PDA

View Full Version : I thought if you had the best regular season record you won something?

spursrule32
04-28-2007, 12:05 AM
Wow - it looks like winning HCA doesn't mean you get a free pass. To all you Spurs fans that were readily giving the title to the _allas mavs, time to realize that it's all about the playoffs and we better step up. What do the mavs fans brag about now? And yes - if we don't win game 3, we are in the same boat they are - but I like our chances a lot more. _allas mavs - exposed for the fraud they are.

exstatic
04-28-2007, 12:09 AM
Don't laugh too hard. It happened to us last year, and Detroit in the East, too. There does seem to be a let down when you clinch everything too soon. That was Pop's master plan all along. Hang back. :lol

spursfaninla
04-28-2007, 12:12 AM
I think Dallas has been completely psyched out. This series will probably be going 7. Dallas wins the next one, making it 2-2, then they will trade games (probably) and it could go either way but I think DAllas has to be favored at home in a game 7.

They can still easily turn this around, but they need to win the next one. They can and will win this series if they go 2-2, but I don't think they have it in them to win 3 in a row, which would be needed if they go down 3-1.

Of course, I would love to see Dallas sputter out in the first round, that would be sweet.

spursrule32
04-28-2007, 12:15 AM
I'd love to Monte Ellis on our team - he has springs for feet

L.I.T
04-28-2007, 12:17 AM
I'd love to Monte Ellis on our team - he has springs for feet

Dude'll be a serious beast once he gets his turnover problem under control.

spursrule32
04-28-2007, 12:17 AM
I know it's Monta, but I like calling him Monte

exstatic
04-28-2007, 12:19 AM
Never happen. He pouted this year when he was benched for Davis. He doesn't like the role, and isn't good enough to supplant Parker. He's like Parker-Lite.

SRJ
04-28-2007, 12:21 AM
Even if GS wins the series, it just goes to show that this is nothing more than the exception proving the rule.

Since the sixteen team playoff began in 1984, the #1 seed is 44-2 against the #8 seed. If Detroit hangs on against Orlando (Detroit is up 3-0) and GS wins two more, that pushes the 1-8 record to 45-3.

I'll take those odds with the #1 seed any day of the week.

spursrule32
04-28-2007, 12:24 AM
I want to hear from mavs fans on how they're alright with the ASS KICKING that they took tonight - I want to hear how it's all going to be ok. We're in no way the dominate team in our series, but we haven't been handled like the mavs got handled tonight. That would be seriously depressing to see as a Spurs fan if that happened to us. Poor mavs

spursrule32
04-28-2007, 12:29 AM
Monta wouldn't replace Parker - he'd be a role player like he is now. I don't know if he'll ever be a key player for a franchise, but if accepts his role as a supplemental player he would fit in. I understand that's a big if. He doesn't have the size to be a franchise player - give him a few years in that role and he'll be hurt.

exstatic
04-28-2007, 12:31 AM
Monta wouldn't replace Parker - he'd be a role player like he is now. I don't know if he'll ever be a key player for a franchise, but if accepts his role as a supplemental player he would fit in. I understand that's a big if. He doesn't have the size to be a franchise player - give him a few years in that role and he'll be hurt.
He

doesn't

coming

off

the

bench.

Clear this time? He was fucking pissed when they benched him this year. He doesn't like the role.

spursrule32
04-28-2007, 12:36 AM
No, I hear you but I never said he'd have to come off the bench. Could he play the 2 with Manu coming off the bench? It seems that we're getting smaller and smaller each year. I'll say this though - players have changed their selfish attitudes once they've arrived in SA - i.e. Big Dog

Man of Steel
04-28-2007, 12:46 AM
Look--before we start tearing into the Mavs and their fans--

We have a very competitive series ourselves. I just hope we can win Saturday or at the very least not get embarrassed.

Why pour salt into Mav fans wounds? They probably feel bad enough tonight. Lighten up guys--the Spurs have had pretty shitty games at times during the playoffs as well, even in the years that we won the whole enchilada.

exstatic
04-28-2007, 12:46 AM
No, I hear you but I never said he'd have to come off the bench. Could he play the 2 with Manu coming off the bench? It seems that we're getting smaller and smaller each year. I'll say this though - players have changed their selfish attitudes once they've arrived in SA - i.e. Big Dog
Big Dog was here for a cup of coffee, and came back from oblivion. It turned out to be his last stop.

I don't think Monta shoots well enough or can defend the 2 spot. He's also going to cost, either cash or assets to acquire him in trade. He seems like a decent kid, I just don't think we have a spot for him that he'd be happy with.