PDA

View Full Version : Melo losing his street cred...

bigfish22
05-01-2007, 12:43 AM
First the sucker punch and run against the Knicks

Now crying in the locker room like the bitch we know you to be. You haven't even gotten eliminated yet. At least Morrison's season was done!

SequSpur
05-01-2007, 12:47 AM
wtf?

Quiet Strength
05-01-2007, 12:49 AM
Melo has played great.. if I were him I wouldn't put my head down but blah who cares.. go spurs

bigfish22
05-01-2007, 12:49 AM
If you kept it on TNT after the game, they just showed a clip of Melo crying with his head down and some Assistants trying to console him like the season was over.

NO LIMIT ARMY COMMANDER
05-01-2007, 12:51 AM
http://picsorban.com/upload/melo.jpg

http://picsorban.com/upload/melo2.jpg

Damn. The Spurs done ruined him.

SpursDynasty
05-01-2007, 12:51 AM
You can't come into a series against a veteran championship team, not to mention the best defensive team in the league with 2 NBA All-Defensive First Team members, and expect to win the series, especially if you're the 6th seed. That's getting your hopes too high and setting yourself up for disappointment.

Every team has to go through shit years to get to the top. Some teams go through shit years and never make it to the top though.

Budkin
05-01-2007, 12:54 AM
We are to them what the Jazz were to us. Thank God we never had to play the Jazz again.

Cloud786
05-01-2007, 12:54 AM
Not a classy post IMO.

lefty
05-01-2007, 12:55 AM
He had street cred ??? :wtf

Aggie Hoopsfan
05-01-2007, 12:55 AM
Carmelo got Kobeed.

http://www.thesmokinggun.com/graphics/art3/kobeinside.jpg

bigfish22
05-01-2007, 12:56 AM
^Damn you quick. You must have TiVo

Punk Bitch Exhibit A
http://espn-ak.starwave.com/photo/2006/1216/nba_ap_brawl_412.jpg
(Object above may not be actual sucker punch)

01Snake
05-01-2007, 12:57 AM
:lol Kobeed

Slydragon
O man he is gonna go stupid come next game and when he knows they will lose, He is going to Kill Manu kick Rob in the nuts and try to butt rape lil Parker. If i was the Spurs I would have some mace in my socks and my shorts string tied very very tight.

BeerIsGood!
Someone needs to make an "owned" pic out of both of those. He's done, and Iverson looked like he just saw a ghost in the post game interview. After all of the bullshit coming out of Denver after game 1 - I say FUCK YEAH!!

Borosai
05-01-2007, 12:58 AM
Caramelo lost all street cred at MSG.

TDMVPDPOY
Damn. The Spurs done ruined him.

someone needs to photoshopped this sucka, with a spurs PWND tatoo like kenyon martin in 05 hahahha

caŽlo
did mela talk to the reporters already at the presscon? am watching the presscon live and our dsl connection is chappy

bigfish22
Not a classy post IMO.

Go Fuck Yourself San Diego!

You swear like the Nuggets care about class...

slayermin
05-01-2007, 01:00 AM
Melo broke down? Oh shit. I missed it.

debKISS10
05-01-2007, 01:00 AM
If you put your heart and soul and everything else you have into something and lose, you probably couldn't help crying. Give the guy a break, his dream was just broken.

ManuTim_best of Fwiendz
05-01-2007, 01:02 AM
Go Fuck Yourself San Diego!

You swear like the Nuggets care about class...
That's what I was thinking!

Come on, this is the guy who throws sucker punches, and hit Manu in the back of the head Saturday.

Besides, it's about as classy as TNT cutting to Carmello on National T.V. IMO, talk about High Horses.

Nothing wrong with laughing at a man crying about series that isn't over yet.

RogerIsEatingASandwich
Poor Melo, the Spurs have broken their spirits. Series over.

Cherry
Not a classy post IMO.

:tu
a player crying in the locker room is not very funny IMO.

RuffnReadyOzStyle
05-01-2007, 01:03 AM
There's nothing wrong with a man showing emotion. He must be pretty frustrated having given his all and now being down 3-1, but he is up against a 3-time championship team.

However, that being said, Melo should get over it already. He's got a good, young, developing team around him, and a long way to go.

Capt Bringdown
05-01-2007, 01:04 AM
Spurs need to deliver an old-fashioned country blowout in the next game-I want to see more tears. Fantastic stuff.

SpursDynasty
Yup. There will be a day when Lebron, Wade, and Carmelo will be running the league.

Not while Duncan, Nash, and Kobe , the best 3 players in the NBA, are still around though.

jaespur21
did mela talk to the reporters already at the presscon? am watching the presscon live and our dsl connection is chappy
no weve been waitin 4 him to show up and he still hasnt....must be crying still
15 minutes and he still hasnt showed up./.what a punk

debKISS10
05-01-2007, 01:05 AM
good point Ruff, they are very young and have many great years before them

slayermin
05-01-2007, 01:05 AM
Melo is supposed to be at the podium very soon.

bigfish22
05-01-2007, 01:06 AM
Give the guy a break, his dream was just broken.

