PDA

View Full Version : who said Rice and Bush did not know about 911?

The Power Hour
04-29-2007, 05:51 PM
Watch 60 Minutes right now and see the proof that they did!

Aggie Hoopsfan
04-29-2007, 06:29 PM
http://www.spurstalk.com/forums/showthread.php?t=65214

ChumpDumper
04-29-2007, 06:30 PM
:lol That might have to be stickied.

ChumpDumper
04-29-2007, 06:47 PM
A pretty disappointing interview that, done properly, could have taken up the entire hour without losing steam. Spent too much time harping on questions that Tenet had already answered and was clearly not going to elaborate.

The Power Hour
04-30-2007, 01:05 AM
I have to agree. The person giving the interview could have maybe got more out of that man who was clearly lying and was just trying to sell his book. I wish i never made the topic. AggieHoops you can delete this topic now.

ChumpDumper
04-30-2007, 01:16 AM
What was he "clearly lying" about?

AHF can't delete anything anymore.

Nbadan
04-30-2007, 01:51 AM
As a Clinton holdover, Tenet should have known the most about 911, along with Richard Clark. Tenet's credibility sucks...

WASHINGTON - Former CIA director George Tenet on Sunday heatedly denied allegations that US interrogators have used torture to extract information from prisoners in the so-called US ‘war on terror.’

‘The image that’s been portrayed is, we sat around the campfire and said, ‘Oh, boy, now we go get to torture people.’ Well, we don’t torture people. Let me say that again to you. We don’t torture people. Okay?’ Tenet told the CBS news show ‘60 Minutes.’

‘Come on, George,’ replied interviewer Scott Pelley, who questioned Tenet repeatedly during a tense exchange about accusations of torture, many from terror suspects held at the US naval base in Guantanamo Bay, Cuba.

‘We don’t torture people,’ Tenet answered.

‘Waterboarding?’ Pelley asked, referring to a process whereby water is continually poured over a detainee’s face and mouth, causing a sharp gag reflex.

‘We do not -- I don’t talk about techniques,’ Tenet replied.

‘It’s torture,’ Pelley said.

ChumpDumper
04-30-2007, 01:53 AM
As a Clinton holdover, Tenet should have known the most about 911, along with Richard Clark.He did.
Tenet's credibility sucks.Because he gives the party line on extraordinary rendition?

Nbadan
04-30-2007, 01:56 AM
I guess they just forgot about operation bojinka (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Bojinka_Plot)?

Nbadan
04-30-2007, 01:59 AM
Because he gives the party line on extraordinary rendition?

call it what it is, kidnap and torture.

ChumpDumper
04-30-2007, 02:04 AM
Bojinka was about blowing airliners up, not flying them into buildings.

A Cessna packed with explosives was to be flown into Langley.

ChumpDumper
04-30-2007, 02:06 AM
call it what it is, kidnap and torture.I agree his "we don't torture" line excludes the other parts "we give people to other guys who do torture" and "we don't call waterboarding torture" but so what?

Nbadan
04-30-2007, 02:06 AM
the devil is in the details chumpy...

On December 11, 1994, Yousef built another bomb, which had one tenth of the power that his final bombs were planned to have, in the lavatory of an aircraft. He left it inside the life jacket under his seat, 26K, and got off the plane when it arrived in Cebu. Yousef had boarded the flight under the assumed name of Armaldo Forlani, using a false Italian passport. The aircraft was Philippine Airlines Flight 434 on a Manila to Narita route, stopping partway at Cebu. Yousef had set the timer for four hours after he got off the aircraft. The bomb exploded while the aircraft was over Minami Daito Island, near Okinawa, Japan. A Japanese businessman named Haruki Ikegami was killed after the bomb detonated. The Boeing 747-200 safely made an emergency landing in Naha, Okinawa. None of the aircraft's other 272 passengers or any members of the crew were killed, although 10 passengers in front of Ikegami were injured. Yousef then planned which flights to attack for Phase I.

Wanna take any guesses where Yousef likely planted the bomb?

ChumpDumper
04-30-2007, 02:08 AM
"He left it inside the life jacket under his seat"

That was easy.

Nbadan
04-30-2007, 02:09 AM
under his seat which just happened to be over something else..

ChumpDumper
04-30-2007, 02:10 AM
The pod from the first edition of Loose Change.

