the vitriol it generates on here is UNREAL!?

The Nuggets fans who have come on here have mostly been courteous and respected the place (unlike many of the Mavs fans, although there are some decent Mavs fans too), and yet they are copping a bunch of shit too. It's a bit over the top! :wtf

Seriously, everyone should calm down, realise that it's a game of basketball and show a bit if grace. If Karl wants to whine, let him, it only reflects poorly on him. But the more we behave like idiots in response to his antics, the more we reduce ourselves to his level.

Let's get some perspective, lower the vitriol, and move on, eh? We're classier than some of us are behaving.

PS Any vitriol directed at that idiot journalist Keiszla, or whatever his name is, is well deserved. Tally ho! :lmao

Obstructed_View
04-26-2007, 10:07 AM
The Spurs went to the line only 10 freaking times in Game 1!! Are you kidding me, Crawford!? Seriously, and last night's game was even in fouls called. Overall Denver has an advantage in free throws.
FTA comparisons are ZERO indication of how balanced the officiating was. The Spurs didn't earn trips to the line in game 1. I'm not sure how you think they could have gotten many more attempts than they did.

LEONARD
04-26-2007, 10:13 AM

LOL...yay for crying is right around here...even if it doesn't involve your own team... :lol

http://www.spurstalk.com/forums/showthread.php?t=65235

http://www.spurstalk.com/forums/showthread.php?t=65259

http://www.spurstalk.com/forums/showthread.php?t=65241

http://www.spurstalk.com/forums/showthread.php?t=65238

:dizzy

LEONARD
04-26-2007, 10:15 AM
FTA comparisons are ZERO indication of how balanced the officiating was.

Holy shit!! I agree with something you said completely...never thought that would happen...

I'm so beaten by idiots looking at the box score, comparing FT attempts, and drawing some conclusion about the officiating. It's just unbelievable... :lol

Trainwreck2100
04-26-2007, 10:16 AM
LOL...yay for crying is right around here...even if it doesn't involve your own team... :lol

http://www.spurstalk.com/forums/showthread.php?t=65235

http://www.spurstalk.com/forums/showthread.php?t=65259

http://www.spurstalk.com/forums/showthread.php?t=65241

http://www.spurstalk.com/forums/showthread.php?t=65238

:dizzy

It has nothing to do with our team, but the impending screwjob we face.

Obstructed_View
04-26-2007, 10:17 AM
Holy shit!! I agree with something you said completely...never thought that would happen...

I'm so beaten by idiots looking at the box score, comparing FT attempts, and drawing some conclusion about the officiating. It's just unbelievable... :lol
So I'll be waiting for you to back me up when Dirk and Duncan get the same number of free throw attempts and Mavs fans say that's "fair".

Obstructed_View
04-26-2007, 10:18 AM
It has nothing to do with our team, but the impending screwjob we face.
Glad you are making sure we have an excuse laid out ahead of time in case the Spurs lose. Let's make sure to take away any satisfaction the other team has in actually winning. If we lose, it's because of a conspiracy against our small market, but if we win, it's because we are just that much better. Yay us.

LEONARD
04-26-2007, 10:28 AM
So I'll be waiting for you to back me up when Dirk and Duncan get the same number of free throw attempts and Mavs fans say that's "fair".

If somebody is saying that they should have about the same # of FT's in a game in order to be fair then they're an idiot...

That's not to say that they couldn't have the same # with things being called well...

Trainwreck2100
04-26-2007, 10:30 AM
Glad you are making sure we have an excuse laid out ahead of time in case the Spurs lose. Let's make sure to take away any satisfaction the other team has in actually winning. If we lose, it's because of a conspiracy against our small market, but if we win, it's because we are just that much better. Yay us.

If I didn't play the refs card after last year's little late game whistlefest, I won't play it this year. Championship teams play through officiating, good or bad.

LilMissSPURfect
04-26-2007, 10:35 AM
I was EXPECTING Karl to have his say.....when i caught some of the postgame comments i said to myself TYPICAL Karl..... he's a poorman's version of Phil...trying to get AI and Melo more freetrhrows...

Pop on the other hand suggested his team play with more intensity and with more PHISICALITY

probably both mean the same Just one has CLASS (IMO)

Bwild
04-26-2007, 11:10 AM
I've been pleased with the officiating so far in the series. Game 1 couldn't have been officiated any better IMO. Game 2 the officiating wasn't great but I'd say it was fair. The officials missed some calls. The Blake loose ball where he pushed Manu was a missed call. When Nene rejected TD and was called for a foul was a bad call. Duncan got some ticky tack calls as did Melo. There were some bad calls that went both ways and I don't think you can say the refs missed or made any crucial calls that decided the game. As long as it's fair in that regard I'm usually pleased with the officiating.

