PDA

View Full Version : Off-Topic/Minor MMA News and Notes

Pages : 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 [16]

dbreiden83080
08-21-2009, 09:51 PM
Spike and the UFC need to expand their coverage, with pre and post coverage of all the events. I keep hearing all about UFC wanting a big network deal, why not expand the Spike coverage right now??

polandprzem
08-22-2009, 02:06 AM
Spike TV and the UFC will be announcing details of the UFC 103 preliminary special that will air commercial free on Spike. The special will be a one-hour special, not two as preciously reported, and will feature TUF 8 winner Efrain Escudero against Cole Miller as well as Drew McFedries vs. Tomasz Drwal. This is a move by the UFC to counter program against the Floyd Mayweather Jr. vs. Juan Manuel Marquez PPV, which will run against UFC 103 that night.

Credit: Dave Meltzer

Drwal went down to MW - hopefully it will do all good to him. And McFedries is a good test

djohn14
08-22-2009, 09:45 AM
Drwal went down to MW - hopefully it will do all good to him. And McFedries is a good test

I like Drwal...hes real fun to watch, and he him and McFedries should make for a good face paced fight.

polandprzem
08-24-2009, 12:18 PM
If anybody missed it

http://www.mma-core.com/videos/_MMA_Live_9_20_09?vid=10006075&tid=107

LEONARD
08-24-2009, 12:33 PM
Finally watched Leites vs Sakara...Leites got f'd on that decision. He pushed the pace the entire fight while Sakara backpedal'd away and threw some counterstrikes (nothing significant landed). He got at least 3 takedowns and had his back and or/mount a couple times. He tried to finish to do something while Sakara just sat back and threw some 2 punch combos here and there. One judge had all 3 rds to Leites and the other 2 had it 29-28 Sakara...wtf.

Also watched McCrory vs Howard and felt that McCrory did more. Howard threw some leg kicks and that was about it. McCrory pulled guard many times and was attempting all kinds of subs. Howard just laid on him. I think he earned maybe 2 takedowns...every other time he was on top was when McCrory pulled guard. It was a close fight but I felt Tamdan did more to try to finish the fight...

polandprzem
08-24-2009, 01:28 PM
McRory could go both sides.
First round you got to give to tamdan, second could go either way and third Howard had the adventage I think.
Tamdan wanted to make some subs but it was not effective.
Split decision the closesed you can get/

cant find the Leites fight

LEONARD
08-24-2009, 01:56 PM
Yea, it was close...I had Howard winning the 3rd but that was it...

robbie380
08-24-2009, 02:48 PM
mayhem just announced he is fighting shields for the strikeforce mw championship

http://myfightteam.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=9&t=32

LEONARD
08-24-2009, 02:53 PM
Mayhem will get destroyed...

robbie380
08-24-2009, 03:09 PM
Mayhem will get destroyed...

what makes you think that? he is a better striker than shields and he was certainly able to hold his own with jacare even though he stupidly turned that first match with him into a grappling match.

LEONARD
08-24-2009, 03:14 PM
Mayhem is avg at best...Shields is top shelf.

IMO

robbie380
08-24-2009, 06:59 PM
Mayhem is avg at best...Shields is top shelf.

IMO

At best?

What kind of fighter do you think a guy like lawler is?

Btw I see mayhem winning this fight since he will have a decent size advantage.

dallaskd
08-24-2009, 08:58 PM
Neither one of them has much of a stand up game.. Probably a stale mate on the ground IMO. I say Shields by decision.

dallaskd
08-24-2009, 08:59 PM
WEC 43 is pushed back to October 10th.

Evan
08-24-2009, 09:36 PM
Leonard is right...Mayhem is just a decent co main event for smaller shows.

LEONARD
08-25-2009, 09:26 AM
At best?

What kind of fighter do you think a guy like lawler is?

Btw I see mayhem winning this fight since he will have a decent size advantage.

Lawler is a little better than avg, but very 1 dimensional...and he lost in less than a minute to Shields.

I don't think Mayhem will have much of a size advantage at all actually. He’s listed at 6’1” but he’s no taller than 6’ (I’ve stood next to him).

Shields is listed at 5’11”, but so is Lawler…
http://sharkspage.com/jpgs6/shields_lawler1.jpg

I think Mayhem and Shields are about the same height. Shields last fight was 182 lbs catch weight. He’ll have a little more time to bulk up for this fight, and I really don’t think Mayhem walks at anything over 190 lbs (my opinion only). He’s just not a big dude…

I think Shields wins pretty easily. He’s just a class above Mayhem IMO. I’m a Mayhem fan, but he’s just pretty avg.

djohn14
08-25-2009, 06:40 PM
I too have Shields in a class above Mayhem. Not saying it will be a walk in the park, but my money is on Jake no doubt.

polandprzem
08-26-2009, 04:44 AM
http://ifotos.pl/img/rharhr.jpg

LEONARD
08-26-2009, 08:19 AM
I've never sat in a tub of ice but I've jumped in a pool in January and it sucked. Nog doesn't look too happy! The pic of Wanderlei is funny because he's smiling...crazy mofo...

LEONARD
08-26-2009, 11:18 AM
Rampage to play BA Baracus...
http://www.cagepotato.com/quinton-jackson-scores-ba-baracus-role-team

Interesting stuff with a writer that trained at Couture's gym for 6 months and then fought...
http://www.cagepotato.com/video-what-it-looks-when-writers-fight

LEONARD
08-26-2009, 11:27 AM
Sweet Torres HL...
http://www.mmafightgirls.com/post/2924/miguel-torres-hurt-highlight-video/

desflood
08-26-2009, 11:41 AM
I don't know about Rampage, but I like Liam Neeson as Hannibal.

polandprzem
08-26-2009, 01:13 PM
http://i27.tinypic.com/30m03g2.gif

polandprzem
08-27-2009, 08:37 AM
In my town there is a company named MIR and everytime I see the billboard or the logo anywhere I get the smirk and I always think about ... lesnar

LEONARD
08-27-2009, 03:06 PM
UFC 106...Florian vs Guida

Love it, cuz one will lose...lol

polandprzem
08-27-2009, 03:19 PM
UFC 106...Florian vs Guida

Love it, cuz one will lose...lol

Wow this can be an intresting bout. Can Ken bounce back effectivly enough to beat Guida? Ken would like to srike and Guida take him down a wear hm down.

Nice matchup there.

LEONARD
08-27-2009, 04:10 PM
rampage to play ba baracus...
http://www.cagepotato.com/quinton-jackson-scores-ba-baracus-role-team

not

LEONARD
08-27-2009, 04:13 PM
http://www.fightlinker.com/pics/albundybjj.jpg

polandprzem
08-27-2009, 04:22 PM
Hey, I wanted to ask you that yesterday.

Do you think that all that celebrity people, sportsmen, jurnalists wanting to fight and accually getting that chance to fight is a good thing for the sport?

I mean the level is low but the show is there and people want to see this. And more peope want to compete in a lower level but on a big stage.

what do you think?

Evan
08-27-2009, 05:34 PM
Hey, I wanted to ask you that yesterday.

Do you think that all that celebrity people, sportsmen, jurnalists wanting to fight and accually getting that chance to fight is a good thing for the sport?

I mean the level is low but the show is there and people want to see this. And more peope want to compete in a lower level but on a big stage.

what do you think?

positive publicity is a good thing for this sport

dbreiden83080
08-27-2009, 05:35 PM
http://www.fightlinker.com/pics/albundybjj.jpg

Al Bundy is one bad mother-fucker..

spIrhYfwi5c

dallaskd
08-27-2009, 05:50 PM
Kenny will kill guida

LEONARD
08-29-2009, 08:51 AM
Rampage might play BA Baracus...delay fight with Evans? WTF?
http://www.fightersonlymagazine.co.uk/news/viewarticle.php?id=2997

Anderson sparring at Roach's gym (really hard sparring...Anderson takes some good shots at the 9 min mark)
qntHWtZqWaY

Blackjack
08-30-2009, 01:50 PM
Matt Hughes to return in early 2010, face Dennis Hallman (http://insidefights.com/2009/08/29/matt-hughes-to-return-in-early-2010/#comments)

Matt Hughes is expected to make his return to the cage in early 2010, possibly on the traditional Super Bowl weekend show.

Hughes scored a close win over Matt Serra at UFC 98 in the final fight of his UFC contract and openly talked of retirement, but has since decided to stick around for a few more fights. Hughes, 35, is expected to sign a new contract with the company shortly.

Rumors circulated after UFC 98 that Hughes was considering a move to the middleweight division, but it appears the veteran is content with staying at welterweight. Dennis Hallman, who recently returned to the company, will almost certainly be his next opponent.

Hughes and Hallman have faced each other twice, with Hallman scoring quick submission victories in both fights. Sources have confirmed with Inside Fights that Hughes wanted the fight with Hallman after UFC 98, and that the request directly led to Hallman returning to the company.

dbreiden83080
08-30-2009, 04:38 PM
"Matt Hughes to return in early 2010, face Dennis Hallman

Matt Hughes is expected to make his return to the cage in early 2010, possibly on the traditional Super Bowl weekend show.

Hughes scored a close win over Matt Serra at UFC 98 in the final fight of his UFC contract and openly talked of retirement, but has since decided to stick around for a few more fights. Hughes, 35, is expected to sign a new contract with the company shortly.

