PDA

View Full Version : Off-Topic/Minor MMA News and Notes

Pages : 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 [8] 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16

cornbread
08-31-2008, 12:16 PM
When the IFL deal is done, UFC should give this guy a look.
Brazilian Top Team
Mario Sperry & Murillo Bustamante blackbelt
Greco Roman, Freestyle, sub-grappling, and bjj champ in Brazil

He has that top-side, heavy pressure, aggressive grappling game that translates to some mean mma.
RL1Bz2vivJw

Word is that Marcello Salazar is being added to the Affliction card in October.

Evan
08-31-2008, 01:49 PM
That sucks...I would have loved to see him in the UFC.

dbreiden83080
08-31-2008, 02:43 PM
Lesnar is on a huge PR high..he's the real deal...no doubt. Standing and looking capable against Mir and winning vs Herring is nothing short of amazing. He's a HW version of Tito who can actually win.

Thinking about seeing Congo Vs Lesnar gets me excited but Randy Vs Lesnar has me hunched over grunting with my shorts around my ankles wasting DNA.

Agreed but don't ya think the UFC does not need to rush into this?? If Randy is coming back and it is a 3 fight deal then it appears he has let go of his desire to fight Fedor (The Tim Sylvia beatdown may have had something to do with that)

If the UFC wants him on the Nov card, why not have Randy fight ______ in the main event, along with Brock VS ______ in the Co main event? You sell a truckload of tickets and PPV buys that way and if you put them up against credible guys, but guys they match up well with then, you can sell the shit out of a Brock Vs Randy fight next. I think it is a bit much to be doing this right now. I saw the UFC 87 post-fight press conference and White laughed at the thought that Brock was ready for a shot at the title. He said "He has only 1 win in the UFC, he looked great tonight but he needs time" Now maybe he won't fight Randy for the belt but Randy is seen as the champ. Having Brock fight him already just seems really rushed to me.

Evan
08-31-2008, 03:34 PM
Agreed but don't ya think the UFC does not need to rush into this?? If Randy is coming back and it is a 3 fight deal then it appears he has let go of his desire to fight Fedor (The Tim Sylvia beatdown may have had something to do with that)

If the UFC wants him on the Nov card, why not have Randy fight ______ in the main event, along with Brock VS ______ in the Co main event? You sell a truckload of tickets and PPV buys that way and if you put them up against credible guys, but guys they match up well with then, you can sell the shit out of a Brock Vs Randy fight next. I think it is a bit much to be doing this right now. I saw the UFC 87 post-fight press conference and White laughed at the thought that Brock was ready for a shot at the title. He said "He has only 1 win in the UFC, he looked great tonight but he needs time" Now maybe he won't fight Randy for the belt but Randy is seen as the champ. Having Brock fight him already just seems really rushed to me.

Considering Randy may be rusty and or out of gas and that his come back will be huge and the match-up has to be a monster of a main event. They need to squeeze every PPV buy out of it.

If Lesnar steam rolls Randy then his potential match-ups against Fedor and Nog are HUGE.

They lose nothing here....nothing is risked.

dbreiden83080
08-31-2008, 03:40 PM
Considering Randy may be rusty and or out of gas and that his come back will be huge and the match-up has to be a monster of a main event. They need to squeeze every PPV buy out of it.

If Lesnar steam rolls Randy then his potential match-ups against Fedor and Nog are HUGE.

They lose nothing here....nothing is risked.

If Brock beats Randy, he'll have a real chance to be the UFC heavy Champ not long after that. However, how is he ever going to fight Fedor?? The UFC and him seem to be worlds apart.

Evan
08-31-2008, 04:12 PM
If Brock beats Randy, he'll have a real chance to be the UFC heavy Champ not long after that. However, how is he ever going to fight Fedor?? The UFC and him seem to be worlds apart.

Do you know who has an undefeated record in Sports?

Anyone want to guess before I give the answer?

dbreiden83080
08-31-2008, 04:25 PM
Do you know who has an undefeated record in Sports?

Anyone want to guess before I give the answer?

Isn't it that Hot Dog eating Champion :hat:lol

Evan
08-31-2008, 04:31 PM
Isn't it that Hot Dog eating Champion :hat:lol

He lost..lol

No...Money is the only undisputed champion in sports. Money solves all ailments.

djohn14
08-31-2008, 04:41 PM
He lost..lol

No...Money is the only undisputed champion in sports. Money solves all ailments.
Cain Velasquez!

tlongII
08-31-2008, 04:52 PM
If Lesnar wins he also has time on his side regarding a potential Fedor fight.

Evan
08-31-2008, 04:56 PM
Cain Velasquez!

Cain 4-0

Money 999,870,386,907,310 to 0

:lol

Evan
08-31-2008, 04:59 PM
If Lesnar wins he also has time on his side regarding a potential Fedor fight.

yah yah yah...he's the only one who can lose long term with this. I bet he is going to have one hell of a sweatass winning bonus though.

More than anything..I want to see him get another personal services contract with the UFC.

polandprzem
09-01-2008, 05:55 AM
http://i244.photobucket.com/albums/gg33/kathleenthedragon07/animated%20GIFS/homo.gif

Evan
09-01-2008, 08:54 AM
http://i244.photobucket.com/albums/gg33/kathleenthedragon07/animated%20GIFS/homo.gif

desflood
09-01-2008, 01:23 PM
If Brock had done that to Herring before their fight the outcome might have been totally different.

dbreiden83080
09-01-2008, 02:04 PM

LOL, no wonder Brock left the WWE :lol

Evan
09-01-2008, 11:46 PM
After 11 months of fighting in the courts it looks like the UFC and Randy Couture have buried the hatchet. The promotion is holding a press conference on Tuesday at Noon PT to announce a new deal with the heavyweight champion.

Couture is expected to face Brock Lesnar at UFC 91 in Portland in what could be the biggest pay-per-view show in the UFC's history.

Evan
09-02-2008, 07:55 AM
This definitely is looking like a 3 fight deal for Randy…amazing. Can't believe this is happening. The Lesnar Randy PPV might break their record. Curious to see how they handle the belt issue, IMO Randy should be stripped.

Evan
09-02-2008, 08:02 AM
And I almost care more about his personal services contract than I do fighting.

But fighting wise…the biggest threat outside the UFC is now gone.

desflood
09-02-2008, 10:13 AM
I think Randy vs. Brock is going to be really ugly, but I'm not sure in whose favor.

Curious to see how they handle the belt issue, IMO Randy should be stripped.
Sadly, I have to agree. He left the company and refused to defend. Nog's got the interim belt? Give him the real deal.

Evan
09-02-2008, 10:23 AM
I think Randy vs. Brock is going to be really ugly, but I'm not sure in whose favor.

Sadly, I have to agree. He left the company and refused to defend. Nog's got the interim belt? Give him the real deal.

I hate the way the UFC handles interm belts…I have never liked it and it should never be done unless its been 1 year. The Penn, GSP and NOG issue never made sense for 1 second. Their belts were worthless...I despise it…they jump the gun and do it too readily. Randy should be stripped today and the Mir Nog fight should be the title fight. Interm belts are worthless. I see no point for them to exist.

tlongII
09-02-2008, 10:56 AM
Wow. I can't believe this fight is going down here. In my city!

Evan
09-02-2008, 10:59 AM
Wow. I can't believe this fight is going down here. In my city!

we'll know for sure in 4 hours

dbreiden83080
09-02-2008, 11:17 AM
After 11 months of fighting in the courts it looks like the UFC and Randy Couture have buried the hatchet. The promotion is holding a press conference on Tuesday at Noon PT to announce a new deal with the heavyweight champion.

Couture is expected to face Brock Lesnar at UFC 91 in Portland in what could be the biggest pay-per-view show in the UFC's history.

Holy Shit and a HALF!!!

This is insane news right here. I am shocked that Randy is not only coming back but has agreed to fight Brock first. I still feel this is rushing things a bit. Just give Brock somebody he can pound on for Nov along with someone Randy can pound on and set the fight up next. However this will be amazing. I love Randy but i am leaning towards Brock taking this fight. He is a horrible Matchup for Randy in my view. In the Heavy division if Randy can't outwrestle his opponent he is likely to get beat. I can't see him outwrestling Brock.

dbreiden83080
09-02-2008, 11:20 AM
This definitely is looking like a 3 fight deal for Randy…amazing. Can't believe this is happening. The Lesnar Randy PPV might break their record. Curious to see how they handle the belt issue, IMO Randy should be stripped.

He probably won't get stripped because they may want to set up a NOG or Mir fight with Randy for the undisputed title. I would guess though that this fight with Brock would be a non-title fight. If it is for the strap that goes against what White said after UFC 87 about Brock not being ready for a shot. This fight is a must win for Randy. Brock can lose and come right back. If Randy gets steamrolled by Brock, where does he go from there??

tlongII
09-02-2008, 11:52 AM
we'll know for sure in 4 hours

Hey Evan, can you post here as soon as it's official? Either that or tell me what website I should watch. As soon as it's official I'm going to put in a request for tickets here at work.

Evan
09-02-2008, 11:56 AM
Hey Evan, can you post here as soon as it's official? Either that or tell me what website I should watch. As soon as it's official I'm going to put in a request for tickets here at work.

Your best best is www.bloodyelbow.com they are on top of everything fast.

Evan
09-02-2008, 12:00 PM
Although if you want to see it live ufc.com might have it.

desflood
09-02-2008, 12:14 PM
Does anybody in this forum actually live in San Antonio?

Suddenly after watching a special on kids' muy thai my oldest wants to learn how to fight, so we're looking around at mma places that offer kids' classes. I was hoping somebody around here might have a recommendation or two, in addition to my own research.

dbreiden83080
09-02-2008, 12:20 PM

Randy's return combined with Brock's PR buzz, should break the record or come close to it. Tito and Chuck 2 did a little over a mil PPV buys i think. If this get sold well enough, it might do close to 2 mil buys.

LEONARD
09-02-2008, 12:31 PM
Good news...

Randy will beat Brock...

Evan
09-02-2008, 12:35 PM
Good news...

Randy will beat Brock...

$10

dbreiden83080
09-02-2008, 12:39 PM
Here is the thing about Randy that i wonder. He is 45 years old and had a long layoff. Now i know we say "Never count out Randy", he has proven people wrong before but at some point, he is going to get OLD in that octagon. Is the Lesner fight, finally the day we see that happen?? Brock is 14 years younger, much bigger, much stronger, a beast of an athlete who is a dominant wrestler.

dbreiden83080
09-02-2008, 12:43 PM
Evan what do you think??

Will this be a 3 rd fight or a 5 rd fight and who ya got???

Evan
09-02-2008, 12:53 PM
Evan what do you think??

Will this be a 3 rd fight or a 5 rd fight and who ya got???

