PDA

View Full Version : What would you like next time, George?

ShoogarBear
04-28-2007, 09:36 PM
It will be interesting to hear what he whines about now, since he got everything he wanted this game and still couldn't win.

T Park
04-28-2007, 09:37 PM
The lights were too bright, therefore not allowing the shooters to shoot with complete confidence...

Kevin Blackistone
04-28-2007, 09:38 PM
He'll find something - this game had everything from a Spurs road game in Denver, Spurs methodical defense, controlling pace, Denver whining and a thugget cheap shot on Manu to boot.

Great Win Spurs!!!

ShoogarBear
04-28-2007, 09:43 PM
i hope somebody asks him about that brilliant strategy at the end where he let the Spurs run 26 seconds off the clock.

AI at the post-game: "Obviously it was refereed differently, last game I got no free throws and this one I got nine".

ShoogarBear
04-28-2007, 09:51 PM
LMAO George is on now.

Now he's complaining about them missing their free throws.

SPARKY
04-28-2007, 09:57 PM
This game exposed Karl's brilliant coaching ability. His mentally soft ass team folded under pressure faster than a clip of Paris Hilton smoking pole can hit the internets. When the Spurs broke the game open in the 3rd Karl had nothing to come back with. The Nuggets' D sucked so hard TP was able to get a layup with under 2 minutes to go. Karl's coaching resume is built on nothing but coaching good offensive talent and throwing backcourt traps at opponents.

baseline bum
04-28-2007, 09:57 PM
LMAO George is on now.

Fuck, they got 30 of 'em.

Sec24Row7
04-28-2007, 10:17 PM
they made almost twice as many as we attempted...

exstatic
04-28-2007, 10:29 PM
I was wondering what their tack would be this time, too. They got all of the FTs God would allow and still couldn't close the deal. Wonder what that ass-hat columnist thinks of our "old guys" now? :lol

T Park
04-28-2007, 10:31 PM
I'm sure he'll have something "witty" to say....

picnroll
04-28-2007, 10:32 PM
LMAO George is on now.

He wants to awarded the points without having to shoot the FTs.

samikeyp
04-28-2007, 10:42 PM
Fuck George Karl. I'm ashamed to admit he is a former Spur.

Dingle Barry
04-28-2007, 10:52 PM
He is a shitty coach. Period.

td4mvp21
04-28-2007, 10:58 PM
Exactly what I was thinking. Maybe the bitch will keep his trap shut for once.

lefty
04-28-2007, 11:09 PM
"The altitude hurts us more than it hurts them, because they are used to win here "

" We lost because of our whiny fans ; because of them, the refs favored the Spurs ; what do you expect when the crowd boos them every time Spurs block a shot ? "

" We lost because we thought the DPOY was playing for us "

td4mvp21
04-28-2007, 11:13 PM
30-14 free throw advantage...and we still won. Same old thugs we played in '05 too...whenever they got down they started flagrant fouling and hitting the Spurs players. Stay classy!

jmard5
04-28-2007, 11:18 PM
It is good to know the Spurs won. I was not able to watch the game but I was very optimistic that the Spurs will win.

And Karl, what is he bitching about now?

exstatic
04-28-2007, 11:29 PM
I think next year is the usual point in his script with a team where he starts blasting the players in the press, and loses the team.

redskinfan
04-28-2007, 11:48 PM
I was wondering what their tack would be this time, too. They got all of the FTs God would allow and still couldn't close the deal. Wonder what that ass-hat columnist thinks of our "old guys" now? :lol

Whats an ass-hat? :dramaquee

blackbucket
04-29-2007, 12:02 AM
Whats an ass-hat? :dramaquee

http://ijsm.org/wordpress/wp-content/uploads/2004/asshat.jpg

T Park
04-29-2007, 12:05 AM
:lmao With the stickers on that hat, that is an asshat :lmao

lefty
http://www.logoradio.com/images/site_images/Ass-Hat---With-Logo-300.jpg

redskinfan
http://ijsm.org/wordpress/wp-content/uploads/2004/asshat.jpg

Thanks for clearing that up

SRJ
04-29-2007, 12:39 AM
Excuses, by George Karl

- "The NBA has created a situation where one team has more talent than another. It's an unfair business pracitice, and it's a blow to the cause of parity."

- "Why do they allow Spurs fans into the Pepsi Center? It reduces our home-court advantage!"

- "Why is it called a loss just because we have fewer points after four quarters? Can't they count other statistics besides points?"

- "Manu should be dead by now, damn it!"

- "The DPOY award should be worth two playoff wins, so we should really be up 3-2."

- "Slim Fast is bullshit!"

- "Ginobili's running up the score on us!"

Slydragon
04-29-2007, 03:14 AM
He's gonna do Milli Vanilli and blame it on rain.

mabber
04-29-2007, 06:41 AM
30-14 free throw advantage...and we still won. Same old thugs we played in '05 too...whenever they got down they started flagrant fouling and hitting the Spurs players. Stay classy!

Outside of a few of Manu's & TP's drives to the basket and Duncan's post shots all the Spurs did was shoot jumpers. They got all the free throws that they deserved. They ran their offense effectively whereas the jumpers were the open shots that the offense provided so it all worked out. To complain about free throw discrepancy is ridiculous if you actually "watched" this particular game.

jmard5
04-29-2007, 06:55 AM
Karl is now putting the blame on J.R. Smith's. He probably cannot think of any other excuses this time.

Obstructed_View
04-29-2007, 06:56 AM
To complain about free throw discrepancy is ridiculous if you actually "watched" this particular game.
Aside from the complete ridiculousness of a Mavs fan making the above statement, Karl was the one bitching about the free throw discrepancy after the last game. The point is that he can no longer use that rationale to suggest that his team was jobbed.

exstatic
04-29-2007, 08:30 AM
Outside of a few of Manu's & TP's drives to the basket and Duncan's post shots all the Spurs did was shoot jumpers. They got all the free throws that they deserved. They ran their offense effectively whereas the jumpers were the open shots that the offense provided so it all worked out. To complain about free throw discrepancy is ridiculous if you actually "watched" this particular game.
I don't think we're complaining about it, per se, just pointing out that Denver, like Dallas after game 3, can't use it as an excuse this time. :lol

mabber
04-29-2007, 08:39 AM
I don't think we're complaining about it, per se, just pointing out that Denver, like Dallas after game 3, can't use it as an excuse this time. :lol

I was really just saying that most of the shots that the Spurs got were jumpshots and those were the shots that they should have taken in the flow of their offense. I just responded to one guy that had complained about the free throw differential. I don't do the all Spurs fans say/think crap like many do with Mav fans.

td4mvp21
04-29-2007, 10:13 AM

Uhhh....I wasn't complaining. I know we didn't attack as much. I was just stating that the Nuggets had 30 fts to our 14, so the Nuggets should have no room to complain.

ShoogarBear
04-29-2007, 12:02 PM
I think next year is the usual point in his script with a team where he starts blasting the players in the press, and loses the team.Bingo.

George, like Larry Brown, has a pretty predictable trajectory.

Dex
04-29-2007, 12:56 PM
On the flip side, Parker didn't get a single free throw on 23 attempts, and I'm fairly sure the statistics wills how that Tony spends more time in the paint than Iverson.

But you don't hear Karl mentioning this anomaly now.

Clutch20
04-29-2007, 01:48 PM
Aw man, lighten up. Coach Karl is ok. Austins D league is looking for a coach. Of course, he'd have to agree to the no-whine clause in the contract and also be a good sport about eating TexMex food without taking antiacids. :p: