PDA

View Full Version : Do the Spurs have extra pressure in game three now?

Big Shot Rob
04-28-2007, 02:54 AM
It seems that two Texas teams have now been a total disgrace on national TV for game three this weekend.

If the Nuggets come out fast and loose like the GSW did in front of their crowd, it could be a long night.

I have to admit--I am little nervous now.

What is it about game three? George Karl stated he felt that it was the game that provides a huge psychological boost to the winner and said it is a must-game for the Nuggets.

Lets hope the best Texas team wins game three Saturday night!

dbreiden83080
04-28-2007, 02:56 AM
No the Spurs just played like shit in game 1 they are better than the Nuggets. The Mavs are in a freefall right now, scared to death that they could lose to an 8 seed after the season they had. Spurs even if they lose game 3 will win the series.

Snake
04-28-2007, 03:13 AM
I think it depends...

Spurs have pressure because it's Nuggets homecourt and if they don't win tonight, it's gotta be Game 4

Nuggets have pressure because they have to protect homecourt

The team that's thinking about the pressure more is the one who will get the most pressure...

cambrad
04-28-2007, 05:04 AM

Yes! Go Rockets!

cambrad
04-28-2007, 05:14 AM
whoops, jazz and rockets on game 4. I lose.

Texas_Ranger
04-28-2007, 05:24 AM

Yea, me too. I really do think that Spurs will win game 3, but it will be very tough. If Melo and AI will start playing like in game 1 then we are in big troube.
In my opinion Pop should let Tim play at least 40 minutes. Then I would like to see better defense by the Spurs. I know that Bowen can't stop Iverson and Melo 100%, but in game 2 he was pretty good defending them.
GO SPURS GO!!

Obstructed_View
04-28-2007, 05:49 AM
Meh. The Spurs have up until the moment they are eliminated to turn it around and win the series. Denver's not nearly as good as many people seem to think. The Spurs make them look better by playing down to their level. The Spurs don't usually have problems with mentally weak teams.

Borosai
04-28-2007, 07:50 AM
AI and Melo are taking nearly all the shots for the Nuggets. They are playing nearly the entire game. They are the Nuggets. They both need to shoot really well for the Nuggets to win. It may happen, but it's unlikely. All the Spurs really need to focus on is keeping Nene off the boards...he is killing them with those rebounds.

Unlike the Mavs-Warriors series, the Nuggets have no matchup or psychological advantages on the Spurs. Denver has a chance to win the series, of course, but every game that passes gives the Spurs another opportunity to tweak their defense even more.

I expect the Spurs to win tonight, but it should be another good game.

Rummpd
04-28-2007, 07:53 AM
Spurs need 1 of 2 and they know it. Pressure right now is all on Denver to "hold home court" and they will not. As for the Spurs, they are winning a 6 game series, as they will go back and crush Denver at home and then come back and win a close one in Denver as it will be Manu time!

bdictjames
04-28-2007, 08:22 AM
Dont worry, the Big Three is used to playing again. Look for Manu to step it up and Bowen to contain whoever he contains.

SpursFanInCO
04-28-2007, 11:53 AM
I truly believe the Spurs will get one if not both in Denver

easjer
04-28-2007, 12:11 PM
There is always pressure in odd games when the series is tied. Because someone is going up one game and someone is going down one game. All the big statistics about who will win are tied to odd numbered games. I think there is slightly more pressure on Denver for game three - they need to hold home court and clearly want the advantage of being up a game on the Spurs so they can try and choke hold game 4.

There is less pressure on the Spurs because they only need to win 1 of these 2 to get homecourt back and tie up the series (though naturally, winning both is ideal), and they still have the luxury of another game.

Hopefully they play it like it's elimination and dominate. It would mean wrapping up the series more quickly and making a bigger statement. I don't even care about domination - I'd settle quite happily with 1 more point than the Nuggets when the final buzzer sounds.

I think right now, the pressure is on Denver to prove they can hang. There will be a whole more pressure on the Spurs for game 4 if they lose tonight, so for that reason, they need to win. But I think Denver will be edgier than the Spurs and hopefully they can play that to advantage.

SpursDynasty
04-28-2007, 12:15 PM
It's the Nuggets. Enough said.

Spurs will win the rest of the series. 4-1.

Dave McNulla
04-28-2007, 02:23 PM
pressure is overrated. spurs are under pressure cause they're better, nuggets are under pressure cause they're at home and never won round one, camby never beat duncan, blah blah blah.

the only necessary pressure and motivation is to win a championship. win games, you move on, lose games, you go fishing.

Ginofan
04-28-2007, 02:31 PM
I think the Spurs winning tonight would solidify their confidence in taking the series (not that they don't have confidence as of right now). But they don't necessarily HAVE to win tonight, if not game 3 then definitely the pressure is on for game 4.

judaspriestess
04-28-2007, 03:31 PM
It seems that two Texas teams have now been a total disgrace on national TV for game three this weekend.

If the Nuggets come out fast and loose like the GSW did in front of their crowd, it could be a long night.

What is it about game three? George Karl stated he felt that it was the game that provides a huge psychological boost to the winner and said it is a must-game for the Nuggets.

does a bear shit in the woods?

exstatic
04-28-2007, 03:51 PM
I think the pressure is on Denver for game 3. If they lose, we get back HCA and are up 2-1. If Denver were to win game 3, then the pressure switches to SA for game 4.

bonesinaz
04-28-2007, 03:58 PM
SA has a great road record. Pressure is on the Nuggets.

Phonzie20
04-28-2007, 04:10 PM
It's on the Nuggs

Obstructed_View
04-28-2007, 05:49 PM
Don't the Nuggets have a pretty unimpressive home record? They'd probably better hope the altitude gets to the Spurs.

judaspriestess
04-28-2007, 06:06 PM
the pressure is on both teams equally, who will crack under that pressure remains to be seen.

Amuseddaysleeper
04-28-2007, 07:14 PM
i don't think there is pressure unless the nuggs win game 3

also, the rockets are playing game 4 tonight not game 3, and they also had a pitiful performance in game 3

Obstructed_View
04-28-2007, 08:32 PM
i don't think there is pressure unless the nuggs win game 3
A game 3 loss might be the best thing for the Spurs. They still aren't playing very well; some pressure might snap them out of it.