Amuseddaysleeper
04-30-2007, 01:13 AM
discuss

J.T.
04-30-2007, 01:14 AM
Mavs in 7. Believe.

Shank
04-30-2007, 01:14 AM
I'd rather look at funny pictures of kitties and talk about sexin' up Jessica Alba than to dive head-first into that potential misery right now.

rayray2k8
04-30-2007, 01:15 AM
Mavs got it in da bag yo. :fro
believe

Shank
04-30-2007, 01:15 AM
Mavs in 7. Believe.

I'm totally on-board with that, but shit man - those Warriors are impressive.

J.T.
04-30-2007, 01:16 AM
Seriously, I know how all the Mav fans feel. We were down 1-3 last year and pushed it to 7. Mavs played well for stretches in Game 4. If they can play well longer and use home crowd energy, I can see them winning Game 5. Pulling one out in Oakland will be hard, but they can win on the road. Then come back home for 7 with momentum in their favor. Dirk is going to have to stop being a bitch and push around the Warriors. If he would just stop being a pussy and post up, they wouldn't be down right now.

It will be long. It will be tough. But it can be done.

lurker
The only thing there is to discuss is what Dirk will kick when they lose. :\

Shank
It will be long. It will be tough. But I can be done.

Are you hitting on me?

E20
Diop playing substantial minutes.
Closing out at the wings and three point shooters.
Get Dirk in the game early.

That should net a Mavs win. A plus on their side is the fact that they're not in hostile territory.

nkdlunch
04-30-2007, 01:17 AM
Dallas has shown no heart.

I was so shocked to see Warriors win today, that there is no way in hell Dallas will get this series. they are done in 6.

ManuTim_best of Fwiendz
discuss
:lol is this the earliest? I think you should have gambled and made this thread after Baron Davis' halfcourt shot. That seemed like they were destined to take this game in Instant Classic style.

J.T.
Are you hitting on me?

Maybe. Meet me behind the gym after school.

ManuTim_best of Fwiendz
04-30-2007, 01:20 AM
:lol. I can't tell, whether the Spurs fans' posts in this thread (and the game 4 blog prior) are disingenuous or just worried about tempting the basketball gods?? Or even looking to use the power of a collective jinx/hex on the Mavs.

Do you guys really believe?? For the Mavs??? Whatever let's you sleep easier at night. :lol

Amuseddaysleeper
04-30-2007, 01:21 AM
:lol is this the earliest? I think you should have gambled and made this thread after Baron Davis' halfcourt shot. That seemed like they were destined to take this game in Instant Classic style.

:lol

if it ain't broke, don't fix it

E20
I want the Mavs to win. I got money on them winning this series.

Trainwreck2100
Mavs got this one

Findog
04-30-2007, 01:24 AM
It's possible, Dallas finally seemed to be able to keep up in transition and do the things they wanted to do tonight, but 3-1 is pretty tough. A few possessions here or there, wipe out those two fluke end of quarter plays by Davis, and it's 2-2 with HCA. They finally seem to have figured out how to attack these guys, and Diop just completely changes the complexity of how these teams matchup, I think he may never have much of an offensive game but he can be a useful defender at the center position if he ever builds his stamina up to 35 minutes a game. He's going to get a ridiculous offer from some team and I think Cuban seriously has to consider matching it.

All that said, tonight was more of a return to Mavs basketball, but there are some things they still just can't neutralize. And not only is Dirk having a subpar series, but he's completely disappeared and turned into a role player. He got a lot of rebounds tonite and he blocked some shots, he contributed tonight, but nowhere near "MVP" impact. The Warrior's strategy toward him I thought would contribute to a lower-impact series and more of a decoy/facilitator role, but he's been turned into a taller Peja Stojakovic. Soft Euro Jumpshooter, which is so weird to see after he peaked last year as a versatile inside/out lethal scoring weapon.

Three straight is pretty steep. The Suns did it, the Pistons did it, you guys came a centimeter away from pulling it off, but I doubt it. The odds say no. No margin for error whatsoever.

gilmor
04-30-2007, 01:25 AM
The Mavs is invincible.. Dirk is MVP.. and AJ is coach of the year.. plus they paid off the refs..

schadenfreude52
04-30-2007, 01:27 AM
Mavs will win this one. Guaranteed.

Despite the loss, I think we played well on the whole. Yes, we had fuck-ups, and yes those screwed us over, but I am still confident in this team. We will push this to 7, and we will prevail. We did not come this far to get blown out like this. Our experience, our passion, our strength, our coach will shine on Tuesday. Each player on the Dallas Mavericks will sprout an extra pair of balls and lead us to victory. We have Golden State in our crosshairs.

On another note, if our crowd isn't fired up on Tuesday and ready to give us the energy that GS fans gave their team, then I will be sorely disappointed. If we don't get that energy, then I say we forcibly make the "pretty people" of Dallas give up their seats to real fans. Fans who don't start rooting because the team is doing "well." Fans who don't desert their team when the going get tough. Fans who have faith that their team will bounce back after a heartbreaking loss.

Xylus
04-30-2007, 01:28 AM
Mavs will win Game 5. The home crowd and motivation to avoid complete embarrassment will propel them to a relatively easy win. Game 6 will decide the series.

ManuTim_best of Fwiendz
04-30-2007, 01:42 AM
There's no doubt in my mind, that Dirk is going to be calling up his buddy Steve, asking how he handled it last year against the seventh seed Lakers.

lefty
04-30-2007, 01:47 AM
The only thing there is to discuss is what Dirk will kick when they lose. :\

a treadmill ? no, people are more into elliptical machines today

Hitting an elliptical machine is cooler

Dirk Nowitzki
04-30-2007, 01:47 AM
the mavs suck and i hope they trade dirk for elson

lefty
04-30-2007, 01:49 AM
the mavs suck and i hope they trade dirk for elson

Overreacting ?? :lol

SpursDynasty
04-30-2007, 01:50 AM
SpursTalk board after Game 1: "Mavs in 5"
SpursTalk board after Game 2: "Mavs in 5"
SpursTalk board after Game 3: "Mavs in 6"
SpursTalk board after Game 4: "Mavs in 7. Believe."

