PDA

View Full Version : Reggie Miller / Dick Stockton...

LEONARD
04-26-2007, 08:40 AM
the worst combo in pro sports? I lost track of Stockton's fuck ups at about a dozen...by halftime. He constantly ID's the wrong players, wrong team name, wrong foul calls, etc etc. And teamed with Miller who has absolutely NOTHING to offer...has to make them the worst broadcasting team in sports. Stockton is bad doing football (poor Moose!)...even worse doing basketball...

steppy
04-26-2007, 08:41 AM
You noticed that about Stockton too? He did the Spurs games for a while and I couldn't take it after about the first month. I think he's senile.

monosylab1k
04-26-2007, 08:42 AM
the worst combo in pro sports? I lost track of Stockton's fuck ups at about a dozen...by halftime. He constantly ID's the wrong players, wrong team name, wrong foul calls, etc etc. And teamed with Miller who has absolutely NOTHING to offer...has to make them the worst broadcasting team in sports. Stockton is bad doing football (poor Moose!)...even worse doing basketball...

Stockton and Miller were awful, but they're no match for how bad Fratello was the game before.

JMarkJohns
04-26-2007, 08:56 AM
Miller has been away tending to his mother's funeral and his family following her death. He's been away from sports for a few days and wasn't caught up enough to do a good job tonight. I tend to enjoy Miller. He's not great, but he's certainly no bum like Mark Jackson or Tim Hardaway (when he was an analyst).

Give Miller some time. I'm sure he'll get his act together.

LEONARD
04-26-2007, 09:03 AM
I know that...sorry to hear it...but Miller has always had nothing...

NBA Junkie
04-26-2007, 09:09 AM
I was just happy that I didn't have to listen to the whiney voice of Doug Collins last night.

mFFL03
04-26-2007, 09:39 AM
god I was getting pissed off too....they actually turned on the "radio" broadcast in my bar for a couple of minutes.....

but that just didn't sound right.....and then everyone just kind of zoned out the commentary and focused on their yelling

stretch
04-26-2007, 09:55 AM
I never really minded Miller. But Stockton sucked ass.

I H8 Mavs Fans
04-26-2007, 10:24 AM
Leave it up to Mavs fans to not appreciate Dick Stockton's tenure as a broadcaster. He fucks up cause he's old, but he's better than half the jerks out there.

LEONARD
04-26-2007, 10:34 AM
Leave it up to Mavs fans to not appreciate Dick Stockton's tenure as a broadcaster. He fucks up cause he's old, but he's better than half the jerks out there.

Right...it's just me, and other Mavs fans...genius...

When you fuck up every other sentence, it's time to call it quits...

I H8 Mavs Fans
04-26-2007, 10:41 AM
Right...it's just me, and other Mavs fans...genius...

When you fuck up every other sentence, it's time to call it quits...

And yet, here you stay.

LEONARD
04-26-2007, 10:42 AM
is that supposed to make sense?

I H8 Mavs Fans
04-26-2007, 10:44 AM
is that supposed to make sense?

Time to call it quits.

jacobdrj
04-26-2007, 11:27 AM
Are you guys joking? I was so relived that Marv/Kerr/Walton/Hubie/Barry/etc... wasn't doing it! I could actually listen to the commentary without tearing my ears out. I'll take these guys over just about anyone... Except the duo that did the 1st Raptors Nets game. Those 2 were great. Who did the 1st raptor/nets game? Anybody know? I think all of the ABC games should be with that crew.

Trainwreck2100
04-26-2007, 11:40 AM
Are you guys joking? I was so relived that Marv/Kerr/Walton/Hubie/Barry/etc... wasn't doing it! I could actually listen to the commentary without tearing my ears out. I'll take these guys over just about anyone... Except the duo that did the 1st Raptors Nets game. Those 2 were great. Who did the 1st raptor/nets game? Anybody know? I think all of the ABC games should be with that crew.

Those two were Raptors homers, the Raptors aren't even good enough to have homers

jacobdrj
04-26-2007, 11:49 AM
It was a color commentator I didn't recognize and a play by play guy I didn't recognize either.
It was very insightful and fresh commentary.

Carrot Top
04-26-2007, 12:05 PM
Reggie was great way better than that Spurs hommer Kerr.

LEONARD
04-26-2007, 12:16 PM
Stockton's 1st quarter fuck ups...

11:33 - Out of bounds. Says Dallas ball. Actually GS ball.

(That didn't take long)

8:58 - "Warriors looking to take the lead." They already lead 8-7.

7:58 - "You want to be focused going into this game, but the match-ups don't work." Huh?
Bonus from Reggie Miller saying Monta Ellis was a "doe in the headlights" in game 1.

