PDA

View Full Version : Off-Topic/Minor MMA News and Notes

Pages : 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 [11] 12 13 14 15 16

Evan
10-30-2008, 01:19 PM
dbreiden83080 could you copy paste that for me?

dbreiden83080
10-30-2008, 01:34 PM
dbreiden83080 could you copy paste that for me?

It's a video interview from just after UFC 90. He just basically talks about his dissapointment over Cote's loss and injury, says he has not officially signed the bout agreement with Penn yet (Strange) and that he had a new deal with the UFC. He didn't elaborate on it at all though, i was wondering if i missed some sort of announcement about it...

Evan
10-30-2008, 01:42 PM
First I heard of it as well. Really surprised nobody else picked up on it. For sure strange about the fight not being signed…maybe BJ is playing hard ball with Dana behind the scenes for a new contract.

If Affliction had signed GSP it would have been a pretty good blow to the UFC. Instead of giving Tim almost a million perhaps they should have given that t GSP…stupid stupid studpid

dbreiden83080
10-30-2008, 01:53 PM
First I heard of it as well. Really surprised nobody else picked up on it. For sure strange about the fight not being signed…maybe BJ is playing hard ball with Dana behind the scenes for a new contract.

If Affliction had signed GSP it would have been a pretty good blow to the UFC. Instead of giving Tim almost a million perhaps they should have given that t GSP…stupid stupid studpid

The guy who did the interview did a terrible job

GSP says he hasn't signed the bout officially with Penn yet

No follow up question

GSP says he has a new deal

No follow up question

He talked about the fight as if it's happening though. He said he is already training some and looks forward to it. I agree about what you said about Affliction should have given GSP a ton of money but i am sure we agree that GSP leaving the UFC would be a really bad thing for MMA. So many huge fights for him in the UFC...

Evan
10-30-2008, 01:59 PM
.....No follow up question...

Sigh………….

MMA media is so appallingly bad.

Evan
10-30-2008, 03:09 PM
During his time away from the UFC, Couture was focused on making a fight happen with top heavyweight Fedor Emelianenko, and the Affliction promotion seemed to be the place leading the charge to make it happen.

While the current UFC champion maintained a business relationship with the organization promoting the “Xtreme Couture” clothing line, the two never had any negotiations for Couture to compete for them in the ring.

Recently, Affliction co-founder Todd Beard, while appearing on the Scott Ferrall Show, made a bold statement about Couture regarding his match-up against Brock Lesnar in the UFC.

“Randy, if you’re listening right now, I hope (expletive) Lesnar kills you,” Beard stated.

Harsh words from an executive at a company that Couture still deals with and the founder of Xtreme Couture believes it’s gone beyond a normal rivalry between promotions.

“I really don’t understand where Todd Beard’s coming from in his attack to me, my wife, and my attorney, and now the Ferttitas and Lorenzo specifically, and Dana White. I don’t understand it,” stated Couture. “He feels there’s this adversarial relationship created and I just don’t get it. It’s gone beyond kind of the antics of being a promoter, so we’ll see how all that unfolds, and where the relationship stands, and where we end up with that down the road.

“Frankly, it’s a bunch of crap and I don’t need anymore crap in my life, so focus on the positive, which is this fight which is in two weeks and let the rest of that stuff go.”

As far as the Xtreme Couture brand goes, fans will not see the champion don the clothing in the UFC upon his return in November.

“No, as long as they’re in the fight business and not just a t-shirt company then they’re looked at as a competitor, which puts the Xtreme Couture clothing brand that they manufacture in competition with the UFC as well,” he said.

Building for the future with a tremendous gym and clothing line, Couture understands the importance of his brand name, but is also stuck working between the UFC as a fighter and Affliction as a business man.

“Obviously the brand is important to me. I’ve spent going on 12 years developing the reputation and the name of Xtreme Couture and Affliction helped build that, distribute that, manufacture that, and build it into a reputable clothing line,” Couture commented. “The crossover’s where things get a little hazy, so I don’t know what’s going to happen with that.”

Now with Beard coming out with very damaging statements towards Couture, could the future with Affliction be on rocky ground?

“It’s certainly going to be affected. The relationship’s already been affected by Todd Beard’s demeanor and some of the things he’s said, so that’s all up in the air,” Couture said in closing.

http://www.surfingthemag.com/surfing-photo-video/surfing-photo-dept/field-trip-affliction/affliction-clothing-11.jpg

^this is him

polandprzem
10-30-2008, 06:29 PM
^^^^^^

evan I thought it was you :)

----------------------------

http://www.wrestlescoop.com/wallpaper/brock_lesnar_wallpaper.jpg

Evan
10-31-2008, 07:57 AM
HDNet fights not pretending like Fedor DOESNT fight cans...:lol :lol :lol :lol :lol :lol

HDNet Fights - Premiere
Freak Show - Halloween Special - For this HDNet Fights Halloween special, we travel the globe to bring you 90 minutes of mixed martial arts action that you won't be able to turn away from... It's an MMA freak show! See fighters like 7 foot 2, 330 pound Hong Man Choi battle the world's greatest heavyweight, Fedor Emelianenko. Also, a man named "Doomsday" gives nightmares to his opponent. It's a Halloween treat with broken bones, blood and freak endings that you'll have to see to believe

Evan
10-31-2008, 08:02 AM
Horrible Idea, Zuffa....

http://mmajunkie.com/news/13133/the-wec-and-urijah-faber-headed-to-pay-per-view-in-2009.mma

Evan
10-31-2008, 08:10 AM
Funny post on fightlinker

Stuff I hate
October 30, 2008 – 2:15 pm by fightlinker
Gotta get something off my chest since I seem to be in the middle of a serious case of MMA malaise. Surprisingly enough, there’s usually very little that actually bothers me in MMA … I complain a lot, but overall I’m happy with the way things are and the direction the sport is going. But lately there’s been a number of things which are really starting to drive me nuts and get me down. I’m hoping that this post will be a sort of therapy that will let me get a few things off my chest so I can go back to giving a shit about the current trickle of news coming out.

Other promotions - I’m sick and tired of seeing morons run MMA promotions into the goddamn ground. ProElite, Affliction, the AFL, the IFL and on and on and on and on. Statistically speaking, it’s amazing that we’ve had so many piss poor businessmen get into the sport. You can make the argument that the UFC killed all these promotions, but I’m going to disagree with that. These promotions DO IT TO THEMSELVES before the UFC even takes it’s gloves off, and that’s what drives me insane.

Promoting events is not inter-dimensional time traveling. Here’s how it works:

Rent a venue
rent a cage
book some fucking fights
promote the goddamn event
sell tickets to the goddamn event
Make sure that you make more in ticket sales than you spent on the rest of that shit
Rinse and repeat
Congratulations, you’re a successful promoter.
If you can’t fucking do that, then what the fuck are you doing in the sport? Fuck off.

I’m sick of tired of not having anything good to say about anyone other than Strikeforce and the UFC. How am I supposed to get excited about a promotion that projectile vomits millions of dollars worth of losses every time they throw an event? How am I supposed to treat people seriously when they say they want to take on the UFC when they can’t even take on the red ink that is threatening to drown them at any moment? I’ve made a job for myself of pointing out when people are being fucking idiots but I pray to the harsh gods of MMA that one day someone will show up that KNOWS WHAT THEY’RE DOING.

Evan
10-31-2008, 07:22 PM
Dana White on Strikeforce: "These Guys Run A Real Promotion" [Oct 29, 2008]
Randy Harrison

While UFC President Dana White has been exceedingly harsh on EliteXC during the company's short existence and after it's demise earlier this month, it would be wrong to suggest that he is firmly against any and all MMA promotions. He just holds them up to higher standards.

White was asked a question about Strikeforce, whose NBC late-night show drew a record-high of 1.1 million viewers recently, and in the answer he praised the regional promotion for doing things the right way.

"I think that's awesome. I think that's great. Strikeforce is a good show. They've been putting on good fights for a long time. They run a great business. It's good. That's a good thing. It's a positive thing."

"These guys run a real promotion," added White. "They know how to run a promotion. They don't try to tamper with fights. They don't have (expletive) goofballs from backyard barbecues fighting. It's a good thing. I hope they do ten million viewers next week."

"Have you heard me say a bad word about Strikeforce? I wish them all the luck in the world. I have nothing bad to say about guys who are running the right promotion."

Some might be prompted to think that this is merely White enjoying the success of a promotion that is on a smaller level than the UFC and that once they get to being viable competitors with the UFC, the gloves will come off. However, I'm not so sure.

I firmly believe that White's agitation at organizations like EliteXC comes from the years of hard work that he has put in turning the UFC from a nearly-bankrupt, underground entity to a mainstream juggernaut that continues to grow and thrive. He doesn't want to see MMA cast in a negative light, as it was repeatedly by EliteXC in the past few months.

Many feel like White is against MMA and only for the UFC. I would agree to an extent because he would obviously have to be for the UFC because he's in charge of the company. I don't believe that he's completely against MMA though because he's repeatedly shown respect to companies like Strikeforce.

He knows that organizations that run legitimate shows and positive shows for MMA means more new fans that will likely sample the UFC product. White may be fiercely protective of the UFC and of the sport, but he is not a fool. More money for MMA means more money ultimately for the UFC, which I think even White's detractors would have to agree makes smart business sense.

Evan
11-01-2008, 09:37 AM
Middleweight Grand Prix Semifinals
Jorge Santiago def. Siyar Bahadurzada via Submission (Heel Hook) at 1:10 of Round 1
Kazuhiro Nakamura def. Yuki Sasaki via Decision (Unanimous)

Lightweight Grand Prix Semifinals
Kazunori Yokota def. Mizuto Hirota via Decision (Unanimous)
Satoru Kitaoka def. Eiji Mitsuoka via Submission (Heel Hook) at 1:17 of Round 1

MWGP Reserve Bout
Joe Doerkson def. Izuru Takeuchi via TKO (Punches) at 4:13 of Round 3

LWGP Reserve Bout
Jorge Masvidal def. Seung Hwan Bang via Decision (Unanimous)

Antonio Rogerio Nogueira def. Moise Rimbon via Decision (Unanimous)
Muhammed "King Mo" Lawal def. Fabio Silva via TKO (Punches) at 0:40 of Round 3
Sergey Golyaev def. Takanori Gomi via Decision (Split)

I'm sure Sherdog will still hold him as a top fighter in rankings............

BlackSwordsMan
11-01-2008, 10:34 AM
hahah wec at PPV

Evan
11-01-2008, 11:00 AM
hahah wec at PPV

Yeah I don't get it unless they charge $15 or something.

Which means DirecTV will charge $30. :bang

djohn14
11-01-2008, 11:43 AM
Muhammed "King Mo" Lawal..Ive heard good things about this kid. Evan, have you ever seen him fight?

dallaskd
11-01-2008, 11:46 AM
Watch King Mo vs Travis Wiuff. Mo is badass.

dallaskd
11-01-2008, 11:48 AM
wtf gomi....barely top 15.

djohn14
11-01-2008, 11:54 AM
Watch King Mo vs Travis Wiuff. Mo is badass.

Thanks man. I figured he would wrestle him down, but he landed the big superman punch, and was smart. He didnt try to knock him out on his feet, took him down, and finished the job. Me likey!

Evan
11-01-2008, 01:53 PM
Muhammed "King Mo" Lawal..Ive heard good things about this kid. Evan, have you ever seen him fight?

Yeah I have...he has some raw talent and solid NCAA credentials. He would be a legend on TUF but IMO he should stay where he is at and come over here in another few shows. No need to rush....

He has a great persona.

Gomi is and always has been a overrated Japanese creation. PRIDE was trying too hard to build a champion from each country and he was the Japanese figurehead.

Evan
11-02-2008, 01:16 PM
Just finished Randy's book.

Its very clear his new wife is ruining his life.Its bizarre...he even talks about how nobody likes her. Even his ex wife hired a private investigator to check her out.

Evan
11-02-2008, 08:15 PM
affliction is in big trouble...

Sources indicate to Bloody Elbow that the “threat” is a threat of a lawsuit. One of the biggest unreported stories out of the year long Randy Couture saga is Randy Couture’s deposition. Randy’s new contract gives him immunity, but there is supposedly some damning information that came out for other parties. I suspect that we will eventually see the UFC file a suit against Affliction for tampering with Randy Couture’s contract.

djohn14
11-02-2008, 08:33 PM
affliction is in big trouble...

You know, when this whole thing was going on I was thinking "couldnt they just file tampering charges". It happens in the NFL a lot, so I dont see how this could turn out good for Affliction.

Evan
11-02-2008, 09:25 PM
You know, when this whole thing was going on I was thinking "couldnt they just file tampering charges". It happens in the NFL a lot, so I dont see how this could turn out good for Affliction.

Well at least they won't have to give up a draft pick. :lol

djohn14
11-02-2008, 09:41 PM
lol

Evan
11-03-2008, 11:47 AM
yo homeboys and lady...we need your WEC picks.

djohn14
11-03-2008, 09:55 PM
IMO this is some pretty big news...

