PDA

View Full Version : Spurs fans wanting "redemption" for the Mavs series last year

dg7md
04-28-2007, 01:57 AM
Are you kidding me? I'm all for redemption but come on now. Do you really want to risk another game 7 like that, to wear down and let the easily-crossed finals path of the Pistons (calling it now) get a tired Spurs team in the finals? We aren't even guaranteed to beat the Mavs this year! This Nugget series will go at least 6 games and that is no cake-walk series we are having right now.

I want the Spurs to win the title without using as much energy or talent as possible. Warriors have my full support because if the Mavs are out (our biggest match-up threat, much like Warriors over Mavs), our chances immediately skyrocket up higher. Why want to expend so much effort over the same result? I want them to be fresh enough to participate in a long finals series, not just getting out of the west, which is enough of a hump alone. East has it easy in that competition is far easier than the western competition.

Mavs can still win, but I'm going for Golden State, for the path of victory will be less threatening. Infact, I think the Mavs clearly have the match-up advantage to the Spurs, which isn't exactly a measure of talent but a measure of diversity. Much like the Mavs are far more talented than the Warriors, but the Warriors have the coach and the pieces required to beat the Mavericks, which we unfortunately don't.

If the Mavs are out, our title chances are greatly secured, not a shoe-in, but the chances are drastically higher. :toast

baseline bum
04-28-2007, 02:00 AM
You sure the Pistons are going to get through Chicago? I think the Bulls take 'em in 7.

dg7md
04-28-2007, 02:02 AM
You sure the Pistons are going to get through Chicago? I think the Bulls take 'em in 7.

Could go either way honestly, but I think the Pistons would be a tougher challenge in the finals than the Bulls.

lefty
04-28-2007, 02:03 AM
Who cares? we'll beat them all :hungry:

SpursDynasty
04-28-2007, 02:07 AM
Spurs can take any team this year.

Don't forget 25-3.

Denver just got a couple of lucky fluke shots to go down in Game 1.

If Spurs played Dallas, that's a 4-2 victory for SA.

Texas_Ranger
04-28-2007, 02:13 AM
I would like to se Spurs - Mavs series this year, but Mavs can't win Golden State, so I don't think that there will be Spurs - Mavs games this playoffs.

NO LIMIT ARMY COMMANDER
04-28-2007, 02:17 AM
What kind of bullshit is this in my army?

phyzik
04-28-2007, 09:54 AM

I believe the penalty for insurrection, sir, is punishable by death.

exstatic
04-28-2007, 10:05 AM
I would like to face and beat the Mavs, but if they don't show for the party.....not our fault.

ducks
04-28-2007, 10:21 AM
bulls will go to the finals

bdictjames
04-28-2007, 10:35 AM
A title is a title.

hanto03
04-28-2007, 10:40 AM
i agree with doghouse, let the warriors knock out the muffs for us. i think the SPURS have an ever so slight mental block about them due to the phantom calls last year and the pathetice ejection in april. let's get another championship trophy in the case and we can dominate for the next 4 or 5.

conversekid
04-28-2007, 10:57 AM
You Fear! ... bring on the Mavs.

SenorSpur
04-28-2007, 10:58 AM
Like anyone else, I believe a Spurs/Mavs WCF series is inevitable and would be another must-see event. However, if the Warriors somehow go on to defeat the Mavs, I'd be a very happy Spurs fan.

BIG IRISH
04-28-2007, 11:19 AM

This is the N E W Army
Old timer :toast

gameFACE
04-28-2007, 11:59 AM
The Mavs are no one. They have no championships to their name. Theoretically, there is nothing to avenge. They beat the Spurs last year but went on to get shit on.

Nevertheless, to try and win a championship by avoiding teams is weak. You should face whoever and whenever and however many games it takes. Nut up!

J.T.
04-28-2007, 12:32 PM
Mavs lose in the first round, I will be upset that we didn't get the rematch. Spurs can beat any enemy. Mavs do not scare me.

SenorSpur
04-28-2007, 12:42 PM
I respect the Mavs, but don't fear them. I would love for the Spurs to get a hold of them again this year.

Their NBA Finals meltdown was classic and I enjoyed every minute of their misery. However if the Mavs go on to meltdown against the Warriors, that would even trump last years Finals fiasco. :-)

td4mvp21
04-28-2007, 01:13 PM
First we need to beat the Nuggets, and then the Suns. Then talk about Mavs/Pistons/whoever.

Clutch20
04-28-2007, 01:15 PM
I begged and pleaded with MavFans not to let Avery run their team into the ground for the regular season and division crown BUT NO, I got so much spittle on me from them that 2 baths is what it took to wash off their denials of their young and strong horses not getting worn out, nossir, we just fine, ain't no "tired" in this MavTeam.
Now those Div.Crown legs are slowing down trying to keep up with Warrior's peaking performance level, those tired legs are going to start to affect their j's and then what's left, a trip to the fishing supply store? I really don't think so, I think DalMavs are gonna dig down deep and pull up their T level from zero to maybe 5 or 6 but will they do it in game 4, 5 or 6?