PDA

View Full Version : Laughing and Clapping not allowed vs. Dallas

SpursDynasty
04-25-2007, 10:55 PM
First Duncan, now Baron, and Mavs get handed another cheap victory via star ejection of opposite team.

nkdlunch
04-25-2007, 10:57 PM
Salvatore needs to get banned as well. Is it a coincidence that Dallas is involved in all this drama? fuck no.

SpursDynasty
04-25-2007, 10:58 PM
I know this ejection will not go ignored by the league. Baron did nothing but clap.

dirk4mvp
04-25-2007, 10:59 PM
I wonder if Cuban pays a large lump sum to the refs or does he do it specifically? Like 5,000 for an ejection, 1,000 for a Tech, 500 for a charge in the Mavs favor, etc.? :greedy

:rolleyes

SpursDynasty
04-25-2007, 11:07 PM
I never said there were pay offs.

The ejections speak for themselves.

picnroll
04-25-2007, 11:08 PM
Strange how this shit happens in Dallas.

JamStone
Not completely different from the Duncan ejection, but there are distinctions. Baron Davis was on the court and was overtly mocking the refs. And, as was said on the TNT broadcast, Salvatore warned Nellie to calm Baron down, and Baron started to clap harder.

Davis was on the court and was warned. That's a little bit different.

Fillmoe
the city is getting raped tonight!

dallaskd
04-25-2007, 11:09 PM
:lol :toast

dallaskd
04-25-2007, 11:09 PM
thats what you get when you have a stupid rich owner.

Fillmoe
04-25-2007, 11:10 PM
half the league has stupid rich owners...... you dumb fuck

dav4463
Mavs may shoot 60 free throws tonight ! Funny how a jump shooting team can get so many free throws.

dallaskd
half the league has stupid rich owners...... you dumb fuck

how about gay brothers?

judaspriestess
04-25-2007, 11:11 PM
Strange how this shit happens in Dallas.

"strange" indeed and pathetic, dallas should be ashamed of themselves, always getting bailed out in one way or another.

they say that KARMA is a bitch, dallas just might get paid a visit by her.

SpursDynasty
04-25-2007, 11:13 PM
GS still has homecourt. Dallas can't depend on the other team's best player (or players) to be ejected every time.

Dallas Referees should be the new name of the team.

XoNBAFlava
04-25-2007, 11:15 PM
i lk mavs go mavs

XoNBAFlava
dirk is kool

dallaskd
i lk mavs go mavs

i already dont like you.

Fillmoe
04-25-2007, 11:16 PM
baron davis was Clapping. He was not looking at any referee. Which ref teed him up? one on the opposite side of the court?

bennet salvaWHORE

Budkin
Getting tossed for clapping... nice.

judaspriestess
now Stephen Jackson is gone? fucking disgraceful.

SpursDynasty
04-25-2007, 11:18 PM
Good win tonight Dallas, another help by the refs. Cowards.

XoNBAFlava
04-25-2007, 11:18 PM
go mavZ

XoNBAFlava
04-25-2007, 11:19 PM
spurs dynasty u r such a fag homO no1 lks u!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Aggie Hoopsfan
The Mavs are a good five man squad. They're an unbeatable eight man squad.

lurker
Jackson is a dumbass. He saw that the refs weren't going to put up with being shown up like that when Baron got tossed, and he still went and did it. Moron. :lol

XoNBAFlava
04-25-2007, 11:22 PM
due ur not cool pimp!!!!!!!!

lurker
04-25-2007, 11:23 PM
how does that ref dick taste mav fans?
Wonderful.

SpursDynasty
04-25-2007, 11:25 PM
Mavs have gotten every momentum changing break to go their way: Duncan ejected for laughing, they get the big win, would've lost other wise. Baron Davis got ejected in a big Game 2 for clapping, the Warriors lose.

I love how they celebrate as if they didn't have some help tonight.

Dirk still hasn't showed up in the series. Terry and Harris looked scared till Baron was tossed.

GS heads back home with the series at 1-1.

Findog
04-25-2007, 11:26 PM
Salvatore needs to get banned as well. Is it a coincidence that Dallas is involved in all this drama? fuck no.

Bennett Salvatore gave Miami the win last year in Game Five. He owes us one.

SpursDynasty
04-25-2007, 11:27 PM

No, Josh Howard gave Miami the win last year :lol

picnroll
04-25-2007, 11:28 PM
Salvatore got you into the WC finals so be thankful.

Fillmoe

TIME OUT! :lol :lol

pking
Mavs have gotten every momentum changing break to go their way: Duncan ejected for laughing, they get the big win, would've lost other wise. Baron Davis got ejected in a big Game 2 for clapping, the Warriors lose.

I love how they celebrate as if they didn't have some help tonight.

Dirk still hasn't showed up in the series. Terry and Harris looked scared till Baron was tossed.

GS heads back home with the series at 1-1.

:lol :lol

Too funny. First of all, that was not a big win. Second of all, it's comical that you think you can read the future.

Aggie Hoopsfan
04-25-2007, 11:30 PM

Too funny. First of all, that was not a big win. Second of all, it's comical that you think you can read the future.

It's comical to think the Spurs would have struggled down the stretch like they did at the end of that game if they had Duncan around :rolleyes

SpursDynasty
04-25-2007, 11:30 PM

Considering that the Spurs led until the final minute of that game - With Duncan already out - Put him in, and the Spurs win by atleast 8 points. The Warriors were clearly aggressive and confident until their leader got tossed for clapping.