Please, I didn't see any of the Suns crying last year after game 4 against the Lakers. I believe they went on to finish their dream for one more round!

Even this guy knows there's no crying in BASKETBALL!
http://www.cracked.com/jp/quotesleague.jpg

leemajors
05-01-2007, 01:07 AM
tear gas man, they use that shit on crowds!

ManuTim_best of Fwiendz
05-01-2007, 01:08 AM
I'm reluctant to play the sympathy card. AI's reaction to the loss was much better, and I know this guy expects to try and beat this team as much as Melo while still not getting his hopes up.

Melo's still immature. That's why he was crying like a bitch.

jaespur21
05-01-2007, 01:09 AM
he just showed up......in the meantime im watchin my tivo of raw and in the front row there is a GO SPURS GO sign

01Snake
05-01-2007, 01:11 AM
Melo: "I'm in shock. I don't know what happened." :lol

~Sweetmelody~
05-01-2007, 01:13 AM
There is no shame in crying, especially after a game like this one. Some of you are harsh!

RuffnReadyOzStyle
05-01-2007, 01:13 AM
Melo's still immature. That's why he was crying like a bitch.

I agree that he's immature, but I've also seen mature, grown men "crying like a bitch" when emotionally overwrought. Melo's just seen his dreams crushed before his eyes, and he's only, what, 24, so give him a break. It's a good thing that he cares that much!!!

Can we get over this "men are macho and should never cry" bullshit already? Half of the wars in human history are down to guys not expressing their feelings! Seriously.

Criticise Melo for whatever you like, but cheap shots because he happens to have cried about 6 months work down the toilet and shattered playoff dreams are pretty low.

bigfish22
05-01-2007, 01:14 AM
What happened to the NBA dress code? Melo went with the Eddie Murphy throwback jacket.

http://content.answers.com/main/content/wp/en/5/5c/Eddie_murphy_delirious.JPG

lefty
05-01-2007, 01:14 AM
Crying is ok ; I mean, Melo has worked really hard, he plays to win ; emotions catch up

~Sweetmelody~
05-01-2007, 01:15 AM
I agree that he's immature, but I've also seen mature, grown men "crying like a bitch" when emotionally overwrought. Melo's just seen his dreams crushed before his eyes, and he's only, what, 24, so give him a break. It's a good thing that he cares that much!!!
Can we get over this "men are macho and should never cry" bullshit already? Half of the wars in human history are down to guys not expressing their feelings! Seriously.
Criticise Melo for whatever you like, but cheap shots because he happens to have cried about 6 months work down the toilet and shattered playoff dreams are pretty low.

:clap :clap :clap
GREAT POST!

debKISS10
05-01-2007, 01:16 AM
Thank You "no Limit" For That Picture!

jaespur21
05-01-2007, 01:16 AM

what the hell u talkin about ive only cried when my best friend died

Despot
05-01-2007, 01:17 AM
All I'm gonna say is that I wish more players cared about the game as much as he is showing he does. So, no fault in him crying.

jaespur21
05-01-2007, 01:18 AM
GREAT POST!
says the chick who cries whenever she doesnt have the right dressing for her salad..jk
but yeah girls cry a lot

Aggie Hoopsfan
05-01-2007, 01:18 AM
:tu
a player crying in the locker room is not very funny IMO.

It's not very funny. It's fucking hilarious.

bigfish22
05-01-2007, 01:19 AM
Half of the wars in human history are down to guys not expressing their feelings! Seriously.

Only you and Kellen Winslow equate sports to war. That's not cool. You go tell any of your friends on the front line that and see what reaction you get.

jaespur21
05-01-2007, 01:19 AM
yup

RuffnReadyOzStyle
05-01-2007, 01:21 AM
GREAT POST!

Thank you.

Okay, I'll admit it, I am a man who is in touch with his feelings. Ii also know that I've just been thrown out of the "macho, macho man" club (notice how I just flipped that?), and I don't give a fuck.

If we were all a bit more emotionally honest, and didn't ridicule each other for having feelings, the world would be a MUCH better place.

Melo has been consistently excellent in this series, and he must be shattered. As he siad, he's "in shock". I've been there and it's a horrible feeling.

He's an idiot (the suckerpunch) and a wannabe gangster sometimes, but I'm not gonna bitchslap him for caring deeply about winning.

~Sweetmelody~
05-01-2007, 01:21 AM
says the chick who cries whenever she doesnt have the right dressing for her salad..jk
but yeah girls cry a lot

Oh come on! Come back with a better line! :p:

And trust me.... I NEVER cry for the right dressing.

jaespur21
05-01-2007, 01:25 AM
im in touch with my feelings all week im ben jamming out to Timy dancer by elton john but im still not goin 2 cry 4 nothing...like i said last time i cried my friend died..

RuffnReadyOzStyle
05-01-2007, 01:28 AM
Only you and Kellen Winslow equate sports to war. That's not cool. You go tell any of your friends on the front line that and see what reaction you get.

Just in case you don't get it, that was a throwaway line. :rolleyes

I wasn't equating war to sport, I was talking about men's inability to express their emotion. Specifically, men are trained by little circle jerks like this that they are a pussy if they ever cry, which I think is utter garbage and leads to a great deal of unnecessary conflict. What happens when you don't cry when you feel the need? You bottle it up, and the emotion explodes later on. Crying can be very healing and cathartic if you feel the need to do it.