Bellator Fighting Championships has reportedly secured a television deal with ESPN’s Spanish-speaking channel, ESPN Deportes, to broadcast an MMA program in 2009. The Communications Manager for ESPN Deportes, Santa Brito, confirmed today that the channel was in the early stages of development for MMA programming in 2009.

This news comes via a report at Sherdog this afternoon.

Brito did clear the air that ESPN does not have plans to develop any MMA programming for its English-speaking networks. According to the report, fighters such as Jorge Masvidal as well as Eddie Alvarez have been approached in regards to appearing on what looks to be a reality television show largely focused on Hispanic fighters.

The report also indicates that the program is set to be a 12 week series that will focuse on the 145, 155, 170, and 185 lbs. weight classes. Each weight class will have an eight man tournament and non-tournament bouts will also be broadcast.

desflood
11-04-2008, 01:06 PM
Once again, Karo "Do you know who I am?" Parisyan opens his mouth and... just doesn't know when to close it:

"The deal is I always said I’m an entertainer. I don’t really get into politics. If I gotta go with somebody, it’s Obama. First of all, McCain was against MMA, which is my field, and second of all, the overall outlook for Obama, how composed he is, what kind of proposals he puts on every single thing we think about and we do. Everything he does, bro, it fits me and suits me. I like his tax issues, and I like him recognizing the genocide of Armenians, and I think it’s time for an African-American president. If McCain wins, he’s old, and if he dies, who’s gonna be the president? A woman? The world is already mad at us. They’ll lash out at us even more. "

:lmao

ATRAIN
11-04-2008, 01:30 PM
Once again, Karo "Do you know who I am?" Parisyan opens his mouth and... just doesn't know when to close it:

"The deal is I always said I’m an entertainer. I don’t really get into politics. If I gotta go with somebody, it’s Obama. First of all, McCain was against MMA, which is my field, and second of all, the overall outlook for Obama, how composed he is, what kind of proposals he puts on every single thing we think about and we do. Everything he does, bro, it fits me and suits me. I like his tax issues, and I like him recognizing the genocide of Armenians, and I think it’s time for an African-American president. If McCain wins, he’s old, and if he dies, who’s gonna be the president? A woman? The world is already mad at us. They’ll lash out at us even more. "

I hate Karo more than any MMA fighter out there but that was funny hahaha.

desflood
11-04-2008, 01:40 PM
yo homeboys and lady...we need your WEC picks.
Yo - the lady's picks are already over in the thread.

ATRAIN
11-04-2008, 01:52 PM
Yo - the lady's picks are already over in the thread.

you tell him Des!!!

desflood
11-04-2008, 01:55 PM
Hey, wow. Totally off topic, but - I didn't realize how close we were to 100 pages.

Evan
11-04-2008, 01:58 PM
Hey, wow. Totally off topic, but - I didn't realize how close we were to 100 pages.

on a basketball forum......

ATRAIN
11-04-2008, 02:04 PM
Wow this thread is very old!! Im glad I was on page 3 :). LOL did you guys see what I wrote about with Lesnar over a year ago. That was of course before I saw him fight.

dbreiden83080
11-04-2008, 02:07 PM
I wonder what Lesnar will do once his MMA career fails.... I mean he has gone all backwards....arent you supposed to be a football player, then mma fighter, then pro wrestler. Maybe he will do dancing with the stars next.

:lmao:lmao

LOL did you guys see what I wrote about with Lesnar over a year ago. That was of course before I saw him fight.

Ahh A-Train, now he is one of your favorite fighters, my how times have changed...

polandprzem
11-04-2008, 02:10 PM
What a big penis can do with people minds ? :rolleyes

ATRAIN
11-04-2008, 02:13 PM
:lmao:lmao

Ahh A-Train, now he is one of your favorite fighters, my how times have changed...

LOL yeah I know it cracked me up when I went back and re-read some of this stuff hahahha. Like I said that was before I watched him fight. That was right before his first MMA fight and I thought for sure he would fail. Im glad he proved me wrong.

ATRAIN
11-04-2008, 02:14 PM
What a big penis can do with people minds ? :rolleyes

???

dbreiden83080
11-04-2008, 02:17 PM
LOL yeah I know it cracked me up when I went back and re-read some of this stuff hahahha. Like I said that was before I watched him fight. That was right before his first MMA fight and I thought for sure he would fail. Im glad he proved me wrong.

I actually used to watch a lot of pro-wrestling and was a fan of his from his WWE days. I got out of WWE just before he left so when he made the move to MMA he for sure had my support. Even though he dessimated his first opponent he fought a bum like half his size, so i was not sure how he'd do against Mir. But he blew me away obviously even in defeat that night..

ATRAIN
11-04-2008, 02:23 PM
I actually used to watch a lot of pro-wrestling and was a fan of his from his WWE days. I got out of WWE just before he left so when he made the move to MMA he for sure had my support. Even though he dessimated his first opponent he fought a bum like half his size, so i was not sure how he'd do against Mir. But he blew me away obviously even in defeat that night..

Yeah man same here, I used to watch him on RAW and thought Holy Crap he is a beast. Then I followed him when he tried out for the Vikings. THEN he said MMA and I was like well he was a collegiate wrestler maybe he can do it but I didnt expect a rise like this at ALL. When he fought MIR I was shocked he had such a high profile fight against a former champ and thought for sure he was going to get his ass kicked. Well to my surprise he bitch slapped MIR around and made a rookie mistake against a vet. I am pretty sure if MIR can beat NOG, he is prob worried about facing Brock a 2nd time. YES I SAID it BROCK a 2nd time cause Brock is going to beat Randy and face the winner of that fight hahaha.

ATRAIN
11-04-2008, 02:43 PM
Looks like the UFC is getting closer to having Fedor...

Post #138 LOL over a year ago hahahah Well Evan have they gotten closer? :)

Evan
11-04-2008, 02:44 PM
Post #138 LOL over a year ago hahahah Well Evan have they gotten closer? :)

I blame Josh Gross….

:(

ATRAIN
11-04-2008, 02:46 PM
Awesome job on keeping this thread alive guys, for a while it was all we had. We were like a family of 10 living in a shack and now we have this mansion. PROPS to everyone who kept it alive. I have had fun going back and reading the stuff we were talking about a year and a half ago. Its amazing how things have changed since then.

Evan
11-04-2008, 02:53 PM
its good stuff

polandprzem
11-04-2008, 02:57 PM
???

You saw him and all of sudden changed your mind and fell in love with him :p:

ATRAIN
11-04-2008, 02:58 PM

You saw him and all of sudden changed your mind and fell in love with him :p:

saw him fight you perv lol. I was a fan of his in WWE like stated before. I just wasnt sure how he would translate to MMA and wasnt very optimistic. I was surprised for sure.

polandprzem
11-04-2008, 03:00 PM
:blah

Evan
11-05-2008, 03:55 PM
MMAweekly with its typical outstanding writing. Man those guys are good.

Former UFC light heavyweight champion Chuck Liddell is fighting a battle of meaning in the public eye: can one punch change everything?

Liddell, 38, built his reputation giving and taking punches. From 2004 to 2006, he cleaned out the sport’s marquee division, collecting wins against stars like Randy Couture and Tito Ortiz, who, like him, built the foundation for the UFC’s explosion in popularity.

But a new guard has encroached upon Liddell’s legacy, and chinks have begun to appear in his armor. Spearheaded by the minds at Jackson’s Submission Academy in Albuquerque, N.M., Liddell has lost to three out of his last four opponents, and his light heavyweight title to Quinton Jackson at UFC 71.

A spectacular knockout loss to Rashad Evans at UFC 88 brought the subject of retirement into sharp focus. After the fight, Liddell said he’d decide in the gym, not in the pressroom, whether to hang up his four-ounce gloves.

Nearly two months later, Liddell is sitting on the mats at training home The Pit, texting away on his beloved Sidekick. He has just celebrated his son Cade’s birthday, and is beat from a month and a half of travel.

Not a whole lot’s changed in his lifestyle. He’s still crisscrossing the country doing publicity junkets for the UFC, as popular as ever. A recent itinerary took him from the Philippines to Hawaii to Nebraska, in no particular order.

Trainer John Hackelman stands by the heavy bags in the brightly lit room, about to take a staff member to lunch. He says the conversation following Liddell’s loss to Evans was pretty short.

“Chuck, how you feeling?” he recounts. “Do you want to go on? ‘Yes.’ Alright, let’s go. I don’t think one punch – I’ll never say lucky punch because Rashad trained for that punch too long – is going to separate Chuck from his career. It landed just like Chuck knocked out many, many, many opponents and they didn’t all quit right away. It was the first time Chuck was KO’d, and I don’t think that would warrant talks of retirement.”

Liddell bristles at the idea of one fight changing everything.

“You don’t ever want to get caught like that in a fight, but it happens,” he says. “I don’t think that says I can’t perform anymore. Up to that point in the fight I was winning the fight. If he hadn’t caught me, most likely we would have gone another round and a half, or maybe I would have caught him.”

Of particular irritation are critics who say Liddell’s striking style sets him up for defeat. Outsiders have often characterized it as a “looping” punching style, focused exclusively on the knockout punch. Obviously, it’s worked for Liddell more than it hasn't. But against Evans, who used a more compact striking style, many questioned whether it was outdated.

“I think it’s unfair,” Liddell told MMAWeekly.com. “I do have some great looping punches but most of those are started off by some good straight punches, good solid punches. But I do like to throw with power, and it shows. I’ve done well with it.”

It’s a situation he has been largely immune to until now. Once unquestioned, he finds himself defending his legacy. All he wants to do is fight.

“I have one fight I get caught, and all of a sudden my striking is no good?” Liddell poses. “That’s kind of how you guys feel in the sport. You media guys, (if) you lose a fight – nobody was saying that when I beat Wanderlei (Silva). Nobody was talking about how my striking was overrated. Now eight months later, I lose a fight, and my striking is no good.”

Liddell does acknowledge his mistakes in the Evans fight, and says he’s still working on “bad habits.” In the gym, he could get away with dropping his hands, leading with body shots. As he knows now, those days are over. The key is a stricter gameplan – everything measured to maximize offense and defense.

“It’d be me changing my game plan, not my style,” Liddell says. “I mean, you’re not going to change how I punch, how I strike. (I can) change what I decide to do just like I did for Wanderlei, I planned on taking a couple of shots. That’s not changing my actual style. My style includes everything, it’s just what I decide to use in the fights.”

Hackelman says he wouldn’t want his prized student to change. At this point in Liddell’s career, there’s not much he can.

“Keeping the hands up is great to say, everybody knows they should do it, but it’s a big problem for fighters of all levels,” he says. “You could get the best fighters on the planet in boxing, kickboxing, MMA, everyone drops their hands, because of simple physics of gravity. Everyone’s going to drop their hands occasionally, and when you do, you expose certain things, so yeah, we’ll work on that. You just work on some of the things that need to be tweaked, that’s all.”

Then Hackleman goes stiff, keeling over on the mats. He gets up with a big smile. This MMA business can’t be too serious.

Liddell says he anticipates another fight in early 2009, but thinks the UFC is waiting to see how the light heavyweight picture looks at the end of December before giving him an opponent. One idea, Anderson Silva, was floated at the post-fight press conference for UFC 90. Though he doesn’t call fighters out, Liddell welcomes the idea, and says a fight with Silva would be a perfect place to showcase different skills.

“I think it would be a great fight,” he said. “I think I match up well. I hit very hard, and I’m a big 205-pounder. And he’s going to have to worry about me taking him down. I have a good shot mixed in the middle of that. So he’s definitely a guy that I would take some shots on.”

That said, Liddell only has so many opportunities to get his title back. He still burns for it, and another setback could be devastating. But another one of his patented knockouts could silence fickle MMA fans... and that's the way he'd like to go out.

“My timetable is still the same,” he said. “I want to make another run at it. I think another loss could put an end to making a run for it, cause I think that would put me way too far out of title contention. Now, I still feel like I get a few wins, get a title, get a few defenses, maybe. So we’ll see.”

dbreiden83080
11-05-2008, 04:05 PM
Nice piece. Chuck is a step slower than he used to be with his reflexes and timing and he has become incredibly one dimensional. His loss to Jardine and to Evans, he just pokes at you with that left, loading up big time with the right. He rarely even throws a strong jab anymore. All he wants to do is land one punch KO's. If he mixed it up better with Rashad he'd have taken a decision. He fought much smarter with Silva..

Evan
11-05-2008, 05:06 PM
The most well-known referee in the history of mixed martial arts is set to return to the profession that saw him officiate over 500 fights over a 15-year-career. The California State Athletic Commission has assigned “Big” John McCarthy to referee selected bouts at Strikeforce’s “Destruction” event on November 21 in San Jose according to Sherdog.com.

