PDA

View Full Version : Mavs Fans, e-mail Mark Cuban...

monosylab1k
04-30-2007, 09:57 AM
...and tell him two things, first off "Don't sell the team!" and second and most importantly "Trade Dirk for Garnett!"

I am becoming totally convinced that all this team needs is an aggressive leader. A TRUE LEADER. I know Garnett's got his own set of warts, but the guy plays with FIRE and he BRINGS IT ON THE DEFENSIVE END. If we had Garnett right now, this series would be over and the Mavs would be waiting to see whose ass they're gonna kick in round 2.

Garnett wants out, and we want Dirk outta here. DO THE TRADE. If we all aggressively campaign for Garnett I think Cuban will listen to the people and DO THE DAMN THING!

resistanze
04-30-2007, 09:59 AM
http://www.wearethepostmen.com/wp-content/uploads/2006/05/dirk.jpg
But mono...I LOVE YOUUUUUU!

nkdlunch
04-30-2007, 10:00 AM
wow, mavfans are desperate. calm down. stay behind your leader at least until you are officially out of the playoffs.

lurker
04-30-2007, 10:05 AM
No trading Dirk. I won't allow it.

monosylab1k
04-30-2007, 10:07 AM
No trading Dirk. I won't allow it.

why not?

CubanMustGo
04-30-2007, 10:08 AM
Garnett? A guy who has only gotten his team past the first round one time? You only THINK you're unhappy now ...

monosylab1k
04-30-2007, 10:09 AM
Garnett? A guy who has only gotten his team past the first round one time? You only THINK you're unhappy now ...

He made it to the WCF with sprewell, sam cassell, and 12 other nobodies...i'd like to think Dallas has a little more talent than that to surround him with.

CubanMustGo
04-30-2007, 10:11 AM
If KG is as good as some think he is he should be able to drag four sixth-graders into the playoffs.

J.T.
04-30-2007, 10:17 AM
I do agree that the Mavs will never win a ship with a soft Euro in their frontcourt.

picnroll
04-30-2007, 10:17 AM
How's this;

Dear Mark,

Awesome season. Congratulations on Dirk's MVP. Sorry about the loss to Golden State in the first round. I watched all the games and it was pretty obvious Josh Howard was the reason Nellie blew your boys out of the water. I think a simple way to fix this problem is to trade Howard for a guy with incredible potential at both ends of the court, Beno Udrih.

Sincerely,
Pop

lurker
04-30-2007, 10:21 AM
why not?
Because I still have faith that Dirk will one day become the leader we need and expect him to be. It's too early to pull the plug.

I also don't think the Mavs winning a championship is as simple as trading Dirk.

monosylab1k
04-30-2007, 10:22 AM
Because I still have faith that Dirk will one day become the leader we need and expect him to be. It's too early to pull the plug.

I also don't think the Mavs winning a championship is as simple as trading Dirk.

how many more years do we give him?

we've been saying for about 5 years now that he needs to develop a post game and haven't seen jack shit.

sribb43
04-30-2007, 10:30 AM
wow, mavfans are desperate. calm down. stay behind your leader at least until you are officially out of the playoffs.

This just in, DIRK is not a leader

Cry Havoc
04-30-2007, 10:33 AM
You could trade Terry+Damp+ a 1st rounder. I don't know at this point. Short of trading Dirk you don't have a lot of pieces that can be parted with. No way in hell can you trade Howard.

DarrinS
04-30-2007, 10:33 AM
How's this;

Dear Mark,

Awesome season. Congratulations on Dirk's MVP. Sorry about the loss to Golden State in the first round. I watched all the games and it was pretty obvious Josh Howard was the reason Nellie blew your boys out of the water. I think a simple way to fix this problem is to trade Howard for a guy with incredible potential at both ends of the court, Beno Udrih.

Sincerely,
Pop

Now that's just plain funny.

monosylab1k
04-30-2007, 11:40 AM
SERIOUSLY Mavs Fans we need to BAND TOGETHER in this time and create a UNITED FRONT in our attempt to DUMP DIRK!

KEVIN GARNETT IS THE ANSWER TO OUR FRUSTRATIONS! DIRK FOR KG!

DarrinS
04-30-2007, 11:44 AM
SERIOUSLY Mavs Fans we need to BAND TOGETHER in this time and create a UNITED FRONT in our attempt to DUMP DIRK!

KEVIN GARNETT IS THE ANSWER TO OUR FRUSTRATIONS! DIRK FOR KG!

Why not just keep Dirk and go get a good low post player to compliment him? There's got to be someone out there who's 6'9" 6'10"-ish that can play with his back to the basket. DIrk is still a nightmare to guard on the perimeter when he's playing well.

NBA Junkie
04-30-2007, 11:45 AM
How does trading one choker for another going to solve the Mavs problems?

Who is the Mavs go-to guy on the slim chance Garnett arrives in Dallas? It won't be him since he's an unselfish to a fault who would rather defer to others when the going gets tough.

monosylab1k
04-30-2007, 11:46 AM
DUMP DIRK! DUMP DIRK! DUMP DIRK! DUMP DIRK!

VOTE KEVIN GARNETT FOR DALLAS MAVERICKS POWER FORWARD!

(sorry, i know this is basically trolling, but I've only got two days left on this board before Dallas packs it up for the summer and I'm banned for the rest of the playoffs, so I'm gonna shout my message as loudly as possible till it happens)

monosylab1k
04-30-2007, 11:48 AM
How does trading one choker for another going to solve the Mavs problems?

Who is the Mavs go-to guy on the slim chance Garnett arrives in Dallas? It won't be him since he's an unselfish to a fault who would rather defer to others when the going gets tough.