Rumors circulated after UFC 98 that Hughes was considering a move to the middleweight division, but it appears the veteran is content with staying at welterweight. Dennis Hallman, who recently returned to the company, will almost certainly be his next opponent.

Hughes and Hallman have faced each other twice, with Hallman scoring quick submission victories in both fights. Sources have confirmed with Inside Fights that Hughes wanted the fight with Hallman after UFC 98, and that the request directly led to Hallman returning to the company"

Hallman is a vet who's had a decent career, fought some tough guys..

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Dennis_Hallman

39-12 career record, funny that, the UFC is bringing him in just for revenge, i hope he subs Hughes again, it would be hilarious..

dallaskd
08-30-2009, 08:18 PM
Nice. I know Hughes must have asked for that.. revenge time..

dallaskd
08-30-2009, 08:26 PM
ricardo arona vs marvin eastman on september 12..

dbreiden83080
08-31-2009, 07:32 PM
http://www.examiner.com/x-21030-Chicago-MMA-Examiner~y2009m8d27-Lesnar-would-crush-Fedor

Frank Mir has spoken and he had some choice words for the current World Alliance of Mixed Martial Arts (WAMMA) Heavyweight Champion Fedor Emelianenko. In an interview with Xtreme Radio the Las Vegas, NV native claimed UFC Heavyweight Champion Brock Lesnar would beat Fedor in an MMA match:

"In a boxing ring, when you're taken down, you can scoot from under the ropes, you can survive. In a cage, you better be able to get back up, or you're gonna get crushed. He would get crushed against Brock."

polandprzem
08-31-2009, 07:46 PM
http://www.examiner.com/x-21030-Chicago-MMA-Examiner~y2009m8d27-Lesnar-would-crush-Fedor

Frank Mir has spoken and he had some choice words for the current World Alliance of Mixed Martial Arts (WAMMA) Heavyweight Champion Fedor Emelianenko. In an interview with Xtreme Radio the Las Vegas, NV native claimed UFC Heavyweight Champion Brock Lesnar would beat Fedor in an MMA match:

"In a boxing ring, when you're taken down, you can scoot from under the ropes, you can survive. In a cage, you better be able to get back up, or you're gonna get crushed. He would get crushed against Brock."

Well that's another aspect (cage) which makes it more difficult for Fedor. But saying get crushed?

tlongII
08-31-2009, 08:57 PM
I think Lesnar would beat Fedor. Fedor would not be able to keep his distance from Lesnar in a cage.

dallaskd
08-31-2009, 09:09 PM
That sure is a statement coming from Mir.. a man who has never fought fedor and has speaked so highly of him in the past.

LEONARD
09-01-2009, 08:24 AM
Mir is so over-hyped right now it's hilarious...he'll continue a downward spiral after his fluke kneebar over Lesnar and beating a depleted Nog got him all hyped up. Kongo via GnP...

LEONARD
09-01-2009, 02:55 PM
Mma Weekly - Lyoto Machida and Shogun sat next to each other on the flight all the way from Brazil to L.A.

Mma Weekly - Shogun doesn't care how, he just wants to win. This is the most important fight of his life.

dbreiden83080
09-01-2009, 03:40 PM
Rumors are running rampant right now, that the Page and Evans fight may be postponed because of this stupid A-Team movie Page might be in. Just a rumor so i haven't started a thread on it but if this is true, Page is gonna get wacked hard from all angles..

LEONARD
09-01-2009, 03:56 PM
jVC6nm0bLxY

polandprzem
09-02-2009, 05:45 AM
Damn I would like to see Dufee against Hardonk

polandprzem
09-02-2009, 09:12 AM
jLPDdmJYMJQ&feature=related

LEONARD
09-02-2009, 04:07 PM
http://sports.yahoo.com/mma/blog/cagewriter/post/When-will-Strikeforce-reach-its-breaking-point-w?urn=mma,186790

When will Strikeforce reach its breaking point with Overeem?
By Steve Cofield

Why have championship belts if your fighters never defend them? Cung Le hasn't fought since March of 2008. Alistair Overeem has taken it to ridiculous levels. The Strikeforce heavyweight champ hasn't defended the strap since he won it back in November of 2007 against Paul Buentello.

It's gotten to the point where Strikeforce heavyweights aren't asking for an Overeem fight. The fight means zippo. The most desired fight is now against champ-in-waiting Fedor Emelianenko.

Overeem canceled his August 15 fight against Fabricio Werdum because of a mysterious hand injury. Now he's booked for what looks like a K-1 fight next month against Peter Aerts and then another appearance in December. When the heck will he fight in the U.S. again for Strikeforce? Frankly, we're starting to think he's avoiding fighting in the United States. We hate to do it, but there's was a lot of PED chatter surrounding Overeem when he was at the April Strikeforce event. He defiantly denied the steroid allegations with Ariel Helwani. The picture shows Overeem growing from a 205-pounder to huge 254-pounder in three years.

Who knows what the reason is? It's clear Overeem doesn't respect the title or Strikeforce. It's time to strip him and hold a heavyweight tournament. Make it an eight-man tourney with Fedor as the No. 1 seed. If Overeem wants in, he's welcome to. It'd be a great way to build up the heavyweight roster and further promote Fedor's name in the U.S.

Evan
09-02-2009, 05:30 PM
1 year to defend your title or gtfo.

desflood
09-04-2009, 03:54 PM
Eilers' stepfather convicted:

James Robert Malec was convicted Thursday of voluntary manslaughter in the shooting death of his stepson, mixed martial arts veteran Justin Eilers, according to a report Friday in the Idaho Statesman. Prosecutors had sought to charge Malec with second-degree murder, punishable by life in prison, but jurors chose the lesser charge after deliberating for eight hours.

Malec could face up to 15 years in prison and/or a $15,000 fine. Sentencing is expected in October, though a date has not been set.

Eilers was at Malec’s house for a Christmas party when the two got into a verbal confrontation after Eilers reportedly became enraged at the presence of an ex-girlfriend. According to the report, Eilers’ mother and Malec’s wife, Gwen Moore, may have been standing between the two when Malec drew a handgun and shot Eilers once in the chest. Eilers died on the scene.

Defense attorneys argued that Malec feared for his life and shot Eilers out of self-defense. During the trial, Malec testified that the MMA veteran had walked him down while threatening to kill him.

"Never lose sight of the fact that Justin tried to make a living by pummeling people into submission," defense attorney Gordon Petrie said.

Prosecutors said Eilers was backing away during the confrontation and Malec’s actions were intentional.

"Justin Eilers was acting like a jerk, there's no question," Prosecutor Scott James said. "He was ruining Christmas. He was disrespecting the defendant in his own home. But he didn't deserve to die."

Eilers, a disciple of Miletich Fighting Systems, had a six-year career in MMA and once fought Andrei Arlovski for the UFC heavyweight title. Eilers lost in the first round after blowing his knee out. His last fight was in July 2008 at EliteXC: Unfinished Business, where he lost a title bid against Antonio Silva.

Moore said she dreaded the verdict, but felt it was just.

"Everyone asked me what justice I wanted,” she said. “I want my son back, that's what I want. And I'm not going to get that."

djohn14
09-05-2009, 01:30 PM
Im sure yall have heard by now, but Paul "Semtex" Daley will be replacing Mike Swick and fighting Martin Kampman at an upcoming card. I would assume the winner still gets a shot at GSP?

Evan
09-05-2009, 02:07 PM
meh

dbreiden83080
09-05-2009, 02:14 PM
Im sure yall have heard by now, but Paul "Semtex" Daley will be replacing Mike Swick and fighting Martin Kampman at an upcoming card. I would assume the winner still gets a shot at GSP?

Last fight for GSP at 170 if you ask me, it's time to go up,

he's cleaned that division out..

BlackSwordsMan
09-05-2009, 07:34 PM
no mention of anderson being out for a year in here? and some fat dude who fought shamrock died

Evan
09-06-2009, 09:44 AM
"Super heavyweight Ross "The Grizzly" Clifton, an eight-year veteran of MMA best known for his TKO loss to Ken Shamrock at "Wargods" in February, has passed away from an apparent heart attack. He was 32 years old.

Clifton's former trainer, UFC veteran Cal Worsham, said the Rancho Cordova fighter was found dead by his wife Friday morning. Clifton was reportedly watching TV in a recliner chair when the wife went to bed Thursday night. "
MMA Weekly

BlackSwordsMan
09-06-2009, 01:10 PM
no surprise there when you weigh 400 lbs

Evan
09-06-2009, 07:54 PM
idiot

http://www.cr3static.com/data/gif/ugonegetraped.gif

dbreiden83080
09-06-2009, 09:02 PM
idiot

http://www.cr3static.com/data/gif/ugonegetraped.gif

Who is that??

polandprzem
09-07-2009, 12:25 AM
Who is that??
Some reporter girl

Tell me you don't know that black guy behind her

BlackSwordsMan
09-07-2009, 05:28 PM
classy

BlackSwordsMan
09-07-2009, 05:28 PM
Some reporter girl

Tell me you don't know that black guy behind her

very informative

polandprzem
09-08-2009, 12:36 AM
very informative

Alistair Overeem - one of the best fighters in the world

OnITsTRd0zo

The TroutBum
09-08-2009, 03:54 AM

OnITsTRd0zo

With the exception of Cro Cop, it looks like a bunch of sissy ass nobodies. Color me unimpressed.

polandprzem
09-08-2009, 05:48 AM
:wtf

LEONARD
09-08-2009, 08:33 AM
no mention of anderson being out for a year in here? and some fat dude who fought shamrock died

No, because he's not out for a year...

