PDA

View Full Version : Vexler and Pasacrita's press credentialed pulled for racial skit

Kori Ellis
04-28-2007, 11:32 PM
.. and no more Pop Show :(

http://blogs.mysanantonio.com/weblogs/courtside/archives/2007/04/richard_oliver_9.html

April 28, 2007
Richard Oliver: Broadcast blues

OliverExpress-News columnist Richard Oliver is on site for tonight's Game 3 showdown between the Denver Nuggets and the Spurs.

Jeff Vexler and Walter Pasacrita, co-hosts of an afternoon sports talk show on KTKR-AM 760, The Ticket, have had their Spurs postseason credentials revoked after a controversial skit the show ran Wednesday that included a faked interview with Nuggets star Allen Iverson.

According to one Spurs source who heard the segment, it included a faux chat with Iverson in which it's mentioned that San Antonio was sluggish in the opening game because he and teammate Carmelo Anthony gave the opponents something from their "special stash." Additionally, there is a mention of Denver players cruising the Riverwalk looking for sex and of Iverson firing a pistol into the air to celebrate the opening victory, with the bullet coming down to hit a homeless person.

The segment included several references perceived to be racist by the Spurs and sources close to the station.

"We thought the skit was highly offensive and very inappropriate," Spurs spokesman Tom James said this afternoon. "As a result of that skit, we don't want them involved in any way, shape or form with Spurs programming."

As a result, James confirmed that the team has severed all ties with the hosts and their show, and head coach Gregg Popovich will no longer do his weekly appearance for the station through at least the remainder of the playoffs.

"I don't like nothing negative like that," Iverson said after Game 3. "I don't smoke weed and I'm married. For them to put out something like that is awful. It shows what type of class (the Spurs) have as an organization (to separate themselves from the show). And for the guys that did that it shows what type of class they got."

Attempts to reach George King, the station's operations manager, were unsuccessful. Both Pasacrita and Vexler also were unavailable, and those reached at the station declined to comment.

The Spurs hold sponsorship and contractual relationships with Clear Channel, which owns KTKR. It is the reason, James said, that the team felt it could pull the station's credentials for its postseason games.

"Obviously, we are not in the position to dictate control with every media outlet," he said. "But in this situation, it's a bit different. We felt strongly enough about the content of that skit that we deemed action was necessary."

With Vexler, one of the usual Spurs game-night studio hosts, sidelined, Andrew Monaco is handling the duties tonight.

Johnny_Blaze_47
04-28-2007, 11:33 PM
Allow me to be the first of many to :lmao.

Das Texan
04-28-2007, 11:34 PM
they are both dumb fucks.

they got what they deserved.

ducks
04-28-2007, 11:35 PM
I do not think what they did is funny
I liked the pop show

slayermin
04-28-2007, 11:36 PM
:wtf

The Phil Henry show has worse.

timvp
04-28-2007, 11:38 PM
Sounds like a not too well thought out skit. Vexler and Pasacrita are both good peeps, but damn them for ruining the Pop show.

:pctoss

Das Texan
04-28-2007, 11:38 PM
they shoudl just put kori in charge of the pop show and we can move on.

ducks
04-28-2007, 11:39 PM
they should put the pop show on 1200 not 760

blackbucket
04-28-2007, 11:40 PM
People are too sensitive nowadays. That being said, I understand why the Spurs did what they did. The worst part is losing Pop's show and the insight he shared.

SequSpur
04-28-2007, 11:41 PM
WTF? Are you serious? It was a skit.. a spoof... WTF?

pjjrfan
04-28-2007, 11:42 PM
Allow me to be the first of many to :lmao.
I'll be the second. Their act got old a long time ago, for me anyway.

ducks
04-28-2007, 11:43 PM
pop is cia and now those people do this
they will never share anything with their fans

Big P
04-28-2007, 11:45 PM
Pasacrita is a douche..I'm glad he's history, I could never stand the guy. The Spurs did the right thing.

Mr. Peabody
04-28-2007, 11:48 PM
WTF? Are you serious? It was a skit.. a spoof... WTF?

They're too stupid to pull off a skit like that without having it be offensive. Wally and Vex aren't exactly Dave Chappelle and Carlos Mencia.

picnroll
04-28-2007, 11:48 PM
Don't worry or feel sorry for them. Cuban will probably hire them to write skits for the Mavs.

conversekid
04-28-2007, 11:49 PM
that sucks... the one thing from that show I listened to was pop...

Kermit
04-28-2007, 11:50 PM
wow. with all the imus shit that just went down, to be stupid enough to air a skit like that is beyond comprehension. and phil hendrie was the fucking shit.

SRJ
04-28-2007, 11:50 PM
I heard that sketch...I didn't think it was funny or racist. In poor taste? Sure, but it's not racist to say "(Name of player) smokes weed or has kids out of wedlock".

Chris Andersen (white) is an NBA guy who smokes weed. Larry Bird had a kid out of wedlock that he wouldn't acknowledge. So to say that's some sort of racial comment is wrong.

T Park
04-28-2007, 11:54 PM
omg :lmao

SsKSpurs21
04-28-2007, 11:56 PM
i enjoy sports talk and i heard that skit live when it aired. with that said, as i was listening to it, i was thinking, "omg, can they really air this on the radio?" there were a few funny spots but overall it was highly racial and stereotypical.

Mr. Peabody
04-29-2007, 12:00 AM
Where's johnsmith? This would make his week.

T Park
04-29-2007, 12:02 AM
Thats all the show is now.

Trying to be funny, when its not, and always the stupid double meanings.

SRJ
04-29-2007, 12:05 AM
Vex was too dramatic, Walter was selodom funny, both were ill-informed. They will not be missed.

And "Rinko Kookoochi" (spelling?) will never be heard on the SA airwaves again.

Big Shot Rob
04-29-2007, 12:06 AM
I listened to it.

They announced they had an interview with Iverson.

I thought--cool--how'd they pull that off, though.

When it came on, I tuned it out. It was really stupid--got old after a minute or two.

We really do need some first class sports guys here in SA for radio. We have average to mediocre sports guys for sports--but radio is really where it should be. Good sports talk radio and I hate to say it--in SA, we suck.

efrem1
04-29-2007, 12:10 AM
Bring back Dan Cook and George Wood!! They probably do a better show than today's "young guns"

T Park
04-29-2007, 12:10 AM
Change affiliations from Fox Sports Radio to ESPN, that would fix that.

The rest, they kinda like local guys, so I don't know how youd fix it.

Mr. Peabody
04-29-2007, 12:12 AM
Hell, I think the Ticket's ratings just went up.

SRJ
04-29-2007, 12:16 AM
ESPN Radio sucks too. Sporting News radio isn't great, but I'd rather listen to their network over FOX or ESPN.

FOX Sports Radio promos make me want to vomit.

