PDA

View Full Version : Mavs In Six

timvp
04-28-2007, 12:30 AM
Book it. Guaranteed. The Mavs will not lose again. They have too much experience. This was just a lucky streak by the Warriors. That streak is now over.

Sincerely,

Jimcs50

:stirpot:

jman3000
04-28-2007, 12:34 AM
:lmao

sribb43
04-28-2007, 12:36 AM
Mavs in 4, oh wait.

Aggie Hoopsfan
04-28-2007, 12:38 AM
Book it. Guaranteed. The Mavs will not lose again. They have too much experience. This was just a lucky streak by the Warriors. That streak is now over.

Sincerely,

Jimcs50

:rollin :rollin :rollin

The Genius
04-28-2007, 12:38 AM
Mavs in 3.14/e^6

GINNNNNNNNNNNNOBILI
04-28-2007, 12:39 AM
Whoever wins Sunday takes the series

50 cent
04-28-2007, 12:47 AM
I still think the Mavs will pull out the series, but I hope like hell that I am wrong.

E20
04-28-2007, 01:11 AM
I actually want the Mavs to pull through.

50 cent
04-28-2007, 01:14 AM
I actually want the Mavs to pull through.
You are out of your Got Dam Mind.

ShackO
04-28-2007, 01:25 AM

Sincerely,

Jimcs50

http://espn-i.starwave.com/media/apphoto/b4c4af05-690d-4cf1-9e87-5c0fe99d2b15.jpg

THE SIXTH MAN
04-28-2007, 01:27 AM
:lol :lol :lol :lol

slayermin
04-28-2007, 01:35 AM
It all comes down to game four. To ask the Mavs to comeback from 1-3 might be too much to ask and they know it.

Interesting that the top three contenders for the title are all in dogfights in their first round matchups.

DallasFan
04-28-2007, 01:36 AM

Sincerely,

Jimcs50

You sound like Sir Charles :(

DallasFan
04-28-2007, 01:38 AM
You are out of your Got Dam Mind.

Don't you want a rematch :smokin

SpursDynasty
04-28-2007, 01:40 AM
Golden State in 6.

baseline bum
04-28-2007, 01:44 AM
If I had to put money on it, Dallas in 7.

THE ONE AND ONLY
04-28-2007, 01:51 AM

Sincerely,

Jimcs50

Fuck Yes!
Mavs in 6!
and I would only Book It if I was getting a free pizza!

Dirk Nowitzki
04-28-2007, 01:57 AM

Sincerely,

Jimcs50

Jim is right! The Mavs wont lose another game in this fucking series and you fucking haters ought to know that. This was it for the fluke ass warriors. This was the final win of their season! The Mavs are going to show the world come sunday why we wont lose this goddamn series!! MARK MY FUCKING WORDS, THE MAVS ARENT LOSING ANOTHER GAME IN THIS SERIES!!

Mavs<Spurs
04-28-2007, 02:00 AM
I must say that I expected Dallas to win game 3 by 15 or 20 points.

So, this was entirely unexpected, on my part.

Having said that, after getting embarassed like this in game 3, it is hard to see how they don't come back strong in game 4. One would think that this (coming back strong with a lot of motivation would be enough). However, with these matchups, I am not sure that it is.

Nevertheless, I would predict a comfortable, double digit win by the Mavericks in game 4.

If Golden State takes game 4, I believe that it becomes almost inevitable that they will win the series. They have owned the Mavericks lately (7-1 over the last 8 games, whether home or away).

Why aren't the Mavs fans bring back my "Shame about your horse coming in last" thread these days?

Of course, probability is that winner of game 3 in our series will win the series. I am shocked that we are having such a hard time with the Nuggets. TPark certainly called this one; I disagreed and I was obviously completely wrong.

Here's to hoping we don't end up in the same boat.

:ihit

SpursDynasty
04-28-2007, 02:00 AM
That's what you guys said after Game 1, that Dallas wouldn't lose another game in the series.

Dallas is a 67-15 team playing on the level of a 47-35 team. That 67-15 is a fluke. They got a couple of lucky baskets here and there, and faked their way to the top seed.

Truth comes out in the playoffs.

SpursDynasty
04-28-2007, 02:01 AM
I must say that I expected Dallas to win game 3 by 15 or 20 points.

