PDA

View Full Version : Dirk Nowitzki, Team Leader

SRJ
04-30-2007, 11:56 AM
I'm a fan of Dirk Nowitzki, and while he's not playing especially well, it's hard to lay all of this Golden State situation at his feet. The Maverick defense still hasn't adjusted to Golden State - it's likely that they won't.

What bothers me about Dirk is some of the things he says publicly. While I appreciate his honesty, he is excessively negative/pessimistic.

I paraphrase:

- In the 2005 playoffs, Erick Dampier was getting abused by Yao Ming in the first round and Amare Stoudemire in the second. After one of the losses to Phoenix, Dirk hammered Dampier in the press. Not exactly inspirational.

- In a recent interview, Dirk admitted that close fourth quarters of big games make him a little nervous. He also believed that most players felt that way - well, it's probably all true, but who needs to know you get nervous in those situations? All you're doing is letting people into your psche.

- Dirk said that if the Mavericks lost game four and went down 3-1, the series was pretty much over. What kind of talk is that? Where's the fight?

I'll take Dirk on my team anytime - just leave the leadership to somebody else.

monosylab1k
04-30-2007, 11:58 AM
This is why it is time to DUMP DIRK! Kevin Garnett will rejuvenate his career and be the on-court general we all wanted. He also won't let faggots like Matt Barnes punk us!

DUMP DIRK!

TIME FOR GARNETT!

Chris Childs
04-30-2007, 12:00 PM
http://members.shaw.ca/footwearscience/large_drunk_dirk_nash1.JPG

NUFF SAID

DallasFan
04-30-2007, 12:10 PM
This is why it is time to DUMP DIRK! Kevin Garnett will rejuvenate his career and be the on-court general we all wanted. He also won't let faggots like Matt Barnes punk us!

DUMP DIRK!

TIME FOR GARNETT!

I say we keep Dirk, but Cuban needs to add another star to the team. Garnett AND Dirk would be awesome..kinda like the twin towers the Spurs had in DR and Duncan.

We also need a clutch shooter for the PLAYOFFS!

Bob Lanier
04-30-2007, 12:13 PM
kinda like the twin towers the Spurs had in DR and Duncan.
More like Robinson and Sean Elliott.

monosylab1k
04-30-2007, 12:15 PM
I say we keep Dirk, but Cuban needs to add another star to the team. Garnett AND Dirk would be awesome..kinda like the twin towers the Spurs had in DR and Duncan.

We also need a clutch shooter for the PLAYOFFS!

the problem is that I don't think we can get Garnett unless we DUMP DIRK! anybody would love to have both, but if you can have one or the other, GIVE ME GARNETT!

DUMP DIRK! DUMP DIRK! DUMP DIRK!

Bob Lanier
04-30-2007, 12:18 PM
Kevin Garnett, Team Leader.

http://images.tvnz.co.nz/tvnz_images/sport/basketball/nba/2004_05/garnett_kevin_twolves_d.jpg

Well, his hair trigger temper and extremely uninventive trash talk fits Mavs fans to a T, at least, and judging by his playoff history he should fit right in with the Dallas organization.