J.T.
04-30-2007, 01:52 AM

Kill yourself.

Sincerely,

God.

Fillmoe
04-30-2007, 01:54 AM

SpursTalk board after game 5:"Mavs will be back in the playoffs next year"

gtownspur
04-30-2007, 01:55 AM
Kill yourself.

Sincerely,

God.

JT.

Go buy a Mavs thong or something.

Seriously,

Gtownspur.

SCdac
04-30-2007, 02:09 AM
All that said, tonight was more of a return to Mavs basketball, but there are some things they still just can't neutralize. And not only is Dirk having a subpar series, but he's completely disappeared and turned into a role player. He got a lot of rebounds tonite and he blocked some shots, he contributed tonight, but nowhere near "MVP" impact. The Warrior's strategy toward him I thought would contribute to a lower-impact series and more of a decoy/facilitator role, but he's been turned into a taller Peja Stojakovic. Soft Euro Jumpshooter, which is so weird to see after he peaked last year as a versatile inside/out lethal scoring weapon.

Couldn't have said it better myself.

Dirk did have that one play where he slashed right through the lane, then dunked with emphasis, but where is more of that when the Mavs need it? The only time we'd see Dirk get buckets in the paint is when an offensive board bounces his way. Otherwise, we'd see him get the ball in the high post and try to create something, as usual. Dude needs to be driving into the paint, getting to the line, and getting his defender(s) in foul trouble. Not that it isn't obvious, but Don Nelson even said he's down to about a 6-8 man rotation. Dallas needs to put pressure on them, and it starts from Nowitzki. We all know he's not much of a defensive presence, but his offense has to be firing on all cylinders, or at least something close to that.

THE SIXTH MAN
04-30-2007, 02:13 AM
SpursTalk board after game 5:"Mavs will be back in the playoffs next year"

J.T.
04-30-2007, 02:16 AM
JT.

Go buy a Mavs thong or something.

Seriously,

Gtownspur.

If the Mavs go down, I don't care. I just want the rematch. But if they go down to GS then I don't think they deserve to play us again.

timvp
04-30-2007, 02:17 AM
Mavs by 30.

Buddy Holly
04-30-2007, 02:19 AM
You really wanna predict that TIMVP? I mean, I think you have big balls if you do, but GS has their number BAD. It's not a fluke. It took a major breakdown late in game II for this thing not to have been a sweep. And it took Stackhouse being almost Jordan like for game IV not to be another blowout.

It's over.

Amuseddaysleeper
04-30-2007, 02:23 AM
you guys are nuts if you're taking timvp seriously at this point :lol

J.T.
04-30-2007, 02:39 AM
I think Spurs fans taking over the game blogs jynxed Dallas big time.

Texas_Ranger
04-30-2007, 04:35 AM
Golden State 112 - 89 Mavs

Baron Davis will kick Dirk's ass.

BUMP
04-30-2007, 08:19 AM
hopefully the Mavs can not play with pressure anymore since they are down 3-1 and are expected to lose.

but just winning game 5 will be tough

cholo
04-30-2007, 08:23 AM
mavs complete meltdown. warriors win

CubanMustGo
04-30-2007, 08:25 AM
Mavs will win Game 5.

The W will represent the Mavs' "dead cat bounce." A dead cat will bounce if you throw it down hard enough, but at the end of the day it's still dead.

Spurminator
04-30-2007, 09:40 AM
Baron Davis just scored.

Even on a day off the Mavs can't stop him.

Shank
04-30-2007, 10:36 AM
Bring Dirk off the bench if he's not going to be anything more than a role player. Start Terry, Harris, Howard, Stack and Diop.

DDS4
04-30-2007, 11:00 AM
Game 6 will be the deciding game. I don't think the Warriors will get another game in Dallas.

Cry Havoc
04-30-2007, 11:25 AM
Mavs will win this one. Guaranteed.

Despite the loss, I think we played well on the whole.

I dunno man. If Howard wasn't absolutely dominant in the first half and Stackhouse didn't take over in the second, that's another double-digit loss. Hell, if Dirk doesn't drill those two threes at the end, it's probably around 10-14 points.

Individual performances are NOT going to beat this GS team (can't even believe I'm typing that). Baron Davis and J-Rich are just too aggressive and too powerful. They're much better in a 1-on-1 situation than anyone the Mavs have. Terry is the only player who can step up like they do.

Mavs fans: Why not play a zone? Someone please answer me this. :wakeup

Testing
04-30-2007, 12:28 PM
I think the Mavs will win Game 5, simply because they are too good a team, especially at home this season, to go down there. Game 6, I really believe the refs may help bail the Mavs out...but will it be enough? GS will have a chance to advance...at home. Davis, Jackson, and company are too emotional a player to let that slide...they'll give it their all to get that win.

DallasFan
04-30-2007, 12:33 PM
I'm totally on-board with that, but shit man - those Warriors are impressive.

...and we are very unimpressive. Our MVP has really stepped up to the plate...

Testing
04-30-2007, 12:34 PM
Couldn't have said it better myself.

Dirk did have that one play where he slashed right through the lane, then dunked with emphasis, but where is more of that when the Mavs need it? The only time we'd see Dirk get buckets in the paint is when an offensive board bounces his way. Otherwise, we'd see him get the ball in the high post and try to create something, as usual. Dude needs to be driving into the paint, getting to the line, and getting his defender(s) in foul trouble. Not that it isn't obvious, but Don Nelson even said he's down to about a 6-8 man rotation. Dallas needs to put pressure on them, and it starts from Nowitzki. We all know he's not much of a defensive presence, but his offense has to be firing on all cylinders, or at least something close to that.