“I missed doing it,” McCarthy said referring to his days as a referee to Sherdog.com.. “Sometimes when you walk away from something and you think it’s time, once you’re away you realize what you’re missing –- it’s kind of like why guys come back to fighting. It’s what I like doing. It’s what I was meant to do.”

polandprzem
11-05-2008, 05:21 PM
100 pages guys and gals !

desflood
11-05-2008, 05:59 PM
MMAweekly with its typical outstanding writing. Man those guys are good.

Former UFC light heavyweight champion Chuck Liddell is fighting a battle of meaning in the public eye: can one punch change everything?

Liddell, 38, built his reputation giving and taking punches. From 2004 to 2006, he cleaned out the sport’s marquee division, collecting wins against stars like Randy Couture and Tito Ortiz, who, like him, built the foundation for the UFC’s explosion in popularity.

But a new guard has encroached upon Liddell’s legacy, and chinks have begun to appear in his armor. Spearheaded by the minds at Jackson’s Submission Academy in Albuquerque, N.M., Liddell has lost to three out of his last four opponents, and his light heavyweight title to Quinton Jackson at UFC 71.

A spectacular knockout loss to Rashad Evans at UFC 88 brought the subject of retirement into sharp focus. After the fight, Liddell said he’d decide in the gym, not in the pressroom, whether to hang up his four-ounce gloves.

Nearly two months later, Liddell is sitting on the mats at training home The Pit, texting away on his beloved Sidekick. He has just celebrated his son Cade’s birthday, and is beat from a month and a half of travel.

Not a whole lot’s changed in his lifestyle. He’s still crisscrossing the country doing publicity junkets for the UFC, as popular as ever. A recent itinerary took him from the Philippines to Hawaii to Nebraska, in no particular order.

Trainer John Hackelman stands by the heavy bags in the brightly lit room, about to take a staff member to lunch. He says the conversation following Liddell’s loss to Evans was pretty short.

“Chuck, how you feeling?” he recounts. “Do you want to go on? ‘Yes.’ Alright, let’s go. I don’t think one punch – I’ll never say lucky punch because Rashad trained for that punch too long – is going to separate Chuck from his career. It landed just like Chuck knocked out many, many, many opponents and they didn’t all quit right away. It was the first time Chuck was KO’d, and I don’t think that would warrant talks of retirement.”

Liddell bristles at the idea of one fight changing everything.

“You don’t ever want to get caught like that in a fight, but it happens,” he says. “I don’t think that says I can’t perform anymore. Up to that point in the fight I was winning the fight. If he hadn’t caught me, most likely we would have gone another round and a half, or maybe I would have caught him.”

Of particular irritation are critics who say Liddell’s striking style sets him up for defeat. Outsiders have often characterized it as a “looping” punching style, focused exclusively on the knockout punch. Obviously, it’s worked for Liddell more than it hasn't. But against Evans, who used a more compact striking style, many questioned whether it was outdated.

“I think it’s unfair,” Liddell told MMAWeekly.com. “I do have some great looping punches but most of those are started off by some good straight punches, good solid punches. But I do like to throw with power, and it shows. I’ve done well with it.”

It’s a situation he has been largely immune to until now. Once unquestioned, he finds himself defending his legacy. All he wants to do is fight.

“I have one fight I get caught, and all of a sudden my striking is no good?” Liddell poses. “That’s kind of how you guys feel in the sport. You media guys, (if) you lose a fight – nobody was saying that when I beat Wanderlei (Silva). Nobody was talking about how my striking was overrated. Now eight months later, I lose a fight, and my striking is no good.”

Liddell does acknowledge his mistakes in the Evans fight, and says he’s still working on “bad habits.” In the gym, he could get away with dropping his hands, leading with body shots. As he knows now, those days are over. The key is a stricter gameplan – everything measured to maximize offense and defense.

“It’d be me changing my game plan, not my style,” Liddell says. “I mean, you’re not going to change how I punch, how I strike. (I can) change what I decide to do just like I did for Wanderlei, I planned on taking a couple of shots. That’s not changing my actual style. My style includes everything, it’s just what I decide to use in the fights.”

Hackelman says he wouldn’t want his prized student to change. At this point in Liddell’s career, there’s not much he can.

“Keeping the hands up is great to say, everybody knows they should do it, but it’s a big problem for fighters of all levels,” he says. “You could get the best fighters on the planet in boxing, kickboxing, MMA, everyone drops their hands, because of simple physics of gravity. Everyone’s going to drop their hands occasionally, and when you do, you expose certain things, so yeah, we’ll work on that. You just work on some of the things that need to be tweaked, that’s all.”

Then Hackleman goes stiff, keeling over on the mats. He gets up with a big smile. This MMA business can’t be too serious.

Liddell says he anticipates another fight in early 2009, but thinks the UFC is waiting to see how the light heavyweight picture looks at the end of December before giving him an opponent. One idea, Anderson Silva, was floated at the post-fight press conference for UFC 90. Though he doesn’t call fighters out, Liddell welcomes the idea, and says a fight with Silva would be a perfect place to showcase different skills.

“I think it would be a great fight,” he said. “I think I match up well. I hit very hard, and I’m a big 205-pounder. And he’s going to have to worry about me taking him down. I have a good shot mixed in the middle of that. So he’s definitely a guy that I would take some shots on.”

That said, Liddell only has so many opportunities to get his title back. He still burns for it, and another setback could be devastating. But another one of his patented knockouts could silence fickle MMA fans... and that's the way he'd like to go out.

“My timetable is still the same,” he said. “I want to make another run at it. I think another loss could put an end to making a run for it, cause I think that would put me way too far out of title contention. Now, I still feel like I get a few wins, get a title, get a few defenses, maybe. So we’ll see.”
A wall of text hits you for 10,000 damage. You die.

Evan
11-05-2008, 06:28 PM
A wall of text hits you for 10,000 damage. You die.

^ did not date until after high school.

desflood
11-05-2008, 06:35 PM
Practically, but... stole it from probably the only clever person on Sherdog.

Evan
11-05-2008, 07:33 PM
Practically, but... stole it from probably the only clever person on Sherdog.

Who needs sherdog when you have.......

http://www.mixedmartialarts.com/mma.cfm?go=forum.splash&forum=1

desflood
11-06-2008, 01:36 PM
Ultimate Fighting Championship lightweight competitor, Hermes Franca, was arrested last night by the Jupiter Police Department in Jupiter, Fla for a DUI offense as confirmed to MMAWeekly.com by members of the police force on Thursday morning.

Authorities could not release much more information than what was listed on their official police blotter confirming Franca’s arrest.

According to the report, Franca was arrested at 2:38am by an officer who suspected the fighter was under the influence of alcohol or drugs.

It was also listed that this was Franca’s first offense.

While officials of the Jupiter Police Department could confirm the arrest, they had no information about his detainment or release from being held from the arrest.

From mmaweekly.com

LEONARD
11-06-2008, 02:38 PM
Shonie Carter accidently ended up in Turkey…hahahaha
http://www.mixedmartialarts.com/mma.cfm?go=forum.posts&thread=1367470&page=1
http://fiveouncesofpain.com/2008/11/06/shonie-carter-shares-latest-adventure-with-the-underground-forum/

LEONARD
11-06-2008, 02:38 PM
BJ training for GSP (video)
http://mmamania.com/2008/11/05/bj-penn-video-training-for-georges-st-pierre-ufc-94-fight/

dbreiden83080
11-06-2008, 03:06 PM
Well he's lifting but he's still not watching his diet or doing much cardio.. On BJ Penn.com when they follow him around all the time he is always eating some sort of nasty junk food. His face is quite heavy in that video..

Evan
11-06-2008, 04:28 PM
Ultimate Fighting Championship lightweight competitor, Hermes Franca, was arrested last night by the Jupiter Police Department in Jupiter, Fla for a DUI offense as confirmed to MMAWeekly.com by members of the police force on Thursday morning.

Authorities could not release much more information than what was listed on their official police blotter confirming Franca’s arrest.

According to the report, Franca was arrested at 2:38am by an officer who suspected the fighter was under the influence of alcohol or drugs.

It was also listed that this was Franca’s first offense.

While officials of the Jupiter Police Department could confirm the arrest, they had no information about his detainment or release from being held from the arrest.

From mmaweekly.com

Update

**UPDATE** MMA Rated has an update:

Reed Wallace, who represents Franca at the Florida-based White Chocolate Management, told MMARated.com that his client was not under the influence.

“He was very tired when he was driving and was falling asleep at the wheel,” Wallace said. “He did not take any drugs or alcohol.”

Wallace attended last night’s WEC 36 in Hollywood, Fla., with Franca.

“(The police) released him on his on own recognisant,” Wallace said, “which means they probably realized he was not under the influence. If he was, they would have set bail.”

Evan
11-07-2008, 03:40 PM
Japanese MMA is such a joke.

Gomi-Kitaoka and Santiago-Misaki title fights headline Sengoku 7

Gomi loses a tournament meant to award the winner a title shot and they still force him into a title shot.

http://mmajunkie.com/news/13187/gomi-kitaoka-and-santiago-misaki-title-fights-headline-sengoku-7.mma#comments

dallaskd
11-07-2008, 05:31 PM
Santiago-Misaki is a good fight though...

desflood
11-07-2008, 06:33 PM
Hopefully, this is all purely innocent on Hughes' part (even if I don't like him):

http://www.bloodyelbow.com/2008/11/7/656037/matt-hughes-with-racist-t

desflood
11-07-2008, 06:40 PM
If anybody's interested, Brock Lesnar is scheduled to be a guest on mmaweeklyradio tonight.

Evan
11-07-2008, 06:42 PM
Hopefully, this is all purely innocent on Hughes' part (even if I don't like him):

http://www.bloodyelbow.com/2008/11/7/656037/matt-hughes-with-racist-t

3 things...

1. I bet he signs 100 t-shirts an hour at mma events and takes 100 pictures.

2. He's a country boy but he isn't an idiot.

3. KOS called him a "white boy" so this could be in response to that.

Evan
11-07-2008, 06:43 PM
And here we go..........

Not a big deal.

This photo was taken on April 5th, 2008, when Matt did an appearance at Dale’s Harley-Davidson, in Mt. Vernon, IL. I run Matt’s website and I was there taking pictures of the event. This photo was from early on in the day and some guy brought the shirt to Matt, asked him to sign it and take a picture with it. Matt was on his way to the autograph table, so he signed it and took the picture on the move and I doubt he even looked at the shirt any longer than it took to find a blank space to sign his name. The only reason I remember it so well was I noticed the “SS” symbol and thought to myself, “Uh-oh, this could be a problem.” It was a busy day, so I never brought it up and it seemed like such a small issue as the months went by.

Again, Matt has absolutely no affiliation with this group, he was just asked by a fan to sign the shirt and take the photo and he did. Matt has no connections whatsoever with white supremacist groups.

For more photos from that event, you can see his blog entry about it below:
http://www.matt-hughes.com/blog/2008/04/07/dales-harley-davidson/

He’s clearly wearing the same shirt in this photo as he was at that event. If you want to confirm my identity, you can email me at [email protected]

Nathan Rosario
Webmaster, Matt-Hughes.com

by [email protected] on Nov 7, 2008 2:00 PM PST reply reply

Evan
11-07-2008, 06:47 PM
We are also aware that the photo is being used by this group on their website as an endorsement of this shirt. We are trying to contact them to remove it immediately and if they do not comply then we will pursue legal action against them.

Not only do we completely disagree with everything they stand for, but this “endorsement” was not obtained in a legal manner, because they are using Matt’s image without permission.

Nathan Rosario
Webmaster, Matt-Hughes.com

Evan
11-07-2008, 06:52 PM
If nothing else, it shows a slight lack of judgement on your and his part. Right?

by lbk on Nov 7, 2008 2:38 PM PST

yes, it does; but when you consider the sheer number of “third party” shirts, books, pictures, etc. that people bring to Matt to sign, it would be almost impossible to inspect everything that is put in front of him.

by [email protected] on Nov 7, 2008 2:49 PM PST

Evan
11-07-2008, 09:42 PM
This story Desflood quoted hs gotten crazy...I suggest everyone read the comments. Good fun.

The website that showed that pic has responded in the comments section..

Matt Hughes is not a racist or a member or supporter of the White Boy Society. Matt Hughes autographed 3 t-shirts for us and then we asked him to stop and pose for a pic for our website which he did then was rushed away to sign more autographs. The picture was taken at Dales-Harley Davidson in Mount Vernon, IL.

This was the one and only time anyone from the White Boy Society had ever met with Matt Hughes. We were proud of our autograph and posted it on our website. So you can end your witch hunt and false accusations about Matt Hughes.