I don't see Garnett as a choker. He's got his problems, but I think those are more easy to overcome if he's got a solid supporting cast. He's a ferocious competitor and plays his ass off on defense...that alone makes me want him over Dirk.

Plus he knows how much losing sucks and will be far more determined to win than Dirk ever will be.

lefty
04-30-2007, 11:49 AM
Speaking of true leadership and defense, I'm still convinced that the Anthony Johnson trade was a mistake ; AJ is more a leader than Dirk, and he is really battle tested ; plus, he would bring more to the table than Devin Harris right now ; Harris has been blah so far.

monosylab1k
04-30-2007, 11:52 AM
Why not just keep Dirk and go get a good low post player to compliment him?

If that guy is available I'd consider keeping Dirk. I don't know if a guy like that is available. Zach Randolph is a possibility, but does anybody really want to take on that sort of headache?

And the problems with Dirk have to do with the fact that he's this team's leader.

Garnett took a 3 man team to the WCF....if he even had one other guy that was worth a shit, his teams would be alot more competitive right now. Just imagine Howard and Garnett together...now THAT is a badass combo that truly complements each other.

Dirk will never be aggressive enough offensively to make up for his serious defensive deficiencies.

DUMP DIRK! BRING GARNETT HERE!

SilverPlayer
04-30-2007, 11:59 AM
I like the idea of putting KG next to Howard and Terry. That would be great for you guys, and would seriously resurrect KG's career. The guy wants to win so badly it kills him.

But, KG and Avery Johnson could never coexist. The two would be at each other's throats before the season was over. And I say that respecting the hell out of AJ and KG.

monosylab1k
04-30-2007, 12:26 PM
I like the idea of putting KG next to Howard and Terry. That would be great for you guys, and would seriously resurrect KG's career. The guy wants to win so badly it kills him.

But, KG and Avery Johnson could never coexist. The two would be at each other's throats before the season was over. And I say that respecting the hell out of AJ and KG.

I really think Garnett will be everything Dirk isn't...which is exactly what we need.

And yeah, there may be some conflict between Avery and KG, but we all see the results of a team that have been united and tight and "on a mission" nearly all year long. Also, winning solves all problems, and this team WILL win with Garnett.

DUMP DIRK!

spursfan09
04-30-2007, 02:37 PM
Tim Duncan pretty much owns KG in the playoffs anyway, so I don't think KG is the answer to the mavs problem.

dbreiden83080
04-30-2007, 02:41 PM
He made it to the WCF with sprewell, sam cassell, and 12 other nobodies...i'd like to think Dallas has a little more talent than that to surround him with.

KG is not better than Dirk and neither of them are on TD's level. Trading for him will not win you a title next year. It is only 3-1 down, the toughest one to win is that 4th one and the Warriors are inexperienced. Don't give up on your team just yet.

monosylab1k
04-30-2007, 02:41 PM
Tim Duncan pretty much owns KG in the playoffs anyway, so I don't think KG is the answer to the mavs problem.

I'd rather be owned by Tim Duncan than Andris Biedrins.

Fillmoe
04-30-2007, 02:42 PM
If KG is as good as some think he is he should be able to drag four sixth-graders into the playoffs.

kobe bryant does it all the time

Fillmoe
04-30-2007, 02:43 PM
I'd rather be owned by Tim Duncan than Andris Biedrins.

biedrins is a beast though....... tim duncan is old and gay

popshark86
04-30-2007, 02:57 PM
biedrins is a beast though....... tim duncan is old and gay

what a fag

u like new meat

monosylab1k
04-30-2007, 03:00 PM
Then go cheer for the timberwolves. dirk is a mav for life, and i wouldnt have it any other way.

i'd rather win titles.

Findog
04-30-2007, 03:01 PM
Dirk peaked as a franchise guy last year and there are plenty of shit teams that would take him off our hands and give us a slew of young players and draft picks.

I don't think trading him is necessarily the answer but asking him to be your main guy is not going to win you a title. The Warriors are fronting him and doubleteaming him when he gets the ball. So freakin' what? How many times in the fourth quarter did the Mavs come down and he refused to call for the ball? Or pass it right back without attacking when he did get it? I also lost count of the times when the Warriors gambled and he was iso'd on Barnes or some other guy that has no chance of guarding him one on one and he hesistated and failed to make the right decision. Hey Dirk, if you're ten feet from the basket and Matt Barnes is guarding you, and they're not sending help, back him down and dunk on his ass! Or just shoot over him! He did grab some rebounds and block some shots, thus "contributing," but that's fine for a role player, not an "MVP." He's peaked, and there's something wrong with him between the ears, because we should be able to beat GS playing big, small or whatever. If he had bothered to show up for this series, we would've won in 5.

What I liked last night was that 3 games into the series the Mavericks FINALLY seemed to have adjusted to the Warriors speed. They didn't look out of sync and uncomfortable as in the first three games. We led most of the way, controlled the tempo most of the way, and it was our game to win. Diop completely changes the complexity of this series when he's in there and has been a godsend at disrupting what the Warriors do. But Dirk put his tail between his legs and failed to assert himself. Simple as that. All we had to do was FINISH. Finish one quarter and this series is 2-2 and we have HCA. Close out and put a hand in a guy's face attempting a midcourt heave. Don't throw up a Hail Mary out of an inbounds like you're Peyton Manning, resulting in a Baron Davis steal and a tied game after three quarters. Those five fluke points were fatal. It really does come down to a few possessions and a few plays here and there. It's the difference between 2-2 and probably moving on to play Houston and being down 1-3 and in a hopeless tactical position.

monosylab1k
04-30-2007, 03:04 PM
fixed it for ya

clever.

dbreiden83080
04-30-2007, 03:09 PM
i'd rather win titles.