Problem is it may be too little too late. It was the "return of mavs ball" yet the team still had poor execution down the stretch and lost the game. What exactly does that say about how "Mavs ball" bodes for your team against the Warriors. Warriors have all the momentum, all the confidence, and all the aggresiveness right now. I don't think Mavs will lose in 5...but they may possibly lose in 6. This series exposed plenty of Mavs weaknesses which you couldnt see in the regular season:

1) Aside from Diop/Dampier and Howard, the Mavs have very poor defenders across the board. If Harris isn't getting bailed out by the refs with those offensive foul flops, he's pretty useless. Dirk is a disgusting one on one defender and his team defense is just as bad but hidden due to Diop/Dampier.

2) They have no PG. Harris/Terry are really shooting guards. Neither knows how to set up teammates very well or run the offense for long stretches and in crunch time. They can't get to the lane and dish out ala Parker, Nash, Davis, etc. which also hurts them. Harris can finish at the rim, but he doesn't know how to draw a defender in and kick out to the open man.

3) Dirk is overated.

4) Howard is a great 1st quarter player...terrible 4th quarter. He averaged something like 3 or 4 ppg in the 4th quarter in the regular season. That's telling come from your 2nd best player....

DallasFan
04-30-2007, 12:36 PM
I dunno man. If Howard wasn't absolutely dominant in the first half and Stackhouse didn't take over in the second, that's another double-digit loss. Hell, if Dirk doesn't drill those two threes at the end, it's probably around 10-14 points.

Individual performances are NOT going to beat this GS team (can't even believe I'm typing that). Baron Davis and J-Rich are just too aggressive and too powerful. They're much better in a 1-on-1 situation than anyone the Mavs have. Terry is the only player who can step up like they do.

Mavs fans: Why not play a zone? Someone please answer me this. :wakeup

That's like saying "If Baron Davis didn't hit that miracle shot and go balistic, if Matt barnes hadn't hit those 3 pointers.." goes both ways. We should've had a double-digit win but we choked...again. As far as defense...I'm surprised Stackhouse hasn't laid his ass out going to the rim yet. Dirk had a perfect opportunity to but he's too soft. They just aren't physical enough with this team for some reason.

Cry Havoc
04-30-2007, 12:44 PM
That's like saying "If Baron Davis didn't hit that miracle shot and go balistic, if Matt barnes hadn't hit those 3 pointers.." goes both ways. We should've had a double-digit win but we choked...again. As far as defense...I'm surprised Stackhouse hasn't laid his ass out going to the rim yet. Dirk had a perfect opportunity to but he's too soft. They just aren't physical enough with this team for some reason.

Davis has been dominant all series. It's not a surprise that he exploded for 33. It's a surprise that Howard went 9-12 in the first half and Stackhouse decided to be superman for a while. That's the difference.

DallasFan
04-30-2007, 12:50 PM
The MAIN difference in this series is Dirk. We need to call him "Casper".

trueD
04-30-2007, 08:51 PM
Tip off less than 24 hours away...

td4mvp3
04-30-2007, 09:43 PM
Davis has been dominant all series. It's not a surprise that he exploded for 33. It's a surprise that Howard went 9-12 in the first half and Stackhouse decided to be superman for a while. That's the difference.
i think davis average this series has been 33, 13 (ejection), 24 and 33. he's averaging 25 ppg. that ejection was huge for this series. if he's just average, the mavericks' 13-point win dwindles considerably without even thinking about what if jackson had stayed in the game.

sabar
05-01-2007, 01:28 AM
Alright, it's time to man up, fans and players alike. I'm sick of this display, it's just disgusting. Mav fans on suicide watch, making everything depressing. And the players. Oh man, the players. Look at that pathetic Mavs bench, hanging their heads, shaking their heads, looking lost. Play with some heart you whiners and stop feeling sorry for yourselves, get Baron Davis out of your head. And the fans at that arena, don't stop cheering after GS stops a run like a bunch of worthless bandwagon fans. Look at the GS fans, they were roaring the entire time, even when things didn't fall for them.

I hate the Mavs as much as anyone, but this display is just sick. Act like a 67-win team and stop looking for pity on and off the court.

ManuTim_best of Fwiendz
05-01-2007, 02:28 AM
after the Horry daggered win, I can't wait to watch this game now...Come on Warriors! Kill, kill, kill! :clap :clap :clap

johngateswhiteley
05-01-2007, 02:31 AM
warriors will win game 5, the mavs know they are done...

lefty
05-01-2007, 02:36 AM
after the Horry daggered win, I can't wait to watch this game now...Come on Warriors! Kill, kill, kill! :clap :clap :clap

Superhyped archrivals Mavs humilated in the 1st round, Spurs silencing the "dangerous 1st round matchup for old Spurs" predictions, Miami swept in the 1st round (although I won't thank them enough for making Cuban cry)....

Spurs then beating Phoenix in the 2nd round

In the Finals, either :
A. Win the Spurs-Pistons rematch, so Pistons fans forget about the "we should have won in 2005"
B. Handling the Bulls their first Finals loss

Man that would be perfect !!

ManuTim_best of Fwiendz
05-01-2007, 02:49 AM
Superhyped archrivals Mavs humilated in the 1st round, Spurs silencing the "dangerous 1st round matchup for old Spurs" predictions, Miami swept in the 1st round (although I won't thank them enough for making Cuban cry)....

Spurs then beating Phoenix in the 2nd round

In the Finals, either :
A. Win the Spurs-Pistons rematch, so Pistons fans forget about the "we should have won in 2005"
B. Handling the Bulls their first Finals loss

Man that would be perfect !!
I'm just gonna take it round by round, but yes it would be a pretty cool route for the Spurs.

Anyway, all I know is, right now. I'm having a good time watching these games and hope it continues into the second round.

lefty
05-01-2007, 03:01 AM
I'm just gonna take it round by round, but yes it would be a pretty cool route for the Spurs.

Anyway, all I know is, right now. I'm having a good time watching these games and hope it continues into the second round.

U're right , I'm going too far

But regarding the 1st round' I feel like justice is being served ; no more overhyped teams/players ; in my wildest dreams, I've never imagined something more beautiful (except for Spurs taking care of Nuggs, and Horry having his usual playoff dagger).

...mmm...let me see ; Crawford not officiating...plus refs must have been thinking twice after their colleague's suspension....coincidende? does it have something to do with the better teams winning?

