PDA

View Full Version : Holy F**** Dog S***

E20
04-30-2007, 12:13 AM
The Mavericks made the most amatuerish mistakes down the stretch. Holy shit! :wow

Airball after airball, bad pass after bad pass. Dirk shows up when it doesnt' matter, but then Devin Harris does the dumbest shit EVER, Josh Howard was wide open holy fuck!

On Tuesday Dallas has a good chance of winning, but the series I don't know. Can they win one in Oracle Arena?

The sole reason of Dallas downfall is Dirk Nowitzki's a no show.

Big ups to Stackhouse, Diop, Terry and Howard (BTW didn't attempt one shot the whole 4Q). They at least feel like playing to win.

jaespur21
04-30-2007, 12:16 AM
tonights game almost makes me want to visit mavstalk but i wont

jaespur21
04-30-2007, 12:16 AM
tonights game almost makes me want to visit mavstalk for the first time but i wont

SAtown
04-30-2007, 12:17 AM
http://i10.tinypic.com/63l2a2v.jpg

Amuseddaysleeper
04-30-2007, 12:17 AM
mavstalk is shut down right now

bandwidth exceeded :lol

VaSpursFan
04-30-2007, 12:18 AM
golden state is in the mavs head like miami last year, if game 5 is close, the warriors will win. they seem to have the mental toughness this series.

trueD
04-30-2007, 12:19 AM
tonights game almost makes me want to visit mavstalk but i wont
:lol

Tonights game makes me want to visit a Warriors site, but I won't.

:lmao

E20
04-30-2007, 12:20 AM
That crowd was fucking deafning. The Mavs should be much more comtrable at home. Now that they are used to that eccentric crowd and if they make it to Game 6, maybe they can pull off a Game 7. It's a long shot, but it could happen.

trueD
04-30-2007, 12:22 AM
Stackhouse was awesome tonight, but missed a couple of critical shots down the stretch (choke).

Dirk hasn't found his balls.

Dallas is imploding!

E20
04-30-2007, 12:23 AM
LMAO Baron Davis talking to Ernie and Co. Charles is still wearing the Mavs jersey.

TheSanityAnnex
04-30-2007, 12:24 AM
I hope this runs the Mavs fans off here for eternity.

Vinnie_Johnson
04-30-2007, 12:28 AM
Mavs Talk is closed.......................

Shank
04-30-2007, 12:28 AM
Fuck.

schadenfreude52
04-30-2007, 12:29 AM
Fuck indeed. Fuck indeed.

Findog
04-30-2007, 12:31 AM
We did enough tonite to convince me that we COULD'VE beaten them in a series. I honestly believe that because of how well we played in stretches tonite, like we finally seemed to be getting them and how to attack them. As it is, three games in a row to win is a tough hole to climb. Not out of the realm of possibility, but not likely.

It seems like we finally had adjusted to the speed and the athleticism of the Warriors whereas we were sluggish in the first three games. We did a lot of things right tonite that we hadn't done in the first three. If we could've pulled this out, we would've been in a pretty good position to move on with HCA restored. I honestly believe that if we could start this series over tomorrow, we wouldn't be in this situtation. Too little, too late.

You can talk about defensive schemes and strategy all you want, and how the Warriors employed tactics to force Dirk to pass and be more of a facilitator, but instead of planting himself on the low blocks and demanding an entry pass, posting guys up, there was too much standing around on the wings and not bothering to call for the ball. What I loved about Dirk's breakthrough last year was his willingness to attack the basket whenever he didn't get the spots and looks he wanted when forced to shoot from the perimeter. The versatility in his game was great to see. When he can't or won't go inside, he's just a slightly taller Peja Stojakovic.

There's been too much of receiving the pass out on the wing and then quickly passing back out without attacking. Even when he did get a favorable matchup in terms of a smaller guy taking him one on one, he failed to always exploit it quickly, either backing him down and going to the rim or just simply shooting over him. He did some good things for his team in terms of rebounds and blocked shots, but he has basically been a role player in this series, and they need him to be Dirk. Only part of his problems and lack of production can be blamed on the way the Warriors are playing him. He's played this series with a puzzling lack of assertiveness. The Warriors had a plan to keep him from exploding, but he's come up small, given what he's still capable of, no matter how they have tried to guard him. This series is pretty much on Dirk. Terry is another guy who hasn't done much.

Our best chance of disrupting what the Warriors try to do is with Diop in the game, but he often gets into foul trouble and we can't get 40 minutes from him.

I think bottom line Dirk as a franchise stud peaked last year, and the chances of winning a title with him as your main guy are over. His ceiling is Malone, Barkley, Ewing territory. He can share alpha dog status, he can be an awesome #2 guy, but Dallas seriously needs some sort of consistent low post scoring threat in order to get back to the Finals...which is why Phoenix, San Antonio and Houston would have no problem with the Warriors. Going forward, they have a hard decision to make about whether or not they can retool around Dirk in a #2 role, if they need to seriously contemplate moving him, whether they want to bring back Stack given how much he brings to the team in mental toughness, and what kind of upside Diop has since he'll get a ridiculous offer from some big-man starved team.