Then become a Spurs fan i am sure we can come up with some sort of conversion test for you to take. Might want to start by burning all your Mavs gear and getting yourself a TD #21 jersey.

monosylab1k
04-30-2007, 03:10 PM
what would be clever is for you to take everything to do with the mavs off your profile fuckin traitor. get bent, and find another team to turn against.

hey go fuck yourself faggot, all your blind rage optimism isn't gonna do a fuckin' bit of good in this series. the team is playing with zero heart or aggressiveness and hasn't done so in quite some time. last year they showed they had no mental toughness and this year is the same old shit.

i'm not jumping ship on this team, i'm just acknowledging that it's sinking and trying to find a way to fix it. you're polishing the brass on the Titanic.

monosylab1k
04-30-2007, 03:11 PM
Then become a Spurs fan i am sure we can come up with some sort of conversion test for you to take. Might want to start by burning all your Mavs gear and getting yourself a TD #21 jersey.

mavs will win a title just not with Dirk.

monosylab1k
04-30-2007, 03:12 PM
ya, do that.

have fun clinging to your dirk jersey as they fail time and time again in the playoffs.

me, i'd rather bit the bullet now and do what it takes to win a championship.

Don Quixote
04-30-2007, 03:14 PM
This whole thing is hilarious. Just as I predicted ... or at least thought to myself, privately. Mavs gagging in the 1st round, and then their fans turning on them. :lol

To quote Bill Walton: "Where is the swagger? The confidence!?" I thought the Mavs were the Second Coming of Showtime.

dbreiden83080
04-30-2007, 03:16 PM
have fun clinging to your dirk jersey as they fail time and time again in the playoffs.

me, i'd rather bit the bullet now and do what it takes to win a championship.

KG is not getting you to a title any faster. He is a better defender and rebounder than Dirk but his offensive game is not that different. They are both jump shooters, KG just shoots non-stop fadeaway jumpers. Neither of them draw many double teams like TD does. Which is what the Mavs desperately need in this series. A big man on the low block, punishing this small lineup and getting teammates wide open shots.

Don Quixote
04-30-2007, 03:17 PM
I guess they were who we thought they were. And we were going to crown their a__es.

Islymore
04-30-2007, 03:17 PM
He's peaked, and there's something wrong with him between the ears, because we should be able to beat GS playing big, small or whatever. If he had bothered to show up for this series, we would've won in 5.

What I liked last night was that 3 games into the series the Mavericks FINALLY seemed to have adjusted to the Warriors speed. All we had to do was FINISH. Finish one quarter and this series is 2-2 and we have HCA. Close out and put a hand in a guy's face attempting a midcourt heave.

Good assessment. Tho dont mention fluke and points missed countin towards a win - Havoc will rip you to shreds for pointin out the obvious... lol... anyway I agree with pretty much this whole essay. Those are my fav parts of it tho.

And Mavs4ever - a little angry are we?

monosylab1k
04-30-2007, 03:19 PM
well, if the mavs go down, i go with them, and i will still be here.

and i guess you will be too cuz im sure you will welch on your bet.

wasnt it you saying the mavs were sure to win this series?

just because you jump ship dont mean everyone else does.

(punk azz leonardo pic, lol and you calling me a faggot boy)

i'm not jumping ship you stupid motherfucker, i'm trying to see what needs to be done for this team to win a title. this team has proven it has no stomach for the fight and i think they're damaged beyond repair at this point. i'd rather move in a different direction than keep treading water. nobody is jumping ship, we're just looking for new answers.

seriously, being optimistic is one thing, but being a homer asshole is totally different. you're no better than amarelooms or spursdynasty or any of them.

and congratulations on having SUCH A SHITTY POINT that you resort to insulting an AVATAR. maybe next time you can come up with something more intelligent so that you don't have to resort to "dicaprio boy GAY GAY!"

monosylab1k
04-30-2007, 03:22 PM
KG is not getting you to a title any faster. He is a better defender and rebounder than Dirk but his offensive game is not that different. They are both jump shooters, KG just shoots non-stop fadeaway jumpers. Neither of them draw many double teams like TD does. Which is what the Mavs desperately need in this series. A big man on the low block, punishing this small lineup and getting teammates wide open shots.

i think Garnett has a much better overall game, and even though he's not a dominant post player, he's also not scared to post someone up once in a while, and i can't say the same for Dirk. Plus, his intensity on defense is alot more likely to become contagious on this team than what Dirk offers. Overall we may not get significantly better, but this team will be nastier, hungrier, and much stronger defensively with Garnett.

leemajors
04-30-2007, 03:22 PM
you're polishing the brass on the Titanic.

i thought for certain pussyface would jump on this.

monosylab1k
04-30-2007, 03:24 PM
i thought for certain pussyface would jump on this.

LOL

i'll make his comment for him...

pussyface: "well well well, looks like that monosylab guy is polishing Leo's pole on the Titanic! I am so witty! William Faulkner doesn't have shit on me!"

Findog
If 2004 had never happened, Mavericks would be the Red Sox of the NBA.

Don Quixote
You'll have to indulge us. I guess non-Spurs fans don't appreciate the irony here. And after all the smack Mavs fans have talked all season.

ratm1221
04-30-2007, 03:25 PM
Mavs aren't going to trade Dirk. Golden State had our number this year. It's a simple as that. If anything changes it needs to be this:

1. We can't bench our players the last few games of the season. It's proven to fail.

2. When you have a chance to suit the fuck up and knock a potentially harder opponent out of the playoffs so you can play a shit team instead, do it. We probably would have swept the Clippers and got to rest going into the second round. Instead for some dumbass reason Avery wanted show how much pride he had by running and gunning with the Warriors.