Amuseddaysleeper
05-01-2007, 03:39 AM
i have a bad feeling mavs will take games 5 and 6

I keep getting Phoenix flashbacks

sabar
05-01-2007, 03:41 AM
Gut feeling says Mavs are dropping game 5 in total frustration.
I want a 5 game round 1 again, I'm ready for round 2!

ManuTim_best of Fwiendz
05-01-2007, 03:49 AM
i have a bad feeling mavs will take games 5 and 6

I keep getting Phoenix flashbacks
I'm not feeling the Phoenix premonition.

I remember I was rooting for Phoenix when they went down 3-1 and knew they had a bad start against the Lakers and were the better team. I had feeling they'd overcome adversity, (just like the Spurs seeking to push a game 7)

Dallas didn't just start off slow. They've been getting owned. And played to control the game in game 4 and STILL lost, getting stellar performances from at least 3 players.

Four words that separate that series from this series: Dirk is not Nash.

Amuseddaysleeper
05-01-2007, 03:52 AM
I'm not feeling the Phoenix premonition.

I remember I was rooting for Phoenix when they went down 3-1 and knew they had a bad start against the Lakers and were the better team. I had feeling they'd overcome adversity, (just like the Spurs seeking to push a game 7)

Dallas didn't just start off slow. They've been getting owned. And played to control the game in game 4 and STILL lost, getting stellar performances from at least 3 players.

Four words that separate that series from this series: Dirk is not Nash.

interesting points

Next Superstar
05-01-2007, 03:53 AM
There are so many differences in this matchup then the phoenix-lakers matchup of last yr. The warriors have absolutely dominated the mavs the past couple years, Nelson knows mavericks like the back of his hand, the suns actually have a true leader, and the lakers pretty much won 3 games thanks to the heroics of kobe while the rest of the lakers stood around.

Amuseddaysleeper
05-01-2007, 03:55 AM
There are so many differences in this matchup then the phoenix-lakers matchup of last yr. The warriors have absolutely dominated the mavs the past couple years, Nelson knows mavericks like the back of his hand, the suns actually have a true leader, and the lakers pretty much won 3 games thanks to the heroics of kobe while the rest of the lakers stood around.

congrats to your team btw.

now should gs move on to round 2, who do you guys prefer to face? jazz or rockets? and how good of a chance do you gives yourself to get into the wcf?

Next Superstar
05-01-2007, 04:06 AM
Wow I can't believe I'm actually talking about a possible conference final apperance for the warriors especially after we were sitting there at 26-35 after that debacle in washington. We still need to put away the mavs but I think I would rather play Utah because they don't have 2 superstars like houston. We played 2 games against utah with our current roster, 1 was a close loss in utah and the other was a blowout win in oakland.

ManuTim_best of Fwiendz
05-01-2007, 04:06 AM
I agree. Overall, Suns were owning the Lakers in the last three seasons in the regular season, clearly the better team in terms of the matchups. And just like the Suns, the Warriors have been owning the Mavs all season (and last?).
Your team really is playing with that mental/talent/physical advantage and confidence against the Mavs. Lakers had a physical advantage, but became overconfident, and got lucky with Kobe's hot hand.
That's why the first round changed to a 7 game series, because any team can get one lucky game. Any team can get two lucky games...EVEN THREE LUCKY GAMES (as proven by Lakers) But four lucky games??? Playing the extra game increases the likeliness of letting the best team win IMO.

Anyway, much luck to your team for tonight's game. In my opinion, if Warriors deliver and close out the Mavsfor tonight's game, we'll know which win was actually decided by luck. :lol

ElNono
05-01-2007, 07:48 AM
I predict 'Big Shot' Barnes with the dagger trey in the waning moments of the game...

Don't say I didn't call it!

Bruno
05-01-2007, 08:04 AM
NBA teams in Warriors situations (up 3-1 wihtout HCA) have a 46-6 series record.
Stats wise, 12% of teams in Mavs case win the serie.

ElNono
05-01-2007, 09:07 AM
Officiating crew for tonight as announced by Mark Cuban:
- Bennet Salvatore
- Eddie Rush
- Dick Bavetta

B Diddy, SJAX and Don Nelson have been already ejected and will not be in the arena tonight.

Trainwreck2100
05-01-2007, 11:01 AM
Mavs got this

SAtown
05-01-2007, 11:26 AM
8:30 start central time, finally a decent start

DDS4
05-01-2007, 11:27 AM
Mavs need an early lead. I mean 15+ point lead by halftime type of lead.

If the Warriors stay close, pressure will mount, W's win.

Dirk Nowitzki
05-01-2007, 11:29 AM
Memo to Warrior fans: dont watch the game. Mavs already won. This game wont even be close. We just have to wait 12 hours before it is confirmed! Not only will the Mavs win this game, but they will also win this series. Then they will fucking win the next 2 rounds and finish off whoever comes out of the east to win the championship. This is just adversity we are facing on our title run. The hard times will make celebrating our first title in June worth it! :clap :clap

SAtown
05-01-2007, 11:37 AM
Memo to Warrior fans: dont watch the game. Mavs already won. This game wont even be close. We just have to wait 12 hours before it is confirmed!

We will miss you. See ya next year :elephant

AMAREownsALL
05-01-2007, 11:39 AM
Dirk Nowitzki running on fumes, I hope you make it........................to NEXT SEASON!

Dirk Nowitzki
05-01-2007, 11:41 AM
We will miss you. See ya next year :elephant

I should say that to you. When we overcome this adversity as it will propel us to win the championship, I will be laughing at you and every other hater. No way this team doesnt win it all. Coming up short is NOT happening!! This team is destined to fucking win the title this year. Again this is just adversity for us. Once we get past the Warriors, no team will even give us fits like this again! Therefore we wont be forced to play a game that isnt our style. :sleep :sleep I am not worried! I am excited to see my boys overcome this 3-1 deficit!

