PDA

View Full Version : **Official* SpursDynasty / monosylab1k Bet Thread

LEONARD
04-27-2007, 11:39 AM
for all to see...

From This Thread (http://www.spurstalk.com/forums/showthread.php?t=65352)

if Golden State wins this series, I won't post anything on SpursTalk for the remainder of the playoffs. If Dallas wins the series, then you're the one that can't post anything on SpursTalk for the remainder of the playoffs

Oh, and ok. I will not post for the remainder of the playoffs, if GS loses this series. Bookmark this if you want...I don't see the point in making a bet like this though. I am betting on GS.

excellent, i didn't think you'd have the balls to actually do this, but cool.

So the bet is on -

If Dallas loses the series, I will not post again for the rest of the playoffs.

If Golden State loses the series, then SpursDynasty will not post again for the rest of the playoffs.

this bet is on record for all to see now.

Kori...we're gonna need you to keep an eye on IP's after GS is knocked out...

Of course, spotting Jeff takes about ONE post... :lol

Suddenly Spurs fans here are big Mavs fans... :fro

Trainwreck2100
04-27-2007, 11:42 AM
He'll just make another handle

If Golden State loses the series, then SpursDynasty will not post again for the rest of the playoffs.

What an obvious wager loophole

leemajors
04-27-2007, 11:47 AM
i, for one, welcome the return of jeffdrums22 to the board!

monosylab1k
04-27-2007, 11:56 AM
He'll just make another handle

What an obvious wager loophole

Yeah he better not be a little bitch about that.

SpursDynasty, do we also agree that whoever loses this bet will not post AT ALL even with alternate usernames?

bdictjames
04-27-2007, 11:58 AM
That is a very lopsided bet.

I hope Kori takes note of SpursDynasty and monosylab1k's IPs so neither one can go back on their word and make a mule account.

SpursDynasty
04-27-2007, 11:58 AM
Yeah he better not be a little bitch about that.

SpursDynasty, do we also agree that whoever loses this bet will not post AT ALL even with alternate usernames?

I absolutely agree.

I won't come back for the remainder of the playoffs if GS loses the series.

The only reason I ever made this new screenname was bc I got banned from posting on the other one for talking too much "nonsense".

monosylab1k
04-27-2007, 11:59 AM
I absolutely agree.

I won't come back for the remainder of the playoffs if GS loses the series.

The only reason I ever made this new screenname was bc I got banned from posting on the other one.

Okay cool. Same thing applies to me too, obviously.

monosylab1k
04-27-2007, 12:01 PM

I hope Kori takes note of SpursDynasty and monosylab1k's IPs so neither one can go back on their word and make a mule account.

Oh i'll be a man of my word, and I'm sure SpursDynasty will too. But I have nothing to worry about....meanwhile SpursDynasty has about a week of posting left before taking a 2 month break.

leemajors
04-27-2007, 12:03 PM
didn't Kori say the name jeffdrums22 was never banned?

LEONARD
04-27-2007, 01:33 PM

But GS is the favorite I thought?? That's what Jeff said anyway...

for talking too much "nonsense".

I don't believe you... :lol

mardigan
04-27-2007, 01:57 PM
Ballsy move SD, didnt think you had it in ya

J.T.
04-27-2007, 02:09 PM
Suddenly Spurs fans here are big Mavs fans... :fro

I mean, you can say that we are Mav fans, but if you're going to ask me straight up if I think GS will beat Dallas in a playoff series, I just can't say that they will. After they imploded in Game 2, I don't know if they have it in them to stay together long enough to make it a series. Dallas has too much depth and is a really good team, as much as I hate them. So if it comes down to being an idiot Spurs homer or being logical and picking the Mavs, I'll pick the Mavs. They got game 1, good for them. They win one more game in this series, and that's a maybe.

LEONARD
04-27-2007, 02:13 PM
I mean, you can say that we are Mav fans, but if you're going to ask me straight up if I think GS will beat Dallas in a playoff series, I just can't say that they will. After they imploded in Game 2, I don't know if they have it in them to stay together long enough to make it a series. Dallas has too much depth and is a really good team, as much as I hate them. So if it comes down to being an idiot Spurs homer or being logical and picking the Mavs, I'll pick the Mavs. They got game 1, good for them. They win one more game in this series, and that's a maybe.

I doubt if many Spurs fans truly feel like GS will win (especially prior to game 1)...they're just doing a bit...

We all have a common goal here...6 wks or so with no SpursDynasty. :fro

J.T.
04-27-2007, 02:21 PM
I'm glad I was bored out of my skull and made that thread.

SpursDynasty
04-28-2007, 01:03 AM
I guess I'm ahead in this bet for now.