Bigzax
04-29-2007, 12:18 AM
over reaction as per usual pc standards.

i listened too.

it drug on, but it was funny in spots, and of course walter and vex were there to tell the impersonator, "hey, you can't say that" or "that's just wrong" etc.

very similar to what they do with the jerry jones impersonator. maybe same guy, i dunno.

some drugs, adultery, and gun slingin.

it's the 'thug' stereotype of the nba. if only bruthas can be thugs, well then i guess they gotta point.

the end of the pop show for this year is a travesty.

Big P
04-29-2007, 01:06 AM
Hell, I think the Ticket's ratings just went up.
Exactly

"the end of the pop show for this year is a travesty"

Blame those 2 dumbshits.

T Park
04-29-2007, 01:07 AM
Sporting News radio isn't great, but I'd rather listen to their network over FOX or ESPN.

Puhlease....

SRJ
04-29-2007, 01:11 AM
ESPN has Colin Cowherd. That's worse than death itself.

Trainwreck2100
04-29-2007, 01:15 AM
They did multiple skits where they alluded to jerry jones being a homo. Where was the outcry then

Johnny_Blaze_47
04-29-2007, 01:16 AM
Notebook: Radio hosts run afoul of Spurs

Web Posted: 04/29/2007 12:39 AM CDT

Johnny Ludden
Express-News

DENVER — Spurs officials said coach Gregg Popovich won't do his weekly radio show on KTKR-AM 760 for the remainder of the season after two of the station's hosts participated in a skit Wednesday involving a fake interview with Denver guard Allen Iverson that the team called "highly offensive."

Jeff Vexler and Walter Pasacrita, who co-host an afternoon sports talk show on the station, also are no longer allowed to participate in the station's pregame and postgame Spurs shows.

The skit centered on an interview between Vexler and Pasacrita and someone posing as Iverson. According to people who heard the interview, the fake Iverson said he and Carmelo Anthony had given the Spurs something from their "special stash" to make them lethargic.

The interview also included the Iverson impersonator firing a gun and hitting a homeless person.

"We found their skit to be highly offensive and very inappropriate and decided some action should be taken," said Spurs director of media services Tom James.

The Spurs, who have a contractual relationship with the station's owner, Clear Channel Communications, also revoked the media credentials of Vexler and Pasacrita.

Station officials couldn't be reached for comment. One Spurs official said the station "didn't offer much resistance" to the team's actions.

SRJ
04-29-2007, 01:27 AM
It's a little silly that Pop couldn't continue doing the show with Don Harris exclusively. Why not just keep it as it is, minus Vex and Walter? Simple as that.

rayray2k8
04-29-2007, 01:30 AM
So is Greg Simmons gonna do the pop show again?

whottt
04-29-2007, 01:33 AM
It's a little silly that Pop couldn't continue doing the show with Don Harris exclusively. Why not just keep it as it is, minus Vex and Walter? Simple as that.

LMAO, Pop always sounds like he hates doing that show and only does it out of a sense of obligation...he's probably just using this as an excuse to get out of it. I don't know how much he gets paid for doing it..but...

whottt
04-29-2007, 01:35 AM
That skit does sound kind of offensive...the shooting a homeless person is pretty lame.

And it is a really stupid sterotyping...

I guess because he's got cornrows and tats, he shoots homeless people...seriously, WTF were they thinking? AI tries to set a good example especially for someone who came from where he's come from, and unlike a lot of these assholes he actually wants to play for his country...he deserves better than this kind of stupid skit.

This is like the radio guys that called that Darryl Kile's window or something...two idiots convincing themselves they are much funnier than they are and ending up doing something just completely stupid and offensive.

I do like their show and from listening to them in the past, it's really hard for me to figure out where the hell this bad idea came from. Doesn't seem like their usual schtick.

rayray2k8
04-29-2007, 01:40 AM
anybody got a link to where we can hear the skit?

Sec24Row7
04-29-2007, 01:45 AM
Hah... dunno where people get Racial out of that skit... but whatever... if you are insulted... and just happen to be black... it isnt racial automatically...

but anyway... obviously the Spurs have a lot of pull with that show... Clear Channel is a part owner of the team...heh...

My guess is that the pop show will be back next year no problems...

Pop HATES insulting other players... he HATES it...

Meh... whatever... not like Pop ever told us anything on the Pop show to begin with...

At least we dont have to listen to Dumbshit Spurs fan #234 ask him why we cant make freethrows...

Tek_XX
04-29-2007, 01:52 AM
So Iverson and Carmelo aren't womanizing pot smokers?

SPARKY
04-29-2007, 01:53 AM
"You don't live in Denver, you live in San Antonio!"

JustSpurs
04-29-2007, 02:10 AM
Most of the time I tuned-out when Vex and Walt were on.

whottt
04-29-2007, 02:12 AM
Hah... dunno where people get Racial out of that skit... but whatever... if you are insulted... and just happen to be black... it isnt racial automatically...

but anyway... obviously the Spurs have a lot of pull with that show... Clear Channel is a part owner of the team...heh...

Pretty sure that being in the media and singling someone out for drug use without proof or cause is grounds for slander.

AI has had his problems and done his share of stupid things...

But what they did is as stupid as the stuff they are always criticizing other players for doing and saying...

This dude is pure street and he tries hard to set a good example without having much of a good example to learn from. You can tell he really and truly tries, and he sets a lot better example now that he did when he first came into the league...a lot of guys never show that kind of growth, a lot of guys never even tried. He's taken the criticism, learned from it, and he's tried to do what is expected and asked of him. Not every one comes from a background that prepares them for living under a microscope. AI has put a lot of effort into cleaning up his rep and image and deserves some slack and not to be stereotyped.

It's just like when he tries to represent his country in the Olympics and they won't let him, because the first thing they see is thug, not a dude that is just plain ole proud to play for his country. And I think if he was white, it wouldn't be happening. IF he was white he'd be everyones hero for wanting to play for his team. When he did it, Americans rooted aganst him and called him selfish and spoiled...and he just wanted to do his duty. Like Jerry West...

...If you are going to do this thing, just make sure what you think you see is what is actually there...because right there is a dude that's trying really hard to become good at something he never expected to have to be good at.

jaespur21
04-29-2007, 02:18 AM
Change affiliations from Fox Sports Radio to ESPN, that would fix that.

The rest, they kinda like local guys, so I don't know how youd fix it.
says STeven a Smith trollvata r

jaespur21
04-29-2007, 02:19 AM
i hea rd the "so called" interview and was like wtf but @ least they didnt get as ghetto as AI wouldve didnt he beat up a girl or somethin cuz she was cheatin on him

AND THIS REALLY sux cuz i looked forward to the pop show SHITTTTT!~!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Sec24Row7
04-29-2007, 02:58 AM
Whott... i dont disagree with you that Iverson is a stud...

Satire however... is satire... and is perfectly allowed in the press...

In this case however, the spurs were able to take action directly against a show because of a skit that they disagreed with and they did...