So, this was entirely unexpected, on my part.

Having said that, after getting embarassed like this in game 3, it is hard to see how they don't come back strong in game 4. One would think that this (coming back strong with a lot of motivation would be enough). However, with these matchups, I am not sure that it is.

Nevertheless, I would predict a comfortable, double digit win by the Mavericks in game 4.

If Golden State takes game 4, I believe that it becomes almost inevitable that they will win the series. They have owned the Mavericks lately (7-1 over the last 8 games, whether home or away).

Why aren't the Mavs fans bring back my "Shame about your horse coming in last" thread these days?

Of course, probability is that winner of game 3 in our series will win the series. I am shocked that we are having such a hard time with the Nuggets. TPark certainly called this one; I disagreed and I was obviously completely wrong.

Here's to hoping we don't end up in the same boat.

:ihit

Again, the Nuggets got a couple of lucky baskets to fall. That is the only reason it is 1-1 right now. Spurs will take the next 3 and be done with the first round.

traitoravery
04-28-2007, 02:48 AM
The Mavs Look tired....

01Snake
04-28-2007, 08:20 AM
I'm really thinking it was a mistake to not bet on the series while in Vegas last weekend. 14/1 odds.

1Parker1
04-28-2007, 09:44 AM
Mavs don't look tired, they look rattled. It's like they're completely surprised by the Warrirors hustle and "chaotic" style of play. To me, the Warriors play a slightly disruptive version of the Suns. Their passes may not be as crisp, their pick and rolls not as successful, their offense not as perfectly run as the Suns....but they get the job done by causing havoc, playing off their emotions, etc. Mavs are just looking at them wide-eyed not understanding what to do.

And it all comes down to Dirk. Wade said it best earlier this season...if Dirk was the leader he was supposed to be, the Mavs wouldn't be finding themselves in such a deep hole. Dirk doesn't establish his presence on the floor.

Either way...Mavs in 7. It would be really shocking if the Warriors made an upset...but I don't think the Mavs can win the next 3 straight. They can, however, win a Game 7 at home.

Aggie Hoopsfan
04-28-2007, 10:25 AM
Having said that, after getting embarassed like this in game 3, it is hard to see how they don't come back strong in game 4. One would think that this (coming back strong with a lot of motivation would be enough).

That's what everyone said after games 3, 4, and 5 in the Finals last year. This Dallas team looks shook right now. They have a very structured team, and the controlled chaos of Golden State has sent them reeling.

If Dallas doesn't win game 4 on Sunday this thing is over.

1Parker1
04-28-2007, 10:54 AM
I am very excited to see the game Sunday. I think it'll be a close one, with the refs helping out the Mavs, and I think they'll pull off the win. Avery is too good a coach and the Mavs too good a team to not understand and execute in a must-win game against an inexperienced 8th seed.

It's going to be tough though. Same as the Spurs...I think they'll have at tough time beating the Nuggets tonight which would put them in the same boat as the Mavericks.

ALVAREZ6
04-28-2007, 10:56 AM
Shit, here I am about as nervous for the Warriors as I am for the Spurs.

I know the Spurs will beat the Nuggets, so I'm not too worried. But imagine if the Warriors won this series, although unlikely, despite the 2-1 lead...that would be a huge favor. If the Warriors beat the Mavs, the rest of the playoffs don't even have ti be played.

Because the Spurs would be guaranteed to win it all.

boutons_
04-28-2007, 11:05 AM
8th seed Warriors were a weirdly strong 30-11 @home, only 1W behind 31-win@home 3rd seeds Spurs and 4th seed Jazz.

Conversely, the 8th seed Warriors were horrible on the road, losing 5 more road games than 7th seed Lakers, and had a worse road record that 9th - 12th place WC teams, tied with the 13th place TWovles for bad road record.

BUT ... for the season + playoffs, the Warriors are a weirdly strong 2-1 @Dallas while Mavs are pitiful 0-3 @Oakland.

The Warriors' 1L @Mavs, the Mavs' only W vs Warriors, was very probably a gift from Baron and Bennet. If the Warriors lose this series, the Baron's ejection in Game2 will be seen as the swing game (Without that ejection, Mavs would now be 0-3 and historically doomed)

Four games remaining, 2@Oakland, 2@Dallas.

