PDA

View Full Version : the nagging question

The_Worlds_finest
05-01-2007, 02:00 AM
Is this team better then 06 team and the even worst question why?

I saw obviously yes and because they have last year still lingering in their mind AND its most likely Robert Horrys last year which Spurs another thread

Obstructed_View
05-01-2007, 02:18 AM
They never gelled at any point last year, even in the regular season. Their best game was the first of the playoffs and the Nazr three controversy completely disrupted that. Then came the experiment with smallball, throwing a bunch of guys together who had to learn on the fly how to play against some pretty good teams and facing the best team in the west before they had a chance to figure it out.

In addition, they have two centers that are going to see at least situational minutes this season, which gives the team a huge advantage. Add to that Tony has two healthy thighs and Duncan has two healthy feet.

jaespur21
05-01-2007, 02:26 AM
just as good just more mature thanks 2 last year

WalterBenitez
05-01-2007, 04:25 AM
Maturity is one thing they have progressed, sharing the ball is killing them, not to mention they are playing against a better TEAM..

L.I.T
05-01-2007, 04:43 AM
They never gelled at any point last year, even in the regular season. Their best game was the first of the playoffs and the Nazr three controversy completely disrupted that. Then came the experiment with smallball, throwing a bunch of guys together who had to learn on the fly how to play against some pretty good teams and facing the best team in the west before they had a chance to figure it out.

In addition, they have two centers that are going to see at least situational minutes this season, which gives the team a huge advantage. Add to that Tony has two healthy thighs and Duncan has two healthy feet.

Yup, I agree (just trying to get my post count up).

The chemistry this year is better than last year, Popovich also compounded the problem by throwing any old lineup he could think out there (hence the small ball experiment).

This year the construction of the team (old, half-dead...oops...I mean a more flexible center combination), plus the carefully divvied up regular season minutes (a fully rested and healthy Duncan and Horry) all equate to a Spurs team showing signs of peaking at the right time.

I also think you cannot overlook the benefit of Finley being more comfortable in the Spurs system. I remember reading somewhere that Popovich said it takes a year to get comfortable with the Spurs system.

Marcus Bryant
05-01-2007, 10:26 AM
Better overall team health would be the primary difference.

101A
05-01-2007, 12:07 PM
Tony has two healthy thighs.

...and the one's on his OWN legs too!

nkdlunch
05-01-2007, 12:08 PM
Last year they were playing hurt (TD, Manu).

this year they seem healthy(knock on wood)