PDA

View Full Version : GS Built for Mavs... or Mavs built for Spurs

rasho8
04-30-2007, 04:23 PM
Some people say that GS was built to beat the Mavs... some dont agree.

I think the Mavs were built to beat the Spurs, and so are having trouble matching up with Phx/GS style teams because they cant impose their will on a game like the Spurs, but can out-gun and our-run the Spurs playing our style.

What does everyone else say?

BruceBowenFan
04-30-2007, 04:24 PM
i believe golden state wasn't built to beat the mavs they are just being out hustled

WalterBenitez
04-30-2007, 04:27 PM
Some people say that GS was built to beat the Mavs... some dont agree.

I think the Mavs were built to beat the Spurs, and so are having trouble matching up with Phx/GS style teams because they cant impose their will on a game like the Spurs, but can out-gun and our-run the Spurs playing our style.

What does everyone else say?

I was thinking in that idea bc AJ knows POP and Nelson knows AJ, not sure but sounds that coaches uses priviliged info against their opponents.

In any case love to see Warriors wining, only ask a another one!
:toast

bdictjames
04-30-2007, 04:31 PM
I really dont know what Dallas' style is. It seems they just keep pace with their opponents style and beat them in their own game.

Avery owns us as Nellie owns Avery.

But Pop < Nellie

Its like the Circle of life. :lol

Budkin
04-30-2007, 04:34 PM
Yesm the Mavs are a horrible match up for us... if they are eliminated it will be huge for the Spurs.

Cry Havoc
04-30-2007, 04:36 PM
Please see the IF IF IF thread for my take on GS - Dallas. =P

Windbush
04-30-2007, 04:38 PM
First of all, Baron Davis is just killing the Mavericks. He's at the top of his game during this series.

Second, I think that GS plays better small ball than Dallas and Dirk doesn't look as confident against a Al Harrington or whoever guards him when he leaves the paint.

coopdogg3
04-30-2007, 06:11 PM
If Dallas is built to beat SA. And GSW are beating Dallas.

Why is SA able to beat GSW? I don't get it.

Cant_Be_Faded
04-30-2007, 06:13 PM
^He is insinuating that its like rock paper scissors

rasho8
04-30-2007, 06:17 PM
If Dallas is built to beat SA. And GSW are beating Dallas.

Why is SA able to beat GSW? I don't get it.

More like, the Spurs have good enough defense to make a team play our way. We take the transition away and force them into a half court set. We are not as atheletic as those run and gun teams but we can stop them with smothering defense. Our defense is better than Dallas.

Dallas cannot really enforce their will the way the Spurs can, but they play our style only faster when they play us. Since they are faster and they can run the halfcourt and we match u poorly with them, they can beat us.

But we saw them get beaten by Phx and GS, teams we beat. Therefore they cannot dominate the game and FORCE the halfcourt game like we can.

If they could, they would be a better team.

Dave McNulla
04-30-2007, 07:10 PM
huh? when did the mavs become a team the spurs can't deal with? it was a bad series last season, the spurs can take the mavs this year.

some of you sound like sissies.