PDA

View Full Version : Official Dallas Mavericks Offseason Speculation Thread

monosylab1k
04-27-2007, 11:39 PM
Game 3 isn't even over and I've officially crossed over to the dark side. There is no way in hell Dallas can win this series.

So let's go ahead and get started on what we can do this offseason to build a true winner. Unfortunately, I will not be able to participate in this thread for very long because as soon as Dallas loses this series I am banned until the playoffs end.

So what moves can we make guys? Priority number one for me is trading Dirk. The guy has proven time and time again that he's no leader. It's gonna be embarrassing as hell when he hoists the MVP trophy as his team gets their shit handed to them in round 1.

Here's my proposal. Trade Dirk and Howard to Chicago for Tyrus Thomas, Luol Deng, and Chicago's first round pick.

I figure this might intrigue Chicago since they're trading an unproven young player with potential (Thomas) for a star player who can be the missing piece for a team not counting on him for leadership (Dirk). And then Luol Deng is basically Josh Howard, except bigger, stronger, and doesn't have a vagina. And a 1st rounder is a 1st rounder.

My big problem is that I doubt Chicago would make this trade. As a Mavs fan, I'd do it in a heartbeat. This lineup has had 3 years now to prove something, and the only thing they've proven is that they will underperform and choke at will.

I'm going to bed, no need to watch anymore of this shit.

Amuseddaysleeper
04-27-2007, 11:40 PM
mono I know you're pissed, but if dallas takes game 4 you guys are back in it

this is just a tough loss, but I honestly don't think the series is over.

jman3000
04-27-2007, 11:41 PM
the fucking game isn't even over... this thread will just serve as ammunition to those spurs fans who see it fit to call all dallas fans a bunch of band wagoning douche tards.

monosylab1k
04-27-2007, 11:42 PM
mono I know you're pissed, but if dallas takes game 4 you guys are back in it

this is just a tough loss, but I honestly don't think the series is over.

I was pissed but optimistic after game 1. same after game 2. I don't get the same feeling after this one.

Dallas looks like a team that thinks they're entitled to another Finals performance, like they can just fast forward there. This team has never done well as the favorite, they only can succeed as the underdog, which is why they will always fail. We need a new attitude and a true leader on the court.

TRADE DIRK THIS OFFSEASON!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! IT MIGHT BE PAINFUL AT FIRST BUT IT'S FOR THE BEST!!!!!

ducks
04-27-2007, 11:43 PM
barry for howard

Spurminator
04-27-2007, 11:43 PM
It's gonna be embarrassing as hell when he hoists the MVP trophy as his team gets their shit handed to them in round 1.

Come to think of it, when was the last time an MVP was awarded to a player who was out of the Playoffs when the award was presented?

monosylab1k
04-27-2007, 11:44 PM
the fucking game isn't even over... this thread will just serve as ammunition to those spurs fans who see it fit to call all dallas fans a bunch of band wagoning douche tards.

it isn't about bandwagoning dickhead. WHERE THE FUCK did i say i wasn't gonna root for my team because of this?

this is just facing reality and moving on. you've got no fucking clue what bandwagoning is if you think that this is it.

bandwagoning is not giving a shit until your team is good. a true fan gives a shit no matter what, and isn't afraid to be critical when it's painfully obvious.

ShoogarBear
No way is this series even close to being over.

But right now it sure is making me smile real big.

jman3000
Come to think of it, when was the last time an MVP was awarded to a player who was out of the Playoffs when the award was presented?

karl malone? maybe my memory serves me wrong.

ducks
04-27-2007, 11:45 PM
dirk for kg?

monosylab1k
04-27-2007, 11:45 PM
dirk for kg?

after this series, dirk's rep will be ruined. i doubt minnesota would do that deal.

Amuseddaysleeper
04-27-2007, 11:46 PM
karl malone? maybe my memory serves me wrong.

yup, 1999

jman3000
04-27-2007, 11:47 PM
yup, 1999
was a good year :smokin

Amuseddaysleeper
04-27-2007, 11:48 PM
was a good year :smokin

indeed
:fro

here's to hoping we get a repeat performance in 2007 :toast

ShoogarBear
04-27-2007, 11:48 PM
karl malone? maybe my memory serves me wrong.Yeah, in another thread somebody said it was Malone in 1999.

Kermit
04-27-2007, 11:50 PM
step off the ledge. all you have to do is win one game in oakland. it's doable.

monosylab1k
04-27-2007, 11:52 PM
step off the ledge. all you have to do is win one game in oakland. it's doable.

i'm sorry but i just don't see it. i saw alot of hope after the game 1 loss, i was certain Dallas would take it in 5, but after this loss I just don't see anything good happening for Dallas. They may take another game but I don't see a series victory. 3 hours ago I saw a WCF appearance at the very least.

ponky
04-27-2007, 11:54 PM
lol, i don't know if i still *believe* either considering the way the warriors are playing (with enthusiasm, fire and ballz)...i won't call it over until sunday night but damn the mavs have basically rolled the red carpet out for baron whenever he wants to go to the hole...the upside? i won't have to plunk down a lot of money at the end of the playoff season for the mavs for tix i got upfront (season ticketholder here)...thank god i bought this awesome anejo tequila earlier today

i know i should technically not root for the team that beats us but i like the warriors as a team so if they beat us in the end, i'll root for them and the bulls

c'mon mavs, find your balls and get game four!

ShoogarBear
04-27-2007, 11:55 PM
Maybe this loss will count as two, in which case I can see your point.

CubanMustGo
04-27-2007, 11:56 PM
Even a Mav extreme non-fan like me sees that GS will fold up like girlie men if Dallas wins game 4. They're playing on emotion. Take back home court and the series is yours.

monosylab1k
04-27-2007, 11:57 PM
Dirk/Howard for Ty Thomas/Deng/1st rounder - your thoughts?

would Chicago be willing to part with that much for a pair of chokers?

FromWayDowntown
04-27-2007, 11:58 PM
Dallas is still going to win this series.

monosylab1k
04-27-2007, 11:58 PM
Even a Mav extreme non-fan like me sees that GS will fold up like girlie men if Dallas wins game 4. They're playing on emotion. Take back home court and the series is yours.

They're playing on a lot more than emotion. They want to win the series and the Mavericks want a free ticket to the Finals without putting in the work.

They're gonna have to pay for tickets to the Finals now.

ponky
04-27-2007, 11:59 PM

oh i'm watching with the mute on and i haven't given up on the mavs either because i think they'll bounce back in game four but the warriors are playing with a lot more heart than the mavs who look confused. anyway, who cares about what spurs fans will do, look at all the cliffjumping that happens anytime the spurs lose a game, not all spurs fans, but plenty of them start talking about the end of the spurs as we know them and all that other nonsense

ponky
04-27-2007, 11:59 PM

why would the bulls part with a team that's getting ready to sweep the heat?

JamStone
04-28-2007, 12:00 AM
monosyl, keep making threads, buddy. Because in a few days, you won't be able to post on these boards for the rest of the playoffs.

Budkin
Mono you guys are not going to lose this series. I know it looks glum right now but all you need to do is win the next one. The Mavs are too good to lose to the 8th seed in a 7 game series.

monosylab1k
why would the bulls part with a team that's getting ready to sweep the heat?

no idea. maybe they lose to Detroit. incredibly wishful thinking on my part i guess.

FromWayDowntown
04-28-2007, 12:02 AM
oh i'm watching with the mute on and i haven't given up on the mavs either because i think they'll bounce back in game four but the warriors are playing with a lot more heart than the mavs who look confused. anyway, who cares about what spurs fans will do, look at all the cliffjumping that happens anytime the spurs lose a game, not all spurs fans, but plenty of them start talking about the end of the spurs as we know them and all that other nonsense

I think the Mavs are a bit confused because most of this season, things have gone their way. Now that things are getting tough, the Mavs are looking around and don't have immediate answers. With that said, I do think they'll bounce back and get Game 4. I'd only be mildly surprised if this series went beyond Game 6.

And you're right, there are Spurs fans who get up on the ledge with big playoff losses. The object lesson is that it doesn't matter how long you're team is at or near the top -- there will always be those who overreact to things that happen during the playoffs (or even the regular season).

monosylab1k
04-28-2007, 12:02 AM
monosyl, keep making threads, buddy. Because in a few days, you won't be able to post on these boards for the rest of the playoffs.

i thought my bet today was the biggest slam dunk ever. i thought i was gonna be the hero that slayed the evil SpursDynasty and kept his BS opinions off the boards for a couple months....but no. fuck.

pad300
04-28-2007, 12:03 AM

I'm not sure it helps them a lot - I wouldn't do it. Deng is roughly equal to dirk in my mind. Yeah, Dirk has accomplished more, but as you say, he's also shown a considerable ability to choke. At that point, Thomas and a 1st for Howard is close to even. However, the only thing Chicago really wants is a post scorer; and this doesn't get it for them. So I doubt they spend the assets & disrupt their chemistry doing this...

Chris Childs
04-28-2007, 12:04 AM
Mono you guys are not going to lose this series. I know it looks glum right now but all you need to do is win the next one. The Mavs are too good to lose to the 8th seed in a 7 game series.

Dude, this series is over no other way you put it. The Warriors are just the better team. The mavs can't figure out their style of play and Nellie is owning his former team like Wade and the refs did them in the finals. If the 8th seed is better than the 1st seed, then the 8th seed wins the series, ala Warriors.

monosylab1k
04-28-2007, 12:08 AM
I'm not sure it helps them a lot - I wouldn't do it. Deng is roughly equal to dirk in my mind. Yeah, Dirk has accomplished more, but as you say, he's also shown a considerable ability to choke. At that point, Thomas and a 1st for Howard is close to even. However, the only thing Chicago really wants is a post scorer; and this doesn't get it for them. So I doubt they spend the assets & disrupt their chemistry doing this...

I guess I was just hoping that Dirk's reputation as a superstar would make a deal like this enticing, but then again Dirk won't have a reputation after the biggest playoff chokejob/collapse in NBA history finishes.

ponky
04-28-2007, 12:08 AM
I think the Mavs are a bit confused because most of this season, things have gone their way. Now that things are getting tough, the Mavs are looking around and don't have immediate answers. With that said, I do think they'll bounce back and get Game 4. I'd only be mildly surprised if this series went beyond Game 6.

And you're right, there are Spurs fans who get up on the ledge with big playoff losses. The object lesson is that it doesn't matter how long you're team is at or near the top -- there will always be those who overreact to things that happen during the playoffs (or even the regular season).

Yeah, I didn't expect to win the next two in Golden State just because of all the hype with the series being back in Golden State, with Baron and Sjax coming back pumped up from being ejected in the last game, etc. I'll be a lot calmer if the Mavs win Sunday night...and excited because I have tickets to Game five. It helps me at least that the Heat look like they could possibly be swept...helps a little but it also pisses me off again that we let them come back in the Finals last season. Damn, I hope my other team (the Knicks :lol ) make the playoffs soon, at least I know they're going to be a perennial letdown but I still cheer for them.

ShoogarBear
04-28-2007, 12:09 AM
i thought my bet today was the biggest slam dunk ever. i thought i was gonna be the hero that slayed the evil SpursDynasty and kept his BS opinions off the boards for a couple months....but no. fuck.Where is this bet?

pad300
I guess I was just hoping that Dirk's reputation as a superstar would make a deal like this enticing, but then again Dirk won't have a reputation after the biggest playoff chokejob/collapse in NBA history finishes.