I have a $10 wager floating above for LEONARD to accept. I am a firm believer in a fighter needing to be active to be sharp. It almost always holds form…Fedor proved it doesn't always hold true of course. I can see Lesnar just over powering Randy since there isn't much tape to see of Lesnar and break him down. As for 3 or 5 rounds….man who knows. It all depends on the title aspect of it. Methinks it won't be for a title.

If Lesnar wins he will be the highest paid MMA fighter in short order.I see that dude causing so many financial tantrums.

Lesnar is anything but a 'team player for the good of the sport guy'

dbreiden83080
09-02-2008, 01:03 PM
Lesnar is anything but a 'team player for the good of the sport guy'

Why do you say that?? He seems thrilled to be in the UFC and i know he is making a lot of money compared to other fighters right now but he does not come off to me as a pain in the ass type guy in the locker room. He looks to me like he is just working hard and trying to earn his respect. He knows how to sell fights by playing certain things up but i don't think he carries that backstage.

Evan
09-02-2008, 01:18 PM
Why do you say that?? He seems thrilled to be in the UFC and i know he is making a lot of money compared to other fighters right now but he does not come off to me as a pain in the ass type guy in the locker room. He looks to me like he is just working hard and trying to earn his respect. He knows how to sell fights by playing certain things up but i don't think he carries that backstage.

I have nothing to back it up what so ever. Just a gut feeling but he may be smart enough to know that nodoby else can pay him so I son't know.

Evan
09-02-2008, 02:11 PM
Just heard it’s a closed invite only phone press conference…so I assume we won't know the full details for awhile and yahoo sports will likely have it first then reposted on mmajunkie.

tlongII
09-02-2008, 02:40 PM
Just heard it’s a closed invite only phone press conference…so I assume we won't know the full details for awhile and yahoo sports will likely have it first then reposted on mmajunkie.

Dammit! I want to know now! :lol

Evan
09-02-2008, 02:45 PM
Dammit! I want to know now! :lol

Press conference delayed by 1 hour

tlongII
09-02-2008, 02:52 PM
Geez. I've got meetings for the next 3 hours. :depressed

LEONARD
09-02-2008, 02:53 PM
$10

Deal

So we have a $10 bet on Karo (you) vs Yoshida (me)

and I owe $20 if Fedor doesn't fight Couture before the end of the year...

right?

Evan
09-02-2008, 02:55 PM
Deal

So we have a $10 bet on Karo (you) vs Yoshida (me)

and I owe $20 if Fedor doesn't fight Couture before the end of the year...

right?

Yeah...$40 up for grabs right now and I paid off my last one.

LEONARD
09-02-2008, 02:59 PM
so we'll be even when Randy and Yoshida win because Couture-Fedor clearly isn't happening in 2008...

Evan
09-02-2008, 03:04 PM
so we'll be even when Randy and Yoshida win because Couture-Fedor clearly isn't happening in 2008...

basically yeah.

Kind of a dud set of bets but we have a few more to make the rest of the year a little more interesting.

The Christmas card will be fun.

dbreiden83080
09-02-2008, 03:18 PM
Just heard

Winner of Brock vs Randy will be the UFC Heavy Champ and fight Nog or Mir for Undisputed title, kind of what i thought would happen. I knew they wouldn't strip Randy

Evan
09-02-2008, 03:21 PM
edit

I see it...wow

dbreiden83080
09-02-2008, 03:22 PM
This is a live stream

http://www.ustream.tv/channel/mma-frenzy

LEONARD
09-02-2008, 03:24 PM
http://www.mmarated.com/blogs/blog/20080902/dana_white_announcement_live_chat_-628.html;jsessionid=1B20EDBEE83BA8B41AE0F0A4ACEA5E 38

4:12 Here we go...comments off.

4:12 Dana white has two heavyweights on the phone

4:12 saturday november 15th

4:12 mgm grand

4:12 brock lesnar

4:13 vs.

4:13 randy couture

4:13 "randy has always been the heavyweight champ in the ufc. it took some time to get it straight but he is back to fight again"

4:13 question time.

4:13 franklin mcneil is first up

4:13 is this a one-fight deal?

4:14 dana: no matter the outcome, randy will be in the UFC

4:14 Dana: If Fedor becomes available or if something can be done with his promotion we will make the fedor fight

4:14 Ariel: Seems like he is softening his stance

4:15 Dana announces that Lesnar vs. Couture is for the title

4:15 Dana: Portland is not happening

4:15 not yet

4:16 Dana says that he always liked Randy and always has

4:16 Dana is chatting with Todd Martin from CBS. Just asking about all the details

4:17 Dana: some business issues but its all under the bridge

4:17 NY Times is on the line

4:17 What does this mean fro Mir and Nog?

4:17 Winner of the Brock and Randy fight will be the heavyweight champion

4:17 Nog and Mir will fight for the interim title and then it will be champion vs. champion

4:18 Finally someone asks Randy a question. But no one is asking why he came back!

4:18 It was just about his thoughts on Brock

4:19 Dana: Everything between Randy and I are kool moe dee

4:19 I must say the reporters are asking some whack questions. Why isn't anyone asking about why he decided to come back? I'm in the queue so hopefully I will get the shot

4:20 BTW, the comments will come back when the action dies down. It was voted to be like that.

4:20 Brock is talking about Randy posing all kinds of threats but is confident

4:20 Here comes Kevin Iole.

4:20 "How did this come about"

4:20 Finally...

4:21 Dana: We spoke everday and never went to court. We were happy to resolve it

4:21 Randy: There were some compromises made on both sides.The UFC is trying to make the fedor fight happen.

4:22 "I think we are both happy and want to move forward in a positive way"

4:22 Randy: We have cleared the air and have addressed some of the issues we had. We understand each other now

4:22 Again, Randy vs. Lesnar for the title on 11/15 at the MGM Grand

4:23 Winner fights winner of Nog/Mir to unify titles

4:23 Someone asked about how does Lesnar get a shot at the title right away?

4:23 Dana said fans weren't interested in Kongo vs. Lesnar

dbreiden83080
09-02-2008, 03:26 PM
4:23 Dana said fans weren't interested in Kongo vs. Lesnar

Nonsense, fans were intesrested in Brock Vs anybody. But Brock and Randy will break all the records, that is why it is happening now.

LEONARD
09-02-2008, 03:26 PM
:24 Dana: "Mark my words, Couture vs. Lesnar will be the biggest fight in UFC history"

4:24 I agree

4:25 Brock is saying that he really wanted to fight Randy.

4:25 Ariel said "I agree"

4:25 Randy says he has no ring rust

4:26 Randy: yesterday after practice I weight 224.5

4:26 Couture says he hopes to stay around that weight for the fight

Evan
09-02-2008, 03:27 PM
Nonsense, fans were intesrested in Brock Vs anybody. But Brock and Randy will break all the records, that is why it is happening now.

UFC sent out an email 2 weeks ago judging fan interest and it was shot down horribly.

LEONARD
09-02-2008, 03:27 PM
No Portland tlong!! :(

dbreiden83080
09-02-2008, 03:30 PM
UFC sent out an email 2 weeks ago judging fan interest and it was shot down horribly.

They wanted Brock vs somebody else, just not Kongo. That is baffling since Brock seems to be the talk of MMA right now.

Evan
09-02-2008, 03:31 PM
They wanted Brock vs somebody else, just not Kongo. That is baffling since Brock seems to be the talk of MMA right now.

Yeah...weird.

Evan
09-02-2008, 03:32 PM
LEONARD is that it?

dbreiden83080
09-02-2008, 03:33 PM
Dana talking out of his ass about Fedor again

"If you are the best in the world you have to prove it, he hasn't"

He beat your champ Nog, 2 times over, dessimated Sylvia in 36 seconds, he has beat everyone down Dana, better Heavies than Randy has ever fought, so shut it

Evan
09-02-2008, 03:34 PM
Poor tlongII...First he gets his posting powers stripped and now no Portland

LEONARD
09-02-2008, 03:35 PM
4:28 Randy: I still want to fight Fedor. I can't speak for him. I don't know what's important for him but if he wants to be the #1 fighter in the world he needs to come fight me.

4:29 Dana: I don't know if Fedor cares about his legacy but we are going to offer him a fair deal. If it means something to him to beat Randy let's do this.

4:29 Dana then says he will never interfere with someone else's contract (ie Affliction)

4:30 Q: Are you willing to bend the longstanding UFC rules to split the promotion to have Fedor fight?

4:30 Dana. No

4:31 Randy is trying to justify the Lesnar fight. He has faith that the UFC is hoping to sign Fedor

4:32 Dana: We wanna know who the #1 fighter is. If you wanna be the best in the world you gotta beat the best in the world

4:32 Q: Why won't you bend your copromotion stance?

4:33 Dana: I am not going to do anything...He's under contract. These guys are dying on the vine. They will be gone in a couple of months. (Affliction)

4:33 Dana: Randy vs. Lesnar will have over 1 million PPV buys

4:33 Dana: I will be fucking horrified if Affliction is around come January

4:34 Here comes my fellow countryman Neil Davidson

4:34 Q: Randy, is this the outcome you wanted?

4:34 A: It's a step in the right direction. I would rather be fighting Fedor in November but hopefully we will get there.

dbreiden83080
09-02-2008, 03:38 PM
Randy is talking like he is overlooking Brock, at least that is the sense i am getting. His hard on for Fedor is as stiff as ever

Evan
09-02-2008, 03:38 PM
4:32 Q: Why won't you bend your copromotion stance?

PRIDE screwed them over too much.

Evan
09-02-2008, 03:43 PM

I'll take my $20 whenever you're ready.

dbreiden83080
09-02-2008, 03:45 PM
Dana seems to think Affliction will be gone by Jan and Fedor will have to come to him

Evan
09-02-2008, 03:48 PM
so I guess Werdum vs Kongo now?

LEONARD
09-02-2008, 03:50 PM
4:36 Q: What's Dana's contract like now?

4:36 (I mean randy)

4:36 Dana: Who gives a shit! He is back

4:36 Dana is saying that Nog is thrilled that the Randy Couture is back

4:37 Ben Fowlkes is on the line!

4:37 Go Ben Go

4:38 Q: Why keep the interim title around?

4:38 A: Because he won it

4:39 Randy: I would never disrespect Nog. I am just choosing a path of least resistance. We are finding a way of making that fight sooner rather than later

4:39 NY Post asks Randy about Brett Favre saga. Did he see any parallels?

4:39 Wha?

4:40 Randy doesn't really see a parallel. No kidding.

4:40 You guys want me to turn the comments on?

4:40 vote away

4:41 HAHA. I guess that is a no

4:41 BTW, I am still waiting. I am gonna knock them sucks off

4:41 Ok, 99% of you don't want the comments on. So they will still off for now.