The Mavs are just getting hollow victories like this - I'll say no more on it, I'll let the rest of the playoffs for Dallas be the example of what I'm talking about.

Findog
04-25-2007, 11:33 PM

We wouldn't have scored off the inbounds anyway. You're a troll that says ridiculous things and need not be taken seriously.

lurker
04-25-2007, 11:34 PM
Duncan ejected for laughing, they get the big win, would've lost other wise. Baron Davis got ejected in a big Game 2 for clapping, the Warriors lose.
It's impressive how you're able to see how games would've ended.

Findog
04-25-2007, 11:37 PM
Mr. Glass (Davis) just didn't want to have to play another 12 minutes. We would've won this game no matter what. We were up by 11 and handling our business when he decided to whine like a little bitch. I don't know what he was complaining about, he definitely hacked him.

nkdlunch
04-25-2007, 11:38 PM
what an embarrasing night for the NBA

mavs>spurs2
04-25-2007, 11:42 PM
Looked like Baron Davis was instigating shit to me. He deserved it.

Findog
04-25-2007, 11:44 PM
Mr. Glass had a very tender vagina and was too embarrassed to ask out of the game to get treatment from the trainer. The Warriors are playing Rucker League ball -- they are undisciplined on offense and get a lucky a few times, but they also don't have the composure to handle playoff basketball.

mVp
04-25-2007, 11:45 PM
refs are going nuts or what?

Burn531
04-25-2007, 11:45 PM

Nice. :lol

Findog
04-25-2007, 11:48 PM
Sperm fans just want to hate on the Mavs for the sake of hating on the Mavs -- you can't hack a guy on a breakaway and then bait the refs when you've already got one tech. Nellie was even trying to get him to cool it. The Warriors and their Rucker League offense and their 6th grade take the ball and go home demeanor are doomed! Doomed!

Mr. Glass is a true warier!

Aggie Hoopsfan
04-25-2007, 11:48 PM
Mr. Glass had a very tender vagina and was too embarrassed to ask out of the game to get treatment from the trainer. The Warriors are playing Rucker League ball -- they are undisciplined on offense and get a lucky a few times, but they also don't have the composure to handle playoff basketball.

Despite getting ejected in the third period tonight "Mr. Glass" is still outplaying your wannabe MVP.

SpursDynasty
04-25-2007, 11:51 PM
I'm seriously considering not watching the NBA anymore. What are these games worth with bizarre ejections?

monosylab1k
04-25-2007, 11:52 PM
I'm seriously considering not watching the NBA anymore. What are these games worth with bizarre ejections?

don't worry bipolar boy, tomorrow you'll love the NBA again. then 8 minutes later you'll hate it.

kinda like ur Houston-Utah prediction that you've changed about 394 times now.

ratm1221
04-25-2007, 11:53 PM
Haha, SpursDynasty... this thread is great! So now that you have TWO favorite teams, who are you going to root for in the WCF... the Warriors, or the Spurs?

Carrot Top
04-25-2007, 11:53 PM
what an embarrasing night for the NBA

yeah refs were horrible in both games.

ManuMagic
04-25-2007, 11:54 PM
Fuck the NBA

monosylab1k
04-25-2007, 11:55 PM
Haha, SpursDynasty... this thread is great! So now that you have TWO favorite teams, who are you going to root for in the WCF... the Warriors, or the Spurs?

lol don't forget about his 3rd favorite team, the Jazz NO WAIT Rockets NO Jazz NO Rockets NO Jazz definitely NO NO NO Rockets all the way NO Jazz!!!!!!!!

Findog
04-25-2007, 11:55 PM
Despite getting ejected in the third period tonight "Mr. Glass" is still outplaying your wannabe MVP.

Our 1-12 is better than their 1-12. Golden State is doing what Houston did two years ago -- they are refusing to let Dirk beat them, they are forcing him to either beat a double team or pass out of it to find the open man. I still don't understand why Avery won't park Dirk on the lowblocks -- that way if they double, he can pass to an open cutter or a jump shooter on the wing. When he himself is out on the wing, he doesn't know where the help defender is coming from.

Mr. Glass WANTED to get tossed. He baited and showed up the refs until they had no choice. Whether that's because he could see his team's chances slipping away and he wanted to get some rest for his arthritis, or he lost his cool, the Warriors are finding out what playoff basketball is all about.

I don't care whether Dirk gets MVP or not. Kobe or TD is the best individual player in the game...As to who is the most valuable to their team, all the superstar's teams are fucked if they go down to injury.

monosylab1k
04-25-2007, 11:57 PM
you'd think Spurs fans would just be happy about their own victory instead of bitching and cursing the league and threatening to never watch the game ever again cuz of some questionable calls in another game involving two completely different teams.

monosylab1k
04-25-2007, 11:58 PM
Most of these pissypants Spurs fans MUST HAVE put serious money on Golden State, there's no other explanation as to why they're so pissed about it.

If this was Stack or Terry getting ejected for "just clapping" this would be getting praised as the greatest and most warranted ejection in league history.

Findog
Most of these pissypants Spurs fans MUST HAVE put serious money on Golden State, there's no explanation as to why they're so pissed about it.

Golden State wouldn't have won if Mr. Glass had stayed in the game.

SpursDynasty
lol don't forget about his 3rd favorite team, the Jazz NO WAIT Rockets NO Jazz NO Rockets NO Jazz definitely NO NO NO Rockets all the way NO Jazz!!!!!!!!