Yeah, a choke Finals and a choked 1 vs. 8 series. People aren't going to ignore that.

monosylab1k
Dude, this series is over no other way you put it. The Warriors are just the better team. The mavs can't figure out their style of play and Nellie is owning his former team like Wade and the refs did them in the finals. If the 8th seed is better than the 1st seed, then the 8th seed wins the series, ala Warriors.

I hate to say it, but I agree almost 100% here.

Genius move on Nellie's part by hiding Biedrins the first 2 games, making him look like a doofus, and then unleashing him this game.

leemajors
04-28-2007, 12:11 AM
Where is this bet?

http://spurstalk.com/forums/showthread.php?t=65352

monosylab1k
04-28-2007, 12:12 AM
Where is this bet?

http://www.spurstalk.com/forums/showthread.php?t=65370

dammit... :depressed

i'm a man of my word tho, my stupid avatar will not be seen for the rest of the playoffs once the Mavs fumble this series away.

texas84
04-28-2007, 12:12 AM
This series isn't over... but for all those people out there who can't see whats wrong, lets state the obvious (in no particular order):

1. The Mavs must lockdown on defense.
2. The Mavs must start hitting their perimeter shots.
3. Dirk needs to grow a set of balls and not put up with this bulls***.

I love Dirk, but if he lets this series go (especially without a fight), his legacy will be set in stone.

monosylab1k
04-28-2007, 12:13 AM
Okay, so it looks like Dirk/Howard for Thomas/Deng/1st is overly optimistic on my part. So what's a more realistic option?

ponky
04-28-2007, 12:14 AM

meh, i don't buy it. dirk may not be playing like a superstar but even when he does, like the 50 points he scored last year against the warriors (and they STILL lost!!!), where's the help from his teammates? it's not all dirk, he has 20 points, 12 rebounds, 3 steals, 2 assists and a blocked shot, not bad stats at all. fucking skillet fingers damp should learn how to hold on to the ball with his big hands and throw it down every once in awhile unless he's a weakling. who's going to stop him? biedrins or harrington? three points from our bigs when they should be dominating in the paint with all these little bushes around them? pathetic.

leemajors
04-28-2007, 12:14 AM
Okay, so it looks like Dirk/Howard for Thomas/Deng/1st is overly optimistic on my part. So what's a more realistic option?

might as well get older and collect some wash ups as role players.

schadenfreude52
04-28-2007, 12:15 AM
i thought my bet today was the biggest slam dunk ever. i thought i was gonna be the hero that slayed the evil SpursDynasty and kept his BS opinions off the boards for a couple months....but no. fuck.

Dude, keep the faith. We're only down 2-1, and we've been in worse scenarios. Dallas will rise to the challenge and achieve what they failed to achieve last season.

Avery will straighten things out and Dirk will rise to his 2005-06 post season self (sans the Finals).

:clap

ponky

couple of shots of tequila for now, winning game four on sunday, crossing your fingers on tuesday night

Aggie Hoopsfan

I still expect the Mavs to win the series, but one point FWD - we've seen this look on the face of the Mavs before.... last year in the Finals.

schadenfreude52
04-28-2007, 12:16 AM

:tu

While Mono may not believe it, we'll see you guys in the WCFs.

FromWayDowntown
04-28-2007, 12:17 AM
I still expect the Mavs to win the series, but one point FWD - we've seen this look on the face of the Mavs before.... last year in the Finals.

Sure enough. It occurred to me a little while ago that a loss tonight would make the Mavs 1-6 in their last 7 playoff games. Of course, the last time they had a streak that bad over 8 games, they went on an ungodly roll.

pad300
04-28-2007, 12:20 AM
I was pissed but optimistic after game 1. same after game 2. I don't get the same feeling after this one.

Dallas looks like a team that thinks they're entitled to another Finals performance, like they can just fast forward there. This team has never done well as the favorite, they only can succeed as the underdog, which is why they will always fail. We need a new attitude and a true leader on the court.

TRADE DIRK THIS OFFSEASON!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! IT MIGHT BE PAINFUL AT FIRST BUT IT'S FOR THE BEST!!!!!

Actually, I think you are overreacting here. Yes, Dirk isn't the leader you need, and you don't currently have that leadership personality on your squad (Josh Howard might evolve into it, but he does seem to tense up too much in tight situations - see timeout calls). The other major flaw is a lack of a scoring post-up player. That is really what allows the Spurs to take down the warriors; the way to punish small ball is with a low post scorer who demands a double team.

Leadership comes from the oddest places; your on your own for finding that. However, I might try and make a trade around Dampier for Zach Randolph...No guarantee on the chemistry working, but he CAN kill a team with his low-post scoring.

ShoogarBear
04-28-2007, 12:22 AM
http://spurstalk.com/forums/showthread.php?t=65352:lol

Looks like a win-win bet for Spurs fans.

Man of Steel
04-28-2007, 12:25 AM
[QUOTE=monosylab1k]Game 3 isn't even over and I've officially crossed over to the dark side. There is no way in hell Dallas can win this series.

So let's go ahead and get started on what we can do this offseason to build a true winner. Unfortunately, I will not be able to participate in this thread for very long because as soon as Dallas loses this series I am banned until the playoffs end.

Why are you banned?

leemajors
04-28-2007, 12:27 AM
Actually, I think you are overreacting here. Yes, Dirk isn't the leader you need, and you don't currently have that leadership personality on your squad (Josh Howard might evolve into it, but he does seem to tense up too much in tight situations - see timeout calls). The other major flaw is a lack of a scoring post-up player. That is really what allows the Spurs to take down the warriors; the way to punish small ball is with a low post scorer who demands a double team.

Leadership comes from the oddest places; your on your own for finding that. However, I might try and make a trade around Dampier for Zach Randolph...No guarantee on the chemistry working, but he CAN kill a team with his low-post scoring.

why would the blaze make a retarded trade like that?

aaronstampler
04-28-2007, 12:27 AM
[QUOTE=monosylab1k]Game 3 isn't even over and I've officially crossed over to the dark side. There is no way in hell Dallas can win this series.

So what moves can we make guys? Priority number one for me is trading Dirk. The guy has proven time and time again that he's no leader. It's gonna be embarrassing as hell when he hoists the MVP trophy as his team gets their shit handed to them in round 1.

Here's my proposal. Trade Dirk and Howard to Chicago for Tyrus Thomas, Luol Deng, and Chicago's first round pick.<<

Shouldn't you be lopping off your genitals right about now like you promised you would if the series goes six? Mavs fans are adorable. :lol

Man of Steel
04-28-2007, 12:28 AM
Dallas fans--

You're just shell-shocked right now.

Mavs will win game 4 and tie the series to take it back to Dallas, where its the best out of three with two games in Dallas.

Mavs will definitley win the series.

monosylab1k
04-28-2007, 12:29 AM

Why are you banned?

made a bet with SpursDynasty about this series, and the loser can't post on ST until after the playoffs are over.

mardigan
04-28-2007, 12:30 AM
:lol Youll still pull it out, Mavs in 7 now instead of 6

monosylab1k
04-28-2007, 12:30 AM
Shouldn't you be lopping off your genitals right about now like you promised you would if the series goes six? Mavs fans are adorable. :lol

I think I'll just keep em....although donating them to Dirk might be a good gesture and put us back in the series.

spurschick
04-28-2007, 12:34 AM
Never dreamed I'd be customizing this artwork...

http://www.spurschick.com/07playoffs/mavsmeltdown.jpg

picnroll
04-28-2007, 12:37 AM
Mavs could go after Jerome O'Neal with Dirk. Only risk is the injury factor. Also use Diop for an athletic, penetrating two. I'd say Damp but i don't think he'd bring anything with his contract.

FromWayDowntown
04-28-2007, 12:37 AM
Never dreamed I'd be customizing this artwork...

http://www.spurschick.com/07playoffs/mavsmeltdown.jpg

I hope you don't have to use that tomorrow night for the usual suspects among Spurs fans . . . .

pad300
04-28-2007, 12:38 AM
why would the blaze make a retarded trade like that?

Dallas would probably have to sweeten the pot some, but getting rid of Zach is a plus for Portland. The contracts both have 4 more years. Portland isn't challenging for at least 3 more years (unless they win the lottery); their future is Roy, Aldridge, Jack, Rodriguez, Webster (and this year's lottery pick, pre-lottery #6). They don't want Zach's cancerous attitude spreading to their next generation. Also, Damp is cheaper. Finally, Dampier's also probably easier to move (due to Zach's stupidity) for capspace to resign all the kids.

I'm not sure about Dallas's situation, but they should be able to sweeten the deal enough to make it work.

ponky
04-28-2007, 12:39 AM
I think I'll just keep em....although donating them to Dirk might be a good gesture and put us back in the series.

:lmao

ponky
04-28-2007, 12:39 AM
Mavs could go after Jerome O'Neal with Dirk. Only risk is the injury factor. Also use Diop for an athletic, penetrating two. I'd say Damp but i don't think he'd bring anything with his contract.

Jermaine?

spurschick
04-28-2007, 12:40 AM
I hope you don't have to use that tomorrow night for the usual suspects among Spurs fans . . . .

I already had to bust out the Spurs version for game 1, which was pretty crazy considering the loss wasn't that bad.

picnroll
04-28-2007, 12:41 AM
Jermaine?
Him too.

sribb43
04-28-2007, 12:41 AM
DIRK for KG!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Trade the 7ft fadeaway jump shooter

monosylab1k
04-28-2007, 12:42 AM

before this series, Minnesota would do it in a heartbeat.

once this series ends, they'll die laughing if Dallas comes calling with that offer.

picnroll
04-28-2007, 12:42 AM
For the other 7 ft fadeaway jumpshooter?

monosylab1k
04-28-2007, 12:43 AM

with defense and at least something of a post presence. Minnesota won't do that deal now anyways.

sribb43
04-28-2007, 12:45 AM
At least the wouldnt get pushed out to the 3pt line by a guard 6'7 named Stephen Jackson when trying to post up

sribb43
04-28-2007, 12:49 AM
its gonna be great seeing Dirk receive his MVP trophy @ the news conference @ the AAC because the Mavs will have no more home games left when they announce the winner

aaronstampler
04-28-2007, 12:52 AM
Dirk isn't the problem dude. He's a great scorer, a decent rebounder for his position, but that's it. He's not Duncan, he's not Olajuwon, he's not somebody who will change the game at both ends of the floor.

He's just a guy who can get you some points who just happens to be tall. People are overhyping him and expecting him to be something he's not. He will never dominate a game defensively and it's up to the other players, especially the centers to do their jobs on that end of the floor.

This Dirk for MVP stuff is foolishness created by AJ and Cuban. The guy is a good scorer, but not a leader that's going to carry a team to a title.

sribb43
04-28-2007, 12:53 AM
Dirk isn't the problem dude. He's a great scorer, a decent rebounder for his position, but that's it. He's not Duncan, he's not Olajuwon, he's not somebody who will change the game at both ends of the floor.

He's just a guy who can get you some points who just happens to be tall. People are overhyping him and expecting him to be something he's not. He will never dominate a game defensively and it's up to the other players, especially the centers to do their jobs on that end of the floor.

This Dirk for MVP stuff is foolishness created by AJ and Cuban. The guy is a good scorer, but not a leader that's going to carry a team to a title.

