PDA

View Full Version : Baron's ejection

SpursDynasty
04-25-2007, 11:34 PM
The referees ruined another great game by trying to be big shots by ejecting the top player on a playoff squad. People pay to see these athletes play. Should Baron Davis have been ejected for clapping?

judaspriestess
04-25-2007, 11:41 PM
Eventually, the fans of the NBA will grow tired, sorry even more tired of a team that has so much help from the refs and a bully owner.

dallas mavpricks are sorry sports.

Findog
04-25-2007, 11:42 PM
Up by 11, getting their asses handed to them, Mr. Glass hacks on a breakaway and decides this is his chance to ice those creaky knees.

Mavs found out the hard way last year you can't lose your composure. Warriors showed tonite they can't handle the playoff pressure.

SpursDynasty
04-25-2007, 11:46 PM
Up by 11, getting their asses handed to them, Mr. Glass hacks on a breakaway and decides this is his chance to ice those creaky knees.

Mavs found out the hard way last year you can't lose your composure. Warriors showed tonite they can't handle the playoff pressure.

This poll is about whether or not Baron Davis should have gotten ejected for clapping. Nothing else.

But if you want to talk about handling playoff pressure, Dallas was 0-5 in their last 5 playoff games, and won 1 tonight in a game in which the best player from GS who owned them in Game 1 got ejected.

resistanze
04-25-2007, 11:53 PM
It's scary that SpursDynasty is dropping knowledge :lol

Fillmoe
04-25-2007, 11:53 PM
they fucked over b diddy and the warriors

PM5K
04-25-2007, 11:56 PM
Who knows, we didn't hear a single thing that Baron had said or anything the referees said...

Amarelooms
04-26-2007, 12:01 AM
Dude should have got ejected much earlier....complaining after clear fouls. Mavs need to take it to the rim...the refs hate the Warriors now...bunch of thugs they are.

NorCal510
04-26-2007, 12:02 AM
what a bullshit call

fuck the refs!

Findog
04-26-2007, 12:12 AM
This poll is about whether or not Baron Davis should have gotten ejected for clapping. Nothing else.

But if you want to talk about handling playoff pressure, Dallas was 0-5 in their last 5 playoff games, and won 1 tonight in a game in which the best player from GS who owned them in Game 1 got ejected.

Mr. Glass WANTED to get ejected. That's some leadership -- down by 11, your team slipping away and needs you to have any shot at mounting a comeback, and you wilt like a flower. Immaturity, lack of leadership, undisciplined offense, just jacking up jumpers....Mavs in 6.

monosylab1k
04-26-2007, 12:14 AM
Who knows, we didn't hear a single thing that Baron had said or anything the referees said...

if you can read lips you know that he yelled "bullshit" at least 3 times at the refs, once right to his face, prior to the clapping incident.

ponky
04-26-2007, 12:29 AM
Eventually, the fans of the NBA will grow tired, sorry even more tired of a team that has so much help from the refs and a bully owner.

dallas mavpricks are sorry sports.

you are fucking moron. the duncan ejection was bullshit but you do realize that salvatore warned nellie that he wasn't going to be upstaged by the warriors right? crawford didn't warn duncan, he just looked for an opp to eject duncan. salvatore listened to a lot of bullshit from davis before ejecting him. if davis or any other player thought that jc's suspension meant a free license to mock the refs whenever they felt like it, they're wrong and you're stupid if you believe this as well

DubMcDub
04-26-2007, 12:32 AM
Anyone who thinks that an ejection wasn't warranted after the ref tells the coach "calm down your guy or i'm going to eject him" needs to stop watching basketball.

I don't care what it's for, clapping, making a face, or standing on one foot. If the ref gives a clear warning and says "stop or you're gone" and the guy doesn't do it, then the ref is COMPLETELY justified in tossing him.

ponky
04-26-2007, 12:33 AM
if you can read lips you know that he yelled "bullshit" at least 3 times at the refs, once right to his face, prior to the clapping incident.

lol, he also said bitch a couple of times...barnes was trying to cover sjax's face with a towel for a reason

i love how spursdynasty always makes his polls private...probably busy making new member names to skew the results

nkdlunch
04-26-2007, 12:38 AM
It's not about the ejection. more about the 1st tech on both.

and the way the refs let it out of control since the 1st tech. lopsided as it was. they pretty much took Baron + Jacks(which is an easy one) out of the game.

I mean comeon. Diop is the one who started shit, TErry of course, bitch that he is followed. Baron was just trying to break that shit up.

BS.

ponky
04-26-2007, 12:39 AM

and the way the refs let it out of control since the 1st tech. lopsided as it was. they pretty much took Baron + Jacks(which is an easy one) out of the game.