Who is that??

Um, Overeem?

With the exception of Cro Cop, it looks like a bunch of sissy ass nobodies. Color me unimpressed.

/keyboard warrior

:lol

oligarchy
09-08-2009, 09:20 AM
/keyboard warrior

http://loudounlady.files.wordpress.com/2009/04/pot-kettle-black.jpg

dbreiden83080
09-08-2009, 10:21 AM
=
Um, Overeem

Dude belongs in Jail..

LEONARD
09-08-2009, 10:25 AM
Dude belongs in Jail..

For what?

oligarchy
09-08-2009, 10:39 AM

I assume you don't mean one of the best MMA fighters. He hasn't fought any of the top fighters at HW and lost to many at 205.

dbreiden83080
09-08-2009, 10:55 AM
For what?

Being SF champ and never defending. Not that being a SF champ means much..

LEONARD
09-08-2009, 10:57 AM
Oh...jail huh?

Blame SF...they should've already stripped him.

polandprzem
09-08-2009, 12:16 PM
Being SF champ and never defending. Not that being a SF champ means much..

Go and watch some K-1 matches

polandprzem
09-08-2009, 01:07 PM
can you use 'matches' word when it comes to fighting?

Evan
09-08-2009, 05:25 PM
can you use 'matches' word when it comes to fighting?

yessir!

LEONARD
09-08-2009, 06:48 PM
UFC 105 rumors...

Mike Swick vs Matt Hughes
Antonio Rogerio Nogueira vs Dan Henderson (205 lbs)

djohn14
09-08-2009, 08:59 PM
According to MMAJunkie.com,a light heavyweight bout between Matt Hamill (7-2 MMA, 6-2 UFC) and Jon Jones (9-0 MMA, 3-0 UFC) is likely for The Ultimate Fighter 10 Finale in December. The bout is currently being negotiated, and at least one side has verbally agreed to the fight. The plan is for the bout to be the co-main event of the evening, which will take place on December 5th in Las Vegas. Here is how the card is shaping up thus far:

* TUF Finalist #1 vs. TUF Finalist #2
* Matt Hamill vs. Jon Jones
* Dennis Hallman vs. John Howard
* Rousimar Palhares vs. Alessio Sakara

Credit: 411 Mania/MMA

Evan
09-09-2009, 07:18 AM
great fookin fight!

polandprzem
09-09-2009, 08:35 AM
yessir!

okeee

----------

Palhares at last.

Wow, Swick will be ready for 105?
Unfortunate he had to delay that Kampman bout.

LEONARD
09-09-2009, 08:44 AM
Swick got a concussion while training, so he had a mandatory 30 day period to sit out...

LEONARD
09-09-2009, 04:32 PM
Text Dana...

http://www.bloodyelbow.com/2009/9/9/1022140/text-dana-white-while-you-still-can

polandprzem
09-09-2009, 04:55 PM
Swick got a concussion while training, so he had a mandatory 30 day period to sit out...

Uhh didn't know - thanks

:flag:

Evan
09-10-2009, 07:14 AM
Text Dana...

http://www.bloodyelbow.com/2009/9/9/1022140/text-dana-white-while-you-still-can

lol

I texted him and he replied...hahahaha

dbreiden83080
09-10-2009, 11:36 AM
lol

I texted him and he replied...hahahaha

What'd he say?

Evan
09-10-2009, 12:39 PM
I just asked him a generic question so he would reply

Me: Did you re-sign Roger Huerta (I knew they didn't)
Dana @ 4:40 am Central time. No he is going to try acting

dbreiden83080
09-10-2009, 01:23 PM
HE and Rampage can do a movie together..

polandprzem
09-10-2009, 01:36 PM
HE and Rampage can do a movie together..

Like Broken Mountain or whatever ...

dbreiden83080
09-10-2009, 01:43 PM
Like Broken Mountain or whatever ...

LEONARD
09-10-2009, 02:41 PM
Me and Dana are super tight now... :lmao

desflood
09-10-2009, 04:27 PM
Taken from bloodyelbow:

While on "Inside MMA," Clay Guida announced that he will train at Greg Jackson's to prepare for his upcoming fight with Kenny Florian at UFC 107.

If Clay would stay at Jackson's, he has the potential to launch his career to a much higher level, as opposed to the gatekeeper status he currently holds. I say this as a big Guida fan.

Evan
09-10-2009, 05:03 PM
spinning tires if Kenny wins.

LEONARD
09-11-2009, 04:05 PM
Little Nog vs Luis Cane at 105

Good matchup...

Evan
09-13-2009, 08:52 AM
Rumor: Randy Couture Will Fight Brandon Vera in the Main Event of UFC 105

damn thats interesting.

dallaskd
09-13-2009, 04:18 PM
check out the new ufc.com

Evan
09-15-2009, 07:13 AM
http://mmabay.co.uk/img/UFC106-1-1.jpg

BlackSwordsMan
09-15-2009, 12:30 PM
ask him why is ufc ducking fedor

dbreiden83080
09-15-2009, 01:01 PM
http://mmabay.co.uk/img/UFC106-1-1.jpg

Nice

This is going in my Sig

dbreiden83080
09-15-2009, 01:04 PM
UFC 106 is a great overall card, should be a good buy-rate..

Heavyweight Championship bout: Brock Lesnar (c) vs. Shane Carwin[7]
Light Heavyweight bout: Tito Ortiz vs. Mark Coleman[8]
Light Heavyweight bout: Antônio Rogério Nogueira vs. Luiz Arthur Cane [9]
Welterweight bout: Jon Fitch vs. Ricardo Almeida[10]
Welterweight bout: Karo Parisyan vs. Dustin Hazelett[11]
Welterweight bout: Amir Sadollah vs. Phil Baroni[12]
Welterweight bout: Marcus Davis vs. Ben Saunders[13]

desflood
09-15-2009, 01:21 PM
Rumor: Randy Couture Will Fight Brandon Vera in the Main Event of UFC 105

damn thats interesting.
Is Joe Silva really so hard up for decent working material that this fight should be considered main event worthy? I understand that Randy is always a big ppv draw, of course, but this fight is so... irrelevant.

dbreiden83080
09-15-2009, 01:26 PM
Is Joe Silva really so hard up for decent working material that this fight should be considered main event worthy? I understand that Randy is always a big ppv draw, of course, but this fight is so... irrelevant.

100% True..

LEONARD
09-15-2009, 01:51 PM

I don't think they're too happy with Vera...they figure Brandon will help with his push out of the UFC...

Although, I think it'll be a close fight...

Evan
09-15-2009, 05:06 PM

I'm agreeing with Leonard here....I think this is meant to make or break Vera.

LEONARD
09-16-2009, 03:12 PM
http://fiveouncesofpain.com/2009/09/15/5x-worlds-strongest-man-mariusz-pudzianowski-set-for-mma-debut/

http://www.fightlinker.com/pics/mariusfreak.jpg

BlackSwordsMan
09-16-2009, 03:40 PM
I'd love to see his guy block a straight jab

Evan
09-16-2009, 05:04 PM
http://fiveouncesofpain.com/2009/09/15/5x-worlds-strongest-man-mariusz-pudzianowski-set-for-mma-debut/

kinda looks like a roided Cro Cop.

polandprzem
09-16-2009, 07:10 PM
he bever failed a drug test

The TroutBum
09-17-2009, 01:26 AM

Good hell, that guy's got muscles in his shit!

polandprzem
09-17-2009, 05:33 AM
u think?

http://www.mmarocks.pl/wp-content/uploads/2009/08/mariusz-pudzianowski.jpg

desflood
09-17-2009, 09:32 AM
I don't think they're too happy with Vera
So they show their displeasure by giving him a main event fight against Couture. I'd take that kind of disapproval (and the paycheck that comes with it) any day.

LEONARD
09-17-2009, 09:55 AM
So they show their displeasure by giving him a main event fight against Couture. I'd take that kind of disapproval (and they paycheck that comes with it) any day.

I doubt if it affects his paycheck unless he's getting some other money off the record. It's not like he's in a position to get a PPV cut (this is a Spike event anyway).

I think Dana and everybody else expects Randy to beat him up...that's what I mean by them not being too happy with him. Time for Brandon to put up or shutup...he needs to stop talking about winning the LHW and HW belts and try to put together an impressive win against a good opponent...

ATRAIN
09-17-2009, 01:30 PM

NO way this guys is not a roider!!

polandprzem
09-17-2009, 01:50 PM
NO way this guys is not a roider!!

He never failed tests

btw. You all are funny to me with this steroid thing. :)

I just watched press conference,and Mariusz will try to fight more then once. I don't know if I want this. I always respected him as a sportsmen and a real pro. he really is a human machine and dominated the sport of strongman for few years.
Umm he was training a karate and boxing, but I don't know how much he can be good in this sport (mma) I don't want to see him get beat down, he is ambicoius as hell and when he doeas something he is doing it full speed.