2 more GS wins and monosylab1k is gone from the board for the rest of the play offs.

Johnny_Blaze_47
04-28-2007, 01:08 AM
Goddamnit, now I have to root for the Mavs.

LEONARD
04-30-2007, 09:30 AM
How'd this get to page 4?

Not looking good monosylab1k, as crazy as it seems.

Time for the Mavs to nut up...

SpursDynasty
04-30-2007, 10:14 AM
As far as I'm concerned, I don't care if monosylab1k stays here or not if Dallas loses. He made the bet, so I accepted.

monosylab1k
04-30-2007, 10:18 AM
As far as I'm concerned, I don't care if monosylab1k stays here or not if Dallas loses. He made the bet, so I accepted.

I'm a man of my word, after Tuesday night I won't be posting until after the playoffs are over. Although I think deep down you are just as shocked as everybody else that the Mavericks are losing this series.

pussyface
04-30-2007, 11:10 AM
I'm a man of my word, after Tuesday night I won't be posting until after the playoffs are over. Although I think deep down you are just as shocked as everybody else that the Mavericks are losing this series.

...even after the darkerst night, the sun comes out eventually.

pussyface
04-30-2007, 11:10 AM
darkest night= mavs meltdown
sun= mono going away

Shank
04-30-2007, 11:11 AM
I'll give mono my password and he can post through me if this happens.

monosylab1k
04-30-2007, 11:12 AM
...even after the darkerst night, the sun comes out eventually.

it's always "darkerst" just before pitch black.

monosylab1k
04-30-2007, 11:14 AM
darkest night= mavs meltdown
sun= mono going away

it's always great when your post is so obtuse that you have to make another one right away to explain the first one.

Islymore
04-30-2007, 11:26 AM
it's always "darkerst" just before pitch black.
:lmao oh this tickled me.

SpursDynasty
04-30-2007, 03:36 PM

I'm not shocked about the Warriors winning and being up 3-1. They're just going out and taking care of business.

LEONARD
04-30-2007, 03:38 PM
I'm not shocked about the Warriors winning and being up 3-1. They're just going out and taking care of business.

Of course not...the Warriors were the favorites...

SpursDynasty
04-30-2007, 03:48 PM
Right.

And my other point was that he made the bet, not me. I wasn't making it a point to get anyone off this board. One more loss for Dallas and it's done.

No surprises in this series. Have fun fishing, Dallas Mavs and fans.

LEONARD
04-30-2007, 04:10 PM
Right.

And my other point was that he made the bet, not me. I wasn't making it a point to get anyone off this board. One more loss for Dallas and it's done.

No surprises in this series. Have fun fishing, Dallas Mavs and fans.

LOL...you little fuck. Do I need to remind you of your picks AGAIN??

Before game 1...

I honestly believe GS is the better team when its Dallas v. GS (GS is 6-1 over the last 2 seasons vs Dallas), but not the better team overall vs the rest of the league. Dallas will simply get more calls in the favor. That's just the way it goes. That's why Dallas will win in 6 or 7 games, if they meet.

Warriors will take it 7 if they get in. Not saying they'll win. :lol (WTF does that even mean??)

My prediction is that Dallas will get a couple of calls to go their way though, and win the series.

After game 1...

Every recap of the GS-Dallas game has focused on what Dallas did wrong. How about we stop talking about what the losing teams did wrong, and start giving credit to the team who won? Could it just be that GS is the better team in the series? GS in 6.

I do think GS will eliminate Dallas. GS has won 6 of the last 7 regular season games vs Dallas, not to mention Game 1. It's pretty clear who will win the series.

With GS being the favorite in the series, Dallas could still pull the upset in 7 games. It depends on who gets to the free throw line more.

After game 2...

I predict GS wins, if Baron and Jackson aren't thrown out.

First Duncan, now Baron, and Mavs get handed another cheap victory via star ejection of opposite team.

I know this ejection will not go ignored by the league. Baron did nothing but clap.

GS still has homecourt. Dallas can't depend on the other team's best player (or players) to be ejected every time. Dallas Referees should be the new name of the team.

Good win tonight Dallas, another help by the refs. Cowards.

The Mavs are just getting hollow victories like this - I'll say no more on it, I'll let the rest of the playoffs for Dallas be the example of what I'm talking about.

I'm seriously considering not watching the NBA anymore. What are these games worth with bizarre ejections?

There's a difference between questionable calls (fouls) and downright stupid calls (ejections for doing nothing).

I have never complained about fouls called. There will always be questionable calls that go both ways for both teams.

And like most NBA fans, I don't just watch my own team in the playoffs. I like to watch other playoff games that are fairly and reasonably officiated. Am I worried about SA? No, they'll win in 6. I'd like to see other series officiated reasonably though.