4:42 Lots of fluffy questions from big media types. I guess the UFC has arrived

4:42 Someone just asked about the state of the division and Dana just said it was alive and well

4:42 Man, 40 minutes and I still don't get to ask

4:42 What gives? Why the hate!?

4:43 Dana: This has been shitty for me since Day 1. I like fighting with Tito

4:43 So, guys should I ask: How's taste my peepee?

4:43 just kidding

4:44 I am gonna ask about M-1, terms of the contract, who he negotiated with, regrets etc

4:44 sound good?

4:44 Does anyone care about WAMMA?

4:45 I guess I ca ask that but who I am not sure I care all that much right now

4:45 UGH. I wonder if they know this live chat is happening and they are purposely skipping over me

4:46 Randy is reiterating that he just wants to fight and that is why he is back

4:47 Again, recapping while I wait to ask a question:

4:48 Randy vs. Brock, November 15th, MGM Grand for the title

4:48 Mir vs. Nog for interim title and the winners face off

4:48 "I'm a giddy little girl" - Dana

4:49 Nog and Mir, for the record, will fight in December

4:49 Dana: "It drives me insane when people call Fedor the best in the world"

4:49 There is only one way to find out how good he is then he has to come here and do it eventually

Evan
09-02-2008, 03:52 PM
4:49 Dana: "It drives me insane when people call Fedor the best in the world"

4:49 There is only one way to find out how good he is then he has to come here and do it eventually

leonards face is red :lol

LEONARD
09-02-2008, 03:57 PM
4:51 Dana is singing Brock's praises. "I was blown away by his performance against Herring. Heath was pissed off he had to fight Lesnar. He felt Brock didn't belong in the cage with him."

4:52 Brock: My whole goal is to take it one fight at a time.

4:52 Brock called Mir "MER" again

4:52 Ariel: I *heart* Brock

4:52 at least the way he pronunces his name

4:52 Brock: "WHO GIVES A SHIT ABOUT FEDOR!"

4:53 I DONT GIVE A DAMN ABOUT FEDOR

4:53 IM TIRED OF HEARING ABOUT FUCKING FEDOR

4:53 I DONT GIVE A DAMN IF YOU WANT THAT FIGHT

4:53 HE MIGHT NOT EVER BE WITH THE COMPANY SO WHO FUCKING GIVES A SHIT

4:53 (ariel: wow)

4:54 Dana: We are hoping this countdown show will be a two or three part series to hype this on Spike

4:55 (ariel: good news)

4:55 Oh my, someone just asked a question to Dana abot Fedor and Brock cut in and said:

4:55 "AH SHIT, HERE WE GO AGAIN ABOUT FEDOR"

4:56 (ariel: brock is the star of this CC)

4:56 Dana: Randy Couture is relevant, Fedor is not

4:56 Geez laouise they are still ignoring me. I haven't heard of half of the guys on the call now

Evan
09-02-2008, 04:00 PM
keep it coming dude...this is good stuff

LEONARD
09-02-2008, 04:04 PM
I wish total failure on WWE douche-bag Brock Lesnar...

How about some respect for somebody that's already done something in the sport? Who's smacked the "interim" UFC champ twice...smoked Sylvia like nobody has done before, abused Herring more than Brock did (take out the 1 punch at the start and he didn't do much), etc...

WWE-DOUCHE

Randy gonna hurt him...

LEONARD
09-02-2008, 04:04 PM
4:57 Brock: I am coming in at 265 pounds.

4:58 Guys, want me to open the chat yet?

4:58 fire away

4:58 Another resoounding NO

4:58 Dana: "Werdum is in the mix too"

4:59 So there you go

4:59 Someone from Fighters Only just stumped Dana big time

5:00 "If Randy would not have came back would Brock have received a title shot so soon"

5:00 Dana: "uhhhhh, no because Mir was fight Nog"

5:00 (ariel: that made no sense)

5:00 (and it took a while to answer that)

5:01 Dana: Randy will be at UFC 88 with me

5:01 ariel: I smell video blog!

5:01 Dave Meltzer in the house!

5:02 I guess I shouldn't feel slighted

5:02 Dang, he asked my question

5:02 "How long is this new deal?"

5:02 "New three-fight contract"

5:02 MMARated.com was right!

5:02 phew

LEONARD
09-02-2008, 04:05 PM
5:02 Dana says he expects over a million buys

5:04 Dana: "If Fedor wants to come in and fight for the title he needs to win a few" (LMAO...WTF)

5:04 Dana: "All legal action is dropped between Randy and I"

5:05 Someone asks Randy if he has any regrets?

Evan
09-02-2008, 04:06 PM

5:04 Dana: "If Fedor wants to come in and fight for the title he needs to win a few" (LMAO...WTF)

5:04 Dana: "All legal action is dropped between Randy and I"

best 4 things of the entire pc

Evan
09-02-2008, 04:08 PM

possible

He would get an instant title shot

FINALLY!

dallaskd
09-02-2008, 04:12 PM
$10

I'll bet you that. Randy will own Brock.

Evan
09-02-2008, 04:12 PM
Lol….UFC sends out a media email that takes away a major building block to its future with Randy and Affliction sends out an email today stating they have added some more hideous shirts to its clothing lines.

Affliction = press release fail

Evan
09-02-2008, 04:13 PM

you got paypal?

LEONARD
09-02-2008, 04:21 PM
5:06 Brock: Why are we wasting our breathe talking about a match that may never happen.

5:07 THIS IS FOR REAL. RANDY COUTURE VS. FEDOR MAY NOT NEVER HAPPEN. IM ON THE TELEPHONE TALKING ABOUT THIS FIGHT

5:07 (ariel: brock, will you marry me?)

5:08 DANA: "FEDOR IS IRRELEVANT"

5:09 AGAIN, FEDOR IS COMPLETELY FUCKING IRRELEVANT

5:09 (ariel: here we go again)

5:09 Brock: Who cares about what Fedor's deal is

5:10 seriously, there must be 8000 people on this call

5:10 Someone asks about HDNet (my new next question!)

5:10 Dana: Randy is fighting Brock Lesnar

5:11 (ariel: what does that have to do with HDNET?)

5:11 comments? on or off?

5:11 GO!

5:11 Man, I love that

5:11 A resounding "NO"

5:12 10 minutes and I will open them

5:12 for the few that wanted them

5:12 Randy: Every single guy is dangerous and Brock is no different.

5:13 Randy sees a lot of similarities between he and Brock

5:13 Oh man, someone just asked about Fedor...again.

5:13 Dana laughs and ignores it

5:14 One more question guys...and its not me

5:14 man

5:14 in my defense I did the code thing to ask a question late because I was typing for you suckers

5:14 so please console me

5:15 Randy is talking about Cuban and saying he has good intentions

5:15 OK.

5:15 Here come the comments!

5:17 Any interest in the audio? If so, I will have to end this chat and upload it...

5:19 Ok, sounds like the audio is wanted. Let me jump off this thing and I will put it up in a jiffy. Hey, one more thing: This was amazing. This might have been the best day in MMARated.com's history just for all the love you showed us. Keep coming back and dont forget we will have a ton of UFC 88 coverage as well as another live chat during the PPV

tlongII
09-02-2008, 04:22 PM
No Portland tlong!! :(

Fuck! :depressed

LEONARD
09-02-2008, 04:23 PM
Just have to ignore "promoter Dana"...him and Randy both know that Randy has no chance...

It's all about Brock now...the same Brock he said this about...

"Brock Lesnar and K-1 is a circus act!"

LEONARD
09-02-2008, 04:24 PM
and Brock...sub'd by freakin' Mir...talking shit about Fedor. Too funny...

LEONARD
09-02-2008, 04:33 PM
So here are the additions to my "Dana quotes" file...

-If Fedor becomes available or if something can be done with his promotion we will make the fedor fight.
-I don't know if Fedor cares about his legacy but we are going to offer him a fair deal. If it means something to him to beat Randy let's do this.
-It drives me insane when people call Fedor the best in the world. There is only one way to find out how good he is then he has to come here and do it eventually
-Randy Couture is relevant, Fedor is not
-If Fedor wants to come in and fight for the title he needs to win a few
-FEDOR IS IRRELEVANT" AGAIN, FEDOR IS COMPLETELY FUCKING IRRELEVANT

Funny that he contradicts himself even in the PC...he says if Fedor is available they'll put the fight together...then he says Fedor needs to "win a few"...huh?

Couture relevant after not fighting for over a yr? :wow

Evan
09-02-2008, 05:19 PM
Just have to ignore "promoter Dana"...him and Randy both know that Randy has no chance...

It's all about Brock now...the same Brock he said this about...

"Brock Lesnar and K-1 is a circus act!"

Thats all the verbiage is my friend.

Evan
09-02-2008, 05:51 PM
thanks again leonard

by the way...here is some good reaction to the situation

http://www.bloodyelbow.com

dbreiden83080
09-02-2008, 08:09 PM

From one knowledgeable MMA fan to another by all means, tell me how Randy is going to Own Brock?? Can he beat Brock?? Yes. But Randy does not have one single physical edge on Brock. 2 to 3 inches shorter, he will come in likely 40 to 50 pds lighter, is not nearly as strong as Brock, not as explosive as Brock and from we saw in the Herring Fight, can't hit as hard as Brock. If Randy wins, it will be because Brock fucks up and Randy capitilizes on a mistake. In 2 UFC fights, Brock tossed around and beat the shit out of Mir until he made a rookie Mistake and got Sub'd. Then he tossed around like a rag-doll and beat-down a legit Heavyweight in Herring for 15 full min and took zero damage whatsoever. Randy is a wrestler who loves to work in the clinch. Brock will no way allow Randy to press him on the fence and dirty box him for long periods of time like he did Gonzaga. Brock is a powerful dominate wrestler, who's physical advantages make sure that he basically decides where the fight goes. Brock will be the toughest test of Randy's career as a heavyweight and don't forget he is 45 years old, coming off a long lay-off.

dbreiden83080
09-02-2008, 08:23 PM
So here are the additions to my "Dana quotes" file...

-If Fedor becomes available or if something can be done with his promotion we will make the fedor fight.
-I don't know if Fedor cares about his legacy but we are going to offer him a fair deal. If it means something to him to beat Randy let's do this.
-It drives me insane when people call Fedor the best in the world. There is only one way to find out how good he is then he has to come here and do it eventually
-Randy Couture is relevant, Fedor is not
-If Fedor wants to come in and fight for the title he needs to win a few
-FEDOR IS IRRELEVANT" AGAIN, FEDOR IS COMPLETELY FUCKING IRRELEVANT

Funny that he contradicts himself even in the PC...he says if Fedor is available they'll put the fight together...then he says Fedor needs to "win a few"...huh?