I dont think I've ever agreed with a Spurs fan more than after reading that post

VaSpursFan
04-28-2007, 01:01 AM

if dirk ever develops a post up game to go with his deadly jumper, he'd be a bigger threat. but, he can't use his height to his advantage when he has a shorter man guarding him.

Cry Havoc
04-28-2007, 01:15 AM
The biggest problem I see for the Mavs: Look at that freaking shot chart for the first 3 Qs for Golden State. Insanity. That's why they shot 48%.

SpursDynasty
04-28-2007, 01:19 AM

That is where you're wrong.

It's been a deceptive 67-15. As Walton said, they haven't had any sort of a big game since March.

And if a 67-15 team hasn't gotten their shit together by Game 3, already trailing the series, that 67-15 might as well have been a 47-35 or so.

sabar
04-28-2007, 01:21 AM
Dirk for KG would be interesting... Mavs would be like Spurs v2.0... post presence, decent but underperforming centers, stretches of small ball, fast PG, a Beno...

monosylab1k
04-28-2007, 10:50 AM
Dirk for Jermaine O'Neal is a possibility...
Dirk for KG used to be very possible, now it's less likely...

Do you think that the team who grabs Kevin Durant would do a Dirk/Terry/two 1st rounders for Durant? This is probably a ridiculous idea again, why would they give up a guy like Durant for a set of vaginas and some late 1st rounders (plus i'm completely ignoring salary cap restrictions here)....

but a nucleus of Durant, Howard, and Harris would be a sweet ass trio to build a true winner around.

picnroll
04-28-2007, 10:59 AM
KG isn't the answer. Mavs need a low post presence to open up the floor. KG like Dirk doesn't constantny command double teams and unbalance the D. TD gets nearly as many points as both Dirk and KG but unlike them he totally unbalances the D.

Durant same deal. If Oden pans out as a low post scorer that's who a team will build a title around.

Vinnie_Johnson
04-28-2007, 11:02 AM
We will trade you DD and Defino for Dirk. He can be a good bench player for us.

pad300
04-28-2007, 11:42 AM

Do you think that the team who grabs Kevin Durant would do a Dirk/Terry/two 1st rounders for Durant? This is probably a ridiculous idea again, why would they give up a guy like Durant for a set of vaginas and some late 1st rounders (plus i'm completely ignoring salary cap restrictions here)....

but a nucleus of Durant, Howard, and Harris would be a sweet ass trio to build a true winner around.

Good luck with your planning, but try to remember this thing called the Collective Bargaining Agreement and the associated salary cap and limits on trades; A draft pick ($0 trade value in salary) for 2 high paid players (~$25,000,000 trade value in salary) just ain't going to cut it...

ThomasGranger
04-28-2007, 12:30 PM

Whoever picks Durant isn't going to trade him for any player(s) and/or any combination of draft picks unless the kid turns out to be a total bust, and I seriously doubt that's gonna happen.

monosylab1k
04-28-2007, 01:27 PM
Well fuck how about if Dallas trades their entire drafts for the next 20 years to just grab Oden.

I'm grasping at straws. Fucking A.

Amarelooms
04-28-2007, 03:10 PM
Mavs just need to keep the core...sign a low post player and a shooter that can take the pressure off Dirk. Get rid of Buckner, Croshere and George

ponky
04-28-2007, 03:23 PM
Well fuck how about if Dallas trades their entire drafts for the next 20 years to just grab Oden.

I'm grasping at straws. Fucking A.

Simmer down, game's in a little over 24 hours. If they win you can burn this thread. If they don't, follow the Kings fans lead and latch onto a winning team.

monosylab1k
04-28-2007, 03:45 PM
Mavs just need to keep the core...sign a low post player and a shooter that can take the pressure off Dirk. Get rid of Buckner, Croshere and George

Greg Buckner has been our single worst addition, IMO. I know he's a bit player, but he was here to be a better version of Adrian Griffin, and he's been terrible. Adrian Griffin was so much better than Buckner's been for us.

We definitely gotta ship Buckner out, of course Croshere's worthless ass is gone, and honestly I don't want to see Stackhouse back either.

Sign Desmond Mason to replace Stack - Mason's got defensive skills and doesn't have a jumper...so he can't fall in love with it, and that means he'll attack the basket at all times.

clambake
04-28-2007, 04:21 PM
I can't believe you guys are already ripping this team apart. You could at least wait until it's over. (because some of players may end up looking so bad that we couldn't give them away) Just kidding!!! (but it might not be a bad idea to ask which ones want burial or cremation) Only joking!!

BradLohaus
04-28-2007, 05:13 PM
Why not keep Dirk and try to bring in KG? If Rasheed and Webber can play down low together then Dirk and KG certainly could. KG could guard every center in the league probably except Shaq. But just like the Pistons have Dale Davis and Nazr Mohammad, the Mavs could still have Dampier and Diop.

http://www.hoopshype.com/salaries/minnesota.htm

http://www.hoopshype.com/salaries/dallas.htm

The Wolves already have Randy Foye and Rashaad McCants, so I can't see them being too interested in Devin Harris and Jason Terry. Also, look at the next 5 salaries after Garnett and Ricky Davis. The TWolves are going to pay around 30 million a year for the next 3 seasons to Mark Blount, Troy Hudson, Marko Jaric, Mike James, and Trenton Hassell. So no more contracts like that, which means no Dampier. It has to be Josh Howard that goes to Minnesota if the Mavs want Garnett.

The most likely scenario would be Howard, Mbenga, George, and Harris for Garnett. The Wolves get an all-star SF, 4 million in expiring contracts, and Devin Harris. I know I said they wouldn't want him, but he is a valuable asset that they could move. Maybe they could package him with Ricky Davis' expiring contract by next years trade deadline to fill a need they have as they rebuild. I think this would be a very likely trade since they wouldn't need Davis anymore with Josh Howard.

Garnett may not be a Duncan-caliber player on the blocks, but who is? Having KG and Dirk on the court at the same time would be a very hard matchup for every team in the league. As for the loss of Howard, why not make a push for Vince Carter to replace him? You have Stackhouse and Croshere coming off the books. Use that money and maybe a little more to get Vince. He won't get a better chance at a title then he would in this scenario in Dallas, and if he did sign with the Mavs then it would be proof that he is willing to check his attitude at the door and do what it takes to win. I'd also sign a veteran true PG to replace Harris. Jason Hart did a nice job with the Clippers filling his role, so I'd try to get him.

PG - Terry/Hart
SG - Buckner/Ager
SF - Carter/?
PF - Nowitzki
C - KG/Dampier/Diop

You'd have to find a backup SF, maybe Stackhouse would be willing to resign for less to make a few more runs at a ring. You don't really need a true backup PF because either KG or Dirk will always be on the court. So, if I'm Mark Cuban and I just watched my team 67 win team lose in the 1st round, this is what I would try to make happen. And I'd make the team slogan "The 2008 Dallas Mavericks - the future is now!"

Carrot Top
04-28-2007, 06:01 PM
Heat will trade Antoine Walker for Josh Howard :toast

confined
04-28-2007, 06:50 PM
Why not keep Dirk and try to bring in KG? If Rasheed and Webber can play down low together then Dirk and KG certainly could. KG could guard every center in the league probably except Shaq. But just like the Pistons have Dale Davis and Nazr Mohammad, the Mavs could still have Dampier and Diop.

http://www.hoopshype.com/salaries/minnesota.htm

The Wolves already have Randy Foye and Rashaad McCants, so I can't see them being too interested in Devin Harris and Jason Terry. Also, look at the next 5 salaries after Garnett and Ricky Davis. The TWolves are going to pay around 30 million a year for the next 3 seasons to Mark Blount, Troy Hudson, Marko Jaric, Mike James, and Trenton Hassell. So no more contracts like that, which means no Dampier. It has to be Josh Howard that goes to Minnesota if the Mavs want Garnett.

The most likely scenario would be Howard, Mbenga, George, and Harris for Garnett. The Wolves get an all-star SF, 4 million in expiring contracts, and Devin Harris. I know I said they wouldn't want him, but he is a valuable asset that they could move. Maybe they could package him with Ricky Davis' expiring contract by next years trade deadline to fill a need they have as they rebuild. I think this would be a very likely trade since they wouldn't need Davis anymore with Josh Howard.

Garnett may not be a Duncan-caliber player on the blocks, but who is? Having KG and Dirk on the court at the same time would be a very hard matchup for every team in the league. As for the loss of Howard, why not make a push for Vince Carter to replace him? You have Stackhouse and Croshere coming off the books. Use that money and maybe a little more to get Vince. He won't get a better chance at a title then he would in this scenario in Dallas, and if he did sign with the Mavs then it would be proof that he is willing to check his attitude at the door and do what it takes to win. I'd also sign a veteran true PG to replace Harris. Jason Hart did a nice job with the Clippers filling his role, so I'd try to get him.

PG - Terry/Hart
SG - Buckner/Ager
SF - Carter/?
PF - Nowitzki
C - KG/Dampier/Diop

You'd have to find a backup SF, maybe Stackhouse would be willing to resign for less to make a few more runs at a ring. You don't really need a true backup PF because either KG or Dirk will always be on the court. So, if I'm Mark Cuban and I just watched my team 67 win team lose in the 1st round, this is what I would try to make happen. And I'd make the team slogan "The 2008 Dallas Mavericks - the future is now!"

SUPER sexy line-up right there...expect buckner but KG + dirk + VC = balla greatness

BradLohaus
04-28-2007, 07:00 PM
SUPER sexy line-up right there...expect buckner but KG + dirk + VC = balla greatness

you guys could possibly even improve on Buckner. VC can play at the 2 or 3 spot; maybe there's a SG or SF out there that you could sign on top of the other moves. Even if these moves cause your payroll to go to around 100 million for 08 you have almost 25 mil coming off after next year with Finley and Bradley. I think all of this is very doable for the Mavs. The deal I mentioned might be the best the Wolves get. Howard has the potential to be a 25 ppg scorer, and is one of the best defenders and rebounders at his position because he's so long and athletic.

One potential problem: the Bulls get smashed by the Pistons in the next round and decide they need KG to get to a championship level and use some combination of Duhon, Heinrich, Gordon, Deng, Nocioni, and Tyrus Thomas to make a better offer then Dallas could.

jaespur21
04-28-2007, 10:36 PM
And with the 30 pick on the 07 draft the MAVS Select BALLS

SpursDynasty
04-28-2007, 10:47 PM
Terry and Stackhouse are worthless. Dirk is wishy-washy. Howard is just Howard. Nothing spectacular. Harris is the only guy who does more than shoot a bunch of bullshit jump shots.

Kevin Blackistone
04-29-2007, 04:37 AM
Anyone else find it ironic that the Mavs are having to face the same thing that they did to the Spurs last year (minus the extremely biased officiating)? Small lineup creating rotation issues that lead to ineffective centers and opposing guards/forwards getting layups at will?

I think your problem, Mav fan, is Cuban. That stupid ass garners so much negative mojo it's basically come back and rammed straight up your asses in the form of a blue and gold dildo.

Chris
04-29-2007, 12:45 PM
Dirk for Pau Gasol and Chucky Atkins. :tu

Findog
04-29-2007, 07:48 PM
You don't understand what it is like to be a Mavericks fan. When I was a kid, I started following the team during Aguirre/Blackman. Showtime was nearing the end and we were supposed to take over as the reigning Western Conference power thanks to a rising young star by the name of Roy Tarpley. Instead that decade was pure hell...I don't know how many rebuilding plans we went through, but we couldn't find the playoffs if it was an ocean and we were on a boat. I almost threw in the towel when they traded Kidd, but stuck through it.