I'm not American, and thankfully I don't have any friends on the frontline.

Texas_Ranger
05-01-2007, 01:28 AM
I'm so sorry for him. :lol

jaespur21
05-01-2007, 01:30 AM
bein upset and disappointed is OK but cryin wtf

bigfish22
05-01-2007, 01:30 AM
Yo it's not like his season is over. He very well could have 3 more games to play the way both teams are matching up. But to let your emotions get the best of you at this stage of the series, that's like saying I give up already. And quitters are punks in my book. Man up and come stronger in San Antonio.

RuffnReadyOzStyle
05-01-2007, 01:31 AM
Anyway, we won and did it with guts and grind, good ol' SPURS BALL!

Melo, there is always next year, and you get paid $15mil/yr to do what you love, so get it all out and come back and see us next year. ;)

sabar
05-01-2007, 01:34 AM
Crying is NOT okay in this situation, it's being weak when your team still needs you. If you want to cry after you are knocked out, that's fine, but crying when you're still in it?

Attitude of a quitter. Denver is going to get totally blown out next game if he doesn't pull it together and realize they still have a chance. We didn't cry when we went down to Dallas last year, we knew what we had to do and we took it to 7 games.

debKISS10
05-01-2007, 01:35 AM
He shouldn't have cried in PUBLIC now Spurs fans have that for ammo!!! That was where he went wrong!undefined

ManuTim_best of Fwiendz
05-01-2007, 01:39 AM

I have no problem with a man crying. Like other's have said, if he was eliminated fine.

I'm saying, that he looked like a pussy in the context of the situation. He's still in it!

:lol, I'm not going to hold myself above that. There's no doubt in my mind, that when TNT showed him in his locker room being consoled, my dad would have laughed with me, along with a million other dudes watching the game. It's all about when it's appropriate. If I were Horry, I would say "oops, I guess I can't help but feel partly responsible..." stifling my laughter.

ManuTim_best of Fwiendz
05-01-2007, 01:43 AM
All I'm gonna say is that I wish more players cared about the game as much as he is showing he does. So, no fault in him crying.
You don't have to cry to show you care about the game.

Quit excusing this and going "Aww.."

My God, what is happening to the irreverent, insensitive humor. Now's not a time to be sensitive about his "heart" or looking at the bright side.

It's FUNNY! For Christ sake, it's not like we're laughing Melo' because he's crying over his mother dying, or even CAT! He's down 3-1, and started crying because he prematurely ejaculated.

How bout' keep yourself out of foul trouble next time to keep the waterworks in check.

RuffnReadyOzStyle
05-01-2007, 01:44 AM
He shouldn't have cried in PUBLIC now Spurs fans have that for ammo!!! That was where he went wrong!undefined

That's true, he should have done it in private.

Hell, why are media even allowed in the dressing rooms straight after games? If I was a player, I'd want somewhere private I could go after the game, at least for the first 15 minutes.

Aren't the conference rooms for the media?

ManuTim_best of Fwiendz
05-01-2007, 01:47 AM
Crying is NOT okay in this situation, it's being weak when your team still needs you. If you want to cry after you are knocked out, that's fine, but crying when you're still in it?

Attitude of a quitter. Denver is going to get totally blown out next game if he doesn't pull it together and realize they still have a chance. We didn't cry when we went down to Dallas last year, we knew what we had to do and we took it to 7 games. I agree it was a sign of weakness, when the series isn't over.
I wouldn' go as far to say he's crying, because he's a quitter. I just think he immaturely set himself up for a big let-down. Mentally, it was weak, and definitely a leader wouldn't show his team he was crying! :lol

Obstructed_View
05-01-2007, 01:49 AM
At least Wade was in pain when he blubbered like a pre-menstrual teenage girl.

RuffnReadyOzStyle
05-01-2007, 01:49 AM
You don't have to cry to show you care about the game.

Quit excusing this and going "Aww.."

My God, what is happening to the irreverent, insensitive humor. Now's not a time to be sensitive about his "heart" or looking at the bright side.

It's FUNNY! For Christ sake, it's not like we're laughing Melo' because he's crying over his mother dying, or even CAT! He's down 3-1, and started crying because he prematurely ejaculated.

How bout' keep yourself out of foul trouble next time, to keep the waterworks in check.

Fair enough, agree to disagree.

He should have done it in private, but either way it's not funny to me. It's ridiculing someone for their emotions, and that is never cool in my book, because we can't always control the way we feel.

If his team wasn't playing mine, I'd feel sorry for the guy. He's been great and he keeps getting pipped at the post because his team isn't good enough.

I didn't say crying was the only way to show you care about something deeply, but some people do show it that way, and Melo is one of them. maybe he's not "mentally tough" enough, but he isn't a pussy because he broke down when he saw his season ending (and don't argue that you believe they can win the next 3, because I know you don't believe that).

RuffnReadyOzStyle
05-01-2007, 01:52 AM
At least Wade was in pain when he blubbered like a pre-menstrual teenage girl.