----------------

So before game one you picked Dallas for the most part, except for the pick that makes no sense. The key to being right is to throw out picks both ways before the series starts, and revise after each game...

:lol :lol :lol

HeatFan007
04-30-2007, 06:01 PM
I don't even give a shit who wins this series, I just want mono to go away

monosylab1k
04-30-2007, 09:57 PM
I don't even give a shit who wins this series, I just want mono to go away

Hey look, it's BlowAss007!

HeatFan007
05-01-2007, 12:52 AM
lol, mono's a one trick pony. Got anything else to say?

Amuseddaysleeper
05-01-2007, 12:58 AM
ROFL Leonard.

do me a favor and please put out a book of SpursDynasty quotes

that shit is comedy gold :lol :lol :lol

J.T.
05-01-2007, 01:04 AM
I suggest SpursDynasty's account be edited and his name changed to Flip Flop Anonymous

SpursDynasty
05-01-2007, 01:23 AM
I made many different predictions, including Mavs in 7, BUT saying that they would only win ONLY if they got calls to go in their favor (which they usually do, not the case this series), but right before the series began, I said the Warriors would win. I even made a bet offering to not post on SpursTalk until after the playoffs if the Warriors lose the series.

The Mavs' fake fluke jump shots have stopped falling after falling all season to make them get a deceiving 67-15 record. Baron Davis > Dirk.

LEONARD
05-01-2007, 09:05 AM
ROFL Leonard.

do me a favor and please put out a book of SpursDynasty quotes

that shit is comedy gold :lol :lol :lol

I have many many more... :lol

I suggest SpursDynasty's account be edited and his name changed to Flip Flop Anonymous

:downspin:

LEONARD
05-01-2007, 09:09 AM
I made many different predictions

No shit :lol

including Mavs in 7, BUT saying that they would only win ONLY if they got calls to go in their favor (which they usually do, not the case this series), but right before the series began, I said the Warriors would win.

Of course you did Jeff...you've predicted every possible scenerio at some point... :lol

I even made a bet offering to not post on SpursTalk until after the playoffs if the Warriors lose the series.

Thanks for telling us about the bet...I wasn't aware (hey nutsack, look at the title of this thread!)...

The bet was after game 2, not before the series...

The Mavs' fake fluke jump shots have stopped falling after falling all season to make them get a deceiving 67-15 record. Baron Davis > Dirk.

"Fake fluke jump shots" :lol

Yea yea yea...we all know. Every team had off nights against the Mavs all season, which gave them a fake record. You've been saying that all season...

Baron Davis has certainly outplayed Dirk in this series, but there is no comparison of the 2 players otherwise...

monosylab1k
05-01-2007, 09:11 AM
lol, mono's a one trick pony. Got anything else to say?

the only thing you appear to be educated on is blowing ass, so i try to talk to you about things you're familiar with.

AMAREownsALL
05-01-2007, 09:13 AM
the only thing you appear to be educated on is blowing ass, so i try to talk to you about things you're familiar with.

Mono, going out with a bang before you're toasted?

monosylab1k
05-01-2007, 09:14 AM
Mono, going out with a bang before you're toasted?

yeah i've got some plans.

AMAREownsALL
05-01-2007, 09:15 AM
yeah i've got some plans.

I don't think the DUMP DIRK FOR KG campaign has worked out for ya at all.

monosylab1k
05-01-2007, 09:17 AM
I don't think the DUMP DIRK FOR KG campaign has worked out for ya at all.

it's only one day old.

in all honesty i want my campaign to fail miserably because that means Dirk will have stepped up and taken this team past GS and past the 2nd round as well.

but if this team shits the bed again and Dirk pulls another vanishing act, the DUMP DIRK campaign will have plenty of support.

HeatFan007
05-01-2007, 04:32 PM

You just proved my point. :lol

monosylab1k
05-01-2007, 04:34 PM
You just proved my point. :lol

that all you talk about is blowing ass?

HeatFan007
05-01-2007, 05:11 PM
that all you talk about is blowing ass?

Yeah, that's it. Fuckin idiot, It's obvious you're a Mavs fan. Typical Mavs fan acting like a 2 year old, telling people they love "gay sex" and now doing the whole "say the same thing over and over again" thing. Grow up

HeatFan007
05-04-2007, 12:59 AM
HAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHHAHA get the fuck outta here mono you fuckin loser!! Go "Blow Ass" as you like to say

Cry Havoc
05-04-2007, 01:04 AM
HAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHHAHA get the fuck outta here mono you fuckin loser!! Go "Blow Ass" as you like to say

At least his team won a couple games in the 2007 playoffs.