Thats pretty much end of story...

It isnt slander to make fun of someone. It is perfectly legal... just not something that the Spurs organization condones...

They pride themselves on being classy... so they did this... no one would have said anything otherwise...

Budkin
04-29-2007, 03:08 AM
Fuck man I like the interactions they have with Pop... and shit... I love the Pop Show!

:cry

pooh
04-29-2007, 03:11 AM
Oh well that's what happens when hosts get too full of themselves. Now the RIGHT thing for 760 to do is drop STSA all together until they can revamp the program with quality hosts, who won't have to rely on gimmicks, fake interviews or homerism out the butt like Vex and Walter. And for God's sakes, no Charlie n Chance in their place, please...

Sec24Row7
04-29-2007, 03:15 AM
Wally and Vex are entertaining enough... they are the best thing that San Antonio has going... Sports Radio in general is annoying...

People always give them crap... but what is better?

pooh
04-29-2007, 03:20 AM
Wally and Vex are entertaining enough... they are the best thing that San Antonio has going... Sports Radio in general is annoying...

People always give them crap... but what is better?

Entertaining? Watching paint dry is more entertaining. I guess Vex can get a job teaching golf to MILF's and Walter can always go back to busting tables at the downtown Marriott.

The reason why people give them crap Sec24Row7, is because that show is horrible, it's been like that since the Jay Howard, Laura Green days. STSA should go back to what it use to be...a one-hour segment, once-a-week on WOAI, period.

Sec24Row7
04-29-2007, 03:23 AM
ROFL... just dont listen then... seems to me like you are the one with the problem... not them... they have a pretty popular show...

stop acting like such a fucking troglodyte

pooh
04-29-2007, 03:26 AM
ROFL... just dont listen then... seems to me like you are the one with the problem... not them... they have a pretty popular show...

stop acting like such a fucking troglodyte

That show is definately NOT popular by any means.

conversekid
04-29-2007, 09:33 AM
And I think if he was white, it wouldn't be happening. IF he was white he'd be everyones hero for wanting to play for his team.

Of course not, white people don't act lilke that. Now stop being bitter about it.

objective
04-29-2007, 09:40 AM
hopefully they'll be gone with something worthwhile in their place.

they epitomize bad local sports talk radio at one extreme. 90% bad stand-up routines, they know nothing about sports, they constantly get their facts wrong, they have to beg for callers, they repeat themselves over and over again, and they go off on un-entertaining tangents full of forced insincere laughter.

The only way they would be worse is if they were all that plus very hostile.

conversekid
04-29-2007, 09:46 AM
hopefully they'll be gone with something worthwhile in their place.

they epitomize bad local sports talk radio at one extreme. 90% bad stand-up routines, they know nothing about sports, they constantly get their facts wrong, they have to beg for callers, they repeat themselves over and over again, and they go off on un-entertaining tangents full of forced insincere laughter.

The only way they would be worse is if they were all that plus very hostile.

I quit listening to them a while ago... got tired of listening to vex and walter argue all the time. Don't know why they don't let Don Harris continue to interview Pop.

GrandeDavid
04-29-2007, 09:46 AM
I do not think what they did is funny
I liked the pop show

The Spurs should still find a way to do the show with other hosts immediately. Its not a good idea to cheat the fans, who ultimately pay Pop's and everyone in the Spurs' organizations' salaries.

GrandeDavid
04-29-2007, 09:49 AM
pop is cia and now those people do this
they will never share anything with their fans

If that were the case, I wouldn't spend another dime attending Spurs games, buying their merchandise and wouldn't watch their games. Having said that, I don't think that's the case. I think the Spurs will have to share with their fans or they won't have any, eventually.

Having said all this, there's absolutely no excuse for Gregg Popovich to discontinue doing the radio show. That would be an unjust, albeit unintentional, swipe at the fans. My view of the Spurs' organization will sour considerably if he's not on the air again ASAP, meaning by next week. They can find other hosts to do it. Hell, do a one on one interview type thing.

spurtime
04-29-2007, 09:52 AM
I think part of this was Pop not wanting to give any extra motivation to the Nuggets. By severing ties with the people who did the skit it gives Crymelo and AI less reason to connect it to the team. That may seem like an insignificant matter, but I think Pop realizes the importance of motivation and how it impacts play on the court.

spurschick
04-29-2007, 10:01 AM
Vex and Walter could've been on their way out anyway and this will just expedite things.

GrandeDavid
04-29-2007, 10:02 AM
I think part of this was Pop not wanting to give any extra motivation to the Nuggets. By severing ties with the people who did the skit it gives Crymelo and AI less reason to connect it to the team. That may seem like an insignificant matter, but I think Pop realizes the importance of motivation and how it impacts play on the court.

You make a very, very good point. I think that was definitely in their argument, but the Spurs do try to always maintain a highly professional image amongst their peers, so I think it would've been canceled had it been the regular season if it flew on their radar.

KEDA
04-29-2007, 10:03 AM
KEDA and Blaze need to run the Pop Show

Clutch20
04-29-2007, 10:07 AM
Sounds suicidal to me, they knew what they were doing, reading from the Imus Book of Broadcasting Zingers damn the FCC torpedoes and full speed ahead.
That kind of mentality, well, belongs in the middle school boy's bathroom, although for those 2 THAT would be a step up.

TheTruth
04-29-2007, 10:29 AM
Man, i stopped listening to those assclowns a long time ago.

I remember one show when they were listing records that would never be broken. One of the tools listed Timmy's feat of winning Rookie of the Year and Finals MVP in the same season, and the other idiot said that Ricky Williams college rushing record would never be broken. Someone had to call in and tell them that Timmy didn't win his first ring until his second season, and that Ron Dayne broke the record the very next season.

Those 2 didn't know ANYTHING about sports. If they are indeed done on 769, I say Good Riddance.

The Truth #6
04-29-2007, 10:29 AM
Early on I thought Vex could have been interesting but once he got his own show it devolved into typical low brow sports radio - full of low brow humor at one moment and then highground moral posturing in the next.

I think Don Harris is a dillweed but he at least shows more professionalism.

I think it would be hilarious if Sean Elliot interviewed him on the Pop show as a once a week thing. Pop would probably loosen up because they get along. Just an idea...

SPARKY
04-29-2007, 10:50 AM
The team obviously doesn't want to be associated with shit like that since it could impact their personnel moves in the future. AI's a free agent in 2009. Not saying it would happen, but how many honestly thought Michael Finley would ever be a Spur? The Spurs have enough problems bringing talent to San Antonio outside of the draft. Being able to recruit vets to play at the end of their career for a ring is an important piece of how the Spurs win championships. The last thing they need are a couple of asshats fucking up the program.

gameFACE
04-29-2007, 11:00 AM
Pop should switch to KCOR.