Couture relevant after not fighting for over a yr? :wow

I love Randy but this whole idea that Fedor has something to prove to Randy and the UFC is a fucking joke. His resume of Heavyweights he has destroyed is massive. Randy has done what exactly, to lay claim to Fedor having to fight him to prove something?? He beat Sylvia and it was a 5 rd decision, could not finish him in 25 min. Fedor just waxed Tim in 36 friggin seconds. The champ Nog, someone Randy has not fought, Fedor holds not one, but 2 wins over. He beat Cro-Cop, Herring, Coleman just to name a few. Who other than Randy is in that divsion of the UFC that Fedor would not destroy?? Maybe Brock would have a shot in a few years with lots more experience, and even that is a longshot to beat Fedor. Randy saying "Fedor has to fight me to be number 1 is a joke"

dallaskd
09-02-2008, 08:37 PM
Randy has the experience and Lesnar has nothing Couture hasn't seen or cant handle.

Size difference? Sylvia, Gonzaga, Ricco, Barnett, Randleman all bigger.

Striking? Liddell, Belfort, Rizzo

JJ? Lesnar has none.

Randy is top 5 HW. I dont care what Lesnar did against freakin Heath Herring. Sure he is stonger and quicker. Sylvia has power and you saw how Randy bob and weaved through his punches.

and for all the Lesnar nut huggers...Can Brock take a punch?!?!?!

He's never been hit!!!

dallaskd
09-02-2008, 08:40 PM
(take out the 1 punch at the start and he didn't do much)

:tu

dallaskd
09-02-2008, 08:42 PM
Lesnar would lose to Gonzaga, Werdum, Nog the second it would hit the ground. Kongo and Hardonk would kick his head off.

dbreiden83080
09-02-2008, 08:48 PM
Randy has the experience and Lesnar has nothing Couture hasn't seen or cant handle.

Disagree he is the biggest most powerful wrestler he has ever fought

"Size difference"

"Sylvia",

Not a great wrestler or as big and strong as Brock

[B]"Gonzaga"

Can't wrestler either and not as big or strong as Brock

"Ricco",

He beat Randy

"Striking? Liddell"

Got KTFO by Chuck twice and Randy does not have heavy hands

"JJ? Lesnar has none"

How much will he need on top of Randy, passively GNP him and Randy is not exactly a submission machine. Mir has ten times better submission skills from his back than Randy.

"and for all the Lesnar nut huggers...Can Brock take a punch?!?!?!"

Brock has a head the size of a bowling ball and Randy has little power in his hands. He better duck and weave, because we saw in the Herring fight how hard Brock hits.

dallaskd
09-02-2008, 08:50 PM
Herring has a glass jaw.

dallaskd
and btw...

Lesnar couldnt finish Herring.

Evan
Why would you guys take away that punch from Lesnar? He did it and it rocked Herring the rest of the fight.

Arguing in hypotheticals makes no sense to me. Thats like saying if Patrick Crayton hadn't dropped that pass the Cowboys would have won the superbowl. Who knows so why argue it? It makes no sense.

dbreiden83080
09-02-2008, 08:51 PM
Lesnar would lose to Gonzaga, Werdum, Nog the second it would hit the ground. Kongo and Hardonk would kick his head off.

Kongo would get dumped on his head and pounded out by Brock with ease. His ground game and takedown defense is a damn joke. Herring took him down, how did he do against Brock??

dallaskd
Disagree he is the biggest most powerful wrestler he has ever fought

"Size difference"

"Sylvia",

Not a great wrestler or as big and strong as Brock

Sylvia is not as big as Brock????

dbreiden83080
and btw...

Lesnar couldnt finish Herring.

Didn't try to finish Herring is the correct take on that

dbreiden83080
09-02-2008, 08:52 PM
Sylvia is not as big as Brock????

Look at Tims Body Then Brocks"

Who is stronger and more physically dominant

dallaskd
09-02-2008, 08:54 PM
Didn't try to finish Herring is the correct take on that

If the almighty WWE SUPERSTAR Brock Lensar doesn't want to finish guys then why is he fighting???

Evan
09-02-2008, 08:54 PM
hah

such heated conversation is why this fight is happening and why this will shatter PPV records.

Love or hate Dana he knows have to make a show

dallaskd
09-02-2008, 08:56 PM
Frank Mir > Brock Lesnar

dbreiden83080
09-02-2008, 08:57 PM
If the almighty WWE SUPERSTAR Brock Lensar doesn't want to finish guys then why is he fighting???

IF this was poker you just showed your hand. You hate Brock because he used to be a WWE wrestler. For a hardcore MMA fan, watch that tape of the fight again. I have seen it 20 times over. Brock needed a win, there were times when he had the hooks in and mounted Heath but he did not press for the finish. Heath could not do anything when they were on the ground and Brock knew it, he was content to just run out the clock and get the W.

Evan
09-02-2008, 08:57 PM
Frank Mir > Brock Lesnar

Who knows...but the debate is so heated everyone would love to see it for sure. There is nothing better than a fight that divides people so much they get passionate about it on both sides.

Evan
09-02-2008, 08:58 PM

Don't forget he has serious NCAA cred.

dbreiden83080
09-02-2008, 08:59 PM
Frank Mir > Brock Lesnar

Oh yeah, dumped on his head, got dopped by a big punch, got all bruised up and thanked the heavens that Brock stood up in his guard so he could grab a leg. If he fights Mir again, may be a different story. Brock completely overwhelmed him in that fight until he made a mistake

Evan
09-02-2008, 09:00 PM
Who knows...but the debate is so heated everyone would love to see it for sure. There is nothing better than a fight that divides people so much they get passionate about it on both sides.

I need to retract this..for some reason I was thinking NOG when I saw this because of what I saw on another blog.

dallaskd
09-02-2008, 09:02 PM
IF this was poker you just showed your hand. You hate Brock because he used to be a WWE wrestler. For a hardcore MMA fan, watch that tape of the fight again. I have seen it 20 times over. Brock needed a win, there were times when he had the hooks in and mounted Heath but he did not press for the finish. Heath could not do anything when they were on the ground and Brock knew it, he was content to just run out the clock and get the W.

when the fuck did Brock ever put in the hooks and go for a RNC when he had his back!!!!!!!!

and i dont hate Brock because he's from WWE. I like Kurt Angle.

I hate Brock because he's a classless piece of shit who hasnt done ANYTHING yet besides beat an out of shape heath herring. Watch Lesnar-Herring and Fitch-GSP. GSP kneels with Jon and has a prayer or some show of respect. Lesnar is a farce and a freakshow. At least when Tito has being a jackass he some credibility.

dallaskd
09-02-2008, 09:03 PM
Don't forget he has serious NCAA cred.

Rosholt > Lesnar

Lesnar is a farce.

dallaskd
09-02-2008, 09:04 PM
Oh yeah, dumped on his head, got dopped by a big punch, got all bruised up and thanked the heavens that Brock stood up in his guard so he could grab a leg. If he fights Mir again, may be a different story. Brock completely overwhelmed him in that fight until he made a mistake

It was no worse than Vera-Werdum. Mir was never in danger of losing and took his time and sub'd Lesnar like the joke he is with his B+/A- BJJ.

dallaskd
09-02-2008, 09:05 PM
I need to retract this..for some reason I was thinking NOG when I saw this because of what I saw on another blog.

Nog would destroy Lesnar in every aspect of the fight no matter how weak Nog's chin may seem at times.

Evan
09-02-2008, 09:06 PM
Rosholt > Lesnar

Lesnar is a farce.

we'll see my friend.

I can't say whether you are right or wrong but either way I can't way to see it play out.

dbreiden83080
09-02-2008, 09:08 PM
when the fuck did Brock ever put in the hooks and go for a RNC when he had his back!!!!!!!!

2nd Rd had hooks in let them go, 2nd and 3rd Rd had the mount and did not press the action, because he was content to just pound on his man.

and i dont hate Brock because he's from WWE. I like Kurt Angle.

"I hate Brock because he's a classless piece of shit who hasnt done ANYTHING yet besides beat an out of shape heath herring"

LOL, Herring was in some of the best shape he has ever been for that fight. Everyone marveled at how great he looked at the weigh ins and that he is now taking every fight serious.

"Watch Lesnar-Herring and Fitch-GSP. GSP kneels with Jon and has a prayer or some show of respect. Lesnar is a farce and a freakshow. At least when Tito has being a jackass he some credibility"

I love GSP he is my fav fighter but this is the same GSP who does a breakdance in the middle of the ring when he KO's someone, right?? Liddell screams like a caveman when he wins a fight racing around the ring, BJ licks blood of his gloves, etc, showmanship is all part of the game, you should know that.

dallaskd
09-02-2008, 09:09 PM
Liddell, GSP, BJ are in the top 5 P4P, are future hall of famers, all former champions. they can do whatever the fuck they want.

dbreiden83080
09-02-2008, 09:11 PM
It was no worse than Vera-Werdum. Mir was never in danger of losing and took his time and sub'd Lesnar like the joke he is with his B+/A- BJJ.

Getting dropped by a big right hand, getting dumped on your head twice, getting GNP and possibly saved by a bad ref stoppage of action and he was in no danger of losing. You hate for Lesner is badly clouding your judgement on this issue.

dbreiden83080
09-02-2008, 09:12 PM
Liddell, GSP, BJ are in the top 5 P4P, are future hall of famers, all former champions. they can do whatever the fuck they want.

AH i get it now, so win some fights and then act like a fucking ASS-Clown ok now i totally understand :rolleyes:rolleyes

dallaskd
09-02-2008, 09:15 PM
Couture is the champ. Lesnar has 3 professional fights. See you on November 15th. I'll be in the back saying i told you so.

until then...

War Sokoudjou

dbreiden83080
09-02-2008, 09:18 PM
Couture is the champ. Lesnar has 3 professional fights. See you on November 15th. I'll be in the back saying i told you so.

until then...

War Sokoudjou

You won't be saying "I told you so" because i have not officially picked Brock yet. I am just saying this will be no cakewalk and you seem to be letting your personal feelings about Brock and love for Randy get in the way here. One thing people should remember is "You can't beat the clock" Randy is 45 years old, one day he will get in that octagon and get old overnight.

dallaskd
09-02-2008, 09:22 PM
He's got 3 fights. He'll be finished in 2009.

dbreiden83080
09-02-2008, 09:24 PM
He's got 3 fights. He'll be finished in 2009.

No chance at that. Losing to Randy may happen but he has a bright future in MMA, he'll be around a long time as long as he is healthy.

Book it

Evan
09-02-2008, 09:24 PM
This Lesnar deal has made us all fight.....

