PDA

View Full Version : Suns in 5 - Nash is the REAL MVP

1SUNSFAN
04-29-2007, 04:48 PM
The Suns are going to wrap up their first round in 5 games. The LA FAKERS were lucky to get 1 game. Steve Nash is proving that he once again deserves to be the MVP this year. I believe it will go to Dirk this year even though he doesn't deserve it. I'd rather see Dirk win it than stupid Kobe.

Amarelooms
04-29-2007, 04:55 PM
The Suns are going to wrap up their first round in 5 games. The LA FAKERS were lucky to get 1 game. Steve Nash is proving that he once again deserves to be the MVP this year. I believe it will go to Dirk this year even though he doesn't deserve it. I'd rather see Dirk win it than stupid Kobe.

Lakers are horrible....Mavs would be doing the same. Mavs just got stuck playing the hottest team going to the playoffs...a nightmare matchup for anyone

himat
04-29-2007, 04:57 PM
Kobe is so much better than Nash. Nash would not get the Lakers to the playoffs. If Kobe were in Phoenix, the Suns would be so much better. Especially on defense.

Suns>Lakers, but Kobe>>Nash

mVp
04-29-2007, 05:00 PM
Kobe is so much better than Nash

http://img164.imageshack.us/img164/7439/wtfktgd6.jpg

1SUNSFAN
04-29-2007, 05:01 PM
Kobe is so much better than Nash. Nash would not get the Lakers to the playoffs. If Kobe were in Phoenix, the Suns would be so much better. Especially on defense.

LOL! Are you even watching this series? Suns were terrible before Nash came to town. If Nash and Kobe switched places, Odom would have the best numbers of his career, Kwame would be getting 20-10 every night. Kobe doesn't make anyone around him better. They are 42 and 40! That's why he will never win another ring with the Lakers. He should have never ran Shaq off. Have fun fishing Kobe!

himat
04-29-2007, 05:11 PM
LOL! Are you even watching this series? Suns were terrible before Nash came to town.

And I believe the Suns would not be terrible if they had Kobe on their team. The Suns weaknesses should appear later on through the playoffs against more complete teams though.

ducks
04-29-2007, 05:14 PM
kobe is greater then nash

nash also has played better when he actually had a big man that was in the post that did not shot threes and not post up

Nashfan
04-29-2007, 05:15 PM

:lmao :idiot

himat
04-29-2007, 05:20 PM
:lmao :idiot

Why is that? Say something to back it up. As far as I know Nash has only been this good in Phoenix. Kobe has been doing this his whole career.

Nash is one of the worst defensive players, and people tend to forget this. Defense is half the game and that's why the Suns will eventually lose. Kobe is already better on offense. With the defense Kobe is so much better.

Nashfan
04-29-2007, 05:21 PM
kobe is greater then nash

nash also has played better when he actually had a big man that was in the post that did not shot threes and not post up

Kobe may be more physically gifted than Nash but Nash is a more complete player and more importantly a team player. As for your second statement, you do know that Amare was out all of last year right?? :rolleyes So, Nash did well last year without Amare, how do you explain that? :wtf

1SUNSFAN
04-29-2007, 05:25 PM
[QUOTE=himat] Kobe has been doing this his whole career. QUOTE]

Hmmm... I seem to remember Kobe shooting airballs at the end of the Lakers vs. Jazz series in his rookie year. Is that what you call "doing this"? You mean losing playoff games. Then I agree. He sucks as a team player. He didn't win crap until Shaq came along. He will never be as great as MJ... or even Nash for that matter. :lol

ducks
04-29-2007, 05:25 PM
nash has been with the suns more then 2 years
I know amare was not there last year
I live three hours from phoenix

himat
04-29-2007, 05:26 PM
Nash is a more complete player

:lol Would that include defense.

Nash is only better at passing.

ducks
04-29-2007, 05:26 PM
do you think gms would take nash over kobe?

Nashfan
04-29-2007, 05:27 PM
Why is that? Say something to back it up. As far as I know Nash has only been this good in Phoenix. Kobe has been doing this his whole career.

Nash is one of the worst defensive players, and people tend to forget this. Defense is half the game and that's why the Suns will eventually lose. Kobe is already better on offense. With the defense Kobe is so much better.