7:41 - "Al Harrington hit in the face by Dampier." It was Harris, who was the only Maverick on that end of the floor.

6:31 - "The Warriors coming back with 2 baskets, trailing by 4." It was the Mavs.

6:05 - "And the foul will be on Diop." It was on Harris.

4:15 - "Foul on Diop and that will be his second." It was his first.

mardigan
04-26-2007, 12:20 PM
Maybe, but the combo of Fratelo and whoever that dipshit with him was where almost immposible to listen to. All Fratello does is state the obvious "Well thats the benefit of getting fouled, you get to shoot free throws". I almost destroyed my tv last night. At least Reggie has NBA storys and insight. Plus his mom died like yesterday, so maybe you should cut him some slack

LEONARD
04-26-2007, 12:27 PM
Plus his mom died like yesterday, so maybe you should cut him some slack

He's sucked from day 1...I already said I was sorry to hear about his mom... ;)

SpursDynasty
04-26-2007, 12:37 PM

Don't hate on Reggie Miller just because he gave GS credit for what they've done this series.

LEONARD
04-26-2007, 12:40 PM
Don't hate on Reggie Miller just because he gave GS credit for what they've done this series.

LMAO...where did I say that??

You're a no-reading dumbfuck, Jeff...

How about Miller stating in the 1st quarter that Baron Davis was taking Wade's role from the finals last year...lmao...tap the brakes dude...

judaspriestess
04-26-2007, 12:43 PM
so who's your ideal commentators? Have mark cuban post it on his blog and *snap* you shall have! :madrun

LEONARD
04-26-2007, 12:44 PM
so who's your ideal commentators? Have mark cuban post it on his blog and *snap* you shall have! :madrun

Most of them suck, but Miller - Stockton is awful...

Good one...but Cuban doesn't really talk b-ball on his blog anymore...

mardigan
04-26-2007, 12:45 PM
LMAO...where did I say that??

You're a no-reading dumbfuck, Jeff...

How about Miller stating in the 1st quarter that Baron Davis was taking Wade's role from the finals last year...lmao...tap the brakes dude...
Well thats the role he has played so far in the series. He has basically looked like Dwane against the Mavs

T-Pain
04-26-2007, 12:47 PM
i like kevin harlan, hes awesome behind the mic...

MANU GINOBILI!!!! RIGHT BETWEEN THE EYES!!!!!!!!!!!!

LEONARD
04-26-2007, 12:48 PM
Well thats the role he has played so far in the series. He has basically looked like Dwane against the Mavs

in 1 game...he imploded in the other...a bit premature to tag him as the Mavs killer... ;)

Carrot Top
04-26-2007, 12:50 PM
in 1 game...he imploded in the other...a bit premature to tag him as the Mavs killer... ;)

Agreed there is only one D Wade.

LEONARD
04-26-2007, 01:12 PM
How about Miller not "getting it" both times Stockton mentioned that Nellie was downplaying his team's chances to the media while telling his team otherwise. Said they had a better chance to get struck by lightning than win game 2, etc. Miller was so lost... :lol :lol

angel_luv
04-26-2007, 01:14 PM
I know that...sorry to hear it...but Miller has always had nothing...

Ditto that.

Oh no- I agree with Leonard- somebody save me!

J/K Leo :lol

LEONARD
04-26-2007, 01:17 PM
Ditto that.

Oh no- I agree with Leonard- somebody save me!

J/K Leo :lol

That's not the worst thing in the world is it?? :cry ;)

angel_luv
04-26-2007, 01:21 PM
That's not the worst thing in the world is it?? :cry ;)

Of course not, every dog has his day. You were bound to make sense sometime :)

LEONARD
04-26-2007, 01:48 PM

Awesome :fro

ratm1221
04-26-2007, 02:37 PM
Yeah, I noticed all the F-ups too. I just tried to ignore it, but it was pretty funny. I liked when Reggie said Baron Davis was about to get shown what the shower heads looked like here at American Airlines Center..

sribb43
04-26-2007, 03:36 PM
stockon was awful, he named the wrong team numerous times. Also in the postgame with Chick and Kenny. chuck said mavs won 68 games, then few seconds later Kenny said Mavs won 66.

Rosie O'Donnell
04-26-2007, 03:38 PM

Hello :D :D

leemajors
04-26-2007, 04:09 PM
i like miller in the studio with kenny and charles way more than magic, and i also like his spots he does on the dan patrick show, but i don't think he's that great calling games.

Next Superstar
04-26-2007, 06:54 PM
Stockton was god awful and at the end it seemed like he was pushing for s-jax to get suspended. Barkley just seems to plain hate the warriors. He never gives the warriors credit for anything and then says the mavs will win 4 straight. Im wondering if his fat ass even watches the games.