PDA

View Full Version : Unbelievable

BeerIsGood!
05-01-2007, 12:48 AM
Denver Nuggets Fans:

The refs were TRYING to give the game to your team in the 1st half. They let your team hammer TD and everyone in black while calling ticky tack fouls on the Spurs. They wanted you to win. THE LEAGUE TRIED TO GIVE IT TO YOU, AND YOU STILL GOT BEAT!!

That was crazy. Talk about fighting it out through adversity and extremely lopsided officiating to take the win on the opponents court in the playoffs. I think this was the statement to the NBA that this Spurs team is ready to contend, because the Nuggets are a very good team who got all of the breaks and still lost. Amazing.

phyzik
05-01-2007, 12:50 AM
I didnt see the 2nd half, the first half was probably about as good as I could hope for as far as us being away.... Second half I just heard on the radio and it didnt seem like we got totally screwed (except for maybe 1 or 2 calls the announcers mentioned).

Denver just lost, thats all that matters....

2005 all over again.

BOOK IT!!

MrChug
05-01-2007, 12:51 AM
I hate to agree with the dude there above us^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

BeerIsGood!
05-01-2007, 12:54 AM
I didnt see the 2nd half, the first half was probably about as good as I could hope for as far as us being away.... Second half I just heard on the radio and it didnt seem like we got totally screwed (except for maybe 1 or 2 calls the announcers mentioned).

Denver just lost, thats all that matters....

2005 all over again.

BOOK IT!!

It wasnt what they called, it was what they didn't call. I sat there and just watched TD on multiple possessions, and I'm surprised the guy can still walk. He was fouled literally every time he got the ball and didn't get ONE call for a long time. It was the worst mugging I've seen in a basketball game without calls in a long time.

slayermin
05-01-2007, 12:54 AM
Eddie couldn't steal it from us because TD wouldn't let him.

Our record when Eddie F. Rush works our playoff games in the TD era is now 6-12.

Bandwagon Bill
05-01-2007, 01:00 AM
When I saw Eddie Fucking Rush was the official pregame I said "Eddie fucking Rush. We're getting raped in this one."

In the first half - we did. I thought it was better called in the 2nd half, especially the 4th.

Obstructed_View
05-01-2007, 01:02 AM
If the refs wanted to steal the game from the Spurs then they wouldn't have called the offensive fouls on 'melo or they would have called Blake's shot a three. They had opportunities, but they just were looking at the wrong things in the first half. If they were trying to teach Duncan a lesson, he stared them down and they blinked. Home teams get calls. Watch your team get them next game as they close this bitch out.

slayermin
05-01-2007, 01:02 AM
When I saw Eddie Fucking Rush was the official pregame I said "Eddie fucking Rush. We're getting raped in this one."

In the first half - we did. I thought it was better called in the 2nd half, especially the 4th.

I agree. But really the Nugz were in control of the game until that wiley old b-ball coach went to the small lineup and got us the lead back.

baseline bum
05-01-2007, 01:05 AM
Eddie couldn't steal it from us because TD wouldn't let him.

Our record when Eddie F. Rush works our playoff games in the TD era is now 6-12.

A least that means he won't be calling tomorrow's Warriors-Mavericks game (Dallas is 8-3 with him in the playoffs since 2001).

RuffnReadyOzStyle
05-01-2007, 01:07 AM
I agree. But really the Nugz were in control of the game until that wiley old b-ball coach went to the small lineup and got us the lead back.

It wasn't smallball, it was ENERGYBALL. The hustle and hustle and hustle and frustrate the bejesus out of the other team.

We had two bigs in - Oberto and Elson (and Vaughn, Barry, Manu) - until Fin came in at about the 9 min mark for Elson.

Same lineup worked well for us in gamess 2 and 3 to start the 4th.

The key to it is the Manu-Oberto psychic understanding.

slayermin
05-01-2007, 01:07 AM
A least that means he won't be calling tomorrow's Warriors-Mavericks game (Dallas is 8-3 with him in the playoffs since 2001).

Fuck yeah.

Also, it was Bill Kennedy that called the shot by Blake a two, not a three.

Great call and we are now 2-0 with Bill Kennedy working our playoff games. Hope the streak continues.

Bandwagon Bill
05-01-2007, 01:10 AM
If the refs wanted to steal the game from the Spurs then they wouldn't have called the offensive fouls on 'melo or they would have called Blake's shot a three. They had opportunities, but they just were looking at the wrong things in the first half. If they were trying to teach Duncan a lesson, he stared them down and they blinked. Home teams get calls. Watch your team get them next game as they close this bitch out.

I don't think the refs were trying to steal the game, but they did let a lot of hammering go on down low against the Spurs while the Spurs were called for very small contact bullshit in the 1st half. To their limited credit they called a better second half. Either way, the Spurs fought through and were in it in the end. The Spurs took that game by force, but if they had lost it would have been due to the Nuggets playing a great game. Iverson was sick, but began pressing in the end and shot his team out of it along with JR Smith.

slayermin
05-01-2007, 01:13 AM
We had two bigs in - Oberto and Elson (and Vaughn, Barry, Manu) - until Fin came in at about the 9 min mark for Elson.

You are wrong. Pop opened the 4th quarter with Oberto, Finley, Barry, Manu, and Jacque.