AMAREownsALL
05-01-2007, 11:41 AM
I should say that to you. When we overcome this adversity as it will propel us to win the championship, I will be laughing at you and every other hater. No way this team doesnt win it all. Coming up short is NOT happening!! This team is destined to fucking win the title this year. Again this is just adversity for us. Once we get past the Warriors, no team will even give us fits like this again! Therefore we wont be forced to play a game that isnt our style. :sleep :sleep I am not worried! I am excited to see my boys overcome this 3-1 deficit!

Ur a joke.

Dirk Nowitzki
05-01-2007, 11:42 AM
Dirk Nowitzki running on fumes, I hope you make it........................to NEXT SEASON!

No where near running on fumes. I am running on confidence and LOTS OF IT! These guys one way or another are getting the job done this season. They will win it all! I just fucking know it! I just see this as adversity along the road to our first title!

Budkin
05-01-2007, 11:43 AM
Mavs will win Game 5 in a blowout. The real test will be Game 6 in Oakland. If they can get that one they got the series.

Budkin
05-01-2007, 11:45 AM

I always like Dirk's attitude and unwavering support for his team. You used to drive me crazy Dirk but I've gotta say you've grown on me. Good luck!

leemajors
05-01-2007, 11:46 AM
Mavs need an early lead. I mean 15+ point lead by halftime type of lead.

If the Warriors stay close, pressure will mount, W's win.

i don't think any lead is very safe.

ElNono
05-01-2007, 11:48 AM
When we overcome this adversity as it will propel us to win the championship, I will be laughing at you and every other hater.

Since when Dallas knows what it takes to win a championship?

AMAREownsALL
05-01-2007, 11:48 AM
No where near running on fumes. I am running on confidence and LOTS OF IT! These guys one way or another are getting the job done this season. They will win it all! I just fucking know it! I just see this as adversity along the road to our first title!

Well, I'm not mad at you for believing in your team in fact I'm very happy that you believe in your Dallas Mavs because once they get bukkaked in the first round by the 8th seeded warriors I hope you can come out and apoligize to us non-delusional ST members for your ludicrous predictions you wasted on such a fantastic forum.

mffl89
05-01-2007, 12:01 PM
I believe that GS has awoken the sleeping giant.
Mavs will dominate the rest of the playoffs starting tonight.
Mavs 113-85.

nkdlunch
05-01-2007, 12:05 PM
I am very sure mavs will win tonight. they will have home crowd and GS will start to feel jittery.

But come game 6. Mavs are don unfortunately. I'd had hoped they faced the Spurs. the're still a little hope.

ThomasGranger
05-01-2007, 12:16 PM
I imagine Dirk will finally find his shot and I won't be at all surprised to see the Mavs get a lot of calls their way (I'm not dissing the Mavs or their fans--just recognizing how much the league would LOVE too see this series go to seven). Add some home cooking from the crowd and the Mavs should take this one.

Game six should be a toss-up with two key factors at play: the Mavs' newfound confidence vs. the energy of the Warriors playing in front of a rabid home crowd.

Dirk Nowitzki
05-01-2007, 12:26 PM
I always like Dirk's attitude and unwavering support for his team. You used to drive me crazy Dirk but I've gotta say you've grown on me. Good luck!
:clap :clap Thank you! :)

Trainwreck2100
05-01-2007, 12:27 PM
http://www.ebsports.net/baron2.png`

Sec24Row7
05-01-2007, 02:23 PM
http://www.lasraicesranch.com/images/misc/davisdirk.jpg

Testing
05-01-2007, 03:25 PM
I still think the Mavs pull out of this and win 3 straight. I think Dirk goes off tonight for 38 and 15.

Testing
05-01-2007, 03:26 PM
I imagine Dirk will finally find his shot and I won't be at all surprised to see the Mavs get a lot of calls their way (I'm not dissing the Mavs or their fans--just recognizing how much the league would LOVE too see this series go to seven). Add some home cooking from the crowd and the Mavs should take this one.

Game six should be a toss-up with two key factors at play: the Mavs' newfound confidence vs. the energy of the Warriors playing in front of a rabid home crowd.

Perfect analysis. :tu

Testing
05-01-2007, 03:28 PM
There's no way the Mavs lose tonight....I have never been so sure.

mabber
05-01-2007, 03:28 PM
I still think the Mavs pull out of this and win 3 straight. I think Dirk goes off tonight for 38 and 15.

I just don't see how he's going to get that many points by the way they are defending him. I just want to see him be more aggressive toward the rim in the 4th quarter. I'm ok with him not forcing shots throughout the game if he's still getting assists, steals & rebounds but he really needs to get selfish come crunch time.

Borosai
05-01-2007, 03:33 PM
Sorry guys, the series will most likely end tonight.

Warriors 92
Mavs 90

Additional Note: I suck at predicting scores and shit, so I will go out on a limb and say that Davis wins the game with a 3 at the buzzer. Yeah, that sounds more probable to me too.

jman3000
05-01-2007, 03:33 PM
in most instances i'd say that this game has a blowout written all over it (in favor of the mavs) but for some reason the defeated look that dirk was showing speaks volumes... i'd say dallas has a 60% chance of winning this game.

ElNono
05-01-2007, 03:35 PM
I just don't see how he's going to get that many points by the way they are defending him. I just want to see him be more aggressive toward the rim in the 4th quarter. I'm ok with him not forcing shots throughout the game if he's still getting assists, steals & rebounds but he really needs to get selfish come crunch time.

Going to the line. One thing I do know for sure is that the Mavs will have home cooking from the refs. The reality distortion field at the AA Center will be at full blast tonight.

Shank
05-01-2007, 03:48 PM
Mavs win tonight, but still not due to the efforts of Dirk.

He still doesn't do anything to amaze but rather his supporting cast steps up to take over in his stead.

Mavs by 16 tonight.

Trainwreck2100
05-01-2007, 03:54 PM
I doubt Stack has that kind of performance again, so Howard better step up in both halves this time

ElNono
05-01-2007, 03:57 PM
I still have to hear a good theory on how the Mavs are going to stop B Diddy...