3. Don't give the first game of a series away by experimenting on a game plan that you haven't used all year.The shit works if you've won 67 games. If he wanted to experiment he should have done the shit for the last game against Golden State when it didn't matter.

4. Our dumbass fans that pay 10 times face value for their tickets for the playoffs need to get their dumbasses out of their seats and support their team. Maybe they need to find a different way of giving out tickets so we can get some real fans in the stands. I'm betting the stupid fucks in the stands for the playoffs are the assholes that are only mav fans when they are in the playoffs.

5. Make a few small trades in the offseason (and it won't be Dirk) that will help us against the Warriors and the Suns Run-Gun Style.

AnkleBreaker21
04-30-2007, 03:25 PM
http://www.wearethepostmen.com/wp-content/uploads/2006/05/dirk.jpg
But mono...I LOVE YOUUUUUU!
:lmao:lmao

Findog
04-30-2007, 03:27 PM

At least speaking for myself, no, I can't do that, even if they were the first pro basketball team in Dallas. For better or worse we are the Red Sox of the NBA. If last year's Finals was the ball between Buckner's legs, then what is the meltdown against Golden State? The Bucky Dent homerun?

monosylab1k
04-30-2007, 03:27 PM
ya, and im sure you wet your panties last year when dirk took us farther than we have ever been, huh, traitor?

did the Mavericks win a title? did Dirk perform in the Finals?

the traitor is the guy who is more interested in keeping a soft puss of a player instead of parting ways with him for the benefit of the entire team.

when they trade Dirk for Garnett, you'll be the one that's a Timberwolves fan, traitor.

picnroll
04-30-2007, 03:28 PM
no, extremely angry.
Maybe Dirk will loan you his excersice bike.

monosylab1k
04-30-2007, 03:29 PM
You'll have to indulge us. I guess non-Spurs fans don't appreciate the irony here. And after all the smack Mavs fans have talked all season.

hey there's no doubt Mavs fans deserve all the mocking in the world for the crap we were talking...heck i was talking smack big time until I saw them shit the bed in this series and prove to me that they have no intestinal fortitude whatsoever.

but i'd rather move on and hope that this team does what it takes to win a title. and i don't see Dirk in their title winning future.

mardigan
04-30-2007, 03:30 PM
ya, and im sure you wet your panties last year when dirk took us farther than we have ever been, huh, traitor?
How did he do in the Finals?

mardigan
04-30-2007, 03:33 PM
kept you from getting there.
Ummm, so you just going to ignore the actual question or what?

Nashfan
04-30-2007, 03:35 PM
...and tell him two things, first off "Don't sell the team!" and second and most importantly "Trade Dirk for Garnett!"

I am becoming totally convinced that all this team needs is an aggressive leader. A TRUE LEADER. I know Garnett's got his own set of warts, but the guy plays with FIRE and he BRINGS IT ON THE DEFENSIVE END. If we had Garnett right now, this series would be over and the Mavs would be waiting to see whose ass they're gonna kick in round 2.

Garnett wants out, and we want Dirk outta here. DO THE TRADE. If we all aggressively campaign for Garnett I think Cuban will listen to the people and DO THE DAMN THING!

Talk about going off the deep end :lmao Garnett is a choker also :)

monosylab1k
and if we dont win a title, i dont see YOU in our future, traitor.

oh i'll be here. you'll be the one wearing a dirk t-wolves jersey, traitor. you're loyal to the player and not the team, isn't that right traitor?

mardigan
if you are going to ignore who stopped you cold on your own floor, then i will ignore whoever i want.
Yea, I realized the Mavs beat us last year and Dirk played well. Im asking how Dirk did in the Finals.

mardigan
04-30-2007, 03:36 PM
Garnetts never had a team, and the one time he did went to the WCF, so I dont really agree with your assesment

monosylab1k
04-30-2007, 03:37 PM

how do you choke when your team sucks? the one year he had a halfway decent team he went to the WCF.

monosylab1k
04-30-2007, 03:38 PM
the heat beat us in the finals last year.

and Dirk's performance in said finals?

mardigan
04-30-2007, 03:38 PM
the heat beat us in the finals last year.
There really is no point trying to talk to you when you just ignore whatever you want and make the most obvious posts of all time. Yea, the Heat one, the Mavs beat the Spurs, the sky is blue and water is wet. Anything else you want to add?

mardigan
04-30-2007, 03:39 PM
and Dirk's performance in said finals?
Dont even bother asking, this guys a joke. He has to keep changing the subject because he cant admit that Dirk was a piece of shit in the finals last year

monosylab1k
04-30-2007, 03:40 PM
ya, you are a traitor

he's a spurs fan.

you're a traitor and a dumbass now.

mardigan
04-30-2007, 03:40 PM
ya, you are a traitor
I dont root for a team whos best player doesnt have a sack, Im a Spur fan through and through

Islymore
04-30-2007, 03:43 PM
Ummm, so you just going to ignore the actual question or what?

Mavs4ever says - :blah :madrun :bang :flipoff :cuss

MONO says - :stfu

I say - :dizzy

Mardigan says - :wtf answer the question.

Mavs4ever says - :madrun :flipoff

Sums up the last 10 posts??

No, no answers will be given. Just responses meant to be clever...

