PDA

View Full Version : Melo: I don't know what happened

Amuseddaysleeper
05-01-2007, 01:11 AM
:lmao :lmao

"I am shocked. I don't know when the game changed or how. I still don't know what happened."

Welcome to Spurs Basketball :smokin :smokin :fro

Bandwagon Bill
05-01-2007, 01:14 AM
Your team pressed and you had JR Smith, Steve Blake, and Iverson forcing shots and shooting your team out of it. The Spurs defense stepped up a few levels and Big Shot Rob rammed one up your ass. That's what happened.

SpursDynasty
05-01-2007, 01:14 AM
It's called being overconfident. Usually happens with fluke teams. Robert Horry has shut the door on many teams: Sacramento, Detroit, and Denver now.

AnkleBreaker21
05-01-2007, 01:15 AM
robert horry happened

THE SIXTH MAN
05-01-2007, 01:15 AM
:lol That was classic.

Duncanoypi
05-01-2007, 01:16 AM
"Robert Horry doen't have a watch, he decides what time is it"

Admidave50
05-01-2007, 01:16 AM
watched that, so funny

DannyT
05-01-2007, 01:19 AM
mmmmmmmmmmm mmmmmmmmmm mmmmmmmmmm......its about time big shot makes an HEB commercial

mVp
05-01-2007, 01:21 AM
http://youtube.com/watch?v=6NIPO9ZhvjY

that's what happened lol

TampaDude
05-01-2007, 01:39 AM
The Nuggets were...okay, get ready for it...Horryfied!!! :lol

caŽlo
05-01-2007, 01:45 AM
http://youtube.com/watch?v=6NIPO9ZhvjY

that's what happened lol

OWNED :toast :clap :drunk :king

sabar
05-01-2007, 01:52 AM
That one shot justifies what we pay Horry. :D

caŽlo
05-01-2007, 01:57 AM
"36 year old... robert horry! knockin down the triple!"

and michael finley says.. "you cant put guys on the gym and teach this... its in his DNA!"

NuGGeTs-FaN
05-01-2007, 02:29 AM
The refs happened. No suprise that they start calling it all Spurs in the 4th, but of course noone here would have mentioned that :rolleyes

mardigan
05-01-2007, 02:30 AM
The refs happened. No suprise that they start calling it all Spurs in the 4th, but of course noone here would have mentioned that :rolleyes
:lol

ManuTim_best of Fwiendz
05-01-2007, 02:31 AM
http://picsorban.com/upload/melo2.jpg

MannyIsGod
05-01-2007, 02:37 AM
The refs happened. No suprise that they start calling it all Spurs in the 4th, but of course noone here would have mentioned that :rolleyes:lmao

Give me a fucking break.

mVp
05-01-2007, 02:39 AM

mmmm... did you watch the game? :dramaquee

Budkin
05-01-2007, 02:39 AM

How about Timmy getting hacked all game with no calls? Yeah that was sure in the Spurs favor. The better team won. That's what happened.

Obstructed_View
05-01-2007, 03:08 AM
They wouldn't have mentioned it because it didn't happen. I guess if you're getting touch fouls through the first half that you'd think you were entitled to them the whole game. In addition, you wouldn't think anything of Nene's push off that was called a foul on Oberto or the 24 second violation that wasn't called on Denver with two minutes to go. It certainly has nothing to do with who was the better team.

Despot
05-01-2007, 03:22 AM

Just wanted to keep the streak going...and :lol @ you

did anyone see the replay for the 24 second violation, only saw it once, but it didn't seem close.

Horry For 3!
05-01-2007, 03:22 AM
Weak. Your team got defeated by the better team. Live with it.

The_Worlds_finest
05-01-2007, 03:50 AM
i swear i saw the refs put that mighty shot for the ages in you spurs fans are so blinded to it all you just dont want to admit it

WalterBenitez
05-01-2007, 04:19 AM
:reading are you being reading a comic?

exstatic
05-01-2007, 06:32 AM
You mean they STOPPPED letting Denver mug Duncan to keep the TV audience tuned in past halftime....

Ocotillo
05-01-2007, 07:28 AM

Now it's back to the AT&T Center for some real home cookin'.