Spurminator
05-01-2007, 04:04 PM
I have this eerie feeling that the Mavs are going to come out blazing hot, build up a 20+ point lead, and then blow it in the fourth.

Testing
05-01-2007, 04:11 PM
Like last year against the Spurs in game 7? Though they did manage to pull out of it....:)

SAtown
05-01-2007, 04:29 PM
Does anyone have any MVP update? Are we going to see Dirk crowned tonight? I hope so...

Shank
05-01-2007, 05:08 PM
Not until next week. They might bump it up to this Friday night if the Mavs lose tonight, just to get it out of the way.

ManuTim_best of Fwiendz
05-01-2007, 05:09 PM
Does anyone have any MVP update? Are we going to see Dirk crowned tonight? I hope so...
The league announced prior to game 4, that the MVP award isn't going to be one of the awards this week.

And that the MVP award will be handed out as early as May 7.

So, if Warriors win, and Dirk wins the award. He's allowed to save face somewhat. I'm sure if Mavs lose, he'd really be pissed when he gets it regardless, and request his buddy Steve win it.

If Mavs push it to Seven, then Dirk's nightmare might be overturned. But I'm pretty sure Dirk has his Mick Jagger song in queue, and he'll listen to "You Can't Always Get What You Want" to comfort him into the Summer.

Shaolin-Style
05-01-2007, 05:25 PM
Late starting times piss me off.

dbreiden83080
05-01-2007, 05:31 PM
I wonder if there is genuine friction between Avery and Dirk right now or what Avery said was just a ploy to get him going for tonight.

Mavs<Spurs
05-01-2007, 05:49 PM

Time to apply the reverse hex.

No way that a team with the MVP and which won 67 games and which is the number 1 seed in the West loses to the number eight seed in five games.

It is impossible. The Mavs must win by 50 and it is utterly impossible for Golden State to win this game which is in Dallas.

It has now been applied.

Mavs<Spurs
05-01-2007, 05:49 PM
I wonder if there is genuine friction between Avery and Dirk right now or what Avery said was just a ploy to get him going for tonight.

I missed this. What was said?

Chr!s Childs
05-01-2007, 05:51 PM

Time to apply the reverse hex.

No way that a team with the MVP and which won 67 games and which is the number 1 seed in the West loses to the number eight seed in five games.

It is impossible. The Mavs must win by 50 and it is utterly impossible for Golden State to win this game which is in Dallas.

It has now been applied.

It is also impossibe for a 1 seed to be DOWN 3-1 to AN 8TH SEED and on the brink of ELIMINATION......to AN 8th SEED and get completely dominated by....an 8TH SEED!

Mavs<Spurs
05-01-2007, 05:52 PM
It is also impossibe for a 1 seed to be DOWN 3-1 to AN 8TH SEED and on the brink of ELIMINATION......to AN 8th SEED and get completely dominated by....an 8TH SEED!

The new and improved!!! reverse hex!!!

Mavs<Spurs
05-01-2007, 05:54 PM
Yeah, the Mavericks have one of the best teams of this century, have a coach of the Year Winner, the probable MVP, and have the best home record of any team in the league.

They are unbeatable.

I agree with the tv commentators and others who said that this team is about as good as any of Jordan's Bulls and I also agree with all of the Mavs fans who posted here that their team is far, far superior to our lowly Spurs team.

In short, I agree with Nellie (AJ's other Owner).

Chr!s Childs
05-01-2007, 05:55 PM
Yeah, the Mavericks have one of the best teams of this century, have a coach of the Year Winner, the probable MVP, and have the best home record of any team in the league.

They are unbeatable.

I agree with the tv commentators and others who said that this team is about as good as any of Jordan's Bulls.

Terrible sarcasm.......need any advice?

Mavs<Spurs
05-01-2007, 05:57 PM
Terrible sarcasm.......need any advice?

Not really. But I have the feeling that you are going to give me your advice anyways.

bulletedge
05-01-2007, 06:11 PM
I know that there isn't much hope for the Mavs at this point. However, IF (and it is a huge "if") they somehow manage to pull a Phoenix and win the next three games I will laugh my ass off at all of the idiots posting smack on here.

You guys are acting just like the Mavs fans whose behavior and posts you profess to hate. I thought that Spurs fans were "classier" than Mavs fans? Or so I've read on here repeatedly.

Chr!s Childs
05-01-2007, 06:14 PM
I know that there isn't much hope for the Mavs at this point. However, IF (and it is a huge "if") they somehow manage to pull a Phoenix and win the next three games I will laugh my ass off at all of the idiots posting smack on here.

You guys are acting just like the Mavs fans whose behavior and posts you profess to hate. I thought that Spurs fans were "classier" than Mavs fans? Or so I've read on here repeatedly.

STFU.

I can't believe you're pulling the IF card out. It's useless. You should just toss it in your trash can. The mavs are done no other way you put it.

End of discussion.

BUMP
05-01-2007, 06:24 PM
Chris Childs is right about the Mavs being done.

lightning will strike me twice before we win game 5 tonight.

dbreiden83080
05-01-2007, 06:40 PM
I missed this. What was said?

Here ya go, pretty interesting stuff.

http://sports.espn.go.com/nba/news/story?id=2854688

ATXSPUR
05-01-2007, 06:46 PM
what has happened....at first spurs fans hate the mavs and now because they are down I am seeing all these "you arent out of it yet" and "mavs will win" posts. what gives? the mavs have all of a sudden become more loved than eva longoria on this forum.

ElNono
05-01-2007, 06:48 PM
what has happened....at first spurs fans hate the mavs and now because they are down I am seeing all these "you arent out of it yet" and "mavs will win" posts. what gives? the mavs have all of a sudden become more loved than eva longoria on this forum.

Not really, no. It's called reverse hex.

TheTruth
05-01-2007, 06:49 PM
http://i137.photobucket.com/albums/q224/jribbens02/RedNeck.jpg

Borosai
05-01-2007, 06:52 PM
GO MAVS!!!

Fishing, that is.