Oh well, this fight will level up mma a bit in Poland. Pudzianowski is drawing so much attention. Btw. he is funny and always confident :tu
On the other hand Najman is not that great so hopefully Mariusz will win big.
But going forward after this fight? I don't know.
He said also that he did everything that was possible in Strongman so slowly it will be time to change more into mma and leave strongman competition.

btw.2 in strongman he is the most flexable guy from top guys

and this fight has no lbs limitation Mariusz weight now about 305 to 310 but he wants to get down to 280-285 before the fight.

desflood
09-18-2009, 03:35 PM
New Mexico Man Falls to His Death While Re-Enacting UFC Move
Friday, September 18, 2009

FARMINGTON, N.M. — A New Mexico man fell to his death from a third-story hotel window while re-enacting a move from the "Ultimate Fighting Championship."

Police say 25-year-old Darenell Jones was pushed into the window Wednesday night while celebrating the marriage of a family member at a Farmington hotel. Police said the people in the room were drinking.

They say the window broke and he fell 20 feet to the sidewalk below.

Jones was pronounced dead at the hospital. The case was forwarded to the district attorney's office for review.

The headline actually should have read: "Drunken Dumbass Kills Self; Family Looking for Scapegoat."

angelbelow
09-18-2009, 05:29 PM
kinda looks like a roided Cro Cop.

BlackSwordsMan
09-18-2009, 05:31 PM
tim sylvia fights today or does anyone really give a shit

BlackSwordsMan
09-18-2009, 05:32 PM
New Mexico Man Falls to His Death While Re-Enacting UFC Move
Friday, September 18, 2009

FARMINGTON, N.M. — A New Mexico man fell to his death from a third-story hotel window while re-enacting a move from the "Ultimate Fighting Championship."

Police say 25-year-old Darenell Jones was pushed into the window Wednesday night while celebrating the marriage of a family member at a Farmington hotel. Police said the people in the room were drinking.

They say the window broke and he fell 20 feet to the sidewalk below.

Jones was pronounced dead at the hospital. The case was forwarded to the district attorney's office for review.

The headline actually should have read: "Drunken Dumbass Kills Self; Family Looking for Scapegoat."
what move? just says they got drunk and fell

Evan
09-18-2009, 07:05 PM
tim sylvia fights today or does anyone really give a shit

I just realized this a couple days ago...not sure how it flew so small under the radar.

BlackSwordsMan
09-18-2009, 10:36 PM
I think it's on now I'll try get a sopcast link

BlackSwordsMan
09-18-2009, 10:55 PM
not even sherdog is covering this fight
poor sylvia

BlackSwordsMan
09-18-2009, 10:59 PM
http://www.atdhe.net/7547/watch-mma-tv

Evan
09-19-2009, 09:16 AM
http://i36.tinypic.com/15hbcaw.gif

polandprzem
09-19-2009, 09:52 AM
Who is that beast !?

:wow

BlackSwordsMan
09-19-2009, 11:22 AM
He looks like a maineiac

BlackSwordsMan
09-19-2009, 11:23 AM
until he fights someone with more than 2 wins in a pro mma event and gets his shit tossed

polandprzem
09-21-2009, 08:03 AM
I've checked what fights will gonna happen till the end of a year and it will get intresting.
karo vs hazellett,
duffee will get his chance against tough buetelo
Fitch against Almeida - just wow
and ofcourse boig names BJ vs Diego, randy vs barndon, Carwin vs Brock, Cain vs BigBen, really looking forward for the events.

LEONARD
09-21-2009, 10:56 AM
Hershel Walker signs with SF...

http://mmamania.com/2009/09/21/nfl-legend-herschel-walker-signs-with-strikeforce-for-mma-debut/

Will pull ratings...I'm sure he'll only fight once against a newb...

LEONARD
09-23-2009, 09:27 AM
Huerta not done...shocking! lol

http://mmamania.com/2009/09/23/ufc-quick-quote-roger-huerta-isnt-done-with-fighting-hes-done-with-losing/

Evan
09-24-2009, 12:13 AM
Hey folks...just FYI...

I got a ton of stuff & things going on for the next 3 to 4 weeks so I won't be on much...just don't think I quit.

I will be back...life is good...just going to be busy.

dbreiden83080
09-24-2009, 12:39 AM
Hey folks...just FYI...

I got a ton of stuff & things going on for the next 3 to 4 weeks so I won't be on much...just don't think I quit.

I will be back...life is good...just going to be busy.

You better chime in on your boy Machida UFC 104 defense..

LEONARD
09-24-2009, 04:23 PM
Couture vs Vera....

and Couture (for now I guess?) vs Vera...
http://www.bloodyelbow.com/2009/9/24/1052804/kerry-vera-vs-kim-couture-agreed

djohn14
09-25-2009, 11:32 PM
Anderson Silva---Vitor Belfort?

According to a new report, the UFC is putting together a middleweight championship bout between current title holder Anderson Silva and Vitor Belfort for UFC 108. The event is expected to be held on January 2nd in Las Vegas. Verbal agreements are in place, however the fight has yet to be made official.

Silva has been UFC Middleweight Champion for three years, and is coming off his non-title victory over Forrest Griffin at UFC 101. Belfort made his return to the company with a first-round KO of former middleweight champ Rich Franklin last weekend at UFC 103.

Credit: L.A. Times via 411mania/mma

Blackjack
09-26-2009, 12:22 AM
I think I'm going to pay to see that one.:hungry:

There's no way in hell I'm picking against Silva, but at least Vitor has the tools and talent to give you pause when he's on his game.

Has anyone ever heard from Forrest since his meltdown?

polandprzem
09-26-2009, 06:28 AM
I think I'm going to pay to see that one.:hungry:

There's no way in hell I'm picking against Silva, but at least Vitor has the tools and talent to give you pause when he's on his game.

Has anyone ever heard from Forrest since his meltdown?

I think I saw him in my town but I'm not sure. The guy was jogging, but was doing it so fast I can't tell it was him for sure.

:fight

desflood
09-26-2009, 05:04 PM
Forrest went back to training the week after the fight and I believe he actually got married this past Saturday.

dbreiden83080
09-26-2009, 05:10 PM
Forrest went back to training the week after the fight and I believe he actually got married this past Saturday.

I'm worried about him. Getting back on track after that loss, won't be easy..

desflood
09-26-2009, 05:19 PM
I'd worry about anybody else, but... if anyone was ever born a fighter, it's that guy. He'll come back strong, but as long as Machida's around he'll never be champ.

What the hell. As long as Machida's around, nobody else will be champ.

dbreiden83080
09-26-2009, 05:29 PM
I'd worry about anybody else, but... if anyone was ever born a fighter, it's that guy. He'll come back strong, but as long as Machida's around he'll never be champ.

What the hell. As long as Machida's around, nobody else will be champ.

As GREAT AS Machida is, i think we need to wait a few fights before we announce him as unbeatable He's great but we'll see, what happens when he faces some adversity, which is inevitable, i don't care how good you are, you'll get put in a bad spot. Right now he has people still confused as all hell with his style. But eventually, with enough tape to watch they'll make good adjustments and he'll have to re-adjust what he does..

dbreiden83080
09-26-2009, 08:25 PM
^Yup. Much like Nomo, eventually they will get use to his style. Great? Not yet; lets see what he's like when he loses, or gets rocked, dazed and bloodied.

I'm sold on Machida being a great fighter, but nobody is unbeatable..

Blackjack
09-27-2009, 02:40 PM
I think I saw him in my town but I'm not sure. The guy was jogging, but was doing it so fast I can't tell it was him for sure.

:fight

Was he jogging or run-ning?

Did it look like he was still in his same ring attire from the Silva Fight?

That's good to hear.:tu

All joking aside, the UFC needs guys like Forrest, and even if he's nothing more than a gatekeeper-type for the rest of his career, he's usually worth the price of admission and an easy guy to root for.

desflood
09-30-2009, 09:41 AM
The card has officially been announced for UFC 105. Overall, not so hot.

MAIN CARD

Randy Couture vs. Brandon Vera
Michael Bisping vs. Denis Kang
Dan Hardy vs. Mike Swick
Matt Brown vs. James Wilks
Ross Pearson vs. Aaron Riley

PRELIMINARY CARD

Terry Etim vs. Shannon Gugerty
John Hathaway vs. Paul Taylor
Nick Osipczak vs. Matthew Riddle
Alexander Gustafsson vs. Jared Hamman
Roli Delgado vs. Andre Winner

Rip-Hamilton32
09-30-2009, 09:58 AM
^^ that card is free on spike isn't it

oligarchy
09-30-2009, 10:38 AM
it better be.. it's trash.

desflood
09-30-2009, 10:41 AM
It's coming out of the UK, so I guess it'll be free. If I were a British fan, I'd be getting pretty ticked off at the low quality of fights they get over there.

Of course, for all my b*tching I'll watch it anyway, just to see Randy Couture and Matt Brown.

polandprzem
09-30-2009, 04:14 PM
o5ECYN3VPfI&NR=1

I'm sorry I had to put it somewhere :D

Evan
09-30-2009, 05:38 PM
great card this Friday on HDnet

http://maximumfighting.com/images/22PosterEvents.jpg

LEONARD
10-01-2009, 01:40 PM
MFGu8NYGxsU

oligarchy
10-01-2009, 01:48 PM
Why is your dad begging for money? You must hate Tito now.