I'm not going to throw in the towel now, but this is just incredibly frustrating. We came as close as you could possibly come to winning a title last year and we didn't get it done. And now we're on the verge of wiping out one of the all-time great regular seasons with a first round exit. This is part X's and O's -- it will not be remembered that the Warriors were a much different team after the trade with Indy, and this would be an upset, but not a HUGE upset. I defy any Red Sox fan to complain that they had it worse until 2004 -- break through to the Finals and finally vanquish two of your biggest rivals, only for Murphy's Law to take over and for you to lose that trophy...and then run roughshod over the entire League and watch it turn into fool's gold one week into the playoffs. That's an excruciating experience for any fan -- it would be better to be a middle of the pack team instead of having to hear what you know is coming from SpursDynasty, Chris Childs and filmoe...and you know what? They're right if Dallas can't get off the mat and win this series.

There's just no defending the way they didn't show up Friday night, and there's just no defending them losing this series. All of the trashtalk hurled at your team, and you just don't have a comeback. Period.

gtownspur
04-29-2007, 08:25 PM
Dirk for dwight howard.

Terry for a late 1st rnd early 2nd rnd draft pick.

gtownspur
04-29-2007, 08:27 PM
You don't understand what it is like to be a Mavericks fan. When I was a kid, I started following the team during Aguirre/Blackman. Showtime was nearing the end and we were supposed to take over as the reigning Western Conference power thanks to a rising young star by the name of Roy Tarpley. Instead that decade was pure hell...I don't know how many rebuilding plans we went through, but we couldn't find the playoffs if it was an ocean and we were on a boat. I almost threw in the towel when they traded Kidd, but stuck through it.

I'm not going to throw in the towel now, but this is just incredibly frustrating. We came as close as you could possibly come to winning a title last year and we didn't get it done. And now we're on the verge of wiping out one of the all-time great regular seasons with a first round exit. This is part X's and O's -- it will not be remembered that the Warriors were a much different team after the trade with Indy, and this would be an upset, but not a HUGE upset. I defy any Red Sox fan to complain that they had it worse until 2004 -- break through to the Finals and finally vanquish two of your biggest rivals, only for Murphy's Law to take over and for you to lose that trophy...and then run roughshod over the entire League and watch it turn into fool's gold one week into the playoffs. That's an excruciating experience for any fan -- it would be better to be a middle of the pack team instead of having to hear what you know is coming from SpursDynasty, Chris Childs and filmoe...and you know what? They're right if Dallas can't get off the mat and win this series.

There's just no defending the way they didn't show up Friday night, and there's just no defending them losing this series. All of the trashtalk hurled at your team, and you just don't have a comeback. Period.

You still have TCU, The MEan Green, and The Dallas Lunch Ladies from the roller derbies. :lmao

BUMP
04-29-2007, 08:42 PM

dont say that name :pctoss

Don Quixote
04-30-2007, 12:39 AM
I couldn't have scripted this any better. Dallas getting spanked in the 1st round, and by a team we happened to beat like a drum.

And after all the trash their fans talked all season long.

I couldn't wait for the playoffs to begin. I actually thought Dallas had a pretty good chance of beating S.A. in the playoffs, but I guess since they won't be around to play the Spurs, all the more easier for the Silver & Black to take home another trophy.

Actually, I wanted the Spurs to play the Mavs, and in an ideal world, give them a good spanking. Send little brother back to his room crying. But I guess G.S. took care of that for us. Good riddance, though.

Don Quixote
04-30-2007, 12:40 AM
Gosh, this is hilarious. Maybe next year, Little Brother.

Big P
04-30-2007, 12:52 AM
Dirk for dwight howard.

Terry for a late 1st rnd early 2nd rnd draft pick.

No way Orlando does that deal.

BradLohaus
04-30-2007, 01:16 AM
Unless the Mavs come back and win this then they won't be able to trade Dirk straight up for Gasol. Seriously.

baseline bum
04-30-2007, 01:36 AM

You're a madman if you want to trade Jason Terry. The guy's a stone-cold assassin, just like Stephen Jackson was/is. Of course, I also think you're a nut for wanting to trade Nowitzki. There's no way mister 43% FG Jermaine O'Neal is going to lead a team to a title, and KG has lost claim to being one of the all-time greats after failing to make the playoffs three years in a row.

monosylab1k
04-30-2007, 08:40 AM
You're a madman if you want to trade Jason Terry. The guy's a stone-cold assassin

yeah, he just killed our season. good point.

Spurminator
04-30-2007, 08:55 AM
I wouldn't rule out Dirk for KG. I'm not sure the Wolves could do better than that, and I actually think Dirk might be a pretty good fit for that team if they can get a banger/rebounder in the draft.

The problem with Dirk, as much as I like him and as cool a guy as he seems to be, is that he isn't the kind of leader that inspires his teammates.... at least, not these teammates. When I watch the Mavs I get the feeling that his teammates are very reluctantly conceding that this is his team, and I keep waiting for them to just say "Fuck it" and decide they can do it better themselves. It's like when you have a boss who you know isn't as good at his job as his title suggests... you defer to him in meetings and such, but you end up getting frustrated and the whole group underperforms.

I think players like Terry and Howard and Harris would respond a lot better to a player like KG. At the same time, I think Avery would really help KG hone his game and focus on being a dominant post presence rather than the do-everything player he's been in Minnesota.

Meanwhile, it's very possible that the Wolves would respond better, at least in the short term, to a player like Dirk who isn't overbearing.

Spurminator
04-30-2007, 08:58 AM
On the other hand, maybe this was just the worst possible matchup for the Mavs and they'll be fine next year with the same group.

monosylab1k
04-30-2007, 08:58 AM
Things to do this offseason so far:

-Dirk for KG (if they'll even do this trade)
-Get Stackhouse the fuck outta here, sign Desmond Mason to replace him
-George, Buckner, Croshere all need to get the fuck out
-Trade Terry?

monosylab1k
04-30-2007, 09:01 AM
I wouldn't rule out Dirk for KG. I'm not sure the Wolves could do better than that, and I actually think Dirk might be a pretty good fit for that team if they can get a banger/rebounder in the draft.

I'd do this trade in a heartbeat. Say what you want about KG not being a post player, the guy brings it on defense and that's what we need. And he's got a nasty streak in him that Dirk will never have.

Seriously, Dirk could walk in on his own mother being gang raped at knifepoint and he'd just calmly say "Uh, hey guys, I know this is an inconvenience for you and all, but do you think that maybe you could, i dunno, try to um maybe not rape my mother?"

Dirk needs to go.

Islymore
04-30-2007, 09:02 AM
I still think we need someone in the post who can score... and it wont be Diop/Damp/Dirk... so what to do about that lack of presence on the offensive end there? just wondering @ Mono...

I could understand gettin rid of George, Buck, and Cro. But I still think that Terry has been keepin us in some of these games so... I dont know if I would get rid of him.

the only person I am confident in keeping is Josh at this point tho. I think Josh has been the only person playin hungry. i been thinkin about tradin Dirk for a few yrs now tho... just never really put any real thot into it... but now... right now at this moment... I'm starting to be irk'd at the idea of him gettin MVP...

Cry Havoc
04-30-2007, 09:07 AM

The problem with Dirk, as much as I like him and as cool a guy as he seems to be, is that he isn't the kind of leader that inspires his teammates.... at least, not these teammates. When I watch the Mavs I get the feeling that his teammates are very reluctantly conceding that this is his team, and I keep waiting for them to just say "Fuck it" and decide they can do it better themselves. It's like when you have a boss who you know isn't as good at his job as his title suggests... you defer to him in meetings and such, but you end up getting frustrated and the whole group underperforms.

I think players like Terry and Howard and Harris would respond a lot better to a player like KG. At the same time, I think Avery would really help KG hone his game and focus on being a dominant post presence rather than the do-everything player he's been in Minnesota.

Meanwhile, it's very possible that the Wolves would respond better, at least in the short term, to a player like Dirk who isn't overbearing.

You might have to offer more than Dirk. KG does everything better than Dirk except shooting.

I think maybe Dirk + Harris or Dirk + a late first - early second round value pick could do it, if KG really wants to move.

Not sure that any team wants to trade for Dirk right now (no offense, Mavs fans), his star is falling rapidly over the course of this series. Why oh why hasn't he been shooting more from 3?

Islymore
04-30-2007, 09:21 AM
You might have to offer more than Dirk. KG does everything better than Dirk except shooting.

I think maybe Dirk + Harris or Dirk + a late first - early second round value pick could do it, if KG really wants to move.

Not sure that any team wants to trade for Dirk right now (no offense, Mavs fans), his star is falling rapidly over the course of this series. Why oh why hasn't he been shooting more from 3?

Lol, he was shootin from the 3... but he must have been crosseyed at the time! shoot even on his 2 ptrs, he was just living in Brickville...

Dirk & the late first/early second, is more doable than letting Dirk & Harris go. I still like the additional point guard from the bench.

monosylab1k
04-30-2007, 09:22 AM

because when it's a three that matters, he won't make it. only when the game is all but out of reach and there's no pressure on him whatsoever will he make a three.

monosylab1k
04-30-2007, 09:23 AM
And you know what, fuck Harris. For all his skills, he still plays like a retarded 8 year old out there. If it's Dirk/Harris for KG then pull the trigger. We need a distributor PG on this team anyways.

monosylab1k
04-30-2007, 09:27 AM
we could get bonzi wells for pretty cheap too...i think he'd be an upgrade over Stackhouse if he could be kept under control.

picnroll
04-30-2007, 09:47 AM
Matt Barnes would be a good cheap addition but I'd like to see the Spurs go after him. How about Randolph plus something for Dirk? Maybe Outlaw? Would Mavs fans go for that?

monosylab1k
04-30-2007, 09:51 AM
Matt Barnes would be a good cheap addition but I'd like to see the Spurs go after him. How about Randolph plus something for Dirk? Maybe Outlaw? Would Mavs fans go for that?

I'd like a little more than Outlaw and Randolph for Dirk....we'd be taking on a serious head case there. Their 1st round pick would have to be involved.

And i'd rather have AIDS than have that faggot Matt Barnes on this team...

picnroll
04-30-2007, 09:52 AM
I'd like a little more than Outlaw and Randolph for Dirk....we'd be taking on a serious head case there. Their 1st round pick would have to be involved.
True. But a competitive headcase who's nuts don't shrivel. Plus he's low post and perimeter.

fitzgerald
04-30-2007, 09:53 AM
Get Dirk the hell out of Dallas. Just a 7 foot jump shooter. He is deadly but his defense is a huge liability. His mental pysche is done. Get KG. Get rid of Stackhouse also. He is a turnover machine. Then go at it again.

monosylab1k
04-30-2007, 09:54 AM
True. But a competitive headcase who's nuts don't shrivel. Plus he's low post and perimeter.

Yeah his skill set is what we need....but his discipline, weight issues, off court issues, all that bullshit baggage is alot to consider taking on....unless we also got their high 1st round pick i'm not interested in Zach Randolph.

Cry Havoc
04-30-2007, 09:54 AM
And you know what, fuck Harris. For all his skills, he still plays like a retarded 8 year old out there. If it's Dirk/Harris for KG then pull the trigger. We need a distributor PG on this team anyways.