=

Best PPV ever

hahahah....love you guys. Best MMA talk around!

dallaskd
09-02-2008, 09:25 PM
No chance at that. Losing to Randy may happen but he has a bright future in MMA, he'll be around a long time as long as he is healthy.

Book it

Im saying Randy will be done in 2009. Replying to your "Randy is too old" comment. I heard that when Randy was 41.

dbreiden83080
09-02-2008, 09:26 PM
This Lesnar deal has made us all fight.....

=

Best PPV ever

hahahah....love you guys. Best MMA talk around!

It will get better when the MMA forum is offical and as this fight gets closer. Should be fun.

dallaskd
09-02-2008, 09:27 PM
Lesnar has a bright future but will never hold a belt in the UFC as long as Nog and Werdum are there. And sure as hell won't if Fedor comes.

dbreiden83080
09-02-2008, 09:27 PM
Im saying Randy will be done in 2009. Replying to your "Randy is too old" comment. I heard that when Randy was 41.

Got ya

HE may beat Brock but if he ever fights Fedor, he is going to get his ass kicked. Maybe he beats Nog, not sure on that one.

dbreiden83080
09-02-2008, 09:28 PM
Lesnar has a bright future but will never hold a belt in the UFC as long as Nog and Werdum are there. And sure as hell won't if Fedor comes.

If Fedor comes, it should be his until he retires, nobody can beat him. Nog is not quite what he was, so who knows how long he'll be around

Evan
09-03-2008, 06:30 AM
A few more quotes from yesterday

UPDATE: More details to come.

- Dana White: Brock vs. Couture will be "the biggest fight in UFC history".

- Dana White on competitors and co-promotion: ": These guys are dying on the vine. You’re not under contract if the company’s not in business anymore.

- Dana White: "I would be horrified if Affliction's still in business in January."

- Couture: would rather fight Fedor, but fight with Brock "a step in the right direction"

- Couture says UFC and he have "cleared the air"; "comfortable with way things stand right now"

- Couture says he'll weigh approximately 225lbs for this fight.

- Dana White says he doesn't know if Couture is the richest fighter in the UFC.

- Dana White: Nogueira is probably thrilled Couture is back.

- Dana White: research was done and proves Brock vs. Couture will be biggest fight in UFC history.

- Couture: re-signing with the UFC to get Fedor is "path of least resistance"

- Dana White: the heavyweight division "is looking pretty damn good now"

- Couture: MMA is the combative sport for this generation

- Couture: how can you overlook a guy [Brock Lesnar] that size?

- Dana White: over the next year we are going to see some really great heavyweight fights.

- Randy and Dana: feels good to have this problem resolved; "to see a little sunshine for a change is pretty nice"

- Dana White: "I like fighting with Tito"

- Dana White suggests Fedor might have to be not under contract for the UFC to sign a fight with him. He didn't say it was required, but he alluded to it.

- Dana White: Affliction is losing "shitloads" of money.

- Couture: biggest part of my decision was communicating with Lorenzo and Dana that I was feeling. Second was frustration with legal system. Tired of throwing money with lawyers with no end in sight. Best place for me to fight is a cage, not a court room.

- Dana White: "I'm like a giddy little girl right now"

- Dana White: "It drives me insane when Fedor is called the best p4p fighter in the world." If Fedor is the best, he has to come to the UFC eventually.

- Dana White: people don't know this, but there was bad blood between Brock and Herring. Herring was insulted he had to fight him.

- Brock Lesnar: "not a lot of people get this opportunity".

- Brock Lesnar: "who gives a shit about Fedor Emelianenko?" I'm sick and tired of sitting on the phone listening about Fedor. "Who fucking gives a shit?"

- Dana White: "UFC Countdown" for this fight could be two or three part series.

- Dana White: this is where all the best heavyweights are. Randy Couture is relevant; Fedor is not.

- Couture: I can't spend any time worrying about losing to Lesnar and losing luster on a fight with Fedor.

- Dana White: rivals can have whichever fighters we cut.

- Dana White: Werdum is still in the mix.

- Dana White: expecting 1million to 1.5 million PPV buys for this fight. It's a new deal: 3-fight deal.

- Dana White: I would not sign a one-fight deal with Fedor.

- Dana White: all court action is dead.

- Dana White: Randy Couture is the guy everyone wants to fight. Fedor is completely irrelevant.

- Couture: Mark Cuban wants what's best for me. He just wanted to facilitiate what I wanted. Now the best path is to make the fight with Fedor happen in the UFC.

djohn14
09-03-2008, 07:01 AM
Thanks Evan...Im pumped!

Evan
09-03-2008, 07:42 AM
Unless I missed it amongst the sea of quotes from yesterday…it frustrates me to no end that nobody asked about a personal services contract. How can that not be addressed? That was a huge part of Randy & the UFC.

ATRAIN
09-03-2008, 07:55 AM
I know im going to get a lot of hate on this but I hope Brock beats Randy. :)

Evan
09-03-2008, 08:37 AM
I wonder just how much affliction was banking on that Fedor Randy fight..

desflood
09-03-2008, 11:12 AM
- Couture: re-signing with the UFC to get Fedor is "path of least resistance"

That tells us everything we need to know about what went down here.

ATRAIN
09-03-2008, 11:31 AM
I wonder if Fedor will even want to fight Randy after he loses to Brock :).

Evan
09-03-2008, 11:40 AM
I wonder if Fedor will even want to fight Randy after he loses to Brock :).

I would not be surprised if Fedor retires soon…he is not a fan of the sport and doesn't follow it. Just like Josh Hamilton of the Rangers.

desflood
09-03-2008, 11:43 AM
I would not be surprised if Fedor retires soon…he is not a fan of the sport and doesn't follow it. Just like Josh Hamilton of the Rangers.
Fedor's how old, 31? 32? I was telling the old man the other night that I hope he's smart enough to retire before he's legitimately defeated. Take the Shamrock hint - leave a legend.

Evan
09-03-2008, 11:49 AM
Fedor's how old, 31? 32? I was telling the old man the other night that I hope he's smart enough to retire before he's legitimately defeated. Take the Shamrock hint - leave a legend.

32…I guess it all depends on how much his managers have stolen from him.

dbreiden83080
09-03-2008, 11:53 AM
Dana White and Randy can ramble on all they want about Fedor, needing to come to the UFC to prove something, it is nonsense. His resume of top heavyweights he has destroyed is incredible. Randy does not have half the resume that Fedor does. He has not even fought the UFC Heavy Champ, Nog yet, someone Fedor has beat twice. What was Randy's big claim to fame recently?? That he beat Tim Sylvia in a 5 rd decision. The same Sylvia Fedor slaughtered in 36 seconds. Does anyone out there not feel Fedor would dessimate Gonzaga?? Fedor has nothing to prove to anyone.

LEONARD
09-03-2008, 12:00 PM
Dana White and Randy can ramble on all they want about Fedor, needing to come to the UFC to prove something, it is nonsense. His resume of top heavyweights he has destroyed is incredible. Randy does not have half the resume that Fedor does. He has not even fought the UFC Heavy Champ, Nog yet, someone Fedor has beat twice. What was Randy's big claim to fame recently?? That he beat Tim Sylvia in a 5 rd decision. The same Sylvia Fedor slaughtered in 36 seconds. Does anyone out there not feel Fedor would dessimate Gonzaga?? Fedor has nothing to prove to anyone.

Exactly...

I've been saying all along that Randy is a bit over-rated right now. Since his 2nd loss to Chuck he beat an injured Sylvia (back surgery after the fight) and an over-rated (combo of a great performance by him and a horrible one by CC) Gonzaga in a fight that was greatly influenced by a fluke busted nose.

I like Randy and I hope he shuts the Vanilla Gorilla down, but he would get overwhelmed by Fedor...

Evan
09-03-2008, 12:09 PM
Fedor's legacy is fine. He smashed a previous UFC HW champion in embarrassing fashion after a long lay off mixed in with 2 exhibition fights

tlongII
09-03-2008, 12:56 PM
Fedor is great and would probably crush Randy. But nobody is invincible. He can be beaten.

djohn14
09-03-2008, 03:54 PM
Cain Velasquez cant be beaten...jk. I just love that dude so much!

dbreiden83080
09-03-2008, 04:56 PM
Exactly...

I've been saying all along that Randy is a bit over-rated right now. Since his 2nd loss to Chuck he beat an injured Sylvia (back surgery after the fight) and an over-rated (combo of a great performance by him and a horrible one by CC) Gonzaga in a fight that was greatly influenced by a fluke busted nose.

I like Randy and I hope he shuts the Vanilla Gorilla down, but he would get overwhelmed by Fedor...

I was with you until the end, i am actually pulling for Brock in that fight. I still like Randy but i lost a lot of respect for him with what he pulled in this last year. He basically acted like "Not only am i underpaid and underappreciated, (even though he was making something like 1 mil a fight) but there is nobody here for me to fight, so sign Fedor or i am outta here" Nog is one of the great Heavyweight fighters of all time and Randy had no interest in fighting him at all, makes me wonder if he thinks he can beat him. But he talks smack about Fedor like he is not the legit Number 1 Heavy in the world. Randy has not done enough to feel he is the man, he just hasn't. Brock was getting pissed off in the interview yesterday as Randy still would not shut up about fighting Fedor. He's looking past Brock, i don't care what he says. He's 45, he has maybe 3 fights left and he'll retire. I like Brock because i think he has charisma, can develop into a tremendous fighter and can sell a shitload of tickets. Randy can beat Brock but after that all he really has left to do, is fight Fedor, get arm-barred and call it a career.

Evan
09-03-2008, 04:57 PM
Cain Velasquez cant be beaten...jk. I just love that dude so much!

I'm calling it now...

2010 is the year of Cain & Carwin.

Add in Lesnar and the HW is looking pretty good in the future should they all pan out.

Evan
09-03-2008, 05:25 PM
Brock Lesnar, Randy Couture on ESPN

http://sports.espn.go.com/broadband/video/video?id=3566944

Look at the size difference...

dallaskd
09-03-2008, 05:45 PM
Fedor is great and would probably crush Randy. But nobody is invincible. He can be beaten.

Fujita almost knocked Fedor out.

And the Randleplex could have hurt him badly if he had fell on his head differently.

dallaskd
09-03-2008, 05:50 PM

Randy aint scared at all.

djohn14
09-03-2008, 05:58 PM
I'm calling it now...

2010 is the year of Cain & Carwin.

Add in Lesnar and the HW is looking pretty good in the future should they all pan out.

Every year is the year of Cain.......haha...but I really think your right. Thanks for bring up Cawin too. He is very very good, and I always forget about him because of his lack of competition. Lets put it this way though...I love Cain, and would rather him fight a whole lot of people not named Carwin!

dbreiden83080
09-03-2008, 06:30 PM

Oh yeah they are selling this thing big already and it will break all the records, this is an MMA wet dream.