DarrinS
04-29-2007, 11:26 AM
When did the world become so overly sensitive? I'm surprised Al Sharpton isn't getting involved to get these guys fired.

In this day and age, these TV shows would NOT be allowed to air.

http://imagecache2.allposters.com/IMAGES/54/039_12682.jpg

http://www.classic-tv.com/shows/images/jeffersons.jpg

It's a damn shame.

T Park
04-29-2007, 12:15 PM
STSA should go back to what it use to be...a one-hour segment, once-a-week on WOAI, period.

Go fuck yourself.

I like that we finally as a city have a show longer and more exclusive than that.

Go back to your hole Pacer prick.

T Park
04-29-2007, 12:18 PM
Darrin your right.

All in the Family and the Jeffersons were fantastic.

Of course my favorite one liner came from all in the family

"Daddy, did you know that 1 out 5 people die every day due to hand guns?"
"Whatta ya want em to do, jump out of windas?

:lmao

PeterBurns
04-29-2007, 12:19 PM

:clap

alamo50
04-29-2007, 12:22 PM
The Spurs should still find a way to do the show with other hosts immediately. Its not a good idea to cheat the fans, who ultimately pay Pop's and everyone in the Spurs' organizations' salaries.

Word.
Get David Chancelor on there and resume the damn show!

I am happy that now it's 2 down and 1 to go (Don "Screw You" Harris is next).

ShoogarBear
04-29-2007, 12:23 PM
"You don't live in Denver, you live in San Antonio!"http://media.premierespeakers.com/speakers/photos/web/1496_web.jpg

SPARKY
04-29-2007, 12:27 PM
:)

GrandeDavid
04-29-2007, 01:11 PM
http://media.premierespeakers.com/speakers/photos/web/1496_web.jpg

Classic when Sam Wyche grabbed a mic and shouted that to unruly Bengals fans. Cleveland fan was not very happy. Was hilarious, though.

ShoogarBear
04-29-2007, 01:16 PM
As an Oiler fan, I despised Sam Wyche. That was funny, though.

exstatic
04-29-2007, 01:18 PM
I think Pooh should get the new gig. Of course, at the rate he writes material, it would be a five minute show....

once a month.

whottt
04-29-2007, 01:25 PM
When did the world become so overly sensitive? I'm surprised Al Sharpton isn't getting involved to get these guys fired.

In this day and age, these TV shows would NOT be allowed to air.

http://imagecache2.allposters.com/IMAGES/54/039_12682.jpg

http://www.classic-tv.com/shows/images/jeffersons.jpg

It's a damn shame.

Spoken like somone who's never watched SouthPark.

T Park
04-29-2007, 01:33 PM
pfft

southpark gmafb

Those two buffoons don't have half the writing talent that the guys writing those shows had.

Extra Stout
04-29-2007, 01:35 PM
KTKR: We want to fire these assclowns of ours, but San Antonio has a history of supporting incompetent people who get fired, like Bob Hill. How can we avoid the backlash?

Pop: I know what to do.

LakerLanny
04-29-2007, 02:11 PM
they shoudl just put kori in charge of the pop show and we can move on.

They should. Throw that sports chick hottie on there with her and old Lanny might even tune in!

cornbread
04-29-2007, 02:14 PM
I couldn't believe the shit they were saying that segment, especially with the Imus thing being so recent.

Bigzax
04-29-2007, 02:55 PM
allen, what did you do when you were selected by the sixers with the 1st pick in the nba draft?

'well, I slept with my 1st white woman...'

:lmao

The Truth #6
04-29-2007, 04:06 PM
Hire Sean Elliot.

Kori Ellis
04-29-2007, 04:14 PM
It's a shame if this incident ends the Pop Show all together. Hopefully it doesn't.

As for Ticket760, I know Vex and Walter well but I never listen to their show except for the Pop Show (or if I'm listening for something specific). I didn't hear any outtakes from the show in question, but everyone I know says it was WAY over the line. I wonder if their management approved that show idea, or if Vex/Walter were just winging it (considering that Lundy got fired and they don't have a program director).

Who was doing the Iverson impersonation? Eric Gray?

I think this effects Vexler/Walter more than just not being able to do the Pop Show. They also did the pre-game/post-game show sometimes, and Vex gave updates on scores and other info during the Spurs games. I'd imagine all that will cease.

As for their jobs being on the line, probably everyone is on edge there anyway when they get a new PD. But this obviously doesn't help their case. Since AI knows about it, probably some Denver writer will write about it and it will get blown up even more. If that happens, you never know what could happen to Vex/Walter all together with the station.

PeterBurns
04-29-2007, 04:24 PM
As a Clear Channel Employee, I have no official stance regarding what may or may not have transpired. I am happy to be employed by a great company that allows me the opportunity to work in the radio business.

Thank you.

Kori Ellis
04-29-2007, 04:24 PM
As a Clear Channel Employee, I have no official stance regarding what may or may not have transpired. I am happy to be employed by a great company that allows me the opportunity to work in the radio business.

Thank you.

:lol

T Park
04-29-2007, 05:20 PM
:lmao @ Peter

Wheres the button for the chicken sound effect

samikeyp
04-29-2007, 05:38 PM
KEDA and Blaze need to run the Pop Show

:tu

Then Exstatic and I can do STSA. :)

greenroom
04-29-2007, 06:23 PM
It's a shame if this incident ends the Pop Show all together. Hopefully it doesn't.

As for Ticket760, I know Vex and Walter well but I never listen to their show except for the Pop Show (or if I'm listening for something specific). I didn't hear any outtakes from the show in question, but everyone I know says it was WAY over the line. I wonder if their management approved that show idea, or if Vex/Walter were just winging it (considering that Lundy got fired and they don't have a program director).

Who was doing the Iverson impersonation? Eric Gray?

I think this effects Vexler/Walter more than just not being able to do the Pop Show. They also did the pre-game/post-game show sometimes, and Vex gave updates on scores and other info during the Spurs games. I'd imagine all that will cease.

As for their jobs being on the line, probably everyone is on edge there anyway when they get a new PD. But this obviously doesn't help their case. Since AI knows about it, probably some Denver writer will write about it and it will get blown up even more. If that happens, you never know what could happen to Vex/Walter all together with the station.

The show should or at least with Vexler/Walter. Imus got fired for doing the same crap. If a Denver Radio show had said stuf that was said about Duncan instead of AI. This place would be going crazy.

Plus the show is bad. And this was not the first time that they pulled this type of crap. I agree that in the past this was not a big deal, but for some reason people will not put up with stuff that may or may not cross the line.

Put the Thompson Brothers back they are good for a local show.

Man of Steel
04-29-2007, 06:29 PM
I miss Laura Green

I miss Laura, too.

Maybe we can convince her to leave Dallas and come back home.

I know her husband works for the Mavs--but heck--the Mavs have a Nelson working for them although Nellie is coaching the GSW, so they are used to family members working for other teams.