Islymore
04-30-2007, 03:47 PM
^ good for you. I didnt know that, I'm just postin shit to make this shit come down a few notches... all in jokes.

dbreiden83080
04-30-2007, 03:47 PM
did the Mavericks win a title? did Dirk perform in the Finals?

the traitor is the guy who is more interested in keeping a soft puss of a player instead of parting ways with him for the benefit of the entire team.

when they trade Dirk for Garnett, you'll be the one that's a Timberwolves fan, traitor.

KG may be a little better than Dirk but the Wolves are not going to trade Dirk for KG straight up. You think Dirk wants to go to the T-Wolves and why would they want him after watching what is happening right now? If KG goes it will be a for a number of very good players not a star for star trade.

schadenfreude52
04-30-2007, 03:52 PM
Why not just keep Dirk and go get a good low post player to compliment him? There's got to be someone out there who's 6'9" 6'10"-ish that can play with his back to the basket. DIrk is still a nightmare to guard on the perimeter when he's playing well.

:tu

My sentiments exactly.

ratm1221
04-30-2007, 03:52 PM
Fuck KG.

ratm1221
04-30-2007, 03:53 PM
Dirk will retire in a Mavs jersey.

monosylab1k
04-30-2007, 03:55 PM
fuck kg,

in case you missed it monoboy.

i didn't miss it. you can say what you want about KG, it still doesn't provide any sort of defense for the way in which Dirk has failed.

monosylab1k
04-30-2007, 03:56 PM
Dirk will retire in a Mavs jersey.

I'd love for that to happen but if he can't be the player we need him to be, it's best to cut our losses and dump him while he still has value.

dbreiden83080
04-30-2007, 03:57 PM
i didn't miss it. you can say what you want about KG, it still doesn't provide any sort of defense for the way in which Dirk has failed.

Why are you counting them out? If you win game 5 then the pressure shifts back to the Warriors to finish you off at home.

ratm1221
04-30-2007, 03:58 PM

You're understandably upset right now about a long season going down the toilet. I'm sure you watched just as many games as I did (about all of them). Next year will be better and you will be over this shit just like we got over the Finals last year. Keep faith. We are close. Will it make you feel better when the Warriors eliminate the 2nd round team?

dbreiden83080
04-30-2007, 04:00 PM
You're understandably upset right now about a long season going down the toilet. I'm sure you watched just as many games as I did (about all of them). Next year will be better and you will be over this shit just like we got over the Finals last year. Keep faith. We are close. Will it make you feel better when the Warriors eliminate the 2nd round team?

You expect a better year next year than 67 wins, good luck with that.

monosylab1k
04-30-2007, 04:01 PM
Why are you counting them out? If you win game 5 then the pressure shifts back to the Warriors to finish you off at home.

the 1 seed and the 67 win team will always have the pressure, even more so with 3 losses already in the series. and the Mavericks don't respond well under pressure.

ratm1221
04-30-2007, 04:03 PM
You expect a better year next year than 67 wins, good luck with that.

Nothing personal, but your post doesn't make any sense. What does the number of wins in a season have to do with being eliminated in the playoffs? I would have been happy with 50 wins if we would have made it further than the first round. Fuck 67 wins. How about that?

degenerate_gambler
How did he do in the Finals?

Game 1 16 pts 10 reb
Game 2 26 pts 16 reb
Game 3 16 pts 9 reb
Game 4 20 pts 8 reb
Game 5 29 pts 15 reb

monosylab1k
http://i108.photobucket.com/albums/n22/nickford_2006/kg-mavs.jpg
it will happen!

AMAREownsALL
04-30-2007, 04:06 PM
No faith at all!

monosylab1k
04-30-2007, 04:07 PM
No faith at all!

this isn't the shitty Lakers we're down 3-1 to.

lefty
04-30-2007, 04:09 PM
" MUUUAHAHAHAHAHAHA"

http://www.hoopsvibe.com/IMG/anthony_johnson-arton21037-240x240.jpg

popshark86
04-30-2007, 04:18 PM
http://www.umpbump.com/press/wp-content/uploads/2006/06/thefinger.jpg

dbreiden83080
04-30-2007, 04:20 PM
Nothing personal, but your post doesn't make any sense. What does the number of wins in a season have to do with being eliminated in the playoffs? I would have been happy with 50 wins if we would have made it further than the first round. Fuck 67 wins. How about that?

Well Gee i am having flashbacks of all these Mavs fans actiing like because of their Reg season the title was a forgone conclusion for them. You are saying next will be better, well you will have to wait a long ass time to see that, playoffs are a long way off.

degenerate_gambler
04-30-2007, 04:24 PM
http://www.umpbump.com/press/wp-content/uploads/2006/06/thefinger.jpg

that guy's the main reason i hope dallas flames out in the first round..

dbreiden83080
04-30-2007, 04:28 PM
that guy's the main reason i hope dallas flames out in the first round..

I think he is the main reason Stern is hoping that happens as well. I think Stern would take having a root canal over handing that idiot Cuban the Larry O'Brien trophy.

Kobulingam
04-30-2007, 04:28 PM
Dirk for KG? Both aren't poor champions.

Mavs need to trade Dirk for Duncan.

Budkin
04-30-2007, 04:30 PM
Come on guys it's not over yet. I still think you have a decent chance to pull it out. You only need a win in GS. Tough yes, but not impossible.

dbreiden83080
04-30-2007, 04:33 PM
Come on guys it's not over yet. I still think you have a decent chance to pull it out. You only need a win in GS. Tough yes, but not impossible.

Problem is from what i see GS has this swagger about them right now like this is their destiny to win this series and shock the world.