Nash was good in Dallas also. I honestly don't think Kobe is as great on defense as you think, at least not this year. Kobe barely got the Lakers in the playoffs and you don't think Nash could have got them in the playoffs, ridiculous! He is a team player and could help that team tremendously, don't know if he would work well in the triangle offense but he would do a hell of a lot better than their current point guards. Their players would get so many easy looks at the basket and slam dunks. He may not play the caliber of defense that some players play but he more than makes up for it on the offensive end.

ducks
04-29-2007, 05:27 PM

Hmmm... I seem to remember Kobe shooting airballs at the end of the Lakers vs. Jazz series in his rookie year. Is that what you call "doing this"? You mean losing playoff games. Then I agree. He sucks as a team player. He didn't win crap until Shaq came along. He will never be as great as MJ... or even Nash for that matter. :lol
nash was throwing passes in to the stands in his rookie year

himat
04-29-2007, 05:29 PM

Nash has never won in the playoffs. He has 2 players in my mind that are just as good as him in Amare and Marion, and he has not been able to get past the other top WC teams because he plays no defense. Until he does that he won't beat the top teams in 7 game series.

Nashfan
04-29-2007, 05:29 PM
:lol Would that include defense.

Nash is only better at passing.

He is better on defense than you think, he is either first or second on the team in taking charges and he does more than pass. He can shoot you know and at a higher percentage than Kobe.

ducks
04-29-2007, 05:30 PM
nash has came into his own as a sun
but mostly due to the style they play
http://www.nba.com/playerfile/steve_nash/career_stats.html

ducks
04-29-2007, 05:31 PM
damm in 2005 nash was averaging almost 5 turnovers a game

ducks
04-29-2007, 05:31 PM
He is better on defense than you think, he is either first or second on the team in taking charges and he does more than pass. He can shoot you know and at a higher percentage than Kobe.
that proves the suns play no d

Nashfan
04-29-2007, 05:32 PM
do you think gms would take nash over kobe?

Yeah, some might. It is better than having a selfish player getting them nowhere in the playoffs. Kobe was only good with Shaq and is horrible without him. Nash turned a horrible Suns teams around his first year in Phoenix and I doubt Kobe could have done that. He has too much of an ego to play team ball and help other players succeed.

ducks
04-29-2007, 05:34 PM
nash would be horrible without another star player

odom does not show up half the time

it takes three players stepping up in a playoff game to win it

unless two players score over 30 points each
then you still might lose

ducks
04-29-2007, 05:35 PM
nash on the suns would not pass as much he would shot more shots due to the lack of talent there if kobe and nash switched players

Nashfan
04-29-2007, 05:35 PM
nash has came into his own as a sun
but mostly due to the style they play
http://www.nba.com/playerfile/steve_nash/career_stats.html

He is the way we play if you bothered to really pay attention to Suns games. Coach just lets him read the defense and play accordingly. It is like having a second coach out on the floor. Kobe has shown he cannot do this otherwise his team would have a better record than 42 and 40. Jordan played with role players and still won, Kobe is not on the same level as Jordan either.

Nashfan
04-29-2007, 05:36 PM
that proves the suns play no d

Yeah right!!

ducks
04-29-2007, 05:36 PM
kobe was not the reason why odom and brown got hurt
the lakers were rolling then got hurt then never got it back

Nashfan
04-29-2007, 05:41 PM
nash would be horrible without another star player

odom does not show up half the time

it takes three players stepping up in a playoff game to win it

unless two players score over 30 points each
then you still might lose

Last year we had one allstar playing with Nash (Marion), since Amare was out with his injuries. I consider Odom an allstar caliber player, he outdoes Marion most of the time they play against each other. I don't think two players have to score over 30 points each to win a game. :lol I actually think it is better if it is more evenly spread out amongst the team point wise than having two players score that much. Gets more players involved and the defense can't concentrate on just one or two players.

BradLohaus
04-29-2007, 05:43 PM
Duncan is the real MVP and DPOY. If a team could take any player in the world for only one season every GM would take Duncan.

1SUNSFAN
04-29-2007, 05:44 PM
Take it like a man Lakers fans! You are done! :lol
http://www.blogsmithmedia.com/www.aolsportsblog.com/media/2007/04/marion-smush-320.sm.jpg

ducks
04-29-2007, 05:44 PM
I agree odom,brown and kobe went off against the suns and they won
they

I think 3 players stepping up is better then two
but some teams do not have 3 studs they can count on for that

Nashfan
04-29-2007, 05:45 PM
kobe was not the reason why odom and brown got hurt
the lakers were rolling then got hurt then never got it back

Are you a secret Laker fan? Why are you defending Kobe so much? Nash also was not the reason Amare, Kurt Thomas and Raja got hurt and we still well without them until the very end.

himat
04-29-2007, 05:47 PM
He is a team player and could help that team tremendously

Nash is very good, but Kobe is amazing. The West is so tough, and Nash has the perfect offense for himself in Phoenix. It would be so much different in L.A.

