PDA

View Full Version : Are the Warriors really dominating the Mavs this thoroughly?

ambchang
04-30-2007, 11:47 AM
Judging from the threads on Spurstalk, I would have thought that Warriors already advanced.
Yes, I am aware that they are up 3-1, yes I am aware that they swept the regular season series, and yes I am aware that the Warriors match up well with the Mavs, BUT
Phoenix was down 1-3 to the Lakers last year, and
THe Lakers matched up well with Phoenix last year.
I would still be shocked if the Warriors could advance to the next round. Afterall, they did win 67 games this season.
So back to the original question, are the Warriors really that thoroughly dominating the Mavs? I only watched Game 2, where the Mavs were being handed calls and, unsurprisingly, won the game.
And why isn't Dirk posting Jackson up? He was doing that to Bowen last year.

ambchang
04-30-2007, 11:50 AM
BTW, I want the Mavs to advance ONLY because I want the Spurs to avenge last year's PO loss. I enjoy watching the Mavs losing, I just want to see the Spurs doing that to them more.

SAtown
04-30-2007, 11:53 AM
If Baron Davis and S Jackson hadn't lost their minds in Game 2, we could have been talking sweep. That game was just as close (if not closer) than game 4, and GS fucked it up all by themselves. If you asked me yesterday or anytime before game 4, I'd have told you that Dallas was still going to win the series. Now, I pretty much believe GS is pulling this out. They have 3 chances to win 1 game against a team that, for the past 7 games, have been dominated by them.

Also, we're celebrating a lot because of all the cockiness and trash coming from the Dallas fans this season. Their elitist attitude was sickening

bdictjames
04-30-2007, 11:55 AM
I would still be shocked if the Warriors could advance to the next round. Afterall, they did win 67 games this season.

Warriors winning 67 games? :wtf

ambchang
04-30-2007, 12:02 PM
Warriors winning 67 games? :wtf
Bad grammar, I meant I would be shocked the Mavs get kicked out in the first round, afterall, they won 67 games. You know what I mean.

ambchang
04-30-2007, 12:02 PM
Also, we're celebrating a lot because of all the cockiness and trash coming from the Dallas fans this season. Their elitist attitude was sickening

Ditto. Like a said, any Mavs lose is good with me, I just want the Spurs to do that instead of the Warriors.

newbiefan
04-30-2007, 12:04 PM
If Baron Davis and S Jackson hadn't lost their minds in Game 2, we could have been talking sweep. That game was just as close (if not closer) than game 4, ""

thought that too..

So back to the original question, are the Warriors really that thoroughly dominating the Mavs? I only watched Game 2, where the Mavs were being handed calls and, unsurprisingly, won the game.

they'be been doing that all series long

SAtown
04-30-2007, 12:13 PM
So back to the original question, are the Warriors really that thoroughly dominating the Mavs?
Game 3 was the only domination game. GS was playing like they were on speed. It seemed like every possession was a fast break, and most times they'd use PHX offensive mindset of scoring in 8 seconds or less. What's surprising is Dallas' inability to close Game 4 out. They'd be up by 6pts or so, GS would be jacking up and missing 3s on (LITERALLY) every freaking possession, and still would find a way to come back and win.

mFFL03
04-30-2007, 12:45 PM
jesus...are you watching these games? whats with all these stupid threads....

it's our old coach, it's a new team (traded midseason), and they mismatch against us...

jesus man... put 1 + 2 + 3 + 4 etc etc together....

Bibby_Gurl
04-30-2007, 01:04 PM
Yes, thoroughly.

lefty
04-30-2007, 01:15 PM
They are dominating, and they have the momentum going on ; now, they have to go for the kill

spurs_fan_in_exile
04-30-2007, 01:30 PM
I think it has a lot to do with how game 4 ended. Most were willing to shrug off the game 3 blowout. GS playoff crowd was insane, Mavs just didn't show up, etc., but most felt that they'd come to play and get the split and be right back to having home court advantage. Last night the Mavs did all the things that the old Mavs used to that cost them playoff games. They settled for jumpers, they let themselves get pushed around, they didn't close out quarters, and they couldn't protect a lead. With the game winding down but still within reach it just looked like the Mavs quit.

For three and a half quarters last night they looked like a team that can win this series. Now they have to string together 12 straight quarters of that. Having watched this series, can you blame anyone for doubting their will or ability to do that?

bdictjames
04-30-2007, 01:31 PM
Bad grammar, I meant I would be shocked the Mavs get kicked out in the first round, afterall, they won 67 games. You know what I mean.
Yeah, I do. I was just playing with you man. :toast

hater
04-30-2007, 01:37 PM

it's our old coach, it's a new team (traded midseason), and they mismatch against us...

still it does not add up. Either Mavs are cursed because of Cuban making deals with the devil, or they have no balls whatsoever, or both.

I could not beleive what I was seeing when GS beat them last night. after they lead throughout the game. I had to watch 4th quarter twice to beleive it. it does not add up to me how GS is dominating. and game 1 was domination, game 2 was ref domination, game 3 was domination, game 4 they were just toying with them it seemed.

ambchang
04-30-2007, 02:02 PM

Even though your favourite team is being absolutely embarrassed on National TV, there is no need to be blasphemous.
And if you would just take your little angry head out of your big angry ass, and use your ugly angry eyes to read my post, you would have been able to answer your own stupid angry question.

I only watched Game 2, where the Mavs were being handed calls and, unsurprisingly, won the game.
So if it's just as easy to foresee this as basic arithmatic, why didn't I see you sending out messages of doom before game 1?

DDS4
04-30-2007, 02:11 PM
4th quarter of game 4 was surprising.

Mavs made playoff n00b mistakes left and right. Deer in headlights even.

Not a good sign even if the Mavs somehow advance past the W's.

dbreiden83080
04-30-2007, 02:38 PM
BTW, I want the Mavs to advance ONLY because I want the Spurs to avenge last year's PO loss. I enjoy watching the Mavs losing, I just want to see the Spurs doing that to them more.

I don't want them advancing at all because IMO they can beat us in a 7 game series. This is a unique situation with the Warriors in that they have specific problems with them they have yet to solve. It looks like GS is going to pull this thing out (knock on wood), and i am all for that. I see a tough series with the Suns but the Spurs will get through it and probably have to play the Pistons again in the finals.