It's going to be an interesting offseason. I guess the big picture is whether or not Cuban sells. Who knows what the next ownership group might bring, for good or bad. For all of Cuban's faults, his day to day passion sustained and resurrected this franchise, and he's shown a commitment to winning and contending. I think there will probably be a week-long bender, but he is too big of a fan to walk away from this, and I think he doesn't want to give his gleeful critics the satisfaction of seeing him walk away in a huff.

TheSanityAnnex
04-30-2007, 12:33 AM
We did enough tonite to convince me that we COULD'VE beaten them in a series.
Agreed, losing a critical game would convince me as well.

:lmao

Axl Van Dam
04-30-2007, 12:36 AM
We did enough tonite to convince me that we COULD'VE beaten them in a series. I honestly believe that because of how well we played in stretches tonite, like we finally seemed to be getting them and how to attack them. As it is, three games in a row to win is a tough hole to climb. Not out of the realm of possibility, but not likely.

It seems like we finally had adjusted to the speed and the athleticism of the Warriors whereas we were sluggish in the first three games. We did a lot of things right tonite that we hadn't done in the first three. If we could've pulled this out, we would've been in a pretty good position to move on with HCA restored. I honestly believe that if we could start this series over tomorrow, we wouldn't be in this situtation. Too little, too late.

You can talk about defensive schemes and strategy all you want, and how the Warriors employed tactics to force Dirk to pass and be more of a facilitator, but instead of planting himself on the low blocks and demanding an entry pass, posting guys up, there was too much standing around on the wings and not bothering to call for the ball. What I loved about Dirk's breakthrough last year was his willingness to attack the basket whenever he didn't get the spots and looks he wanted when forced to shoot from the perimeter. The versatility in his game was great to see. When he can't or won't go inside, he's just a slightly taller Peja Stojakovic.

There's been too much of receiving the pass out on the wing and then quickly passing back out without attacking. Even when he did get a favorable matchup in terms of a smaller guy taking him one on one, he failed to always exploit it quickly, either backing him down and going to the rim or just simply shooting over him. He did some good things for his team in terms of rebounds and blocked shots, but he has basically been a role player in this series, and they need him to be Dirk. Only part of his problems and lack of production can be blamed on the way the Warriors are playing him. He's played this series with a puzzling lack of assertiveness. The Warriors had a plan to keep him from exploding, but he's come up small, given what he's still capable of, no matter how they have tried to guard him. This series is pretty much on Dirk. Terry is another guy who hasn't done much.

Our best chance of disrupting what the Warriors try to do is with Diop in the game, but he often gets into foul trouble and we can't get 40 minutes from him.

I think bottom line Dirk as a franchise stud peaked last year, and the chances of winning a title with him as your main guy are over. His ceiling is Malone, Barkley, Ewing territory. He can share alpha dog status, he can be an awesome #2 guy, but Dallas seriously needs some sort of consistent low-scoring post threat in order to get back to the Finals...which is why Phoenix, San Antonio and Houston would have no problem with the Warriors. Going forward, they have a hard decision to make about whether or not they can retool around Dirk in a #2 role, if they need to seriously contemplate moving him, whether they want to bring back Stack given how much he brings to the team in mental toughness, and what kind of upside Diop has since he'll get a ridiculous offer from some big-man starved team.

It's going to be an interesting offseason. I guess the big picture is whether or not Cuban sells. Who knows what the next ownership group might bring, for good or bad. For all of Cuban's faults, his day to day passion sustained and resurrected this franchise, and he's shown a commitment to winning and contending.

:wakeup Your guys are experiencing BURNOUT after winning all those games. :wakeup

schadenfreude52
04-30-2007, 12:36 AM

I think bottom line Dirk as a franchise stud peaked last year, and the chances of winning a title with him as your main guy are over. His ceiling is Malone, Barkley, Ewing territory. He can share alpha dog status, he can be an awesome #2 guy, but Dallas seriously needs some sort of consistent low-scoring post threat in order to get back to the Finals...which is why Phoenix, San Antonio and Houston would have no problem with the Warriors. Going forward, they have a hard decision to make about whether or not they can retool around Dirk in a #2 role, if they need to seriously contemplate moving him, whether they want to bring back Stack given how much he brings to the team in mental toughness, and what kind of upside Diop has since he'll get a ridiculous offer from some big-man starved team.

It's going to be an interesting offseason. I guess the big picture is whether or not Cuban sells. Who knows what the next ownership group might bring, for good or bad. For all of Cuban's faults, his day to day passion sustained and resurrected this franchise, and he's shown a commitment to winning and contending.

I hope Cuban doesn't sell. I've loved the passion he has shown for the team. While I agree that he's let his mouth loose far too much in the past (not so much this year), he's done an amazing thing to this team. I know for sure that people will disagree with my feelings toward Cuban, but I don't care. This is just my $0.02.

