PDA

View Full Version : Randy Moss a Patriot?

djohn14
04-29-2007, 09:56 AM
It just said on SportsCenter that a deal is pending physical and Moss is in New England "as we type". Ya know instead of "as we speak". Because we aren't speaking, we are typing. Actually I'm typing and your reading. I know it was dumb, but I'm board. Anyway, it is for a 4th Rd. pick, I think #127 overall.

samikeyp
04-29-2007, 09:57 AM
You are correct...I just heard the same thing.

exstatic
04-29-2007, 10:02 AM
Wow. Brady has never really had a scary receiver. Moss hasn't had a QB of NFL caliber since he left Minny. A fourth rounder for Moss is a steal if he even gets back to 85% of what he was.

KEDA
04-29-2007, 10:33 AM
done deal, Moss is a Patriot

TheTruth
04-29-2007, 10:39 AM
This makes the Pats scary good if Moss' head is on straight. The Patriots stole him for a 4th rounder. Unbelievable that the Raiders didn't draft Calvin Johnson if they knew they were getting rid of Moss. Al Davis is an UberRetard

Pistons < Spurs
04-29-2007, 10:44 AM
This makes the Pats scary good if Moss' head is on straight. The Patriots stole him for a 4th rounder. Unbelievable that the Raiders didn't draft Calvin Johnson if they knew they were getting rid of Moss. Al Davis is an UberRetard
According to Yahoo, the deal was for a 4th this year, and a first rounder next year.

Breaking News
Patriots to acquire Randy Moss

Randy Moss' days as a Raider appear to be done. Oakland has reportedly agreed to send the disgruntled wide receiver to the Patriots for a fourth-round pick and a 2008 first-rounder.

JMarkJohns
04-29-2007, 10:56 AM
Hence them trading out of their extra 1st this year for an extra first next year.

Still. If Moss gets them another Title or two, it'll be worth every pick.

TheTruth
04-29-2007, 11:03 AM
the patriots aren't losing anything. they have 2 first rounders every damn year. what a great organization.

John Patrick
04-29-2007, 11:47 AM
GODAMNIT!!!

ahh well, this a great day for Patriot fans everywhere.

cant believe this.

If they knew this was going to happen, why didnt they take Johnson, then trade for Trent Green or maybe even Byron Leftwich?

screw that, you could have taken a Qb with the 33rd!
damn Pats.

lefty
04-29-2007, 12:23 PM
WOHOOOOOOOOOOO ; Go Pats!!!!!! :elephant :elephant

Dirk Nowitzki
04-29-2007, 01:24 PM
The Pats already have the superbowl won. Dont even bother playing the games because the title is already theirs. Great deal. Everyone else should just call it quits cuz the champs for the next year are already decided.

T Park
04-29-2007, 01:27 PM
This is akin to the Spurs acquiring Allen Iverson for Melvin Ely.

Patriots are un friggen real.

T Park
04-29-2007, 01:28 PM
Look at this
Maroney RB
Moss and Stallworth in the wideouts

Good god, brady is prob snorting lines off of two victoria's secret models today.

Tippecanoe
04-29-2007, 01:52 PM
i still prefer deion branch

Aggie Hoopsfan
04-29-2007, 03:43 PM
The Pats have some sick weapons now on offense to surround Brady. Hell of an off-season.

Dirk Nowitzki
04-29-2007, 03:52 PM
i still prefer deion branch

:wtf :wtf You are Red sox and Pats fan but not a celts fan but a Spurs fan? Frontrunner????? :rolleyes

mardigan
04-29-2007, 04:04 PM
The Pats already have the superbowl won. Dont even bother playing the games because the title is already theirs. Great deal. Everyone else should just call it quits cuz the champs for the next year are already decided.
Makes sense this would come from a Mav fan. Moss, Stallworth, Welker, Washington, Jesus they are going to be scary

TheSanityAnnex
04-29-2007, 04:46 PM
Hopefully his cancerous ways can spread throughout the locker room.

ducks
04-29-2007, 04:56 PM
chargers will have their work cut out for them now

ducks
04-29-2007, 04:58 PM
The Pats have some sick weapons now on offense to surround Brady. Hell of an off-season.
will randy actually run on all plays to get open
sure the qb were not great in radier land but when your receivers do not even run their routs it does not help

samikeyp
04-29-2007, 05:31 PM
If Moss is happy, the Pats could get ring #4.