The Jazz are the team I like more, but Houston is more likely to win. That doesn't mean I like Houston.

If I see more shitty ejections in big games, what good is it watching the league anymore? Seriously. What good would any sports be for entertainment without reasonable officiating? Not perfect officiating, but reasonable.

easjer
04-26-2007, 12:00 AM
JamStone nailed it - the second T is different from the first and he was clearly egging on the ref. Still a dumbass call, but hardly unprovoked.

However, the first foul was completely made up, since all the aggression was Terry and Diop and Davis the peacemaker and SJax picked up the Ts instead. Unbelievable that Terry wasn't Ted up for that.

Also unbelievable is the fact that Davis received that second T in light of all the bitching and complaining and sarcasm the Mavs were consistently spewing all night long. As an isolated incident, it's not unwarranted. In context, it's just a fucking joke.

monosylab1k
04-26-2007, 12:00 AM
Golden State wouldn't have won if Mr. Glass had stayed in the game.

Probably not, but I didn't like them dicking around in the 4th quarter trying to keep their 3pt streak alive. I still wonder if this team truly has a killer instinct.

Amarelooms
04-26-2007, 12:02 AM
Sad things is even if the Mavs lose in round 1....Spurs and their fans know they can't beat em. So either way....MAVS >>>>> SPURS. Sad but true my friends lol

monosylab1k
04-26-2007, 12:03 AM
However, the first foul was completely made up, since all the aggression was Terry and Diop and Davis the peacemaker and SJax picked up the Ts instead. Unbelievable that Terry wasn't Ted up for that.

LOL did you not see Terry get smacked TWICE after the whistle was blown? The aggression by Diop and Terry was IN NO WAY unwarranted. Now Barnes should have been the one getting a T, probably not Davis, and putting it on Jackson was total BS...but DON'T EVEN GO THERE with that "peacemaker" bullshit they started the entire fuckin thing.

SpursDynasty
04-26-2007, 12:05 AM
you'd think Spurs fans would just be happy about their own victory instead of bitching and cursing the league and threatening to never watch the game ever again cuz of some questionable calls in another game involving two completely different teams.

There's a difference between questionable calls (fouls) and downright stupid calls (ejections for doing nothing).

I have never complained about fouls called. There will always be questionable calls that go both ways for both teams.

And like most NBA fans, I don't just watch my own team in the playoffs. I like to watch other playoff games that are fairly and reasonably officiated. Am I worried about SA? No, they'll win in 6. I'd like to see other series officiated reasonably though.

Findog
04-26-2007, 12:07 AM
Probably not, but I didn't like them dicking around in the 4th quarter trying to keep their 3pt streak alive. I still wonder if this team truly has a killer instinct.

Can the referees screw you over a couple of times? Of course. But every team gets the shaft on calls from time to time. There were egregious calls going against both teams tonite. I hate Salvatore as much as the next guy and would like to see him get tossed along with Crawford. Yes, Golden State had a few calls go against them. But you still have to go out and win -- getting stops, drawing fouls, getting to the rim, being the aggressorsm, executing in the halfcourt. You don't whine like a sissy and beg the refs to eject you. Mr. Glass came up against a little adversity and decided to completely torpedo any chance for his team to win. They were well on their way to losing but he cinched it for them. That's destructoin. Winning is construction. Mr. Glass and S-Jax are talented players, but can you rely on them to be mentally tough. GS faced their first test of playoff adversity tonite, and they wilted like a typical 8 seed.

monosylab1k
04-26-2007, 12:07 AM
There's a difference between questionable calls (fouls) and downright stupid calls (ejections for doing nothing).

I have never complained about fouls called. There will always be questionable calls that go both ways for both teams.

And like most NBA fans, I don't just watch my own team in the playoffs. I like to watch other playoff games that are fairly and reasonably officiated. Am I worried about SA? No, they'll win in 6. I'd like to see other series officiated reasonably though.

i'm not even going to get into your obvious stupidity jeffdrums/SpursDynasty/UtahNoHoustonNoUtahNoHoustonNoUtahNoHouston

Findog
04-26-2007, 12:08 AM

Listen here, troll, Mr. Glass WANTED to get tossed. You do NOT whine like a little pussy when you already have 1 tech, your team is slipping away and needs you to have any chance of mounting a comeback. He knew exactly what he was doing. If you took off your troll homer glasses, you'd realize that.

ManuMagic
04-26-2007, 12:08 AM
LOL did you not see Terry get smacked TWICE after the whistle was blown? The aggression by Diop and Terry was IN NO WAY unwarranted. Now Barnes should have been the one getting a T, probably not Davis, and putting it on Jackson was total BS...but DON'T EVEN GO THERE with that "peacemaker" bullshit they started the entire fuckin thing.

you must have a very different definition for the word smacked

LongBall
04-26-2007, 12:09 AM
Longball declared Mavs greatest team in NBA!!! Mavs cannot be beaten, period. GS got all the calls in game one and the refs stole from the MAVS!!

monosylab1k
04-26-2007, 12:11 AM
you must have a very different definition for the word smacked

swinging open hand and making contact with another person = smack

that's my definition.

did something besides that not happen twice to Terry after the whistle?

of course I would never expect a Spurs fan to look at a Mavs game objectively so I can understand you conveniently not seeing it. if he's not wearing silver and black he's not getting fouled, i understand.

