PDA

View Full Version : Suggestions for Dallas

SpursDynasty
04-30-2007, 02:00 AM
The Warriors are more young and athletic than you guys. :lol Get rid of Jason Terry and Jerry Stackhouse. They are and have been useless outside of the 2006 SA series. Also, advise the media to not overhype you guys and set your fans up for disappointment.

schadenfreude52
04-30-2007, 02:01 AM
The Warriors are more young and athletic than you guys. :lol Get rid of Jason Terry and Jerry Stackhouse. They are and have been useless outside of the 2006 SA series. Also, advise the media to not overhype you guys and set your fans up for disappointment.

Clearly you did not watch tonight's game, where Stackhouse was one of the few glimmers of hope for our team.

E20
04-30-2007, 02:04 AM
Stack was pretty big, Terry contributed as well.

Harris and Dirk were big disappointments tonight.

gtownspur
04-30-2007, 02:04 AM
Clearly you did not watch tonight's game, where Stackhouse was one of the few glimmers of hope for our team.

The mavs are too old. They need to get more youth.

I hear the junior leagues at the Y have some neat prospects ages 11-12.

lurker
04-30-2007, 02:06 AM
Yeah, I was almost ready to become Stackhouse's bitch tonight if they had won.

J.T.
04-30-2007, 02:38 AM
I could've told you Harris was a scrub last year. Like CBF said, he's a poor man's Tony Parker. That's it.

johngateswhiteley
04-30-2007, 03:46 AM
The mavs are too old. They need to get more youth.

its funny, b/c people say it all the time...but, the truth hurts. mavs just don't have the athletes to play with the warriors...too old, too slow, and too homosexual.

jmard5
04-30-2007, 05:35 AM
Mavs fans talked smack of how smallball worked for them last year. Two headed monsters Diop and Dampier my ass. They were neutralized. The Mavs FO even hired another big man like Willis to what, give another 6 fouls to whoever low post threat the Mavs might face in the in the playoffs? Thinking way ahead too much? I guess lady luck, karma, fate or whatever had other ideas in the first round. Cuban might want to update his blog regarding the Spurs-Mavs rivalry.

Whether the Mavs lose or win this series, they were exposed. Overconfident. Lacking leadership. Outcoached. Chokers. No Defense. No low post threat.

Unless you win your series with the Warriors, you are on the receiving end of smack talks... big time.

DarrinS
04-30-2007, 07:38 AM
Stackhouse played well. And he had a huge block in the 4th quarter.

Dirk hit his first 3 of the series with under 30 seconds to play in game 4?!!!! WTF??

I think the biggest problem with Dallas right now is defense, especially in the paint.

nkdlunch
04-30-2007, 07:46 AM
how embarrassing

exstatic
04-30-2007, 07:47 AM
Stackhouse played well...until late in the game. Then he reverted to Chokehouse. I was laughing with delight every time he put up a shot after the three minute mark.

nkdlunch
04-30-2007, 07:48 AM
God hates Cuban

cholo
04-30-2007, 07:58 AM
Stackhouse played well...until late in the game. Then he reverted to Chokehouse. I was laughing with delight every time he put up a shot after the three minute mark.
:clap :smokin :hat :downspin: :toast

CubanMustGo
04-30-2007, 08:10 AM
I find it ironic that the Dallas Morning News has a "Parade Countdown" at the top of its Mavs coverage. You would think they would have learned about "parade" karma last year.

Islymore
04-30-2007, 08:28 AM
^ what? I never saw that... thass crazy. I mean... thass crazy.

CubanMustGo
04-30-2007, 08:30 AM
^ what? I never saw that... thass crazy. I mean... thass crazy.

Yep, it's been in all the DMNs. Across the top of the bifold is the 16 ... 15 ... 14 ... 1 countdown with the W X'd out, to the left it says "Parade Countdown" or something very similar.

Cry Havoc
04-30-2007, 08:47 AM
I can't believe the Mavs haven't switched to a zone defense yet. They obviously cannot contain Davis or any of the Warriors main 1-on-1 scoring threats. Switch to a zone, shut down the lane, and be done with it.

MadDog73
04-30-2007, 08:58 AM
If coaching in the Playoffs is all about adjustments, does Avery deserve to be fired?

mFFL03
04-30-2007, 09:24 AM
no its just about leaving your guys in....Harris with 4 fouls in the 3rd, comes back in the 4th with 1:22 left in the GAME?!?

Are you kidding me?

