PDA

View Full Version : Mavs fans: For therapy, please come to our walk-in...

Solid D
04-28-2007, 12:04 AM
http://www.vh1.com/shared/media/images/artist/c/clinic/canon/501032_426x104.jpg

Clinic

FromWayDowntown
04-28-2007, 12:08 AM
Solid D is right. We're really good at this.

Just a few suggested topics for discussion:

* Fire Avery!

* Trade Dirk

* MavsMan (or whatever) > Dirk

* Bench Terry and Play Ager

* Bennett Salvatore Sucks

I'll leave it to you all -- I"m just getting ready for the karma bite that's due to all of us tomorrow for Spurs fans who will undoubtedly gloat over the Mavs loss.

dbestpro
04-28-2007, 12:11 AM
The Warriors showed the clinic. Dallas beat San Antonio last year using small ball and a coach who knew everything about the Spurs system. Now they are faced with the same. I love watching Nelson sticking it to Cuban. Funny stuff.

Beaverfuzz
04-28-2007, 12:13 AM
This win by Golden State tonight means nothing if they can't win on Sunday. Dallas will win game five, but will they then be up 3-2 or down 3-2?

dbestpro
04-28-2007, 12:16 AM
Dallas ain't winning in San Francisco unless the zebra rears its ugly head.

easjer
04-28-2007, 12:17 AM
I don't intend to crow too loudly until our game 3 is in the bag.

But, that aside, FWD and SolidD just made me :lol - Thanks for that to close a shitty day!

Cherry
04-28-2007, 12:17 AM
http://img90.imageshack.us/img90/2886/1177535221da9.jpgOhh...SH*T! :(

easjer
04-28-2007, 12:19 AM

They would have a chance if they played better - after all Chicago beat the reigning champs at home tonight. Good play and cool heads will carry the day.

florige
04-28-2007, 12:19 AM
Holy Crap They Are Losing Again!!!! It seems the Mavericks are built to beat the Spurs in the playoffs but nobody else!!!! :blah

dbestpro
04-28-2007, 12:21 AM
They lost, again.

L.I.T
04-28-2007, 12:22 AM
I for one am going to pretend this game never happened...until after Game 3.

But can I recommend: Nellie>AJ.

exstatic
04-28-2007, 12:22 AM
The Warriors showed the clinic. Dallas beat San Antonio last year using small ball and a coach who knew everything about the Spurs system. Now they are faced with the same. I love watching Nelson sticking it to Cuban. Funny stuff.
The announcers touched on the fact that Nellie is in litigation over deferred compensation amounting to SIX MILLION DOLLARS. The Billionaire Boy Blunder shoulda paid the man what he was owed.

Amuseddaysleeper
04-28-2007, 12:23 AM
damn, i hope this thead doesn't jinx our game tommorow

01Snake
04-28-2007, 12:24 AM
I'd talk shit but we have our hands full tomorrow.

florige
04-28-2007, 12:26 AM

oh Mann this pic is priceless!!!

florige
04-28-2007, 12:29 AM

I think we will be ok tommorow. We have awoken. Mavs might have lost game 2 had it been for that bonehead Davis getting tossed in the 3rd quarter. But I see where you are coming from brother. :)

ATXSPUR
04-28-2007, 12:32 AM
Calm down Spurs fans....this could be us tommorow night....but I wont feel near as bad as if dallas had won tonight.

milkyway21
04-28-2007, 12:33 AM
knock on wood ***

FromWayDowntown
04-28-2007, 12:33 AM

Oh, I'm absolutely sure of that. Like I say, Spurs fan gloating tonight and early Saturday is the best way to ensure that the Nuggets will put it on the Spurs on Saturday night in Denver -- well, that and a lack of energy, poor rebounding, bad offense, and things like those.

florige
04-28-2007, 12:34 AM
Calm down Spurs fans....this could be us tommorow night....but I wont feel near as bad as if dallas had won tonight.

You got to have faith my fellow brother (or sister). I mean Dallas should really be worried, they aren't just losing. GS is freakin dominating those clowns!! I love it!!! :clap No more gloating for me though being i'm the out of towner here. :)

exstatic
04-28-2007, 12:35 AM
Oh, I'm absolutely sure of that. Like I say, Spurs fan gloating tonight and early Saturday is the best way to ensure that the Nuggets will put it on the Spurs on Saturday night in Denver -- well, that and a lack of energy, poor rebounding, bad offense, and things like those.
Yeah, like yapping fans have anything to do with the outcome. :lol

Johnny_Blaze_47
04-28-2007, 12:37 AM
Solid D is right. We're really good at this.

Just a few suggested topics for discussion:

* Fire Avery!