Harris is a bit overrated. He doesn't do much except take charges, which is dramatic, sure, but I don't see anything from him that says he can help a team to a title, even off the bench.

Harris last night: 8 points, 1 board, 3 assists, 1 steal, 3-5 shooting, but with 3 turnovers. In 20 minutes, I guess that's acceptable, but it doesn't show how outmatched he is.

I really think KG could be the answer for Dallas. Stackhouse looked sharp last night with 9-10 free throws, making more than any other player (and minus that insane "I-can-penetrate-against-3-Warriors-and-score" drive near the end), and Terry was awesome in the first half.

Dirk did a nice job on the O-boards as well, and people are forgetting that. They just need to cut off those crazy Warrior drives to the hoop. Baron... I don't know if anyone can guard him on the Mavs. He is just an impossible match for a team without a lock-down defender. IF the Warriors beat the Mavs, he'll give either Houston or Utah all kinds of problems next round, too.

monosylab1k
04-30-2007, 10:00 AM
Dirk did a nice job on the O-boards as well, and people are forgetting that.

A few minutes left in the 4th, Dirk got an offensive rebound and had a clear lane to the basket. I can't remember the defender who was nearby (Barnes?) but it was a slight possibility that the guy could have gotten there to maybe contest Dirk.

Instead of being aggresive and taking that shit to the hole, Dirk threw up the most pussy ass of jumpers and didn't come close to making it....that's when I knew the Mavs would lose the game. That's why they'll never win a title with Dirk.

Spurminator
04-30-2007, 10:02 AM
I worry that Dirk might be getting Brad Lidged this series. Don't know if he'll ever be the same if the Mavs lose. That's why it may be time to sell high and trade him while he still holds superstar value.

monosylab1k
04-30-2007, 10:04 AM
I worry that Dirk might be getting Brad Lidged this series. Don't know if he'll ever be the same if the Mavs lose. That's why it may be time to sell high and trade him while he still holds superstar value.

exactly. after the Finals last year and then what's happening now, Dirk's psyche may be completely ruined. we've gotta let him go now or we're gonna be stuck with an even more damaged player.

Cry Havoc
04-30-2007, 10:05 AM
exactly. after the Finals last year and then what's happening now, Dirk's psyche may be completely ruined. we've gotta let him go now or we're gonna be stuck with an even more damaged player.

It might just be a city-based thing, too. You could talk a team into taking him and having a new perspective and a fresh city to live in, and it would probably work. Especially if Dirk doesn't have to be the premier scorer or defender on the team.

fitzgerald
04-30-2007, 10:08 AM

Got to do it. If you wait too long then you will not get superstar value in return. Cuban has to to do it now. If we keep this same team next year, why should Mav fans follow them? Nothing will change. They will win many games in regular season and fail in clutch again. They have to get a superstar with a stronger no quit attitude.

Mr. Body
04-30-2007, 10:33 AM
Late in the game last night, I was thinking getting Dirk a jumpshot was among the best options for the Golden State defense. There was just no way those were going down.

monosylab1k
04-30-2007, 12:30 PM
the DUMP DIRK! campaign has officially kicked off....it won't gain steam until this team starts packing for vacation at around 8:30 Tuesday night, but DUMP DIRK! has started and it's time for MAVS FANS to unite and DEMAND that KEVIN GARNETT come into town to replace the German Pussy.

mardigan
04-30-2007, 12:32 PM
Trade Dirk for the 2nd pick. Pick up Durant, then rule the West with a burnt orange fist for 10-12 years

monosylab1k
04-30-2007, 12:35 PM
Trade Dirk for the 2nd pick. Pick up Durant, then rule the West with a burnt orange fist for 10-12 years

I'd do that in a heartbeat but I just don't think Dirk has enough value to trade him for Durant. I think Dirk for KG is alot more realistic, although after this abortion of a series, Dirk may not even have enough value to get that deal done.

jrod1986
04-30-2007, 12:44 PM
What I don't get about Dirk is I saw him do an awesome spin move in the 3rd quarter-- in the post--(forget who was guarding him) but anyways he just laid it right in. It was the first real post move I've seen Dirk pull of in a long time. And when it was a one point game I kept wondering why Dirk didn't demand the ball and just...score.

Ah well, I still think the Mavs have a great shot in this series if they'll just relax and play like they did 67 times this year.

monosylab1k
05-01-2007, 10:15 AM
How about -

Dirk/Harris/1st rounder to Minnesota for Garnett/1st rounder. We can use this 1st rounder to take Mike Conley so that we finally have a true distributor at PG.

re-sign Stackhouse only if he'll take less money to stay here...if bidding gets too high then fuck him.

sign Desmond Mason. re-sign George....he may be sucking now but overall he was a good signing. re-sign Diop. get Buckner the fuck out of here. don't give up so soon on Ager, Pops, and Barea like we give up on every young guy that doesn't play spectacular from day 1. I think Ager, Pops, and Barea have potential to be really solid backups if given the opportunity to play a little more.

PG - Conley
SG - Terry
SF - Howard
PF - Garnett
C - Diop

bench - Mason, Stackhouse, Dampier, George, Ager, Barea, Pops, Mbenga

this is what I'd like to happen anyways. of course if Dirk grows a pair and leads this team out of this hole and on to a title (or at the very least a WCF loss to San Antonio), then I'd consider keeping him because only then would he be showing the heart of a champion.

Findog
05-01-2007, 10:17 AM

I Know Finley doesn't count against the cap but what about Bradley's dead money? Because if I read this right, Diop is not a FA this summer, like I thought, but we have him through next year. And if we don't count Bradley, our current salary commitments that count against the cap are approximately 57 million.

If you're going to trade Dirk, this is the summer to do it. He's probably peaked, and even with this horrible performance against Golden State, he would instantly make a Leastern team a contender in that conference. His cap figure is only going to get worse while his production starts to decline. Dampier and Terry have pretty bad contracts going forward as well.

If we're going to make minor roster tweaks, we need a low-post back to the basket scoring threat...Zach Randolph without the max money and off-court headcase issues, or a Boozer type, etc. Don't know how we could get Gasol here without paying too much of a price. Otherwise, if we're going to just blow it all up, Dirk, Damp and Terry should go because of their contracts.

monosylab1k
05-01-2007, 10:31 AM
according to ESPN, Diop has a team option for next year. Either way, he's gotta be in their future plans. He's got the potential to be alot better than he is right now. He could be the post player we need. He's still young and has decent offensive skills, he just seems to be too scared to use them in a game.

pad300
05-01-2007, 10:59 AM

If I was Minnesota, I would want nothing to do with that trade. They need a full rebuild (ie. 2 or 3 new starters), and KG is there only trading chip. Dirk will just keep them at the edge of the playoffs/late lottery spot, which is a lousy place to be.

However, somebody speculated about Dirk for Gasol earlier. That might work - assuming that Memphis gets Greg Oden to hold down the post, a GO - Dirk front line might work pretty well. I'm not sure if they would try and hold you up for Harris or a pick as well. I'm not sure it's so good from your end - it makes it much easier for teams to play conventional defensive ball on you.

As I have said before, I am not sure that I trade Dirk, even with his lack of crunch time clutchness and leadership issues. I just think you need a C beside him who can be used as a primary scoring option when playing against a team going small/micro ball. I would look to trade Dampier. Again, my personal suggestion is Zach Randolph. Whatever else be said about him, he can score in the post...

Findog
05-01-2007, 11:08 AM
If I was Minnesota, I would want nothing to do with that trade. They need a full rebuild (ie. 2 or 3 new starters), and KG is there only trading chip. Dirk will just keep them at the edge of the playoffs/late lottery spot, which is a lousy place to be.

However, somebody speculated about Dirk for Gasol earlier. That might work - assuming that Memphis gets Greg Oden to hold down the post, a GO - Dirk front line might work pretty well. I'm not sure if they would try and hold you up for Harris or a pick as well. I'm not sure it's so good from your end - it makes it much easier for teams to play conventional defensive ball on you.

As I have said before, I am not sure that I trade Dirk, even with his lack of crunch time clutchness and leadership issues. I just think you need a C beside him who can be used as a primary scoring option when playing against a team going small/micro ball. I would look to trade Dampier. Again, my personal suggestion is Zach Randolph. Whatever else be said about him, he can score in the post...

Randolph is the perfect complementary piece, except he's got a max deal and he's trouble waiting to happen off the court.

picnroll
05-01-2007, 11:23 AM
I agree with pad300. Pups should be looking for young talent and high picks for KG. Dirk is no answer for them, less so than for the Mavs. Of course the Mavs have McHale's decision making going for them.

pad300
05-01-2007, 02:30 PM
Randolph is the perfect complementary piece, except he's got a max deal and he's trouble waiting to happen off the court.

Dampier isn't cheap himself. Dampier for Randolph straight up works by the CBA. The deals are the same length (4 years after this one). You'll pay some extra luxury tax, but that doesn't seem to bother Cubes much. It should be practical to make a workable deal.

Yeah, Randolph is trouble waiting to happen off-court. But a team (with a strong coach) can handle one knucklehead (see S-Jax on the Spurs). Stackhouse makes a second knucklehead, but his contract expires this year, so don't bring Stackhouse back. I'd say it's worth a shot, because I don't really see the Dirk era ending with rings without some sort of a kick in the ass.

Findog
05-01-2007, 02:35 PM
I've thought about that -- but if Nate McMillan can't keep Randolph in line, how could Avery? And why would the Trailblazers be willing to take Dampier off our hands? Looking at how much money we've committed to Dirk, Terry and Dampier over the next 3-4 years, last year might've been our best shot. Until we can get a back to the basket low-post scorer, we're a long way from a title.

Stackhouse has been nothing but a model citizen and has brought a needed dose of toughness to this team. I want him on my side in a knifefight.

I don't know if Bradley's dead money counts against the cap next year or not, but we currently have $57 million in cap obligations for 07-08. Dampier has a terrible deal, Dirk has a max deal, Terry is owed 48 million over the next five seasons, and we gave Buck a five year midlevel contract. Finley's salary next year doesn't count towards the cap.

Spurminator
05-01-2007, 02:43 PM
I agree with pad300. Pups should be looking for young talent and high picks for KG. Dirk is no answer for them, less so than for the Mavs. Of course the Mavs have McHale's decision making going for them.

But can Minnesota get Dirk-level talent with any of those picks? In this scenario, you're getting a guaranteed superstar who is by no means old. And you've still got your 2007 Lottery pick.

picnroll
05-01-2007, 03:29 PM
But can Minnesota get Dirk-level talent with any of those picks? In this scenario, you're getting a guaranteed superstar who is by no means old. And you've still got your 2007 Lottery pick.
Dirk-level on Minnessota will keep them right where they are, in the lottery. If KG can't do it how will Dirk as his replacement? They can probably get some very good talent from Chicago, say the NY pick if it isn't top two or three, Thomas and maybe throw in Thefalosa. Tank a year with a top three lottery pick in '08 and Pups have built enough for hope for the future with that talent plus the young players they have already. If I was McHale that's what I'd be shooting for.

ElNono
05-01-2007, 03:43 PM
Dirk-level on Minnessota will keep them right where they are, in the lottery. If KG can't do it how will Dirk as his replacement? They can probably get some very good talent from Chicago, say the NY pick if it isn't top two or three, Thomas and maybe throw in Thefalosa. Tank a year with a top three lottery pick in '08 and Pups have built enough for hope for the future with that talent plus the young players they have already. If I was McHale that's what I'd be shooting for.