DarrinS
04-29-2007, 06:29 PM
Put the Thompson Brothers back they are good for a local show.

:rolleyes :sleep

picnroll
04-29-2007, 06:48 PM
I miss Laura Green
Her voice was like fingernails on a chalkboard to me.

If it's Charlie Parker I'm throwing the radio in the bathtub and jumping in after it.

UtownSpur
04-29-2007, 06:52 PM
Thanks for that Heartfelt take on the situation Peter! :D

mookie2001
04-29-2007, 07:00 PM
vexler is ok, pasacrita and charlie parker suck, the thompson bros are kind of annoying- besides being light neocons, their whole show was about how they were brothers

thats my brother jason
call mom brother
we're brothers

austin sports radio is better and has gone thorugh changes too

the afternoon show on the zone has been going into the shitter since brian jones left (like 3 years ago)

espn radio afternoon show, the beatdown, has proven to be a lot better since another neocon, dan neil left

the buck on sports is solid, but its always a tossup, dudley and bob is usually funnier, but no sports

craig way is the best local guy ive ever heard on radio, the guy knows a lot of history and has the inside info on everything longhorns
but trey postin left, I think theyre going with dee hansen and trey elling

its like my job to listen to talk radio
sports talk radio (especially nationally, save jim rome) is vastly overrated though

TheTruth
04-29-2007, 07:04 PM
hey mookie, is that the same dan neil that played for UT and THE Denver Broncos?

mookie2001
04-29-2007, 07:06 PM
hyeah he retired from radio for no reason, he should have gotten fired he was an asshole, when he left the show got 100% better

KEDA
04-29-2007, 07:22 PM
:tu

Then Exstatic and I can do STSA. :)

I could also do the weekly bowling segment as well!!!

Kori could be our Spurs insider, since she knows more than 99% of the rest of the local spots media anyway. L J could be our hip hop correspondent, and Blaze could tell us about any new sushi bars around the Alamo city!

whottt
04-29-2007, 07:51 PM
mookie...I gotta disagree, AM 1300 sucks....those guys have their tongues so far up UT's ass(all of the local) the station is unlistenable.

It's not a problem when UT is going good...but when UT sucks because of something like..oh, say, Chris Simms undeservedly starting over Major Applewhite...and all those guys do is felch UT and act like anyone who criticizes the coach is an idiot...you'll get sick of it real quick.

You'll wish for Neocon Radio...

Dro210
04-29-2007, 07:51 PM
YES!

YES, YES, YES... and YES!

Ha... I havn't posted all that much on here, but if you've seen me post, you know I can't stand these guys. I love sports,all sports, and when a radio is all I have, I wanna listen to sports talk. I can't even do it with these guys. They're amatuer at best, and rather homosexual/lame if you ask me. They're a bad look for our city, making us look like a bunch of uninformed, unintelligent dueches from an out-of-town listeners perspective.

1. They don't know anything about sports. Sure, they know what happened, but they don't KNOW the game. If they bet on sports, they would both be pennyless. They're just not good to listen to at all. No insight, nothin I havn't heard anywhere else, usually just stuff I'd rather not hear.

2. Half their show isn't even about sports

3. They're not even truely local

As I've stated before (and part of my reason for being so critical of these guys), I'm goin to school to become a sports journalist... radio is an option.

San Antonio... Your sportstalk savior is coming

(so when I've got some homework I need help with, yall are gonna help me out right?... lol)

tmtcsc
04-29-2007, 08:03 PM
I heard about 2 minutes of the interview. I like comedy and I like impersonations.
I heard neither. It was so bad I practically tuned them out. But the 2 minutes I heard were stupid, unfunny, stereotypical and just plain bad.

I am not surprised one bit that Pop and the Spurs did what they did. I don't think Allen Iverson deserved any of that. Its been years since he has been in the news for anything other than his play. He's handled himself and the media with class. That skit was totally uncalled for.

Vex and Walter thought it would be funny but they weren't going by any type of script. The person who acted like AI should have been fired for coming up with his answers. At first I thought it might be Don Harris. As much of a glory hound, closet comedian that Harris is, he wouldn't stoop to that level.

The penalty fits the crime and an apology by those three guys are in order.

whottt
04-29-2007, 08:29 PM
What makes it bs is that when AI released his rap album, which contained a "satire" about gays...

The media crushed him over it, the album got pulled from distribution and he had to apologize all sorts of controversy that was media driven...

So the media ought to be held to the same standard...in this case with Vex and Walter...they basically did the same thing to him that he was condemned for doing by the media.

The shooting the homless person was the part that was most out of line.

It's one thing if it's some people that are just talking smack like us here on this board...but these guys were at work so what they did reflected on every one affiliated with WoAI..

I think the reaction on the part of the Spurs was probably too strong...but it's not as out of line or hypocritical as what they did IMO.

DarrinS
04-29-2007, 08:34 PM
Regardless of what you think about these guys, what bugs me is that this kind of thing is starting to get treated like a criminal act. Don't like what people are saying? Switch channels.

That is all.

P.S. Is Michael Irvin still working for ESPN?

gtownspur
04-29-2007, 08:37 PM
What makes it bs is that when AI released his rap album, which contained a "satire" about gays...

The media crushed him over it, the album got pulled from distribution and he had to apologize all sorts of controversy that was media driven...

So the media ought to be held to the same standard...in this case with Vex and Walter...they basically did the same thing to him that he was condemned for doing by the media.

The shooting the homless person was the part that was most out of line.

It's one thing if it's some people that are just talking smack like us here on this board...but these guys were at work so what they did reflected on every one affiliated with WoAI..

I think the reaction on the part of the Spurs was probably too strong...but it's not as out of line or hypocritical as what they did IMO.

And then theres Southpark.

I wish Don Imus never happened.

alamo50
04-29-2007, 08:49 PM
Don't like what people are saying? Switch channels.

That is all.

That's not what this is about.

DarrinS
04-29-2007, 08:51 PM
That's not what this is about.

Conveniently ignored my Michael Irvin comment.

I think I'll go watch one of my favorite movies, White Men Can't Jump.

alamo50
04-29-2007, 08:57 PM
Conveniently ignored my Michael Irvin comment.

I think I'll go watch one of my favorite movies, White Men Can't Jump.

Sorry 'bout that.
I jumped the gun.

:wakeup

exstatic
04-29-2007, 09:44 PM
Regardless of what you think about these guys, what bugs me is that this kind of thing is starting to get treated like a criminal act. Don't like what people are saying? Switch channels.

That is all.

WOAI had the choice to treat it that way. They didn't. Are you saying they don't have the right to discipline their own employees?

DarrinS
04-29-2007, 09:49 PM
WOAI had the choice to treat it that way. They didn't. Are you saying they don't have the right to discipline their own employees?

WOAI has the right to do whatever. I'm just amazed at how much attention this poor-taste low brow skit is getting.