See, it's comments like that that I'm talking about.

Men must be:
superman tough
emotionless
automaton.

That's what our societies teach us, and I think it's destructive.

Anyway, who cares, have your fun, I certainly am. We won a thriller! :D

sabar
05-01-2007, 01:55 AM
Oh, I don't find crying funny, but it's not like anyone means anything by it when they laugh, give me a break. :lol

I guarantee you every man in this thread has cried when they didn't want to, but I'm sure they don't care if someone calls them out for it, I don't.

traitoravery
05-01-2007, 01:59 AM
Umm....I see no hardcore evidence of him crying. He just has his head down. But If he is........

I Agree.....Haha Owned

RuffnReadyOzStyle
05-01-2007, 02:00 AM
I'm trying to make a broader point about the way society conditions men, but anyway, just forget it. It doesn't matter. We won, and that's all I care about right now.

ManuTim_best of Fwiendz
05-01-2007, 02:01 AM
Fair enough, agree to disagree.

He should have done it in private, but either way it's not funny to me. It's ridiculing someone for their emotions, and that is never cool in my book, because we can't always control the way we feel.

If his team wasn't playing mine, I'd feel sorry for the guy. He's been great and he keeps getting pipped at the post because his team isn't good enough.

I didn't say crying was the only way to show you care about something deeply, but some people do show it that way, and Melo is one of them. maybe he's not "mentally tough" enough, but he isn't a pussy because he broke down when he saw his season ending (and don't argue that you believe they can win the next 3, because I know you don't believe that).
Ok, it's just not your thing.So yeah I'll agree to disagree.

I really think, I like Robert Horry, because he loves the game, loves playing it with a passion to win, but he doesn't cry over basketball games, he's having fun. I think Melo' embarrassed himself. I have no problem with Michael Jordan crying when he wins, and that's also a case of showing emotion and not being afraid to show it. But these players get paid to play a game. And I'm not gonna lend sympathy for Melo, because several teams see their season end, and are ultra-competitive. Melo got unlucky because the TNT camera dude probably showed it, and was laughing.

sabar
05-01-2007, 02:02 AM
I'm trying to make a broader point about the way society conditions men, but anyway, just forget it. It doesn't matter. We won, and that's all I care about right now.That's a whooooole other topic. I enjoy gender studies, but that's for a club/politics post.

ManuTim_best of Fwiendz
05-01-2007, 02:02 AM
I'm trying to make a broader point about the way society conditions men, but anyway, just forget it. It doesn't matter. We won, and that's all I care about right now.
I don't think crying over a basketball game merits any marks against the issue of male expectations.

I think I can laugh at Melo' laughing, without compromising, the fact that I think it's ok to show emotions.

Obstructed_View
05-01-2007, 02:03 AM
Broader points belong in the political forum. The Nuggets and their fans talk a lot of shit. Anyone from Texas that's been to Colorado has to feel a little extra happiness at Denver's continued humiliation.

rayray2k8
05-01-2007, 02:04 AM
He cried????? :lmao

Obstructed_View
I don't think crying over a basketball game merits any marks against the issue of male expectations.

I think I can laugh at Melo' laughing, without compromising, the fact that I think it's ok to show emotions.
Well let's give him the benefit of the doubt. Maybe Saving Private Ryan was on in the locker room.

ManuTim_best of Fwiendz
Oh, I don't find crying funny, but it's not like anyone means anything by it when they laugh, give me a break. :lol

I guarantee you every man in this thread has cried when they didn't want to, but I'm sure they don't care if someone calls them out for it, I don't.
haha, yeah I agree with this man!

It's about not taking yourself too seriously and being able to laugh at yourself or other's without really meaning anything too bad against them. That's why I don't want to be all "sensitive" for the sake of Melo's feelings...

ManuTim_best of Fwiendz
05-01-2007, 02:06 AM
Well let's give him the benefit of the doubt. Maybe Saving Private Ryan was on in the locker room.
:lol It was just a big misunderstanding a la Three's Company.

sabar
05-01-2007, 02:08 AM
No pass for Saving Private Ryan.

RuffnReadyOzStyle
05-01-2007, 02:08 AM
Ok, it's just not your thing.So yeah I'll agree to disagree.

I really think, I like Robert Horry, because he loves the game, loves playing it with a passion to win, but he doesn't cry over basketball games, he's having fun. I think Melo' embarrassed himself. I have no problem with Michael Jordan crying when he wins, and that's also a case of showing emotion and not being afraid to show it. But these players get paid to play a game. And I'm not gonna lend sympathy for Melo, because several teams see their season end, and are ultra-competitive. Melo got unlucky because the TNT camera dude probably showed it, and was laughing.

Yes, let's agree that his public display was "unprofessional" because the series isn't over yet. That I can accept. You are right, today was the wrong day for Melo to break down, but he knows his season is over, and that's why it happened today.

And it's a double standard to say that it's okay for Michael to cry, "not being afraid to show it" when he wins, while Melo's not allowed to when he loses. Yet another case of "winners do what they like". Positive vs negative tears.

Anyhow, I'm going for a ride, later all.