LEONARD
10-01-2009, 01:51 PM
5th grade quality...I expect better...

polandprzem
10-02-2009, 12:16 AM
I'm not giving anybody my money as well. Fuck I agree with Tito on that one.

dbreiden83080
10-02-2009, 11:04 AM
MFGu8NYGxsU

I saw that yesterday

Good for Tito Fuck these pan-handlers..

dallaskd
10-03-2009, 03:25 PM
Lashley vs Waterman is tonight

dallaskd
10-03-2009, 03:38 PM
MFGu8NYGxsU

Tito came from the streets? He went to Huntington Beach High School. How does washing cars as a teenager qualify him to have been from the streets?

dbreiden83080
10-03-2009, 04:43 PM
Tito came from the streets? He went to Huntington Beach High School. How does washing cars as a teenager qualify him to have been from the streets?

He grew up poor, with his parents both being drug-addicts, did drugs, was in gangs, he says High School wrestling probably saved him from ending up in prison..

dallaskd
10-03-2009, 05:36 PM
Im not saying he didnt grow up rough, but i had many friends that were the same way in high school. Drug-addict parents, gang members. Its not un-normal, especially in mma fighters. But there is no way Tito can compare himself to a homeless, beggar that lives under the freeway. At least he still went to a nice ass high school in Orange County.

He grew up poor, with his parents both being drug-addicts, did drugs, was in gangs, he says High School wrestling probably saved him from ending up in prison..

The only drug he admitted to using in his book was marijuana. Id put money I have a faaaaaaar more decorated drug history than Tito. I think he did a lot with what he was born into, but I was grew up with kids who had it way worse so I have trouble feeling sympathy for him. He could have at least thrown the dude a few bucks.

dbreiden83080
10-03-2009, 07:48 PM
It almost looks like that guy was going to test Tito's chin. We all know what happens when you tap that chin.

Yes we do, he takes a hell of a shot..

dallaskd
10-04-2009, 04:02 PM
vzuLTS40gW0

dbreiden83080
10-04-2009, 04:06 PM
vzuLTS40gW0

Yeah i saw that, he looked nervous as all hell

He was very new at it..

desflood
10-07-2009, 09:24 AM
Ricco Rodriguez's weigh-in photo for ADCC

http://i38.tinypic.com/t00mfl.jpg

Compared to what he used to be

http://i35.tinypic.com/2wgcht1.jpg

He's come a long way.

desflood
10-07-2009, 08:44 PM
From bloodyelbow:

"Junie Browning was recently arrested for assaulting three nurses at St. Rose Dominican Hospital in Henderson, Nevada, after The Ultimate Fighter (TUF) 8 alum was admitted for taking 16 pills of Klonopin — an anti-anxiety drug — "in an attempt to harm himself," according to the Las Vegas Review Journal." -- MMA Mania Junie told the nurses: "Do you know who I am? I will kill you and rape your family."

dallaskd
10-07-2009, 08:46 PM
good to hear junie is doing well

polandprzem
10-09-2009, 01:30 AM
Dana about 104 & brock vs Carwin, bit fedor

http://espn.go.com/video/clip?id=4540772&categoryid=2881270

fantastic videoclip

http://vids.myspace.com/index.cfm?fuseaction=vids.individual&VideoID=19573468

dallaskd
10-09-2009, 08:54 PM
Arlovski is joining the Greg Jackson camp. Good step for his career. :tu

dbreiden83080
10-09-2009, 10:23 PM
Arlovski is joining the Greg Jackson camp. Good step for his career. :tu

That camp might be getting too big...

dallaskd
10-09-2009, 11:43 PM
nah couture's camp is like twice the size.

Evan
10-10-2009, 01:43 PM
Ricco Rodriguez's weigh-in photo for ADCC

http://i38.tinypic.com/t00mfl.jpg

Compared to what he used to be

http://i35.tinypic.com/2wgcht1.jpg

He's come a long way.

oh wow...I didn't even recognize him. I bet he feels so much better.

dbreiden83080
10-10-2009, 09:45 PM
Awesome... :toast

Spike TV has made the official announcement that they will carry the UFC 105: Couture vs. Vera event on November 14th. The event takes place at the MEN Arena in Manchester, England and will air on tape delay on Spike TV at 8PM ET. Here is the official card for the event. Randy Couture vs. Brandon Vera is the main event, with Dan Hardy vs. Mike Swick named the night's co-main event.

TV CARD:
* Randy Couture vs. Brandon Vera
* Dan Hardy vs. Mike Swick
* Michael Bisping vs. Denis Kang
* Matt Brown vs. James Wilks
* Ross Pearson vs. Aaron Riley

PRELIMINARY CARD:
* Terry Etim vs. Shannon Gugerty
* John Hathaway vs. Paul Taylor
* Nick Osipczak vs. Matthew Riddle
* Alexander Gustafsson vs. Jared Hamman
* Roli Delgado vs. Andre Winner

dallaskd
10-10-2009, 10:02 PM
great card. Bisping and Hardy gonna fall in front of the home crowd though..

Evan
10-10-2009, 10:14 PM
thats a really good card and yeah ROLI!

Rip-Hamilton32
10-10-2009, 11:37 PM
Matt Brown is gonna mess Wilks up

dbreiden83080
10-11-2009, 01:32 PM
great card. Bisping and Hardy gonna fall in front of the home crowd though..

Hardy is fighting for the right to get waxed by GSP.. :lol

dallaskd
10-11-2009, 01:57 PM
Swick will sub Hardy, and GSP will destroy Swick in about 2-3 minutes.

dallaskd
10-11-2009, 02:05 PM
Chuck Liddell is on The Simpsons tonight..

polandprzem
10-12-2009, 07:43 AM
jWQ1AyGUFsQ&NR=1

If anybody havent't seen it

angelbelow
10-12-2009, 08:34 PM
jWQ1AyGUFsQ&NR=1

If anybody havent't seen it

yikes

desflood
10-13-2009, 11:45 AM
“The UFC is a great event, but the Americans do everything so that you cannot get the advantage,” he said. “They [do] everything to get you down. American is American, they want to see Americans with the belt and so eliminate as many Brazilians as possible…” - Paulo Filho

Wow. Better tell Anderson Silva, GSP and Lyoto Machida that we don't want them holding their respective belts anymore :lol
Well, technically I suppose GSP is a North American and therefore should be allowed to keep his.

dbreiden83080
10-13-2009, 12:52 PM
“The UFC is a great event, but the Americans do everything so that you cannot get the advantage,” he said. “They [do] everything to get you down. American is American, they want to see Americans with the belt and so eliminate as many Brazilians as possible…” - Paulo Filho

Wow. Better tell Anderson Silva, GSP and Lyoto Machida that we don't want them holding their respective belts anymore :lol
Well, technically I suppose GSP is a North American and therefore should be allowed to keep his.

:lmao

Evan
10-13-2009, 04:47 PM

Idiot

Naturally the UFC would like their popular fighters to SPEAK English enough to do interviews but Filho sounds pretty stupid here and they don't give a fuck where they come from.

djohn14
10-13-2009, 06:43 PM
Im hearing some rumors of a possible Kimbo Slice/Houston Alexander fight at UFC 107

dallaskd
10-13-2009, 07:31 PM
Filho is still butt hurt he got boo'd out of every WEC fight he was in.

dbreiden83080
10-13-2009, 09:05 PM
im hearing some rumors of a possible kimbo slice/houston alexander fight at ufc 107

polandprzem
10-14-2009, 07:01 AM

It's annouced as a HW battle

desflood
10-14-2009, 01:13 PM
Video interview of Junie Browning.

http://www.rawvegas.tv/watch/junie-browning-issues-apology/f63e2bd61744b466c5fa9ed45b2c41

I didn't know until after this incident that Junie is actually bipolar and has depression - which means I am done badmouthing the guy. Either of those mental issues can be crippling alone, but to deal with both... he needs sympathy, empathy and the right combination of meds more than anything else. My public apologies to him for making untrue assumptions about his actions and state of mind (like he's ever going to read this :lol).

angelbelow
10-14-2009, 02:29 PM
Video interview of Junie Browning.

http://www.rawvegas.tv/watch/junie-browning-issues-apology/f63e2bd61744b466c5fa9ed45b2c41

I didn't know until after this incident that Junie is actually bipolar and has depression - which means I am done badmouthing the guy. Either of those mental issues can be crippling alone, but to deal with both... he needs sympathy, empathy and the right combination of meds more than anything else. My public apologies to him for making untrue assumptions about his actions and state of mind (like he's ever going to read this :lol).

I cant say that those conditions of his surprise me. He definitely acted like a guy who wanted some attention and was insecure.

desflood
10-14-2009, 04:13 PM
Bipolar disorder and depression are both very serious issues having absolutely nothing to do with "wanting some attention".

djohn14
10-14-2009, 06:04 PM
Im sure many of you know but...

According to sherdog.com, Muhammed "King Mo" Lawal has signed a multi-fight deal with Strikeforce. Lawal will fight in the company's light heavyweight division, and could debut as soon as December for the promotion. Lawal is currently 5-0, and recently defeated Mark Kerr in 25-seconds at the M-1 Breakthrough event.