By the way, what Michael Irvin said is 1000 times more offensive than what Imus said and what Vex and those guys said. He basically did the Jimmy the Greek PLUS your great-great-great-great grandmother is a slave-owning ho, all in the same sentence.

I do think what Vexler and Pasacrita did was REALLY DUMB, especially in light of the recent Imus controversy. Maybe they want to get fired?

angel_luv
04-29-2007, 10:29 PM
Her voice was like fingernails on a chalkboard to me.

If it's Charlie Parker I'm throwing the radio in the bathtub and jumping in after it.

:lol

leemajors
04-29-2007, 11:15 PM
WOAI has the right to do whatever. I'm just amazed at how much attention this poor-taste low brow skit is getting.

By the way, what Michael Irvin said is 1000 times more offensive than what Imus said and what Vex and those guys said. He basically did the Jimmy the Greek PLUS your great-great-great-great grandmother is a slave-owning ho, all in the same sentence.

I do think what Vexler and Pasacrita did was REALLY DUMB, especially in light of the recent Imus controversy. Maybe they want to get fired?

what?? so white slave owners didn't regularly have illicit relations with their charges? it may be offensive as hell, but in no way is it a stretch. calling randon people whores is an entirely different matter.

Johnny_Blaze_47
04-29-2007, 11:15 PM
I might have missed it posted, but the Spurs have relented slightly and returned Vex and Walter's credentials, but have still restricted them from any Spurs programming.

Johnny_Blaze_47
04-29-2007, 11:31 PM
Sports talkers put foot in mouth

Web Posted: 04/29/2007 11:13 PM CDT

Richard Oliver
Express-News

DENVER — The Spurs want to beat Nuggets star Allen Iverson on the court — but they'd rather not see him get beaten up unfairly.

The Spurs have severed ties with San Antonio's KTKR-AM 760 and its afternoon talk show co-hosts, Jeff Vexler and Walter Pasacrita, after the airing of a controversial skit Wednesday that included a fake interview with the Denver guard.

In the segment, which ran just before Game 2, an Iverson impersonator responded to questions with answers that sounded alarm bells in the Spurs' front office and among some staffers at the station, owned by Clear Channel Communications.

Many of the scripted responses in the spoof, which was overseen by afternoon producer Eric Gray, were perceived to be incendiary at best and racist at worst.

"We thought the skit was highly offensive and very inappropriate," Spurs spokesman Tom James said Saturday. "As a result of that skit, we don't want them involved in any way, shape or form with Spurs programming."

With that in mind, head coach Gregg Popovich will no longer make his weekly appearance on KTKR, at least through the postseason.

According to several people who heard the broadcast, including sources close to the station, the fabricated chat included references to Iverson and teammate Carmelo Anthony providing the Spurs something from their own "special stash" before Game 1, which Denver won. The segment also included a mention of Iverson and other players cruising the River Walk looking for sex with "Mexican" women.

Additionally, the bit had the fake Iverson talking about firing a gun into the air to celebrate being picked No. 1 by the Philadelphia 76ers, with the bullet falling to hit a homeless person. That turned out OK, the impersonator said, because the man turned out to be an "illegal alien."

"I don't like nothing negative like that," Iverson, a veteran player who was traded to Denver in December, said in reaction.

That the Spurs acted quickly, he added, "shows what type of class they have as an organization. And for the guys that did that, it shows what type of class they got."

The mix of radio and race echoes the firestorm generated this month by nationally syndicated radio host Don Imus when he called the Rutgers University women's basketball team "nappy-headed hos."

CBS initially suspended Imus for two weeks but eventually fired him after outrage kept growing and advertisers kept bolting from his show.

Repeated attempts to reach the local talk-show hosts and officials at KTKR were unsuccessful. Clear Channel representatives also did not return calls.

Joe Pagliarulo, host of WOAI-AM 1200's morning talk show, said Sunday that he believes Pasacrita, the station's sports director, will be on the show as scheduled this morning.

The Spurs hold sponsorship and contractual relationships with Clear Channel, and retain influence over the on-air talent associated with the broadcasts.

"Obviously, we are not in the position to dictate control with every media outlet," the Spurs' James said. "But in this situation, it's a bit different. We felt strongly enough about the content of that skit that we deemed action was necessary."

[email protected]

Staff writer Jeanne Jakle contributed to this report.

pooh
04-30-2007, 12:19 AM
Table for one Mr. Pasacrita at the Marriott. :) As for me doing their gig. It would be interesting to say the least. I would do it, if say Kori was the other person. I think it would be quite a exchange. I know I could do a lot better than Walter that's for sure. Oh...T-Park, screw you.

samikeyp
04-30-2007, 06:40 AM
I could also do the weekly bowling segment as well!!!

Kori could be our Spurs insider, since she knows more than 99% of the rest of the local spots media anyway. L J could be our hip hop correspondent, and Blaze could tell us about any new sushi bars around the Alamo city!

Perfect.

Interesting times ahead for the Tickrah.

howbouthemspurs
04-30-2007, 06:45 AM
yeah it was pretty stupid

lebomb
04-30-2007, 07:13 AM
Too bad...............I listened to those guys eveyday on my way home from work.

tmtcsc
04-30-2007, 07:21 AM

No, I'm pretty sure he isn't with ABC/ESPN anymore.

greenroom
04-30-2007, 08:42 AM

That is all.

Well last I checked they are not being arrested, so it is not a criminal act.

In customer service you can get fired for saying the wrong thing to a client.
In Business if you piss off your top client by saying the wrong thing you get fired.

So in Radio when all you do is talk, if you cross the line you put your ass out there. And guess what the Spurs did not like it so someone has to pay for it.

Irvin I believe was let go from ESPN

BacktoBasics
04-30-2007, 08:48 AM
"I don't like nothing negative like that," Iverson, a veteran player who was traded to Denver in December, said in reaction.

With lines like that I can't imagine why people would run a satire on him or better yet why people stereotype.

LAKERS4LIFE
04-30-2007, 10:56 AM
THAT’S CLASSY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

FromWayDowntown
04-30-2007, 11:02 AM

With lines like that I can't imagine why people would run a satire on him or better yet why people stereotype.

I heard the skit when it aired and thought then that it was shameful.

If anyone has paid attention to Allen Iverson over the last few years, it's obvious that he's really trying to do the right things. Sure, the early part of his career was checkered with some bad incidents and some selfish behavior. But Iverson has really turned a corner as a man and has become someone that kids can actually look up to.

The satire was weak in the first place, but it was particularly ridiculous because (from a public standpoint at least) most of what was satired is no longer true about Allen.

The Spurs have reacted appropriately to this situation. It's a blemish on the city of San Antonio, I think, that we have hosts who actually thought about this and concluded that it would be funny.

NO LIMIT ARMY COMMANDER
04-30-2007, 11:06 AM
How long would it take Spurs fans to forget AI's past if he joined the team?