Luv,

Ruff :D

RuffnReadyOzStyle
05-01-2007, 02:10 AM
Broader points belong in the political forum. The Nuggets and their fans talk a lot of shit. Anyone from Texas that's been to Colorado has to feel a little extra happiness at Denver's continued humiliation.

Now THAT I can definitely agree with! I just wish they were Dallas fans. :lol

I think I'll write to that idiot Kiszla tonight... ;)

bigfish22
05-01-2007, 02:10 AM
Literary theme: FORESHADOWING

http://www.nba.com/media/nuggets/anthony_press_050504_532.jpg
Taken from 2005 Game 5 Press Conference

judaspriestess
05-01-2007, 02:14 AM
O man he is gonna go stupid come next game and when he knows they will lose, He is going to Kill Manu kick Rob in the nuts and try to butt rape lil Parker. If i was the Spurs I would have some mace in my socks and my shorts string tied very very tight.

your not a radio station producer are you?

bigfish22
05-01-2007, 02:18 AM
Might I also remind those with short attention spans, that this is the same guy who did this:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wVdf9flv3sE

Budkin
05-01-2007, 02:36 AM
Might I also remind those with short attention spans, that this is the same guy who did this:

Exactly. Fuck Melo and the rest of the Thuggets.

ManuTim_best of Fwiendz
05-01-2007, 02:37 AM

ermm...yeahhh...

really, makes it hard for me to give this guy any sympathy. :lol

siopaoboi
05-01-2007, 02:40 AM
congrats congrats congrats. i left town when it was 1-1 ...now its 3-1 yikes!

seems that this series is way too easy for you guys. congrats

bigfish22
05-01-2007, 02:47 AM
My friend you couldn't be anymore wrong. This series is anything but a walk in the park. Other than the shocking possibility of a 1-8 upset, this has been the best series in the first round, because it is such a great matchup. I wouldn't put it past you guys to see one more game in Denver. But don't get me wrong, dejavu is a good thing this year.

cambrad
05-01-2007, 02:48 AM
Someone in the lockerroom threw a sock and it hit Melo in eye. Nothing to see here.

Move along.

cambrad
05-01-2007, 02:48 AM
I think it was Kenyon. He's saying sorry in the 2nd picture.

siopaoboi
05-01-2007, 02:51 AM
My friend you couldn't be anymore wrong. This series is anything but a walk in the park. Other than the shocking possibility of a 1-8 upset, this has been the best series in the first round, because it is such a great matchup. I wouldn't put it past you guys to see one more game in Denver. But don't get me wrong, dejavu is a good thing this year.

whatever man....the fact that its 3-1, it just shows that you guys are beating our asses ....and we cant even get a 2nd win. --- for FOUR STRAIGHT YEARS LOL --- that sucks.

The_Worlds_finest
05-01-2007, 02:54 AM
yeah yeah carmello is crying, big big man pointing that out...its only his third year in hes has many years ahead of him, his performance reminds me of duncans early years

siopaoboi
05-01-2007, 02:55 AM
duncan's early years won a title man. :(

timvp
05-01-2007, 02:57 AM
Carmelo and the rest of the Nuggets played their azz off. Props to them.

Spurs fans are being stupid in this thread. How soon they forget the whole Spurs team breaking down in tears after being eliminated in 1995 by the Rockets. Not every team is lucky enough to have the best player in the game, with an All-Star backcourt and a top five coach of all-time to boot.

Shiii-i-i--yi--iit.

bigfish22
05-01-2007, 03:02 AM
Spurs fans are being stupid in this thread. How soon they forget the whole Spurs team breaking down in tears after being eliminated in 1995 by the Rockets.

How soon you forget nobody's even been eliminated here.

How soon you forget JR Smith's pointless flagrant on Manu this year

How soon you forget Carmelo's ejection from last year

How soon you forget that this is the playoffs, it's all about exposing weaknesses

How soon you forget that this is the enemy here

timvp
05-01-2007, 03:08 AM

How soon you forget the Spurs losing Game 5 in that 1995 series after tying it with two wins on the road and the subsequent crying in the locker room.

How soon you forget Josh Smith's pointless flagrant on Manu this year

How soon you forget player's names.

And? :jack

How soon you forget that this is the playoffs, it's all about exposing weaknesses

11-18?

Doesn't diminish the effort. The Spurs are gracious in victory and defeat. I don't expect the same from fans, but you'd think Spurs fans would respect a guy who is playing as hard as possible.

The_Worlds_finest
05-01-2007, 03:10 AM
im not talking 99 year im talking during the laker dynasty when the spurs were owned by the lakes much like the spurs own the nugs...im not expecting the same out come 4 the nugs over the spurs ever, but give the guy a freaking break atleast he stepped up to bat

siopaoboi
05-01-2007, 03:13 AM
i just hope that the nuggs take all the positives and learn from this playoff experience and put it to use in the future.

ManuTim_best of Fwiendz
05-01-2007, 03:15 AM
Spurs fans are being stupid in this thread. How soon they forget the whole Spurs team breaking down in tears after being eliminated in 1995 by the Rockets.

but give the guy a freaking break atleast he stepped up to bat

Oh boo fucking hoo.
Get off your high horses. it's just fucking basketball. there's no moral dilemma here.