Nash would also get frustrated just like Kobe. Nash can set up his teammates, but Kobe constantly gets triple teamed. This leaves 2 players wide open and they still struggle to score. I don't think great passes from Nash would change that enough for the Lakers to succeed.

ducks
04-29-2007, 05:51 PM
Are you a secret Laker fan? Why are you defending Kobe so much? Nash also was not the reason Amare, Kurt Thomas and Raja got hurt and we still well without them until the very end.
I can not stand the lakers
I just think kobe is a very good player that plays both ends of the court
I see alot of lakers suns game living where I do

suns are a more talented team then the lakers
and lakers when one of their main players go done is hurt it hurts them more

ducks
04-29-2007, 05:53 PM
great passes from nash that leads to dunks would help the lakers if nash and kobe swtiched places
but kobe had some sweet passes to brown for dunks against the suns last game

Nashfan
04-29-2007, 05:57 PM
Nash is very good, but Kobe is amazing. The West is so tough, and Nash has the perfect offense for himself in Phoenix. It would be so much different in L.A.

Nash would also get frustrated just like Kobe. Nash can set up his teammates, but Kobe constantly gets triple teamed. This leaves 2 players wide open and they still struggle to score. I don't think great passes from Nash would change that enough for the Lakers to succeed.

I agee that Kobe is amazing but he can't take a bunch of players and get them to win like Nash. Last year the Suns had different players than 2005 and we were without Amare and still made it to the WCF's. I really don't see Kobe as being able to do that with our team (last years team) or his team this year.

ducks
04-29-2007, 06:00 PM
kobe pushed the suns last year when they were playing well to 7 games

1SUNSFAN
04-29-2007, 06:02 PM
kobe pushed the suns last year when they were playing well to 7 games

Last year the Suns lost 2 games in LA due to very questionable calls. Nash was fouled and it was called a jump ball while Luke Walton "tied him up" with one foot out of bounds. We got the home court shaft. At least it won't happen this year. We are going to smoke them by 30 in Game 5. Woo hoo! :lol

Nashfan
04-29-2007, 06:02 PM
great passes from nash that leads to dunks would help the lakers if nash and kobe swtiched places
but kobe had some sweet passes to brown for dunks against the suns last game

I agree that Kobe had some great passes to Brown for dunks, but you also have to realize Amare was playing with three fouls so he was tentative on defense. I personally would have brough Kurt Thomas in to defend Brown and let Amare help on defense on the weak side. We lost that game because we let them have 19 offensive rebounds, no one is going to win a game that way. We let down after being up 17 in that game and almost blew todays game when we were up by 20 by relaxing again. A problem for sure. Would help if Diaw would play to his potential though and Marion getting more than four rebounds would have really helped.

himat
04-29-2007, 06:03 PM
I agee that Kobe is amazing but he can't take a bunch of players and get them to win like Nash. Last year the Suns had different players than 2005 and we were without Amare and still made it to the WCF's. I really don't see Kobe as being able to do that with our team (last years team) or his team this year.

He was very close to doing it last year against Phoenix. Nash is good, he is an MVP. His team is better than the Lakers, but Kobe is arguably the best player in the game. I think many of the Suns including Nash have said that, but I am not sure.

ducks
04-29-2007, 06:03 PM
Last year the Suns lost 2 games in LA due to very questionable calls. Nash was fouled and it was called a jump ball while Luke Walton "tied him up" with one foot out of bounds. We got the home court shaft. At least it won't happen this year. We are going to smoke them by 30 in Game 5. Woo hoo! :lol
now the refs excuses cometh

lurker
04-29-2007, 06:04 PM
Steve's been my choice for MVP, though I think it's going to Dirk. Not that Dirk isn't deserving, but Steve has just been incredible. Hopefully one day Dirk will be the kind of leader that Steve is.

Nashfan
04-29-2007, 06:06 PM
He was very close to doing it last year against Phoenix. Nash is good, he is an MVP. His team is better than the Lakers, but Kobe is arguably the best player in the game. I think many of the Suns including Nash have said that, but I am not sure.

I'm not arguing that Kobe isn't a great player, just that Nash makes teams better. I would not trade Nash for Kobe any day of the week.

1SUNSFAN
04-29-2007, 06:06 PM
now the refs excuses cometh

The truth hurts. TIVO doesn't lie. Refs do. Suns won the series anyway but I wonder if they might have gone further if the NBA wouldn't have drug the series out 7 games for the $$$.