Can 0-3@Oakland Mavs finally scratch out a W in Game4 @Oakland? If not, the Warriors take the series.

( 2 of the Warriors' 11 L's @Home were devastating blowouts by the Spurs! )

None of the above makes feel any better about the Spurs @Denver! :lol

NorCal510
04-28-2007, 11:06 AM

I know the Spurs will beat the Nuggets, so I'm not too worried. But imagine if the Warriors won this series, although unlikely, despite the 2-1 lead...that would be a huge favor. If the Warriors beat the Mavs, the rest of the playoffs don't even have ti be played.

warriors will go all the way since we will beat the mavs and the spurs will lose to the nugs.

nkdlunch
04-28-2007, 01:16 PM
predictions are better when you make them BEFORE series starts.

Warriors in 6 as I've said BEFORE series started.

angel_luv
04-28-2007, 01:25 PM
I was so relieved to read your whole post L.J.

You're still :fro

trueD
04-28-2007, 01:50 PM
The Warriors' 1L @Mavs, the Mavs' only W vs Warriors, was very probably a gift from Baron and Bennet. If the Warriors lose this series, the Baron's ejection in Game2 will be seen as the swing game (Without that ejection, Mavs would now be 0-3 and historically doomed)
The Baron and Bennet theory doesn't hold water, considering the Mavs were up 11 when the ejections occurred. The meltdown occured because Dallas started playing defense in the 3rd quarter (after Avery's early timeout) and eventually pulled away from Warriors. After Davis' missed 3 point attempt and 4th foul with seconds left in the 3rd, he broke down.

Meltdowns aren't any different than missing FT's or allowing your guy to blow past you in the lane, they are strange mental lapses that are part of the game!

None of the above makes feel any better about the Spurs @Denver! :lol

I don't think Denver is in Spurs' head like Warriors are in Mavs'. Makes a big difference, take it from a fan of a team who let the Lakers in their heads. Missed FT's in Game 7, 2002 killed. A strange mental lapse lost the series, go figure. :)

ShoogarBear
04-28-2007, 02:12 PM
The big question: would SJax go into the stands to fight AJ's wife?

trueD
04-28-2007, 02:22 PM
The big question: would SJax go into the stands to fight AJ's wife?
If AJ's wife tried to run him down, maybe. Over a tossed bear? Probably not. :lol

ShoogarBear
04-28-2007, 02:29 PM
If AJ's wife tried to run him down, maybe. Over a tossed bear? Probably not. :lolI take it you don't understand what a serious offense tossing bears is.

:madrun

angel_luv
04-28-2007, 02:32 PM
I take it you don't understand what a serious offense tossing bears is.

:lol bears

trueD
04-28-2007, 02:44 PM
I take it you don't understand what a serious offense tossing bears is.

:lol Probably a Freudian comment.

Bears are definitely worth more than beers by a longshot though. :toast

lefty
04-28-2007, 05:21 PM
If AJ's wife tried to run him down, maybe. Over a tossed bear? Probably not. :lol

He has a wife ? :spless:

Chris Childs
04-28-2007, 05:28 PM
What a joke thread this is. SMH

td4mvp21
04-28-2007, 05:29 PM

Well, there's this other team called the Phoenix Suns, and they are quite good. And if we get past the Nuggets, we'd have to play them.

dg7md
04-28-2007, 05:46 PM
Mavs will lose Sunday.

confined
04-28-2007, 06:55 PM
idk about anyone else but i HATE watching warrior games...they arent even a team, theyre just 5 guys on the court at a time who all just like to throw up 3's...and your center shouldnt be a guard, its not even real basketball...small ball is so gay, and i appoligize to the spurs fans who had to deal with our small ball last year...truly a very annoying thing

04-28-2007, 11:22 PM
Mavs in 6? Based on what?

Sure, logic tells us that there is now way in God's green earth that the Warriors can go up 3-1 tomorrow. That said, logic tells us that there is no way that the Warriors would win game 1...and then game 3.

Watching this series so far, and ignoring the fact that the Mavs had an epic regular season, it does not seem likely that the Mavs will end up winning. So far, the Mavs look confused, scared and totally out of sync. The Warriors, OTOH, look like the team who expects to win the series.

I'm not saying that the Mavs cant turn the series around, but speaking as a basketball fan with no rooting interest in either team...it does not look good for them.