* Trade Dirk

* MavsMan (or whatever) > Dirk

* Bench Terry and Play Ager

* Bennett Salvatore Sucks

I'll leave it to you all -- I"m just getting ready for the karma bite that's due to all of us tomorrow for Spurs fans who will undoubtedly gloat over the Mavs loss.

You forgot about threads asking Cuban to spend more money.

FromWayDowntown
04-28-2007, 12:38 AM
You forgot about threads asking Cuban to spend more money.

+1

florige
04-28-2007, 12:39 AM
The announcers touched on the fact that Nellie is in litigation over deferred compensation amounting to SIX MILLION DOLLARS. The Billionaire Boy Blunder shoulda paid the man what he was owed.

Out of everyone on Dallas, I REALLY hope they lose because I really don't like Cuban at all, or Nowitski, or Terry, or..... Wait maybe I should just really say that I only like AJ. Yeah that will work.

ATXSPUR
04-28-2007, 12:40 AM
You got to have faith my fellow brother (or sister). I mean Dallas should really be worried, they aren't just losing. GS is freakin dominating those clowns!! I love it!!! :clap No more gloating for me though being i'm the out of towner here. :)

It would be brother. And you are right....dallas is just straight up getting knocked in the mouth. And it isnt like they sleptwalked like the Spurs in game one...they are just straight out getting smacked. :elephant

spursrule32
04-28-2007, 12:41 AM
seriously, where are the mavs fans that have said so much this season - it was a no brainer that they would be in the WCF against the suns. Is there a way that they can still make the finals if they lose in the first round? Just asking that b/c it seemed from their posts that if you dominated during the regular season you could just skip the first two rounds.

xfycox
04-28-2007, 12:45 AM

I hate that son of a bitch...so fucking much he makes me want to break stuff

FromWayDowntown
04-28-2007, 12:45 AM

Of course. But superstitions being what they are, I don't exactly see the point in gloating about bad things happening to the Mavericks. I think they'll still win this series, and I think they'll be better in the long run for having faced the adversity that this series is presenting.

And given the Spurs' own precarious position at the moment, who am I to take any joy in the Mavericks' struggles?

Johnny_Blaze_47
04-28-2007, 12:50 AM
+1

"Fuck the Golden State Sterniors"

timvp
04-28-2007, 12:59 AM
Hopefully the Spurs watch the game and realize what can happen if they let the home team get the crowd involved.

Defense from the opening tip will be needed.

Despot
04-28-2007, 01:08 AM
Mav fans can also call that YouTube guy.

ManuTim_best of Fwiendz
04-28-2007, 01:11 AM
I get superstitious and paranoid when watching the games in groups :lol

ManuTim_best of Fwiendz
04-28-2007, 01:13 AM
Hopefully the Spurs watch the game and realize what can happen if they let the home team get the crowd involved.

Defense from the opening tip will be needed.
This is true. I hope the Spurs show up and takes advantage early. My enjoyment of the win, was purely out of being an NBA fan. Now I have to get amped for tomorrow's game that means much more.

NO LIMIT ARMY COMMANDER
04-28-2007, 01:26 AM
Nellie is one bad motherfucker when he's pissed. Maybe when PJ leaves Nellie will be available to be Pop's 'other voice' on the bench.

ManuTim_best of Fwiendz
04-28-2007, 01:35 AM
Is Nellie friends with Pop?

itzsoweezee
04-28-2007, 01:36 AM
hahhaha, look at what jason terry had to say about the game 1 loss: "Here's the thing though. We noticed their reaction following their win. They were very pleased, talking like they'd pulled off a miracle. But we don't think it was something they did. It was something we didn't do."

http://myespn.go.com/nba/truehoop

better get to doing what you supposedly didn't do jason, or you're about to get knocked out by an 8 seed.

NO LIMIT ARMY COMMANDER
04-28-2007, 01:38 AM

Best.

baseline bum
04-28-2007, 01:42 AM
Best.

Pop was an assistant for Don Nelson in Golden State.

GoSpurs21
04-28-2007, 01:44 AM
they go way back to GS days, Nellie is a beer drinker, Pop is a fine
wine drinker

Pop just doesnt use gimmicks like Nellie

ManuTim_best of Fwiendz
04-28-2007, 01:55 AM
k, thanks

WalterBenitez
04-28-2007, 05:33 AM

Refs...!? wait and see

WalterBenitez
04-28-2007, 05:40 AM
I hate that son of a bitch...so fucking much he makes me want to break stuff

Oh ... I don't hate :oops , but I have to admit he's my favorite clowb :D

Obstructed_View
04-28-2007, 06:17 AM
What's a clowb?

SpursWoman
04-28-2007, 08:52 AM
"Fuck the Golden State Sterniors"

"Golden Stern Warriors"

?

exstatic
04-28-2007, 09:28 AM
Of course. But superstitions being what they are, I don't exactly see the point in gloating about bad things happening to the Mavericks. I think they'll still win this series, and I think they'll be better in the long run for having faced the adversity that this series is presenting.