SpursWoman
05-01-2007, 07:30 AM
Why do people keep leaving Horry open in crucial moments like that? Have none of them followed the NBA for the last 15 years or so? They deserve to lose just for that. :spin

to21
05-01-2007, 07:43 AM

FTA:
Game 3:
Denver - 30
San Antonio - 14

Game 4:
Denver - 16
San Antonio - 20

You guys are getting hosed!! :rolleyes

ElNono
05-01-2007, 08:00 AM
Pop >>>>>> Karl happened. Who takes the last shot for the Spurs? Big Shot effing Horry. Who takes the last two shots for Denver with the season on the line? JR Smith(?!?!?!) and Blake (doing some kind of 720 spin in mid-air like he thinks he's AI or something). Is that the best Karl can draw off the inbound?

ManuTim_best of Fwiendz
05-01-2007, 08:09 AM
:lol Karl is proving to be rubbish.

Kent_in_Atlanta
05-01-2007, 08:11 AM
Remember back when the Lakers were a great team and the Spurs weren't. There would be so many frustrating games (like the one Denver just experienced) where you felt like the Spurs had the upper hand all night. It felt like a win through 90% of the game... until the Lakers won. LA would just hang around and keep it close until the end of the game, when they would simply stick a dagger in you and walk away. They were a great team, and we weren't.

Now the Spurs are a truly great team, and they're the ones sticking daggers in the opposition. If you're Denver, you feel like your on the verge of a win throughout the night... until you lose.

The Spurs are a championship team, and the Nuggets aren't. That's what happened.

cherylsteele
05-01-2007, 08:21 AM
The Nuggets got alot more calls than the Spurs in gaem 3 and still lost that game too.....don't go blaming the refs because the Nuggets can't play "D" well enough to hold a lead in a playoff game.

Boo-friggin-hoo!!

PM5K
05-01-2007, 08:29 AM
The refs were pretty pathetic all night, but it went both ways...

florige
05-01-2007, 08:30 AM

Man come on man. It was a good game and your guys got frustrated and started forcing shots because they had blown a lead.

spurspf
05-01-2007, 08:39 AM
Remember back when the Lakers were a great team and the Spurs weren't. There would be so many frustrating games (like the one Denver just experienced) where you felt like the Spurs had the upper hand all night. It felt like a win through 90% of the game... until the Lakers won. LA would just hang around and keep it close until the end of the game, when they would simply stick a dagger in you and walk away. They were a great team, and we weren't.

Now the Spurs are a truly great team, and they're the ones sticking daggers in the opposition. If you're Denver, you feel like your on the verge of a win throughout the night... until you lose.

The Spurs are a championship team, and the Nuggets aren't. That's what happened.

I remember those years. Every year it seemed we had the better team but we couldn't get over the hump. And I remember what it took to get over the hump. Tim %&$*% Duncan and a 4-0 sweep of LA.

Aggie Hoopsfan
05-01-2007, 08:45 AM

I guess it was the refs who left Robert Horry wide open :lol

Seriously, if you guys had been playing the early 90s Bulls last night, that would have been the equivalent of leaving Jordan wide open at the end of the game.

Moron :lol

Assman
05-01-2007, 08:55 AM

ttt

101A
05-01-2007, 09:18 AM
I remember those years. Every year it seemed we had the better team but we couldn't get over the hump. And I remember what it took to get over the hump. Tim %&$*% Duncan and a 4-0 sweep of LA.

The hump with the Lakers began in '01; with a complete dismantling of what we thought was a great Spurs team; in '02 the Spurs stole home court in game 2 in LA, after almost winning game 1; only to have the Lakers DOMINATE the rest of the series. In '03 the Spurs got over the hump - Parker & Manu were the big difference.

ducks
05-01-2007, 09:19 AM
what happened karl had no faith in melo and melo did not start the fourth
BAD COACHING on karls part

Lady Marmalade
05-01-2007, 10:07 AM
Melo didn't read his scouting reports...... Or his team didn't read it.... and Robert Horry happened.

SpursFanFirst
05-01-2007, 10:09 AM

:dramaquee

wildbill2u
05-01-2007, 10:18 AM

There is a lot of truth to what you say. I remember one playoff with the Lakers long ago when they got about 25 foul shots in the first half and went way ahead. We were demoralized and even though the refs evened it up somewhat in the second half, we never recovered.

That's experience and the mental toughness that we didn't have at the time to overcome diversity.

Marcus Bryant
05-01-2007, 10:21 AM
The Spurs imposed their will on the game when it was winning time. This is the sign of a championship team. Thank God for Robert Horry. He doesn't allow our lack of quality big men depth to kill us.

LilMissSPURfect
05-01-2007, 10:22 AM
"spurs happened"

http://mud.mm-a7.yimg.com/image/3967698819

Samr
05-01-2007, 10:41 AM
I believe Horry's quote in the Express News today answers Melo's question perfectly:

Guys got frustrated. But tough times are going to happen, and tough people get going.