Nbadan
04-30-2007, 02:16 AM
Common Chumpy, why would Yousef risk planting a bomb that wasn't even big enough to kill anyone?

ChumpDumper
04-30-2007, 02:21 AM
Even terrorists make test runs.

And you should probably reread the wiki.

"A Japanese businessman named Haruki Ikegami was killed after the bomb detonated."

Nbadan
04-30-2007, 02:29 AM
Even terrorists make test runs.

A test run? A test run for what Chumpy? bombing a plane? Seems like he succeded doing that, but the plane didn't go down....so what went wrong?

ChumpDumper
04-30-2007, 02:37 AM
test run? A test run for what Chumpy? bombing a plane?Yes.

Again, from your own link:

"On December 11, 1994, Yousef built another bomb, which had one tenth of the power that his final bombs were planned to have"

Do you even read your own posts?

Nbadan
04-30-2007, 02:48 AM
Yes, but it doesn't mean I agree with it all Chumpy. I have no doubt that Yousef knew what he was doing, he had after all, plenty of prior ordinance experience if you've read his bio. so why risk getting caught with a bomb much to small to take down a plane?

ChumpDumper
04-30-2007, 02:53 AM
Because he had a much bigger plan in mind. For all his experience, this was a new plan which needed to be tested so it could be duplicated 11 times with larger bombs with people who didn't have Yousef's expertise. And if the bomb actually did go off while he was on the plane, there was a chance he would survive -- which you have to admit was pretty important at this point in the plot.

Makes sense to me.

Nbadan
04-30-2007, 02:55 AM
On topic news, I see Rice was in full CYA spin mode

Condoleezza Rice was in full damage-control mode today, appearing on three Sunday talk shows to explain away the former DCI's claim that Rice didn't take seriously his urgent warnings about the al-Qaeda threat in the months before 9/11. When confronted with a clip from tonight's "60 Minutes" where Tenet claims he suggested taking offensive action against UBL in Afghanistan before the attacks, Condi seems surprised by the notion that the Bush administration should have done something about terrorism before 9/11.

TRANSCRIPT:

60 MINUTES: So, what {Tenet} is saying is that you just sort of brushed him off. ... Well, why would he say something like that?

RICE: Well, I don’t know. I don’t know what we were supposed to preemptively strike in Afghanistan.

Condi likes to talk (just not under oath) on TV -- but she's currently defying a subpoena to testify (under oath) before Congress.

If Gonzales refuses to have the cops arrest her, people are worried it could get to be a real mess a real Constitutional Crisis.

However, things aren't that complicated. The Senate itself can send its Sargent at Arms to arrest her and compel her to testify -- which would be a lot faster than impeaching Gonzales for failure to uphold the law.

Nbadan
04-30-2007, 02:57 AM
Because he had a much bigger plan in mind. For all his experience, this was a new plan which needed to be tested so it could be duplicated 11 times with larger bombs with people who didn't have Yousef's expertise. And if the bomb actually did go off while he was on the plane, there was a chance he would survive -- which you have to admit was pretty important at this point in the plot.

Makes sense to me.

Or, he could have been trying to blow up the center fuel tank...sound familiar chumpy?

ChumpDumper
04-30-2007, 02:58 AM
Or, he could have been trying to blow up the center fuel tank...sound familiar chumpy?Yes, your disjointed nontheories sound very familiar.

Nbadan
04-30-2007, 02:59 AM
Well, it's late...you'll piece it all together later.

ChumpDumper
04-30-2007, 03:03 AM
Well, it's late...you'll piece it all together later.
Why don't you piece it all together in the thread I provided for you?

MavTalker
04-30-2007, 03:40 AM
Nbadan 5
Chump 1

ChumpDumper
04-30-2007, 04:19 AM
You're welcome to post your full theory in that thread too mouse.

Full theory count:

ChumpDumper 1
Nbadan 0
mouse 0

smeagol
04-30-2007, 08:22 AM
Nbadan 5
Chump 1
Weren't you the one who criticized me in one of these 9/11 threads for saying that chump was kicking the CTs collective asses?

You even got edgy and said I was keeping the score like if the discussion was some kind of game.

Unfortunately the search function is disabled.

I would love to show the actual post to your inconcistent ass.

Talk about kicking you own ass :rolleyes