PDA

View Full Version : I have decided...

RuffnReadyOzStyle
04-30-2007, 08:50 PM
...if the Spurs make it to the Finals this year, I am jetting over again, money and jet fuel be damned! :D :D :D

I figure that you only live once, and I have to see the Spurs in the Finals when it happens again, so why not go this year if we are good enough to make it?

Uni finishes on June 2nd, so I can be jettin across the Pacific on the 3rd if we make it all the way. How long do the Finals take? 2 1/2 weeks? On top of that I'd better add a week for possible celebrations... I'm getting excited about this!

GO SPURS GO!!!

ashbeeigh
04-30-2007, 08:58 PM
I think they'll be done close to the last week of June, the 26th, 27th. I wish I could do something like that. I won't even be in town at that time (like in 99, :().

Sounds like a plan though. :D

xcoriate
04-30-2007, 09:03 PM
Dude I was having the same thoughts myself last night...

nacho
04-30-2007, 09:53 PM
Maybe you can squeeze in one more mile to visit me this time. Since I was only 11 blocks away from where you was staying. Will you make any pizzas this time?

RuffnReadyOzStyle
04-30-2007, 11:22 PM
Dammit mouse, I tried to call you a few times! Also, I didn't know you were so close until the end of the holiday.

And the reason I didn't visit was that I was sick as a dog from Monday of the second week - I didn't do shit, sat around my hotel room feeling miserable. I do apologise for not making it to your, but rest assured you'll be the first thing on my list next time. If it is in June, I will definitely see you then.

Sorry again, but it was the illness (which turned out to be severe cedar fever that turned into viral bronchitis - I was coughing up blood for a few days!) that stopped me. Wouldn't have been very nice of me to turn up and cough blood all over you! :lol

Why didn't you come to one of the GTGs?

exstatic
04-30-2007, 11:38 PM
Dammit mouse, I tried to call you a few times! Also, I didn't know you were so close until the end of the holiday.

And the reason I didn't visit was that I was sick as a dog from Monday of the second week - I didn't do shit, sat around my hotel room feeling miserable. I do apologise for not making it to your, but rest assured you'll be the first thing on my list next time. If it is in June, I will definitely see you then.

Sorry again, but it was the illness (which turned out to be severe cedar fever that turned into viral bronchitis - I was coughing up blood for a few days!) that stopped me. Wouldn't have been very nice of me to turn up and cough blood all over you! :lol

Why didn't you come to one of the GTGs?
Mouse is afraid of Greg Moore.

nacho
04-30-2007, 11:45 PM
Mouse is afraid of Greg Moore.

Dude I just called him a wannabe Al Sharpton on KTSA today. I wish that Nappy headed HO would show up at a GTG. I would invite him to walk down the river walk and shoot some homeless people!

RuffnReadyOzStyle
05-01-2007, 12:16 AM
Anyway, next time I'm there, let's line up a guys-only drinkfest and get into some minor trouble! :lol

Hopefully, it's only a month away!

GO SPURS GO!!!

trueD
05-01-2007, 12:37 AM
...to follow Jesus?

trueD
05-01-2007, 12:40 AM
^^sorry, how very troll-like, yuch.

Jesus
05-01-2007, 12:49 AM
I forgive you!

baseline bum
05-01-2007, 01:00 AM
I think I'm coming too if it happens. You only get so many chances to see your team win a title, and I haven't been to a Finals game since '99.

alamo50
05-01-2007, 01:20 AM
...if the Spurs make it to the Finals this year, I am jetting over again, money and jet fuel be damned! :D :D :D

I figure that you only live once, and I have to see the Spurs in the Finals when it happens again, so why not go this year if we are good enough to make it?

Uni finishes on June 2nd, so I can be jettin across the Pacific on the 3rd if we make it all the way. How long do the Finals take? 2 1/2 weeks? On top of that I'd better add a week for possible celebrations... I'm getting excited about this!

GO SPURS GO!!!