Obstructed_View
05-01-2007, 01:13 AM
I don't think the refs were trying to steal the game, but they did let a lot of hammering go on down low against the Spurs while the Spurs were called for very small contact bullshit in the 1st half. To their limited credit they called a better second half. Either way, the Spurs fought through and were in it in the end. The Spurs took that game by force, but if they had lost it would have been due to the Nuggets playing a great game. Iverson was sick, but began pressing in the end and shot his team out of it along with JR Smith.
Oh I agree that they were letting body contact go and calling touch fouls on shooters at the other end, but the calls in the second half have me convinced that it wasn't intentional. Timmy has gone through stretches where he gets clobbered without whistles before. The trick is to play through it. That blocking foul Nene was called for at the beginning of the third was clearly an offensive foul, but they gave it to Duncan.

Obstructed_View
05-01-2007, 01:15 AM
You are wrong. Pop opened the 4th quarter with Oberto, Finley, Barry, Manu, and Jacque.
Yep. Smallball is the dagger that softened the Nuggets up for the mace at the end. It had them completely flustered.

slayermin
05-01-2007, 01:17 AM
Yep. Smallball is the dagger that softened the Nuggets up for the mace at the end. It had them completely flustered.

I hate to make a baseball analogy but using the smallball lineup, in short stretches, is like throwing a changeup to a hitter keying on a fastball.

Maybe Karl should watch more film rather than inviting his coaching buddies over for dinner "Being Gregg Popovich." He would know that Pop loves small ball.

baseline bum
05-01-2007, 01:19 AM
All game I was yelling at the TV for Pop to pull Elson. I think he can be valuable to this team later, but he's getting consistently killed in this series. I hate that he didn't show baseline when Finley was trying to push Anthony there on that dunk in the second quarter.

Obstructed_View
05-01-2007, 01:20 AM
I hate to make a baseball analogy but using the smallball lineup, in short stretches, is like throwing a changeup to a hitter keying on a fastball.

Maybe Karl should watch more film rather than inviting his coaching buddies over for dinner "Being Gregg Popovich." He would know that Pop loves small ball.
Absolutely perfect analogy IMO. Duncan did the same thing to Camby with the pump fakes. But a coach might have made adjustments, figuring that Pop was going to run smallball for the remainder of the game. Karl got completely mind raped by Pop.

bigfish22
05-01-2007, 01:22 AM
The Ghost of Crawford Past

Obstructed_View
05-01-2007, 01:22 AM
All game I was yelling at the TV for Pop to pull Elson. I think he can be valuable to this team later, but he's getting consistently killed in this series. I hate that he didn't show baseline when Finley was trying to push Anthony there on that dunk in the second quarter.
Finley wasn't trying to push him baseline, Finley was stepping in to defend Elson's man, which Elson was doing at the same time. Even if it was on Elson, it doesn't negate the good things he did out there. He stunk up the joint in the first two games, but I'm not sure how you guys can pile on him after these last two.

Bandwagon Bill
05-01-2007, 01:23 AM
I thought Elson played a good game considering his limitations against a team this physical. His offensive rebounds in the 1st gave the Spurs some easy points and kept the Nuggets honest. It kept them from leaking out early to try to ignite the break after giving up the O rebounds.

debKISS10
05-01-2007, 01:25 AM
TO THE REFS WHO MESSED WITH TIMMY D-- hey, what goes around comes around. SPURS STILL WON! 4th quarter is the main thing that matters!

slayermin
05-01-2007, 01:26 AM

Oberto just matches up better with Nene. He isn't athletic but he's tough. And he does to Nene basically what Nene does to Tim. He keeps his body on him and doesn't give him any room to operate though he didn't exactly shut him down. Kinda ironic but that's basketball.

Elson will be invaluable against Amare. Pop must have that in his head which is the reason he doesn't want to give up on him or bench him completely like Nazr.

Obstructed_View
05-01-2007, 01:30 AM
Pop's showing some confidence in Elson. Elson's confidence in himself has to be improving as well. That should pay off in spades later on.

baseline bum
05-01-2007, 01:32 AM
The Spurs +/- seemed like it was pretty bad with Francisco on the floor tonight. He had those dunks, but he wasn't boxing out or defending well it seemed like.

Bandwagon Bill
05-01-2007, 01:34 AM
Elson being aggressive is the best thing to see right now as that shows his confidence is rising. He will be needed after this round should the Spurs advance, and I really like the way Pop is coaching this series. He's getting better every game, and if that continues this could be a very nice post season for all of us here.

RashoFan
05-01-2007, 01:35 AM
From my point of view...
The Spurs were not getting calls from the refs when they were getting fouled(and hacked) for MOST of the game BUT The SPURS did manage to keep the game close and did beat the Nuggets in the final stretch. Good effort on the Nuggets part and on The SPURS.

Obstructed_View
05-01-2007, 01:36 AM
The Spurs +/- seemed like it was pretty bad with Francisco on the floor tonight. He had those dunks, but he wasn't boxing out or defending well it seemed like.
It's possible, but I don't look at +/_, I look at his offensive rebounds, his defense, his willingness to take open shots and his decision making rather than just fixating on his mistakes. Oberto has been fantastic, but Elson hasn't remotely been a liability the last two games. He's not a great rebounder, but he was fighting for them. The effort is paying off IMO.