PDA

View Full Version : What basketball style does Golden State Warriors play?

carib
04-30-2007, 10:13 AM
I for one like their style but at times I am like, why did he take that 3.

Dingle Barry
04-30-2007, 10:18 AM
chunk-chunk-drive-chunk-chunk-drive

Mr. Body
04-30-2007, 10:20 AM
Way too many chucked threes. Won't beat most teams. Match up extremely well against Mavericks, but Utah and Houston should dump them.

nkdlunch
04-30-2007, 10:21 AM
yeah Boozer or Yao would destroy this team in the paint.

And if not, Duncan would.

Cry Havoc
04-30-2007, 10:25 AM
So, provided we get by the Nuggets and Suns and GS handles Dallas, who are we going to be facing in the WCF? Looking ahead, I can see the Rockets beating GS, but I see GS beating Utah, who I have taking down the Rockets in 7. GS wins over Utah in 6, and the Spurs host the Warriors for HCA in the WCF.

ALL speculation of course. I see us moving to the Finals in 6.... to face the Bulls.

DarrinS
04-30-2007, 10:27 AM
I think the technical term is street ball.

Kori Ellis
04-30-2007, 10:27 AM
The style they play is unafraid.

NO LIMIT ARMY COMMANDER
04-30-2007, 10:29 AM
The "Payback's a bitch, by Don Nelson" style.

spursparker9
04-30-2007, 10:34 AM
"run like crazy and shoot like no tomorrow" style

DDS4
04-30-2007, 10:35 AM
"First available."

A lot like the Suns except 3-4 guys on the floor can handle the ball instead of just one in Nash.

They live and die by the three.

mathbzh
04-30-2007, 10:36 AM
Shoot while you can

jmard5
04-30-2007, 10:36 AM
"run like crazy and shoot like no tomorrow" style

that's the Suns.

mathbzh
04-30-2007, 10:38 AM
that's the Suns.
Sunnier than the suns

spurs_fan_in_exile
04-30-2007, 10:38 AM
I think the offensive system they use was first developed by the creators of NBA Jam.

mathbzh
04-30-2007, 10:40 AM
I think the offensive system they use was first developed by the creators of NBA Jam.
No this is the Lakers style "give the ball to Kobe and see what happens".

Texas_Ranger
04-30-2007, 10:43 AM
small ball run & gun. Or Baron Davis - pass - pass back to Baron - pass - pass back to Baron - shot. And that everything hapens in 15 secondes.

gus
04-30-2007, 10:47 AM
OK, they are upsetting Dallas.

But I don't think they are going to get away with a win.
They are too lousy. Mavs should put their act together and
win the remaining 3.

Gus

boutons_
04-30-2007, 10:47 AM
"They(Suns) live and die by the three."

Their 3s are the most memorable, but it was pointed out in a Suns/Lakers playoff game that the Suns are one of the top teams for points in the paint (Amare, Barbosa/Nash layups, Shawn put-backs, etc)

hater
04-30-2007, 10:51 AM
all I know is Dallas plays "girlscout" style

Shank
04-30-2007, 10:57 AM

I've actually seen Baron Davis shoot a flaming basketball at times during the series and heard the PBP guys saying "He's heating up!" and "He's on fire".

carib
04-30-2007, 11:05 AM
Their guards are so physical, their defense are in you face.

They are saying, you have to out run me and out jump me, because I am all up in your kool aid all day long, and if you want to fight lets do it. You have 3 players going after rebounds, in the stands for loose balls and on top of that that same player is the first person down court.

The Rockets can’t keep up with this style, and Yao will need oxygen, the first 8 minutes.

Bruce style of play is what they want, because if Bruce can do it, they are going to say they can do it.

Bring the band aids and the mouthpiece and leave the crying home it’s going to be a battle.

E20
04-30-2007, 11:05 AM
A lucky ass pray that the shot goes in drive it over pussy ass 7 footers style.

carib
04-30-2007, 11:10 AM

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kAzdryfca9Y

hater
04-30-2007, 11:17 AM
Wutang style

jbspurs
04-30-2007, 11:25 AM
OK, they are upsetting Dallas.

But I don't think they are going to get away with a win.
They are too lousy. Mavs should put their act together and
win the remaining 3.

Gus

YEAH THINK? :lol

carib
04-30-2007, 11:27 AM
Dallas thought that soft shit was going to work.

Have Dirk ever played street ball?
If not the street came to you, try it some times.

jbspurs
04-30-2007, 11:28 AM
Fast And Furious Run And Gun Style!

E20
04-30-2007, 11:29 AM
I've actually seen Baron Davis shoot a flaming basketball at times during the series and heard the PBP guys saying "He's heating up!" and "He's on fire".
They say:

That was from way downtown, boom shakalaka. - Marv Albert

spurs_fan_in_exile
04-30-2007, 11:46 AM
Dallas thought that soft shit was going to work.