For another thing we are not racist or a supremacy group. Our website does not degrade any other race. We are about pride, heritage and ancestry. Every other race is encouraged to show pride in their race but if white people do it you call us racist.
You have the United Negro College Fund. You have Martin Luther King Day. You have Black History Month. You have Cesar Chavez Day. You Have Yom Hashoah You have Ma’uled Al-Nabi You have the NAACP. You have BET. If we had WET (White Entertainment Television) . We’d be racists. If we had a White Pride Day .. You would call us racists. If we had White History Month We’d be racists. If we had any organization for only whites to “advance” OUR lives, We’d be racists. We have a Hispanic Chamber of Commerce, a Black Chamber of Commerce, and then we just have the plain Chamber of Commerce. Wonder who pays for that? If we had a college fund that only gave white students scholarships … You know we’d be racists. There are over 60 openly proclaimed Black Colleges in the US , yet if there were “White colleges” , THAT would be a racist college.

In the Million Man March, blacks believed that they were marching For their race and rights. If we marched for our race and rights, You would call us racists.

You are proud to be black, brown, yellow and orange, and you’re not afraid to announce it. But when we announce our white pride, you call us racists.

You rob us, carjack us, and shoot at us. But, when a white police officer Shoots a black gang member or beats up a black drug-dealer running from the law and posing a threat to society . You call him a racist. I am proud white biker. But, you call me a racist.

by White Boy Society on Nov 7, 2008 6:16 PM PST

Evan
11-08-2008, 04:50 PM
When last we saw Ortiz, he was at the October 4 EliteXC show announcing that he was going to sign a contract with the organization soon. EliteXC is now finished, but Ortiz isn't finished saying he's close to signing a deal.

In an appearance at last weekend's Rumble in the Park in Fresno (broadcast today on HDNet's Inside MMA), Ortiz said, "It's either going to be with the UFC or it's going to be with Affliction, but guaranteed, you guys will see me fight -- no matter what -- by July."

Ortiz also mentioned that he had back surgery last month, which he deemed successful. He also said it was the same surgery that Nate Quarry had, and Quarry was out of action for 15 months after his back surgery. So Ortiz is very optimistic if he thinks he can guarantee that he'll return just seven months after the surgery.

^^^via Bloodyelbow

No way do we see him by July if he just had back surgery.

dbreiden83080
11-08-2008, 04:55 PM
Yeah no way by July. Tito is 33 that is not old for MMA. Best for him to stay on the sidelines until he is healthy. Whenever he fights again he has to win and look good. I want to see him back in the UFC but only if he can get himself back to a competitive level. I was watching some of his old fights recently, and his explosion is just not there like it was. He needs to try and get as healthy as he can.. His name will always get him fights but he has to start winning agian..

Evan
11-08-2008, 06:08 PM
Yeah no way by July. Tito is 33 that is not old for MMA. Best for him to stay on the sidelines until he is healthy. Whenever he fights again he has to win and look good. I want to see him back in the UFC but only if he can get himself back to a competitive level. I was watching some of his old fights recently, and his explosion is just not there like it was. He needs to try and get as healthy as he can..

Could not agree more. Why shouldn't he stay on the sidelines for a year...

There are so many things he can do to keep his name in the media as long as he doesn't just use it as a platform to complain about money. 10/10 times the athlete loses that argument with the fans unless its a massive injustice.

..........he has to start winning agian..

Assuming he can at least get 80% healthy I don't see any reason why he can't! I would love to see him start kicking butt. As much as Dana publicly doesn't like Tito I guarantee he would love to see it too.

Evan
11-08-2008, 07:38 PM
Tito on Inside MMA......

Dude's hair is a few inches long and he looks like a frosted tip version of Eddie Munster..

Oh and Jason Von Flue is still fighting and got liver kicked. give.it.up

Desflood if y'all are still cable free you can subscribe to inside mma on itunes and see highlights and some full length shows. Very cool.

dallaskd
11-08-2008, 07:46 PM
Or just watch Inside MMA on sherdog

djohn14
11-08-2008, 09:36 PM
Paulo Filho has agreed to vacate the WEC Middleweight Title after his unanimous-decision loss to Chael Sonnen at WEC 36. Filho's manager, Ed Soares, has confirmed that Filho plans on shipping the title to Sonnen as soon as possible. The fight was scheduled to be for the title, however Filho failed to make weight so it was changed to a three round non-title fight. Filho had promised Sonnen before the fight that if Sonnen won, Filho would give him the title.

dbreiden83080
11-08-2008, 10:08 PM
Picked up UFC 86 on DVD today and it is excellent. 2 discs, great bonus features, behind the scenes, they threw in the countdown show, plus i love that event itself. Page and Forrest easily one of the best MMA fights ever.. Highly recommend picking it up..

djohn14
11-09-2008, 11:22 AM
Here is a nice article from Five Ounces of Pain on King MO...

Last week Muhammad “King Mo” Lawal racked up his second consecutive impressive victory over the Chute Boxe-trained Fabio Silva at World Victory Road’s Sengoku VI. The victory went undetected in the MMA mainstream but it is noteworthy because Lawal has the fighting ability and charisma that could allow him to become the sport’s next crossover star.

Lawal joins Cain Velasquez, Jake Rosholt, and Johny Hendricks in a growing trends of championship-level college wrestlers turning to MMA in order to continue the pursuit of greatness in athletics. In year’s past, top-level amateur wrestlers were faced with the prospect of either continuing to scrape by on the amateur level during their post-college career; turn to pro wrestling; or abandon athletic competition altogether by joining the rest of in the rat race and working a typical 9-5.

For the benefit of those unfamiliar with Lawal’s amateur wrestling credentials, he won a NCAA Division II national championship while competing for Central Oklahoma in 2002. Following his success at Central Oklahoma, Lawal transferred to Oklahoma State for his senior year where he was not only the Big 12 champion but also placed third in the NCAA Division I tournament.

The shift from wrestling to MMA came for Lawal after he won the 2008 national championship and began training at Dan Henderson’s Team Quest outfit in Temecula, Calif. However, Lawal hadn’t abandoned wrestling altogether and was splitting his time between Temecula and the Olympic training center in Colorado Springs, Col. in a bid to represent the United States at this past August’s summer games in Beijing.

Despite being a favorite to represent the U.S. in his respective weight class, Lawal was upset at the Olympic team trials in Vegas and his dream of representing the States fell short. Soon after, Lawal’s attention turned back to MMA, where he began to focus fully on making his pro debut.

It was a debut that came sooner than anyone had anticipated.

After Roger Gracie pulled out of a scheduled bout on Sept. 28 in Japan at Sengoku V, Lawal was tapped on a few days notice to step in against former YAMMA heavyweight champion Travis Wiuff.

But he would not debut as Muhammad Lawal, instead, WVR officials re-dubbed him as “King Mo,” a flamboyant showman complete with a crown and female valets. Just seconds into his heavily produced introduction it was clear that the fledgling promotion had plans for Lawal, which made the selection of Wiuff as a first opponent a curious one.

Despite Lawal’s background in wrestling, boxing and judo, Wiuff was still a tall order for any fighter making their pro debut, regardless of how good their pedigree is. A veteran of over 60 fights, Wiuff had fought for the UFC and PRIDE and has recorded notable victories over the likes of Sean Salmon, Ricco Rodriguez, and Kazuyuki Fujita. This wasn’t Kimbo Slice vs. Bo Cantrell, as Wiuff entered Sengoku V riding high on the heels of a 10-fight win streak.

Drawing off his formal boxing training, Lawal appeared more than happy to stand and trade with Wiuff in the opening moments of the first round. Coming into the fight against the man known to some as “Diesel,” many pundits assumed Lawal would rely on his wrestling base and attempt to grind out a decision victory. So much for the pundits, as Lawal looked extremely relaxed as he sized Wiuff up and tried to gauge his distance. Moments into the first round, Lawal connected with a powerful superman punch that was followed up with a strong takedown.

On top of a dazed Wiuff, it was downhill for Lawal as he rained down well-placed blows that prompted the referee to call an end to the contest at 2:11 of round 1. And just like that Lawal was awarded the upset victory and a new star in Japan was born.

Just a few short months later, Lawal was back at it in second professional bout against Silva, a seasoned fighter hailing from a great camp that has produced numerous world champions. The fight would provide Lawal with a terrific opportunity to prove that his debut against Wiuff was no fluke.

Seconds into the fight, Lawal scored an impressive double leg takedown on Silva and immediately began to rain down a flurry of hard strikes. He continued to control Silva from the top position while working some effective ground and pound for a while until Silva was able to scramble back to his feet for mere seconds before Lawal was able to scoop him up and put him right back on the mat.

Once again Lawal was able to control Silva from the top and inflict damage with hard punches until the Chute Boxe veteran managed to climb back up to his feet just long enough to fire off a head kick of which Lawal was able to block. Immediately after the block, Lawal snatched up Silva and slammed him back to the canvas, bringing the one-side round in Lawal’s favor to a conclusion.

In the second round, it was more of the same, as Lawal continued to show tremendous takedown ability. Whenever Silva began to muster a little momentum, he was sent to the mat on his back. As the fight wore on, Silva had yet to stuff a single takedown attempt of Lawal’s.

Silva was able to take Lawal into the third round but the judges would not be needed on this night. At one point Silva rushed in with bad intentions and was met by a devestating right uppercut from Lawal that left him wobbly. Reverting back to his roots, Lawal ducked underneath a sloppy right hand thrown by Silva and brought him down to the canvas. Silva, still visibly rattled from the uppercut, could do little to him hold off as he absorbed more than a dozen hard punches to the chin before the referee stepped in to save him from any further punishment. And like that, “King Mo” moved to 2-0 in his young career following a TKO at 41 seconds of round 3.

In the States, Lawal will likely be marketed as a pure athlete. However, in Japan, where spectacle often takes precedent over sport, Lawal is being marketed as a pro wrestler. It’s a role that Lawal has accepted and one that he’s playing well.

Following the win over Wiuff, Lawal did an acrobatic forward roll that drew a rise out of the normally-subdued Japanese audience. And after the win over Silva, Lawal seized a moment after his win to grab the mic and address the audience. “I need a favor of y’all,” Lawal announced. “When I say king, y’all say Mo.” While many of the ringside observers may not have initially understood what Lawal had said, when once he started dancing and clapping his hands, the crowd soon got the point and were chanting right along.

Lawal’s combination of a strong wrestling resume coupled with an ability to grasp the showman aspect of the sport could just be what the struggling Japanese MMA scene needs to begin to regain some of its past glory. Whether one man can revive MMA in Japan remains to be seen, but in the event that he doesn’t, his prospects in the U.S. appear brighter than ever.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I dont know, but if he is even spoken in the same breath as Cain Velasquez he must be something special lol. But seriously...how long before we see him in a big promotion...such as Strikeforce, Affliction, hell even the UFC?

Evan
11-09-2008, 12:09 PM
Great read djohn! Who knows when he comes over but if he helps Japanese MMA thrive again I hope he stays over there for a bit.

Spotlight on one of the greatest MMA orgs most don't know about. MFC.

http://mmapayout.com/2008/11/promoters-spotlight-mfc/

Evan
11-09-2008, 04:50 PM
Werdum's profile is gone from ufc.com

dallaskd
11-09-2008, 05:12 PM
Werdum's profile is gone from ufc.com

hmm has something happened since his loss? Even though right now they are having a mini tournament for HW, he said Werdum would also be in the mix.

Evan
11-10-2008, 09:45 AM
Werdum is gone

http://www.mmaweekly.com/absolutenm/templates/dailynews.asp?articleid=7537&zoneid=13

LEONARD
11-10-2008, 10:19 AM
Stupid to drop Werdum...he's still top 10...

Evan
11-10-2008, 11:56 AM
Stupid to drop Werdum...he's still top 10...

Fightlinker on him getting cut and I agree with everything said.

http://www.fightlinker.com/?p=3689 <massive language warning.

I like fightlinker a lot…some real funny stuff but they try too hard to be funny and edgy sometimes which makes it unfunny and unedgy. The over use of "shocking" imagry gets old.

dbreiden83080
11-10-2008, 12:26 PM
Fightlinker on him getting cut and I agree with everything said.

http://www.fightlinker.com/?p=3689 <massive language warning.

I like fightlinker a lot…some real funny stuff but they try too hard to be funny and edgy sometimes which makes it unfunny and unedgy. The over use of "shocking" imagry gets old.

I don't disagree with a lot of that, the UFC is really out of line sometimes. So he loses one fight and they want to reduce his pay. Didn't they pull that crap with Mirko?? Why do guys like Frank Mir and Brandon Vera get so many second chances at good pay but Mirko and Werdum have to deal with this garbage in the wake of losses?? Not Right and he is a top guy, so losing him is stupid..

Evan
11-10-2008, 12:34 PM
Didn't they pull that crap with Mirko?? ..

Mirko wanted out of here pretty bad and I think he approached him first but yeah I agree with everything else you said. In fact I wouldn't be surprised if the UFC still holds some sort of rights to him.

dbreiden83080
11-10-2008, 12:45 PM
Mirko wanted out of here pretty bad and I think he approached him first but yeah I agree with everything else you said. In fact I wouldn't be surprised if the UFC still holds some sort of rights to him.