Ed Helicopter Jones
04-30-2007, 04:36 PM
I guess jumping from the bandwagon is not limited to Spurs fans.

ratm1221
04-30-2007, 04:38 PM
Well Gee i am having flashbacks of all these Mavs fans actiing like because of their Reg season the title was a forgone conclusion for them. You are saying next will be better, well you will have to wait a long ass time to see that, playoffs are a long way off.

Well Gee, you're confusing me with some dumbass mavfans. Should I confuse you with the handful of dumbass spurs fans?

dbreiden83080
04-30-2007, 04:39 PM
Well Gee, you're confusing me with some dumbass mavfans. Should I confuse you with the handful of dumbass spurs fans?

These more than a handful of them on both sides. I bet i could still dig up some old posts of Spurs fans saying trade Duncan when he was struggling in the 05 finals.

monosylab1k
04-30-2007, 04:40 PM
These more than a handful of them on both sides. I bet i could still dig up some old posts of Spurs fans saying trade Duncan when he was struggling in the 05 finals.

demanding Duncan be traded and demanding Dirk be traded are two VASTLY different things.

Buddy Holly
04-30-2007, 04:40 PM

Considering they're an 8th seed, up 3-1 on the 1st seed who went 67-15 and are a Warriors team not really playing for anything, I don't think losing game 5 would add all that much pessure. Not to mention their fans are sick. Those fans could carry a YMCA youth team past the Mavs.

ratm1221
04-30-2007, 04:48 PM
I don't know who will win but the series is going to 7.

ratm1221
04-30-2007, 04:53 PM
^^So hold the emails for another week.

dbreiden83080
04-30-2007, 04:54 PM
Considering they're an 8th seed, up 3-1 on the 1st seed who went 67-15 and are a Warriors team not really playing for anything, I don't think losing game 5 would add all that much pessure. Not to mention their fans are sick. Those fans could carry a YMCA youth team past the Mavs.

They are playing for something now they are on the verge of making history in this series. You don't think back at home in the 6th game they will feel any pressure to win that one and close them out, avoiding a 7th game in Dallas?

mardigan
04-30-2007, 04:59 PM
They are playing for something now they are on the verge of making history in this series. You don't think back at home in the 6th game they will feel any pressure to win that one and close them out, avoiding a 7th game in Dallas?
They could lose this series and still make their point that they werent scared of the Mavs and put a scare in them. I really dont think they have that much pressure on them. Its them against the world and I dont think they give a shit what anyone thinks. Mavs have all the pressure on them the rest of this series. And by the way, I keep hearing over and over again that the Mavs are the better team and that the Warriors are just a fluke. So at what point is it proved that Dallas isnt really the better team? Only when thye win the series? Im startin gto think that the Mavs have the better players, while the Warriors have the better team. If this Warriors team as it is constucted now had played the whole year together they would have probably been a 4 or 5 seed

monosylab1k
04-30-2007, 05:00 PM
no.

you demanding that dirk be traded and

spurs fans demanding timmy be traded IS EXACTLY THE SAME THING.

so dirk=duncan? is that what you're saying?

a soft jump shooting pussy = a tough post player who dominates defensively?

dbreiden83080
04-30-2007, 05:04 PM
no.

No it is not because Tim is a 3 time champion and one of the great players of all time. Dirk is the best player in Mavs history but has not done for the Mavs what Tim has for the Spurs.

mardigan
04-30-2007, 05:04 PM
no.

Except that Timmy had two rings when idiot Spur fans started the trade Tim talks. If I was a Mav fan I would rather get rid of Howard, that guy disapears in the 4th more than any player I can remember recently

himat
04-30-2007, 05:06 PM
Mavs fans are such flaky fans. Biggest band wagoners ever.

monosylab1k
04-30-2007, 05:08 PM
Mavs fans are such flaky fans. Biggest band wagoners ever.

you're a fucking idiot. go back to your pistons forum and get the tears ready for when chicago ends your shit.

leemajors
04-30-2007, 05:09 PM
the word traitor being bandied about is hilarious.

mardigan
04-30-2007, 05:14 PM
hes right.
How come a fan calling out a player who is playing like utter shit makes him a traitor. I used to hate Tony Parker, and would constantly hope the Spurs would bring somebody else in. Then he started playing great, and I had to shut the fuck up. If a player isnt performing up to par, I think a fan has every reason to want to call that said player out. Dirk has been playing like shit, and he is the MVP this year. If you really are going to lower your expectations
just because you like the player, you should expect the same reaction the other way. All I know is that if Tim was playing this badly against the Nuggs and we were down 3-1, you would see plenty of fans calling him out as well.

lefty
04-30-2007, 05:14 PM
http://img128.imageshack.us/img128/1128/mnnjbjkik0.png

himat
04-30-2007, 05:20 PM

a soft jump shooting pussy = a tough post player who dominates defensively?

This is what I meant by my earlier post. A few weeks ago Mavs fans were saying that Dirk has taken TD's throne as the best PF in the league at the moment. A couple of losses changed your thoughts in a second.

monosylab1k
04-30-2007, 05:22 PM
This is what I meant by my earlier post. A few weeks ago Mavs fans were saying that Dirk has taken TD's throne as the best PF in the league at the moment. A couple of losses changed your thoughts in a second.

and you proved yet again that you're a FUCKING IDIOT. do all Mavs fans have the exact same opinion? fuck off with your stupid bullshit, you've got no clue what the hell is going on so get out of here and like i said, enjoy losing in 6 to chicago.

i've never said Dirk had taken TD's throne. i'd have laughed at any Mavs fan who did say that. And I've been leery of this team's mental toughness and ability in the clutch all season. I thought for sure they had the mental toughness to beat an 8 seed but even then they've proven me wrong.

monosylab1k
04-30-2007, 05:24 PM
its so odd. how is it so easy for a mavs fan (he wishes) to find someone on a spurs board that agrees with his when he says his own player sucks?

dirk has not been the problem, some of the other players are. but i wouldnt say trade them.

so you're pleased with the way dirk is performing this series?

himat
04-30-2007, 05:26 PM
and you proved yet again that you're a FUCKING IDIOT. do all Mavs fans have the exact same opinion? fuck off with your stupid bullshit, you've got no clue what the hell is going on so get out of here and like i said, enjoy losing in 6 to chicago.