411mania/mma

Stringer_Bell
10-14-2009, 08:15 PM
Bipolar disorder and depression are both very serious issues having absolutely nothing to do with "wanting some attention".

Exactly, there was nothing in his behavior that could have ever led us (the viewing audience) to believe had any sort of mental illness. His destructive attitude and tendency to isolate himself from others was not a sign of depression. His mood swings and outbursts were not signs of bipolar disorder. Nothing anti-social about him whatsoever...

Ya, he just seemed like a run of the mill jerk that tried to channel his aggression into cage fighting. My bad for not feeling sorry sooner. :hat

desflood
10-14-2009, 11:05 PM
Exactly, there was nothing in his behavior that could have ever led us (the viewing audience) to believe had any sort of mental illness. His destructive attitude and tendency to isolate himself from others was not a sign of depression. His mood swings and outbursts were not signs of bipolar disorder. Nothing anti-social about him whatsoever...

Ya, he just seemed like a run of the mill jerk that tried to channel his aggression into cage fighting. My bad for not feeling sorry sooner. :hat
At the time he just appeared to be an alcoholic asshole. Now, of course, it's obvious that the alcoholism is one of his symptoms (it's a very common self-medication for people with all sorts of mental health problems) rather than the actual problem. Hindsight is 20/20, but I feel pretty stupid for judging him so harshly without knowing the backstory. That's not my typical MO.

desflood
10-15-2009, 09:59 AM
Taken from Crocop's wikipedia page:

"Mirko is going to make hes lhw debut on january 2 at ufc 108 against Keith Jardine, this will be the first time hes going to fight at 205 pounds."

I'm all for a good rumor, so long as it's not delivered by some partially-literate half-wit. Why are people like this allowed to edit wiki?

dallaskd
10-15-2009, 06:39 PM
Doubt it happens, but it would be nice.

desflood
10-19-2009, 11:23 AM
UFC 106 is taking shape.

Brock Lesnar vs. Shane Carwin - heavyweight championship
Tito Ortiz vs. Forrest Griffin
Antonio Rogerio Nogueira vs. Luiz Cane*
Jon Fitch vs. Ricardo Almeida
Karo Parisyan vs. Dustin Hazelett

Amir Sadollah vs. Phil Baroni
Marcus Davis vs. Ben Saunders
Brock Larson vs. Brian Foster*
Caol Uno vs. Fabricio Camoes*
Kendall Grove vs. Jake Rosholt
George Sotiropoulos vs. Jason Dent

*Not yet officially announced by the UFC

I love every single fight on this card. What a thing of beauty.

dbreiden83080
10-19-2009, 12:09 PM
UFC 106 is taking shape.

Will be buying this one. The Co-Main event and Main event is awesome..

tlongII
10-19-2009, 01:40 PM
UFC 106 is taking shape.

That is a GREAT card! I wonder if they will up the PPV price for this?

cornbread
10-19-2009, 08:14 PM

Sick fight card. I hope there are too many decision because I want to see all of these fights.

dallaskd
10-19-2009, 08:29 PM
Cane is gonna bust up lil' nog.

Officer Slater
10-19-2009, 09:47 PM
MMA?

fuck that shit

djohn14
10-19-2009, 10:23 PM
Cane is gonna bust up lil' nog.

Afraid so

cornbread
10-20-2009, 10:13 PM
UFC signed Rolles Gracie and he's fighting at UFC 109.

http://www.mmaweekly.com/absolutenm/templates/dailynews.asp?articleid=9816&zoneid=13

BlackSwordsMan
10-20-2009, 11:53 PM
I'd love to see tito get the shit beat out of him and to see forrest somehow knock himself out

cornbread
10-20-2009, 11:54 PM

oligarchy
10-21-2009, 12:02 AM
I'd love to see tito get the shit beat out of him and to see forrest somehow knock himself out

Maybe beating up Tito and then running out of the cage and hitting his head on the gate?

desflood
10-22-2009, 09:09 AM
Drat.

A UFC 106 bout has been struck from the night's main card; welterweight Jon Fitch (19-3 MMA, 10-1 UFC) says opponent Ricardo Almeida (11-3 MMA, 4-3 UFC) "blew out his knee" and was forced out of the event.

Fitch made the announced via Facebook and said he'll get a "bigger fight instead," – one "lots of you have been waiting for" – possibly on a later card.

UFC 106 takes place Nov. 21 at the Mandalay Bay Events Center in Las Vegas and airs on pay-per-view.

djohn14
10-22-2009, 05:00 PM
Late last night it was reported that Ricardo Almeida blew out his knee and is out of UFC 106. There was speculation that Fitch could face off with Matt Hughes, but MMAJunkie.com is reporting that Fitch could rematch with Thiago Alves at UFC 107. The rematch is far from official, as the UFC has not even "officially" cancelled the Fitch vs. Almeida bout.

411 mania/MMA

djohn14
10-22-2009, 10:02 PM
Late last night it was reported that Ricardo Almeida blew out his knee and is out of UFC 106. There was speculation that Fitch could face off with Matt Hughes, but MMAJunkie.com is reporting that Fitch could rematch with Thiago Alves at UFC 107. The rematch is far from official, as the UFC has not even "officially" cancelled the Fitch vs. Almeida bout.

411 mania/MMA

Dana Confirmed The Rematch!

dbreiden83080
10-22-2009, 11:43 PM
Dana Confirmed The Rematch!

Hell of a fight, lets go Fitch..

polandprzem
10-23-2009, 08:08 AM
Damn I'd better see alves vs thiago

Too bad almeida broke down :(

polandprzem
10-24-2009, 11:01 AM
In 4 hours or so Andrew Golota vs Tomasz Adamek in boxing match

polandprzem
10-25-2009, 05:40 AM
Hey guys when do you change the time?

Evan
10-25-2009, 08:33 AM
Hey guys when do you change the time?
November 1 , 2am.

polandprzem
10-25-2009, 09:33 AM
November 1 , 2am.
Thank you

Damn :(

djohn14
10-26-2009, 03:32 PM
I have a pretty good source that told me an hour or so ago that Brock Lesnar would withdraw from his fight against Shane Carwin....I dont know if its true, but its a valid source.

desflood
10-27-2009, 07:49 AM
Rampage shows his immature, whiny side once again - this is taken from his new blog post:

I was watching the fight this weekend with the director of the A Team movie, the movie crew & a couple of actors & I never been ashamed to be a part of MMA till now. The UFC looked like assholes this weekend. The main event was boring. I anticipated that because let's be real.. Machida is a boring fighter. But Shogun getting robbed like that was pretty cut throat. Then you hear Joe Rogan say you "you have to beat the champ to be a champ." & that made me think the UFC are full of shit! Not to be whiny here but I still don't feel like I've been beat in the UFC.. but I'm not champ anymore. If the UFC gives Shogun an immediate rematch because of the controversial loss then that would validate everything I have said about the UFC in my recent posts & why I'm pissed at the UFC. But yet he deserves one & so have I deserved one against Forrest.

The reason why I was ashamed of the UFC is because some people around me were saying that the UFC is becoming corrupt like boxing & asked me is that stuff real? Most of the people from the A Team movie were just watching it because I was watching it & they don't know much about MMA & were starting to get into it but last night they didn't have anything good to say about my sport. So I was so ashamed.

One good thing came out of the fight last night. Rashad looked more like a bitch. If he would have just tried to fight Machida instead of just nutting up he probably could have done better. I saw every last one of Machida's weaknesses this last weekend. No wonder TUF is editing Rahsad to try to make him look good cause they need all their fighters to sell tickets. They never should have tried to make me look bad cause I'm the wrong person to pull that type of crap with. Cause I don't give a fuck about the TUF show or about the UFC. There's not another fighter on this planet that can do what I do & they know it. I don't need them. All they did was fucken piss me off. & any fighter on my team who says they lost a fight because of my coaching can fucken kiss my ass & say that shit to my face. It's very easy to point the fingers when you lose. But I can't get into the cage & fight for ya'll. I can only fight for myself. & for all you UFC & TUF fans out there, here's a big announcement.... IT'S A DAMN TV SHOW! With how much footage they got & how much editing they did, they can make anyone look the way they want. This is my last time blogging about this damn TUF show. Just because I don't go into the cage when a fighter loses & cry all over him & hug on him makes me a bad person? I have many reasons why I don't go into the cage cause when I'm pissed I make bad decisions. So you guys say whatever you want to say about me, all the crap you want about Rampage, but one thing I'm gonna tell you is that Rampage is real & straight up Rashad is fake as hell. When I was coaching the show, I forgot that Rashad won the first heavyweight TUF show. I didn't think about the outcome or editing of the TUF show & them promoting their own. I don't see nothing wrong with that but don't do it on another guy's expense.

