PDA

View Full Version : Golden State 2nd Round

Chris Childs
04-29-2007, 09:46 AM
WHEN Golden State wins this series, would you pick them to beat the winner of the Rockets/Jazz series?

ALVAREZ6
04-29-2007, 10:01 AM
Put it down....Mavs in 6 or 7(Even though their overrated asses was supposed to win in 4 or 5)

boutons_
04-29-2007, 10:37 AM
Baron has lot to make up for in getting ejected and losing Game2.

Mavs look so lost, unimpressive, befuddled.

Tonight I expect the Mavs to hit 0-4 tonight @Oakland this season.

Cry Havoc
04-29-2007, 10:57 AM
It goes without saying, but Game 4 will show everything. If Dirk plays like his likely MVP award indicates, it will go 7 games. If he continues to perform like it's the Finals and there are 5 Wade's on the court, GS could shut the door in Dallas in 6.

I think the Mavs win in 7, though, and face the Jazz in the 2nd round. (I've been saying it all along, Mavs and Jazz in 7. I really didn't think I was going to be right... just went with my gut.)

Budkin
04-29-2007, 11:14 AM
No way. Mavs win in 7.

schadenfreude52
04-29-2007, 12:02 PM
Mavs in 7.

jman3000
04-29-2007, 12:04 PM
this is one of those situations where i'd put all my vbookie on the mavs to win... and if they lost the payback from seeing them embarrassingly eliminated from round 1 would more than compensate for my lost vcash.

Mavs<Spurs
04-29-2007, 12:52 PM
Baron has lot to make up for in getting ejected and losing Game2.

Mavs look so lost, unimpressive, befuddled.

Tonight I expect the Mavs to hit 0-4 tonight @Oakland this season.

Are you serious, Boutons?

That to me, means that it is almost inevitable that the Mavs will lose the series.

I may hate Dallas, but Dallas is one of the 3 best teams in the NBA.
I would not bet against them. In fact, I would be willing to bet my vbookie money that Dallas wins game 4, probably comfortably.

Dirk, Josh, Terry, Harris, Stackhouse, Crosier (sp?) .

Only thing Warriors have in their favor for this game is that it is in Oakland.

Mavs should feel extremely confident about this game (and God knows I don't want to give them any encouragement; still, facts are facts and Dallas>>>>>GW)

I say, Mavs in 6 (I hope I am wrong).

Texas_Ranger
04-29-2007, 12:53 PM
Yes, yes and yes.

Chris Childs
04-29-2007, 01:06 PM
Ok, After looking at the poll results, I agree with the people who chose Yes. I don't think Houston or Utah have enough speed or talent to deal with GS. I think we could see GS vs. Suns or Spurs in the WCF. GS is a very good threat to make it to the finals because of their talent. This is not a True 8th seed. If they were healthy all year they would of easily been the 3rd or 4th best team in the West. Houston relies on running the shot clock down and GS would just run them out the building. Utah is just not athletic enough to hang with GS. I really believe GS has a shot to make it to the WCF. Now will they go to the finals, that I'm not so sure. But they are a threat to whomever they face. GS vs Suns? EXCITING Matchup, could go either way. GS vs. spurs? I don't think GS can hang with the spurs but you never know.....after all, Dallas is the best team in the NBA, right?

ponky
04-29-2007, 01:27 PM
lol at chris childs and spursdynasty making *private* polls.

Chris Childs
04-29-2007, 01:28 PM
lol at chris childs and spursdynasty making *private* polls.

lol at your team about to lose to an 8th seed.

J.T.
04-29-2007, 01:28 PM
If Mavs win tonight, they will win the series in 7. If GS wins, it's probably done in 5. The outcome of the series is totally dependent on this game. If GS wins the series I doubt they will be able to hang with the Jazz, Rockets or Spurs. But I gotta say as a basketball fan, a Warriors-Suns WCF would be fucking nuts to watch. But it probably won't happen.

ponky
04-29-2007, 01:30 PM
Just to entertain your wet dreams, if the Warriors win, they will beat the winner of the Rockets/Jazz series, doesn't matter which team comes out of that series, neither team is playing that great and well, we know how the Warriors are playing...and no, their impressive play isn't just because they are playing the Mavericks, that team started clicking over a month ago when everyone was finally healthy.

ponky
04-29-2007, 01:32 PM
lol at your team about to lose to an 8th seed.

so? i don't think that will happen but so what? i've seen worse. remember, like you, i'm a knicks fan, i don't feel the need to run my mouth and talk shit about other people's teams all the time when my team isn't involved. you're just a little bitch, you can't help it.