And given the Spurs' own precarious position at the moment, who am I to take any joy in the Mavericks' struggles?
I think the Mavs can still right the ship, too, but they'd better start NOW. They really lost their composure out there last night, and weren't defending anything.

Here's a scary thought for Mavfan: Dallas got 3 more FTAs for the game than GS did.

1Parker1
04-28-2007, 09:32 AM
Mavs and Spurs probably face the toughest 1st round opponent.

I'm absolutely amazed at how suprisingly good the Warriors and Nuggets are playing in the playoffs...I was thinking it was a regular season fluke for both teams.

How much are the Mavericks and Spurs wishing they had gotten that 2nd seed?

conversekid
04-28-2007, 09:36 AM
Don't get cocky Spurs fans... don't want to eat crow tonight.

exstatic
04-28-2007, 09:44 AM
Newsflash: it wouldn't matter HOW we reacted to the beat down in GS. If we lose tonight, Dallas fan will be ALL in here. It's not like they're going to be nice or polite or conciliatory.

Rummpd
04-28-2007, 09:51 AM
As a real MD so sorry they need therapy right now. The Mavs have been the most cocky fans since the Kings (who at least can say they got jobbed out of a series with the Lakers as potentially costing them a championship) ever and Cuban is the most obnoxious owner ever.

Stackhouse is also the among the most irratating in the league to listen too post-game etc. etc. etc.

Whether or not they lose this series for the Mavs fans to be scared like this in the first round is priceless for other NBA fans.

spurs_fan_in_exile
04-28-2007, 10:04 AM
"Golden Stern Warriors"

?

Sternen Stern Sternisterns. Don't be afraid to get really out there with the conspiracy theories. Danny Crawford is a Spurs helper who is afraid that his favorite team can't possibly beat the Mavs. Or that the Tim Duncan/Joey Crawford debacle has scared all the NBA refs out of doing their job properly.

:tu to Timvp. If the Spurs want to win game 3 their top priority has got to be controlling the tempo with their defense to keep the Denver crowd sitting.

hanto03
04-28-2007, 10:10 AM
im a SPURS fan living in dallas but raised in SA. last night was a beautiful thing and to see the look of defeat in dirts eyes was really something special. if golden state wins sunday its all over and i see nothing that can stop them. of course tonights game is critcal for us and something inside tells me not to get too optimistic but i BELIEVE in Pop, Tim, Tony, Manu, Bruce, Oberto, Horry, Barry, Finley ... et. al. they play as a team. GO SPURS GO!!!!!!

florige
04-28-2007, 10:33 AM
Mavs and Spurs probably face the toughest 1st round opponent.

I'm absolutely amazed at how suprisingly good the Warriors and Nuggets are playing in the playoffs...I was thinking it was a regular season fluke for both teams.

How much are the Mavericks and Spurs wishing they had gotten that 2nd seed?

I kinda already knew that Denver was going to give us problems off the bat. With AI on your team anything is possible. And also Karl has been to the Finals before. But I had no idea that GS was any good. But then again Nellie always manages to assemble good teams. I just didn't know they would be any good this quick.

florige
04-28-2007, 10:38 AM
im a SPURS fan living in dallas but raised in SA. last night was a beautiful thing and to see the look of defeat in dirts eyes was really something special. if golden state wins sunday its all over and i see nothing that can stop them. of course tonights game is critcal for us and something inside tells me not to get too optimistic but i BELIEVE in Pop, Tim, Tony, Manu, Bruce, Oberto, Horry, Barry, Finley ... et. al. they play as a team. GO SPURS GO!!!!!!

I notice that our sucess comes from how well Tim and Manu plays. When they are playing aggressively like Wed night we normally fair well. But when we have to rely on Parker for scoring because Tim and Manu are settling to much for jump shots thats when we seem to get in trouble. I say Pop needs to mix it up some tonight and put Bowen on Iverson so as to stop a quick start. I'll much rather see Carmelo get hot than AI.

BIG IRISH
04-28-2007, 12:05 PM

agree^^^however this is not going to make it any easier for Nellie to
collect thr money Cuban owes him :lol

LakerLanny
04-28-2007, 12:17 PM
B Diddy is the King of Oakland right now :king

The Warriors fans are off the hook also, they have taken it up several notches above any other NBA crowd and are dominating as well.

bonesinaz
04-28-2007, 03:31 PM

:lol :lol Go Nellie.

florige
04-28-2007, 09:40 PM
Dallas you guys had better come with something good tommorow!! We have handled our business so far!!! :hat

WalterBenitez
04-28-2007, 09:45 PM
Mavs must win tomorrow, but al candles will go with Warriors