PDA

View Full Version : Matchups matter in the West...

Obstructed_View
05-01-2007, 01:34 AM
So we've seen so far that the Warriors match up favorably with Dallas. In addition, the Spurs match up really well with Phoenix. It's probably wise to remember that there's a certain team in the west that the Spurs have trouble with.

Should we be rooting for the Rockets? Stranger things are proving possible this year.

Bandwagon Bill
05-01-2007, 01:37 AM
I'm rooting for the Warriors to the Western Finals as the Spurs own every matchup advantage against them. After that, I think it would be the Rockets due to no bench and a reliance on three point shooting (which the Spurs guard very well).

slayermin
05-01-2007, 01:37 AM
Should we be rooting for the Rockets? Stranger things are proving possible this year.

Are you referring to the Jazz? Or do you think the Mavs still have a pulse?

Obstructed_View
05-01-2007, 01:39 AM
Are you referring to the Jazz? Or do you think the Mavs still have a pulse?
Absolutely. The Spurs have trouble with Utah. I'll be glad to see Dallas actually playing inspired enough ball to win the next three, but they don't worry me as far as matchups.

sabar
05-01-2007, 01:40 AM
Suns and Warriors. That'd be 3 run-and-gun teams to the Finals (Denver>Suns>Warriors), which we destroy in match-ups.

Of Utah/Rockets, I'd prefer Houston, they have been really streaky lately.

bigfish22
05-01-2007, 01:41 AM
We have shown in this series that we can totally control tempo, unlike Dallas who is getting totally schooled by a much quicker team. We have shown we can go small ball as evidenced with our early 4qtr run tonight, and that is why Dallas is having so much trouble with a smaller matchup. We can do the same things to Golden State easily and run it up 126-85 or whatever it was a month ago. I say bring on the Warriors, that way we get to see Jessica Alba courtide in Oakland.

Bandwagon Bill
05-01-2007, 01:42 AM
The Nuggets inside presence in Camby and Nene are far more than anything the Suns and Warriors have. That's why they give the Spurs trouble, although the Spurs have nutted up big in the last three games to take control of the series. I wouldn't put the Nuggets in that category with GS and the Suns though

Bandwagon Bill
05-01-2007, 01:44 AM
We have shown in this series that we can totally control tempo, unlike Dallas who is getting totally schooled by a much quicker team. We have shown we can go small ball as evidenced with our early 4qtr run tonight, and that is why Dallas is having so much trouble with a smaller matchup. We can do the same things to Golden State easily and run it up 126-85 or whatever it was a month ago. I say bring on the Warriors, that way we get to see Jessica Alba courtide in Oakland.

The Mavs aren't beating the Warriors because they have absolutely no big man to command the paint and punish the Warriors for playing a 6'8" center and a small PF. In contrast, the Spurs have the best big man to command the paint.

slayermin
05-01-2007, 01:45 AM
Absolutely. The Spurs have trouble with Utah. I'll be glad to see Dallas actually playing inspired enough ball to win the next three, but they don't worry me as far as matchups.

Yeah, I think I want Houston too. The Jazz won't quit with Sloan coaching them. And playing in Salt Lake hasn't been good to us in the past.

Obstructed_View
05-01-2007, 01:45 AM
The Mavs aren't beating the Warriors because their big man isn't commanding the paint and punishing the Warriors for playing a 6'8" center and a small PF. In contrast, the Spurs have the best big man to command the paint.
Fixed.

baseline bum
05-01-2007, 01:49 AM
I don't root for any matchup after '95 happened.

Next Superstar
05-01-2007, 03:44 AM
You dont own every matchup advantage , I think Baron has an advantage over tony parker. Of course I can't remember if they usually have parker guarding him or if its bowen.

timvp
05-01-2007, 03:45 AM
I don't root for any matchup after '95 happened.

:lol

Exactly. Since that time, I've never rooted for or against a team about to play the Spurs.