DarrinS
04-30-2007, 11:13 AM
I heard the skit when it aired and thought then that it was shameful.

If anyone has paid attention to Allen Iverson over the last few years, it's obvious that he's really trying to do the right things. Sure, the early part of his career was checkered with some bad incidents and some selfish behavior. But Iverson has really turned a corner as a man and has become someone that kids can actually look up to.

The satire was weak in the first place, but it was particularly ridiculous because (from a public standpoint at least) most of what was satired is no longer true about Allen.

The Spurs have reacted appropriately to this situation. It's a blemish on the city of San Antonio, I think, that we have hosts who actually thought about this and concluded that it would be funny.

I didn't actually hear it, but I've read some exerpts. It just wasn't funny and whoever decided to air it just wasn't very smart. But it's the racial component that really gets people fired up. The Spurs really had no choice but to distance themselves from that. Public relations 101.

FromWayDowntown
04-30-2007, 11:16 AM
How long would it take Spurs fans to forget AI's past if he joined the team?

Iverson's past is irrelevant to me, whether he ever joins the Spurs or not.

I think that Iverson has redeemed whatever his past transgressions were.

Don Imus
04-30-2007, 11:19 AM
Sometimes comedy is taken too far and it does have it's consequences.

greenroom
04-30-2007, 01:53 PM
I happened to have Cold Pizza on this morning and it was a story there. So these guys are in hot water. They did not mention the names of who did it other than two SA radio sports guys.

But I think they are done in San Antonio.

Louie Vega
04-30-2007, 02:22 PM
It's not like they were making shit up about Iverson! All they were doing was re-creating shit he had already done! Iverson acts like he is all fucking innocent now? Fuck that motherfucker! He knows what the fuck he has done in the past! I do feel bad for Vex and Walter only because I know that other radio show hosts in other cities have probably said worse shit bout the Spurs!

MadDog73
04-30-2007, 02:25 PM
Did Walter and Vex get fired?

Louie Vega
04-30-2007, 02:31 PM

I'm pretty sure that's what's going to happen. Unfortunately.

Big P
04-30-2007, 02:34 PM

Once can only hope so.

Taco
04-30-2007, 02:35 PM

WALTER WAS DOING SPORTS THIS MORNING ON WOAI

DarrinS
04-30-2007, 02:40 PM
Once can only hope so.

"Once....tice.......fee times, a mady"

http://img.consumating.com/photos/19001/large/93273.jpg

greenroom
04-30-2007, 02:47 PM
It's not like they were making shit up about Iverson! All they were doing was re-creating shit he had already done! Iverson acts like he is all fucking innocent now? Fuck that motherfucker! He knows what the fuck he has done in the past! I do feel bad for Vex and Walter only because I know that other radio show hosts in other cities have probably said worse shit bout the Spurs!

So AI shot a homless guy??? Yes he and probably 90% of the NBA smokes weed. Don't have a problem with that but the other stuff crossed the line and was made up.

SAtown
04-30-2007, 03:08 PM
Looks like Wally and Vex are still here, at least for the time being. I'm glad cuz I enjoy them during the playoffs.

Kori Ellis
04-30-2007, 03:55 PM
Richard Oliver: KTKR producer fired
Express-News columnist Richard Oliver is in Denver for tonight's Game 4 in the first-round playoff series between the Nuggets and the Spurs. He sends along the latest news and notes:

Tough talk

The fallout from last week's controversial skit on "Sports Talk San Antonio" on KTKR-AM 760 came down hard today when the show's executive producer, Eric Gray, was let go by the station.

In an internal e-mail to station employees, obtained by the Express-News, Market Manager Matt Martin announced the move, adding that Gray's duties would be "temporarily absorbed by current staff members until further notice."

The program's co-hosts, Walter Pasacrita and Jeff Vexler, have been removed from all pregame and postgame programming by the Spurs. Both, however, are scheduled to be back on the air this afternoon. Pasacrita has delivered sports updates throughout the day on WOAI-1200 AM, where he serves as sports director.

Vexler, responding to an e-mail, refused to comment on his situation.

George King, operations manager for KTKR, said, "Our station's policy is we don't comment on any employee matters."

The station is under fire after the broadcast of an alarming segment that included a faked interview with Denver guard Allen Iverson. In the bit, which ran just before Game 2, an Iverson impersonator responded to questions with answers perceived as inflammatory and racist. Gray produced the skit.

In the aftermath, Spurs head coach Gregg Popovich bowed out of any further weekly appearances on KTKR, at least through the postseason.

According to several people who heard the broadcast, including sources close to the station, the fabricated chat included references to Iverson and teammate Carmelo Anthony providing the Spurs something from their own "special stash" before Game 1, which Denver won. The segment also included a mention of Iverson and other players cruising the River Walk looking for sex with "Mexican" women.

http://blogs.mysanantonio.com/weblogs/courtside/

Taco
04-30-2007, 03:56 PM
Richard Oliver: KTKR producer fired
Express-News columnist Richard Oliver is in Denver for tonight's Game 4 in the first-round playoff series between the Nuggets and the Spurs. He sends along the latest news and notes:

Tough talk

The fallout from last week's controversial skit on "Sports Talk San Antonio" on KTKR-AM 760 came down hard today when the show's executive producer, Eric Gray, was let go by the station.

In an internal e-mail to station employees, obtained by the Express-News, Market Manager Matt Martin announced the move, adding that Gray's duties would be "temporarily absorbed by current staff members until further notice."

The program's co-hosts, Walter Pasacrita and Jeff Vexler, have been removed from all pregame and postgame programming by the Spurs. Both, however, are scheduled to be back on the air this afternoon. Pasacrita has delivered sports updates throughout the day on WOAI-1200 AM, where he serves as sports director.

Vexler, responding to an e-mail, refused to comment on his situation.

George King, operations manager for KTKR, said, "Our station's policy is we don't comment on any employee matters."

The station is under fire after the broadcast of an alarming segment that included a faked interview with Denver guard Allen Iverson. In the bit, which ran just before Game 2, an Iverson impersonator responded to questions with answers perceived as inflammatory and racist. Gray produced the skit.

In the aftermath, Spurs head coach Gregg Popovich bowed out of any further weekly appearances on KTKR, at least through the postseason.

http://blogs.mysanantonio.com/weblogs/courtside/

WOW!!!

LAKERS4LIFE
04-30-2007, 04:00 PM
Classy SAN ANTONIO!!!!!!!!!!

nkdlunch
04-30-2007, 04:02 PM
I don't smoke weed

:elephant :elephant

SsKSpurs21
04-30-2007, 04:03 PM
did they mention anything about this when the show opened? like an appology or something? eric gray lol... stupid mavs fan.

Taco
04-30-2007, 04:04 PM
did they mention anything about this when the show opened? like an appology or something? eric gray lol... stupid mavs fan.