In regards to Karl, he really didn't say anything that wasn't true. I think you guys would feel the same way if Duncan took 25 shots and didn't go to the free throw line once. Karl's going to try to play his mind games everybody knows this. That's what Karl does and so do most NBA coaches. The only exception probably is Popovich. Congrats guys you have a classy coach. Too bad a few in your fan base aren't as classy as him.

AI not getting to the line wasn't why we lost. AI missing all those lay-ups has more to do with that. Very similar to game 1 when your guys missed a lot of easy shots. I'm happy with the officiating so far. The Spurs out played us in Game 2 and deserved to get the win.

Phonzie is just giving you guys what you all want. He's playing the bad guy role and I love him for it, because I know him from NT and I can see the sarcasm in all of his posts.

Right now it's down to a 5 game series and we have home court. The pressure is still on you guys to take a game from us.

Trainwreck2100
04-26-2007, 11:26 AM
Also Carl's loud breathing during the press conference really shows that guy needs to hit the treadmill.

(not a Dirk hit, but exercise)

LilMissSPURfect
04-26-2007, 11:52 AM
I've been pleased with the officiating so far in the series. Game 1 couldn't have been officiated any better IMO. Game 2 the officiating wasn't great but I'd say it was fair. The officials missed some calls. The Blake loose ball where he pushed Manu was a missed call. When Nene rejected TD and was called for a foul was a bad call. Duncan got some ticky tack calls as did Melo. There were some bad calls that went both ways and I don't think you can say the refs missed or made any crucial calls that decided the game. As long as it's fair in that regard I'm usually pleased with the officiating.

In regards to Karl, he really didn't say anything that wasn't true. I think you guys would feel the same way if Duncan took 25 shots and didn't go to the free throw line once. Karl's going to try to play his mind games everybody knows this. That's what Karl does and so do most NBA coaches. The only exception probably is Popovich. Congrats guys you have a classy coach. Too bad a few in your fan base aren't as classy as him.

AI not getting to the line wasn't why we lost. AI missing all those lay-ups has more to do with that. Very similar to game 1 when your guys missed a lot of easy shots. I'm happy with the officiating so far. The Spurs out played us in Game 2 and deserved to get the win.

Phonzie is just giving you guys what you all want. He's playing the bad guy role and I love him for it, because I know him from NT and I can see the sarcasm in all of his posts.

Right now it's down to a 5 game series and we have home court. The pressure is still on you guys to take a game from us.

True :clap

its about the players and who wants it more........

(i didn't notice the refs either.. :p: )

Phonzie20
04-26-2007, 11:54 AM

;)

LilMissSPURfect
04-26-2007, 11:55 AM
;)
:p:

Phonzie20
04-26-2007, 11:59 AM
:p:

http://forums.offtopic.com/images/smilies/bootyshake.gif

Man of Steel
04-27-2007, 10:56 AM
Also Carl's loud breathing during the press conference really shows that guy needs to hit the treadmill.

(not a Dirk hit, but exercise)

Nah--he had just gotten out of the locker room watching Carlemo and Iverson shower together, scrubbing each other's front and back and private parts...

The_Worlds_finest
04-27-2007, 12:28 PM
every single player on the nugs has a bit of karl in them(not talking about little karl) but his attitude. They are all classless bums.

Phonzie20
04-27-2007, 02:58 PM
every single player on the nugs has a bit of karl in them(not talking about little karl) but his attitude. They are all classless bums.

Well that was a bit ignorant on your part.

SkunkinDuncan
04-27-2007, 03:38 PM

What do you do for charity? Can I get some info about your foundation and the hours and money you put in? Thanks!

nkdlunch
04-27-2007, 03:40 PM
every single player on the nugs has a bit of karl in them

judging by the size of Karl's belly, I think the opposite is true

Phonzie20
04-27-2007, 04:03 PM

So our coach is fat. OK. Now that is out of the way your fucking gay AV.

hater
04-27-2007, 04:05 PM

:lol :lol

Slydragon
04-28-2007, 12:05 AM
My sig will stay like this till the Nuggets go away.

Man of Steel
04-28-2007, 12:24 AM
My sig will stay like this till the Nuggets go away.

PRICELESS!

Too bad you don't have one of JR Reid as well.