Massive size difference, Brock is a fucking animal. My biggest question for Randy coming into this fight is "How is he going to move Brock around in the Octagon" I really don't believe that he can. Brock's physical prowess and wrestling ability will dictate where the fight goes. Does Randy just try and keep it standing, we'll see.

djohn14
09-03-2008, 07:10 PM
I swear to God, if Brock Bull rushes everyone somebody is gonna knock his ass out! Brock is like Tito. I hate him, but there is no way I miss his fights.

dbreiden83080
09-03-2008, 07:17 PM
I swear to God, if Brock Bull rushes everyone somebody is gonna knock his ass out! Brock is like Tito. I hate him, but there is no way I miss his fights.

Well sure he can't be reckless about it as time goes on with the rushes. Why so much hate for Brock?? He seems to be on one side or the other, people love him or hate him. I don't get why but he is selling tickets and Dana is loving it. This will be the biggest fight in MMA history.

djohn14
09-03-2008, 07:28 PM
Well sure he can't be reckless about it as time goes on with the rushes. Why so much hate for Brock?? He seems to be on one side or the other, people love him or hate him. I don't get why but he is selling tickets and Dana is loving it. This will be the biggest fight in MMA history.

I just dont like his me, me, me attitude. I want fighters that show respect. You dont have to show Anderson Silva type respect, but dont mock your opponent. I like people who go on about their business and let their fighting do their talking. Did you see what he did after the Herring fight. Complete disrespect.

dallaskd
09-03-2008, 07:28 PM
This will be the biggest fight in MMA history.

We'll see.

Ortiz-Liddell II
Ortiz-Shamrock I & II
Fedor-CC

were all huge.

Evan
09-03-2008, 07:42 PM
We'll see.

Ortiz-Liddell II
Ortiz-Shamrock I & II
Fedor-CC

were all huge.

It will be bigger....every forum and blog right now is 50% Lesnar Randy stories. There is more of those than PRIDE folding stories by far.

dbreiden83080
09-03-2008, 07:43 PM
I just dont like his me, me, me attitude. I want fighters that show respect. You dont have to show Anderson Silva type respect, but dont mock your opponent. I like people who go on about their business and let their fighting do their talking. Did you see what he did after the Herring fight. Complete disrespect.

This is something that i don't get. Brock does not come off as ME ME anymore than an arrogant ass like BJ does, when he's licking blood off his gloves and talking shit. Tito and his gravedigger routine, hell even GSP who i love does a full on break dance when he KO's someone. Brock mocking Heath was no big deal at all because it was in no way unusual to the sport.

oligarchy
09-03-2008, 07:49 PM
anyone want to guess what Randy is making now? Cash plus ppv money? 1mil+ ?

djohn14
09-03-2008, 07:50 PM
This is something that i don't get. Brock does not come off as ME ME anymore than an arrogant ass like BJ does, when he's licking blood off his gloves and talking shit. Tito and his gravedigger routine, hell even GSP who i love does a full on break dance when he KO's someone. Brock mocking Heath was no big deal at all because it was in no way unusual to the sport.

And its fine that you like him, Im not criticizing you or anyone that does. I just dont like him, Im not exactly a huge BJ Penn fan either, as Ive stated I dont like Tito. Its not unusual to the sport, and thats sad, but a diffrence between Brock and BJ, GSP, and hell even Tito, is that I really dont think Brock respects the sport.

dallaskd
09-03-2008, 07:54 PM
VXNroQ1-dWs

dbreiden83080
I really dont think Brock respects the sport.

Why would you say that?? He works supposedly as hard as anyone in training. I respect the fact that he came to UFC and said "I'll fight the best right away" He is not looking for any shortcut easy fights, to make a quick buck and then leave the sport. If he took a half assed approach to this sport, i would say "He does not respect it" but that is not the case.

Evan
anyone want to guess what Randy is making now? Cash plus ppv money? 1mil+ ?

Not sure but I bet its a huge PPV cut....just massive...

But there will be no up front bonus:lol

djohn14
09-03-2008, 08:22 PM
Why would you say that?? He works supposedly as hard as anyone in training. I respect the fact that he came to UFC and said "I'll fight the best right away" He is not looking for any shortcut easy fights, to make a quick buck and then leave the sport. If he took a half assed approach to this sport, i would say "He does not respect it" but that is not the case.

No, I mean he dosent respect the fighters. No, you never take a "im gonna lose approach", but he thought he was better than anyone before he ever fought in MMA. All Im trying to say is that I hate when people mock other fighters. And dammit your making me say all this stuff I dont mean lol. Im just trying to get accross that I hate Lesnar because he mocks his opponents, and I think he is a complete asshole.:bang lol

Evan
09-03-2008, 08:30 PM
No, I mean he dosent respect the fighters. No, you never take a "im gonna lose approach", but he thought he was better than anyone before he ever fought in MMA. All Im trying to say is that I hate when people mock other fighters. And dammit your making me say all this stuff I dont mean lol. Im just trying to get accross that I hate Lesnar because he mocks his opponents, and I think he is a complete asshole.:bang lol

IMO...Just my opinion...its not a matter of respecting the fighters as having a supreme understanding of what makes fans tick. His "low class antics" have created a firestorm of discussion that will do nothing but churn out PPV buys in record numbers that will line his and Randy's pocket's. He's a young HW Tito upgrade that has talent and upside.

Josh Barnett makes a cut throat sign after every victory but yet people are ok with it because he is rather dull....Brock has a superior understanding of how to win over a crowd so his one time point and laugh is engraved in peoples memory. Love or hate Lesnar he has won you over because you are passionate about him.

Its a predetermined plan of his...I guarantee he sat down and thought very hard about what will fire up mma fans after victories and damn if it didn't work.

djohn14
09-03-2008, 08:47 PM
IMO...Just my opinion...its not a matter of respecting the fighters as having a supreme understanding of what makes fans tick. His "low class antics" have created a firestorm of discussion that will do nothing but churn out PPV buys in record numbers that will line his and Randy's pocket's. He's a young HW Tito upgrade that has talent and upside.

Josh Barnett makes a cut throat sign after every victory but yet people are ok with it because he is rather dull....Brock has a superior understanding of how to win over a crowd so his one time point and laugh is engraved in peoples memory. Love or hate Lesnar he has won you over because you are passionate about him.
Its a predetermined plan of his...I guarantee he sat down and thought very hard about what will fire up mma fans after victories and damn if it didn't work.

For sure! One way or another...he really has!

dbreiden83080
09-03-2008, 08:54 PM
It's really a promoters dream to have a guy that whether you hate him or love him you will pay to see him fight. Unlike someone like Tim Sylvia, who was disliked or just ignored by most MMA fans. He never had that "IT" factor, that brought people to their TV sets. He is a guy that promoters pull their hair out trying to market. Hence why he is no longer in the UFC, despite his abilities warranting him still being there.

Evan
09-03-2008, 08:55 PM
For sure! One way or another...he really has!

me too...I mean..I f*cking hate Tito but I don't care to see him fight because I think he is done...but Lesnar...I can't wait to see him again because of the chaos...

This entire Lesnar experiment has played out perfectly. For f*cks sake there is a hundred threads on various forums saying he can beat Fedor...I mean....WHAT?! But then you start to think and damn...people still love Tito and he hasn't done anything for a long time and yet people are still passionate about him.

We MMA fans truly love the sport and true legit fighting but we also love the stories and drama that goes with it and Lesnar is a magnification of that. Thankfully the guy is a true athlete so we get to keep out souls. :lol

Evan
09-03-2008, 09:00 PM
It's really a promoters dream to have a guy that whether you hate him or love him you will pay to see him fight. Unlike someone like Tim Sylvia, who was disliked or just ignored by most MMA fans. He never had that "IT" factor, that brought people to their TV sets. He is a guy that promoters pull their hair out trying to market. Hence why he is no longer in the UFC, despite his abilities warranting him still being there.

^^^^^NAILED.IT.ON.THE.HEAD ^^^^^

Guys like Lesnar will do nothing but help MMA as long as he can truly do the job and isn't just a show piece

Kimbo is a show piece and has been marketed as such....

The UFC got a far upgraded version of Kimbo and Tito combined who is a HW (and people love HW's) who has proven he has skill. Who knows how far that skill can go but damn if it won't be one hell of a show finding out.

dallaskd
09-03-2008, 09:01 PM
Lesnar is a farce. Couture by knee to the forehead.

dbreiden83080
09-03-2008, 09:03 PM

Brock by Lay n Pray, Randy still wants to fight Fedor :hat

djohn14
09-03-2008, 09:07 PM

Hope so....hope so. Brock for sure sells tickets. Randy sells tickets. Randys comeback will sell tickets. Add that all togather and in a non-math majors mind thats 3x as many buyers, which comes out to like 9,999,999,999,103 viewers!

Evan
09-03-2008, 09:13 PM

UFC Lesnar Vs Randy by 1.5 million PPV's

EXC Kimbo Vs Ken by epic fail on CBS

Survival.....

Hate to sound like such a UFC homer but it is what it is.

tlongII
09-03-2008, 09:13 PM

dallaskd
09-03-2008, 09:20 PM

tlong is hilarious

Evan
09-03-2008, 09:24 PM
I love tlong...he's so consistent. Please stick around dude.

dallaskd
09-03-2008, 09:27 PM
yeah definately tlong. this thread is closing in on 2,000 replies!

dallaskd
09-03-2008, 09:37 PM
It will be bigger....every forum and blog right now is 50% Lesnar Randy stories. There is more of those than PRIDE folding stories by far.

The funny thing is...the fighters aren't even the best p4p. and the matchup is really not that great. GSP-Penn is actually a better fight imo.

Evan
09-03-2008, 09:44 PM
The funny thing is...the fighters aren't even the best p4p. and the matchup is really not that great. GSP-Penn is actually a better fight imo.

Thats ok!

You are 100% correct but sometimes larger than life personalities mean more than true talent. Sometimes fans want a story and personality as a change so when you mix in great talent with personalities you have a winner.

GSP and Penn are fairly bland on camera but awesome in a fight. You have to have both talent and personality to rock the PPV which a sport must have to live off of. Appreciate it for what it is, a rare type of fight.

We need such variety....this sport will thrive on it. The is so good for mma. The sport needs a spectrum of fighting skills and personalities. Its why PRIDE was so awesome to watch...it was a bit more than just the fight...just for whatever reason PPV's don't work in Japan. Sit back and enjoy it!!! :toast

Evan
09-04-2008, 07:50 AM
odd quote by Dana...wonder what it means...

talking about affliction

“I would be (expletive) horrified if Affliction is still in business by January,” he declared. “They’re going to burn a lot of cash in the next few months, believe me. Good luck to ‘em. I’ll be sitting here waiting to see what happens.”

wonder if this has to do with Randy suddenly coming over. Something else is happening.