Nope not a word

like it never happened

steppy
04-30-2007, 04:05 PM
They haven't said one word about it. I figured they might but looks like it is just being ignored. I figured Eric was gone about 5 minutes into the show. Oh well, people make mistakes.

degenerate_gambler
04-30-2007, 04:06 PM
that guy, the few times i heard him chiming in, sounded like a moron as well.

DarrinS
04-30-2007, 04:08 PM
Not that it matters, but Eric Gray is an admitted Mav fan.

DarrinS
04-30-2007, 04:09 PM

How's the Lakers series going?

SsKSpurs21
04-30-2007, 04:11 PM
Not that it matters, but Eric Gray is an admitted Mav fan.

yea, alot of times it would be eric gray and wally vs vex in spurs vs whoever debates...last i checked the show was called sportstalk SAN ANTONIO.

SAtown
04-30-2007, 04:12 PM
Sucks for Eric Gray. I guess people took this shit way too seriously

BacktoBasics
04-30-2007, 04:12 PM
I hope this is the end of those two. Fuck its not like they don't suck anyhow.

DarrinS
04-30-2007, 04:15 PM
I hope this is the end of those two. Fuck its not like they don't suck anyhow.

The Thompson brothers got canned?

Budkin
04-30-2007, 04:17 PM
Eric Gray was an annoying fucking Mavs fan anyway. Good riddance!

alamo50
04-30-2007, 04:26 PM

A faker fan making a "classy" reference in connection with Denver.
Funny.

LilMissSPURfect
04-30-2007, 04:47 PM

hmmmmm thats the kinda news ESPN/ABC is looking fer anywho.....its not like the spurs get all the hype with the muggy of the DPOY or MVP or CoY ...... :p:

Ginofan
04-30-2007, 04:52 PM
A faker fan making a "classy" reference in connection with Denver.
Funny.
It was consensual.

pooh
04-30-2007, 04:58 PM
If you get rid of one, you should get rid of all...making Gray the scapegoat is just nuts, they should take Vex and Walter out as well. The fact that they're just carrying on now as if nothing happened on the air is crazy. At least Imus had the guts and balls to talk about it on the air, instead of ducking it like these two clowns.

DarrinS
04-30-2007, 05:30 PM
If you get rid of one, you should get rid of all...making Gray the scapegoat is just nuts, they should take Vex and Walter out as well. The fact that they're just carrying on now as if nothing happened on the air is crazy. At least Imus had the guts and balls to talk about it on the air, instead of ducking it like these two clowns.

I think they're paying a pretty steep price for what they did. Why do you want them fired so bad?

LAKERS4LIFE
04-30-2007, 06:13 PM
I think they're paying a pretty steep price for what they did. Why do you want them fired so bad?

They SUCK!!!!!!

Stay CLASSY SA!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Louie Vega
04-30-2007, 06:32 PM
So AI shot a homless guy??? Yes he and probably 90% of the NBA smokes weed. Don't have a problem with that but the other stuff crossed the line and was made up.

No! But that prick did kick the door down to an apartment that had children in it! Not to mention him and his gay gangstas had their guns drawn! Iverson isn't innocent so stop paitning that prety little picture!! AI don't give a fuck about Denver anyways! He will retire a Sixer !!!!

pooh
04-30-2007, 06:33 PM

Steep? They didn't get their pass credentials revoked. Pop has "temporarly" stopped his weekly show. The only "one" who was taken out was Eric Gray the producer, right now they're just getting a smack on the hand and that's not right. KSAT is running a poll on whether or not they should be fired and I think if you're firing one, you should fire the rest...period.

Louie Vega
04-30-2007, 06:36 PM
Everyone Who Agrees With Disciplinary Action Taken Against Vex And Walter Needs To Go To Hogwild Records And Tapes And Buy A "keep San Antonio Lame" T Shirt!!!!

longrod
04-30-2007, 06:37 PM
Well I had to sign up to see what y'all think. Tuned to V&P too to hear the show. I gotta say that they really sucked today. Phoney, fake and annoying. Are they always that bad or are they just scared stiff to try anything remotely entertaining? Seems like Charlie was put on to save the pathetic program.

But anyone who claims that Iverson isn't a thug is either a hypocrite or really uninformed.

The Spurs are definitely hypocrites in this scenario and if they continue this crap, these will be my last season tickets (although I'm sure that won't affect their bottom line). The Spurs really need someone like Charles Barkley to give the organization some balls. Golden State is looking mighty good anyway but those trips to the Bay Area would cost a lot :-(

pooh
04-30-2007, 06:38 PM
Everyone Who Agrees With Disciplinary Action Taken Against Vex And Walter Needs To Go To Hogwild Records And Tapes And Buy A "keep San Antonio Lame" T Shirt!!!!

Right now, the KSAT poll has 42% in favor of them getting fired and 48% suggesting they stay. Obviously, Lundy and former hosts are padding the votes for them.

longrod
04-30-2007, 06:47 PM
Right now, the KSAT poll has 42% in favor of them getting fired and 48% suggesting they stay. Obviously, Lundy and former hosts are padding the votes for them.

Can I get a link. Cannot find it. Thanks!

greenroom
04-30-2007, 06:48 PM
No! But that prick did kick the door down to an apartment that had children in it! Not to mention him and his gay gangstas had their guns drawn! Iverson isn't innocent so stop paitning that prety little picture!! AI don't give a fuck about Denver anyways! He will retire a Sixer !!!!

Hey I agree that AI is not the greatest of humans. But that is not the issue. The issue is that Vex and Walter crossed the line.
But I agree when he goes into the Hall of Fame it will be under the Sixers.

pooh
04-30-2007, 06:51 PM
Can I get a link. Cannot find it. Thanks!

go to http://www.ksat.com

scroll down to the right and look for their poll questions.

Louie Vega
04-30-2007, 06:53 PM
Hey I agree that AI is not the greatest of humans. But that is not the issue. The issue is that Vex and Walter crossed the line.
But I agree when he goes into the Hall of Fame it will be under the Sixers.

How much talk radio do you listen to? Can you honestly say what Walter and Vex did was as offensive as what Imus did?

longrod
04-30-2007, 06:55 PM
Thanks for the link!

Dro210
04-30-2007, 07:04 PM
Well I had to sign up to see what y'all think. Tuned to V&P too to hear the show. I gotta say that they really sucked today. Phoney, fake and annoying. Are they always that bad or are they just scared stiff to try anything remotely entertaining? Seems like Charlie was put on to save the pathetic program.

But anyone who thinks that Iverson isn't a thug is either a hypocrite or really uninformed.

The Spurs are definitely hypocrites in this scenario and if they continue this crap, these will be my last season tickets (although I'm sure that won't affect their bottom line). The Spurs really need someone like Charles Barkley to give the organization some balls. Golden State is looking mighty good anyway but those trips to the Bay Area would cost a lot :-(

No... They are just that bad.... Everybody on San Antonio sports radio should be fired