Bwild
05-01-2007, 12:15 PM
Pop >>>>>> Karl happened. Who takes the last shot for the Spurs? Big Shot effing Horry. Who takes the last two shots for Denver with the season on the line? JR Smith(?!?!?!) and Blake (doing some kind of 720 spin in mid-air like he thinks he's AI or something). Is that the best Karl can draw off the inbound?
Truth.

Although it's nice to have the luxury of Duncan, Parker, & Ginobili on the floor with you at the same time. All 3 demand a double team in this situation and if the plays designed right the man that's forced to double is gaurding Big Shot Rob. With the way Finely's been playing I bet he knocks down that shot too.
I have no idea what JR or Blake were thinking. They had another 20 second time out they should have used in order to try to get the ball into either AI or Melo's hands. Karl probably should have told the this during the time out though.

The refs were pretty pathetic all night, but it went both ways...

Agreed. I don't know how you can complain if the calls went both ways. I thought we probably got a few more calls than the Spurs, but you guys did get the calls in the 4th. Either way the refs didn't decide the outcome.

what happened karl had no faith in melo and melo did not start the fourth
BAD COACHING on karls part

Melo didn't start the 4th because of foul trouble. It had nothing to do with faith in him. 4 fouls all of which were offensive. I really thought 2 of them were questionable. The fourth one really hurt us and changed the momentum at the end of the 3rd quarter. Can't complain though because Nene & Camby really should have been in serious foul trouble in the first half.

I loved the small piece on Horry towards the end. "I really just don't care..." If it weren't for John Elway (denver homer) there wouldn't be a more clutch person than Robert Horry in the galaxy.

bdictjames
05-01-2007, 12:23 PM
This was the same play that the Zen Master used against Portland.

Except that it was Bryant who penetrated, drew the defender, and kicked it out to Rob for the open three in the corner.

Hooray for Pop and Rob!!!

Lady Marmalade
05-01-2007, 12:34 PM

Except that it was Bryant who penetrated, drew the defender, and kicked it out to Rob for the open three in the corner.

Did anyone else notice that when the guys were huttled Robert Horry was looking away towards the court??? I am not sure if it was the entire time but when I looked that was what they showed on TV, and then he did his thing!!!>

hater
05-01-2007, 12:39 PM
Melo, you've just been Spurred

Cry Havoc
05-01-2007, 01:05 PM

Best post of the day. Your post brought back many painful memories... and quite a few good ones as well. :)

SpursDynasty
05-01-2007, 01:08 PM
The Nuggets just came out with a fake confident game. They were making bullshit fluke shots all night.

Overconfident too. When you start this series and you're the Nuggets, you should expect to lose.

Cry Havoc
05-01-2007, 01:18 PM
The Nuggets just came out with a fake confident game. They were making bullshit fluke shots all night.

Overconfident too. When you start this series and you're the Nuggets, you should expect to lose.

AI was horrible in the game. As soon as he started taking jumpers from everywhere, I relaxed a bit. The entire 2nd and 3rd quarter -- while the Nuggets were hot, I noticed how we were getting little easy buckets to keep it close. The Nuggets would make a HUGE dunk for momentum... and we'd make a little layup. They'd drill a three that sent the crowd into a frenzy, we'd get an open jumper.

The fourth quarter was a little tense, but I had faith in this team. When Manu plays like he did last night, we're almost unbeatable. I don't care if he shot 5-15, he was awesome.

Budkin
05-01-2007, 01:50 PM

This is the play I wish we had run at the end of game 7 last year... Horry was wide open when Manu went for that layup.

DDS4
05-01-2007, 04:02 PM

Comical.

You of all people told most Spurs fans to suck it up during the game 4 blog when Tim was getting mugged down low (all game). You were sitting pretty up until the 4th quarter.

Maybe you should stop blaming refs too and see why the Nuggs' sphincters got tight in the 4th.

ShoogarBear
05-01-2007, 04:45 PM
The refs happened. No suprise that they start calling it all Spurs in the 4th, but of course noone here would have mentioned that :rolleyesLMAO. You know your post got quoted by the next eight consecutive posts? That must be some kind of record.

td4mvp21
05-01-2007, 05:21 PM
Of course 'Melo doesn't know what happened, he was probably too jacked up on weed to notice :smokin.

Nice job to the lone Nuggets fan that posted in this thread-you're the only one and your post blames the refs for the loss. Way to be an ignorant bitch!