ManuMagic
04-26-2007, 12:16 AM
swinging open hand and making contact with another person = smack

that's my definition.

did something besides that not happen twice to Terry after the whistle?

of course I would never expect a Spurs fan to look at a Mavs game objectively so I can understand you conveniently not seeing it. if he's not wearing silver and black he's not getting fouled, i understand.

people reach in to knock the ball away after a whistle all the time, and nothing ever comes of it. That's what they did - Davis and Barnes reached in to knock the ball away from Terry. They didn't smack him.

monosylab1k
04-26-2007, 12:19 AM
people reach in to knock the ball away after a whistle all the time, and nothing ever comes of it. That's what they did - Davis and Barnes reached in to knock the ball away from Terry. They didn't smack him.

i wouldn't expect any other response from a Spurs fan.

i guess until Terry takes a punch to the nuts, he'll never deserve any call ever.

ponky
04-26-2007, 12:26 AM
i see the warriors aren't the only team that had a meltdown tonight...thanks for the whining spursdynasty, you make the win even better

DubMcDub
04-26-2007, 12:36 AM
Most of these pissypants Spurs fans MUST HAVE put serious money on Golden State, there's no other explanation as to why they're so pissed about it.

Explanation (and I am completely, 100% sure of this): Spurs fans are actively rooting for Golden State because they are genuinely scared of the fact that Dallas is by far their biggest obstacle to a title.

SpursDynasty
04-26-2007, 12:36 AM
i see the warriors aren't the only team that had a meltdown tonight...thanks for the whining spursdynasty, you make the win even better

You guys fail to realize that the single thing I'm complaining about is ejecting a player for doing nothing.

I don't care who won/lost.

But ejecting a player for nothing ruins a fairly officiated matchup.

SpursDynasty
04-26-2007, 12:37 AM
Explanation (and I am completely, 100% sure of this): Spurs fans are actively rooting for Golden State because they are genuinely scared of the fact that Dallas is by far their biggest obstacle to a title.

That is getting old (Spurs vs Mavs smack talk). The Mavs have a personal monster on their hands to worry about before SA.

rasho8
04-26-2007, 12:38 AM
Our 1-12 is better than their 1-12. Golden State is doing what Houston did two years ago -- they are refusing to let Dirk beat them, they are forcing him to either beat a double team or pass out of it to find the open man. I still don't understand why Avery won't park Dirk on the lowblocks -- that way if they double, he can pass to an open cutter or a jump shooter on the wing. When he himself is out on the wing, he doesn't know where the help defender is coming from.

Mr. Glass WANTED to get tossed. He baited and showed up the refs until they had no choice. Whether that's because he could see his team's chances slipping away and he wanted to get some rest for his arthritis, or he lost his cool, the Warriors are finding out what playoff basketball is all about.

I don't care whether Dirk gets MVP or not. Kobe or TD is the best individual player in the game...As to who is the most valuable to their team, all the superstar's teams are fucked if they go down to injury.

Yeah.. Playoff Basketball for the Mavs is hoping to god the refs will bail them out and swing momentum their way.

Welcome to Mavs Playoff Basketball GS... thanks for playing.

DubMcDub
04-26-2007, 12:38 AM
You guys fail to realize that the single thing I'm complaining about is ejecting a player for doing nothing.

Again, it wasn't for nothing. It was for saying "bullshit" over and over and clapping sarcastically at the refs.

AND more importantly, it was for refusing to stop when the ref walked over to him and Nellie and said "you better stop or I'm gonna T you up again". I really don't understand why you have such a huge problem comprehending this.

If a referee in a sporting event warns a player to stop doing something and he doesn't stop, regardless of what it is, then the player is obligated to stop. If he doesn't, being ejected is justified. 100%. Every time.

Findog
04-26-2007, 12:39 AM

Whining and making factually incorrect assertions ruins an otherwise great messageboard. Mr. Glass wanted to get thrown out and he made sure of it. Some leadership there. His own coach wanted him to cool it. Davis knew exactly what he was doing.

This is why people hate you. You say things that you probably don't even believe.

DubMcDub
04-26-2007, 12:40 AM
That is getting old (Spurs vs Mavs smack talk). The Mavs have a personal monster on their hands to worry about before SA.

This is not smack talk. This is me calling you out for the blatantly transparent motivation behind all of your posts.

Again, let me reiterate--you are not fooling me, nor anyone else with a brain. You post this bullshit because you are trying to convince yourself that the Spurs are going to win a championship this year despite the fact that the odds are against them at this point.

Cognitive dissonance. Look it up.

ponky
04-26-2007, 12:42 AM

LOL, you can't openly continue with the mocking of a ref after he's already giving you a warning to desist from such puerile acts. Shall I go get the rulebook? There is a section that talks about these types of techs. It's one thing for Duncan to be laughing and we don't even know what he's laughing about but Davis actually clapped on two different occasions at the refs soon after receiving fouls. Plus, he couldn't keep his fucking trap shut after receiving a warning.

monosylab1k
04-26-2007, 12:42 AM

So if Dirk and Jason Terry were the ones getting ejected, and the Mavericks lost by 13, would you still be on here starting polls and bitching about the unfairness of the NBA and threatening to never watch pro ball again?

I highly doubt it.

Of course I doubt you'll give me an answer because as soon as someone shows you exactly what a little bitch you're being, you run and hide and then start a new thread to throw out your latest waffling on the Houston/Utah series.