The Red Hood
05-01-2007, 03:22 AM

How soon you forget JR Smith's pointless flagrant on Manu this year

I am not going to say much but KARMA'S A BITCH!

rAm
05-01-2007, 03:25 AM
Timvp speaks the truth

ManuTim_best of Fwiendz
05-01-2007, 03:41 AM
Timvp speaks the truth:lol Says you. No he doesn't. Not for me.
I disagree with him on this one.

None of the posters in this thread laughing at Melo' crying have to apologize for it. And nor are they stupid or hypocritical, as Timvp stated.

Who cares if the Spurs cried after getting losing a game 5 in 95'

I ascribe to Horry's perspective which is the TRUER perspective on the matter. No matter how fucking competitive you are. Ultimately, it's not a big deal. Emotions come and go with the game, but after that, who cares.
Like when he was asked about making shots like this, he said something like, (and I read this off before) "basketball isn't pressure, having a sick child (which he has) and making the best life possible for her is the real pressure and basketball ultimately doesn't matter."

Melo' is an immature prick, so who the fuck cares about his tears over a hard loss.

The_Worlds_finest
05-01-2007, 03:46 AM
as aks wife says when a man cries its due to something beyond his control

sabar
05-01-2007, 03:48 AM
Meh just let people get excited. If spurs fans never get riled up until they win it all, they're gonna have a lot of depressing years.

Who cares about 1995 or anything, seize the moment, there is no karma.

ManuTim_best of Fwiendz
05-01-2007, 03:51 AM
as aks wife says when a man cries its due to something beyond his control
it's ok. I have no problem with men crying. Or emotion getting the best of them.

I just don't like being called stupid indirectly, as if anyone's expected to apologize for laughing at a man crying on camera over a game loss.

If anything, i was more amused that TNT cut to it. They were going for this kind of reaction anyway.

The_Worlds_finest
05-01-2007, 03:55 AM
this is not the best first round match up sorry, its third after the warriors at mavs and heat at bulls

The Red Hood
05-01-2007, 04:13 AM
"basketball isn't pressure, having a sick child (which he has) and making the best life possible for her is the real pressure and basketball ultimately doesn't matter."

Horry has a sick child? what does she have?

WalterBenitez
05-01-2007, 07:33 AM
First the sucker punch and run against the Knicks

Now crying in the locker room like the bitch we know you to be. You haven't even gotten eliminated yet. At least Morrison's season was done!

Great picture of you!!! and jersey you were wearing
:toast

WalterBenitez
05-01-2007, 07:36 AM

You are so cruel, headache is terrible!!!, it is obvious this player need an aspirine!
:depressed

boutons_
05-01-2007, 07:52 AM
"what does she have?"

IIRC, she's severely disabled, congenital.

ElNono
05-01-2007, 07:57 AM
Talk about a quitter. They're not even eliminated yet! Whats he gonna do when we ream his ass wednesday and send him packing? Pull out a gun and shoot himself?
Man up, bitch.

nkdlunch
05-01-2007, 08:57 AM
Carmela had street cred?

Loose Cannon
05-01-2007, 09:18 AM
What a bunch of pussies

http://img172.imageshack.us/img172/4939/carmelownedqi8.jpg\

planaria
05-01-2007, 09:24 AM
I really appreciate Carmelo passion for the game and it wont make me do it less.

My props to him and Nene for bring everything to these series.

Don Quixote
05-01-2007, 09:57 AM
Fill me in ... what is this "street cred" and why would anyone want it?

Don Quixote
05-01-2007, 09:59 AM
I really appreciate Carmelo passion for the game and it wont make me do it less.

I agree. Perhaps they could lay off the boo-hooing, but at least they care about winning and losing, which is more than I can say for half the players in the L.

T Park
05-01-2007, 10:03 AM
I honestly can't make fun of this, kind of like I couldn't make fun of Derek fisher or Kobe Bryant.

These guys cared hard core about this game, and laid it ALL on the line, and had the game won, and the Spurs still find a way to win.

I've got nothin against Melo.

Props to him and his team for that awesome effort last night :tu

LilMissSPURfect
05-01-2007, 10:06 AM

A little RESPECT wouldn't hurt either......thats all the spurs talked about ..."respecting their opponent" " i heard it outta of nelly and the warriors as well" but the nuggets coach don't seem convinced the SPURS require any ......... ho hmmmmm thats the way the tide turns for some!

DarrinS
05-01-2007, 10:08 AM
I honestly can't make fun of this, kind of like I couldn't make fun of Derek fisher or Kobe Bryant.

These guys cared hard core about this game, and laid it ALL on the line, and had the game won, and the Spurs still find a way to win.

I've got nothin against Melo.

Props to him and his team for that awesome effort last night :tu

I agree. Manu cried after game 7 with Dallas last year. It just shows how much the guys care.