Diop sits down with 5 Fouls....everyone I know looks at each other going "high five, and damp has 0!....Get him in there!"....and he never appears.

they have a guy with 4 fouls...he stays in...they have a guy with 5 fouls he stays in.....

JESUS AVERY

Islymore
04-30-2007, 09:25 AM
I can't believe the Mavs haven't switched to a zone defense yet. They obviously cannot contain Davis or any of the Warriors main 1-on-1 scoring threats. Switch to a zone, shut down the lane, and be done with it.

THANK YOU!!!! I cant understand it. They tried it for a while and while it was effective for those few minutes, they then went to M-to-M and that shit just totally fell apart. Then the next time they went to the zone, they still let BD weasel his way in.

TheTruth
04-30-2007, 09:27 AM
Davis and JRich are playing out of their minds right now. The basketball gods are angry at Dirk for kicking the bike.

Testing
04-30-2007, 09:39 AM
Mavs problem is they have no Point Guard. Terry is really a shooting guard, doesn't always make the best passes and run the offense well. Ditto For Harris.

You need a PG who can get into the paint and make shots or pass out to open teammates while drawing in defenders...Nash does this, Parker does this, Baron Davis does this. Mavs don't have a PG who can do this...Harris can get to the paint and finish, but he doesn't know how to pass out to the open teammate for the easy basket once he's in the paint.

Islymore
04-30-2007, 09:48 AM
Mavs problem is they have no Point Guard. Terry is really a shooting guard, doesn't always make the best passes and run the offense well. Ditto For Harris.

You need a PG who can get into the paint and make shots or pass out to open teammates while drawing in defenders...Nash does this, Parker does this, Baron Davis does this. Mavs don't have a PG who can do this...Harris can get to the paint and finish, but he doesn't know how to pass out to the open teammate for the easy basket once he's in the paint.

and out of the ten easy baskets - Harris on a good night will hit 5-6. terry is a 2 guard, but i think Harris has potential to become a decent 1 in the long run. maybe if he would have spent time under Nash like it was planned, he would be better. dunno, who's to say. Plus you gotta have a guard that can get in the lane and DRAW DEFENDERS. i dont think GS is worried when they let Harris or Terry into the lane bc there's always a 50-50 miss and possible rebound from their shots.

I'm starting to believe BD's beard is really magical! That dude has been a monster this series.

nkdlunch
04-30-2007, 09:58 AM
Angry johnson is a terrible coach.

He still playing the same way, WTF? He does not want to post up Dirk, why not? at least try it. try something, anything.

And last night Avery had the look in his face, like someone stole his lunch money. he was about to cry, it you have the game recorded, go to 5:31 left in 4th quarter, his face is like a little kid who's about to bust into tears.

I don't think a coach show show that kind of weakness. he's been screwing up since game 1

TheTruth
04-30-2007, 10:03 AM
Angry johnson is a terrible coach.

He still playing the same way, WTF? He does not want to post up Dirk, why not? at least try it. try something, anything.

And last night Avery had the look in his face, like someone stole his lunch money. he was about to cry, it you have the game recorded, go to 5:31 left in 4th quarter, his face is like a little kid who's about to bust into tears.

I don't think a coach show show that kind of weakness. he's been screwing up since game 1
DIRK DOESN'T want to post up. The next time Monte Ellis switches onto him and Dirk passes it away I'm sure a Mav fan is gonna choke himself.

nkdlunch
04-30-2007, 10:05 AM
DIRK DOESN'T want to post up. The next time Monte Ellis switches onto him and Dirk passes it away I'm sure a Mav fan is gonna choke himself.

Dirk might not wanna post up, so what, the coach tells the players what to do and they do it. at least the good coaches do.

CubanMustGo
04-30-2007, 10:09 AM
Dirk's simply not a post player. He doesn't have the moves or the shot.

monosylab1k
04-30-2007, 10:11 AM
Dirk might not wanna post up, so what, the coach tells the players what to do and they do it. at least the good coaches do.

so you really think avery is telling them to play soft and jack up ill-advised three pointers?

it's his fault he doesn't have enough control of the team to force them to obey his gameplan, and that better not be a problem after this season....but i don't think avery is the problem in this series. their leadership on the court is the problem.

nkdlunch
04-30-2007, 10:13 AM
so you really think avery is telling them to play soft and jack up ill-advise three pointers?

part of being a good coach is not only telling your team what to do, but making them do it.

florige
04-30-2007, 10:26 AM
Stack was pretty big, Terry contributed as well.

Harris and Dirk were big disappointments tonight.

It seems that little punk Harris always seems to save his best games for us. Against eveybody else he looks like crap.