Have Dirk ever played street ball?
If not the street came to you, try it some times.

If the Warriors eliminate them, AJ will send Dirk to Rucker Park for the summer. I wonder what his street balla name would be?

E20
04-30-2007, 11:47 AM
If the Warriors eliminate them, AJ will send Dirk to Rucker Park for the summer. I wonder what his street balla name would be?
Big Gay German

Dingle Barry
04-30-2007, 11:49 AM
Sour Kraut

ploto
04-30-2007, 11:50 AM
To say they just chunk up shots is not giving them the respect they are due. They also set things up offensively with penetration and ball movement. Their small guys can defend- and rebound- and are athletic- and that is why it works.

For everyone celebrating over the possible impending death of the Mavs- the Spurs would have trouble keeping up with this GS team the way it is playing. The Spurs perimeter players are not athletic, do not rebound well, and a couple could not defend even in their primes. And do not discount the impact of Biedrins when they need a big man. Best of all- GS crushes the spirit of teams. In game 3 they stepped on their throats. No letting the opponent back into the game.

DarrinS
04-30-2007, 12:50 PM
For everyone celebrating over the possible impending death of the Mavs- the Spurs would have trouble keeping up with this GS team the way it is playing. The Spurs perimeter players are not athletic, do not rebound well, and a couple could not defend even in their primes. And do not discount the impact of Biedrins when they need a big man. Best of all- GS crushes the spirit of teams. In game 3 they stepped on their throats. No letting the opponent back into the game.

The Spurs wouldn't play GS the way Dallas is playing them. The Spurs can slow the game down and Timmy is way too good of a low-post player. Spurs would beat them in 5.

bdictjames
04-30-2007, 12:52 PM
Run and actually Get Back on Defense.

WalterBenitez
04-30-2007, 01:05 PM
The style that fit with Mavs

hater
04-30-2007, 01:07 PM

the gimp

jmard5
04-30-2007, 02:01 PM

Spurs have good transition defense, have good defenders and has low post threats.

Spurs can also dictate the tempo.

Edge: Spurs

Obstructed_View
04-30-2007, 02:19 PM
It's called Feast or Famine.

mardigan
04-30-2007, 02:22 PM
To say they just chunk up shots is not giving them the respect they are due. They also set things up offensively with penetration and ball movement. Their small guys can defend- and rebound- and are athletic- and that is why it works.

Youve got to be kidding me. The SPurs would handle them in 5. Unlike the Mavs, the Spurs have a low post threat that the Warriors cant handle

Louie Vega
04-30-2007, 02:26 PM

Nice! LOL!

AnkleBreaker21
04-30-2007, 02:58 PM
balls out, no fear

5ToolMan
04-30-2007, 03:22 PM

You are all wrong. It is "chunk-chunk-drive-dunk-chunk-chunk-drive-dunk." :lol

GINNNNNNNNNNNNOBILI
04-30-2007, 03:22 PM
This team is like the old Suns... except they actually play some sick physical D when they want

Davidicus
04-30-2007, 03:46 PM
This team is like the old Suns... except they actually play some sick physical D when they want

Id call them a slower but stronger suns team with an above-average defense

mathbzh
04-30-2007, 06:14 PM
Some time ago I heard Parker in the "TP show" saying they are faster than the Suns. He said the difference is that the suns try to find a good shoot when the warriors shoot as soon as they can.

ploto
04-30-2007, 06:48 PM
The Spurs wouldn't play GS the way Dallas is playing them. The Spurs can slow the game down and Timmy is way too good of a low-post player. Spurs would beat them in 5.
Sorry, but I am not convinced the Spurs could slow them down if they were playing the way they are now, and Tim has been passive these play-offs. Biedrins is an underrated defender and athletic- don't be fooled because he is a European white guy; he is no stiff.

bdictjames
04-30-2007, 06:58 PM
Spurs probably are the best in taking the game out of fast teams in the league.

They did it against the Suns in 05, and did it in the last games of the regular season against Phoenix and Golden State. Hell they're even doing it right now to Denver.

The reason: Duncan and discipline.

@ploto: Biedrins is gonna be good, Im glad he didnt get traded to Indiana. He's a white dude but he aint soft like Murphy and Dunleavy Jr.

Vinnie_Johnson
04-30-2007, 08:30 PM

:lol Chuck-Chuck-Turnover-Turnover-Drive :lol

1Parker1
04-30-2007, 08:40 PM
They play a fun-carefree style. I haven't seen a basketball team enjoy itself so much. Nothing seem to faze them, they're suprisingly unselfish, and they look like they're just having fun out there kicking the ass of the #1 seed. :lol

wildbill2u
05-01-2007, 12:33 AM
Sure they like to gun it up there and they are good shooters--but they're winning this series by defending like kamakazis on PCP against the Mavs. They are all over them.

Dirk looks like he's got someone inside his jersey all the time.

Who are the the Warriors? They came out to play-eeaa.