Do you have a theory as to why they would do this to him? The guy is a top notch fighter, he lost one fight, shit happens in MMA.. Why not let him fight again and see how he does before making this kind of decision? IT sounds like they ordered him to take a pay-cut or be shown the door. Are the UFC that unfair with contracts??

Evan
11-10-2008, 12:53 PM
Do you have a theory as to why they would do this to him? The guy is a top notch fighter, he lost one fight, shit happens in MMA.. Why not let him fight again and see how he does before making this kind of decision? IT sounds like they ordered him to take a pay-cut or be shown the door. Are the UFC that unfair with contracts??

Clueless. Doesn't make sense to me.

Unless the UFC has a way to gauge fan interest in fighters kind of like how Nike does with athletes. Tito hasn't had a good win in a long time an dhe makes more than most...Werdum flies under the radar and gets cut. I dunno.

Physically Werdum is looking horrible so maybe there is something else going on.

LEONARD
11-10-2008, 01:04 PM
He's not marketable...bottom line...

still sucks though because the HW division isn't all that deep...

dbreiden83080
11-10-2008, 01:04 PM
Clueless. Doesn't make sense to me.

Unless the UFC has a way to gauge fan interest in fighters kind of like how Nike does with athletes. Tito hasn't had a good win in a long time an dhe makes more than most...Werdum flies under the radar and gets cut. I dunno.

Physically Werdum is looking horrible so maybe there is something else going on.

You see now why i sometimes go off on the UFC with the way they treat certain fighters? Yes they give guys lots of bonuses and what not we don't know of but when stuff like this happens, i'd say it evens out..

dbreiden83080
11-10-2008, 01:06 PM
He's not marketable...bottom line...

still sucks though because the HW division isn't all that deep...

They got plenty of guys that are hard to market but if they win they stay and make decent money. Werdum wasn't much different, he just made the horrible mistake of losing a fight, shame on him according to the UFC..

Evan
11-10-2008, 01:24 PM
You see now why i sometimes go off on the UFC with the way they treat certain fighters? Yes they give guys lots of bonuses and what not we don't know of but when stuff like this happens, i'd say it evens out..

We still don't know how these contracts work so its hard for me to get a strong opinion either way.

Leonard said it better than I did about not being marketable.

dbreiden83080
11-10-2008, 01:27 PM
We still don't know how these contracts work so its hard for me to get a strong opinion either way.

Leonard said it better than I did about not being marketable.

Well it's clear they were pissed he lost and tried to lowball him though. The UFC being the only game in town is really not a great thing in certain situations.. If your not a huge star, they can really play hardball..

Evan
11-10-2008, 01:42 PM
Well it's clear they were pissed he lost and tried to lowball him though. The UFC being the only game in town is really not a great thing in certain situations.. If your not a huge star, they can really play hardball..

True. But I don't like the way the NBA (AND THE OTHER SPORTS) does it either. Get your money and you can take a nap.

Not sure what the best way is…they all have pro's and con's.

dbreiden83080
11-10-2008, 02:02 PM
True. But I don't like the way the NBA (AND THE OTHER SPORTS) does it either. Get your money and you can take a nap.

Not sure what the best way is…they all have pro's and con's.

True as well, the NFL avoids that with their non-guaranteed deals, it is usually all about getting that big signing bonus for the NFL players.. One thing i think the UFC takes advantage of is that while MMA is big, it is still not ESPN/hardcore mainstream with the sports press. So when stuff like this happens, it is really under the radar and they don't have to answer for it. If the day comes when the UFC is huge like the NBA, this is the kind of thing that will be talked about on ESPN and they'll have to answer for more of their actions..

Evan
11-10-2008, 02:05 PM
True as well, the NFL avoids that with their non-guaranteed deals, it is usually all about getting that big signing bonus for the NFL players.. One thing i think the UFC takes advantage of is that while MMA is big, it is still not ESPN/hardcore mainstream with the sports press. So when stuff like this happens, it is really under the radar and they don't have to answer for it. If the day comes when the UFC is huge like the NBA, this is the kind of thing that will be talked about on ESPN and they'll have to answer for more of their actions..

true enough

LEONARD
11-10-2008, 03:01 PM
Listen to Lloyd Irvin’s 911 call…crazy stuff…
http://www.bloodyelbow.com/2008/11/10/657854/bloodyelbow-com-exclusive

Evan
11-10-2008, 04:29 PM
Randy's son's first fight

http://www.mixedmartialarts.com/?go=forum.posts&thread=1370154&forum=1&page=1&pc=8

dbreiden83080
11-10-2008, 04:34 PM
New GSP video interview, talks Penn fight, pretty good spot..

http://www.thefightnetwork.com/videos/?fr_story=8e4749e5c15ec117fc5a02136df497aeedf498ab&rf=bm

djohn14
11-10-2008, 06:18 PM
Thats sad about Werdum, but at least they still have Cain Velasquez!

djohn14
11-10-2008, 07:40 PM
MMA On Tap is reporting that the newest UFC middleweight, Denis Kang, could face off against Alan Belcher at UFC 93 in January. Belcher’s camp has apparently agreed to the bout and bout agreements have been given to both camps but Belcher awaits an answer from Kang’s camp on whether or not the fight will go off.

Kang is most recently coming off a win against Marvin Eastman via first round TKO at Raw Combat: Redemption just a couple weeks back. Kang sports a record of 31-10 professionally but has gone 3-2 in his last five fights.

Alan Belcher fought last at UFC Fight Night 15, recording a controversial split decision victory over Team Quest fighter Ed Herman. Belcher sports a 4-3 record in the UFC since joining the organization in 2006. He carries a record of 13-5 professionally coming into the fight with Kang.

UFC 93 is set to take place in Dublin, Ireland, the organization’s first foray into Irish territory. The main event of the card features a light heavyweight matchup between Rich Franklin and Dan Henderson as well as former UFC heavyweight champion and Hall of Famer, Mark Coleman, facing off in a rematch against Mauricio Rua.

dbreiden83080
11-10-2008, 07:53 PM
but at least they still have Cain Velasquez!

:lol

Well thank god for that...

Evan
11-10-2008, 07:54 PM
Ummmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm

Werdum wasn't cut

This is from TATAME which is a reputable website.

“Estou surpreso com essa notícia. Minha irmã é quem negocia com o UFC e ela sempre entra em contato comigo antes de tomar qualquer decisão e até onde eu sei não houve esse contato do UFC com ela. No meu contrato ainda tenho mais quatro lutas que vão até 2010. Pelo cronograma que eles me passaram eu devo lutar em fevereiro, julho, novembro e abril de 2010. Inclusive estou me mudando para os Estados Unidos muito em função dos treinos com o Rafael Cordeiro visando o UFC”, disse Werdum, que está no Brasil acertando os últimos detalhes para a sua mudança para os Estados Unidos já em dezembro.

"I'm surprised with this news. My sister is my manager and shes the one that deal with the UFC and she always contact me first before every decision is made and from what I know UFC didn't contacted her. I still have 4 more fights left on my contract until 2010. From what they told me I should fight in february, july, november and april of 2010. In fact, I'm moving to the USA because I'll prepare for those fights in the UFC with Rafael Cordeiro." said Werdum that is finishing all the details to move to USA in december...

dbreiden83080
11-10-2008, 08:00 PM
LOL, oh god lets hope the UFC didn't pack this guy's bags without telling him and this was all just a mistake..

Evan
11-10-2008, 08:05 PM
LOL, oh god lets hope the UFC didn't pack this guy's bags without telling him and this was all just a mistake..

This is so confusing...

MMAweekly is normally spot on and slow with breaking news. They are more about write ups and interviews.

Evan
11-10-2008, 10:31 PM
MMAScoops.com has learned that Nick Diaz is scheduled to return to the UFC sometime in early 2009.

MMAScoops.com has also learned that the UFC is scheduling a Fight Night sometime in January or February and there are talks about putting Diaz in the co-main event position.

EDIT- I was hesitant to post this...mmascoops has a spotty record. I mean its pretty obvious he would come back to the UFC so its not exactly breaking news.

polandprzem
11-11-2008, 05:16 AM
http://mmarated.com/blogs/blog/20081110/randy_couture_s_son_victorious_in_mma_amateur_debu t-1015.html

Son of a ... Couture.

dbreiden83080
11-11-2008, 12:41 PM
UFC announces Penn and St. Pierre 2,

Boy i wish i could go..

http://www.ufc.com/index.cfm?fa=news.detail&gid=15765

Evan
11-11-2008, 02:19 PM
UFC announces Penn and St. Pierre 2,

Boy i wish i could go..

http://www.ufc.com/index.cfm?fa=news.detail&gid=15765

:toast :toast

Evan
11-11-2008, 02:34 PM
I try not to fighter bash.......

but

You are one of the best fighters in the WEC. Are you thinking of heading to the UFC?

Truth is, after this fight I’m going to the UFC.

Do you have an idea who your first opponent in the UFC will be?

Once I’m in the UFC, my first adversary will be Anderson Silva.

Really? Has that been confirmed?

Yes, it’s confirmed. Once I’m in the UFC I’ll fight Anderson Silva. I think he’s a great fighter, but I’m only going to start thinking about that after my fight with Paulo Filho. If you want to ask me about it after tonight, I’ll be happy to answer.

LOL

dbreiden83080
11-11-2008, 02:51 PM
:toast :toast

You ever been to a UFC event Evan? I'd love to go to this one but i live in NY, plane ticket, hotel and hopefully a good seat would burn such a deep hole in my pocket, especially in these times.. But man i'd love to be there.. :depressed

Evan
11-11-2008, 03:01 PM
You ever been to a UFC event Evan? I'd love to go to this one but i live in NY, plane ticket, hotel and hopefully a good seat would burn such a deep hole in my pocket, especially in these times.. But man i'd love to be there.. :depressed

Never.

I even missed two mma events here in Dallas because I had some personal crap going on. Still mad about 1 of them.

Last 2 years have been a roller coaster but I am on calm waters right now.

Evan
11-11-2008, 03:04 PM
Plus there was supposed to be a 3rd event here locally but it got canceled 1 week out. A lot of bad timing. I would be stunned if the UFC wasn't here in 09 in Dallas. We have a recession proof area.

djohn14
11-11-2008, 04:16 PM
Oh, Amirs fight has been taken off Saturdays card.

Evan
11-11-2008, 04:29 PM
bahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh

Evan
11-11-2008, 08:03 PM
As usual people complain about pay and we never know half the story

When Urijah Faber lost his fight to Mike Brown at WEC 36 last week, just about everybody saw their collective jaws drop as one of the top featherweight in the world fell to defeat for the first time in over two years.

Fans were just as stunned to see the official payouts from that event and learn that based on his contractually obligated fight agreement; Faber only earned $14,000 for his efforts.

On Monday night, Faber’s manager, Mike Roberts of MMA Inc. addressed the pay situation when appearing on MMAWeekly Radio.

“Absolutely not. Not even close,” Roberts answered when asked if $14,000 was all that Faber was paid. “That was an accurate statement of the check he received that night. Some contractual issues came up after the September fight was postponed and that $14,000 was the remaining balance of what was owed to him. That is not what he made.”

Payments are routinely paid to fighters for things such as “Fight of the Night” and “Knockout of the Night” not to mention extra bonuses paid to fighters for outstanding performances – such as that of Leonard Garcia who received an extra pay bonus for his win over Jens Pulver – despite not picking up one of the usual bonuses paid out following an event. In short, what is paid to a fighter on his bout agreement as filed with athletic commissions isn't always the total compensation that an athlete receives.

Roberts also explained that his fighter is still under an older contract signed with the promotion, but also that the WEC has always been good to arguably their most popular fighter in Urijah Faber.

“Keep in mind Urijah’s still fighting off an old contract, but Urijah’s been well taken care of for the last couple fights,” Roberts commented.

With an extremely marketable style and demeanor, Faber can also expect big things in his future contracts with the organization.

“They take good care of Urijah and going forward I know they’re going to take even better care of him,” Roberts said in closing.

Evan
11-12-2008, 07:36 PM
whew..

Antonio Silva is ruining his career. This could stop him from ever fighting in a sanctioned state or signing with a big organization.

http://www.bloodyelbow.com/2008/11/12/660006/antonio-silva-to-sign-with

And Sengoku is ruining any chance to ever have a show in the US.

dallaskd
11-12-2008, 07:58 PM
whew..

Antonio Silva is ruining his career. This could stop him from ever fighting in a sanctioned state or signing with a big organization.

http://www.bloodyelbow.com/2008/11/12/660006/antonio-silva-to-sign-with

And Sengoku is ruining any chance to ever have a show in the US.

why? i think it is smart to get work in Japan since he's suspended in the U.S. Better than sitting around..

His organization is dead anyways.

Evan
11-12-2008, 08:04 PM
why? i think it is smart to get work in Japan since he's suspended in the U.S. Better than sitting around..

When you are suspended by a US athletic commission you are expected to honor the spirit of the ruling. When Wanderlei was ko'd at PRIDE 33 he was suspended and he almost fought at PRIDE 34 but a fit was thrown and word was he would lose his US license if he fought.

http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/en/4/4c/Pride34_poster.jpg

His organization is dead anyways.