I love afflictions second card…good match ups….if they keep having cards like that they will start changing peoples mind about them.

desflood
09-04-2008, 08:57 AM
odd quote by Dana...wonder what it means...

talking about affliction

wonder if this has to do with Randy suddenly coming over. Something else is happening.

I love afflictions second card…good match ups….if they keep having cards like that they will start changing peoples mind about them.
I think you're right - there's something to be read between the lines here that most people aren't aware of yet.

Evan
09-05-2008, 02:24 PM
son.of.a.bitch

Report: Karo Parisyan injured, UFC 88 bout scrapped (5oz pain)

dbreiden83080
09-05-2008, 02:37 PM
son.of.a.bitch

Report: Karo Parisyan injured, UFC 88 bout scrapped (5oz pain)

How the fuck did he get hurt 2 days before the damn fight???

Evan
09-05-2008, 02:50 PM
5 Oz. Exclusive: Thiago Silva no longer expected to fight Lyoto Machida at UFC 89

Evan
09-05-2008, 02:50 PM
How the fuck did he get hurt 2 days before the damn fight???

I have no clue. These guys take it easy 2 weeks out.

dbreiden83080
09-05-2008, 03:24 PM
5 Oz. Exclusive: Thiago Silva no longer expected to fight Lyoto Machida at UFC 89

LOL, why he's seen enough tape to realize he has no clue how the fuck to fight him :hat

LEONARD
09-05-2008, 06:13 PM
Rampage vs Wanderlei 3 on the same card as Couture-Lesnar?? :wow
http://www.bloodyelbow.com/2008/9/5/608275/possible-rampage-vs-wandy

Evan
09-05-2008, 06:16 PM

Think that might get a few ppv buys? :lol

oligarchy
09-05-2008, 06:33 PM

Like zero. Who wants to see that fight?

dbreiden83080
09-05-2008, 08:15 PM

OH MY GOD!!!

Please make that fight. Are you kidding me, whatever it takes get it signed. What a co-main event. :toast

dbreiden83080
09-05-2008, 08:16 PM
Like zero. Who wants to see that fight?

Your Joking Right

Evan
09-05-2008, 08:20 PM
I thought Dana was just being his over optimistic promoter self when he said 1.5 million buys but they very well may hit that mark.

These 4 guys are going to make a fortune in ppv sale percentages. Good for them.

Evan
09-05-2008, 08:21 PM
Your Joking Right

Your sarcasm meter became unplugged, my friend.

dbreiden83080
09-05-2008, 08:22 PM
I thought Dana was just being his over optimistic promoter self when he said 1.5 million buys but they very well may hit that mark.

These 4 guys are going to make a fortune in ppv sale percentages. Good for them.

I like Page, but if it happens i'll be pulling hard for Wandy in that fight. He needs the win more and he has Page's number.

dbreiden83080
09-05-2008, 08:24 PM
Your sarcasm meter became unplugged, my friend.

Hey i have seen some weird ass fans in my time show no interest in some awesome fights. We had people in the UFC 87 thread saying "They had no interest in seeing GSP fight."

Evan
09-05-2008, 08:26 PM
I like Page, but if it happens i'll be pulling hard for Wandy in that fight. He needs the win more and he has Page's number.

The thought of trying to pick a winner makes my head hurt.

Evan
09-05-2008, 08:27 PM
Hey i have seen some weird ass fans in my time show no interest in some awesome fights. We had people in the UFC 87 thread saying "They had no interest in seeing GSP fight."

I hear ya. The fans on this forum are pretty good peoplez though.

I honestly take everyone's opinion here to heart 10 times more than anywhere else.

Evan
09-05-2008, 09:09 PM
Noooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo

Wednesday's WEC 36 event moved to Nov. 5 due to Hurricane Ike
by MMAjunkie.com Staff on Sep 05, 2008 at 9:50 pm ET

World Extreme Cagefighting's Sept. 10 "WEC 36: Faber vs. Brown" event has been rescheuled for Nov. 5 due to Hurricane Ike, which is expected to hit Florida early next week.

oligarchy
09-06-2008, 12:54 AM
Your Joking Right

Yes..

Noooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo

Wednesday's WEC 36 event moved to Nov. 5 due to Hurricane Ike
by MMAjunkie.com Staff on Sep 05, 2008 at 9:50 pm ET

World Extreme Cagefighting's Sept. 10 "WEC 36: Faber vs. Brown" event has been rescheuled for Nov. 5 due to Hurricane Ike, which is expected to hit Florida early next week.

So now WEC fans dislike the name Ike as much as Tina.

angelbelow
09-06-2008, 01:09 AM

would love to see a rematch.

dallaskd
09-06-2008, 01:23 AM
Dana on MMA Live...

http://sports.espn.go.com/broadband/video/videopage?videoId=3569166&categoryId=2881270

dallaskd
09-06-2008, 01:27 AM
Lesnar and Couture on also. Dana talks Fedor..

dallaskd
09-06-2008, 01:34 AM
oh and evan i guess you "reliable friend" was wrong about Randy retiring.

polandprzem
09-06-2008, 06:35 AM
I'm syked up

Damn, dana so calmed down!

Lesnar talking about his wrestling past, well he has got right, Randy is not a heavy weight.

And If Dana talking global he should also consider Poland

Evan
09-06-2008, 07:42 AM
oh and evan i guess you "reliable friend" was wrong about Randy retiring.

That was a quote from someone on a another forum. Not anyone I knew.

djohn14
09-06-2008, 01:09 PM
MMARated.com is reporting that a fight between Quinton "Rampage" Jackson and Wanderlei Silva is very close to being finalized for UFC 91 on November 15 in Las Vegas, Nevada. The two have fought twice previously in PRIDE with Silva picking up a victory each time. The main event for UFC 91 is currently scheduled to be Randy Couture vs. Brock Lesnar for the UFC heavyweight title.

desflood
09-06-2008, 01:33 PM
There goes the Jardine/Silva rumor I heard yesterday.

dallaskd
09-06-2008, 02:22 PM
There goes the Jardine/Silva rumor I heard this yesterday.

they already fought???

dallaskd
09-06-2008, 02:22 PM
And plus Jardine is already set to fight Vera.

desflood
09-06-2008, 04:34 PM
they already fought???
I heard rumors of a rematch.

djohn14
09-06-2008, 04:43 PM

Jardine would go night night again

desflood
09-06-2008, 04:47 PM
Most likely!

Tito Ortiz claims Juanito Ibarra ripped off Rampage

Posted by Dave Carpinello

In an Interview with PDG, Tito Ortiz chronicled one of Quinton “Rampage” Jackson’s reasons behind the firing of former trainer Juanito Ibarra.

“Let me explain this to you because it really pisses me off that Ibarra has done what he has done, he is a thief,” said Ortiz. “I have been running training camps for seven years up in Big Bear California and the most that my camp has cost a fighter to attend is $35,000. Ibarra was charging Jackson $65,000 to go to Big Bear. I don’t understand that! He was being very disrespectful and taking advantage of Rampage. Including travel, training partners, food and lodging, the most ever was $35,000, maybe if you flew in more trainers… 40K. Where did that extra money go that Ibarra was charging? Rampage is really pissed and he feels betrayed that he was taken advantage of and I couldn’t agree more with him. I don’t care if Juanito reads this or hears about it anywhere, he already knows that he is blackballed. I don’t care who you are; fighters work very hard for the money they earn and I feel slighted for even knowing Juanito.”

White Chocolate Management (who also represents Jackson) had filed a $10 million lawsuit against Ibarra and Jackson for alleged breach of contract by the two. Jackson has now all but been removed from the lawsuit since since firing Ibarra.

Jackson also recently signed a three-year agreement to train out of the Wolfslair Academy that is based out of the United Kingdom and is the home of both Michael Bisping and Paul Kelly.

dbreiden83080
09-06-2008, 08:48 PM

I don't think you get one when you get KO'd in like 10 seconds.

Evan
09-06-2008, 08:52 PM
Most likely!

Tito Ortiz claims Juanito Ibarra ripped off Rampage

Posted by Dave Carpinello

In an Interview with PDG, Tito Ortiz chronicled one of Quinton “Rampage” Jackson’s reasons behind the firing of former trainer Juanito Ibarra.

“Let me explain this to you because it really pisses me off that Ibarra has done what he has done, he is a thief,” said Ortiz. “I have been running training camps for seven years up in Big Bear California and the most that my camp has cost a fighter to attend is $35,000. Ibarra was charging Jackson $65,000 to go to Big Bear. I don’t understand that! He was being very disrespectful and taking advantage of Rampage. Including travel, training partners, food and lodging, the most ever was $35,000, maybe if you flew in more trainers… 40K. Where did that extra money go that Ibarra was charging? Rampage is really pissed and he feels betrayed that he was taken advantage of and I couldn’t agree more with him. I don’t care if Juanito reads this or hears about it anywhere, he already knows that he is blackballed. I don’t care who you are; fighters work very hard for the money they earn and I feel slighted for even knowing Juanito.”

White Chocolate Management (who also represents Jackson) had filed a $10 million lawsuit against Ibarra and Jackson for alleged breach of contract by the two. Jackson has now all but been removed from the lawsuit since since firing Ibarra.

Jackson also recently signed a three-year agreement to train out of the Wolfslair Academy that is based out of the United Kingdom and is the home of both Michael Bisping and Paul Kelly.

lol

the irony

djohn14
09-07-2008, 10:31 AM
Dana confirmed it...Rashad versus Forrest!

Evan
09-07-2008, 11:04 AM
I don't like Rashad very much but good for him...he deserves it.

I bet nobody thought they would see the day two fellows from TUF would fight for a belt.

TUF > Shogun and Chuck

:frying:

djohn14
09-07-2008, 11:58 AM
I don't like Rashad very much but good for him...he deserves it.

I bet nobody thought they would see the day two fellows from TUF would fight for a belt.

TUF > Shogun and Chuck

:frying:

I feel ya...Rashad is starting to grow on me though.

polandprzem
09-07-2008, 12:00 PM
http://webpages.charter.net/gline/kimbo.vs.shamrock.full.fight-juggo.gif

:lmao

Evan
09-07-2008, 12:31 PM
http://webpages.charter.net/gline/kimbo.vs.shamrock.full.fight-juggo.gif

bwaaaaaaa hahahahahah

Evan
09-08-2008, 07:52 AM
anyone know when Stephan Bonnar fights next?

polandprzem
09-08-2008, 10:03 AM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JpOcWxPlqt0&feature=related

Evan
09-08-2008, 12:01 PM
mmajunkie

Spike TV will re-air all 12 episodes of "The Ultimate Fighter" season one, as well as the show's ground-breaking live finale, this coming Saturday, Sept. 13, beginning at 9 a.m. ET/PT.

