PDA

View Full Version : Who the Mavs Fans have to Blame

Kevin Blackistone
04-30-2007, 01:15 AM
The reason you are losing this series is this:

Every player over 6'9" on your roster has been a huge disappointment. You have no offensive center or PF to make any presence in the paint. Damp, Diop, Dirk - all complete non-factors offensively in the paint, and Diop is the only one that shows any balls at all in the defensive paint. The way you beat this GS team is to control tempo and pound them inside with a center offensively. Defensively, you have to keep them honest and out of the paint. The reason San Antonio blows them out is because it takes 3 Warriors to even try to check TD, and that leaves every shooter/ slasher on the team wide open to shred the Warriors.

Put all the blame on Damp, Diop, and Dirk for not being able to score in the post with AL HARRINGTON on them. For Shame.

Don Quixote
04-30-2007, 01:26 AM
A good explanation, but I fear you are neglecting a more important aspect.

They offended the almighty Spam.

RogerIsEatingASandwich
04-30-2007, 01:31 AM
"Big Country" Bryant Reeves coming to The Mavs in 08.

lurker
04-30-2007, 01:31 AM
I blame you.

trueD
04-30-2007, 01:48 AM
Dirk is an AWFUL defender. He gets most of his fouls by making defensive errors which have nothing to do with defending. Not only can he not stay with his man, he commonly isn't even found near him.

And yeah, Diop was the only big who made a difference. After his third and fourth foul, when he was replaced with Devean George, GS was probably cheering a little tiny cheer. When Dampier came out for his 2 minute-or-so stint, I think Don Nelson actually smiled.

timvp
04-30-2007, 01:49 AM
The refs.

timvp
04-30-2007, 01:49 AM
The refs.

:lmao

gtownspur
04-30-2007, 01:52 AM
The refs.

Dwayne Wade.

RonMexico
04-30-2007, 03:22 AM
Dirk's slappy defense is probably one of the funniest things I've ever seen. It doesn't even compare to Karl Malone's famous slap-slam-defense because Dirk acts like such a little girl and just paws at the ball. How he's not called for at least 5 fouls per game is beyond me.