I mean comeon. Diop is the one who started shit, TErry of course, bitch that he is followed. Baron was just trying to break that shit up.

BS.

baron was trying to break what shit up? the arguing between diop and terry? i mean breaking up some shit would involve another warrior right? so please explain.

E20
04-26-2007, 12:40 AM
Yup, he deserved it. The whole Warriors team was giving the refs lip all night. To enforce the policy of the NBA the whole Warriors team should have gotten techs. After every possesion the refs would be bombarded with questions from Nelson and every player. Jackson's ejection was justified too. I mean COME ON Davis was asking for it, Jackson was, Barnes was, Richardson was. It was so blatant and in your face.

E20
04-26-2007, 12:41 AM
The whole sequence was that Terry drove and Barnes swiped at him after the foul, then Terry said something and Baron came up defending Barnes. Diop and Jackson got in it by seperating them. Barnes wasn't hit anything yet he should have been.

Findog
04-26-2007, 12:42 AM

BS.

If you have a tech, it's up to you to keep your fucking mouth shut and maintain your composure. You're down by 11, your team isn't playing well, you commit an obvious foul and bait the ref until he throws you out.

All of this obscures that Dallas played its normal game instead of trying to play smallball with Nellie. Mavs in 6. You'd better hope for your sake you draw Houston instead of us because you know we're a tougher matchup than the Rockets.

Findog
04-26-2007, 12:42 AM
Yup, he deserved it. The whole Warriors team was giving the refs lip all night. To enforce the policy of the NBA the whole Warriors team should have gotten techs. After every possesion the refs would be bombarded with questions from Nelson and every player. Jackson's ejection was justified too. I mean COME ON Davis was asking for it, Jackson was, Barnes was, Richardson was. It was so blatant and in your face.

Finally, a Mavs-hating, non-homer, rational Spurs fan. Kudos to you sir.

ponky
04-26-2007, 12:44 AM

Thank you! I see a huge difference between ejecting Duncan and ejecting Sjax/Davis who had plenty of advanced warning and talked a lot of shit before their ejections.

RonMexico
04-26-2007, 12:47 AM
Thank you! I see a huge difference between ejecting Duncan and ejecting Sjax/Davis who had plenty of advanced warning and talked a lot of shit before their ejections.

Of course there is difference, but Bennett was weak to make that call on Baron from the other side of the floor. S-Jax... really couldn't see what he was saying to finally put them over the edge. I think S-Jax was pissed that refs kept making calls out of position, which is a very odd thing for NBA refs to do since they are very territorial out there.

Aggie Hoopsfan
04-26-2007, 12:47 AM
Yup, he deserved it. The whole Warriors team was giving the refs lip all night. To enforce the policy of the NBA the whole Warriors team should have gotten techs. After every possesion the refs would be bombarded with questions from Nelson and every player.

ponky, you really thought he was serious when he said this? :lol

Did you know gullible isn't in the dictionary?

Findog
04-26-2007, 12:50 AM

Well, if he's a sarcastic troll, then I'm disappointed there are so few rational non-homer Spurs fans. If it was the other way around, you'd be applauding the decision to toss Howard and Terry for pulling the same stunt. Their presence wouldn't have made a difference.

monosylab1k
04-26-2007, 01:02 AM
Well, if he's a sarcastic troll, then I'm disappointed there are so few rational non-homer Spurs fans. If it was the other way around, you'd be applauding the decision to toss Howard and Terry for pulling the same stunt. Their presence wouldn't have made a difference.

Exactly. If this is Dirk and Howard getting tossed, then every Spurs fan here would be calling it legitimate. And if it was Harris and Terry getting thrown out, they'd be writing checks to give Bennett Salvatore the pay raise that he so obviously deserves.

ponky
04-26-2007, 01:04 AM
Of course there is difference, but Bennett was weak to make that call on Baron from the other side of the floor. S-Jax... really couldn't see what he was saying to finally put them over the edge. I think S-Jax was pissed that refs kept making calls out of position, which is a very odd thing for NBA refs to do since they are very territorial out there.

S-Jax should've stayed out of it but I understand what you're saying about the first tech, I haven't reviewed the tape too closely so you probably have a point. BUT, after getting a first tech, whether warranted or not, you don't keep talking shit and acting like an idiot and SJax is not necessarily the kind of guy to keep cool so I'm not suprised he couldn't keep his trap shut. That's his fault, he could've easily stayed in the game and finished it.

ponky
04-26-2007, 01:06 AM

too much hefe-weizen and not reading the entire post...whatever

spursdynasty has been very quiet...busy skewing those stats in the poll

RonMexico
04-26-2007, 01:06 AM
I don't know which I would rather pay for... a check to Bennett for throwing out Harris and Terry... or a chance to sit in a room full of Mavs fans as they throw temper tantrums while he does...