Amuseddaysleeper
05-01-2007, 06:54 PM
the mavs will win

this is a home game, on the brink of elimination

there is no way in hell these guys will lose

trust me, I know this

aaronstampler
05-01-2007, 06:59 PM
I can just picture AJ screaming at Dirk in the locker room, "Dirk, Jesus doesn't love you."

What a great coach.

ElNono
05-01-2007, 07:22 PM
Live feed from the AA Center:

http://www.affordablehousinginstitute.org/blogs/us/Train_20wreck_202_20vertical_20050215_small.jpg

E20
05-01-2007, 07:27 PM
Let's go Mavs! Win this one.

timvp
05-01-2007, 07:47 PM
Mavs by 30.

Book it.

CubanMustGo
05-01-2007, 08:33 PM
You can't stop the Dirkinator. Go Mavs!

ManuTim_best of Fwiendz
05-01-2007, 08:39 PM
Chris Childs is right about the Mavs being done.

lightning will strike me twice before we win game 5 tonight.
if this a superstitious oriented post.

:lol I don't think the outcome of the game will be determined by what we say.

SAtown
05-01-2007, 08:41 PM
Do or die bitches

dirk4mvp
05-01-2007, 08:43 PM
Do or die bitches

To go along with the bag o' cliches...

it's now or never.

ManuTim_best of Fwiendz
05-01-2007, 08:45 PM
If Dirk ever has that thought, "omg, we are one game away from being eliminated..." cross his mind, during the game.

then, expect Mark Cuban to snap in the not-to-distant future.

SAtown
05-01-2007, 08:45 PM
To go along with the bag o' cliches...

it's now or never.

:toast

I hope Toronto can close this game out so we can get to business

01Snake
05-01-2007, 08:51 PM
:toast

I hope Toronto can close this game out so we can get to business

No shit. Get this Eastern Conference crap off my TV.

ManuTim_best of Fwiendz
05-01-2007, 08:53 PM
No shit. Get this Eastern Conference crap off my TV.
Amenn...

UGGGhhhhh..

Vinnie_Johnson
05-01-2007, 08:53 PM
Dallas should win at home tonight.

SAtown
05-01-2007, 08:54 PM
finally, good stuff from Carter though, driving in and passing back out a couple times. Raptors left 3pt shooters WIDE open.

Chr!s Childs
Tonight's the night.

BWAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

Chr!s Childs
Dallas will lose to an 8th seed. LOL

SpursFanFirst
05-01-2007, 08:55 PM
GEEZ! Dallas already at the line!!!! :lol

ManuTim_best of Fwiendz
awww mann..why did NJ miss that. Now the Series has been extended! Meaning, the time slots are gonna be used by another game from this series. :pctoss

SpursFanFirst
...twice!

Chr!s Childs
Fuck _allas, they can't stop the Warriors!

SAtown
05-01-2007, 08:56 PM
Go Warriors!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Cry Havoc
Humorous that the first three things we see are the Mavs at the line twice and an easy 2 foot layup for Golden State.

Chr!s Childs
Witness history...........

ManuTim_best of Fwiendz
Great.... Cuban made an offer the refs couldn't refuse.

jackiel1219
Buckets with 2 fouls

kingsfan
05-01-2007, 08:57 PM
Let's go Warriors, dispose of this bitches!! :elephant

Vinnie_Johnson
I got GS in 6 Go Dallas can't lose tonight. I got my lucky Baron Pendergrass Avatar working.

conversekid
mavs will win

conversekid
05-01-2007, 08:58 PM
go richardson!

Cry Havoc
05-01-2007, 08:59 PM
Jrich!

SpursFanFirst
I got GS in 6 Go Dallas can't lose tonight. I got my lucky Baron Pendergrass Avatar working.

conversekid
mavs are spot on tonight... travel on richardson

SAtown
Mavs aren't missing a dam j

Cry Havoc
Mavs shooting hot to start the night, I could have saw that coming.

When they cool down it will be a test.

conversekid
reminds me of game 2... wonder who gets tossed tonight?

Cry Havoc
05-01-2007, 09:00 PM
HORRIBLE over-the-back/push there. How is that not...

Oh yeah, it's in Dallas. Right.

conversekid
ya... foul with the off arm when going up for that layup... how is that not...

Cry Havoc
14-8 with 9:11 in the first left for those counting.

Chr!s Childs
05-01-2007, 09:01 PM
Na Na Na Na........

Chr!s Childs
Na Na Na Na.........

Vinnie_Johnson
HORRIBLE over-the-back/push there. How is that not...

Yeah that was bad.

Chr!s Childs
Hey Hey Hey.......

Chr!s Childs
Goodbye!

ManuTim_best of Fwiendz
just wait for it... heheheh, the Mavs might celebrate if they win the first quarter again.

Dirk Nowitzki
05-01-2007, 09:02 PM
Up 14-8 GREAT START! GAME FUCKING OVER!! :sleep :sleep :sleep This wont even be a close game. Onto Golden State for game 6!! :clap :clap

ManuTim_best of Fwiendz
Goodbye!
so what's the point of this guy's existence?

Chr!s Childs
Up 14-8 GREAT START! GAME FUCKING OVER!! :sleep :sleep :sleep This wont even be a close game. Onto Golden State for game 6!! :clap :clap

Oh your ass is definately quoted!

Cry Havoc
Mavs better be careful. If they don't put this away early, the Red Baron might strike again.

Good timeout by Nellie.

conversekid
05-01-2007, 09:03 PM
don't get to excited Dirk

Vinnie_Johnson
so what's the point of this guy's existence?

He is a Copycat Troll :lol

Cry Havoc

I'm all for confidence but you are clearly an idiot. Haven't you learned anything from watching the Spurs win title after title? Note the Denver game last night.

Chr!s Childs
He is a Copycat Troll :lol

Idiot, I was banned. I can't use the name Chris Childs anymore dumbass.

conversekid
05-01-2007, 09:04 PM
that wasn't a delayed call... friggin tnt.

Cry Havoc
HE HIT A FREE THROW.

Game Over.