Everything you said made sense until you tried to equate yourself to McHale. You seem to actually have a brain. The only reason a trade like KG for Dirk would work is *because* McHale is an idiot.

confined
05-01-2007, 08:04 PM
i think dirk for jermain o'neill would help us tremendously...hes a great post player...good mid-range shoot, and is an excelant post defender...and if desmund mason wants to be a maverick(like the rumors say) then we'd have an awesome defensive team...and a sick small ball line-up...and we could def. let croshere go and maybe resign stack if he desides to return

Damp/diop,mbenga
O'neill/george
howard/stack,buckner
mason,terry, ager
harris,terry, barera

pretty decent team if you ask me

Findog
05-03-2007, 12:08 PM
The luxury tax threshold for next year is $68 million. Finley's 07-08 salary doesn't count against the cap but the Mavs will be paying Bradley 5 million. Does that dead money count against the cap? Because I thought he retired. Otherwise, without the $5 million owed to Bradley, Dallas has $57 million in cap obligations for next year.

monosylab1k
06-18-2007, 02:33 PM
so any new theories on what the Mavs have to do to be winners?

confined
06-18-2007, 04:30 PM
dont sign trash like buckner and george :clap :clap :clap

ponky
06-18-2007, 04:43 PM
so any new theories on what the Mavs have to do to be winners?

stay together...i'm over the whole cliff-jumping let's break the team apart b.s. from our ass-kicking by the warriors. mavs are the only team that has been able to bump the spurs before the finals since 2001 (lakers don't count, they are disbanded in their former form) so i'd put my cards on the spurs to be right there next season in the wcf, can't cross your fingers and say this is their last one just because they're a year older next year. oh yeah, it would help if we could avoid the warriors next season or grow some balls and kick their ass during the regular season to gain confidence. oh, and put harris at pg for a full 40, he needs to play starter minutes and assume responsibility if we ever expect to realize anything from him. we'll never know if he's going to have what it takes until he gets starter minutes. if he fails then bump him, but at least give him a chance at starting position because jet's not the guy to get it done. big changes, i'm not crazy about, look where it's gotten us in the past....smaller ones involving guys like george, buckner, mbenga, yeah whatever.

gaKNOW!blee
06-18-2007, 04:44 PM
hope Duncan retires soon.

ponky
06-18-2007, 04:46 PM
hope Duncan retires soon.

he doesn't play for the warriors or heat

ShoogarBear
06-18-2007, 04:52 PM
so any new theories on what the Mavs have to do to be winners?Keep Kobe happy after the trade?

Spurminator
06-18-2007, 04:54 PM
My god, has it really been a month and a half since the first round???

gaKNOW!blee
06-18-2007, 04:55 PM
he doesn't play for the warriors or heat

no, but the West runs through the Spurs and Tim sent him home twice.

monosylab1k
06-18-2007, 04:56 PM
Keep Kobe happy after the trade?

i wish

ShoogarBear
06-18-2007, 04:57 PM
My god, has it really been a month and a half since the first round???I was thinking the same thing.

Dirk Nowitzki
06-18-2007, 06:53 PM
stay together...i'm over the whole cliff-jumping let's break the team apart b.s. from our ass-kicking by the warriors. mavs are the only team that has been able to bump the spurs before the finals since 2001 (lakers don't count, they are disbanded in their former form) so i'd put my cards on the spurs to be right there next season in the wcf, can't cross your fingers and say this is their last one just because they're a year older next year. oh yeah, it would help if we could avoid the warriors next season or grow some balls and kick their ass during the regular season to gain confidence. oh, and put harris at pg for a full 40, he needs to play starter minutes and assume responsibility if we ever expect to realize anything from him. we'll never know if he's going to have what it takes until he gets starter minutes. if he fails then bump him, but at least give him a chance at starting position because jet's not the guy to get it done. big changes, i'm not crazy about, look where it's gotten us in the past....smaller ones involving guys like george, buckner, mbenga, yeah whatever.

Sorry but keeping a team in tact that LACKS INSIDE OFFENSE is fucking retarded. The Spurs were by far a much more physical team this year than last year. Their physical play would of made us piss our pants this season. I am against keeping this team intact. We NEED inside offense. You cant spin this. You cant avoid it now. This is a serious need and anyone who understands the NBA knows this is a 100% FACT! Of course we also need heart, balls, mental toughness but that is something we cant sign or trade for. What we can trade for is an inside scorer. If we keep most of this team intact, we will be the same team that has now been fully exposed to the NBA. A pussy jump shooting team who folds under pressure when teams get rough and physical with us. I am sorry but if something is broke FIX IT!
:pctoss

Cry Havoc
06-18-2007, 07:18 PM
Sorry but keeping a team in tact that LACKS INSIDE OFFENSE is fucking retarded. The Spurs were by far a much more physical team this year than last year. Their physical play would of made us piss our pants this season. I am against keeping this team intact. We NEED inside offense. You cant spin this. You cant avoid it now. This is a serious need and anyone who understands the NBA knows this is a 100% FACT! Of course we also need heart, balls, mental toughness but that is something we cant sign or trade for. What we can trade for is an inside scorer. If we keep most of this team intact, we will be the same team that has now been fully exposed to the NBA. A pussy jump shooting team who folds under pressure when teams get rough and physical with us. I am sorry but if something is broke FIX IT!

Why does getting inside offense equal dismantling the whole team?

The Spurs lacked speed at the 5 spot last year, but we didn't trade Tim, Tony, and Manu off to get guys to fit our system better.

You Mavs fans sure are a confusing bunch. :wtf

ponky
06-18-2007, 07:25 PM
no, but the West runs through the Spurs and Tim sent him home twice.

i was mostly kidding but seriously, timmy sent who home twice? dirk was wet behind the ears the first time and giddy about an 0-2 comeback against the jazz sending the mavs to the first playoff victory in ages. inn 2003 he barely got to play before having to sit out the rest of the series thanks to an injury after colliding with manu. both nellie era teams, not this team that beat the spurs last year. like i said, the spurs WILL be right there the next couple of years, i'd rather stack up against them than worry about how to beat the *warriors*

ponky
06-18-2007, 07:35 PM

lol, a much more *physical* team than last year. LMFAO, don't buy the *dirty* spurs hype, they haven't changed, they are as good as they were last year, which is to say very good, and the rest of the league continued to be it's usual mediocre self. you didn't bitch and moan when we were winning in the regular season and saying "uh oh, we're going to get fucked in the playoffs" and i didn't hear you screaming this shit at the beginning of the playoffs or everytime we beat the spurs in the regular season.

i'm not saying there aren't problems that need to be addressed. dirk needs to definitely grow a pair and take it inside and feed off the whistles. i have no doubt that he's tough because i've seen him play injured more often than most little babies who would rather take a leave of absence, but for some reason he's not transferring that into going inside. devin needs to be allowed to play 40 and stop with the jumpshooting practice, drive it to the hole as is his natural shot. stack, i have no problems with other than his age and his occasional ballhog tendencies. he's tough, people hate him, he drives to the lane without fear, he can take the occasional outside shot, i'd keep him for pennies. jho needs to play smarter. the kid plays well and he's also got the mental toughness to not take shit from anybody but he needs a bit more calmness in his game because he tends to make mistakes or fade at the most inopportune times. we aren't going to move damp so good luck with that shit. diop's here for another year and he's developed a lot more this year, particularly at the end of the season that i'm willing to keep him as long as he doesn't get lazy.

ponky
06-18-2007, 07:38 PM

The Spurs lacked speed at the 5 spot last year, but we didn't trade Tim, Tony, and Manu off to get guys to fit our system better.

it doesn't, dirk nowitzki poster is just knee-jerking. only a fucking moron would not look at the spurs and see that they've made subtle adjustments to the team every year without changing the core which is probably one of the reasons they've failed to win a back to back ring but have over the course of the decade secured four rings. besides, cuban would be a freakin' idiot to blow up the team like he's done in the past and let core guys go, look what's happened to those guys. yeah, let jho or devin go and next year they have a career best year :rolleyes

monosylab1k
06-18-2007, 09:13 PM

it doesn't. nobody is suggesting that.

there's two factions of Mavs fans right now - A) The type saying "this team is very close to winning a title the way it is, let's not screw with it, let's ride it out and see where this team takes us" and then there's B) the type saying "this team is fatally flawed due to their lack of mental toughness in clutch situations and their inability to find a creative solution to problems on the court"

Side A accuses Side B of making a "knee-jerk reaction". Side B accuses Side A of not seeing the underlying problems at the very core of this team. Side A makes excuses like "Golden State wasn't really a true 8 seed". I'm a little more partial to Side B because I see things their way a little more, but in reality the truth lies in the middle.

Dallas definitely should not make major changes (unless it's getting Kobe without losing Dirk)....at the same time making a few minor "tweaks" involving spare parts like Devean George and Austin Croshere won't get us any closer to a title either.

nsrammstein
06-18-2007, 09:35 PM
The moment the first post popped up saying how trading Dirk would ''tremendously'' help us out I lost interest in this thread.

Findog
06-19-2007, 12:05 AM

there's two factions of Mavs fans right now - A) The type saying "this team is very close to winning a title the way it is, let's not screw with it, let's ride it out and see where this team takes us" and then there's B) the type saying "this team is fatally flawed due to their lack of mental toughness in clutch situations and their inability to find a creative solution to problems on the court"

Side A accuses Side B of making a "knee-jerk reaction". Side B accuses Side A of not seeing the underlying problems at the very core of this team. Side A makes excuses like "Golden State wasn't really a true 8 seed". I'm a little more partial to Side B because I see things their way a little more, but in reality the truth lies in the middle.

Dallas definitely should not make major changes (unless it's getting Kobe without losing Dirk)....at the same time making a few minor "tweaks" involving spare parts like Devean George and Austin Croshere won't get us any closer to a title either.

This isn't the off-season to "blow things up." I think that point is 2 years off if we backslide.

mavs>spurs2
06-19-2007, 12:08 AM
Mavs just need an inside scorer.

We're one signing away from being the favorites again to win it all.

ShoogarBear
06-19-2007, 12:15 AM
Mavs just need an inside scorer.
Or just need Dirk to really commit to being on the blocks in crunch time.

Findog
06-19-2007, 12:18 AM
Or just need Dirk to really commit to being on the blocks in crunch time.

Yeah, he ALWAYS settles for jumpers:

http://farm2.static.flickr.com/1278/567468012_b65ce86f44_o.jpg

Anyways, congrats on the fourth title. Hope to see you next May.

Trainwreck2100
06-19-2007, 12:21 AM
Terry blows

ShoogarBear
06-19-2007, 12:23 AM
Why must Mav Fan always live in the past? :)

Findog
06-19-2007, 12:26 AM
Why must Mav Fan always live in the past? :)

Hey man, the 2006-07 season is over. Stop reveling in past glory. You guys are more pathetic than Celtics fans. :p:

Dirk Nowitzki
06-19-2007, 03:42 AM
No inside scorer=guaranteed early playoff elimination for the Mavs next season. Add in heart to that need list as well.

Dirk Nowitzki
06-19-2007, 03:47 AM

EXACTLY YOU HAD TIM!!! That was your inside scorer not to mention amazing leader. You also had stars developing within Manu and Parker. The Mavs have ZERO INTERIOR POST PLAYERS with any kind of developing post game. We cant and wont come close to winning a title if we dont solve that problem. This major weakness cant be avoided anymore.

dg7md
06-19-2007, 03:51 AM
Yeah, he ALWAYS settles for jumpers:

http://farm2.static.flickr.com/1278/567468012_b65ce86f44_o.jpg

Anyways, congrats on the fourth title. Hope to see you next May.