As part of the marathon, Spike TV will mix in clips from a recently taped reunion special that took place in Las Vegas.

Season-one notables who were part of the reunion include season-one light-heavyweight winner and current title-holder Forrest Griffin, season-one middleweight winner Diego Sanchez, Chris Leben, Stephan Bonnar, Josh Koscheck, Nate Quarry, Kenny Florian, Bobby Southworth and Mike Swick.

Evan
09-10-2008, 12:11 PM
mmaweekly on Urijah answering a question many wanted to hear

“I’d like to fight Tyson (Griffin) again. For some reason he keeps saying that I don’t want to fight him. Which is really weird, I don’t know if he really believes that or he’s just trying to promote it,” said Faber during a recent appearance on MMAWeekly Radio. “I actually signed a crappy contract with King of the Cage a long time ago under the impression that we were going to have a rematch. It was right when Tyson signed with the UFC, so it never happened.

“I’d like to get that one back before it’s all said and done.”

Faber stated that he would have no problem moving back up to the lightweight class of 155 pounds to take that fight against Griffin and hopes for a few more big fights in that division, as well as the 135-pound weight class down the road.

“I’d like to do a couple fights at 155,” he commented. “I walk around about 154, but I wouldn’t necessarily put on weight, I’d just kind of go in as I am. I think before it’s all said and done, I will have fought some super fights at 55, probably some at 35, and make my home at 45.”

And forget about him going and fighting Kid…its time the Japanese start coming here to fight instead of everyone over there. People say they make too much in marketing to stay in Japan but I say that’s BS. If that was the case and being a Japanese fighter was so lucrative how come the leagues are failing with half fool stadiums? Who is paying them and why? Meh….

djohn14
09-10-2008, 07:54 PM
Tito Ortiz recently sat down with MMAWeekly.com and discussed his free agent status, which is one of the hottest topics in MMA right now:

"Most likely I'm not going with the UFC, that's about 99% sure that that's not happening. I've got to be thankful for Lorenzo (Fertitta), what he gave me to this point, but it's too bad that they have a president the way he is, just hot headed the way he is, takes everything personal and I wash my hands clean. I did as much as I possibly could for them, and they did as much as they possibly could for me.

"I'm in the midst of possibly signing with somebody. I'm going to go to a company that's going to take me very seriously and use everything that they can use for me. In the public, in fights, in everything.

"I'm going to move on and I'm going to try another company out, I'm going to see how it goes. By the end of this month there will be a big news break, where Tito Ortiz is going and what I did for a contract."

411 mania!

djohn14
09-10-2008, 07:55 PM
NBCSports.com's Mike Chiappetta posted an article earlier today where Affliction COO Michael Cohen confirms that Fedor Emelianenko will fight at Affliction's "Day Of Reckoning" PPV which has been moved to January of 2009 in Anaheim, California. Cohen also mentioned that Affliction will hold a press conference in two weeks where they will make a major announcement that will "change the dynamics of mixed martials arts. Not just nationally, but globally."

411 mania

You can read the entire article here.

http://nbcsports.msnbc.com/id/26646955/

dbreiden83080
09-10-2008, 08:07 PM
There is nowhere else for Tito to go, long term. Everyone else is just bleeding money big time right now. Shows are getting post-poned and just outright cancelled. The UFC is so HUGE that something like UFC 88, one of the lesser promoted cards of the year, got big attendance and PPV buys. The UFC is really it right now. If Tito wants to fight 4 or 5 more times, and make some good money, he is going to have to end up there, i would think.

Evan
09-10-2008, 08:11 PM
NBCSports.com's Mike Chiappetta posted an article earlier today where Affliction COO Michael Cohen confirms that Fedor Emelianenko will fight at Affliction's "Day Of Reckoning" PPV which has been moved to January of 2009 in Anaheim, California. Cohen also mentioned that Affliction will hold a press conference in two weeks where they will make a major announcement that will "change the dynamics of mixed martials arts. Not just nationally, but globally."

411 mania

You can read the entire article here.

http://nbcsports.msnbc.com/id/26646955/

There is no way Fedor fights NYE and has a 3 week turnaround.

Not buying it.

djohn14
09-10-2008, 08:26 PM
There is no way Fedor fights NYE and has a 3 week turnaround.

Not buying it.

Im just posting what I read. Im not some Affliction official or anything;)

Evan
09-10-2008, 08:29 PM
Im just posting what I read. Im not some Affliction official or anything;)

Of course! I was just making comments out loud.

Genius on Affliction...they have turned this awful news in a bull shit cloud of smoke to boomerang fans around.

The Tito Vs Fedor rumors are already circulating. Well done Affliction...very well played.

Evan
09-10-2008, 08:35 PM
There is going to be 1,000 rumors a month over the next 4 months as Affliction, DREAM and EXC are all on shaky legs. Chaos stories and speculation.

Awesome way to herald in the new forum!!!! haha

cornbread
09-10-2008, 09:33 PM
I saw this guy (Ruben "Cobrinha" Charles) compete at a bjj tournament last weekend and he was simply amazing. He hasn't lost a match in competition in quite a few years and it was obvious why. I wish I would have asked him if he's considering mma (he was very approachable and friendly). He would probably do some damage at 155.

Travis Lutter was there too. I snapped a picture but it's way too blurry.

JkB3cpwPSB4

1:42 has gotta be the coolest scramble I've ever seen.

cornbread
09-10-2008, 09:40 PM
I guess the video is not going to show up. Here's the link if you're interested.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JkB3cpwPSB4

Evan
09-11-2008, 03:06 PM
Sherdog top 10 rankings.

So Couture gets taken off the top 10 because he hasn't fought in a year yet he is fighting Lesnar soon….

Fedor didn't get taken off the top 10 and they justified it because he was fighting soon…

I don't get it.

I hate rankings so much.

Evan
09-11-2008, 03:17 PM
And Tim is #3....................

LEONARD
09-12-2008, 05:24 PM
The PPV race this year between UFC, WWE, and HBO boxing...
http://www.mmapayout.com/2008/09/inside-the-ppv-battle-numbers/

Evan
09-12-2008, 05:54 PM
Dream if screwing over their fighters by not paying them

http://www.bloodyelbow.com/2008/9/12/612933/dream-not-paying-fighters

Maybe Josh Gross should write an open letter to DREAM?

desflood
09-12-2008, 06:01 PM
Sherdog top 10 rankings.

So Couture gets taken off the top 10 because he hasn't fought in a year yet he is fighting Lesnar soon….

Fedor didn't get taken off the top 10 and they justified it because he was fighting soon…

I don't get it.

I hate rankings so much.
Write 'em a nasty email. Not that it'll do ya any good.

Evan
09-12-2008, 06:07 PM
Write 'em a nasty email. Not that it'll do ya any good.

They're heavily biased against the UFC and always have been...that site is pure shit and the only reason I go there is to get irritated it seems. :lol

I don't give a damn if someone doesn't like the UFC, just don't be hypercritical.

Sam Caplan doesn't seem to like the UFC at all but he isn't blindly biased beyond reason so I love reading his work.

Evan
09-12-2008, 08:22 PM
Alright people…I just bought Randy's and Tito's biography…I'll let you know how they are. After that I will have read every MMA book written except for Sherks book which I will buy in short order.

eh....I just ordered Sherks as well.

polandprzem
09-13-2008, 03:33 AM
I always was wondering why Courture is aloms a god in American (most of) MMA fans.

polandprzem
09-13-2008, 06:26 AM
http://pl.youtube.com/watch?v=_1nzEFMjkI4

Jardine seems to be in good shape!

Evan
09-13-2008, 08:48 AM
I always was wondering why Courture is aloms a god in American (most of) MMA fans.

Humble beginnings but its just ending bad

djohn14
09-13-2008, 08:58 AM
Now, Im not gonna post a bunch of bull crap, so please believe me. I cant post the link for some very odd reason. Im sure Ill find it on another site pretty soon. Anyway the long rumored third bout between Rampage and Wandy is close to being official/official and no announcement has been made yet. Ill keep looking, but I think it was like Canadian MMA or something.

Evan
09-13-2008, 09:00 AM
damn thats good news

djohn14
09-13-2008, 09:00 AM
http://www.mmacanada.net/ yeah, its like the fifth article down.

Evan
09-13-2008, 09:22 AM
tuf 1 marathon in spike..

Evan
09-13-2008, 09:38 AM
Gawd I don't think I ever saw the first two episodes of tuf...Jason Thacker...holy shit man

Rip-Hamilton32
09-13-2008, 10:30 AM
i forgot my boy nate was chosen first wonder what could have been had he not broken his leg

LEONARD
09-13-2008, 11:38 AM
http://assets.sbnation.com/imported_assets/22356/rogan_medium.jpg

http://assets.sbnation.com/imported_assets/22354/dana_medium.jpg

http://assets.sbnation.com/imported_assets/22358/cecil_medium.jpg

dbreiden83080
09-13-2008, 11:54 AM

:lmao:lmao:lmao

Evan
09-13-2008, 01:16 PM

I laughed so hard I blew my O-Ring

ooo
ooo
ooooo

dallaskd
09-13-2008, 01:21 PM
"Says 17 Different combinations of profanity" :lol

"Chuck Liddell's Balls" :lmao

djohn14
09-13-2008, 01:31 PM
That made my day, thank you so much!

dallaskd
09-13-2008, 04:34 PM
Xtreme Couture holding event...

http://www.mmaweekly.com/absolutenm/templates/dailynews.asp?articleid=7091&zoneid=13

Evan
09-14-2008, 11:06 AM
Zuffa is starting to go after streamers and torrent users. So the days of free UFC are coming to an end.

I am sure this is something that Lorenzo is heading.

I'm ordering the next PPV on yahoo.com since I will save about $15 considering DirecTV HD is about $60 after taxes.

dbreiden83080
09-14-2008, 02:04 PM
Zuffa is starting to go after streamers and torrent users. So the days of free UFC are coming to an end.

I am sure this is something that Lorenzo is heading.

I'm ordering the next PPV on yahoo.com since I will save about $15 considering DirecTV HD is about $60 after taxes.

Are you shitting me 60 bucks :wow

I skipped UFC 88 and will skip likely 89 and 90. UFC 91, Brock and Randy and UFC 93, GSP and Penn are the big ones coming up that i can't miss. Cablevision is 45 bucks for the HD. Hopefully that doesn't go any higher. My salary isn't going up much anytime soon.

Evan
09-14-2008, 02:15 PM
after taxes yeah about $60. DTV is the best TV system of all time but its incredibly expensive. Satellites going out in high wind or a storm is a myth although I have had that happen with cable.