PDA

View Full Version : Why tonight is the biggest game of the Spurs postseason

Spurs Dynasty 21
04-30-2007, 02:59 PM
If the Spurs win tonight (which they will by 15+ pts), this series will be over in 5. But more importantly is that the Spurs will be able to REST UP for the Suns in the 2nd rd, who will also be fresh after they finish off the Lakers in 5.

A well rested Spurs squad in necessary when entering a series with a fast paced team like the Suns

GO SPURS GO

degenerate_gambler
04-30-2007, 03:14 PM
i think even bill walton would disagree with the title of this thread.

Cry Havoc
04-30-2007, 03:29 PM
Because a first round game that at most can tie the series is more important than a WCF or Finals game. Uh huh.

nkdlunch
04-30-2007, 03:30 PM
dude stick to the NBA forum. stop jinxing us.

Spurs Dynasty 21
04-30-2007, 03:36 PM
Because a first round game that at most can tie the series is more important than a WCF or Finals game. Uh huh.

:rolleyes

Spurs got to get out of the 1st and 2nd rd before they can sniff the wcf and finals

spursfaninnewmexico
04-30-2007, 03:46 PM
A well rested Spurs squad in necessary when entering a series with a fast paced team like the Suns

Kinda like when we were well rested before game 1 of the first round?

NASHville
04-30-2007, 03:49 PM
The worse thing the Spurs can do is let the Nuggets even up the series. I agree that this is a very important game for the Spurs.

spurs_fan_in_exile
04-30-2007, 03:56 PM
In the playoffs every game is the most important one. If you win game 1 you've got a key psychological edge, if you win game 2 you've either taken a strong lead or taken away home court advantage, if you win game 3....and so on and so on. The biggest game for any team is the one they are playing.

Summers
04-30-2007, 04:04 PM
A few days of rest will only help them with the next game. It's not going to make any difference in the rest of round 2. And Cry Havoc is right: this is round 1... save the hyperbole for the finals.

MadDog73
04-30-2007, 04:21 PM
Actually, Game 2 was the biggest game of the post-season so far...

Going down 0-2 vs the Nuggets before heading to Denver would have been terrible.

Cry Havoc
04-30-2007, 08:13 PM
:rolleyes

Spurs got to get out of the 1st and 2nd rd before they can sniff the wcf and finals

And we ALL know we can't do that if Denver wins and the series is 2-2 with 2 games left in San Antonio. :rolleyes

Clutch20
04-30-2007, 08:37 PM
Well maybe tonite is like, 'melo-level important' a we must win, or DnoRingski "important game we lose series if we lose this next game" important.

I really don't have a feel for it, all I know is going to bed with a win lets me sleep that much better.

3-1 Spurs is definitely the headline I want to read tomorrow.

easjer
04-30-2007, 08:45 PM
The game you are playing is always the most important. Last game was important to go up instead of down in the series. This game is important to retain the edge and keep from having a six game series. It takes more pressure off the next game.

Since the worst that can happen is that they lose and the series is tied, it is not even the most important game of the series. But naturally, they need to win. As they need to win every game they go into.