You need to get your kangaroo ass down here right now Ruff!
These are the toughest series of them all!

RuffnReadyOzStyle
05-01-2007, 05:46 AM
You need to get your kangaroo ass down here right now Ruff!
These are the toughest series of them all!

If only, mate! Having fun? :D

At the moment, and for about the next month, I'll be elbow deep in human ecology study. All my assessments are due, time to pay the piper.

It finishes 2 June though, just in time for me to hop on a plane for the Finals, should we make it. How I'll get tickets I have no idea, but it has to be done nonetheless.

Then I can finally meet mouse, hit the Riverwalk again (I missed it last time as I was sick), and get out to the Hill Country.

Oh, and win every poker tournament I come near! ;) :lol

timvp
05-01-2007, 05:54 AM
Nice. Beats your 2009 pledge.

:smokin

Slomo
05-01-2007, 07:38 AM
:flipoff

Stop putting ideas in my head!!!

http://www.cikava.com/gallery/albums/Emoticons/not_listening.jpg

angel_luv
05-01-2007, 10:34 AM
Too late Slomo :lol

I say you all come down now ( or is it over?), ya hear? :)

Jimcs50
05-01-2007, 11:07 AM
I think they'll be done close to the last week of June, the 26th, 27th. I wish I could do something like that. I won't even be in town at that time (like in 99, :().

Sounds like a plan though. :D

You mean that they will still be going on on June 23rd???

Crap, I will be in that World Series Poker tourney then...that would suck if I miss their final game, while sitting at the poker table.

:depressed

spurschick
05-01-2007, 06:18 PM
The last game of the finals has to be played by June 21st.

AlamoSpursFan
05-01-2007, 06:29 PM
Anyway, next time I'm there, let's line up a guys-only drinkfest and get into some minor trouble! :lol

Hopefully, it's only a month away!

GO SPURS GO!!!

With all of the hot chicks on this board, you want to have a swinging sausage party?

:lol

I'll be at the Girls-Invited drinkfest, but thanks anyways.

:drunk

jman3000
05-01-2007, 06:38 PM
:lmao

ShoogarBear
05-01-2007, 07:52 PM
I'm trying to clear my schedule to be back in town for the Finals, too, if necessary.

Jimcs50
05-02-2007, 08:18 AM
The last game of the finals has to be played by June 21st.

Really?

That is sweet, if that is true.

In that case, I will be flying high after the 4th championship for my Spurs when they shuffle up and deal the cards on June 23rd and that should bouy my confidence and well being, to the point that I will feel bullet proof at the tables.

tlongII
05-02-2007, 09:42 AM
Really?

That is sweet, if that is true.

In that case, I will be flying high after the 4th championship for my Spurs when they shuffle up and deal the cards on June 23rd and that should bouy my confidence and well being, to the point that I will feel bullet proof at the tables.

Sounds like a prediction to me... :nope

Jimcs50
05-02-2007, 01:28 PM
Sounds like a prediction to me... :nope

Yikes....I take it back...I take it back.......Denver will beat the Spurs.

:)

RuffnReadyOzStyle
05-03-2007, 06:14 AM
With all of the hot chicks on this board, you want to have a swinging sausage party?

:lol

I'll be at the Girls-Invited drinkfest, but thanks anyways.

:drunk

I have met some of the ladies, and they were great company... you're right, lets open it up to everyone and just get crazy together! ;)

Go Spurs Go is all I can say! :lol

Jim - how'd you win your seat? Internet tourney? Congrats, nice one! The homies over there will atest to the fact that I play Holdem... :lmao

Jimcs50
05-03-2007, 01:06 PM
Jim - how'd you win your seat? Internet tourney? Congrats, nice one! The homies over there will atest to the fact that I play Holdem... :lmao

I am not in Main Event, I entered the $1500 Buy In NL Holdem tourny #38 in one of the preliminary 50 tournies. It should be fun. I am going to try to do it every year, and maybe get more guys to go with me in the future.