The UFC needs to get some new judges before I even think about coming back. I want the hardcore fans to go back & watch all the fights that you thought was kinda shady with the judges in the UFC & TUF & write down the names of the judges so you guys can complain & have a voice. Do your homework. This sport wouldn't be what it is without the fans. Its hard for me to believe that the UFC is so successful & has over 100 shows & can't tell who wins a fight. How is it that they can't tell who wins a fight on an important title fight? Me doing TUF 10 & seeing how they edited it now & seeing how Wes Shivers lost his fight is making me very skeptical about the UFC. Note to TUF: Anybody involved in making the TUF show do me a big favor... Don't look at me cause you're fake. Don't talk to me cause you're fake. Don't even think about me cause you're fake. & if you do you might just get cussed the fuck out.

dbreiden83080
10-27-2009, 11:15 AM
Rampage shows his immature, whiny side once again - this is taken from his new blog post:

I was watching the fight this weekend with the director of the A Team movie, the movie crew & a couple of actors & I never been ashamed to be a part of MMA till now. The UFC looked like assholes this weekend. The main event was boring. I anticipated that because let's be real.. Machida is a boring fighter. But Shogun getting robbed like that was pretty cut throat. Then you hear Joe Rogan say you "you have to beat the champ to be a champ." & that made me think the UFC are full of shit! Not to be whiny here but I still don't feel like I've been beat in the UFC.. but I'm not champ anymore. If the UFC gives Shogun an immediate rematch because of the controversial loss then that would validate everything I have said about the UFC in my recent posts & why I'm pissed at the UFC. But yet he deserves one & so have I deserved one against Forrest.

The reason why I was ashamed of the UFC is because some people around me were saying that the UFC is becoming corrupt like boxing & asked me is that stuff real? Most of the people from the A Team movie were just watching it because I was watching it & they don't know much about MMA & were starting to get into it but last night they didn't have anything good to say about my sport. So I was so ashamed.

One good thing came out of the fight last night. Rashad looked more like a bitch. If he would have just tried to fight Machida instead of just nutting up he probably could have done better. I saw every last one of Machida's weaknesses this last weekend. No wonder TUF is editing Rahsad to try to make him look good cause they need all their fighters to sell tickets. They never should have tried to make me look bad cause I'm the wrong person to pull that type of crap with. Cause I don't give a fuck about the TUF show or about the UFC. There's not another fighter on this planet that can do what I do & they know it. I don't need them. All they did was fucken piss me off. & any fighter on my team who says they lost a fight because of my coaching can fucken kiss my ass & say that shit to my face. It's very easy to point the fingers when you lose. But I can't get into the cage & fight for ya'll. I can only fight for myself. & for all you UFC & TUF fans out there, here's a big announcement.... IT'S A DAMN TV SHOW! With how much footage they got & how much editing they did, they can make anyone look the way they want. This is my last time blogging about this damn TUF show. Just because I don't go into the cage when a fighter loses & cry all over him & hug on him makes me a bad person? I have many reasons why I don't go into the cage cause when I'm pissed I make bad decisions. So you guys say whatever you want to say about me, all the crap you want about Rampage, but one thing I'm gonna tell you is that Rampage is real & straight up Rashad is fake as hell. When I was coaching the show, I forgot that Rashad won the first heavyweight TUF show. I didn't think about the outcome or editing of the TUF show & them promoting their own. I don't see nothing wrong with that but don't do it on another guy's expense.

The UFC needs to get some new judges before I even think about coming back. I want the hardcore fans to go back & watch all the fights that you thought was kinda shady with the judges in the UFC & TUF & write down the names of the judges so you guys can complain & have a voice. Do your homework. This sport wouldn't be what it is without the fans. Its hard for me to believe that the UFC is so successful & has over 100 shows & can't tell who wins a fight. How is it that they can't tell who wins a fight on an important title fight? Me doing TUF 10 & seeing how they edited it now & seeing how Wes Shivers lost his fight is making me very skeptical about the UFC. Note to TUF: Anybody involved in making the TUF show do me a big favor... Don't look at me cause you're fake. Don't talk to me cause you're fake. Don't even think about me cause you're fake. & if you do you might just get cussed the fuck out.

I don't disagree with everything he said there actually..:lol

The TroutBum
10-28-2009, 11:37 AM
I don't disagree with everything he said there actually..:lol

No shit. I'm not Rampage supporter by any stretch, but I TOLD YOU GUYS this shit was going on, and with the addition of THAT BUTT FUCK Lesner, it would only get worse. The TRUE sport of MMA is leaving the UFC, and the WWF is slowly moving in.

BlackSwordsMan
10-28-2009, 02:00 PM
I like how rampage has to include himself in the mix he got his ass beat

djohn14
10-28-2009, 03:17 PM
Anthony Johnson and Josh Koscheck at 106!

polandprzem
10-28-2009, 04:40 PM

will Johnson be able to make the weight?

stretch
10-28-2009, 04:56 PM
lol

djohn14
10-28-2009, 09:32 PM
Dude...Anthony Johnson is the real deal, and yes he'll make weight. He failed (miserably at that) at making weight once. Thiago Alves has done it 2 or 3 times. Its sad, but it happens.

dbreiden83080
10-28-2009, 11:19 PM

Thank you, this is what i was talking about with Dallas. This dude needs to fight someone already, this is a fight...

Stringer_Bell
10-28-2009, 11:26 PM

I don't know that it's enough for a co-main event, but it will be a throwdown. Johnson throwing Koscheck down, that is.

dbreiden83080
10-28-2009, 11:29 PM
I don't know that it's enough for a co-main event, but it will be a throwdown. Johnson throwing Koscheck down, that is.

Huge fight for both guys, real exciting match-up. Kos can't afford to lose this one and Johnson can make a huge statement with a great performance..

polandprzem
10-29-2009, 05:14 AM
If Johnson is a real deal we gonna know after this fight.
Kos a great wrestler and a good standup guy now, let's see if he will try to put Anthony on the ground first.

desflood
10-30-2009, 01:52 PM
Forrest Griffin actually gives a serious interview occasionally.

About the people who criticized his behavior after the Silva fight: "They've never put themselves into something, given of themselves so much and cared about something so much that not getting it broke them."

CHKoBDBC7dI

desflood
11-02-2009, 11:50 AM
An great story from Pat Barry, who was so broke before his fight that he was eating ketchup on white rice just to put something into his stomach. Interview from middleeasy.com.

"It wasn't until Tuesday when I got back home that I got a knock on the door, a special delivery for me. I opened it up and when I saw it, I was like, 'What the...' They weren't joking man they seriously sent me a check for $120,000. I wrote to Joe Silva and said if this was an April Fool's joke, let me know because I'm about to jump up and down and take off my clothes and run around the street naked. They said it was real man, it was real.

I walk outside to get my car and my car doesn't start so I've got on a t-shirt and I've got some pink stripy shorts on, some flip-flops and a black eye. So I've got to stand in the street and flag people down, and I'm sweating...I've got to flag people down with a black eye and sweat marks to try to get me a jump.

I finally get this guy and I say 'Yo man, I have a $120,000 in my pocket...can you give me a jump?'. Hey was like 'Yeah man I'll give you a jump'. It looked like 'Hey man can you help me jump start this car I'm trying to steal right now'. I go to the bank, I'm sweaty, I've got the black eye, I haven't shaven in two days, I'm strung out because I haven't slept, I have green circles under my eyes so I'm like 'Can I have a deposit slip mam?'. She gives it to me, I fill it out hand it to her. She looks at the deposit slip, then the check, then looks at me and says 'Excuse me I'll be right back'. Then a manager comes out, a guy in a suit and says 'What seems to be the problem?'. I was like 'Well I have a black eye, that's the only problem I know this looks really ridiculous'. So he asks me for my ID, I hand him my license an he's like 'Your license says Pat Barry, but this check was written to Patrick Barry'. So I decided to be funny and tell him Pat Barry is in my trunk right now. He didnt laugh.:lol So I told him take your time man do whatever you need to do because I have no where to go and my truck probably wont start when I go outside so you can just do whatever you need to do. An hour later he came back and everything was fine, the check was in my bank account."

DarkReign
11-02-2009, 02:23 PM
^ Thats an awesome story.

polandprzem
11-03-2009, 02:17 AM
They couldn't find Patrick Barry?

Wow an hour later ... :rolleyes

djohn14
11-04-2009, 06:45 PM
VELASQUEZ-NOGUERIA!!!!!!!!

A heavyweight showdown between fellow title contenders, Antonio Rodrigo Nogueira and Cain Velasquez, appears to be all set for UFC 108.

According to Tatame.com, Nogueira’s manager recently confirmed the bout to Sensei Sportv’s blog.

UFC 108 is expected to take place on January 2 from Las Vegas, Nevada, with a possible heavyweight championship bout between Brock Lesnar and Shane Carwin acting as the headliner.

The winner of the bout between Nogueira and Velasquez will likely be next in line for a crack at the UFC heavyweight championship.

Nogueira is fresh off of his fight of the night victory over Randy Couture at UFC 102 following a TKO defeat at the hands of Frank Mir during UFC 92, while Velasquez has yet to taste defeat in his professional career, most recently racking up back to back victories over the likes of Cheick Kongo and Ben Rothwell.

Credit: Five Ounces Of Pain

dallaskd
11-04-2009, 08:09 PM
Nog outboxes him. Cain will take him down, beat him up a little. Nog will sub him in the second round. I could also see Cain beating Nog up for a decision too.

djohn14
11-04-2009, 10:27 PM
Big Nog was and still is a great fighter...one of the best. But I cant go against Cain. I put all my faith in him. I believe he is the real deal, and I will continue to do so until he proves not worthy. I am by no means counting Nog out however.

Zion21
11-05-2009, 02:09 PM
http://rewardslink.info/flash/images/21.gif

dbreiden83080
11-05-2009, 04:27 PM
Cain wins by decision..