Part of my new "Ron Wonders..." section on SpursTalk.

RonMexico
04-26-2007, 01:08 AM
S-Jax should've stayed out of it but I understand what you're saying about the first tech, I haven't reviewed the tape too closely so you probably have a point. BUT, after getting a first tech, whether warranted or not, you don't keep talking shit and acting like an idiot and SJax is not necessarily the kind of guy to keep cool so I'm not suprised he couldn't keep his trap shut. That's his fault, he could've easily stayed in the game and finished it.

I thought he kept talking because he was giving up out there and slowlky realized that the team wasn't going to survive without some kind of leadership (which we all know he can't provide... unless he's leading the line into a strip club)... but then he kept talking shit on the way to the locker room, which - while exciting - completely dumbfounded me.

ponky
I don't know which I would rather pay for... a check to Bennett for throwing out Harris and Terry... or a chance to sit in a room full of Mavs fans as they throw temper tantrums while he does...

Part of my new "Ron Wonders..." section on SpursTalk.

a room full of suns fans crying because their little mvp can't buy a foul...or maybe a room full of shawn marions crying because nobody appweciates dem

E20
too much hefe-weizen and not reading the entire post...whatever

spursdynasty has been very quiet...busy skewing those stats in the poll
I was being half-serious. I was rooting for the Mavs, for personal reasons I dont' want to explain. Sure the Mavs got the favorable calls, but it comes with HCA, expect the Warriors to get it @ Oakland. I thought some techs were warranted while others won't.

ponky
04-26-2007, 01:10 AM
I thought he kept talking because he was giving up out there and slowlky realized that the team wasn't going to survive without some kind of leadership (which we all know he can't provide... unless he's leading the line into a strip club)... but then he kept talking shit on the way to the locker room, which - while exciting - completely dumbfounded me.

lol, my bf and i were taking beer bets on how long it would take for sjax to get ejected in this game way before the ejection...i won :)

have a good night ron, congrats on your team's playoff run success thus far

RonMexico
04-26-2007, 01:13 AM
a room full of suns fans crying because their little mvp can't buy a foul...or maybe a room full of shawn marions crying because nobody appweciates dem

Nicely played. I see your Marion and raise you a Dirk ankle-roll (which was Duncan's 6th foul in that game last year... whistled by none other than Joey Crawford...!!).

Nighty night as well.

monosylab1k
04-26-2007, 01:13 AM

or a room full of amare stoudemire's wondering what tree bark is made of.

RonMexico
04-26-2007, 01:15 AM
or a room full of amare stoudemire's wondering what tree bark is made of.

These are basketball games, not telethons... we don't have that kind of time.

However, the length could be topped by Jason Terry trying to make a pre-game eating decision in a room full of "some kind of chicken."

Dirk Nowitzki
04-26-2007, 01:42 AM
:clap :clap :clap :clap :clap The Mavs getting hate theads again! GOD I LOVE MY BOYS! I FUCKING LOVE THEM!

Carrot Top
04-26-2007, 01:59 AM
:clap :clap :clap :clap :clap GOD I LOVE BOYS! I FUCKING LOVE THEM!

Shank
04-26-2007, 02:01 AM
That's about as funny as a real Carrot Top joke.

LEONARD
04-26-2007, 08:22 AM
Another genius thread brought to you by SpursDynasty...

What a bunch of whiny bitches...good grief...

BS.

right...because getting hacked by 2 different players AFTER this whistle is no biggie. Davis was being a punk and Barnes followed...the play was dead. Terry had every right to be pissed about it...

BUMP
04-26-2007, 08:28 AM
God, the Spurs fans throw tantrums when the Mavs win. i now know why. if the Mavs and Spurs meet in the Western Conference they know that their season will end

WORRY ABOUT YOUR OWN SERIES SPUR FANS. YOU MIGHT NOT EVEN WIN IT :lol

boutons_
04-26-2007, 08:29 AM
Baron knew Tim got ejected for laughing.

Don tried to stop Baron from clapping, but he kept on clapping, sarcastically taunting and mocking the refs. As important as he was in Game1, as the team leader and spark plug, he totally failed his team.

LEONARD
04-26-2007, 08:34 AM
Baron knew Tim got ejected for laughing.

Don tried to stop Baron from clapping, but he kept on clapping, sarcastically taunting and mocking the refs. As important as he was in Game1, as the team leader and spark plug, he totally failed his team.

You might be banned for saying that!! BLASPHEMY!!