Shank
04-26-2007, 01:24 AM
It's become quite obvious that Spursfan is nothing but a whiny bitch after reading the posts on tonight's Mavs-Warriors game. Rather than being happy about their own victory, they'd rather bitch about what happened to Baron Davis and Jackson. Such spoiled little titty-babies.

I don't know if it came across on TV, but both guys were running their mouths almost constantly. The officials gave them fair warning and I was surprised that they didn't boot them sooner than they did.

It's also adorable how there's this assumption that the Warriors were guaranteed to come back and win even with Davis/Jackson in there. Even if they were still in the game, it wasn't going to happen tonight. So how does Golden State respond? Will they recover soundly? Or will they continue to unravel now that that confidence is shot and they've show their true colors as a pretender?

Oh, and fuck you SpursDynasty. You pathetic asshole.

ponky
04-26-2007, 01:28 AM
please stop feeding the village idiot, just say no to idiocy

Fillmoe
04-26-2007, 01:31 AM
spursdynasty is one of the best posters on this site

gtownspur
04-26-2007, 02:24 AM
please stop feeding the village idiot, just say no to idiocy

I agree, no more Josh Howard interviews.

Next Superstar
04-26-2007, 04:11 AM
Why you gotta call Baron Mr. Glass findog, maybe dirk should be called Big Softie. Congrats on the win mavs fans, I figured the mavs would play a lot better and the warriors certainly made it easier on them by being so damn careless with the ball. It was terry and howard that carried them tonite, dirk still hasn't really done much. Baron won't let terry outplay him again in game 3. Whats with the mavs fans at the game, they have to be coaxed into cheering by the pa announcer, thats gonna be far from the case at oracle arena friday its going to be a freakin nuthouse there.

Findog
04-26-2007, 07:41 AM
Yeah.. Playoff Basketball for the Mavs is hoping to god the refs will bail them out and swing momentum their way.

Welcome to Mavs Playoff Basketball GS... thanks for playing.

Do you have anything to say that's basketball-related or do you just want to complain about the officiating in a game that Dallas would've won no matter what? It's not like Mr. Glass was playing well when he got tossed. They were well on their way to losing with him. Some leadership when your team needs you to INTENTIONALLY get thrown out.

Findog
04-26-2007, 08:01 AM
Why you gotta call Baron Mr. Glass findog, maybe dirk should be called Big Softie..

I think you know why. Both labels are fair. GS's gameplan is to make Dirk the focus of their defense and force other players to step up and beat them, but Dirk has to do more. He needs to set up on the low blocks and be a post player in this series. Nellie is not going to let him do his typical damage out on the wing. When Dirk is out on the perimeter like a guard, he doesn't know when and where the double is coming from, if he puts it on the floor, the help defender will rotate over to cover or swipe at his dribble. If Dirk sets up on the low post, he can hit an open cutter when the double comes or send it back out to the wing for an open jump shooter. He's got to realize that Nellie is not going to let him play the way he wants to. He'll be fine...Golden State has no interior defense. We can get a layup or dunk anytime we want. When we stop falling in love with the jumper is when GS will get the final nail in the coffin.

One of the things that pissed me off about G1, aside from going small and trying to matchup with an inferior team instead of playing our lineup, is Avery not doing anything about Davis. With Diop and Dampier out of the game, we had nobody to protect the rim if the Warriors, and Davis in particular, decided to drive. I don't know how many times I saw Davis get iso'd at the top of the key and just take it to the hole without even having to change direction or alter his trajectory. You would think that after watching Wade light us up last year, Avery would trap and double team Davis to get the ball out of his hands. I'd rather Barnes or somebody else chuck up jumpers than let a guy like Davis beat us repeatedly. The difference is Nellie absolutely refuses to let Dirk beat his team, and his defensive strategy reflects it. Dirk isn't being as nearly aggressive as he needs to be, but in time he will. Given that you guys have no interior defense, it's only a matter of time before our guys figured that out and adjusted accordingly.

LEONARD
04-26-2007, 08:16 AM
Not surprising that the dumbest fuck on this forum startest this thread... :lol

Yea, he was just clapping...IDIOT. He was going crazy everytime they called a foul on him and he was CLEARLY showing up the refs ON THE FLOOR. He was warned and he kept being a little prick...

GS doesn't have it between the ears...this won't be their only meltdown...

Mavs may shoot 60 free throws tonight ! Funny how a jump shooting team can get so many free throws.

The Mavs drove to the rim all night, genius... :lol

baron davis was Clapping. He was not looking at any referee. Which ref teed him up? one on the opposite side of the court?

:smokin :hat :drunk

The Warriors were clearly aggressive and confident until their leader got tossed for clapping. The Mavs are just getting hollow victories like this - I'll say no more on it, I'll let the rest of the playoffs for Dallas be the example of what I'm talking about.

What a worthless fuck you are Jeff... :lol

Simply amazing...you've taken stupid to unseen levels...

If I see more shitty ejections in big games, what good is it watching the league anymore? Seriously. What good would any sports be for entertainment without reasonable officiating? Not perfect officiating, but reasonable.

Stop watching and smash your computer with a sledgehammer...PLEASE.

WTF? Are you blind? Terry was fouled...then Davis hacked him afterwards, then Barnes hacked him. THEN Diop and Terry responded because it was cheap bullshit on Davis/Barnes' part...

Unbelievable...