SpursDynasty
04-29-2007, 06:09 PM
Lakers are horrible....Mavs would be doing the same. Mavs just got stuck playing the hottest team going to the playoffs...a nightmare matchup for anyone

They didn't get "stuck" playing the best team, they put themselves in the #1 seed by hitting a couple of lucky shots here and there and winning 67 games. The #1 seed should never complain about their first round opponent. I'm glad GS will get rid of this fluke team and send them fishing.

himat
04-29-2007, 06:13 PM
I'm not arguing that Kobe isn't a great player, just that Nash makes teams better. I would not trade Nash for Kobe any day of the week.

I understand why you would not want to trade Nash for Kobe because Nash is the perfect guy to run the Suns offense. However Kobe is a better overall player than Nash.

ducks
04-29-2007, 06:13 PM
The truth hurts. TIVO doesn't lie. Refs do. Suns won the series anyway but I wonder if they might have gone further if the NBA wouldn't have drug the series out 7 games for the $$$.
slow mostion in those games you can figure out what the calls should have been they were questionable calls that went to the suns way to

DarrinS
04-29-2007, 06:37 PM
Anyone who doesn't see that Kobe >>>>>> Nash is smoking crack.

Crack is whack.

http://thepre-read.typepad.com/my_weblog/images/whitney.jpg

Cry Havoc
04-29-2007, 06:45 PM
I can't wait for Round 2, Suns - Spurs, so we can see the REAL MVP of the league (not to mention the true DPOY).

lefty
04-29-2007, 06:50 PM
Who cares ? the best player is still the guy from Ste-Croix

picnroll
04-29-2007, 06:59 PM
.... and then Duncan will prove to Suns fans again why he is really the true MVP of the league and deserves to be be the NBA Finals MVP.

RonMexico
04-29-2007, 07:51 PM
This is a difficult debate to quantify. You're trying to compare the ultimate team player who can still will his team to win when he's have a personal off night (Nash) against a much taller, more athletic guy who has to carry the weight of his team on his shoulders (Kobe). If Kobe fails... well, you see what happened in Game 1 of this series when he went 1-10 in the 4th quarter. Nash could go 1-10, but get Raja Bell, Barbosa, Marion, and Amare involved and still keep the team competitive.

However, both teams do fail when they get into "stand around and watch mode" (aka - Suns last year against Dallas... or Lakers pretty much all the time whenever Kobe starts taking all the shots).

Nashfan
04-29-2007, 08:16 PM
This is a difficult debate to quantify. You're trying to compare the ultimate team player who can still will his team to win when he's have a personal off night (Nash) against a much taller, more athletic guy who has to carry the weight of his team on his shoulders (Kobe). If Kobe fails... well, you see what happened in Game 1 of this series when he went 1-10 in the 4th quarter. Nash could go 1-10, but get Raja Bell, Barbosa, Marion, and Amare involved and still keep the team competitive.

However, both teams do fail when they get into "stand around and watch mode" (aka - Suns last year against Dallas... or Lakers pretty much all the time whenever Kobe starts taking all the shots).
:tu

Amarelooms
04-29-2007, 08:25 PM
They didn't get "stuck" playing the best team, they put themselves in the #1 seed by hitting a couple of lucky shots here and there and winning 67 games. The #1 seed should never complain about their first round opponent. I'm glad GS will get rid of this fluke team and send them fishing.

Hahah you are a moron. This "fluke" team would beat the Spurs and you know it :elephant

gtownspur
04-29-2007, 08:30 PM
Hahah you are a moron. This "fluke" team would beat the Spurs and you know it :elephant

No they wouldn't, sorry you won on a ginobilli foul, lost 4 straight to the Miami Flacids, and about to get spanked by our ex Developmental League Project Sjax.

Sorry Dirklooms, but your team is gay.

SpursDynasty
04-29-2007, 08:35 PM
No they wouldn't, sorry you won on a ginobilli foul, lost 4 straight to the Miami Flacids, and about to get spanked by our ex Developmental League Project Sjax.

Yeah, the series was lost for SA because of Ginobili. Not terrific play by Dallas or another. Mistake on the part of SA. Dallas will go ahead and get eliminated in the first round this year just to finish off their flukeness :lol SA, Phoenix, and Golden State are the elite of the West.

Kobulingam
04-29-2007, 08:36 PM
LOL! Are you even watching this series? Suns were terrible before Nash came to town. If Nash and Kobe switched places, Odom would have the best numbers of his career, Kwame would be getting 20-10 every night. Kobe doesn't make anyone around him better. They are 42 and 40! That's why he will never win another ring with the Lakers. He should have never ran Shaq off. Have fun fishing Kobe!

Agree, but not quite to that extent.

RonMexico
04-29-2007, 09:15 PM

Correction, ex-Suns 2nd round draft pick/D-League Project SJax.