PDA

View Full Version : shouldn't the Spurs be the ones to beat the mavs?

nkdlunch
04-30-2007, 04:16 PM
I actually hope mavs come back on GS so we can have a chance to beat them in the WCF(if we make it there).

it would be so much sweeter to have Spurs beat them. but then again, Mavs might give us problems like last year. but it would be another epic battle. with this I officially stop rooting for the Warriors.

ALVAREZ6
04-30-2007, 04:17 PM
nah, fuck that.

GO WARRIORS!!!!

I'd love Golden State if they could knock off the Mavs for us. Our only serious threat after that would be PHoenix. In 7 games, Spurs > PHX>Bulls>Detroit

DarrinS
04-30-2007, 04:18 PM
It would be much sweeter if they got knocked out by the Spurs. The way it's going for them now, I almost feel sorry for them.

Budkin
04-30-2007, 04:19 PM
Revenge would be sweet, but an easier road to the championship would be sweeter.

Kevin Blackistone
04-30-2007, 04:19 PM
If we could be assured of a 100% fairly called series by the refs - then I'd like to see the rematch. The zebras scare the hell out of me about a rematch after last year.

Mr. Body
04-30-2007, 04:22 PM
No way. Go Warriors.

duncan228
04-30-2007, 04:24 PM
I can't worry about revenge. Take the road in front of us. If we get Dallas, fine. If not, better. They have our number like GS has theirs. I want a Championship. I don't want a seven game series with Game 7 on their court.

As stated above, refs are hard to predict and the easier road is better. It's hard enough.

AnkleBreaker21
04-30-2007, 04:26 PM
fuck that go warriors!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Ed Helicopter Jones
04-30-2007, 04:28 PM
Can you imagine how high the Mavs will be flying if they suddenly solve the two-year hex the Warriors have put on them and win 3 straight against this team that has dominated them?

The NBA is 90% mental, and I wouldn't want to face a Mavs team that overcame such obstacles. Two games ago I might have agreed with you but at this point I've got to cheer for the Warriors.

steppy
04-30-2007, 04:29 PM
I had enough stress during game 7 of the finals in '05. Beat their ass GS!

Budkin
04-30-2007, 04:31 PM
I had enough stress during game 7 of the finals in '05. Beat their ass GS!

Holy shit that game was rough until the final minute...

toosmallshoes
They've got Stephen Jackson, so they're practically the Spurs anyway...right?? I called this two months ago, and I'm loving every second of it.

ALVAREZ6
If the Spurs-Mavs series were guaranteed win for the Spurs, then of course, that's much more favorable...but it's definitely not guaranteed. Dallas only got better from last year, they are a scary team. They would have nice chances at beating the Spurs, especially with home court advantage. They just don't match up too well with the Warriors, they've had trouble beating them for a while.

Cry Havoc
04-30-2007, 04:36 PM
As long as I see a trophy in Duncan's hands at the end of the year, everything else is seriously inconsequential gravy.

jn77
04-30-2007, 04:37 PM
I would like to see the Spurs beat Dallas, but there is some satisfaction watching them get beat down by by GS. The looks on Cyban and Dirk's faces are priceless! Go Warriors!

Sense
04-30-2007, 04:39 PM
Why do I feel like the Maverick Fan population in Spurstalk has died.

GrandeDavid
04-30-2007, 06:02 PM
I want the Spurs to face the weakest competition possible in route to their 4th championship, knowing that the "weak" competition will not actually be that weak. So go Warriors!

E20
04-30-2007, 06:03 PM
Well, the Spurs would get another asterik for this title. It would read: Played the Warriors to get to the finals.

td4mvp21
04-30-2007, 06:06 PM
I don't care, if the Warriors somehow win this thing, then they were the better team. So, we'd be facing the best team possible, if we even make it to the WCF's.

Louie Vega
04-30-2007, 06:39 PM
Shit!! It ain't the Spurs fault that the Mavs drew the Warriors!!! Go Warriors!!!

RealEstateDude
04-30-2007, 06:41 PM
I would luv me sum pay back but let em die 1000 deaths now..

FromWayDowntown
Color me crazy, but I'm still worried about whether the Spurs will beat the Nuggets.

J21
They dont deserve to play in the western conference finals if they cant even beat an 8 seed team after the season they had

DDUBB1770
04-30-2007, 06:42 PM
As much as I would love revenge for last year, if we beat them in the WCF you could argue that they had a successful season, but if they are the first
1 seed to lose in a seven game series to an 8 that would be a collapse of epic proportions especially after blowing the 2-0 lead the year before and this entire season would be considered a waste. Therefore my absolute hatred for the mavericks organization rules over my need for revenge! Go Warriors!!!

sa_butta
04-30-2007, 06:44 PM
If the Mavs cant beat the Warriors, then they dont deserve to play the Spurs. I dont care how the Spurs win the championship, just as long as we are hoisting up that trophy after the finals.

bdictjames
04-30-2007, 06:47 PM
No.