Why is that acceptable? Reaching for the ball and hacking somebody on the arms AFTER the play is dead TWICE should just become standard operating procedure or what??? :wtf

Findog
04-26-2007, 08:23 AM
Why is that acceptable? Reaching for the ball and hacking somebody on the arms AFTER the play is dead TWICE should just become standard operating procedure or what??? :wtf

Any fortune bestowed upon the Mavs is the result of the referees. Any adversity they suffer is the result of their own poor play and/or the superiority of their opponent. If we play the Bobcats and win, he'll make excuses for Charlotte losing. That's the m.o. of Spursdynasty. There are rational, non-homer Spurs fans, and then there's the guys who are screaming and whining about a team that isn't on their side of the bracket getting "all the calls."

IX_Equilibrium
04-26-2007, 08:24 AM
Leonard, you made such a stink over the Duncan-Crawford deal, it doesn't surprise me that you are making such a case for Sal.

LEONARD
04-26-2007, 08:36 AM
Leonard, you made such a stink over the Duncan-Crawford deal, it doesn't surprise me that you are making such a case for Sal.

You still never grasped my point about the Duncan - Crawford thing...not discussing it again...

Davis and Jackson got what they deserved last night...CLEARLY.

IX_Equilibrium
04-26-2007, 08:38 AM
You still never grasped my point about the Duncan - Crawford thing...not discussing it again...

Yes, yes, you weren't defending Crawford, and you were acting like you weren't making a big deal out of anything. Yet, I saw you argue with half of the forum about it. So much for not defending Crawford!

mFFL03
04-26-2007, 09:45 AM
I really don't understand how people aren't grasping simple theories of obeying and respecting authority figures

StylisticS
04-26-2007, 10:26 AM
See I knew this would happen. I knew there would be complaining in these playoffs because it's now basically set in stone that we (as NBA fans) will complain in the playoffs. The Mavs will have games where they get calls and other fans will complain. The Spurs will have games where they get calls and other fans will complain. The Heat will have games where they get calls and other fans will complain, etc. etc. etc. etc. This will happen sometime in the REST OF THESE PLAYOFFS and NEXT FUCKIN YEAR and THE YEAR AFTER THAT. This is the damn NBA. It has the worse officiating of all the top 4 major professional leagues in this country. Us crying about what happened last night is irrelevant because it's going to happen again. This is just one of the main reasons why I would take the NFL and MLB over the NBA any and everyday of the damn week.

I H8 Mavs Fans
04-26-2007, 10:28 AM
I really don't understand how people aren't grasping simple theories of obeying and respecting authority figures

Yeah, so going out and bitching about said authority figures after a game six chokejob shows great respect.

TonyParkerSux
04-26-2007, 10:34 AM
Yeah, so going out and bitching about said authority figures after a game six chokejob shows great respect.

As does all of the Spurm fans complaining that the WCF's were rigged.... :smokin

Do any of you really believe that Manu didn't foul Dirk on that last play??

monosylab1k
04-26-2007, 10:38 AM
As does all of the Spurm fans complaining that the WCF's were rigged.... :smokin

Mark Cuban yelling at David Stern during a game is classless and whining...

Bruce Bowen yelling at David Stern during a game is speaking the truth about a rigged series...

I H8 Mavs Fans
04-26-2007, 10:39 AM

I refuse to tackle any smack from a third party team who cannnot even get his facts straight.

LilMissSPURfect
04-26-2007, 10:40 AM
didn't go through all the posts but seems its something in the water in dallas.....

DarrinS
04-26-2007, 10:40 AM
How would Mavs fans be reacting if, say, Jet and Howard were ejected?

I guarantee you Cuban would be making some phone calls today.

monosylab1k
04-26-2007, 10:41 AM

How would Spurs fans be reacting?

LEONARD
04-26-2007, 10:43 AM

I guarantee you Cuban would be making some phone calls today.

If he acted like Davis and Richardson, he'd deserve it...

How would Spurs fans be reacting?

EXACTLY :lol

TonyParkerSux
04-26-2007, 10:43 AM
Mark Cuban yelling at David Stern during a game is classless and whining...

Bruce Bowen yelling at David Stern during a game is speaking the truth about a rigged series...

:lol Spurs are the class of the NBA and cannot lose a series unless it was perviously rigged by the officials and Stern. Everyone knows how much the officials and Stern love the Mavs and Cuban.

ponky
04-26-2007, 10:51 AM
:lol Spurs are the class of the NBA and cannot lose a series unless it was perviously rigged by the officials and Stern. Everyone knows how much the officials and Stern love the Mavs and Cuban.

but of course...i've seen popovich cuss the shit out of joey crawford, joey crawford stared at him, then walked the other way back down the court

if it's not the officiating, it's some b.s. conspiracy about a small market, dirty players on another team or fill in the blank excuse here

Shank
04-26-2007, 11:24 AM
The Dallas Mavericks have never won a game. Every victory is a gift from the NBA.

NBA Junkie
04-26-2007, 11:29 AM
The Dallas Mavericks have never won a game. Every victory is a gift from the NBA.

Yeah, it's funny how some Spurs fans keep believing that the Mavs wouldn't have won the game if Baron wasn't tossed.

I guess the 67 wins the Mavs had this season were all a fluke. :rolleyes

Spurminator
04-26-2007, 11:30 AM
I have no pity for Baron Davis. These are the fucking Playoffs and you're in good position to make a run against the best team in the league. You don't get cute with the refs in the third quarter, especially after you've been warned.