Irrelevant. A suspension is not org related.

LEONARD
11-12-2008, 08:06 PM
Vitor was ok when he did the same thing...Silva's gotta pay the bills man! lol

dallaskd
11-12-2008, 08:13 PM
Irrelevant. A suspension is not org related.

I know I'm just saying he doesn't have a home in America to come back to anyways, so he might as well go fight in japan, as long as he doesn't lose his license of course.

Who was Wandy going to fight on Pride 34?

Evan
11-12-2008, 08:16 PM
Vitor was ok when he did the same thing...Silva's gotta pay the bills man! lol

I wouldn't say he was ok.......there was a pretty big gap between pride 32 and affliction and I think affliction had to pull some strings to help him.

Besides...commissions are paying a lot more attention to MMA now than they were a few years ago.

Evan
11-12-2008, 08:17 PM
Who was Wandy going to fight on Pride 34?

Shogun

dbreiden83080
11-13-2008, 01:25 AM
UFC 94 Poster, man i can't wait for January...

War GSP!!!!!!

http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/en/7/72/94poster.jpg

Hey Dallaskd you and me need to have a Sig bet or something on this fight?? Your a Penn nut-hugger, i'm a GSP Nuthugger, we have spent enough time fighting about it.. We should come up with some embarassing Sig's one of us will have to sport for a while if our guy loses, the other guys can chime in and vote on it and shit... You game sucker?? :hat

Evan
11-13-2008, 07:32 AM
Thats a very cool poster.

polandprzem
11-13-2008, 07:36 AM
I'm glad I discovered MMA !

GSP will be soooooo determined and concentrated.

dbreiden83080
11-13-2008, 01:33 PM
I'm glad I discovered MMA !

GSP will be soooooo determined and concentrated.

No question he has had, Tunnel vision since the loss to Serra and this is a legacy fight. GSP has a lot to lose, he'll be ready...

BlackSwordsMan
11-13-2008, 01:48 PM
Anyone see randy on espn? He was holding a belt I didn't know he got it back

Evan
11-13-2008, 01:49 PM
he never lost it.

BlackSwordsMan
11-13-2008, 01:50 PM
>_<

BlackSwordsMan
11-13-2008, 01:50 PM
shit I missed south park last night

ATRAIN
11-14-2008, 08:50 AM
Evan thanks for posting this

http://www.mixedmartialarts.com/mma....1371723&page=1

So is Bonner no longer fighting since he got busted doping?

Evan
11-14-2008, 08:56 AM
Evan thanks for posting this

http://www.mixedmartialarts.com/mma....1371723&page=1

So is Bonner no longer fighting since he got busted doping?

Link doesn't work.

ATRAIN
11-14-2008, 08:58 AM
Link doesn't work.

Its the link you posted in the Gina Thread.

ATRAIN
11-14-2008, 09:08 AM
lol I answered my own question by watching the rest of the video.

Evan
11-14-2008, 09:25 AM
what happened? I didn't watch it all.

ATRAIN
11-14-2008, 09:33 AM
what happened? I didn't watch it all.

A writer was asking about Bonner vs Liddell and what he thought about it and Bonner just stated that that he is climbing up the way Chuck is.

ATRAIN
11-14-2008, 09:40 AM
When do they show MMA live on ESPN?

Evan
11-16-2008, 12:33 AM
Just want to get this out there...

I am thinking that Cain or Carwin are next up for Randy if Randy chooses to keep going. It will be a no lose situation for Carin / Carwin and a great way for the UFC to launch them into top contender status.

Honestly there isn't much left for Randy and I am not sure there is enough left in his tank climb back up that ladder.

Hopefully he signs a personal services contract and sits ringside.

Evan
11-16-2008, 06:07 PM
On the same day Brock Lesnar made his case for being the number two heavyweight in the world, Fedor Emelianenko, the number one heavyweight, suffered a rare loss in St. Petersburg, Russia.

Fedor, a 4-time world combat sambo champ, lost in the semifinals of the over 100kg division to Bulgarian wrestler Blagoi Ivanov at the 2008 World Combat Sambo Championships. Fedor lost on points 5 to 8. Ivanov moves on to to fight Germany's Stefan Janos in the finals.

Combat Sambo is a popular Russian sport which combines throws with limited striking and submissions.

Ivanov avenges a loss to Fedor from earlier this year. Below is the video of their encounter on February 15.

http://www.mmafighting.com/news/2008/11/16/fedor-emelianenko-loses-decision

^not a big deal but interesting

djohn14
11-16-2008, 07:14 PM
On the same day Brock Lesnar made his case for being the number two heavyweight in the world, Fedor Emelianenko, the number one heavyweight, suffered a rare loss in St. Petersburg, Russia.

Fedor, a 4-time world combat sambo champ, lost in the semifinals of the over 100kg division to Bulgarian wrestler Blagoi Ivanov at the 2008 World Combat Sambo Championships. Fedor lost on points 5 to 8. Ivanov moves on to to fight Germany's Stefan Janos in the finals.

Combat Sambo is a popular Russian sport which combines throws with limited striking and submissions.

Ivanov avenges a loss to Fedor from earlier this year. Below is the video of their encounter on February 15.

Thanks Evan...I say Give him Cain.

djohn14
11-16-2008, 10:07 PM
Oh, also Demian Maia is rumored to be on the list of potential coaches opposite to Bisping for the next season of TUF!

Evan
11-17-2008, 09:04 AM
Gary Shaw still doesn't get it.....

http://www.fightopinion.com/2008/11/17/gary-shaw-mma-has-a-lot-of-haters/#comment-54751

ATRAIN
11-17-2008, 09:10 AM

Ok im a big Brock mark as you all know but number 2 in the world......thats kind of a reach dont you think, especially after only 4 pro fights.

Evan
11-17-2008, 09:18 AM
It’s a tough one to figure out…on one hand only 4 fights…on the other he beat Herring and Randy.

GroundNPound
11-17-2008, 10:04 AM
Well, where would Randy have been ranked before he got beat? What HW do you think would be ahead of Brock right now?

Evan
11-17-2008, 10:43 AM
Well, where would Randy have been ranked before he got beat? What HW do you think would be ahead of Brock right now?

So complicated….champion is champion but he didn't fight for so long. HW division in MMA sucks as a whole but Brock is certainly top 5 now. Maybe even higher. Nog, Fedor and Arlovski are certainly ahead of him.

ATRAIN
11-17-2008, 11:18 AM
So complicated….champion is champion but he didn't fight for so long. HW division in MMA sucks as a whole but Brock is certainly top 5 now. Maybe even higher. Nog, Fedor and Arlovski are certainly ahead of him.

AA will be number 1 by this time next year :)

Evan
11-17-2008, 11:21 AM
If he beats Fedor there is no argument.

ATRAIN
11-17-2008, 11:38 AM

it will be AA number 1, Brock number 2 :)

dbreiden83080
11-17-2008, 11:39 AM

The UFC really needs to get AA back but he is making a lot of money with Affliction these days.. He is in the same boat as Fedor contractually isn't he??

ATRAIN
11-17-2008, 11:41 AM
The UFC really needs to get AA back but he is making a lot of money with Affliction these days.. He is in the same boat as Fedor contractually isn't he??

I dont mind him staying in Affliction as long as they stay afloat. Gives me another PPV to look forward too :).

Evan
11-17-2008, 12:28 PM
So sick of hearing about affliction...they have had 1 effing event...wish they would go away already.

polandprzem
11-17-2008, 12:29 PM
Dana should think about non-belt fight event

I mean - give Fedor what he wants :)

Do you think White has much to lose?

Evan
11-17-2008, 12:57 PM
why would they give fedor what he wants? Fedor is not a success fan wise...

Pride, Bodog and Affliction....he hasn't made any of them money.

Evan
11-17-2008, 01:14 PM
Spider Vs Chuck UFC 95 likely

"When the UFC returns to London, England, for a show at The 02, UFC middleweight champion Anderson Silva (23-4 MMA, 8-0 UFC) could headline the event -- possibly in a non-title fight at 205 pounds against Chuck Liddell (21-6 MMA, 16-5 UFC).

The Sun, a reputable newspaper from the U.K., reported the possibility of the UFC 95 main event overnight.

However, neither fighter has been officially booked for the Feb. 21 event, and the Silva-Liddell fight is only being discussed a possiblity. "

dbreiden83080
11-17-2008, 01:16 PM
Meh, that is a tough sell at this point. Chuck has lost 3 of 4 and looked really bad for the most part..

Evan
11-17-2008, 01:17 PM
^I'm going to go ahead and say no wat at 95. Thats too big of a headliner for uk fans. But if true...UFC wants into the UK more than anyone thought.

ATRAIN
11-17-2008, 01:18 PM
Spider Vs Chuck UFC 95 likely

"When the UFC returns to London, England, for a show at The 02, UFC middleweight champion Anderson Silva (23-4 MMA, 8-0 UFC) could headline the event -- possibly in a non-title fight at 205 pounds against Chuck Liddell (21-6 MMA, 16-5 UFC).

The Sun, a reputable newspaper from the U.K., reported the possibility of the UFC 95 main event overnight.

However, neither fighter has been officially booked for the Feb. 21 event, and the Silva-Liddell fight is only being discussed a possiblity. "

Damn Poor Liddell the Spider would crush him!!!

dbreiden83080
11-17-2008, 01:20 PM
^I'm going to go ahead and say no wat at 95. Thats too big of a headliner for uk fans. But if true...UFC wants into the UK more than anyone thought.

It's a headliner in name only though isn't it Evan? I mean Chuck has looked awful of late. They'd have to dance around his poor performances a lot when selling that fight..

Evan
11-17-2008, 01:39 PM
It's a headliner in name only though isn't it Evan? I mean Chuck has looked awful of late. They'd have to dance around his poor performances a lot when selling that fight..

It's still a super fight…I would love to see it. Chuck may have looked bad recently but he's still Chuck. He's still a top LHW.

We the fans are very spoiled that we can have such a bad@ss who fights with such regularity.

polandprzem
11-17-2008, 01:42 PM
why would they give fedor what he wants? Fedor is not a success fan wise...

Pride, Bodog and Affliction....he hasn't made any of them money.

Was it his fault they did not earn money of him?

Many real fans would like to see Fedor clashing with UFC champ, whoever it will be.

Evan
11-17-2008, 01:47 PM

Many real fans would like to see Fedor clashing with UFC champ, whoever it will be.

No its not his fault at all. But my point is why give into Fedor's demands...if he wants all the money and to not give up anything then leave him alone.

polandprzem
11-17-2008, 01:51 PM
No its not his fault at all. But my point is why give into Fedor's demands...if he wants all the money and to not give up anything then leave him alone.

hehe

well not everything :rollin

dbreiden83080
11-17-2008, 01:59 PM
It's still a super fight…I would love to see it. Chuck may have looked bad recently but he's still Chuck. He's still a top LHW.

I really don't think he is a top LHW anymore that is why i think it is a headliner in name only. He looked awful against Jardine, got KTFO by Rashad, Rampage you give him a pass because he's Rampage but i don't know. It's not that sexy to me at this point. One guy is at the top, the other is on his way out the door... But then again there are not that many big fights out there for Silva right now..

Evan
11-17-2008, 02:01 PM
He's still top 10...you simply don't fall from grace that fast because of a rough patch.

ATRAIN
11-17-2008, 02:03 PM
He's still top 10...you simply don't fall from grace that fast because of a rough patch.

He is exposed and done. I had been saying for a LONG time that its a miracle no one knocked chuck down. Dumb ass still throws his hands down and it was a matter of time before someone realized that and knocked him the fuck out......like Rampage and Evans did.

dbreiden83080
11-17-2008, 02:03 PM

The MMA Purists that recognize Fedor as the best Heavyweight in the world would love to see it but the thing is, the average person has no clue who Fedor is.. If the Randy fight had happened, the UFC would have had to really hype the hell out of it to get people to know Fedor. Ask the average person on the street who Fedor is and expect a lot of confused looks..

dbreiden83080
11-17-2008, 02:04 PM

You seem to be ignoring the bulk of my argument for whatever reason...

Evan
11-17-2008, 02:07 PM
I'm not ignoring it...I simply don't agree with and don't want to split hairs over it.

dbreiden83080
11-17-2008, 02:10 PM
I'm not ignoring it...I simply don't agree with and don't want to split hairs over it.

All i said was, It's not as sexy as it would have been even a few years ago, which is true it isn't...

Evan
11-17-2008, 02:14 PM
Yeah ok I agree with that. LHW is no longer Chuck and everyone else. Thankfully.

polandprzem
11-17-2008, 02:15 PM
The MMA Purists that recognize Fedor as the best Heavyweight in the world would love to see it but the thing is, the average person has no clue who Fedor is.. If the Randy fight had happened, the UFC would have had to really hype the hell out of it to get people to know Fedor. Ask the average person on the street who Fedor is and expect a lot of confused looks..