Peace. I'm going to sleep. Hopefully this is just a nightmare. If not, then I pray that we can get the next three and advance. I am by no means ready for the offseason.

Findog
04-30-2007, 12:38 AM
Agreed, losing a critical game would convince me as well.

What I meant is that it was a close game that went to the wire, and the result is 3-1 instead of 2-2 with HCA restored. They just dug themselves too deep a hole. They looked real sluggish the first three. Tonite they definitely did a better job of handling the Warriors speed and athleticism...they were up most of the night and they had the game in their control most of the night. But mental toughness and fortitude -- they completely choked like amateurs.

The Suns and Pistons have been here and pulled it out, the Mavs can take solace in that the Spurs last year damned near did it as well, but it's not likely. Not showing up at all to compete in Game Three was fatal.

Duff McCartney
04-30-2007, 12:39 AM
Ball Don't Lie!!

baseline bum
04-30-2007, 12:44 AM
I couldn't believe that play with about a minute left when Nowitzki, Howard, and Stackhouse kept passing it around like a hot potato, scared tp shoot, before Stackhouse came out with his trademark choke in traveling.

E20
04-30-2007, 12:45 AM
The Mavs could win the series here are some keys I think that might pull it through:

-Diop/Offensive rebounding, Diop was big in getting loose rebounds and putting up garbage points.

-This is tricky - Players such as Barnes, Richardson, Pietrus thrive on the dribble penetration of Davis and Ellis waiting to shoot the OPEN three. Stoping the dribble penetration stops the wide looks they're getting. Running a 1-2-2 may stop the penetration up to the FT line extended and allows the bottom two to cover any passes made to the wings so the three ball is covered.

-Control the tempo, The Mavs did this for 3 quarters and were building a lead; slowing down and playing half-court. Not rushing, but calm taking your time. Also playing w/ confidence. Times I saw Mavs players getting the ball with the body lanugage signaling that: I don't the ball, so they chuck a horrible shot or make a bad pass.

-Last, but not least: Get Dirk involved early. Once Dirk gets rolling early on the confidence will build and the Warriors D will be too focused on Dirk and allows other Mavs getting easier open looks. Run an ISO if you have to w/ Dirk and let the double come and kick out to the open guy. SJax/Harrington/Richardson are on him and if Dirk can just nut up and back them down to the point where it's a 6-9 foot turn around J.

That's all I can think of.

E20
04-30-2007, 12:57 AM
Kind of sad that I have more support than all the Mav fans here for the Mavs.

Lp26
04-30-2007, 01:06 AM
The key is definately Diop for the Mavs. Dirk is not a good defender and he can't play the 5. His contributions on the offensive end are not enough to negate his bad defense. The momentum in this game changed when Diop picked up his 5th foul.

Even then i don't know if that would be enough since the Mavs have showed ZERO mental toughness.

dav4463
04-30-2007, 01:50 AM
I hope Cuban doesn't sell. I've loved the passion he has shown for the team. While I agree that he's let his mouth loose far too much in the past (not so much this year), he's done an amazing thing to this team. I know for sure that people will disagree with my feelings toward Cuban, but I don't care. This is just my $0.02.

Peace. I'm going to sleep. Hopefully this is just a nightmare. If not, then I pray that we can get the next three and advance. I am by no means ready for the offseason.

I wish Cuban would sell the team, take his money and crawl off somewhere where I never have to see or hear from him again.

ManuTim_best of Fwiendz
04-30-2007, 01:54 AM
mavstalk is shut down right now

bandwidth exceeded :lol
that's a lie. The siterunner was just using good judgment :lol.

It would only exacerbate their condition right now.

trueD
04-30-2007, 02:06 AM

I think bottom line Dirk as a franchise stud peaked last year, and the chances of winning a title with him as your main guy are over. His ceiling is Malone, Barkley, Ewing territory. He can share alpha dog status, he can be an awesome #2 guy, but Dallas seriously needs some sort of consistent low post scoring threat in order to get back to the Finals...which is why Phoenix, San Antonio and Houston would have no problem with the Warriors. Going forward, they have a hard decision to make about whether or not they can retool around Dirk in a #2 role, if they need to seriously contemplate moving him, whether they want to bring back Stack given how much he brings to the team in mental toughness, and what kind of upside Diop has since he'll get a ridiculous offer from some big-man starved team.

It's going to be an interesting offseason. I guess the big picture is whether or not Cuban sells. Who knows what the next ownership group might bring, for good or bad. For all of Cuban's faults, his day to day passion sustained and resurrected this franchise, and he's shown a commitment to winning and contending. I think there will probably be a week-long bender, but he is too big of a fan to walk away from this, and I think he doesn't want to give his gleeful critics the satisfaction of seeing him walk away in a huff.

Know what? I totally feel for ya.

Mav's fans had a right to believe things would turn out better than they presently are.

However, there is still one more game to be played. Then possibly one more after that. And still, another game after that is possible. It may not look good now, but sh*t can happen. It definitely happened to Mavs and their fans.

Truly, don't give up the ship just yet. These are still the MAVERICKS!