PDA

View Full Version : called into work

The_Worlds_finest
04-28-2007, 03:24 PM
to watch game 3; whats the most outragious thing youve done to get out of an obligation to watch the Mighty Mighty Spurs?

E20
04-28-2007, 03:32 PM
I have to work today -- the night shift FUCK.

On Wensday, Game 2 I had to come in to work, they called me the day before and said they were short on people I said okay, but then I never ended up showing up and gave no notification, my response later on was I forgot.

sa_butta
04-28-2007, 03:34 PM
call into work !!!

judaspriestess
04-28-2007, 03:36 PM
we got DVR, Cox cable's version of TIVO, makes life so much easier.

sa_butta
04-28-2007, 03:37 PM
we got DVR, Cox cable's version of TIVO, makes life so much easier.DVR has saved my ass from missing games too, but it still sucks not watching live. Especially if someone ruins it before you get to see it.

E20
04-28-2007, 03:37 PM
^^ I could never watch a taped game. Knowing that I could just log onto the interent and accidently see the score would blow it and knowing that I can fast forward that shit. I'm a pussy when it comes to self control on these types of things.

sa_butta
04-28-2007, 03:45 PM
^^ I could never watch a taped game. Knowing that I could just log onto the interent and accidently see the score would blow it and knowing that I can fast forward that shit. I'm a pussy when it comes to self control on these types of things.I did that on game two, I was at work and couldnt help it, but I still went home to watch.

cornbread
04-28-2007, 03:51 PM
It's outrageous to expect people to go to work at all during the playoffs, nevertheless during a game.

Dro210
04-28-2007, 03:58 PM
I worked at a Quiznos back in high school... Got tired of not bein able to follow the games... So I bought a stereo to put up there in the back.... As I worked there longer and had more pull in the store, around playoff time.... I bought a TV for the place!

I havn't worked there for yearsssss, they still have both! Bastids

Phonzie20
04-28-2007, 04:04 PM
I took vacation time today. lol

baseline bum
04-28-2007, 04:07 PM
^^ I could never watch a taped game. Knowing that I could just log onto the interent and accidently see the score would blow it and knowing that I can fast forward that shit. I'm a pussy when it comes to self control on these types of things.

:lmao

I had to work, and got a friend tape Manu's 48 point game versus Phoenix. After watching up until the end of the third quarter, I was so disgusted I had to come here and talk shit. I was in shock when I saw topics like 'Give Manu the ball and get the fuck out the way' and 'How am I supposed to sleep after a win like that?' as soon as I opened the page.

phyzik
04-28-2007, 05:03 PM
When I worked at a truck stop in 2003 I disconnected the TV for the security camera so I could watch the game, I would have been home to watch the game but they told me I had to work late because someone else called in.

My manager saw what I was doing and right when he started to tell me something I turned to him and said "you say one fucking word about me not being allowed to watch the Spurs game and Im going to fucking walk right now.." He just shutup and turned away, he didnt want to have to work the register....

that went on throughout the playoffs.

I think the store had a net loss of something like 10,000.00 that month from truckers stealing antenna's and shit :lol

jaespur21
04-28-2007, 05:06 PM
^^ i remember that game i was cussing @ the tv and my girlfriend got pissed @ me..so i said fuck it theyre goin to come back....and just sat there pissed....slowly they started coming back and manu was goin crazy on phx...once it got down to six i could no longer just clapped i went crazy jumpin up and down n shit...im a grown guy to @ that time i was 24

oh yeah and ive called in many times to check out spurs games...one time i told my boss i had really bad diarrhea. shit whos gonna question that

phyzik
04-28-2007, 05:10 PM
next time you call in use this one...

Boss: hello?
You: Hey boss, I dont think I can come in today....
Boss: whats wrong?
you: well, I just found out I have anal Glaucoma.... I cant see my ass coming into work today! *click*

exstatic
04-28-2007, 05:16 PM
next time you call in use this one...

Boss: hello?
You: Hey boss, I dont think I can come in today....
Boss: whats wrong?
you: well, I just found out I have anal Glaucoma.... I cant see my ass coming into work today! *click*
:lmao

Brutalis
04-28-2007, 05:17 PM
Well I don't call-in. As dude said above with DVR, that's Comcast tivo too.

Unless it's a BIG time playoff game or something.. at least...

Phonzie20
04-28-2007, 05:19 PM
Well I don't call-in. As dude said above with DVR, that's Comcast tivo too.

Unless it's a BIG time playoff game or something.. at least...

English fucker. Do you speak it?

T Park
04-28-2007, 05:19 PM
:lol Nice one phyzik

Phonzie20
04-28-2007, 05:21 PM
:lol Nice one phyzik

sup T

Vinnie_Johnson
04-28-2007, 08:13 PM
I was working in a fancy hotel years back and this waiter wanted to get out of work to watch the hockey games Wings and Kings I think it was. Anyway he faked chest pains they called 911 EMT came in as he has lying down in an office. He sat up and said I am not paying for those. LMAO