PDA

View Full Version : I wouldnt talk too soon, if anyone can come back....the Mavs can

lebomb
05-01-2007, 09:30 AM
I just wouldnt talk a whole lotta shmack just yet. Yes the Mavs are down 3-1, but this is a team that can put together multiple wins in a row.

Lets just see how this plays out.

PS. I dont think they can do it, but you never know :(

ManuTim_best of Fwiendz
05-01-2007, 09:34 AM
It's always a possibility....

Golden State seems to have this on mind, though. Their statements seem very focused.

NBA Junkie
05-01-2007, 09:43 AM
Avery believes the Mavs can come back. I'm not so sure about the players.

Cry Havoc
05-01-2007, 10:14 AM
They look beat. They've looked beaten since Game 3, and especially after Stackhouse tried that silly 3 on 1 drive. That deflated them.

Honestly, I don't think it's going to happen for Dallas. They should come charging out of the gate, but if GS takes a commanding lead at any time during the game (8+ points) I think the confidence of the Mavs will be absolutely destroyed. They'll have to stay patient and take good shots (a la the SPURS last night) to pull this off. So far, I've seen less of that and more of the "give me the ball now so I can make a bad shot."

Dallas fans: I'm NOT discrediting your team. I think you definitely have the ability to come back. But from what I've seen you aren't playing Mavericks basketball, and if that continues you have a .5% chance of winning this series. If your guys wise up and play hard, I'll give you a 30-35% chance. But GS looks like they want to knock you off. They're playing you like it's the Finals. If you fail to match that intensity, let us know how the carp are biting.

johnut32
05-01-2007, 11:13 AM
I totally agree with Havoc...tell me this though, how were the carp biting about this time last year?

mffl89
05-01-2007, 11:52 AM
I totally agree with Havoc...tell me this though, how were the carp biting about this time last year?

They were still in the playoffs about this time last year. :rolleyes

Budkin
05-01-2007, 11:53 AM
No doubt they can come back. If the Warriors go cold from the outside they will be in trouble.

Fillmoe
05-01-2007, 12:00 PM
ive never seen so much faith in a choking ass team....... your star player hasn't showed up in a single game and your #2 disappears in the 4th

mFFL03
05-01-2007, 12:04 PM
the warriors just have a bigger heart right now.....they area all possessed animals out there.....the sad thing is they will get tired in round 2 from going 100 mph now....

if the warriors go cold from the outside they will just drive inside and punish/posterize someone....

we don't have this training/endurance....we surivived off a 9-10 man rotation through the season...exactly how we became a 67 win team. If we play this 6 or 7 man rotation with heavy minutes, we are spent....we just didn't have that type of training or practice through the season.

I still don't understand why we HAVE to play at their level to win....you can see it with the games. Diop is in, we do good. Dirk is center, we do horrible.

Dirk hasn't been center all year, he has always had the luxury of getting beat and having help from the weakside come over to block the shot.

Bottom line....Avery getting outcoached. All there is to it.

LEONARD
05-01-2007, 12:13 PM
They look beat. They've looked beaten since Game 3, and especially after Stackhouse tried that silly 3 on 1 drive. That deflated them.

So when they were up by 9? pts in the 4th quarter of game 4 they looked beat??

your #2 disappears in the 4th

That's nothing new...Josh is the quick starter and Dirk, Jet, Stack are the 4th quarter guys. Been that way all season...

johnut32
05-01-2007, 12:31 PM
They were still in the playoffs about this time last year. :rolleyes

Ok, make that a week or two longer...or did you miss the point all together?

Lighten up Francis, I was kidding around with Havoc.

mardigan
05-01-2007, 12:34 PM
Ok, make that a week or two longer...or did you miss the point all together?

Lighten up Francis, I was kidding around with Havoc.
I think he got the point, but there wasnt much of one to be made in the first place. :lol Mav fan still hanging on to last year for dear life. Go Warriors

johnut32
05-01-2007, 12:39 PM
I don't think he did...but I had to respond to Havoc's dig, I know you guys are still sore about last year.

More importantly, I think Havoc is right. The Mavs were punched in the gut early on now they are forcing the issue and finding that plays right into the Warriors defensive strategy.