The Warriors are a talented group of athletes but their downfall will be their own stupidity. They fell apart last night. Maybe if they had a coach who took these games seriously, they'd actually have the serious chance of knocking out the Mavs that Dallas sports radio types have been so quick to give them.

ponky
04-26-2007, 11:31 AM
Yeah, it's funny how some Spurs fans keep believing that the Mavs wouldn't have won the game if Baron wasn't tossed.

I guess the 67 wins the Mavs had this season were all a fluke. :rolleyes

but baron davis only had five fouls and he had a ridiculous number of rebounds (one) while the mavs were up by double digits when he got ejected...there's no way the mavs were going to win this game with those odds against them

jacobdrj
04-26-2007, 11:31 AM

No, but from a biased observer (I didn't want the Spurs in the Finals last year), even I could see that they got screwed last year against the MAVS... Mavs were getting calls all playoffs, but that all changed once they faced Maimi.

Of course, for the 1st time since 1996, I didn't watch the Finals in 2006... even though I am a fan of the NBA... I can honestly say I had more important things I had to do, and that finals match up was just kind of boring.

ponky
04-26-2007, 11:37 AM
No, but from a biased observer (I didn't want the Spurs in the Finals last year), even I could see that they got screwed last year against the MAVS... Mavs were getting calls all playoffs, but that all changed once they faced Maimi.

Of course, for the 1st time since 1996, I didn't watch the Finals in 2006... even though I am a fan of the NBA... I can honestly say I had more important things I had to do, and that finals match up was just kind of boring.

lol, you do realize that duncan received more trips to the line than any other baller, mav or spur, in the series, right? what sucks is that spurs fans only complaing about the officiating of games which they lost. why not complain about the officiating of all the games, even the ones they won, if "mavs were getting calls all playoffs" as you suggest?

Trainwreck2100
04-26-2007, 11:38 AM
Davis knew the game was over, i think he's just trying to influence the calls for the next game.

ponky
04-26-2007, 11:43 AM
I have no pity for Baron Davis. These are the fucking Playoffs and you're in good position to make a run against the best team in the league. You don't get cute with the refs in the third quarter, especially after you've been warned.

The Warriors are a talented group of athletes but their downfall will be their own stupidity. They fell apart last night. Maybe if they had a coach who took these games seriously, they'd actually have the serious chance of knocking out the Mavs that Dallas sports radio types have been so quick to give them.

bingo! one of the reasons i was so happy to see nellie go was because of his complacency. the guy just sits with his keg belly on the bench and shows no emotion about anything these days. he's pretty content with life so why get all into a game like it's such a big deal? of course, nellie loves to play mind games with the media but that's as much as he'll do, i don't really think he's into coaching much...as for the team itself, they certainly are a talented group capable of giving the mavericks everything and then some but it's no coincidence that my bf and i were laughing before the game about how long it would be before sjax was ejected...we took beer bets and sure enough, he lost his cool again

mFFL03
04-26-2007, 11:56 AM

don't worry about it, even less people were watching everytime you were in the finals, now THAT was BORING bball

judaspriestess
04-26-2007, 12:32 PM

its only Stern that you believe loves dallas. Living in Vegas which is not only a national destination but a worldwide destination. I believe I've only met TWO dallas fans in the past 13 years and the one dork I actually had a 30 second conversation with was just sooooooo proud of beating the Spurs last year in the WCF, typical small mind. There is NO love for the pricks outside of dallas Texas. There is nothing to like. There is a whole lot of Spurs fans here though as there is through out the country.

jacobdrj
04-26-2007, 12:38 PM
don't worry about it, even less people were watching every time you were in the finals, now THAT was BORING bball

A) I was never in the Finals.
B) If by 'you', you mean the Detroit Pistons: When the Pistons were in the Finals against the Lakers in 2004, the ratings were the highest they had been since 1998, not to mention against the Pacers the previous series, which set cable TV records for NBA games.

I would have thought, coming from a Dallas Maverick fan, that understanding that Defense is the most interesting basketball. Not to mention, that it wins more too...

TonyParkerSux
04-26-2007, 12:59 PM
its only Stern that you believe loves dallas. Living in Vegas which is not only a national destination but a worldwide destination. I believe I've only met TWO dallas fans in the past 13 years and the one dork I actually had a 30 second conversation with was just sooooooo proud of beating the Spurs last year in the WCF, typical small mind. There is NO love for the pricks outside of dallas Texas. There is nothing to like. There is a whole lot of Spurs fans here though as there is through out the country.

wow. talk about completely mising the point. did you even read at all the posts to which you are responding?? are you aware of what sarcasm is? :rolleyes

ratm1221
04-26-2007, 02:57 PM

This post is idiotic. And she has the nerve to say that someone else has a small brain? You, ma'am, are clueless.

ratm1221
04-26-2007, 02:59 PM
wow. talk about completely mising the point. did you even read at all the posts to which you are responding?? are you aware of what sarcasm is? :rolleyes

Haha, I know. Everyone else got it. Just let her be. (whispers) *she's one of the "special" people*

Rosie O'Donnell
04-26-2007, 03:04 PM
The game was officiated fairly.

mFFL03
04-26-2007, 03:23 PM
A) I was never in the Finals.
B) If by 'you', you mean the Detroit Pistons: When the Pistons were in the Finals against the Lakers in 2004, the ratings were the highest they had been since 1998, not to mention against the Pacers the previous series, which set cable TV records for NBA games.

