PDA

View Full Version : Vex and Pasacrita - A miserable weekend for these two guys...

GrandeDavid
04-29-2007, 09:16 AM
http://www.mysanantonio.com/sports/basketball/nba/spurs/stories/MYSA042907.14C.BKNspurs.notebook.3b49a06.html

Notebook: Radio hosts run afoul of Spurs

Web Posted: 04/29/2007 12:39 AM CDT

Johnny Ludden
Express-News

DENVER — Spurs officials said coach Gregg Popovich won't do his weekly radio show on KTKR-AM 760 for the remainder of the season after two of the station's hosts participated in a skit Wednesday involving a fake interview with Denver guard Allen Iverson that the team called "highly offensive."
Jeff Vexler and Walter Pasacrita, who co-host an afternoon sports talk show on the station, also are no longer allowed to participate in the station's pregame and postgame Spurs shows.

The skit centered on an interview between Vexler and Pasacrita and someone posing as Iverson. According to people who heard the interview, the fake Iverson said he and Carmelo Anthony had given the Spurs something from their "special stash" to make them lethargic.

The interview also included the Iverson impersonator firing a gun and hitting a homeless person.

"We found their skit to be highly offensive and very inappropriate and decided some action should be taken," said Spurs director of media services Tom James.

The Spurs, who have a contractual relationship with the station's owner, Clear Channel Communications, also revoked the media credentials of Vexler and Pasacrita.

Spurs Mailbag
Got a question about the Spurs? Use the form below and fire away!
*Your name

*Your e-mail

Your hometown

*Your question

*Required

Station officials couldn't be reached for comment. One Spurs official said the station "didn't offer much resistance" to the team's actions.

GrandeDavid
04-29-2007, 09:17 AM
That is harsh. What a terrible judgment call on their part.

Crookshanks
04-29-2007, 09:24 AM
What absolute asses those two are! :donkey They've been pushing the envelope on that show for some time now and they finally crossed the line. I rarely listen to them anymore because it's become such a crass "guys" show. The topic wheel segment is almost always offensive and the contest they had where callers had to write a poem to win Spurs tickets was pretty crass also.

I'm glad they finally got called on it - way to go Pop! The Spurs are a classy organization and they don't need idiots like Walter and Vex representing them.

I wonder where Pop will do his show now? Care to bet how long Walter and Vex will have their jobs?

exstatic
04-29-2007, 09:25 AM
That is harsh. What a terrible judgment call on their part.
Sheer stupidity. Peeps are still talking about Imus, and they bust out this stupid shit? Lunacy....

GrandeDavid
04-29-2007, 09:36 AM
While I was in San Antonio recently I heard R.C. Buford call into their show to chastize them about their limited knowledge of college basketball, especially their take on Texas A&M.

exstatic
04-29-2007, 09:38 AM
Vex was a good guy until they teamed him up with that loud mouth Pasacrita. Talk about bad influences.

KEDA
04-29-2007, 09:40 AM
KEDA and Blaze can do the Pop Show!!!!!!!!!

exstatic
04-29-2007, 09:42 AM
KEDA and Blaze can do the Pop Show!!!!!!!!!
Oh my lord... :dizzy