I live in Europe
MMA average fans knows who Fedor is.

Are you talking about people in the street?

In poland many people do not know what MMA is.
When I say that I'm watching MMA they are like :wtf then I say fights, they go uha, seeya

Do they know in States who Capitan America is>?

ATRAIN
11-17-2008, 02:15 PM
Its funny how DB refers to it as not sexy hahahah

dbreiden83080
11-17-2008, 02:18 PM
Yeah ok I agree with that. LHW is no longer Chuck and everyone else. Thankfully.

Here is my point tell me what you think. I say it is tougher to market the fight.. The UFC promotes Silva as the unbeatable, Pd 4 Pd king of the sport.. They used to sell Chuck as the best 205 pd fighter maybe ever. Well not only is he not anymore but they'd likely have to dance around Chuck's recent crap performances.. GSP and Penn 2 is really sexy because both have been dominant lately, in their weight classes and they are big names. That is why i said Silva and Chuck is really a name only big fight.. But i could see it due to lack of options right now for Silva..

dbreiden83080
11-17-2008, 02:21 PM
Its funny how DB refers to it as not sexy hahahah

If it ain't got Riddum, it just ain't sexy.. :p:

I live in Europe
MMA average fans knows who Fedor is.

Are you talking about people in the street?

In poland many people do not know what MMA is.
When I say that I'm watching MMA they are like :wtf then I say fights, they go uha, seeya

Do they know in States who Capitan America is>?

The average person in the US has no clue who Fedor is, hell they still think Kimbo Slice is the face of MMA..

Evan
11-17-2008, 02:21 PM
I still think they can easily sell it. He's still Chuck!

dbreiden83080
11-17-2008, 02:24 PM
I still think they can easily sell it. He's still Chuck!

I didn't say they couldn't sell it, just not as easily or as hugely hyped..

Evan
11-17-2008, 02:30 PM
yeah and I blame Silva for that. He could make so much more money if he spoke English.

dbreiden83080
11-17-2008, 02:38 PM
yeah and I blame Silva for that. He could make so much more money if he spoke English.

True about Silva, he knows a little but i doubt he puts any effort into learning more..

desflood
11-17-2008, 02:40 PM
Mavericks owner and HDNet founder Mark Cuban was charged this morning with insider trading, as filed by the SEC. He is accused of selling his stock in mamma.com when receiving insider information, which reportedly saved him over 750 thousand dollars. This could have major implications on the world of MMA in that Cuban's HDNet could be facing troubling times, with this charge piling on to a shaky economical situation. Cuban may also never be allowed to pursue his own MMA organization, as he likely would not be allowed to be involved in gaming or promoting a sanctioned sporting event after this is all said and done. He is also looking at serious jail time. And even though Dana White seems to spare him while smearing his competitors, this latest development may put a little smirk on his face.

An article about the situation is available at Sportsline.

polandprzem
11-17-2008, 02:42 PM
If it ain't got Riddum, it just ain't sexy.. :p:

The average person in the US has no clue who Fedor is, hell they still think Kimbo Slice is the face of MMA..

In the next fight UFC need to paint Brock in black and give him a Kimbo mask.

ATRAIN
11-17-2008, 02:46 PM
Mavericks owner and HDNet founder Mark Cuban was charged this morning with insider trading, as filed by the SEC. He is accused of selling his stock in mamma.com when receiving insider information, which reportedly saved him over 750 thousand dollars. This could have major implications on the world of MMA in that Cuban's HDNet could be facing troubling times, with this charge piling on to a shaky economical situation. Cuban may also never be allowed to pursue his own MMA organization, as he likely would not be allowed to be involved in gaming or promoting a sanctioned sporting event after this is all said and done. He is also looking at serious jail time. And even though Dana White seems to spare him while smearing his competitors, this latest development may put a little smirk on his face.

Damn another MMA hit that isnt UFC. Dana has to be jacking it right now.

desflood
11-17-2008, 05:05 PM
The UFC's light-heavyweight title picture will become a lot clearer on Jan. 31.

UFC President Dana White confirmed this past Saturday that top contenders and undefeated 205-pounders Lyoto Machida (13-0 MMA, 5-0 UFC) and Thiago Silva (13-0 MMA, 4-0 UFC) will meet at UFC 94.

The event takes place at the MGM Grand Garden Arena in Las Vegas. The Machida-Silva could be the night's co-main event to the headline bout between UFC welterweight champion Georges St. Pierre and B.J. Penn.

The Machida-Silva fight was originally scheduled for the Oct. 25 UFC 89 event. However, as MMAjunkie.com (www.mmajunkie.com) previously reported, Silva was forced out of the event after sustaining a back injury.

Silva has had an impressive run in the UFC since his May 2007 debut with the organization. His four wins over James Irvin, Tomasz Drwal, Houston Alexander and Antonio Mendes have all come via stoppage -- three by TKO and one by submission.

Machida, meanwhile, has fought since May, when he topped Tito Ortiz for a unanimous-decision victory. It was his fifth consecutive victory in the UFC, four of which have come gone to decision.

Machida also holds wins over UFC veterans Stephan Bonner, Rich Franklin, B.J. Penn and Vernon White in bouts held in various worldwide MMA organizations.

Machida should have gotten first crack at Forrest, IMHO. When it was announced that Rashad would get it, though, I was hoping to see Machida/Jardine. Silva's not bad, but I'd like to see him face competition of a higher level than Irvin or Alexander.

djohn14
11-17-2008, 07:48 PM
The UFC's light-heavyweight title picture will become a lot clearer on Jan. 31.

UFC President Dana White confirmed this past Saturday that top contenders and undefeated 205-pounders Lyoto Machida (13-0 MMA, 5-0 UFC) and Thiago Silva (13-0 MMA, 4-0 UFC) will meet at UFC 94.

The event takes place at the MGM Grand Garden Arena in Las Vegas. The Machida-Silva could be the night's co-main event to the headline bout between UFC welterweight champion Georges St. Pierre and B.J. Penn.

The Machida-Silva fight was originally scheduled for the Oct. 25 UFC 89 event. However, as MMAjunkie.com (www.mmajunkie.com) previously reported, Silva was forced out of the event after sustaining a back injury.

Silva has had an impressive run in the UFC since his May 2007 debut with the organization. His four wins over James Irvin, Tomasz Drwal, Houston Alexander and Antonio Mendes have all come via stoppage -- three by TKO and one by submission.

Machida, meanwhile, has fought since May, when he topped Tito Ortiz for a unanimous-decision victory. It was his fifth consecutive victory in the UFC, four of which have come gone to decision.

Machida also holds wins over UFC veterans Stephan Bonner, Rich Franklin, B.J. Penn and Vernon White in bouts held in various worldwide MMA organizations.

Machida should have gotten first crack at Forrest, IMHO. When it was announced that Rashad would get it, though, I was hoping to see Machida/Jardine. Silva's not bad, but I'd like to see him face competition of a higher level than Irvin or Alexander.
I see what your saying, but I have not problem with Silva and Machida. I feel Rashad deserves the title shot...he FINISHED his fight and KOed Chuck. No doubt though, if Machida wins he gets his shot...no doubt.

djohn14
11-17-2008, 07:50 PM
The Sun, a tabloid from the United Kingdom, reported on the UFC returning to London on February 21 for UFC 95 yesterday and had the following to say regarding a potential Anderson Silva vs. Chuck Liddell fight:

"SunSport understands Middleweight champion Anderson Silva, 33, has been asked to appear on the card, with a potential bout with light heavyweight star Chuck Liddell already being mooted."

Fighters Only Magazine was the first to mention a possible Silva/Liddell fight at the show. After his win at UFC 90 in October, UFC Middleweight Champion Anderson Silva had asked to fight again as soon as possible. It was then rumored that Silva would be booked for a UFC show in February, however a possible opponent was never mentioned.

411 Mania

Evan
11-17-2008, 10:48 PM
Check out Lorenzo in the blue shirt...

http://i33.tinypic.com/1z526wm.gif

Evan
11-18-2008, 06:55 PM
GSP will fight Silva if he beats Anderson

http://mmarated.com/blogs/blog/20081118/ufc_94_press_conference_video__white_says_if_gsp_w ins_he_gets_anderson_silva-1066.html

djohn14
11-18-2008, 07:09 PM
GSP will fight Silva if he beats Anderson

http://mmarated.com/blogs/blog/20081118/ufc_94_press_conference_video__white_says_if_gsp_w ins_he_gets_anderson_silva-1066.html

Thanks for the update Evan...but that should say "GSP will fight Silva if he beats BJ", correct?

Evan
11-18-2008, 07:13 PM
dang it...yeah sorry I was typing too fast.

dallaskd
11-18-2008, 07:13 PM
What if BJ beats St. Pierre? Is Penn going to go for 3 belts?

Evan
11-18-2008, 07:24 PM
Last year he made it clear he only wants to fight 1 or 2 times a year from here on out. A UFC belt holder has to fight once a year so that knows him out at 3.

dbreiden83080
11-18-2008, 10:34 PM
Thanks for the update Evan...but that should say "GSP will fight Silva if he beats BJ", correct?

Shit, i thought it would be Alves next, he must be pissed off to hear this.. I do think the UFC feels GSP will beat Penn, it's up to Penn to throw a monkey wrench in that..

*Cough, Not likely*

robbie380
11-19-2008, 12:33 AM

sorry but the jail time is just factually incorrect. he is looking at a fine that i believe is 4 times the gains he had. so he pays back his gain of 750k in the form of a fine and then another 3 mil is tacked on top of it. further, while i do believe this was insider trading i don't believe cuban had the intent to make a profit or save himself from a loss. i tend to believe his side of the story where he said mamma.com came to him and asked him if wanted to buy in to a very large dilutive offering they were having. cuban got pissed and ended up dumping all his shares on the open market the next day after the company told him what they were doing and before they had their offering. i can see cuban pulling this kind of dumb spazz kind of move without thinking about the consequences. anyhow...he is not facing jail time...he is facing a potential fine if found guilty. and if he sticks to that story he gave then he will be found guilty of insider trading even if his intent wasn't to cheat anyone.

on a side note i find it very curious that this charge is being pursued now...maybe the statute of limitations was about to run out on the insider trading charge since this was back from 2004. who knows?

and if you are wondering how i know this stuff it's because i am a professional stock trader.

polandprzem
11-19-2008, 05:15 AM
Fedor in Red :D

20h6lPkERJs

polandprzem
11-19-2008, 05:35 AM
http://rutube.ru/tracks/1211744.html?v=c3f3f61464943d7a4e9a278907ba4577

russian sportsnews about his loss

polandprzem
11-19-2008, 05:37 AM
puyKsj6z_ug

this is his loss if you could see anything

Evan
11-19-2008, 07:47 AM
sorry but the jail time is just factually incorrect. he is looking at a fine that i believe is 4 times the gains he had. so he pays back his gain of 750k in the form of a fine and then another 3 mil is tacked on top of it. further, while i do believe this was insider trading i don't believe cuban had the intent to make a profit or save himself from a loss. i tend to believe his side of the story where he said mamma.com came to him and asked him if wanted to buy in to a very large dilutive offering they were having. cuban got pissed and ended up dumping all his shares on the open market the next day after the company told him what they were doing and before they had their offering. i can see cuban pulling this kind of dumb spazz kind of move without thinking about the consequences. anyhow...he is not facing jail time...he is facing a potential fine if found guilty. and if he sticks to that story he gave then he will be found guilty of insider trading even if his intent wasn't to cheat anyone.

on a side note i find it very curious that this charge is being pursued now...maybe the statute of limitations was about to run out on the insider trading charge since this was back from 2004. who knows?

and if you are wondering how i know this stuff it's because i am a professional stock trader.

Thanks for that!!!!! :toast :toast

And if I am not mistaken the difference between this and Martha is Martha lied right?

polandprzem
11-19-2008, 07:50 AM
There are some rumors that M-1 global wants a fight between Fedor and Brock in the UFC ...
It would be M-1, Affliction and UFC as organizers.

polandprzem
11-19-2008, 08:54 AM
http://mmajunkie.com/news/13282/fedor-emelianenko-and-m-1-welcome-a-superfight-with-brock-lesnar.mma

In the wake up former UFC heavyweight champion Randy Couture's recent loss to Brock Lesnar, M-1 Global and WAMMA heavyweight title-holder Fedor Emelianenko have publicly stated their desire for a "superfight" between the famed Russian fighter and the UFC's new heavyweight champion.

M-1 today released the official statement of the proposed bout with Lesnar while Emelianenko granted interviews with select media members.

M-1 executive Jeremy Millen and Emelianenko clarify that the fight would need to be a "co-promoted event between the UFC, M-1, and Affliction Entertainment" -- something that could be difficult given, what they argue, has been the UFC's "anti-Fedor policy....

and more in the link

Evan
11-19-2008, 09:01 AM
They just want free publicity…..M-1 needs to realize the UFC doesn't need Fedor

That entire article reeks of Jerry Millen's idiocy. They bag on lesnar but Choi was ok? STFU.....

oligarchy
11-19-2008, 10:52 AM
anti-fedor policy :lol

I believe Fedor/M-1 has an anti-UFC policy. Ask for crazy shit and then says, "They don't want Fedor."

desflood
11-19-2008, 11:02 AM
Fedor thinks so highly of Randy he wouldn't fight him?