Chris Childs
04-29-2007, 01:40 PM
so? i don't think that will happen but so what? i've seen worse. remember, like you, i'm a knicks fan, i don't feel the need to run my mouth and talk shit about other people's teams all the time when my team isn't involved. you're just a little bitch, you can't help it.

Ohhhhhhhh I seriously doubt that, especially with the mavs depicted to win the whole damn thing this year by almost everybody who made a prediction about the nba finals.

And so what if I talk shit about another team, especially if they haven't won a damn thing since they existed. Fuck that! The knicks franchise is probably ruined right now, but so what. I can talk shit about any team if I want. Da fuck you care.

I rather be a bitch than be a mavs fan.

I'M DONE.

ponky
04-29-2007, 01:51 PM
Ohhhhhhhh I seriously doubt that, especially with the mavs depicted to win the whole damn thing this year by almost everybody who made a prediction about the nba finals.

And so what if I talk shit about another team, especially if they haven't won a damn thing since they existed. Fuck that! The knicks franchise is probably ruined right now, but so what. I can talk shit about any team if I want. Da fuck you care.

I rather be a bitch than be a mavs fan.

I'M DONE.

Ummm, oh-kay. Anyway, looks like the champs are making more headlines right now considering they look like an even bigger pile of shit than do the Mavs and considering that they, not the Mavs, are the champs. Talk shit, the fuck do I care, but making the poll private is weak shit. I'M DONE....but my team's not.

Chris Childs
04-29-2007, 01:54 PM
Ummm, oh-kay. Anyway, looks like the champs are making more headlines right now considering they look like an even bigger pile of shit than do the Mavs and considering that they, not the Mavs, are the champs. Talk shit, the fuck do I care, but making the poll private is weak shit. I'M DONE....but my team's not.

Your team's DONE.

ponky
04-29-2007, 01:57 PM
Your team's DONE.

oh well, apparently you don't what the hell you're saying because two posts ago, you were done...keep it up!

please excuse me, there is some housecleaning on tv that interests me.

himat
04-29-2007, 03:14 PM
Today's game is huge. I think Dallas can come back from a 1-3 deficit, but it would be very hard because Dirk is not the greatest "leader".

boutons_
04-29-2007, 03:23 PM
"Dallas is one of the 3 best teams in the NBA"

Spurs were the best team in 03/04, but Karl manhandled Tim, the rest of the team couldn't hit shit, and the best team lost.

NBA-road-best Mavs are 0-3 @Oakland and road-crappy Warriors 2-1 @Dallas this season + playoffs.

As everybody has seen, the Mavs have a horrible time with Warrriors/Don.

Apparently, the Warriors didn't get your memo.

BUMP
04-29-2007, 04:01 PM
Dallas is one of the 3 best teams in the NBA.
I would not bet against them. In fact, I would be willing to bet money that Dallas wins game 4, probably comfortably.

Don Nelson, is that you?

Flopper
04-29-2007, 04:07 PM
hate to say, but Mavs gonna win in 7.

Findog
04-29-2007, 06:08 PM
I hate to say it, and it pains me deeply, but I've lost all faith in this team. A loss is one thing, but a soft, gutless no show is quite another. Half of their problem is X's and O's and half is heart and mental fortitude.

I could never see the Spurs or the Pistons failing to show up for a playoff game. Losing is one thing, but folding at the first sign on adversity is an altogether different bag. MVPs don't disappear for three games at a time when their team needs them. Good God, Game Three featured one NBA team and another "team" that looked like it was their first time playing together Friday night at the YMCA.

Even if miracle of miracles we take 3 of the next 4, this team doesn't have the guts to pull off 12 more wins after that.

Some of the words that came to mind watching that: Soft. Gutless. Pathetic. Heartless. It seems like us fans care about the outcomes of these games more than they do.

And why does the lower bowl of the AAC consist of North Dallas stockbrokers and their trophy wives while the Oracle was a goddamn prison riot? I could've sworn they were playing up the road at San Quentin. You want to take the crowd out the game? Hit your shots, get stops, take a lead, give them nothing to cheer for.

The only silver lining is that we couldn't play worse and they couldn't play any better. Throwing up stinkers is one thing - we did it last year against Phoenix in Game 4, Miami in Game 4, and San Antonio laid an egg against us in Game Two of our series, but what I saw Friday night was a lack of FIGHT, and that is NEVER acceptable.

picnroll
04-29-2007, 07:24 PM
Don Nelson, is that you?
:rollin

GS will have the series 4-1 and Nellie will be saying "The Mavericks are still a dangerous opponent and it will take a lot of luck to get past them".

Chris Childs
04-30-2007, 12:29 AM
I'll just bump this......

Chris Childs
04-30-2007, 10:47 AM
Now who were the 17 Jackasses that voted for option 4?