:lol :lol

monosylab1k
04-26-2007, 08:37 AM
I can't wait till game 3 when Golden State gets every call, shoots 40+ FT's, and every Mavs fan is screaming conspiracy and every Spurs fan goes back to "hey, Golden State was aggressive, quit whining" completely forgetting their little pissypants bitch-fest of last night.

Bdiddy
04-26-2007, 08:53 AM
wow lot of mav fans in this board. funniest thing is they are more concerned on defending the refs than actually celebrating win game #2 hehe.

congrats mavs. but you're coming into our house now. and hopefully Salvatore will not come with you.

Findog
04-26-2007, 09:14 AM
wow lot of mav fans in this board. funniest thing is they are more concerned on defending the refs than actually celebrating win game #2 hehe.

congrats mavs. but you're coming into our house now. and hopefully Salvatore will not come with you.

No, the spurs trolls want to bitch and whine about the officiating and obscure that we shot 1-16 from three point land, hardly played a perfect game, and still handled our business. We're 12-8 against playoff teams on the road this year. Best mark in the league. We'll bring it.

mFFL03
04-26-2007, 09:36 AM
wow.....undeserving T's? Mavs fan's should remember when Dirk got a T from sitting on the bench this year, for saying a couple of words....but laughing at a ref, clapping at a ref with a goofy face on....is completley legit

gtfo

baron deserved it, stop treating NBA OFFICIAL REFEREE'S like busboys....

i hope there is a suspension too for unorderly conduct, you just can't f'bomb up the place just because you think something is wrong.

you try to mock or yell at them in any other sport and you'll be ejected or hit with a "personal foul"

I like it, its helping take the thug out of the thug persay

Holmes_Fans
04-26-2007, 04:46 PM
Seriously, there are people defending Baron Davis on his ejection? Go back and look at the final minute of the 3rd quarter. He already had a technical, so he knew they wouldn’t eject him, right? So, he fouls Josh Howard and yells right in the face of a ref who looks the other way. He fouls Jerry Stackhouse, and screams when called for the foul. He then stands and claps at the ref for no fewer than 10 seconds. He was warned, and his coach told him to knock it off, too. And people thought the ref got carried away? There is a dude who lost his head.

LEONARD
04-26-2007, 04:47 PM
Seriously, there are people defending Baron Davis on his ejection? Go back and look at the final minute of the 3rd quarter. He already had a technical, so he knew they wouldn’t eject him, right? So, he fouls Josh Howard and yells right in the face of a ref who looks the other way. He fouls Jerry Stackhouse, and screams when called for the foul. He then stands and claps at the ref for no fewer than 10 seconds. He was warned, and his coach told him to knock it off, too. And people thought the ref got carried away? There is a dude who lost his head.

Bob!!!!! :lol

Rosie O'Donnell
04-26-2007, 04:48 PM
Golden state warriors or San Antonio Warriors :dizzy :dizzy :dizzy

TheSanityAnnex
04-26-2007, 04:54 PM
How did Diop not get a Tech? He was the only one that deserved one.

monosylab1k
04-26-2007, 04:58 PM
How did Diop not get a Tech? He was the only one that deserved one.

He did get one.

TheSanityAnnex
04-26-2007, 04:59 PM
He did get one.He should have been the only one during that scruffle. Wasn't his just an offsetting tech?

DubMcDub
04-26-2007, 05:31 PM
Golden state warriors or San Antonio Warriors :dizzy :dizzy :dizzy

So fucking true. :lol :lol :lol

I'm wondering what part of Oakland/NorCal all these SpursTalk posters are from. :rolleyes

u2sarajevo
04-26-2007, 05:41 PM
I LOVE it when opponent fans (and their apparent adopted friends....) bitch and moan about refs because that means they lost.

And when the other team loses that makes me happy.

ratm1221
04-26-2007, 07:15 PM
I can't believe SpursDynasty would go as far as creating 65 different accounts to vote on this thread.

confined
04-26-2007, 07:17 PM
ok whoever voted yes in this pole needs to stop being a warrior/spurs homer and realize that you CAN NOT taunt an offical without getting a technical...that is just flat out rude and disrespectful...this is why stern tried to put forth a no-tolerance rule about bitching to officals,it gets annoying EXTREMELY fast and baron showed why the hornets decided to trade him...his ego is FAR too big and he is a ball-hog when his team is trailing, and anyone who knows anything about the personalities in the NBA knows that jackson is a flat out thug

SpursDynasty
04-26-2007, 08:55 PM
I did not create multiple accounts. This is only the 2nd account I've ever had bc the first one got banned for being pro-Spurs.

Why would I create a poll just to get on it with multiple accounts, vote, and then go oohhh look at all those votes! :rolleyes