Taken from bloodyelbow:

Fedor claims that he never wanted to fight Randy Couture:

“To tell you the truth, I wasn’t entirely excited in fighting Randy,” Emelianenko told Sherdog.com on Tuesday. “I have a great deal of respect and admiration for him. Getting in the ring with someone that, I myself, adore as a person and a fighter, I’m never as interested in getting in the ring with someone I have an emotional attachment to.”

Who would he rather face, Couture or Lesnar? He says:

“I just never think that way,” he said. “I never concentrate on that. My opponent is the opponent that signs the contract to fight me and ahead of time, looking down a list of fighters that are available and trying to figure who poses more of a danger by studying their games –- it’s something I just don’t concentrate on.”

But:

“I would choose Lesnar, mainly for the reason I mentioned before,” said Emelianenko. “I’m very sympathetic to Randy. He hung out together. He got to know each other. I have a lot of warm feelings toward him. Based on that, if I had my choice without any outside forces involved, I would choose Lesnar.”

Evan
11-19-2008, 11:09 AM
anti-fedor policy :lol

I believe Fedor/M-1 has an anti-UFC policy. Ask for crazy shit and then says, "They don't want Fedor."

They should provide one piece of evidence that suggests ,not proves, simply suggest that having Fedor is beneficial to the UFC as to why they should accept his insane contract terms.

PRIDE
Bodog
M-1 global
Affliction

Have all hamstrung themselves with his albatross of a contract.

I want the Fedor in the UFC so bad but I am so sick of all of this…His management team is obviously clueless…simply hiring Jerry Millen proves that.

robbie380
11-19-2008, 11:41 AM
Thanks for that!!!!! :toast :toast

And if I am not mistaken the difference between this and Martha is Martha lied right?

that would be correct. don't lie to the feds:nope

Evan
11-19-2008, 11:43 AM
that would be correct. don't lie to the feds:nope

Someone should have told that to Vick!

LEONARD
11-19-2008, 11:49 AM
Fedor thinks so highly of Randy he wouldn't fight him?

Taken from bloodyelbow:

Fedor claims that he never wanted to fight Randy Couture:

“To tell you the truth, I wasn’t entirely excited in fighting Randy,” Emelianenko told Sherdog.com on Tuesday. “I have a great deal of respect and admiration for him. Getting in the ring with someone that, I myself, adore as a person and a fighter, I’m never as interested in getting in the ring with someone I have an emotional attachment to.”

Who would he rather face, Couture or Lesnar? He says:

“I just never think that way,” he said. “I never concentrate on that. My opponent is the opponent that signs the contract to fight me and ahead of time, looking down a list of fighters that are available and trying to figure who poses more of a danger by studying their games –- it’s something I just don’t concentrate on.”

But:

“I would choose Lesnar, mainly for the reason I mentioned before,” said Emelianenko. “I’m very sympathetic to Randy. He hung out together. He got to know each other. I have a lot of warm feelings toward him. Based on that, if I had my choice without any outside forces involved, I would choose Lesnar.”

Fedor would've felt bad smashing Randy worse than Brock did... :ihit

Sissiborgo
11-19-2008, 12:09 PM
Cool...

LEONARD
11-19-2008, 12:52 PM
New ad campaign...
http://mmamania.com/2008/11/19/proposed-ufc-ad-campaign-to-feature-the-impact-of-mma-on-popular-sports/#more-9713

http://mmastore.mmamania.com/DVDimg/ad2.jpg

Evan
11-19-2008, 12:54 PM
I'm going to ask a dumb question here so I won't get jumped in the other forum for stupidity.......

When did OK get a NBA team?

http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/basketball/nba/teams/thunder/

????????????????????????????????????????????

Is this what became of the Seattle Sonics?

LEONARD
11-19-2008, 12:58 PM
Yes...lol

Evan
11-19-2008, 01:01 PM
did they change owners or something?

EDIT: I noticed because I saw your name on the threads above

http://spurstalk.com/forums/showthread.php?t=109946

Evan
11-19-2008, 01:01 PM
aw f*ck it I don't care never mind....

dbreiden83080
11-19-2008, 01:55 PM
I'm going to ask a dumb question here so I won't get jumped in the other forum for stupidity.......

When did OK get a NBA team?

LOL, Wow dude, Just Wow...

Evan
11-19-2008, 02:00 PM
I can break down the top 10 non american born fighters under 135bs tho!

Evan
11-19-2008, 02:52 PM
curious though....how is attendance and tv ratings?

djohn14
11-19-2008, 06:40 PM
curious though....how is attendance and tv ratings?

About 7

LEONARD
11-19-2008, 06:46 PM
About 7

I think it's more like 4?

Evan
11-19-2008, 06:56 PM
I hate all of you

djohn14
11-19-2008, 07:24 PM
I think it's more like 4?

You could be right...hope we helped Evan.

Evan
11-19-2008, 07:26 PM
dammit

dallaskd
11-19-2008, 08:18 PM
New ad campaign...
http://mmamania.com/2008/11/19/proposed-ufc-ad-campaign-to-feature-the-impact-of-mma-on-popular-sports/#more-9713

http://mmastore.mmamania.com/DVDimg/ad2.jpg

How does this help them?

Evan
11-19-2008, 08:20 PM
How does this help them?

We're tougher than anyone else type campaign.

Personally, I think its awesome. They have one for every sport.

dallaskd
11-19-2008, 08:38 PM
I see. Well another solid Strikeforce card this week. Can't wait to see Southworth finally lose his title though i really want to see Babalu back in the UFC. One of my favorites Joe Riggs is back. Hopefully he's healthy for the first time in a long time.

Other good match-ups...

Duane Ludwig vs Yves Edwards
Scott Smith vs Terry Martin

Evan
11-19-2008, 08:49 PM
Did you know Joe Riggs is only 26? I didn't realize he was so young...

I really like the guy a lot...nothing bad to say about him. When he got canceled off that last card he was very choked up talking about how bad he needed this fight for money. Felt so bad for him...

dallaskd
11-19-2008, 09:01 PM
Did you know Joe Riggs is only 26? I didn't realize he was so young...

I really like the guy a lot...nothing bad to say about him. When he got canceled off that last card he was very choked up talking about how bad he needed this fight for money. Felt so bad for him...

Yeah. I think his problem was probably was having so many fights at such a young age. Already has over 40 pro fights and fought for the UFC welterweight title at 23. So sad he screwed up his back the way he did. Watch the Devela fight from February. That could have been the end of his career right there. I thought he looked great vs Misaki. Hopefully he can get his career back on track and back in the UFC. Although he has previously turned down a WEC contract because he did not like how Zuffa treated him.

Evan
11-19-2008, 09:41 PM
There has to be more to the story than this...if not...dumb dumb dumb dumb

http://www.bloodyelbow.com/2008/11/19/665899/ufc-cuts-jon-fitch#comments

desflood
11-19-2008, 09:49 PM
I just read that on mmamania. Big mistake, canning Fitch. I wonder who the "and others" are.

Evan
11-19-2008, 09:59 PM
I just read that on mmamania. Big mistake, canning Fitch. I wonder who the "and others" are.

UFC is trimming the fat....protecting their bank accounts....wonder if they're losing money or at risk too?

djohn14
11-19-2008, 10:16 PM
I just read that as well, and it pisses me off. I wasnt a Fitch fan, but hes a damn good fighter.

desflood
11-19-2008, 10:25 PM
Mmaweekly radio just passed along a rumor that Koscheck may also have bitten the dust.

Not that that would break a lot of hearts.

djohn14
11-19-2008, 10:29 PM
Mmaweekly radio just passed along a rumor that Koscheck may also have bitten the dust.

Not that that would break a lot of hearts.

That cant be true, he is has a fight taking place in December...Cant it?

desflood
11-19-2008, 10:31 PM
Like I said, just a rumor.

From the same place, rumors that Cain Velasquez will also be canned after his upcoming fight, for the same reason.

Thinking twice... you don't suppose this had anything to do with Werdum also, do you?

djohn14
11-19-2008, 10:37 PM
Like I said, just a rumor.

From the same place, rumors that Cain Velasquez will also be canned after his upcoming fight, for the same reason.

Thinking twice... you don't suppose this had anything to do with Werdum also, do you?

Bullshit...I will not allow Cain Velasquez to be canned. I will petition Dana White myself!!!!! That just ruined my night!

desflood
11-19-2008, 10:40 PM
Doofus :lol.

Aren't most, if not all of those guys with AKA?

Evan
11-19-2008, 10:40 PM
No f*cking way can this be true...

desflood
11-19-2008, 10:42 PM
I see six guests eavesdropping.

HEY!! ANY OF YOU KNOW ANYTHING, GIVE US A HAND HERE, HUH?

lol

djohn14
11-19-2008, 10:48 PM
....So your joking about Cain Velasquez?

Evan
11-19-2008, 10:49 PM
If this is all true then I am convinced the UFC has or is putting off potential money problems.

djohn14
11-19-2008, 10:51 PM
I think shes joking...I hope shes joking.

desflood
11-19-2008, 10:52 PM
No joking - rumors.

Evan
11-19-2008, 10:53 PM
If the UFC cuts Cain or KOS they are effing retarded and they give away some serious blue chips.

djohn14
11-19-2008, 11:04 PM
I swear Im so close to crying right now. You are damn crazy to cut Cain. Dana White I will f*ck you up.

Evan
11-19-2008, 11:05 PM
Give this a week or so to pan out....90% of the time these crazy rumors are BS

dbreiden83080
11-19-2008, 11:28 PM
There has to be more to the story than this...if not...dumb dumb dumb dumb

http://www.bloodyelbow.com/2008/11/19/665899/ufc-cuts-jon-fitch#comments

That is fucking disgusting, The UFC is at the point where they are cutting top notch fighters for not signing away their likeness, this is just pathetic. I really think the UFC needs major competition at some point. They will keep raping some of these guys blind until they get someone to threaten them. I mean cutting Fitch, give me a break UFC...

dbreiden83080
11-19-2008, 11:30 PM
UFC is trimming the fat....protecting their bank accounts....wonder if they're losing money or at risk too?

Then Trim, a ton of low end guys, you don't can one of the best 170 pd fighers in the world. And He only made like 50 grand before bonuses on his last fight anyway.. This is just disgusting...

Evan
11-19-2008, 11:48 PM
competition...it will never happen. It's way too late.

I'm not sure who had the best chance but its long gone. There will never be competition. Ever. They would have have to get their foot in the door in 05.

Evan
11-19-2008, 11:51 PM
That is fucking disgusting, The UFC is at the point where they are cutting top notch fighters for not signing away their likeness, this is just pathetic. I really think the UFC needs major competition at some point. They will keep raping some of these guys blind until they get someone to threaten them. I mean cutting Fitch, give me a break UFC...

and I am betting more details will come out about this...just wait and see.

How often do we see rumors that are so different than reality with mma? mma news is pathetic at best.

Fedor alone has signed with the ufc 10 times.... :lol

Evan
11-19-2008, 11:56 PM
But just for the record....if this is true...

While the full details are a little murky at this time, Fitch was apparently approached about the issue when he turned in his signed bout agreement to fight Akihiro Gono at UFC 94: "St. Pierre vs. Penn 2″ on January 31. And when he and his representatives attempted to negotiate the video game deal it was all or nothing.

He didn’t sign it and was terminated shortly therefafter.

its the biggest pile of BS I have ever heard from the UFC...

dbreiden83080
11-19-2008, 11:58 PM
and I am betting more details will come out about this...just wait and see.

How often do we see rumors that are so different than reality with mma? mma news is pathetic at best.

Fedor alone has signed with the ufc 10 times.... :lol

All i can say is if the end result is Fitch getting cut, it is just pathetic.. What could have happened that was so bad, they just handed him his walking papers? He's a top 5 170 pd fighter.. GSP or BJ Penn could tell the UFC "I'm not not signing shit and you can kiss my ass" and they aren't getting cut.. As time goes on, the UFC just to me seems to only treat Superstars with any respect...

Evan
11-20-2008, 12:02 AM
As time goes on, the UFC just to me seems to only treat Superstars with any respect...

Not that its justified...but what sport or walk of life is not like that when there is money to be had? Its just the way it is and it sucks.

dbreiden83080
11-20-2008, 12:03 AM
But just for the record....if this is true...

its the biggest pile of BS I have ever heard from the UFC...

And if true, it illustrates how horrible it is to an extent that the UFC has no competiton. This attitude stinks of "We are the only game in town you can make a conistant pay-day so you'll come crawling back and when you do, we'll low-ball the shit out of you, so just sign the deal and shut-up"..