5 rebounds
6 assists
5 steals

thekingrobert
05-01-2007, 01:37 AM
a couple clutch shots and an amazing high shot off the backboard

ManuTim_best of Fwiendz
05-01-2007, 02:32 AM
that backboard shot was great. Plus he had a lot of great steals.

mVp
05-01-2007, 02:33 AM
a couple clutch shots and an amazing high shot off the backboard

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-5N7I1Kn8V0

that was sick!

powerpower
05-01-2007, 04:25 AM
wow

smeagol
05-01-2007, 06:47 AM
He fell in love with the jump shot. 5 - 15 = not good enough.

hitmanyr2k
05-01-2007, 07:07 AM
It wasn't a great game by any means. Ginobili got hot at the right moment to get the Spurs the lead in the 4th but he took way too many jumpers and off-balanced floaters in this game.

Nikos
05-01-2007, 08:40 AM
From an offensive standpoint it wasn't a great game for Manu. That being said his 5 steals were very important, 4 of them came in the first half, where the Spurs needed all those possessions.

In a way he is a dissapointment this series especially when you measure him in comparison to his 2005 performance.

I am starting to think it was a fluke he played so exceedingly well that year. He is bound to have some poor playoff stretches. I really hope Manu can turn it up from here on out, but I am not expecting anything near his 2005 playoffs. It sucks, but as long as the Spurs win it really doesn't matter. The Spurs can still win any series with Manu playing < 2005, because of Duncan, Parker, and vets like Horry and Finley.

I expect Manu to get better on offense however. Because right now he is still playing a lot worse than his regular season (actually everyone but Duncan, Bowen and Horry are).

But wins are wins. The Spurs are doing enough to win and I hope they keep it up. A great offensive explosion from Ginobili couldn't hurt however.

nkdlunch
05-01-2007, 09:00 AM
that breakaway he had and layup off the top of the backboard to avoid a block from behind was the most amazing move I seen all season. Unbeleivable.

I never seen that move before

Alamode
05-01-2007, 09:05 AM
Geez, give Manu a break. 2005 was an extraordinary year and would be impossible to replicate. All the stars were aligned that year. In a perfect world we all want Manu to play like 2005, Tim to play like he did in his best years, and Tony to be consistent in the playoffs. The fact that we are primed to still do well in the playoffs shows the commitment and unselfishness of this team.

It's only been 4 games in the FIRST ROUND. Last year everyone took some time to improve over the long playoff run--remember Sacto? All of this pissing and moaning about 2005--get over it. Our opponents are not the same this time around. Do we all agree that the Nuggets are a much better team this year than most playoff teams in 2005? Perhaps they have figured out how to guard Ginobili more effectively and he will have more offensive success against teams like the Suns.

Statistically, Manu's game wasn't that bad. He did start the run that helped Spurs win the game.

TEAM wins championships and I am impressed every day that Manu agrees to sit on the bench, on the grandest stage, without complaint, for the TEAM success. Most anywhere else he would be the top starter and get a lot more points. So he isn't scoring 25-30 points in the FIRST ROUND. So the hell what? He's still assisting the team and helping others to shine. Cut him some f'n slack. You all can complain later if his offense never improves. Again, it's the 4th game of the FIRST ROUND.
:rolleyes

Borosai
05-01-2007, 09:06 AM
His low shooting percentage and untimely turnovers in the 4th quarter were bad, but overall he had a good effect on the game for the Spurs. I hope he has a huge game in game 5.

ManuTim_best of Fwiendz
05-01-2007, 09:12 AM
Eh, I don't think Manu did bad ..but he just hasn't been on his complete A game. He did however, do good in his all-around game (Key rebounds, unselfish passes, key steals, and clutch free throws). But definitely, his shot selection/offense still leaves a lot to be desired, and we know he's capable of living up to expectations, because this regular season is the best he's had so far in terms of super-Manu performances. I'm not saying I'm expecting a reproduction of the 2005 Manu. I'm actually wanting to see Manu make a 2007 performance of its own merit.

All he needs to do, is get hot, because when he is, no matter the level of the competition. No one can guard him. Tim and Tony's games are expected. But Manu shouldn't be contained like he has been so far!! It's just...not right:lol

Coach K doesn't deserve it! I want ONE great Denver game by Manu.

T Park
05-01-2007, 09:50 AM
played at a game 1 pace, and horrible turnovers in the 4th quarter.

IMO a c+ game.

But he did make the run to get em back in the game and get em the lead so that bumps it up to b-

Ginobili has GOT to be more agressive in going to the dern hole.

DarrinS
05-01-2007, 09:54 AM
He's too in love with his 3-ball right now. I prefer the Manu that attacks the basket with reckless abandon. Good things happen.

wildbill2u
05-01-2007, 10:56 AM
He's too in love with his 3-ball right now. I prefer the Manu that attacks the basket with reckless abandon. Good things happen.
Look at how many players Dener is playing in or around the paint. It looks like a set of bowling pins in the way of Manu's and Tony's driving lanes from the top of the arc.

They are trying to take the lane away from us and force us to win with jump shots. TP and Manu are getting just enough room to get a few drives going (in transition mostly before they get set up) to offset their strategy.

nkdlunch
05-01-2007, 11:38 AM
Denver's whole gameplan when manu is in the game is close down the paint. karl specifically singled out Manu.
Refs are letting people get hit so no fouls will come out of penetrating.

manu had no choice but shoot 3 ball. just like Finley, if you have an open 3, shoot it.