Oh yeah?

http://img341.imageshack.us/img341/4379/raananheatjk2.jpg

Way to show one part of the book of failure that is the 05-06 Dallas Mavericks.

Mavs are tough and extremely talented. But they have not showed anybody they can really compete with the playoff seasoned competition. How have they so far? I can see them getting to the WCF if they do some minor moves, aside from that, with what they have right now... no.

ponky
06-19-2007, 05:53 AM

yawn, whatever. tunes change all the time based on how well a team is doing at any given moment.

ponky
06-19-2007, 05:56 AM
Oh yeah?

http://img341.imageshack.us/img341/4379/raananheatjk2.jpg

Way to show one part of the book of failure that is the 05-06 Dallas Mavericks.

Mavs are tough and extremely talented. But they have not showed anybody they can really compete with the playoff seasoned competition. How have they so far? I can see them getting to the WCF if they do some minor moves, aside from that, with what they have right now... no.

jesus fucking christ, the pic was not a dig at the spurs but rather an example of dirk in the freakin' paint...and it was in response to another mavs fan. don't get so pissy at someone who actually congratulated you guys on getting your fourth. fucking blind hatred....it sucks, at least put some thought into your blathering.

now you want a dig at the spurs so you can bitch some more? what the fuck is this mierda about not competing with "playoff seasoned competition?" the spurs fit that definition of yours way more than the heat who were also first-timers last season and last time i checked we competed with your team pretty well last season. i'm not keen on dwelling on past seasons much but you brought it up so it's worth pointing out how incorrect you are.

Findog
06-19-2007, 07:15 AM
Oh yeah?

But they have not showed anybody they can really compete with the playoff seasoned competition. How have they so far? I can see them getting to the WCF if they do some minor moves, aside from that, with what they have right now... no.

Wow, that's quite the putdown of your own team. It's true we haven't run into Bill Russell's Celtics or Magic's Lakers, but we play who we play.

Findog
06-19-2007, 07:17 AM
don't get so pissy at someone who actually congratulated you guys on getting your fourth. fucking blind hatred....it sucks, at least put some thought into your blathering.

What was that about the Spurs being a "classy" organization? Too bad it doesn't rub off on most of their fans. I also like how Spurs fans constantly say we're "envious" of them and are obsessed with them, then they make sure to litter up their forum with anti-Mavs threads as soon as they win their fourth title. Aren't we just as irrelevant as the other 29 teams that didn't get it done?

And I don't know about you, but I didn't watch a minute of their first-round series against Denver, I wasn't interested. And I was rooting for the Spurs to win their fourth title so Finley could finally be a champion. But they were watching us -- as soon as we beat the Warriors in Games 2 and 5, how many wailing and screeching threads complaining about the officiating came up? They're watching our games, screaming when we win, celebrating when we lose, and debasing themselves with anti-Mav threads when they win. Since the Spurs have been a much more successful franchise than the Mavs, I'm guessing that's a San Antonio-Dallas thing, not a Spurs-Mavs thing.

Islymore
06-19-2007, 07:41 AM
What was that about the Spurs being a "classy" organization? Too bad it doesn't rub off on most of their fans. I also like how Spurs fans constantly say we're "envious" of them and are obsessed with them, then they make sure to litter up their forum with anti-Mavs threads as soon as they win their fourth title. Aren't we just as irrelevant as the other 29 teams that didn't get it done?

And I don't know about you, but I didn't watch a minute of their first-round series against Denver, I wasn't interested. And I was rooting for the Spurs to win their fourth title so Finley could finally be a champion. But they were watching us -- as soon as we beat the Warriors in Games 2 and 5, how many wailing and screeching threads complaining about the officiating came up? They're watching our games, screaming when we win, celebrating when we lose, and debasing themselves with anti-Mav threads when they win. Since the Spurs have been a much more successful franchise than the Mavs, I'm guessing that's a San Antonio-Dallas thing, not a Spurs-Mavs thing.

yeah... i kinda agree... didnt watch much of any of the Spurs series actually, didnt even catch any of the Finals games. I knew SA would win and I wanted Mike to win, could care less about the other Spurs, honestly. But to see him sooo happy, made me happy.

anyway - these threads will continue to pop up until the Mavs win a title, however unfortunate, it's still true. bc yes, we are irrelevant like the other 29 teams, but its easy to talk shit about Dallas given the past two upsets.

but even when the Mavs do win a title and it will be soon enuf, talk will become "4>1" or some shit like that... the fans make it a SA-Dallas thing, not the teams tho. there will always be threads like this.... eventually tho hopefully everyone will be :sleep with them *SOONER THAN LATER*...

monosylab1k
06-19-2007, 08:39 AM
yawn, whatever. tunes change all the time based on how well a team is doing at any given moment.

This has been a complaint for a long time now. It has been YEARS now that every offseason Mavs fans have said "Dirk needs a post game" and he still hasn't got one (or at least a reliable one that can be used in the playoffs). After the Finals last year everyone said "quit being pussies and settling for jumpers" and one year later in the 1st round they proved that they learned NOTHING. To me, that shows some serious problems.

Dirk Nowitzki
06-19-2007, 08:51 AM
This has been a complaint for a long time now. It has been YEARS now that every offseason Mavs fans have said "Dirk needs a post game" and he still hasn't got one (or at least a reliable one that can be used in the playoffs). After the Finals last year everyone said "quit being pussies and settling for jumpers" and one year later in the 1st round they proved that they learned NOTHING. To me, that shows some serious problems.

:clap :clap Thank you! For years the Mavs have needed an inside game. I love how everyone keeps thinking it isnt that big of a need. Dirk isnt a post player and will never be one. Even during regular season I had concerns about our lack of a post game. Name me a team who won a title excluding MJ's bulls that had ZERO post game offense? Nuff said. Driving to the hoop is nice and all but it only does so much. That is like saying throwing short passes to the running back to gain yards makes up for the lack of a running game.

Bruno
06-19-2007, 09:04 AM
jesus fucking christ, the pic was not a dig at the spurs but rather an example of dirk in the freakin' paint...and it was in response to another mavs fan.

:rolleyes

So posting a pic of one of the most painfull moment for some Spurs fans on a Spurs board isn't trolling. This guy has posted this pic just to tease people. I don't care but I can understand some people reaction. Dirk driving one time proves nothing and doesn't change that he is mainly a jumpshooter.

You had to wonder soemthing about Mavs : they have been one of the best regular season team these last 7 years and there playoff resume is quite weak. 2 first round exit, 3 second round exit, one conference final lost and one final lost isn't a good resume.

Cuban has tried to change his coach and his recruting philosophy (less player turnover, less all star and more roel players) and it hasn't work for the moment. Should Mavs continue in that way or change another element ?

IMO Mavs biggest need is another reliable scoring option. Terry and Dirk are great jumpshooters but it's less reliable than a slasher or low post scorer. Howard disapear in the second half. Harris isn't a good offensive player. Stackhouse is old and inconsistent.

Findog
06-19-2007, 09:10 AM
So posting a pic of one of the most painfull moment for some Spurs fans on a Spurs board isn't trolling.

Is this forum closed to Spurs fans only? Do I need to change my registration to Spurs fan in order to keep posting? This isn't a homer board, that's a credit to Kori and you and your fellow posters. How many threads have there been piling on Dirk and the Mavs? You're not gonna stick up for your team when they get constantly shitted on?

You had to wonder soemthing about Mavs : they have been one of the best regular season team these last 7 years and there playoff resume is quite weak. 2 first round exit, 3 second round exit, one conference final lost and one final lost isn't a good resume.

Maybe in comparison to the Lakers, Bulls, Celtics, Spurs, etc. But where most teams reside, it's pretty good.

Cuban has tried to change his coach and his recruting philosophy (less player turnover, less all star and more roel players) and it hasn't work for the moment. Should Mavs continue in that way or change another element ?

Well, they were the dregs of the League when he took over and the only guy left from when the sale was completed is Dirk. Cuban has deep pockets and wants to win. Most owners are just content to turn a profit and/or be competitive. Cuban wants a title, and sooner or later we're going to get one.

Bruno
06-19-2007, 09:22 AM
Is this forum closed to Spurs fans only? Do I need to change my registration to Spurs fan in order to keep posting? This isn't a homer board, that's a credit to Kori and you and your fellow posters. How many threads have there been piling on Dirk and the Mavs? You're not gonna stick up for your team when they get constantly shitted on?

When you post a pic of the Manu foul, you're trolling.
When you say that Dirk can drive/slash like he did in the Spurs serie you're arguing.
Posting this pic brings nothing outside teasing some Spurs fans.

Some Spurs fans are stupid and bring Dallas lost series against Heat/Wariors every time they argue with a Mavs fan but you are as stupid than them when you post this pic in every thread where Dirk/Mavs are mentioned.

Maybe in comparison to the Lakers, Bulls, Celtics, Spurs, etc. But where most teams reside, it's pretty good.

For a team that hasn't lost more than 30 games per year these last 7 years, it's quite weak.
I don't say Mavs are a bad team, I just say that their playoffs results should be better given tehir regular season level.

Findog
06-19-2007, 09:28 AM
When you post a pic of the Manu foul, you're trolling.
When you say that Dirk can drive/slash like he did in the Spurs serie you're arguing.
Posting this pic brings nothing outside teasing some Spurs fans.

When people call Dirk a choker or other lame smacktalk, they're trolling.

When they say he had a bad series against Miami and GS and there are serious questions about whether he'll ever lead a team to a title, they're debating and arguing.

Doing the former makes me want to stick up for my team and give as good as I get.

Doing the latter forces me to grudgingly agree that Dirk has brought a lot of legitimate criticism upon himself and it's an open question of whether he's a very good player or whether he'll prove himself to be one of the all-time greats when his career is over.

Some Spurs fans are stupid and bring Dallas lost series against Heat/Wariors every time they argue with a Mavs fan but you are as stupid than them when you post this pic in every thread where Dirk/Mavs are mentioned.

I'll post that pic whenever I feel like people are piling on. If people want to be unfair towards my team, I'll be unfair right back and serve them a taste of their own medicine. This isn't directed at you personally bc you're not a part of that phenomenon, but be respectful to my team and I'll extend you the same courtesy.

For a team that hasn't lost more than 30 games per year these last 7 years, it's quite weak.
I don't say Mavs are a bad team, I just say that their playoffs results should be better given tehir regular season level

The Mavs were not a legitimate title contender during the Shaq/Kobe days. I mean, honestly, who were they supposed to beat aside from the Warriors?

2001: Spurs
2002: Kings
2003: Spurs
2004: Kings
2005: Suns
2006: Heat
2007: Warriors

By my count, the only teams there they were even with were the Kings in 2004 and the Heat in 2006. And there's no shame involved in losing to either of those teams.

Bruno
06-19-2007, 09:57 AM
When people call Dirk a choker or other lame smacktalk, they're trolling.

Trolling on a Spurs board when you are a Spurs fan is less annoying than when you're a Mavs fan.
The most anoying trolls are the one who gets the most answers and given that most of the posters are Spurs fans, a Mavs fan is more anoying.

