PDA

View Full Version : How should the fans be punished?

toosmallshoes
11-22-2004, 02:40 AM
Off the top of my head I can think of two things. One is don't allow them to go to a game for the rest of the year. Revoke their season tickets if they have any and give security a picture of the offender to keep him from coming in the doors. Two is more complicated. It seems that Pistons fans came out a lot better as a result of the fracus. Now the Pacers will probably not even make the playoffs and the Pistons lose a talented rival. Somehow the team must also be punished for the behavior of their fans. Maybe just something like No player from their team is allowed to participate in the All Star game. Or refuse Homecourt advantage in the playoffs to any team whose fans come on the court or throw things on the court. The fans apparently need an incentive to behave. Suggestions?

GoSpurs21
11-22-2004, 10:54 AM
immediate ejection from the venue
arrest, manditory fines and jail time ($500 and 2 nights in jail) for anyone found guilty of throwing any objects at players, coaches, refs or onto the court
banned from venue for life (for all activities including hockey games, concerts and everything else that goes on there)
no beer sales for venue for 1/4 of the season and 1st round of playoffs - this ensures that the owners will police the fans better

mysterious_elf26
11-22-2004, 11:05 AM
do you think any of the fans will file any lawsuits??

I don't think they should be able to because the started all this shit. On the news, that fat guy that came on the court was on the news acting as if he was a victim.

As for the suspension, I don't think it was fair. Artest was actually backing away from the fight until he was hit by a drink. And why the fuck was big ben only suspended for 6 games. He started this shit over a foul that wasn't even really that hard compared to other flagrents. And Jackson was hitting the most fans out of all the players. He was going after them no matter it they were involved or not.

Jimcs50
11-22-2004, 11:14 AM
The fans will sue, make no mistake. The kid that was just standing there when Artest attacked him will get at least a million dollars, the old lady on the ground will get a million at least, the two guys that got punched out on the court will get 20k or more. Indy will be in deep shit and will be in court for months and months over this.

CosmicCowboy
11-22-2004, 11:27 AM
http://www.alabev.com/Haakbeck.jpg

near beer

Marcus Bryant
11-22-2004, 11:33 AM
do you think any of the fans will file any lawsuits??

I don't think they should be able to because the started all this shit

So you're just in the seats, minding your own business, and then a couple of players jump into the seats and beat you up. It wasn't an assault, it was just another way the NBA has enhanced the 'game experience'. Yeah.

mysterious_elf26
11-22-2004, 11:46 AM
So you're just in the seats, minding your own business, and then a couple of players jump into the seats and beat you up. It wasn't an assault, it was just another way the NBA has enhanced the 'game experience'. Yeah.

No, I'm not trying to say it's entirely the fans fault. I'm just saying even the ones that started this will sue. But don't put all the fault on the nba either. Hardly any of the fans were innocent. The fans that were not even being attacked were attacking the players. I think there was really only one that was innocent and it was the guy that first got attacked by artest.

the two guys that got punched out on the court will get 20k or more.

I think those two guys could also face charges themselves. The had no right to be on the court and plus they were pretty much daring artest to fight them. They got what they deserve.

spurs_fan_in_exile
11-22-2004, 12:19 PM
While I would gladly see every last jackass who threw something be gone for life, there were just too many idiots for that. The rocket scientists who came out on the court and the person who tossed the first beer-gone for good. And I think that GS21 is onto something with restricting the alcohol sales. I worked at a concession stand at some of the Houston Texans games at Reliant Stadium and the beer vendors were making money hand over fist. Without a doubt its the most profitable racket at these games, and money is typically the language that owners speak.

GoSpurs21
11-22-2004, 02:22 PM
anyone who was struck by a player and there is video proof will get some settlement
anyone who through an olject and there is video proof will get some sort of fine and maybe bannishment from the games for the rest of the season

anyone who was hurt by what they saw will try to get some money from Pistons, Pacers, and NBA

Pistons owner will fight any efforts to limit extremely profitable beer sales

Sportcamper
11-22-2004, 02:30 PM
http://www.student.brad.ac.uk/bagraham/jak%20black%20eye.jpg

Haven’t the fans been punished enough?

Maybe you guys should go back & review what Artest, Stephen Jackson and Jermaine O'Neal did to the fans...Cold cocking innocent people left and right...

NBA Its FAN-Tastic!

toosmallshoes
11-23-2004, 05:09 AM
The fans who threw crap (especially the first crap) and received no blows still need some punishment.

toosmallshoes
11-23-2004, 05:13 AM
the fans who threw punches and came onto the court also have some stuff coming.
And you might say that Pacers fans have something coming because the Pistons will hardley suffer while the Pacers will likely miss the playoffs. So If you want to rid your team of a bitter rival, just start a fight at a game. It appears player involvement is at an all time high. Idiot Pistons fans have helped their team out immeasurably.