MannyIsGod
04-28-2007, 11:30 PM
:lmao @ how many people missed the joke in this thread.

Timvp >>>>> Spurstalk Posters

shyne
04-28-2007, 11:38 PM
I think the Mavs win in 7, but they are coming out of this pretty beat up.

04-29-2007, 12:15 AM
@ how many people missed the joke in this thread.

Ahh. I get it.

That said, it's not like there arent hundreds of similar threads floating around the Electric Dallas Fandom that are for real.

jbspurs
04-29-2007, 02:39 AM

WARRIORS IN SIX! Mavs are already satisfied with their best regular season record. In fact, Cuban already ordered the banner that they will hang on their next season's opening night. It says " 2006-2007 BEST REGULAR SEASON RECORD". lol

jbspurs
04-29-2007, 03:02 AM
idk about anyone else but i HATE watching warrior games...they arent even a team, theyre just 5 guys on the court at a time who all just like to throw up 3's...and your center shouldnt be a guard, its not even real basketball...small ball is so gay, and i appoligize to the spurs fans who had to deal with our small ball last year...truly a very annoying thing

IT SUCKS TO BE A MAVS FAN!! they got blownout by 5 guys on the court at a time, who all like's to shoot 3's..... :lol

lrrr
04-29-2007, 03:07 AM
I dunno about that... The Mav's lost to an inferior team last year, after being up 2-0, who would have expected that?

And who would have expected the W's to be up 2-1? Anything can happen in this series, I'm not willing to book anything.

dg7md
04-29-2007, 05:38 AM
I noticed the reverse karma in order at the start but I am sharing my views regardless. :smokin

Budkin
04-29-2007, 11:13 AM
There is no way in hell the Mavs are losing this series. Sorry to disappoint you guys, but all they need is one win in GS and they've got the upper hand. I think that will be coming tonight.

schadenfreude52
04-29-2007, 12:01 PM
There is no way in hell the Mavs are losing this series. Sorry to disappoint you guys, but all they need is one win in GS and they've got the upper hand. I think that will be coming tonight.

:tu

bulletedge
04-29-2007, 12:02 PM
The Mavs have appeared to be on a mission all season to erase the disgrace of last year's Finals loss. I really thought that Avery had managed to convert a weak-minded team into a juggernaut.

Then along comes GS and the Mavs once again look just like they did against Miami last year. Kinda' reminds of that famous old Casey Stengel quote- "90% of this game is half mental".

If they lose this series then they deserve all of the scorn and ridicule that will be heaped upon them. If they manage to overcome their mental demons they might develop into true champions. And from where I am sitting right now they have a LONG way to go to become "champions".

Of course, I AM a Mavs fan so I hope they can do it...and I'll still be around cheering for them next year no matter what bonehead shit they may pull in the playoffs.

ShackO
04-29-2007, 12:23 PM
Honest & well said.......... :clap

Dirk as the MVP candidate really needs to take it over......... IMO he has not done that & shown no signs that he will.............Avery can get them to the mountain but he can't climb it for them............

exstatic
04-29-2007, 01:14 PM
When you distill it all down to it's components, this fact emerges: Dallas has no answer for Baron Davis, and he's ripping them to shreds.

Dallas must win the next two games. Even a split will mean a GS series win.

baseline bum
04-29-2007, 03:06 PM
Tonight we're really going to see what Nowitzki's made of.

ShoogarBear
04-29-2007, 03:17 PM
Tonight we're really going to see what Nowitzki's made of.http://www.dessert.net.au/userimages/user1177_1154252493.jpg

jbspurs
04-30-2007, 12:56 AM

STREAK NOW OVER? :nope

jman3000
04-30-2007, 01:03 AM
http://www.dessert.net.au/userimages/user1177_1154252493.jpg
he's made of some sort of calzone type eating dealy?

E20
04-30-2007, 01:04 AM
Timvp what the hell happend?

Shank
04-30-2007, 01:07 AM
What the hell is that food? Its like an egg, bacon, cheese quesadilla thing with powered cinnamon or something on the top.

I'd rather get the pizza crepe taco pancake chili bag.

J.T.
04-30-2007, 01:09 AM
I'd rather get the pizza crepe taco pancake chili bag.