I'll post that pic whenever I feel like people are piling on. If people want to be unfair towards my team, I'll be unfair right back and serve them a taste of their own medicine

Sorry, but it's stupid.
First, the stupidity isn't the best answer towards the stupidity. It just put you in the same category than stupid people. Maybe you should try to ignore stupid posts.
Second, good luck if you want to turn a Spurs board into a fair board for Mavs. Fans aren't fair . If you can't support that some people are somewhere on th www unfair with Mavs, you have a problem. By your trolling, you won't turn Spurstalk into Fairtalk but into Smacktalk.

The Mavs were not a legitimate title contender during the Shaq/Kobe days. I mean, honestly, who were they supposed to beat aside from the Warriors?

2001: Spurs
2002: Kings
2003: Spurs
2004: Kings
2005: Suns
2006: Heat
2007: Warriors

By my count, the only teams there they were even with were the Kings in 2004 and the Heat in 2006. And there's no shame involved in losing to either of those teams.

How many times, Mavs have stepped up during the playoffs ?
last year against Spurs and ?
Mavs aren't playoff chokers but they haven't been able to raise their level durign playoffs.

Findog
06-19-2007, 10:01 AM
Second, good luck if you want to turn a Spurs board into a fair board for Mavs. Fans aren't fair . If you can't support that some people are somewhere on th www unfair with Mavs, you have a problem.

No, they're not, and I don't have a problem with it. This isn't politics, it's sports. Most of the time it's in good fun.

How many times, Mavs have stepped up during the playoffs ?
last year against Spurs and ?
Mavs aren't playoff chokers but they haven't been able to raise their level durign playoffs.

I think it's ridiculous to say they should've beaten the Spurs in 2001 and 2003, or the Kings in 2002 and the Suns in 2005. All those teams were better than the Mavs.

ponky
06-19-2007, 10:53 AM
bruno stop being so freakin' thin-skinned, god gawd, it's like we should handle you with kid gloves. fuck this, i'm off to playing with the xbox again, i'll check in every when the draft starts but i can't stand this constant tit for tat starting up again, go celebrate your ring

Findog
06-19-2007, 11:04 AM
bruno stop being so freakin' thin-skinned, god gawd, it's like we should handle you with kid gloves. fuck this, i'm off to playing with the xbox again, i'll check in every when the draft starts but i can't stand this constant tit for tat starting up again, go celebrate your ring

We mustn't desecrate the Holy Chapel of Spurstalk.

ShoogarBear
06-19-2007, 11:19 AM
You can always go have these stimulating discussions on a Mavs board.

ShoogarBear
06-19-2007, 11:20 AM
You can always go have these stimulating discussions on a Mavs board.:lmao :lmao :lmao :lmao

ShoogarBear
06-19-2007, 11:21 AM
Seriously, I am very interested in what Mav Fan thinks the Mavs need to do.

Hoping they go for the "back up the truck" route myself, as do probably most Spur fans.

Bruno
06-19-2007, 11:29 AM

You're way off.

I don't give a fuck about someone posting this picture. I was just surprised that it was by Findog, who is one of the best Mavs poster. If he wants to go that way, fine, I will just ignore him and laugh at his stupidity like I do with all other Mavs trolls. I never go after troll on Spurstalk.

It's just BB and an internet message board, there are a lot of things more important in the life than that. People can say whatever they want about Spurs or you can even insult me if you like it, I don't care.

Findog
06-19-2007, 11:33 AM
You're way off.

I don't give a fuck about someone posting this picture. I was just surprised that it was by Findog, who is one of the best Mavs poster. If he wants to go that way, fine, I will just ignore him and laugh at his stupidity like I do with all other Mavs trolls. I never go after troll on Spurstalk.

It's just BB and an internet message board, there are a lot of things more important in the life than that. People can say whatever they want about Spurs or you can even insult me if you like it, I don't care.

Look man, I'm honestly not trying to troll. You watch your team go down in flames and get shit on for two months. You lose patience after awhile.

Findog
06-19-2007, 11:34 AM
You can always go have these stimulating discussions on a Mavs board.

LMF is actually a really good one:

http://www.websitetoolbox.com/tool/mb/lmf

Findog
06-19-2007, 11:36 AM

Hoping they go for the "back up the truck" route myself, as do probably most Spur fans.

I think this team's problems are honestly mostly between the ears. Before we break this thing up so we can match up with Golden State, it's important to keep in mind that we're pretty much the only team in the League capable of beating the current dynasty.

After we beat you guys last year, Pop did nothing but make cosmetic changes. What did Bonner and Elson give you that Rasho and Nazr didn't?

monosylab1k
06-19-2007, 11:52 AM
I think this team's problems are honestly mostly between the ears.

Those are the toughest problems to fix. No amount of practice or offseason work will fix this thing if they don't have it mentally.

leemajors
06-19-2007, 11:57 AM
I think this team's problems are honestly mostly between the ears. Before we break this thing up so we can match up with Golden State, it's important to keep in mind that we're pretty much the only team in the League capable of beating the current dynasty.

After we beat you guys last year, Pop did nothing but make cosmetic changes. What did Bonner and Elson give you that Rasho and Nazr didn't?
cap relief.

ShoogarBear
06-19-2007, 12:54 PM
Bruno, Findog was just trying to run some smack with the photo, cut him some slack.

After all, that moment was the pinnacle of Maverickdom.

ShoogarBear
06-19-2007, 12:55 PM
After we beat you guys last year, Pop did nothing but make cosmetic changes. What did Bonner and Elson give you that Rasho and Nazr didn't?Playoff minutes.

But you're right. The forever unanswered mystery of this year is what would have happened if the Mavs had run into the Spurs again in the WCF.

MavericksDynasty
06-19-2007, 01:11 PM
Playoff minutes.

But you're right. The forever unanswered mystery of this year is what would have happened if the Mavs had run into the Spurs again in the WCF.

Honestly, I think we would've lost. We burned ourselves out playing all 82 like it was Game 7 of the Finals. The Warriors were much better than their record and they give us fits bc of the matchups, but if we can't beat them, I don't see how we beat you..at this particular time. We peaked in March and couldn't sustain it.

EDIT...oh shit, forgot to log back into findog.

Bruno
06-19-2007, 01:30 PM
After all, that moment was the pinnacle of Maverickdom.

You forget the three point contest won by Dirk. Thanks Refs. ;)

ShoogarBear
06-19-2007, 01:36 PM
Honestly, I think we would've lost. We burned ourselves out playing all 82 like it was Game 7 of the Finals. The Warriors were much better than their record and they give us fits bc of the matchups, but if we can't beat them, I don't see how we beat you..at this particular time. We peaked in March and couldn't sustain it.Eh, now that it's over, I can admit I was mad scared of the Mavs. They were just a bad matchup for the Spurs in every way.

Now, one thing is that the Spurs suddenly became a good rebounding team in the playoffs (still haven't figured that out yet), somehow managing to beat probably the two best rebounding teams in the league (Jazz, Cavs) on the boards. So that would have been a big help.

But unless the Mavs suddenly started going gaa-gaa-goo-goo mentally, it would have been extremely tough for the Spurs.

EDIT...oh shit, forgot to log back into findog.:lol

Dirk Nowitzki
06-19-2007, 02:04 PM

A PLAYER WHO CAN SCORE INSIDE CONSISTENTLY, A PLAYER WHO CAN SCORE INSIDE CONSISTENTLY, A PLAYER WHO CAN SCORE INSIDE CONSISTENTLY, Oh yeah did I mention that the Mavs need A PLAYER WHO CAN SCORE INSIDE CONSISTENTLY! In terms of talent/players we have to have that. We wont improve our chances to win a championship without a low post game unless your name is Michael Jordan. Fuck wing players and fuck point guards. A player who can score inside night to night is the teams biggest needs. We have to address this weakness. We need lots of other intangibles as well but I am saying what the team needs that they can get via trade.

StylisticS
06-19-2007, 03:00 PM
You forget the three point contest won by Dirk. Thanks Refs. ;)
But Terry would have gone to the finals anyway so HA!. :lol

stretch
11-29-2011, 06:06 PM
how times have changed...

Dirk = a motherfucker

Killakobe81
11-29-2011, 06:11 PM
LOL a ring CHANGES everything ...

DPG21920
11-29-2011, 06:44 PM
I know he is an emo douche, but I forgot that the Mavs traded for Rudy Fernandez. He could help that team significantly considering they needed someone who could handle the ball, get to the rim, create and hit 3's at the 2 spot and they didn't give up any contributor to do that.

stretch
11-30-2011, 10:47 AM
I completely forgot they got Fernandez as well.

Kidd
Fernandez
Marion
Dirk
Chandler

Roddy
Terry
Butler
Haywood

Sounds like a boss lineup to me...

stretch
11-30-2011, 10:51 AM
As much as I have come to appreciate Barea, unless they can get him for super cheap, they need to let him walk and give Roddy or DoJo a chance to develop.

Roddy has the tools to replace him and be superior, but he doesnt have the experience/instincts. Jones has the instincts, but hasn't developed the tools (a jumper in particular).

Kinda reminds me of the David Ass/Cart McCry situation at UT...

Amuseddaysleeper
11-30-2011, 10:55 AM
You guys think the Mavs will be able to re-sign Chandler?

DPG21920
11-30-2011, 10:56 AM
Fo Sho

stretch
11-30-2011, 10:58 AM
I'm sure they will be able to.

What are the Spurs up to these days? I still don't have access to the Spurs forum so I don't know what is going on over there.

Giuseppe
11-30-2011, 11:10 AM
^Nene is bringing his single nut to Bexar County, & they're going to trade Hill for the umpteenth time.

DMC
11-30-2011, 11:16 AM

What are the Spurs up to these days? I still don't have access to the Spurs forum so I don't know what is going on over there.
The hopes have risen to Kris Humphries.

Monostradamus
11-30-2011, 11:19 AM
Here's my proposal. Trade Dirk and Howard to Chicago for Tyrus Thomas, Luol Deng, and Chicago's first round pick.

LMAO LOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOL

Holy shit that has to be the most retarded trade scenario ever created in the history of this site. I am official the dumbest poster on this site not named CubanSucks.

Giuseppe
11-30-2011, 11:21 AM
LMAO LOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOL

Holy shit that has to be the most retarded trade scenario ever created in the history of this site. I am official the dumbest poster on this site not named CubanSucks.

Thank Christ.

Now maybe DoK will climb up your ass & play dead in your shit for The Trade.

Monostradamus
11-30-2011, 11:22 AM

right about Harris before the Kidd trade tho :smokin

Monostradamus
11-30-2011, 11:23 AM
Thank Christ.

Now maybe DoK will climb up your ass & play dead in your shit for The Trade.

You've no room, 'usep, you picked the Suns to come out of the West.

Giuseppe
11-30-2011, 11:55 AM
You've no room, 'usep, you picked the Suns to come out of the West.

But, now you've equally got nary room.

Monostradamus
11-30-2011, 12:22 PM
But, now you've equally got nary room.

except I don't. The Trade is a shit sandwich I'll eat, but I've always got Spurs In 6 to counterbalance this. You've only got the shit sandwich.

Amuseddaysleeper
11-30-2011, 12:40 PM

We're all secretly praying that RJ will be amnestied asap, though how likely that is to happen we don't know.

They're looking into getting a center and Parker says a big deal is in the works, but then again it could be CIA Pop :lol

Findog
11-30-2011, 06:00 PM
I saw Don Nelson at House of Blues Sunday. He looked so incredibly wasted and was nursing a tallboy of Bud Light. That's how I knew it was him.