I actually do feel a little bit bad for Melo, AI, and Camby, because the rest of their squad sucks ass.

nkdlunch
05-01-2007, 10:09 AM
melo guaranteed to win this series.

just like he guaranteed to win the past 2 gold medals for USA.

he needs to grow up

planaria
05-01-2007, 10:10 AM
I actually do feel a little bit bad for Melo, AI, and Camby, because the rest of their squad sucks ass.

Change Camby for Nenę if you really know the Denver Nuggets.

Camby is the most overrated DPOY of the recent history and looks like he just care for this kind of awards.

planaria
05-01-2007, 10:11 AM
melo guaranteed to win this series.

just like he guaranteed to win the past 2 gold medals for USA.

he needs to grow up

That is patetic. He never told it. Link, please...

DarrinS
05-01-2007, 10:16 AM
Change Camby for Nenę if you really know the Denver Nuggets.

Camby is the most overrated DPOY of the recent history and looks like he just care for this kind of awards.

Well, I don't know if Camby actually hurts the team, but guys like J.R. Smith DO. Also, that point gaurd, Blake (or whatever his name is), looks like he scared shitless to shoot the ball. We kept calling him 'white chocolate' all night. Also, the Euro with the buzz cut isn't very good either.

nkdlunch
05-01-2007, 10:25 AM

this was posted before series started...

I've just heard an interview where Carmelo Anthony said that he's really excited to play the Spurs and beating them, the revenge factor seems to be his motivation after the Spurs won the first round series in 2005.

He said the Nuggets will surprise the entire NBA and that the Nuggets will go deep into the postseason.
What do you guys think about this challenge?

:lmao :lmao

Marcus Bryant
05-01-2007, 10:28 AM
At least he cares, I guess. Then again, watching Kobe's eyes well up was quite enjoyable in '03.

LakerLanny
05-01-2007, 10:28 AM
There's nothing wrong with a man showing emotion.

Yes, he is a regular Rock Hudson.

LakerLanny
05-01-2007, 10:30 AM
At least he cares, I guess. Then again, watching Kobe's eyes well up was quite enjoyable in '03.

Not as enjoyable as having game 1 of that series fixed for your team with a 35-12 FT advantage eh?

Face it, after the threepeat.....the Lakers only chance of winning another title was if David Stern died. He made sure with the Spurs in '03 and then with blatantly fixed the '04 Finals (<<<the week the NBA died) to make all the hicks across the country feel like their scrappy lil' teams had a chance again.

Marcus Bryant
05-01-2007, 10:31 AM
:lol "fixed"?

planaria
05-01-2007, 10:37 AM
this was posted before series started...

:lmao :lmao

Voice of Truth? Nice nickname for Melo. I have no doubt that if he guaranteed a victory against Spurs there is a confiable link. Do the homework.

Strike
05-01-2007, 10:38 AM
Thank you.

I am a man who is in touch with his feelings.

One step closer to the pussyfication of the American male.

MajorMike
05-01-2007, 10:43 AM
I got nuthin to say about him crying, but he showed what a little punk he is by staring down the ref after his 1st charge and then subsequent made jumped. What a little b!tch, and even Sean agreed (of course).

Strike
05-01-2007, 10:45 AM
Not as enjoyable as having game 1 of that series fixed for your team with a 35-12 FT advantage eh?

Don't you just love Lakerfan? When they win it's all about "We're the best we own the league" and when they lose it's all about "the game was fixed we got hosed!
:cry

Why in the hell would Stern NOT want his biggest market team to win? If that was the case then the Bulls wouldn't have won 6 titles in 8 years with the poster boy of the league!!!

Do you also think that Selig keeps screwing the Yankees year after year because he wants "small market" teams to have a chance? I doubt it!

To say the commissioner of a sports league "fixes" games or series to give the more popular teams a raw deal is freaking retarded.

Don Quixote
05-01-2007, 10:49 AM
Yes, he is a regular Rock Hudson.

Best post of the day so far. :toast

Budkin
05-01-2007, 11:15 AM
I can't forgive the fact that Melo is a cheap shot artist punk. Karma is a bitch isn't it? Save some of those tears for Game 5... you're going to need them.

word
05-01-2007, 11:22 AM
If you put your heart and soul and everything else you have into something and lose, you probably couldn't help crying. Give the guy a break, his dream was just broken.

The great ones hate to lose. It's the way they're wired.

VY after getting knocked out of the playoffs by New England.
http://cache.boston.com/bonzai-fba/Globe_Photo/2006/12/31/1167605486_5381.jpg

VY certainly has 'street cred' wouldn't you say ?

boutons_
05-01-2007, 11:32 AM
"blatantly fixed the '04 Finals"

Stern had somebody fall on Karl's knee?

With Karl, the Lakers probably would have won.

nkdlunch
05-01-2007, 11:35 AM
Voice of Truth? Nice nickname for Melo. I have no doubt that if he guaranteed a victory against Spurs there is a confiable link. Do the homework.

Voice of truth is a poster that posted this.
here is the link: http://www.spurstalk.com/forums/showthread.php?t=63985&highlight=Melo+guarantee

just face it, Melo is not the brightest crayon in the box

Bwild
05-01-2007, 11:45 AM
I don't have a problem with anybody making fun of Melo for crying. If it were one of your players I'd probably chuckle too. Doesn't make me think any less of Melo for crying either. Hell, I don't blame him. Melo and the Nuggets played as well as you could possibly expect them to play, got a favorable whistle, had a great home crowd behind them, and still lost.