SAtown
Oh God, we have to sit through Biedrins FTs all night

conversekid
those Js are flowing like wine.

jackiel1219
05-01-2007, 09:05 PM
the mavs are hitting every shot

Cry Havoc
Mavs now 8-9 shooting.

Vinnie_Johnson
Idiot, I was banned. I can't use the name Chris Childs anymore dumbass.

Then what's my nickname for you?

conversekid
can't wait til GS starts dropping 3s and all of the sudden their ahead... heheh

Cry Havoc
18-9 at the moment.

conversekid
05-01-2007, 09:06 PM
now THAT was a delayed call.

Chr!s Childs
Then what's my nickname for you?

Does it matter.........assflake troll? LOL

Cry Havoc
You have to be shitting me. HOW was that a foul!?

conversekid
bs foul

ManuTim_best of Fwiendz
omg that was a CLEAN block!

SAtown
Terry was clearing Harrington out with his arm. Bullshit call

SpursFanFirst
Attack Now, Gs!

conversekid
05-01-2007, 09:07 PM
i'd feel bad for AJ... but that's what he gets for going to our enemy

Cry Havoc
Mmmm, Dallas refs making sure this game goes 6 so they can get wiped at The Oracle.

Larry89
Warriors getting owned right now... :madrun

Vinnie_Johnson
Does it matter.........assflake troll? LOL

:lol Now it's cockroach assflake troll.

Chr!s Childs
GS will come back. Don't worry. Plenty of time left.

jackiel1219
Baron with the dunk!

Cry Havoc
Davis. Holy damn.

conversekid
good D jax

Cry Havoc
They missed a shot!!!!!

Chr!s Childs
:lol Now it's cockroach assflake troll.

NIIIIIIIIIIICCCCCEEEE!

SAtown
Mavs can't be this hot all night.

conversekid
harrington with the J!!!

Cry Havoc
OH MY. Harrington of all people!!!

Larry89
05-01-2007, 09:08 PM
Come alive Harrington, you extra skin head guy, come alive

conversekid
here comes the whistle flood

lefty
Go B-Diddy!

Cry Havoc
BAILOUT!

WHAT THE FUCK. He had his back to the hoop! How the hell is he in control with that kind of play?

Larry89
The whistle flood is going to blast out my speakers

Cry Havoc
05-01-2007, 09:09 PM
:lmao

"MVP. MVP."

SAtown
MVP MVP MVP MVP :lmao :fishing

Chr!s Childs
Hahhahahahahahha

Chr!s Childs
Dallas crowd is a joke.

conversekid
GS better wake up

jackiel1219
05-01-2007, 09:10 PM
so far the refs are the MVP of the game

Cry Havoc
MVP MVP MVP MVP :lmao :fishing

Beat you to it.

Mavs are hitting every shot. Hell a college team could win if they shoot like this. The test will be when everything starts clanking.

Larry89
What happened to Golden States defense

SpursDynasty
Dallas coming out with their fake jump shots.

Dallas going home tonight, even if its 27-13 right now.

Despot
Who are the refs?

dg7md
Have the Mavs missed once?

ManuTim_best of Fwiendz
Nice...if the GS Warriors somehow win this, this first quarter will have made it that much sweeter.

SAtown
shiiiiiiiit. It'll be hard to match that intensity tonight

dg7md
What happened to Golden States defense

The crowd. Mavericks playing with their backs against the wall doesn't hurt either.

Dirk Nowitzki
Shots wont be clanking tonight. up 14 this is soon to be a blowout. Game over! They should just conceed and lets move onto game 6 already!!

Chr!s Childs
05-01-2007, 09:11 PM
Dallas is just hitting lucky shots........it won't last.

ManuTim_best of Fwiendz
I'm getting an air of phoniness from this game, like complete phoniness, MVP chants... yeah right!

Amuseddaysleeper
GS is looking ahead to game 6

Cry Havoc
Dallas is 10-12 shooting, including about 4 bail out calls. :lmao

So really they're 10-16 without the official's help.

THE SIXTH MAN
Fucking reggie miller. I swear he's jacking off cuban while doing the game play by play.

conversekid
ya... mavs came to win tonight... might have to wrap it up in cali

SAtown
05-01-2007, 09:12 PM
I'm getting an air of phoniness from this game, like complete phoniness, MVP chants... yeah right!

People there don't even know what MVP stands for

Chr!s Childs
That Quark looking mutha.........

Chr!s Childs
MVP=Most valuable pussy

conversekid
Shots wont be clanking tonight. up 14 this is soon to be a blowout. Game over! They should just conceed and lets move onto game 6 already!!

sounds like someone is afraid to finish the game

jackiel1219
These announcers suck

ManuTim_best of Fwiendz
05-01-2007, 09:13 PM
ya... mavs came to win tonight... might have to wrap it up in cali
We'll see. At least the Mavs didn't lay down and die. But it's obvious GS has the mental advantage.

I really think GS will come together at some point and the moment the Mavs lose that comfort zone. It's anyone's game.

Cry Havoc
Molested, Vanquished, and Passive.

conversekid
keep attacking GS... good things will come... get your shot/timing down at the line

Despot
05-01-2007, 09:14 PM

Why don't you go out for a long walk?

Cry Havoc
Hit your free throws. Wow.

conversekid
gotta hit the throws

Chr!s Childs
Why don't you go out for a long walk?

or just fall off a cliff.

Larry89
Stephen Jackson always comes in and fucks up

THE SIXTH MAN
05-01-2007, 09:15 PM
Play some D

Cry Havoc
WOW did anyone see the carry on terry there that wasn't called?

conversekid
wow... not one warrior in the paint on that play

Chr!s Childs
I still believe in GS.

SpursFanFirst
where's GState's defense??? That would be nice to see

conversekid
glad that reggie is getting a refresher look... i wonder if he is going to make out with cuban after the game

Cry Havoc
:lmao @ Dirk.

Mvp misses 3 layups.

Cry Havoc
05-01-2007, 09:16 PM
OH MY GOD. Warrior player in the paint for the rebound = double foul!?

Chr!s Childs
05-01-2007, 09:16 PM
Dirk!!!!!!!!!