Evan
11-05-2009, 06:11 PM
Cain takes it...Nog is breaking down and I have been saying forever the dude is way older than he claims.

dallaskd
11-05-2009, 09:25 PM
Cain takes it...Nog is breaking down and I have been saying forever the dude is way older than he claims.

I could believe that. Dikembe Mutombo doesnt even know his real age. They guessed it. He says he is actually older than his age listed.

The TroutBum
11-06-2009, 02:18 AM
Honestly, I've never really followed Cain, nor had I seen him fight before the last PPV -- and I must say, I hope he gets his fucking bell rung. Why? "Brown Pride" tattoo'd all over his chest. I HATE that shit. How is that any different than a white guy getting "White Pride" tatted up on his chest? Oh, that's right, the white guy would be slammed by every media outlet in the world, he'd be kicked out of the UFC, and he'd never fight anywhere again.

I repeat, I HATE THAT SHIT. Go ahead, be proud, but don't be a butt fuck.

robbie380
11-06-2009, 10:44 AM
Honestly, I've never really followed Cain, nor had I seen him fight before the last PPV -- and I must say, I hope he gets his fucking bell rung. Why? "Brown Pride" tattoo'd all over his chest. I HATE that shit. How is that any different than a white guy getting "White Pride" tatted up on his chest? Oh, that's right, the white guy would be slammed by every media outlet in the world, he'd be kicked out of the UFC, and he'd never fight anywhere again.

I repeat, I HATE THAT SHIT. Go ahead, be proud, but don't be a butt fuck.

yeah it's pretty douchey. big nog will submit his ass. i like cain but i can't seem him standing a chance against big nog if big nog is healthy.

dallaskd
11-06-2009, 07:52 PM
Thats probably the biggest douche tattoo ive ever seen

BlackSwordsMan
11-09-2009, 03:21 PM
what a fucking joke mma is becoming
"Coolio will be replacing DMX in the anticipated MMA (Mixed Martial Arts) brawl that DMX backed away from last week.

As reported earlier, DMX was slated to jump in the ring against fighter Eric Martinez next month but the rapper pulled out citing safety concerns.

The promoter for the fight, Thunder Promotions, claimed that DMX wanted the fight fixed and they shot down his request.

According to TMZ, Coolio will now be taking on Martinez in Alabama on December 12th.

Thunder Promotions claims Coolio is taking the upcoming brawl ‘seriously’."

dbreiden83080
11-09-2009, 03:28 PM
"Coolio will be replacing DMX in the anticipated MMA (Mixed Martial Arts) brawl that DMX backed away from last week.

As reported earlier, DMX was slated to jump in the ring against fighter Eric Martinez next month but the rapper pulled out citing safety concerns.

The promoter for the fight, Thunder Promotions, claimed that DMX wanted the fight fixed and they shot down his request.

According to TMZ, Coolio will now be taking on Martinez in Alabama on December 12th.

Thunder Promotions claims Coolio is taking the upcoming brawl ‘seriously’."

Don't pay any attention to the freak shows, that's not real MMA

dallaskd
11-09-2009, 07:15 PM
"coolio will be replacing dmx in the anticipated mma (mixed martial arts) brawl that dmx backed away from last week.

As reported earlier, dmx was slated to jump in the ring against fighter eric martinez next month but the rapper pulled out citing safety concerns.

The promoter for the fight, thunder promotions, claimed that dmx wanted the fight fixed and they shot down his request.

according to tmz, coolio will now be taking on martinez in alabama on december 12th.

Thunder promotions claims coolio is taking the upcoming brawl ‘seriously’."

desflood
11-14-2009, 08:24 AM
James Malec was on Friday sentenced to a maximum of 15 years in prison after being convicted of voluntary manslaughter in the shooting death of his stepson, UFC and EliteXC veteran Justin Eilers, this past December in Canyon County, Idaho, according to IdahoStatesman.com.

Malec was convicted of the crime in September and will serve a minimum of six-and-a-half years.

The sentence was the maximum allowed under the manslaughter guideline. Prosecutors had initially sought a second-degree murder charge, which would have carried a heavier penalty.

cornbread
11-14-2009, 12:09 PM
Holy crap. An actual omoplata finish!! Joe Rogan must have busted a nut when he saw this. It happens at about 2:50 into the video.
c7UYriCtRn8

dbreiden83080
11-14-2009, 12:24 PM
Why? "Brown Pride" tattoo'd all over his chest. I HATE that shit. How is that any different than a white guy getting "White Pride" tatted up on his chest? Oh, that's right, the white guy would be slammed by every media outlet in the world, he'd be kicked out of the UFC, and he'd never fight anywhere again.

Gotta agree with you here..

dallaskd
11-14-2009, 06:04 PM
Holy crap. An actual omoplata finish!! Joe Rogan must have busted a nut when he saw this. It happens at about 2:50 into the video.
c7UYriCtRn8

damn and he was getting worked bad..

Blackjack
11-18-2009, 12:03 AM
Evans-Silva headlines UFC 108 (http://sports.yahoo.com/mma/news?slug=ys-mmaweekrs111709&prov=yhoo&type=lgns)
By MMAWeekly.com staff

A light heavyweight tilt between Rashad Evans and Thiago Silva has been moved to main event status at UFC 108 on Jan. 2 in Las Vegas.

The fight was given a bump after heavyweight headliner Antonio Rodrigo Nogueira was forced to withdraw from a headlining bout with Cain Velasquez due to a severe staph infection.

The UFC announced the change Monday in an official press release.

“The bout between Rashad Evans and Thiago Silva is a fight we always talked about as a main event, and now these guys have the chance to headline UFC 108 and kick off the New Year in impressive fashion,” UFC President Dana White said in the release. “At the same time, we wish Antonio Nogueira a speedy recovery and can’t wait for his return.”

Nogueira apologized to his fans for the change in plans.

“I am so disappointed,” the 33-year-old Nogueira said. “I am sorry to my fans, but I have learned from my mistakes, and I’m not going into a fight unless I can give 100 percent my best performance. I have to be in top form, and then I can guarantee an exciting fight, a battle like what they saw at UFC 102.

“I appreciate all the fans around the world who are supporting me right now so much, and my next fight, a great fight, I give to them.”

The former Pride champion’s illness was just the latest in a string of injuries and withdrawals that have drastically altered the promotion’s cards through the first quarter of 2010. In a press conference following last weekend’s UFC 105, White said he had never experienced such a high volume of withdrawals in his nine years at the promotion’s helm.

“Being able to get right back in the mix and right back into a main event is an honor,” Evans said. “This is the first step in getting my title back. Thiago is a dangerous fighter standing up and on the ground and I always relish an opportunity to fight the best and put on a great show for the fans.”

“I feel that the bigger the fight, the better I do,” Silva said. “Being in the main event for a UFC card has always been a goal of mine. Rashad is a great fighter, but he’d better come prepared in all aspects of mixed martial arts.”

--------------

The right move by Nogueira but it still sucks..

Griffin-Ortiz?

Evans-Silva?

Good fights, but a stretch for Main-Events...

dbreiden83080
11-18-2009, 02:06 AM
Rahsad will lose he fucking sucks and the Page fight is gone maybe forever, as much as i love him it's all Page's fault..

desflood
11-18-2009, 12:05 PM
If any of the locals are interested, Fox is having a feature on the topic of children participating in mma tonight at 9 p.m.

djohn14
11-18-2009, 06:38 PM
According to Yahoo Sports!, Lyoto Machida and Mauricio "Shogun" Rua will meet in a light heavyweight title rematch in Montreal on May 1.

----------------------------------------------------------------

The rematch between Lyoto “The Dragon” Machida and Mauricio “Shogun” Rua for the Ultimate Fighting Championship light heavyweight belt is set.

“Lyoto Machida will fight May 1 in Montreal against ‘Shogun’,” Dana White told Yahoo! Sports on Wednesday.

White had promised a rematch as soon as possible after the unbeaten Machida defeated Rua in a unanimous but highly debated decision on Oct. 24 at the Staples Center in Los Angeles. White was one of many onlookers who believed Rua had won the fight.

All three judges disagreed, allowing Machida to retain his championship, giving Machida scores of 48-47 across the baord.

A rematch was tentatively scheduled for Jan 2, 2010 in Las Vegas, but was postponed while Machida recovered from minor injuries.

The fight will headline the UFC’s third-annual spring event in Montreal, where it twice staged sold-out shows at the city’s 21,000-seat Bell Centre. Hometown hero Georges St. Pierre reclaimed his welterweight championship against Matt Serra at UFC 83 in April 2008. Middleweight champion Anderson Silva defended his belt against Thales Leites at UFC 97 in April 2009.

BlackSwordsMan
11-19-2009, 01:06 PM
jan 2 to may 1 for minor injuries? what a pussy

dbreiden83080
11-19-2009, 01:15 PM
not sure that's a main event that will excite too many people in Canada..

They might still feel burned by the crapfest that was Silva and Leites..

BlackSwordsMan
11-19-2009, 03:38 PM
''Karo Parisyan has fucked over the UFC, the fans and his opponent again!!! He will not be fighting saturday or ever again in the UFC!!''

H.A.L.
11-19-2009, 03:38 PM
This thread is now closed it has a continuation thread 139949HERE