BruceBowenFan
04-30-2007, 07:50 PM
let's go warriors

Kori Ellis
04-30-2007, 07:57 PM
Color me crazy, but I'm still worried about whether the Spurs will beat the Nuggets.

:lol Me too.

And I want the Warriors to beat the Mavs. It will be one of the biggest upsets in a long, long time. The Warriors have Jack, two Bruins and an Ellis, so I like them anyway.

Prior to the series, I kept thinking the Mavs would win in six (or even five). I thought there was no way that a team as good as the Mavs could get beat in a seven game series by the Warriors. But zero fear and a lot of Baron has them in a very good position.

ATXSPUR
04-30-2007, 07:58 PM
I said it last night and I will say it again.

mavs humilliated > rematch

GrandeDavid
04-30-2007, 07:59 PM
Well, the Spurs would get another asterisk for this title. It would read: Played the Warriors to get to the finals.

No asterisks, except for on the Mavs' season - "Won 67 games somehow, but revealed true playoff colors by flaming out against Golden State".

Seriously, the Mavs ain't done yet. In fact, I think they'll come back and win the series against Golden State. But there are no asterisks ever.

Horry For 3!
04-30-2007, 08:12 PM
Doesn't matter, whatever way they go out.

LakerLanny
04-30-2007, 08:27 PM
Go Warriors, their fans in Game 3 were by far the loudest in the NBA in any arena for the last 2 or 3 playoffs in my view. B Diddy is ballin' and the Warriors are off the hook.

ATXSPUR
04-30-2007, 08:28 PM
Go Warriors, their fans in Game 3 were by far the loudest in the NBA in any arena for the last 2 or 3 playoffs in my view. B Diddy is ballin' and the Warriors are off the hook.

No detroit in the 05 finals has that honor.

longrod
04-30-2007, 08:33 PM
The earlier the Mavs get ousted, the more I'll enjoy it. It is irrelevant who does it.

http://i148.photobucket.com/albums/s2/plta178/Mavs.jpg

spurastic
04-30-2007, 08:33 PM
I think the Mavs and fans were celebrating that they wouldn't have to play both Phoenix and Spurs. (Therefore--be fresher than the one that they did end up playing). Ha, I hope that they get their wish, but end up playing either.

Red Auerbach
04-30-2007, 08:35 PM
Red's with ATXSpurs...mavs humiliation is much, much, much sweeter. And the idea of watching El Cubano squirm and grimace as the 8 seed takes out his 1 seed really makes me want to light up that victory stogie...

easjer
04-30-2007, 08:38 PM
Let's have this conversation a) after the Mavs are actually out at Golden State's hands and/or b) the Spurs have gotten out of this series with 4 wins. We're only halfway there right now. And we've been beaten handily on our own court. No sense in crowing or predicting since we aren't in the clear.

And we've got a tougher Suns team ahead of us if we do win.

I will say only one thing, which is only factual. If we make to WCF and the Mavs don't we've got home court back. That would be nice.

nkdlunch
05-01-2007, 08:54 AM
wow, so fuck the mavs? well Warriors have 2 chances to beat them, today and game 6. if that doesn't happen, if Spurs advance, they would inevitably collide with mavs in WCF.

Spurminator
05-01-2007, 09:13 AM
I've been rooting for the Mavs since the beginning. I'd like for them to pull it off because as a Dallas resident I really enjoy Mavs-vs-Spurs series. But I won't lose a lot of sleep either way, and I don't think the Spurs would have to beat the Mavs in order to validate a 2007 Championship.

ManuTim_best of Fwiendz
05-01-2007, 09:19 AM
My philosophy, if you have the opportunity to maximize your chances in route to your desired goal.

I say, Take it!

The End Result is what is remembered. You can't really pick what happens on the journey. Remember how we treated 2006 in the beginning of the season, we almost expected the Pistons to meet up again. We had it all laid out in my minds.

Eyes on the Prize, and only on the prize. Everything in between is just filler and fridgebuzz.

ManuTim_best of Fwiendz
05-01-2007, 09:23 AM
Let's have this conversation a) after the Mavs are actually out at Golden State's hands and/or b) the Spurs have gotten out of this series with 4 wins. We're only halfway there right now. And we've been beaten handily on our own court. No sense in crowing or predicting since we aren't in the clear.

And we've got a tougher Suns team ahead of us if we do win.

I will say only one thing, which is only factual. If we make to WCF and the Mavs don't we've got home court back. That would be nice.
I'm not worried about Karma, (or eating crow) if I just believe my team can go all the way. I don't think we're counting our chickens before they hatch--or ruling out teams, and assuming wins of other teams--I think we're just enjoying the implications of these first round results, should they likely fall a certain way.

There's no doubt in my mind the second round will take on a whole new attitude. (Should the Spurs advance, and the Mavs get eliminated)