HeatFan007
05-04-2007, 01:06 AM
I'm not a fuckin Heat fan....it's just what I chose to hide behind. I'm a member at phxsuns.net and a hardcore Suns fan..

schadenfreude52
05-04-2007, 01:11 AM
I'm not a fuckin Heat fan....it's just what I chose to hide behind. I'm a member at phxsuns.net and a hardcore Suns fan..

Oh, I get it. You're worse than a Heat troll. You're a fraud.

HeatFan007
05-04-2007, 01:49 AM
A fraud....because I chose a team that beat the Mavs last season in convincing fashioin just to piss Mavs fans off? That makes me a genius, not a fraud.

HeatFan007
05-04-2007, 01:49 AM
And at least my name doesn't sound like a hot dog, SchadenFreude Sausages

timvp
05-04-2007, 01:50 AM
This might be a top ten ownage in internet history.

SpursDynasty
05-04-2007, 02:01 AM
I won the bet. Warriors won 4-2. No surprises. The Mavs have been overrated all season and most teams had off nights against them.

SAtown
05-04-2007, 02:53 AM
I won the bet. Warriors won 4-2. No surprises. The Mavs have been overrated all season and most teams had off nights against them.

Congrats man. You called this before the regular season was even over. Bye bye LEO

monosylab1k
05-04-2007, 03:18 AM
Alrighty I have one final post after this one, and then I'm out until after the playoffs. I'm a man of my word, I won't post anything until after the Finals are over.

LEONARD
05-04-2007, 03:43 PM
most teams had off nights against them.

fucking stupid... :lol

yea, the Mavs lost...they played like shit. GS played out of their minds...but saying that most teams had off nights about the Mavs all season is fucking dumb...

LEONARD
05-04-2007, 03:43 PM
Congrats man. You called this before the regular season was even over. Bye bye LEO

Huh??

mardigan
05-04-2007, 03:45 PM
He picked the Mavs before the series started. And it was Mono, not Leo who made the bet, hence the name of the thread

Islymore
05-04-2007, 03:46 PM
fucking stupid... :lol

yea, the Mavs lost...they played like shit. GS played out of their minds...but saying that most teams had off nights about the Mavs all season is fucking dumb...

well repeating that is like talkin to a brick wall @ LEONARD, it's gettin you no where.

SD will hold to the "off nights against the Mavs" theory until he dies....

and MARDI... i tell ya... something about you!

LEONARD
05-04-2007, 03:48 PM
He picked the Mavs before the series started

Who? SpursDynasty?

I've already documented his picks in detail. He picked Dallas twice and GS once BEFORE the series started. After game 1, he picked all GS...

mardigan
05-04-2007, 03:50 PM
Who? SpursDynasty?

I've already documented his picks in detail. He picked Dallas twice and GS once BEFORE the series started. After game 1, he picked all GS...
Shouldnt that negate the bet? AT what point did they make it?

mardigan
05-04-2007, 03:53 PM
and MARDI... i tell ya... something about you!
Is this a bad thing?

Islymore
05-04-2007, 03:56 PM
Is this a bad thing?
:nope .... you're my internet crush.... its official!

mardigan
05-04-2007, 03:59 PM
:nope .... you're my internet crush.... its official!
And straight to the friends list with you :lol

LEONARD
05-04-2007, 03:59 PM
Shouldnt that negate the bet? AT what point did they make it?

Before game 1...

I honestly believe GS is the better team when its Dallas v. GS (GS is 6-1 over the last 2 seasons vs Dallas), but not the better team overall vs the rest of the league. Dallas will simply get more calls in the favor. That's just the way it goes. That's why Dallas will win in 6 or 7 games, if they meet.

Warriors will take it 7 if they get in. Not saying they'll win. :dizzy (not even sure wtf this means, but I guess he picked GS :lol)

My prediction is that Dallas will get a couple of calls to go their way though, and win the series.

He basically made about every pick possible, that way he'd be able to claim he was right...

But we already knew SD is hated by all around here :lol

Islymore
05-04-2007, 04:00 PM
dont worry... my boyfriend would so disapprove of such a thing... lol..

mardigan
05-04-2007, 04:02 PM
dont worry... my boyfriend would so disapprove of such a thing... lol..
:lol As would my gf, besides, Spur and Mav fans could never co-exist,or so it was written

mardigan
05-04-2007, 04:02 PM
Before game 1...

:dizzy (not even sure wtf this means, but I guess he picked GS :lol)

He basically made about every pick possible, that way he'd be able to claim he was right...

But we already knew SD is hated by all around here :lol
Fuck all that, this bet shouldnt count, bring back Mono

Islymore
05-04-2007, 04:03 PM
actually my bf is a hardcore Spurfan... it makes for good times!

and yeah bring back Mono..