PDA

View Full Version : George Karl - COACH SPEAK

jmard5
04-29-2007, 01:45 AM
COACHSPEAK

http://www.mysanantonio.com/sports/basketball/nba/spurs/stories/MYSA042907.14C.BKNspurs.game3glance.3b4992c.html

Nuggets coach George Karl stressed that his comments after Game 2 regarding Allen Iverson's lack of free throw attempts were not intended to influence the refereeing in Game 3. Iverson took 25 shots in the game but no free throws. It was the first time in 64 career playoff games Iverson had not shot a single free throw.

"My whole thing is the history of when you've got a 'never' that happens in the game of basketball," Karl said. "It's interesting, and I think my players want me to say something about that.

I'm not saying anything towards (Spurs coach Gregg Popovich) or the Spurs or even the refereeing. I'm just saying it's pretty amazing." Karl took issue with anyone suggesting he was trying to use the media to influence the officiating, including Express-News columnist Buck Harvey. "I don't believe in the gamesmanship of the stuff in the newspaper. Phil (Jackson) does and, I guess, (Pat) Riley does. I personally think that stuff makes your (writers') jobs easier."

kris
04-29-2007, 02:07 AM
Is George Karl even a good coach?

Borosai
04-29-2007, 07:58 AM
No.

Dingle Barry
04-29-2007, 08:01 AM
How much fucking flawed logic can be found in the blurb....my head hurts.

Texas_Ranger
04-29-2007, 08:44 AM
:flipoff George.

K-State Spur
04-29-2007, 09:18 AM
He doesn't believe in gamesmanship? Didn't he admit to Manu that his comments in 2005 weren't personal because it was just gamesmanship?

"Come on, what am I gonna do? Just all of a sudden jump up and grind my feet on somebody's couch like it's something to do? Come on. I had a little more sense than that. [short pause] Yeah, I remember grinding my feet on Eddie's couch."

Crookshanks
04-29-2007, 09:25 AM
Does he really expect anyone to believe that those comments weren't intended to influence the refs? Come on George - we're not that gullible!

WalterBenitez
04-29-2007, 09:29 AM
not sure, but he is funny :lol

GrandeDavid
04-29-2007, 09:38 AM

I don't think so. I wish his whiney ass would coach at the collegiate level. His act would fly better on that level.

Jimcs50
04-29-2007, 11:20 AM
Karl is right, the refs favor SA

FTs in the first 3 games:

Denver 72 attempts

SA 47 attempts

Poor George, his team is getting screwed royally.

:p:

Mr.Bottomtooth
04-29-2007, 11:24 AM
Did he whine this much when he played for us?

LilMissSPURfect
04-29-2007, 11:45 AM
I caught some of George Kry's post game comments last night. What got me was his comments on the fact that the spurs were about tricks and games. Something about Horry..... I dunno but i see SPURS BENCH bbbbbbbbslapping Denver's no matter how u cut it...no matter if GINO comes off the bench or not!

SPURS BENCH OWNS NUGGETS!