And the free side of diabetes that comes with it.

nkdlunch
04-30-2007, 01:13 AM
:lmao classic prediction

T Park
04-30-2007, 01:15 AM
I think thats Streussel. (sp) I could be wrong.

anonymous coward
04-30-2007, 01:26 AM
Mavs vs Warriors - Mavs in 5
Suns vs Lakers - Suns in 4
Spurs vs Nuggets - Spurs in 6
Jazz vs Rockets - Rockets in 6

Pistons vs Magic - Pistons in 5
Cavs vs Wizards - Cavs in 5
Raptors vs Nets - Nets in 7
Heat vs Bulls - Heat in 6

http://spurstalk.com/forums/showpost.php?p=1587921&postcount=85

Mr. Body
04-30-2007, 01:31 AM
Has nobody seen Strudel before?

Buddy Holly
04-30-2007, 01:32 AM

Damn, he was way off on the Heat-Bulls series.

I had the Bulls winning, however, not with a sweep though.

trueD
04-30-2007, 01:39 AM
he's made of some sort of calzone type eating dealy?
It's an apple and raisin

PASTRY PUFF!

timvp
04-30-2007, 01:49 AM

OMG timvp is so stupid!

Oh wait, everyone else's entry in the thread has been eliminated as well. :jack

anonymous coward
04-30-2007, 02:12 AM
timvp is smart, but not that good predicting basketball things

timvp
04-30-2007, 02:15 AM
timvp is smart, but not that good predicting basketball things

True. Next time I'll attempt to get every winner right in the right amount of games.

My bad.

SAGambler
04-30-2007, 08:27 AM
Jim is right! The Mavs wont lose another game in this fucking series and you fucking haters ought to know that. This was it for the fluke ass warriors. This was the final win of their season! The Mavs are going to show the world come sunday why we wont lose this goddamn series!! MARK MY FUCKING WORDS, THE MAVS ARENT LOSING ANOTHER GAME IN THIS SERIES!!

:drunk :drunk :drunk

The Warriors are for real.....Dallas better adjust to that fact......And Fast.

MadDog73
04-30-2007, 09:09 AM
True. Next time I'll attempt to get every winner right in the right amount of games.

My bad.

LOL. :toast

ShackO
04-30-2007, 05:39 PM
Tonight we're really going to see what Nowitzki's made of.

I guess we know now!!!!!!!!!http://www.twisted-candy.com/Marshmallow-Man.jpg

Oink Oink
04-30-2007, 05:42 PM
http://img235.imageshack.us/img235/2080/loseriz9.jpg

Louie Vega
04-30-2007, 07:50 PM
Fuck The Mavs!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

FromWayDowntown
04-30-2007, 07:59 PM
Some of you are really tempting karma with the glee over the Mavericks' struggles.

I don't see how it's impossible for the Mavs to win 3 straight. They were awfully close last night to getting the series tied and if they're able to correct a couple of issues -- turnovers, knocking down shots that they've hit all season long -- I think there's every reason to think that they'll get Game 5 and have a good chance to win Game 6 as well. I can't see how anyone could realistically pick against the Mavs if they get to Game 7 at home on a 2 game winning streak.

Don't bury them just yet.

td4mvp21
04-30-2007, 08:04 PM
Some of you are really tempting karma with the glee over the Mavericks' struggles.

I don't see how it's impossible for the Mavs to win 3 straight. They were awfully close last night to getting the series tied and if they're able to correct a couple of issues -- turnovers, knocking down shots that they've hit all season long -- I think there's every reason to think that they'll get Game 5 and have a good chance to win Game 6 as well. I can't see how anyone could realistically pick against the Mavs if they get to Game 7 at home on a 2 game winning streak.

Don't bury them just yet.

:clap. Spurs fans need to stfu and wait until the series is actually over. Spurs came back from being down 1-3 to force a Game 7 against the Mavs; why couldn't the Mavs do it against the freaking Warriors? If the Warriors somehow win this series (which I think Dallas win in 7), then talk shit.

DallasFan
04-30-2007, 08:15 PM
You guys need to concentrate on the Nuggets...don't worry about the Mavs.

td4mvp21
04-30-2007, 08:16 PM
You guys need to concentrate on the Nuggets...don't worry about the Mavs.
Yes, that too :lol.