Uhh yes most of them do have the same arrogant opinions. You have no idea what you are saying. You can't just trade for whoever you want, and trading your star player is not the way to go. If you had this opinion about Dirk all along why did you keep your mouth shut until now. STFU and watch your team play, the series is not over fool.

monosylab1k
04-30-2007, 05:28 PM
If you had this opinion about Dirk all along why did you keep your mouth shut until now.

I've been critical of Dirk MANY TIMES on this forum, I even started a thread about Dirk admitting to choking in critical situations...again you have NO IDEA WHAT THE FUCK YOU'RE TALKING ABOUT.

and since when did "most" become "all"? fucking idiot. and you're so full of crap if you think that "most" mavs fans like dirk's game more than duncan's.

monosylab1k
04-30-2007, 05:30 PM
so you're pleased with the way dirk is performing this series?

...crickets....mavs4ever proves he has no intelligent opinion about anything...

himat
04-30-2007, 05:32 PM
I've been critical of Dirk MANY TIMES on this forum, I even started a thread about Dirk admitting to choking in critical situations...again you have NO IDEA WHAT THE FUCK YOU'RE TALKING ABOUT.

and since when did "most" become "all"? fucking idiot. and you're so full of crap if you think that "most" mavs fans like dirk's more than duncan's.

No I am not I can show you so many posts of Mavs fans saying that Dirk is outplaying Duncan, and that Duncan is "old". All you can do is cuss out somebody. Get some valid points that you can prove. I have the "I love Dirk" posts ready for you. Again get a grip mavs have not lost 4 yet. You might be sucking Dirk's balls again by next week.

monosylab1k
04-30-2007, 05:32 PM
no. he is not playing up to his normal standards in this series.

but you dont sell him out either when he comes up short. everyone comes up short but you dont sell them out for it.

did the spurs sell out manu for making one of the stupidest plays ever, possibly costing them a title? i dont know, but i know their coach didnt.

now is where you tell me that manu is better than dirk, right?

how about when he comes up short this series, the finals last year, the suns and rockets series the year before, the kings series the year before that?

I didn't sell Dirk out, Dirk sold himself out by playing like shit repeatedly in the playoffs.

and i don't give a crap what the spurs or their fans or their coaches have to say about anybody....i'm concerned with the Mavericks and what the Mavericks need to do to win.

monosylab1k
04-30-2007, 05:35 PM
No I am not I can show you so many posts of Mavs fans saying that Dirk is outplaying Duncan, and that Duncan is "old".

yeah and if any of those are from Dirk Nowitzki, Amarelooms, or mavs4ever then they hold no water whatsoever. i've made plenty of intelligent posts but you didn't bother to look at them so you're completely ignorant here, and when i'm dealing with some ignorant dickhead talking straight out of his ass then i'm not going to deal intelligently with him. i'll save that for real talk with real posters on there.

dknights411
04-30-2007, 05:44 PM
lol, this thread is hilarious!!! :lol :lol :lol

aaronstampler
04-30-2007, 06:42 PM
I just love the irony of a Mavs fan who has the word "Believe" under his icon clearly stating that he has no faith left in his team and its best player.

Typical pants-shitting front-runner Mavs fan. And y'all wonder why we mock you.

anakha
04-30-2007, 06:53 PM
Oh, don't mind me. I'm just here for the free entertainment.

:corn:

After all the trashtalking that's been going on since last year, this is incredibly fun to watch.

Don Quixote
04-30-2007, 06:55 PM
you dont need to give me a lesson on loyalty.

i will be wearing a mavs jersey, and it will be number 41.

That's right. Mavs fans need to have some loyalty. I didn't see them all walking the plank all those many, many, many years they sucked. If those fans from c. 1994 saw this year's team, all 67 wins, they'd be dancing in the streets.

And I wouldn't want all the Mavs Fans to jump ship and become Spurs fans anyway, because (a) that would be no fun, not having Little Brother to tease, and (b) would they be very good Spurs fans anyway?

My brother-in-law, if you all recall ("I Need A Ruling," which turned into a very good thread), switched teams, although (a) the Spurs are still winning and likely to get title #4, (b) he is from S.A., like my sister and all of us, and (c) the Spurs are all good guys, unless he got butt-hurt about Tony not returned his phone calls and what-not. He roots for Phoenix now. I say good riddance.

Phoenix is easy on the eyes, sure, but dumping your team is like dumping your wife for no reason. He says the Spurs are boring. What, is he going to dump my sister for a young brunette when my sister gets old and has had 4 kids?

Don Quixote
04-30-2007, 06:58 PM

a soft jump shooting wuss = a tough post player who dominates defensively?

I'll have to go with Mono on this one. Duncan is a 3 time champ, which is more than we could say for Dirk, KG, Pierce, Nash, or just about anyone else at the moment. Duncan IS the Spurs. They'd trade the Coyote before they traded Duncan.