TheSanityAnnex
04-29-2007, 05:33 PM
I love how the signing of a cancerous, on the decline, 30 year old primadonna, has some of you already handing New England the Lombardi.

popshark86
04-29-2007, 05:48 PM
:depressed

Melmart1
04-29-2007, 06:55 PM
I love how the signing of a cancerous, on the decline, 30 year old primadonna, has some of you already handing New England the Lombardi.
I love how you thought a team with Marty Schottenheimer as head coach was going to win the Lombardi.

Seriously, nobody is giving them the trophy except for one dumb idiot Mav fan. But they are scary, anyone who doesn't think so is a fool.

Dirk Nowitzki
04-29-2007, 07:01 PM
I love how you thought a team with Marty Schottenheimer as head coach was going to win the Lombardi.

Seriously, nobody is giving them the trophy except for one dumb idiot Mav fan. But they are scary, anyone who doesn't think so is a fool.

:rolleyes :rolleyes If you are going to call me out on insults you stupid son of a bitch, then do it directly. Fucking asshole.

Melmart1
04-29-2007, 07:08 PM
:rolleyes :rolleyes If you are going to call me out on insults you stupid son of a bitch, then do it directly. Fucking asshole.
I am not a son of a bitch. I know this, because I am a girl and therefore can not be anyone's son. And I didn't need to do it directly, but fine.. if you want me to call you an idiot Mav fan again, then so be it.

Nobody is giving New England the Lombardi except for Dirk_Nowitzi , idiot Mav fan extraordinaire.

TheSanityAnnex
04-29-2007, 07:12 PM
I love how you thought a team with Marty Schottenheimer as head coach was going to win the Lombardi.What is the point of being a fan if you don't think your team has a chance to win it all? Was I that far off in my thoughts? That team was talented enough to win it all last year.

But they are scary, anyone who doesn't think so is a fool.What is strange about the Patriots this year is how they are turning their back on what got them three championships (building through the draft) and now adding big name free agents. Sure they look good on paper, but it is not what has worked for them in the past. The Moss signing IMO, could be their downfall. Moss has the power, like TO, to make everyone around them miserable. We'll see how that plays out later.

Personally, I can't wait for week 2 aka the AFC Championship game.

Melmart1
04-29-2007, 07:18 PM
I agree that the Pats are going away from what made them a dynasty, but does that mean it is wrong to do what they are doing? That doesn't mean it won't work, but yeah there is some risk involved.

As for your first point, the point of being a fan if you don't think your team can win it all? I never thought the Cowboys could win it all last year, that doesn't make me any less of a fan, just a realistic one.

TheSanityAnnex
04-29-2007, 07:24 PM
I agree that the Pats are going away from what made them a dynasty, but does that mean it is wrong to do what they are doing? That doesn't mean it won't work, but yeah there is some risk involved.It seems very odd they are doing this now, I hope it bites them in the ass.

As for your first point, the point of being a fan if you don't think your team can win it all? I never thought the Cowboys could win it all last year, that doesn't make me any less of a fan, just a realistic one.And my thoughts last year weren't realistic?

I posted a thread here last year telling people not to sleep on the Chargers or Phillip Rivers and most here laughed at me, yet the Chargers finished with the best record in the league and Rivers made the pro bowl. They didn't win it all, but they played pretty damn well considering they had a first year QB starter and a defense that was riddled with injuries/suspensions the whole season.

It will be nice to see Merriman play a full season this year and destroy the sacks record.

BUMP
04-29-2007, 08:51 PM
Personally, I can't wait for week 2 aka the AFC Championship game.

sorry Charger fan but regular season games dont decide anything. i thought you found that out last year

TheSanityAnnex
04-29-2007, 08:57 PM
sorry Charger fan but regular season games dont decide anything. i thought you found that out last year
Coming from a Mavs fan...........you should know this! :lmao

TheSanityAnnex
04-29-2007, 08:57 PM
:lmao

ALVAREZ6
04-29-2007, 08:58 PM
Randy Moss will at least be motivated to play with a team that's good. I doubt he gave two fucks when he was in Oakland.

TheSanityAnnex
04-29-2007, 09:00 PM
I doubt he's given two fucks since he's been in the league.