They're just plain inferior to the Spurs. He knows just like everybody else there is no chance of pulling off the upset here. Even if they some how win game 5 they can't win two in a row. They just lost 3 in a row with 2 of them at home. Last night they put forth a game 7 effort and couldn't pull it off. The series is over.

Congrats guys, good luck against Phoenix. Winner of that series is probably going to be champs. Proceed with making Thugget, Chicken Nugget, and Carmella jokes. I do find some of them funny and Nugget fans have thick skin anyway. It's a requirement in order to go through some of the seasons we've gone through. Maybe next year we can get a better seed and meet up in one of the later rounds.

nkdlunch
05-01-2007, 11:48 AM
is not over yet. don't jinx us

DarrinS
05-01-2007, 11:48 AM
I don't have a problem with anybody making fun of Melo for crying. If it were one of your players I'd probably chuckle too. Doesn't make me think any less of Melo for crying either. Hell, I don't blame him. Melo and the Nuggets played as well as you could possibly expect them to play, got a favorable whistle, had a great home crowd behind them, and still lost.

They're just plain inferior to the Spurs. He knows just like everybody else there is no chance of pulling off the upset here. Even if they some how win game 5 they can't win two in a row. They just lost 3 in a row with 2 of them at home. Last night they put forth a game 7 effort and couldn't pull it off. The series is over.

Congrats guys, good luck against Phoenix. Winner of that series is probably going to be champs. Proceed with making Thugget, Chicken Nuggett, and Carmella jokes. I do find some of them funny and Nuggett fans have thick skin anyway. It's a requirement in order to go through some of the seasons we've gone through. Maybe next year we can get a better seed and meet up in one of the later rounds.

Nuggets just need a better supporting cast. Without contributions from Horry and Finley, the series is easily 3-1 in Nuggets favor.

ehz33satx
05-01-2007, 11:59 AM

Before this series started Carmelo said the McNuggets would shock the world. Said this year is different and that they were going deep into the playoffs. A week or so later, where are they at now? Same as 2005, almost time for summer vacation for your heralded Denver squad!

Cherry
05-01-2007, 12:07 PM

That is just patetic Aggie, Mark Cuban´s face is hilarius.

planaria
05-01-2007, 12:10 PM
Before this series started Carmelo said the McNuggets would shock the world. Said this year is different and that they were going deep into the playoffs. A week or so later, where are they at now? Same as 2005, almost time for summer vacation for your heralded Denver squad!

Thanks God you´re not arrogant...

That said, Melo could has said something to motive his teammates, but I have no doubts that if he had guaranteed a victory with an arrogance like yours, his quote would be the first page of ESPN.com and everybody in the media would be bashing on him like they love to do.

judaspriestess
05-01-2007, 12:29 PM

Its great that the nuggets had all this confidence unfortunately its bad timing. They had their star player suspended for what 15 games early in the season and a midseason trade. Any organization cannot expect the holy grail with all the turmoil in the regular season. Sure Denver started to gel towards the end of the season but it was not enough time. And the proverbial nail in the coffin, IF it ends for Denver is a WEAK bench.

hater
05-01-2007, 12:40 PM
Thanks God you´re not arrogant...

That said, Melo could has said something to motive his teammates, but I have no doubts that if he had guaranteed a victory with an arrogance like yours, his quote would be the first page of ESPN.com and everybody in the media would be bashing on him like they love to do.

Melo has embarrassed himself in the past. this is nothing new, not news anymore. nobody gives a fuck what that fool guarantees anymore.

MadDog73
05-01-2007, 12:41 PM
Congrats guys, good luck against Phoenix. Winner of that series is probably going to be champs. Proceed with making Thugget, Chicken Nugget, and Carmella jokes. I do find some of them funny and Nugget fans have thick skin anyway. It's a requirement in order to go through some of the seasons we've gone through. Maybe next year we can get a better seed and meet up in one of the later rounds.

Props to a good post. Wish more fans were like this, but I guess then the intertubes would get pretty boring!

MadDog73
05-01-2007, 12:47 PM
= He made sure with the Spurs in '03 and then with blatantly fixed the '04 Finals (<<<the week the NBA died)

The NBA is dead? Quick, tell Kobe all his 60 pt games are for naught.

Seriously, I don't know what's worse, people who really believe in Basketball Conspiracies, or people who say they believe in Basketball Conspiracies and still follow the games! LOL

bigfish22
05-01-2007, 01:01 PM
this is not the best first round match up sorry, its third after the warriors at mavs and heat at bulls

I already gave props to the 1-8 series, but how can you in all seriousness justify Heat/Bulls as a more compelling series than Spurs/Nuggets?

In no way have the Heat been able to keep up with the Bulls with all their injuries and their oldness, past 8:30EST. It was a clear sweep. Unlike this series where the point differential for the total of all games (minus the pointless FTs at the end) is less than 10. This is edge of your seat basketball for a ful 48min every night. I dare anyone to make a case for a better series.