This is not to say that Dirk and KG are not fine players. I'd love to have either one of them in the Silver & Black.

dg7md
04-30-2007, 07:22 PM
Bitter sweet justice. Remember when Dirk was better than Tim Duncan? Remember MVP-41?

mardigan
04-30-2007, 07:27 PM
I just love the irony of a Mavs fan who has the word "Believe" under his icon clearly stating that he has no faith left in his team and its best player.

You do realize there are a lot of people that have believe under their avatar. Kori has to change them, I dont think they all picked it

ponky
04-30-2007, 07:27 PM
agree with the first, disagree with the second. i'm not sure what all this b.s. talk is comparing dirk to td, it's not like td is having a spectacular post season either despite the two wins. it's no secret that duncan is probably the best low post CENTER in the league right now but that's not dirk's game, stop comparing them.

dg7md
04-30-2007, 07:30 PM
This is so great, Mavs fans gloating since game 7 last year finally getting a rude awakening.

ponky
04-30-2007, 07:30 PM
This is so great, Mavs fans gloating since game 7 last year finally getting a rude awakening.

yes, i can see how giddy you are, enjoy....the warriors will do what the spurs could not.

monosylab1k
04-30-2007, 09:49 PM

first off, believe was on there since i joined ST and I haven't bothered to change it. who gives a flying fuck about that anyways?

second off, i'm not fuckin' jumping ship. but if you're going down with the ship, is it SO FUCKING WRONG to look and say "hey this thing is leaking how do we fix this shit?"

mardigan
04-30-2007, 09:58 PM
first off, believe was on there since i joined ST and I haven't bothered to change it. who gives a flying fuck about that anyways?

second off, i'm not fuckin' jumping ship. but if you're going down with the ship, is it SO FUCKING WRONG to look and say "hey this thing is leaking how do we fix this shit?"
:lol That a boy

ratm1221
05-01-2007, 08:16 AM
Spurs fans don't have any room for making fun of some of the Mav fans that are panicing. Spurs are the worst about "jumping ship" and trading player talk after just about every loss. When the Spurs lose you would think that the world was coming to an end. I don't agree with the Dirk trade talk, but don't sit here and call the kettle black. We had a bad first round. Get over it. I'm going to bookmark this thread just in case the Spurs get eliminated so I can quote some of ya'll talking shit in the Spurs the-world-is-over-lets-trade-the-whole-team thread.

dg7md
05-01-2007, 08:42 AM
yes, i can see how giddy you are, enjoy....the warriors will do what the spurs could not.

Nope, not that, the way these Spurs are playing they could take out anyone. I am just happy at how Mavs fans were gloating nonstop are finally eating some crow. It's almost poetic when it comes to that type of gloating ending in the way it did.

Findog
05-01-2007, 09:14 AM
Spurs fans don't have any room for making fun of some of the Mav fans that are panicing. Spurs are the worst about "jumping ship" and trading player talk after just about every loss. When the Spurs lose you would think that the world was coming to an end. I don't agree with the Dirk trade talk, but don't sit here and call the kettle black. We had a bad first round. Get over it. I'm going to bookmark this thread just in case the Spurs get eliminated so I can quote some of ya'll talking shit in the Spurs the-world-is-over-lets-trade-the-whole-team thread.

Yep, Spurs fans are among the biggest kneejerkers around....any regular season loss is followed by the inevitable "Pop is an idiot," "Trade (insert here: Barry, Finley, Olson, etc)" threads...that said, today is the day to face the gloating and the trashtalking because our "star" pussed out when his team needed him most. I don't want to throw him under the bus and I am extremely grateful for the role he played in turning this franchise around. And this is all the more mystifying after the way he played against San Antonio and Phoenix last year, when he was willing to go to the basket and absorb the contact when his jumper wasn't falling. But I've never seen a guy that is good for 27 and 11 just completely disappear like this. He's been guarded this way before and fought through it. We may be looking at another Nick Anderson shattered psyche on our hands.

I'd rather lose my shit over a regular season loss than watch my team meltdown in the first round after winning 67 games. Spurs fans don't realize how good they have it. Roy Tarpley, 11 wins, the Three J's, and now...THIS. Nobody has the right to tell us how we should react to this...you watch your team do this and see how well you handle it. And even if by some miracle the Mavs put it together and string together 3 in a row to advance, can they guard Yao/T-Mac when they can't guard Biedrins and Davis? Can they guard Duncan/Manu/Parker? Or Amare/Nash?

Detroit last year and now us, as well as Miami and now Golden State, just proves the meaninglessness of the regular season. It should be shortened to 50 games...that's how long it takes to determine who's any good and who's bad. And with such a shorter season it would probably take away the incentive to tank since the playoff picture would take shape around the time that the season is coming to an end.

Mavschick
05-01-2007, 09:33 AM
Nope, not that, the way these Spurs are playing they could take out anyone. I am just happy at how Mavs fans were gloating nonstop are finally eating some crow. It's almost poetic when it comes to that type of gloating ending in the way it did.

I agree. I despise the smug and arrogant Mavs fans who are so quick to denigrate other teams and their fans despite the fact the Mavs have accomplished nothing of significance. SA = 3 Finals appearances = 3 championships. HOU = 2 Finals appearances = 2 championships. DAL = 1 Finals appearance = 0 championships. So the the fans of the least accomplished team in TEX somehow have the nerve to ridicule SA and HOU fans. What bullshit. That's like the janitor working for a company making fun of the CEO of the company. Have your fun, but at the end of the day, you're still the fucking janitor.

tshrop
05-10-2007, 11:15 PM
Coming Soon...WWW.TRADEDIRKFORGARNETT.COM