TheSanityAnnex
04-29-2007, 09:00 PM
BUMP :lmao

FromWayDowntown
04-29-2007, 09:19 PM
I don't think this is any different for the Patriots than their decision a couple of years ago to pick up Corey Dillon. Dillon was in an almost identical situation, the Pats were in desperate need of a solidifying force in its running game, many thought that Dillon would undermine the Pats' chemistry and send them down a path to ruin. And, instead, they won the Super Bowl in Dillon's first year there.

The existing veteran group in NE has generally been strong enough to reign in a poisonous personality -- remember, the core group of this team decided before Super Bowl XXXVI to be introduced as a team and not individually.

In New England, team > any player.

If Moss wants to start complaining about things, Brady and the gang can remind him of their successes without him. They were damned close to at least getting themselves back to the Super Bowl again last year and that was without any legitmate wide receivers. And, given how little the Pats gave up to get Moss, if he decides to go T.O. at some point, they can easily just drop his ass and move on. They're better enough at WR to think that they're more complete now than they were in January.

I don't see how this could conceivably be a bad thing for New England.

TheSanityAnnex
04-29-2007, 09:52 PM
With only giving up a 4th, its not very risky. I'm just hoping it blows up.

TheSanityAnnex
04-30-2007, 12:55 AM
Moss, Stallworth, and Washington= a recipe for disaster......stay tuned.

TheSanityAnnex
04-30-2007, 12:57 AM
Probably....

How do you feel about these talented, but questionable (character) acquisitions?

J.T.
04-30-2007, 01:02 AM
They'll still have to beat the Colts, and now that Manning is on a streak against them and brought them down after a huge comeback, playing the final drive on bum thumb on his throwing hand, he's got to have way more confidence and swagger playing against them. The days of Pats dominance over the Colts and the Manning Face are over.

I think Moss will be good for the Pats, but the Colts have three really young CBs who I feel are about to have huge breakout success, if they didn't do well enough last season. This doesn't guarantee the Pats anything, there are still a few teams that could knock them out.

TheSanityAnnex
04-30-2007, 01:21 AM
:lol @ you changing your avatar.

Horry For 3!
04-30-2007, 02:44 AM
Patriots are goin to be sick.

Moss knows he has to act right or he will be released. Plus you can't fuck around in the Patriots organization.

slayermin
04-30-2007, 02:46 AM
It would have been sweet to see Russell throw one of his 80 yard spirals to Moss, even if it was just once in practice.

possessed
05-02-2007, 10:11 PM
As a Raider fan, I got 2 words...

Good Riddance.

:flipoff

teamster
05-15-2007, 08:21 PM
Are there any other Patriots fans here besides me? Im a huge Patriot, redsox & yes a celtic fan! I am from Mass. But sorry to say i live in utah :dizzy My wife is from utah! :married: With randy moss now in new england the colts and the entire league is introuble! GO PATS.... HEY COLTS :flipoff :flipoff :flipoff

dallaskd
05-15-2007, 10:10 PM
well he didnt work out in oakland(mainly because of no quarterback) and lack of motivation. he should plenty motivated next season.

Tradition
05-21-2007, 05:13 PM
nice move for a paper team. The Colts still own the Pats. New Englands days of 03-04 and 04-05 are no longer here. They havent beaten the Colts since their last superbowl. Until somebody knocks off the Colts, they are the team to beat NOT the 2006 afc title game losers!

Tippecanoe
05-21-2007, 06:32 PM
:wtf :wtf You are Red sox and Pats fan but not a celts fan but a Spurs fan? Frontrunner????? :rolleyes

believe it or not, i attended wake forest during the duncan years. i was a freshman when tim was a junior. i've followed duncan ever since. i still follow the celtics, who absolutely must get lucky in this draft lottery

mikejones99
05-23-2007, 04:59 AM
this is like the Spurs getting Finley for cheap. Pats, Den or SD wins it. manning is a choker

Dirk Nowitzki
05-24-2007, 03:53 PM
this is like the Spurs getting Finley for cheap. Pats, Den or SD wins it. manning is a choker

Umm Peyton won the superbowl last year and has all the confidence in the world against the Pats and Billicunt. It has been over 2 years since the Pats last beat them. Colts can no longer be called a soft team or a team who cant grind out low scoring games because they already proved that they can. The road in the AFC goes through Indy until proven otherwise.

monosylab1k
05-24-2007, 03:57 PM
After losing so many players, the Colts will be lucky to win their own division this year.

I'm calling it right now - BEWARE THE JACKSONVILLE JAGUARS!

Matt Jones is about to BLOW UP.