I would have thought, coming from a Dallas Maverick fan, that understanding that Defense is the most interesting basketball. Not to mention, that it wins more too...

hmmm...highest in the detroit area? or overall?

...and if they are overall, you can thank the lakers for that. people were rooting against the lakers, but not for the pistons.

now we just treat the pistons like the cafeteria lady....you see her everyday...maybe you two make eye contact, maybe you don't....in the end you really couldn't give a flying flip if she was there or not....the pistons are pretty much that meaningless

jacobdrj
04-26-2007, 11:04 PM
hmmm...highest in the detroit area? or overall?

...and if they are overall, you can thank the lakers for that. people were rooting against the lakers, but not for the pistons.

now we just treat the pistons like the cafeteria lady....you see her everyday...maybe you two make eye contact, maybe you don't....in the end you really couldn't give a flying flip if she was there or not....the pistons are pretty much that meaningless

Why are you even arguing this? All I said is that I had no interest in the 2006 Finals, and even though I have watched every one since 1996, it was odd that I had no interest in it... it wasn't a personal attack, or even an attack at either franchise.

However, I am simply dispelling the myth that nobody watched. And had the 2004 ECF not had the ratings it did (http://sports.espn.go.com/nba/playoffs2004/news/story?id=1815347) , you might have been right about the 2004 finals. And those were overall, not local. But the Lakers were in 3 other finals with similar, but lower, ratings. (http://www.answers.com/topic/national-basketball-association-nielsen-ratings)
Teamwork sells. Intensity, on both sides of the floor, is more interesting than a layup line. Defenseless basketball gets real boring real fast. You need balance, for both interest, and for winning.

It is also a myth that the Pistons are bad on offense. They were just efficient under the Carlisle through Brown era. Just not allot of possessions.

As a Mav fan, do you hold an inferiority complex towards fans of teams that have already had their team win? Will it stop once they win a title? We don't know, scientifically from Heat fans, being that there really weren't any before 2004 (based on how empty the arenas were, even when they were really good going all the way back to the Jordan era...) And I am not old enough to know how Spurs Fans reacted pre-championship, and it is a completely different story, because, like Sacramento, they are a 1 sport town...

The Lake Show
04-26-2007, 11:12 PM
The game was officiated fairly.

why did you choose to name yourself Rosie O'Donnell?

dieman8686
04-27-2007, 03:28 AM
Why are you even arguing this? All I said is that I had no interest in the 2006 Finals, and even though I have watched every one since 1996, it was odd that I had no interest in it... it wasn't a personal attack, or even an attack at either franchise.

However, I am simply dispelling the myth that nobody watched. And had the 2004 ECF not had the ratings it did (http://sports.espn.go.com/nba/playoffs2004/news/story?id=1815347) , you might have been right about the 2004 finals. And those were overall, not local. But the Lakers were in 3 other finals with similar, but lower, ratings. (http://www.answers.com/topic/national-basketball-association-nielsen-ratings)
Teamwork sells. Intensity, on both sides of the floor, is more interesting than a layup line. Defenseless basketball gets real boring real fast. You need balance, for both interest, and for winning.

It is also a myth that the Pistons are bad on offense. They were just efficient under the Carlisle through Brown era. Just not allot of possessions.

As a Mav fan, do you hold an inferiority complex towards fans of teams that have already had their team win? Will it stop once they win a title? We don't know, scientifically from Heat fans, being that there really weren't any before 2004 (based on how empty the arenas were, even when they were really good going all the way back to the Jordan era...) And I am not old enough to know how Spurs Fans reacted pre-championship, and it is a completely different story, because, like Sacramento, they are a 1 sport town...
Once more, just the plain fact that it was the Lakers. The previous Laker Finals were boring because everyone knew who would win( come on... three in a row is big for a Laker fan, but boring for everyong else). In 2004 the Lakers changed dramatically, it was like a dreamteam (too bad they were mostly old), they had Malone and "the GLove", combined with Shack(q) and Kobe. Now please don't tell me this shit doesn't sell...
Oh and it wasn't the teamwork idea that you used was the reason that sold ratings. What happened with the Spur's Final matchup, why didn't they sell there?

jacobdrj
04-27-2007, 04:54 AM
Once more, just the plain fact that it was the Lakers. The previous Laker Finals were boring because everyone knew who would win( come on... three in a row is big for a Laker fan, but boring for everyong else). In 2004 the Lakers changed dramatically, it was like a dreamteam (too bad they were mostly old), they had Malone and "the GLove", combined with Shack(q) and Kobe. Now please don't tell me this shit doesn't sell...
Oh and it wasn't the teamwork idea that you used was the reason that sold ratings. What happened with the Spur's Final matchup, why didn't they sell there?
And again, you ignored the comments about the 2004 ECF... with link no less...

mFFL03
04-27-2007, 09:39 AM

Wow.... I love the line "I am not old enough to know...." pretty much sums everything nicely.

Oh, and I love references....Wikipedia. Great one mate!

And with that, the defense rests your honor.

jacobdrj
04-27-2007, 11:14 AM
Wow.... I love the line "I am not old enough to know...." pretty much sums everything nicely.

Oh, and I love references....Wikipedia. Great one mate!

And with that, the defense rests your honor.
Since when is ESPN the same as Wikipedia? Are you stupid?

mFFL03
04-27-2007, 11:18 AM
Since when is ESPN the same as Wikipedia? Are you stupid?

::still resting::